Thread: ROH 15th Anniversary Show (03/10/2017)

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Canada

ROH ROH 15th Anniversary Show (03/10/2017)

ROH 15th Anniversary Show Card

Singles Match for the ROH World Championship
    Adam Cole (c) vs. Christopher Daniels

Singles Match for the ROH World Television Championship
    Lio Rush vs. Marty Scurll (c)

Las Vegas Street Fight for the ROH World Tag Team Championships
    Roppongi Vice (Beretta & Rocky Romero) vs. The Hardys (Broken Matt & Brother Nero) (c) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson)

Singles Match
    Bobby Fish vs. Jay Lethal

Six Man Tag Team Match for the ROH World Six Man Tag Team Championships

Dalton Castle and The Boys vs. The Kingdom (Matt Taven, TK O'Ryan & Vinny Marseglia)

Six Man Tag Team Match
    The Briscoes (Jay and Mark Briscoe) and Bully Ray vs. War Machine (Ray Rowe and Hanson) and Davey Boy Smith Jr.

​sourced from ROH Wiki Page.
    Last edited by Jon Snow; 03-07-2017 at 02:41 PM.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Re: ROH 15th Anniversary Show (03/10/2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Legend View Post
    Las Vegas Street Fight for the ROH World Tag Team Championships
    Roppongi Vice (Beretta & Rocky Romero) vs. The Hardys (Broken Matt & Brother Nero) (c) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson)
    When did The Hardys become ROH World Tag Team Champions?

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    y'all need to use spoiler tags

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Dook View Post
    y'all need to use spoiler tags
    Ohhhh shiiiiiiit.

PLUS ULTRA!!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    A few hours ago yasss. Their broken brilliance has been unleashed in the ROH world. The Hardys go from fighting in a Flea Market to fighting for ROH that's a great week for them.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status

The expedition of gold continues.
    Through the darkness of future past
    The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds:
    Fire walk with me.

People's Champion

Status

Also announced...

Briscoes and Bully Ray vs War Machine and Davey Boy Jr

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Updated. At a glance the only two matches I want to watch our the World Television and World title matches. I know Daniels is nearly as old as Goldberg at this point but I've always been sad that neither TNA nor ROH never gave him a World Title run, even transitional.

Status

Top 3 title matches on the card all have my interest, especially the tag match.

Don't see Daniels beating Cole but it would be something.
    Through the darkness of future past
    The magician longs to see.
    One chance out between two worlds:
    Fire walk with me.

People's Champion

Status

Lio Rush and Daniels are winning.

The card looks pretty good.

ROH still has a good tag team division.

I also think Bully Ray cutting promos with no chains is going to be awesome.

BOW DOWN TO RECYCOCKS

Status
      Country                    Canada

Damn my parents are going to Vegas tomorrow wish I went with them

[07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.

[Blank Space]

Status

well that's certainly a unique six man tag (the non-title match that is)

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    well that's certainly a unique six man tag (the non-title match that is)
    I actually hope eventually we get a Bully Ray vs Jay Briscoe feud. The mic work alone would be amazing.

ROH has some of the best Mic guys right now in Jay, Bully, Fish, Scurll, Cole, Lethal, Daniels and to an extent Matt Hardy.

I hope they capitalise
    Last edited by indyfan; 03-07-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Shit Into The Fire

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    That frees Daniels up to win the ROH title when Cole leaves for WWE
    someone knew. Cole's deal is apparently up in April so I was expecting him to drop it soon. I believe War Machine and Fish are free agents at the moment as well, might explain why they lost too.

Anyway on more positive news, this show is getting strong reviews. I'll be checking it out when I can.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

I guess it's a good moment to see Daniels win the world title for the first time in his long career, but I've been so vor d by a lot of his years in ROH and I already had to watch him and Kaz put the tag division in a boring induced coma. It's only going to mean so much in the aftermath. Don't mean to rain on a feel good moment, that's just what feels expected.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Shit Into The Fire

Status
      Country                    England

Yeah this was a really good show by ROH:

- Jay White Vs Kenny King was a decent opener, White did a kokeshi in tribute to Honma which was a nice touch. Seems like White is someone they're building up, maybe for a future TV title match which I would have no problem with at all. Caprice and Kenny's gimmick seems a little dorky.

- the TV #1 contenders match was a decent multi person match. I think going with Kaz was the right call because it could trick people into thinking maybe the babyface Lio Rush would win the title later on, and that ROH are pushing the new Bullet Club member. Sabin/Scurll would of been pretty dope though.

- Lethal Vs Bobby Fish was pretty decent for a Lethal match, Fish was impressive and they worked a hard fought match where Lethal teased a knee injury but managed to work through to find the Lethal Injection. A match that was better than it's spot on the card lets say because this didn't see that hyped up at all.

