Thread: NJPW 45th Anniversary Show (03/06/2017)

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

NJPW NJPW 45th Anniversary Show (03/06/2017)

NJPW 45th Anniversary Show

Singles Match
    Kazuchika Okada vs. Tiger Mask W

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match
    Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. Ryusuke Taguchi

Eight Man Tag Team Match
    Hiroshi Tanahashi, Juice Robinson, KUSHIDA & Michael Elgin vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (BUSHI, EVIL, SANADA & Tetsuya Naito)

IWGP Tag Team Title Match
    CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) (c) vs. TenKoji (Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima)

RPW British Heavyweight Title Match
    Katsuyori Shibata (c) vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match

Roppongi Vice (Beretta & Rocky Romero) vs. Suzuki-gun (Taichi & Yoshinobu Kanemaru)

Ten Man Tag Team Match
    BULLET Club (Bad Luck Fale, Kenny Omega, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa, Yujiro Takahashi) vs. David Finlay, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Togi Makabe & Yuji Nagata

Eight Man Tag Team Match
    CHAOS (Gedo, Hirooki Goto, Jado, YOSHI-HASHI) vs. Suzuki-gun (Davey Boy Smith Jr., El Desperado, Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku)

Singles Match
    Manabu Nakanishi vs. Tomoyuki Oka

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: NJPW 45th Anniversary Show (03/06/2017)

fill
    Fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill
    fill

Spoiler:

Sabre's in Suzuki-gun

Don't know how to feel about that. Good to see another good worker in there I reckon.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

BTB Legend

Status

Comments

Shibata vs. Sabre was good but not great, and I thought the Suzuki-gun interference, whilst making sense from a storyline perspective, took the match down and made it into the kind of title match clown show I really hate to see in New Japan. Okada vs. Tiger Mask W turned into a very good match with some tremendous near-falls at the end. Ibushi works so much better with the new mask.

BTB Newcomer of the Year 2012
    BTB of the Year 2012

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

spoiler
    spoiler
    spoilerspoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler
    spoilerspoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler
    spoiler

The best part about Sabre Jr. in Suzuki-gun is the hilarity of the situation with Taichi. He'd been burying Taichi on twitter during his whole NOAH run and then tweeted recently that he joined Suzuki-gun to avoid having to face Taichi

I just hope this might hint at a possible G1 appearance. I'm doubting it but I mean, he beat one of the more respected singles wrestlers (albeit interference ) and would do well to replace some of the NOAH guys lost.

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status

I can't say I'm a huge fan of ZSJ in SZKG but of the 3 groups he could join in NJPW he probably fits in with them the best. I didn't really enjoy his debut match through no fault of his or Shibata and wish all of SZKG besides Zack would go away. Taichi & Kanemaru champions, can these belts be more worthless?

TenKoji winning the tag straps was a feel good moment and worth watching. Thank God this Yano crap is over.

Taguchi/Hiromu I thought was a really great match that told a few different stories. Taguchi's world class, all there is to it.

Okada/TMW was my favorite Okada main event of the year, thought they avoid the slow start & forced epic of the WK match as well as the base flaws of Okada at New Beginning, instead having a meat & potatoes match built on emotion & fighting spirit. Good stuff. ****+ on both of the last 2 matches.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

GET THESE HANDS

Status
      Country                    England

I have to agree, I thought the last two matches on the show were really great. Takahashi is just hitting a home run right now with every title match he's having and Taguchi put in his best performance since the BOSJ, loved how they went from comedy antics in the feeling out process to taking it seriously. Okada/Ibushi was terrific with an amazing closing stretch, but my god it now seems impossible for Okada to have a title match that doesn't involve holding onto the wrist after the rainmaker. Also 3 rainmakers to get the job done? finisher overload again.

