Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bright (2017) - Will Smith

Status
      Country                    United States

Bright (2017) - Will Smith

During the Oscars, Netflix debuted the first trailer for Bright which you can now watch below!

Bright is Suicide Squad director David Ayer’s next project and will be coming to Netflix in December. The film reteams Ayer with Suicide Squad star Will Smith and is also headlined by Joel Edgerton (The Gift, Exodus: Gods and Kings) and Noomi Rapace (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Prometheus).

Set in an alternate present-day where humans, orcs, elves and fairies have been coexisting since the beginning of time, this action-thriller directed by David Ayer (Suicide Squad, End of Watch, writer of Training Day) follows two cops from very different backgrounds. Ward, a human (Will Smith), and Jakoby, an orc (Joel Edgerton), embark on a routine night patrol that will alter the future of their world as they know it. Battling both their own personal differences as well as an onslaught of enemies, they must work together to protect a young female elf and a thought-to-be-forgotten relic, which in the wrong hands could destroy everything.

The Netflix original film stars Will Smith, Joel Edgerton, Noomi Rapace, Lucy Fry, Edgar Ramirez, Ike Barinholtz, Enrique Murciano, Jay Hernandez, Andrea Navedo, Veronica Ngo, Alex Meraz, Margaret Cho, Brad William Henke, Dawn Olivieri, and Kenneth Choi. The film is directed by David Ayer and written by Max Landis. David Ayer, Eric Newman, and Bryan Unkeless serve as producers.
    Teaser Trailer:

Pretty cool premise, but David Ayer being attached might scare some people off. Or the fact that Will Smith is involved which hasn't exactly been a plus as of late.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Bright (2017) - Will Smith

Still a huge Will Smith fan though bit weary on David Ayer. Still its a fantasy film so I can't say no. Day one watch for me.

Shuyaku

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Okay I was watching the Trailer and saying give me something to want to watch and I got in the last 15 seconds. I'll see the film when it drops in December, huge fan of Will Smith and to me one of best roles of late was in Concussion.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status

This looks like a tremendous crock of shit

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    FUCK THE NAZIS. Fuck them, the alt-right, and those white supremacy Confederate-flag wanking babies who are so angry because life's not fair and brown-skinned human beings want to sit at the table. Fuck these Tiki-torch, polo-wearing hatemongers for believing that they're any better than anybody else. And a double dose of "Fuck you" to ANYONE who buys into this garbage of a centralized "white culture" because such a thing DOES NOT EXIST NOR EVER HAS. And while anybody who punches one of these lowlifes should be punished as the law dictates, I sure as hell am not going to feel sorry for these fuckers if their lives become a series of perpetual punches. When you spew hate, what the fuck do you expect?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    This looks like a tremendous crock of shit
    It's pretty bad when I'm upset about the 30 seconds of my life I wasted watching that trailer.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    It's pretty bad when I'm upset about the 30 seconds of my life I wasted watching that trailer.
    It's looks obscenely bad. Will still top Netflix streams for half a year after its release.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Legend View Post
    Still a huge Will Smith fan though bit weary on David Ayer. Still its a fantasy film so I can't say no. Day one watch for me.
    The irony here is David Ayer has only made one truly bad film and it's the one starring Will Smith. Smith has made over a dozen terrible movies and David Ayer was only involved in one
    Last edited by Jiggy; 02-27-2017 at 04:45 PM.

FUCK THE NAZIS. Fuck them, the alt-right, and those white supremacy Confederate-flag wanking babies who are so angry because life's not fair and brown-skinned human beings want to sit at the table. Fuck these Tiki-torch, polo-wearing hatemongers for believing that they're any better than anybody else. And a double dose of "Fuck you" to ANYONE who buys into this garbage of a centralized "white culture" because such a thing DOES NOT EXIST NOR EVER HAS. And while anybody who punches one of these lowlifes should be punished as the law dictates, I sure as hell am not going to feel sorry for these fuckers if their lives become a series of perpetual punches. When you spew hate, what the fuck do you expect?

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

It's looks obscenely bad. Will still top Netflix streams for half a year after its release.

The irony here is David Ayer has only made one truly bad film and it's the one starring Will Smith. Smith has made over a dozen terrible movies and David Ayer was only involved in one
    Partial to Will Smith and have avoided his terrible movies

Status
      Country                    United States

Partial to Will Smith and have avoided his terrible movies
    I honestly even like Will Smith terrible movies haha.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

You'd have to really be Anti-Fun to hate Will Smith in anything tbh. You can hate the movie but you can't hate the Will.

Sweet Meat

Status

You'd have to really be Anti-Fun to hate Will Smith in anything tbh. You can hate the movie but you can't hate the Will.
    yeah suicide squad sucks but will smith is the highlight

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status

I like Will Smith but I'd like to point out exhibit A: After Earth, and exhibit C: Concussion.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

I like Will Smith but I'd like to point out exhibit A: After Earth, and exhibit C: Concussion.
    Still better than any Final Fantasy game

Status

Still better than any Final Fantasy game
    Jon's account got hacked by In Progress. Only feasible explanation for this piss poor troll job

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Specifically FFVIII

Status

Specifically FFVIII

I know you don't mean these words. It doesn't make them hurt any less.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

All I'm saying is that FFVIII looks better if this is the cover

Status

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

To try and bring this back to Will Smith, I thought he was decent enough in Concussion but certainly not worthy of an Oscar nom. The fact that he (or his wife, or both of them) went out and whined about not getting the nomination really soured me on the guy and I have a hard time taking him seriously since.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!

Shuyaku

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

This Trailer in my opinion blows away the first one in my opinion. I thought it was going to be straight Comedy, and boom you get hit with that good shit and blow was it interesting. I'm down for this!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

One Batch, Two Batch

Status

Okay, I'll admit it, that trailer has me interested. I thought this sounded and looked kinda stupid before, but now it might turn out to be a half decent, fun to watch flick.

Thread Information