- Scurll Vs Rush was great, my MOTN, and if you're someone that's a little meh over 2017 ROH I'd still recommend you look up this match between two guys with a good reputation on the indies. Scurll looked like great champion with villainous tricks up his sleeve to keep the TV title , while Rush brought the energy, high flying and spirited comebacks where necessary. The finish was great with Scurll elbowing Rush like crazy, ripping off his shoulder tape and then locking in the CHICKENWING. Scurll's TV title run has to be the best part of ROH so far this year.

- Warmachine and Davey Boy Smith Jr Vs Briscoes and Bully Ray was really bizarre, but still entertaining. I suppose with ROH having trios championships it doesn't hurt to make new teams up and any fresh material and direction for the Briscoes is welcome. Interesting angle with Warmachine and Smith but I'm not sure if we'll ever see anything go down between them.

- The Las Vegas Street Fight to me was way too brutal for a match that was thrown together last week. Two different thumbtack spot moments? seriously? Rocky's thumbtack sleeve was pretty good I'll grant you that but it felt way too hardcore for a match that had no hate in it. I can see a lot of people loving this and having it as their match of the night, as long as you're down with the stipulation and lack of story then you'll love it too. RPG Vice and Bucks worked hard, but I felt like the Hardys were coasting through this one and doing a lazy tribute to their attitude era days with Jeff jumping off ladders. Interested to see a straight Hardys/Bucks tag match down the line.

- Daniels/Cole told a very good story even though they kind of hit you over the head so many times with promos all night that it was now or never for Daniels. Match was pretty damn good, it was hard not to get behind Daniels for this one. The only issue I had was that Cole messed up the kick to Daniels onto the ring post which was the big blood spot because Daniels bladed straight afterwards. It looked like Cole missed it by a big margin, commentary was going nuts over what a great kick it was then they show a replay where Cole barely grazes the top of Daniels' head who goes flying into the ring post and commentary instantly shut up about it. I'm not sure if this is the story they'll tell, but Kaz duping Adam Cole into making him think he was Bullet Club 4 life only to screw him out of the ROH title in favour of his best friend could be an angle they use for Kenny Omega to say 'too many mistakes' and kick him out of the Bullet Club, because they're already teasing Omega/Cole beef over in New Japan. Felt like the best angle they've done with Bullet Club in ROH.

With no CMLL or New Japan natives to prop up this card, I thought it was a really entertaining night from ROH's core roster. Also commentary for the most part was really good and a step up from the Kelly and Corino days. Colt was hyping his social media game a little too much but on the positive side of things he was giving good insights and always had some ROH history tidbits up his sleeve.

The Idiot FKA: CK

Status
      Country                    United States

Just finished watching the show. It was okay. The matches were decent, nothing was too awful.

Only in Spoilers, I don't want to ruin anything.

Spoiler:

Jay White's hair really bugs me. King is still one of the best athlete's, maybe not the best wrestler, but so physically gifted.

The six man mayhem match was entertaining enough. My daughter's thought there was no way a guy named Cheeseburger could lose.

The only things I remember from the six man title match was Castle's entrance and O'Ryan basically breaking his leg. Which is sad, because I love Dalton Castle.

Marty Scurll does nothing for me. I've seen him in PWG and now ROH, but he's just not my cup of tea. I wanted to like him after reading so many good things about him. I'll keep watching.

The other six man...Briscoes/Ray and War Machine/Smith...was okay. I love the Briscoes and War Machine for the size they are, do some pretty great things. I don't know how long Archer is out of action, but KES vs War Machine could be a big hoss fight.

I like that the Hardy's have the tag belts...Beretta gets his ass kicked about 4 times in this match. I like that a team is out "Bucking" the Bucks...I do love the Young Bucks...I freely admit, but seeing them on the other side of the abuse they normally dish out is great.

Fish/Lethal seemed super forced to me. Nothing seemed to mesh well. I know they played it off that they're both equally matched, but I just don't think they had a good match together. I expected more from both of them.

Even knowing Daniels wins going into the match...I still loved the story they told. Usually, you see the passing of the torch from vet to the up and comer, but this was about the vet still having enough to beat the young superstar on the big stage. I was happy with Daniels winning the title. I know he won't be champ for long, because he should only be a transitional champion at this point in his career. Who is next? Who is the new "guy" in ROH? Briscoe and Lethal have been done. Sabin would be another career achievement deal. Omega isn't there enough. Scurll hasn't been there long enough. I have no clue.

Other observations: Punishment Martinez shouldn't be able to do what he does at that size. I've only seen a couple of his matches, but damn.

Hopefully, Cole goes to WWE, because they can do nothing with him now.

Thread Information