Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Mental Health Discussion

Comeback King

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Mental Health Discussion

Went back yesterday too early and paid for it with a breakdown in a big meeting this morning. Off for the week and not going back until I feel right. Starting anti depressants for the first time tomorrow which has me scared but I have to try something as everything else seems to be failing.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Went back yesterday too early and paid for it with a breakdown in a big meeting this morning. Off for the week and not going back until I feel right. Starting anti depressants for the first time tomorrow which has me scared but I have to try something as everything else seems to be failing.
    One step at a time dude. SSRI's take 6 weeks to work as a rule too, that's if you are fortunate enough to find what works for you straight away too.

Take your time with all this, and try not to set yourself up to fail. If you don't feel ready, don't push yourself too hard.

If you are willing to look at self help stuff there's loads about too.

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Sorry to hear that. My missus was really apprehensive about going on anti depressants and I totally understand why. But honestly it's the best thing that could have happened to her and she's a lot happier now, so fingers crossed for you.

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

The 100 Greatest WCW Matches - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1986 - 1995) - Coming Soon

The 100 Greatest WWE Matches (1996 - 2005) - Completed

Comeback King

Status

Yeah I'm aware they take a while to work and may not be effective but need to give them a go. I avoided it two years ago but what worked for me then isn't. I've tried things like Headspace but it just doesn't work for me. Exercise is obviously difficult atm as well.

I'm sure lockdown is making me feel like life is just endless work too.

Status

Anti depresents are solid at minimizing depressive symptoms, but they won't cure depression. It's like putting a piece of paper over a bright light. It may block the light out for a bit, but the unless you flip the switch the light won't go off. The best way to cure depression is to meet with a therapist who can work you through it and get to the cause...to help you find that light switch.

I only say this because I know way too many people who just take the pills and supress the symptoms. One of the biggest reasons we have such a mental health crisis. Big Pharma only cares about you taking the pills, but not if you get better.

Depression though is absolutely normal. It's a long time defensive reaction from the body and the brain. Similar to how when we get sick, the body has a fever or you vomit to get the illness out. When something is going wrong in your life, the body has this reaction to tell you what's wrong. Ignoring it and suppressing it won't change what's wrong, and it'll only end up building up like a volcano. Find the source of your depression, and change it. I know it's easier said than done though.

Hope y'all feel better soon.

Comeback King

Status

Oh yeah I'm well aware it isn't a fix on its own. I fully plan on seeing a therapist but I have to wait for two months to even start that so for now it is the best option to try and get me through until then.

Status
      Country                    United States

Two friends died this past week, and I can’t tell if I’m getting numb to people dying, or if it just doesn’t feel real because of isolating due to covid. I haven’t hung out with practically any friends or acquaintances since December of 2019. Once 2020 hit and things went bad, I’ve just been in a constant state of isolation.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread Information