Zack Sabre Jr Vs Katsuyori Shibata just seems to be a match that can't live up to expectations because this is now the third match they've had together that was good, but not great. I don't like him in SZKG because it doesn't feel like he fits other than a weak NOAH link, plus they suck and now he'll be guilty by association, but I guess they need to give him some allies so he can be involved with tags and a heel turn off the bat might make people care about him more. I think it might back up Zack being a heavyweight because SZKG already have 4 Jrs so it's not like they need a 5th. If Zack now gets tacked onto the New Japa Cup shows in tag matches, that would explain his absence from the 16 carat tournament.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

In regards to Zack. I think the win over Shibata would also give him a case as a heavyweight. Is there anywhere where he is booked as a full blown face still? He turned on IPW, turned on PWG, heel now on NJPW. I cant imagine Gabe will do it on EVOLVE but I thought that might have been the plan with the temporary meanstreak he had to start the year.

SZKG is the weakest stable fornsure so they definitely needed something there. Im genuinely interested in how many appearances he will be amaking at NJPW.

Even liking both Shibata and ZSJ a ton... I actually dont think its a combination that would give me any sort of significant excitement. Its not really a match up im excited in and would expect something great out of aside from them both being great wrestlers.

GET THESE HANDS

Status

He's a face too on his Progress appearances, and with the way British Strong Style and Will Ospreay are big heels now, he's probably gonna stay that way for a while.

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status

Gah I said that last month, I hate them pimping out what was once a meaningful spot into every match. I don't know whose idea it was but if I were in charge I'd make him stop. Definitely agree that such a degree of things were too much. I guess it was their way of putting over TMW.

Hiromu is also a the Man, no doubt about it. I really wish they would have avoided going back to the KUSHIDA well so soon for him. Really feel like the junior division would have been popping had they done something fresher and as cool as it would be to see ZSJ mix it up in G1 I think there's even more value in ZSJ as a key cog in helping to make the junior division as big as possible rather than a low - mid tier heavyweight. If it were me I would have built to Hiromu vs ZSJ BOSJ Final and had Ospreay challenge at Sakura Genesis since he seems to be an odd man out atm. By far Hiromu's title reign is the thing I'm most interested in in NJPW right now with so many fresh and exciting matchups and hopefully they don't undercut his momentum anytime soon.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Im cool with Okada's grip thing. I like that it's more common now, there's no reason for him to just let it go against people. If he intends on delivering his finisher then it makes sense to try and keep a grip of it to ensure hes in a good position for it. It doesn't ruin anything for me, kind of makes me feel like Okada is progressing somewhat.

Not a fan of KUSHIDA vs Hiromu again but may as well push Hiromu to the moon before he ends up dead this time next year with the shit he does.

Cant see ZSJ being a junior when SZKG have their juniors and Shibata's heat is stone dead jobbing to a junior. But then again, could have been his punishment. Couldnt care less fot SZKG, they suck and ZSJ isnt going to change much about them. Excited to see what ZSJ does, though.

Also Taguchi continues to provide the goods when required. Wish he could be more serious often as I think hes underrated at times.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

#Zacky3Belts says he wants Shibata's best friend, Hirooki Goto next. I think they can do something better than what was done with Shibata but the SZKG presence may change that and ruin it.

Shibata is heartbroken because he thought he had a special connection with ZSJ. Now he knows how his wife felt.

Status

ZSJ vs Goto doesn't do much for me tbh. Should be a good match but can't say I'm that into ZSJ heeling it up as a part of SZKG. And Goto is Goto.

Lol if Goto drops the belt though. Would suit him to a T.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

GET THESE HANDS

Status

It's an incredible push Zack's having straight out the gates. No doubt in my mind he's in the G1.

Status

I really hope KUSHIDA ends up in the G1 too but can't see them elevating two juniors to a G1 spot. Then again, ZSJ wasn't brought in as a junior initially.

I'd like to see ZSJ vs Ishii just to see how they play off the size difference. ZSJ doesn't have the typical heavyweight physique so kind of curious about him in the G1 tbh.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Theyre running KUSHIDA vs. ZSJ at RevPro's Epic Encounters so sort of had a feeling he was taking the British Heavy.

The Maverick

Status

Finally watching this and catching up on NJPW after taking a bit of a break with work and catching up on movies.
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

The Maverick

Status

Fuck those last 2 matches were absolutely great. I'm liking Taguchi more and more. I thought he was more comedy but I see unlike Yano he can actually wrestle and get serious. Okada/TMW was incredible and I was hooked every minute of it.
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

I'll be fine Daddy.
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

Thread Information