Country                    England

Re: Bright (2017) - Will Smith

As long as he is not directing or writing it ill give it a shot
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status
      Country                    United States

I have a mixed reaction to the trailer, some of it looks cool. And some just looks very corny to me. I have a feeling this movie will get panned, but I'll like it on some level.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Oh yeah, this is gonna get dragged hard by some critics Nec... but I reckon it'll be a fun film for a certain segment of the movie buying public.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny RaiZ View Post
    Oh yeah, this is gonna get dragged hard by some critics Nec... but I reckon it'll be a fun film for a certain segment of the movie buying public.
    Thank goodness they don't have to buy it provided they've already got Netflix.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Thank goodness they don't have to buy it provided they've already got Netflix.
    If it's good enough then buying the blu-ray/DVD will be worthwhile if there's half decent extra's.

Status

Will Smith at this point has done how many in the future type movies?

Men in Black movies
    I,Robot
    I am Legend
    After Earth

And now this. Seven that I count, unless I'm missing something.

Maybe I'm looking too much into it haha.

Status

Just saw this, was tough to make it all the way through. Clocking in at almost 2 hours this movie really is all over the place. It struggles with what it exactly wants to be. It feels like someone watched Training Day, and then said hey lets make this movie but include orcs, an fairies. The fact that it's such a long movie, and really doesn't explain much about the world they are in says a lot. And of course during very dramatic scenes Will Smith has to get in a funny line out of no where. I get that in action movies that happens, but holy shit the amount of cliches they hit in this one is pretty damn amazing.

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah it was a long film, but I thought even with the jokes Big Willie got in during the film it was warranted and it didn't make me go sighs come on man let's get serious. I loved this film and it could be in my top 10 for 2017, it's a scary world Ward and Jakoby live in being Cops and their are some deep things going on during this film that makes it more than just a buddy Cop film to me. I hope theirs a sequel in the works in the future because Edgerton and Smith's chemistry together was so great and you go around parts of the world not just in the area the main plot takes place.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    The fact that it's such a long movie, and really doesn't explain much about the world they are in says a lot.
    I may be overthinking it but I actually feel like that might have been done on purpose. It's very clearly an allegory for racism in modern society, much of which is based in stereotypes and biases that were established centuries ago and have never been let go of; Rodriguez even says that Mexicans are still getting shit for the Alamo when Jakoby comments about the racism orcs face on a day to day basis because of a war that was hundreds (perhaps even thousands) of years ago.

I had a lot of fun watching this and was more than happy for them to not get too deep into the history of this world because it would've taken me out of it if they spent forever establishing why this world in like ours but not. The film put forward a premise and I either had to accept it and move on or get tied up in it and ruin my own enjoyment of the movie, I decided to enjoy myself rather than not.

Yes, Will Smith is Will Smith in this... but I expected nothing else. This isn't Seven Pounds or The Pursuit of Happyness, it's not even I Am Legend. This is Bad Boys. It's Independence Day. It's Men In Black. It's a big fun movie where you want to see Will Smith be Will Smith and nothing more. I was really happy with what I got and when it was over I wanted more. I actually felt like it would've worked really well as a TV series, because it could fill in that backstory that so many people are complaining about not getting, as things went along. My mum actually thought this was the feature length pilot episode of a new TV show and was disappointed to find out there was no more coming next week.

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    I may be overthinking it but I actually feel like that might have been done on purpose. It's very clearly an allegory for racism in modern society, much of which is based in stereotypes and biases that were established centuries ago and have never been let go of; Rodriguez even says that Mexicans are still getting shit for the Alamo when Jakoby comments about the racism orcs face on a day to day basis because of a war that was hundreds (perhaps even thousands) of years ago.

I had a lot of fun watching this and was more than happy for them to not get too deep into the history of this world because it would've taken me out of it if they spent forever establishing why this world in like ours but not. The film put forward a premise and I either had to accept it and move on or get tied up in it and ruin my own enjoyment of the movie, I decided to enjoy myself rather than not.

Yes, Will Smith is Will Smith in this... but I expected nothing else. This isn't Seven Pounds or The Pursuit of Happyness, it's not even I Am Legend. This is Bad Boys. It's Independence Day. It's Men In Black. It's a big fun movie where you want to see Will Smith be Will Smith and nothing more. I was really happy with what I got and when it was over I wanted more. I actually felt like it would've worked really well as a TV series, because it could fill in that backstory that so many people are complaining about not getting, as things went along. My mum actually thought this was the feature length pilot episode of a new TV show and was disappointed to find out there was no more coming next week.
    Yeah I would of loved to have this as a show could be some amazing stuff to watch on a weekly basis. Granted I'm on my cooky type of watching like the show Happy on Sci-Fi, but my level of enjoyment was met from what I saw in the trailer during the watching of this film. One of my favorite scenes

Spoiler:

I liked how Ward and Jakoby went through all that shit during the film and they are hurting all over their bodies in the Hospital I guess and the Magic Feds are wanting answers and Jakoby is spilling the beans. Ward is telling him to shut the fuck up and Ward tells the version they want to hear and Jakoby is like oh yeah I know what's going on here let me shut up

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Was stoked for this movie when I first heard about it. Watched it last night. Truly enjoyed it. Thought it was awesome.

Status

This movie was impressive in that, with only 6 days left on the calender, won the last minute spot for "Worst movie of 2017." Honestly think it makes Justice League look like The Godfather.

Ole!

Status

Was a huge load of bollocks, didn't like it at all

Thread Information