Thread: WWE NXT Discussion: March 1st, 2017

Pony Mod

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Australia

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion: March 1st, 2017

WWE NXT preview, March 1, 2017: Two huge title matches as road to TakeOver: Orlando heats up
    Two huge championship matches headline tonight’s edition of NXT, as Asuka puts her NXT Women’s Championship on the line against No. 1 contender Peyton Royce, and NXT Tag Team Champions The Authors of Pain defend against #DIY in a rematch from TakeOver: San Antonio.

NXT Women's Champion Asuka vs. Peyton Royce
    The latest challenge to Asuka’s record-breaking reign as NXT Women’s Champion comes tonight, when The Empress of Tomorrow defends her title against Peyton Royce.

In reent weeks, Royce and her cohort, Billie Kay, have been out to prove that they run NXT’s competitive Women’s division. Though they weren’t successful in capturing the title at TakeOver: San Antonio, that hasn’t stopped either Royce or Kay from asserting their dominance by any means necessary.

Royce won the right to challenge Asuka last week, defeating Liv Morgan and Ember Moon, thanks to timely interference from her close friend. Could The Femme Fatale play a major role in this championship showdown? Can Royce bring an end to Asuka’s reign, or will The Empress of Tomorrow ensure her legend grows?

NXT Tag Team Champions The Authors of Pain vs. #DIY
    Johnny Gargano & Tommaso Ciampa have been clamoring for their NXT Tag Team Championship rematch since falling to The Authors of Pain at TakeOver: San Antonio. They’ll get their opportunity tonight on NXT.

Akam & Rezar have steamrolled over the competition since their arrival in NXT last year, and they were incredibly impressive in their win over #DIY in Texas last month. Paul Ellering warned the challengers to make peace with their loved ones before this showdown. Gargano & Ciampa seemed to take that warning lightly, but there’s no doubt the joking will end when the NXT Tag Team Titles are on the line.

The Patrick Clark Experience comes to NXT
    If you can just get your mind together, then come on across to NXT tonight, because The Patrick Clark Experience has arrived.

The “Velveteen Dream” will be in action tonight, and there’s no telling what this eccentric Superstar has in store for his opponent or the NXT Universe. Don’t miss Patrick Clark in action, tonight at 8/7 C on WWE Network!

SURF DUDES WITH ATTITUDES
    Hangin' ten and highin' five

Spoiler:

Olympic Hero Smod

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE NXT Discussion: March 1st, 2017

Pumped for Patrick Clark!

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

Patrick Clark is gonna RULE.

oh and so will DIY/AOP
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.
    Spoiler:

Ghost In The Shell

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Damn they are debuting Clark for NXT right off the bat. So Hendrix/Prince character Doves are crying as speak as this idea. Hopefully it works out for him.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    England

I love what they are doing with Patrick Clarke! Instant fan.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here: I think The Revival/AOP/DIY should main event Orlando. This has been a really well booked program. You could say a lot of this has brewed since the summer and it's all been good. I thought AOP/DIY got fun, Johnny's hot tag was good, and I think the finish made sense. Revival great as always. I love how they reacted after hitting the Shatter Machine on Akam. Also Paul Ellering has gotten really great lately too. So so so good. This is far more superior to possibly another Roode/Nakamura at this point.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.
    Spoiler:

Status

This weeks episode was solid.

I'm not really sold on Patricks gimmick, but it could be cool I guess. A cross between Kendrick and Cj Parker. His debut was fine enough. The lack of excitement when Malta came out was laughable.

The women's match was great. Royce is pretty damn solid, and I'm glad Kay didn't interfere till the end.

The tag situation is being booked perfectly. AOP continue to look super tough, DIY look like the underdogs still reeling from their loss, and Revival are shaping up to be the hot headed tweener renegades. The takeover match is gonna be killer.

POWERFUL
    RANGERS
    Zero/Silk/Shake
    BlackTiger/HoHo/
    Rogue

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Not seeing the CJ Parker/Kendrick stuff, also why would you expect excitement over an enhancement guy in Maluta? Sometimes you baffle me

Agreed about the tag scene though, and with what others have said. It will be killer.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status

He also aesthetically reminds me of Rico lol. Normally job guys on NXT seem to go over the top with excitement. He was pushing Carlito levels of not caring, and I was amused by it.

POWERFUL
    RANGERS
    Zero/Silk/Shake
    BlackTiger/HoHo/
    Rogue

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

- The Velveteen Dream, Patrick Clark! Dude’s got some potential. Fair mix of flamboyant Princeness and brutality. Somehting about a guy acting like a dainty flower petal then kicking the shit out of someone is such a good juxtaposition that I’m pretty sure I’ll always pop for it. Bit of polishing is needed, clearly, but I can see the guy’s dedicated enough to improve where need be.

Lol at Sean Mulata seeing his own name on the screen and somehow losing enthusiasm.

- Women’s Title match was pretty sweet. Peyton’s great, and managing to go toe-to-toe with Asuka without Billie Kay’s help speaks volumes. No real surprise that Asuka retained, gotta save the moment for Takeover yo. Guess this is where Ember/Asuka begins, with Ember saving Asuka from the two deadliest women on the roster, and Asuka repays this by getting’ all up in her grill and such. What an overconfident toxic rainbow death kicker.

- Excellent tag title match even with the DQ ending. I popped hard for that Shatter Machine on Akam. So did The Revival too, by the looks of it. Oh man am I excited for the triple-threat tag this may be going towards. I’m seconding the petition that it should main event too.

SURF DUDES WITH ATTITUDES
    Hangin' ten and highin' five

Spoiler:

Thread Information