Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: Mental Health Discussion

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Re: Mental Health Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Cornette View Post
    I haven't been here for a while but felt it might have been time.

Yesterday morning I was awoken with the news that my aunt lost her battle with cancer during the night, passing peacefully in her sleep.

I'm fairly heartbroken at the moment, and just not in a good place mentally. It hurts to have lost her, but even worse is the feeling of emotional detachment from my own personal depression during COVID season in which I've lost my job, moved into a new place, have lost friends over political crap, and last week attended my (different, I have like 8) aunt's brother-in-law's funeral. I've had at least four different mental breakdowns at work in the last month due to working nearly everyday around people who either don't care for others' health, barely understand common sense, or annoy the fuck out of me.

In a nutshell, I hate 2020 and it has made me feel worse about myself the longer it has gone on.
    Not gonna lie I feel like we're collectively condemning 2020 as a year, but I also feel like we say this every year. Granted the pandemic is definitely a new one, but we can't just label 2020 as the reason our lives are shitty.

This pandemic isn't gonna end on December 31st. It's gonna go at least halfway into 2021.

The only thing we can really do is reframe. Look at the positives. The pandemic and the election have obviously put loads of stress on the entire nation. I'm hoping for a Democratic win simply because politics will be far less dramatic and stressful I feel like when leaders aren't intentionally making it so. The pandemic is going to be a little more to deal with for a bit, but that'll pass too.

I am sorry about the loss of your aunt. It probably seems like everything just piles on and becomes overwhelming. Like someone keeps adding weight. But I assure you one day the weight is going to get lifted. It's all about pushing through right now, at least I feel like.

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Sorry for your loss Grim, sending positive vibes to you.

My two eldest have been told to self-isolate until 15th October after someone on their school bus tested positive for Covid on 1st October. So we've only found out today, so yeah it's day 6 already so hopefully they'll stay in the clear and we won't have to self-isolate as a whole house.

You just know this is going to play havoc with my mind until I know we're all clear :/
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Curtain Jerker

Status

Have you ever felt like everything that you loved stops being fun and exciting? That you're so sick and tired of it that you want nothing to do with it anymore? That you simply think of it as dead and move on from it? Cause that's what im feeling right now with pretty much everything i love.

Fighting games becoming homogenised and dumbed down in a vain, misguided effort for accessibility, anime too preoccupied with catering to power-level and boom-boom-pow-pow obsessed kids and teenagers, pervs and pedophiles, people becoming insufferable, annoying jerks with egos the size of planets, people being way too horny on the internet, pro wrestling becoming a glorified stunt show with rethreads, bland characters, downright stupid gimmicks and match types and gymnasts full of themselves obsessed with looking good instead of putting on compelling stories and matches, heavy metal, movies and video games having no new ideas, racing and cars becoming irrelevant and boring, and don't get me even started with professional sports! The more i watch it, the more i'm disgusted with it and think that the billions of dollars injected in it should be given to teachers, scientists and doctors instead of socially useless douchebags that kick balls around. And i tried writing a fanfic once, even getting to 33 chapters, and it was all awful! My writing is awful, My drawings are awful, i can't play sports for more than 10 minutes without being totally gassed and i...i'm a failure!

I've essentially become a real life squidward and MJF. I just want to say fuck you to the entire world and laugh at how rotten and hopeless it all is.

Turns out the only thing that makes me satisfied is watching dumb bullshit where people gets hurt or beat each other to death (baki, kengan ashura, jackass, MMA) or the fucking joy of painting...hell, sometimes, the only thing i watch are fucking 10 hour videos of nature sounds! That's how bad it is!

I don't know what to do anymore. I hate life.

It's Spooooky Time

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikuniverse View Post
    Have you ever felt like everything that you loved stops being fun and exciting? That you're so sick and tired of it that you want nothing to do with it anymore? That you simply think of it as dead and move on from it? Cause that's what im feeling right now with pretty much everything i love.

Fighting games becoming homogenised and dumbed down in a vain, misguided effort for accessibility, anime too preoccupied with catering to power-level and boom-boom-pow-pow obsessed kids and teenagers, pervs and pedophiles, people becoming insufferable, annoying jerks with egos the size of planets, people being way too horny on the internet, pro wrestling becoming a glorified stunt show with rethreads, bland characters, downright stupid gimmicks and match types and gymnasts full of themselves obsessed with looking good instead of putting on compelling stories and matches, heavy metal, movies and video games having no new ideas, racing and cars becoming irrelevant and boring, and don't get me even started with professional sports! The more i watch it, the more i'm disgusted with it and think that the billions of dollars injected in it should be given to teachers, scientists and doctors instead of socially useless douchebags that kick balls around. And i tried writing a fanfic once, even getting to 33 chapters, and it was all awful! My writing is awful, My drawings are awful, i can't play sports for more than 10 minutes without being totally gassed and i...i'm a failure!

I've essentially become a real life squidward and MJF. I just want to say fuck you to the entire world and laugh at how rotten and hopeless it all is.

Turns out the only thing that makes me satisfied is watching dumb bullshit where people gets hurt or beat each other to death (baki, kengan ashura, jackass, MMA) or the fucking joy of painting...hell, sometimes, the only thing i watch are fucking 10 hour videos of nature sounds! That's how bad it is!

I think South Park did an angle like this with Stan in Season 15. It's called "You're Getting Old" and it's about Stan realizing everything is shit. Like he goes to the movies and watches the commercials and they're all shit. It got some really great reviews at the time for it's themes and metaphors.

Waiting For Bookings

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikuniverse View Post

I'll say this.... what you are feeling isn't by any means "normal", but it happens to normal people all the time. Don't feel like you are alone.

If this happened to you in your 30s or 40s, they call is a "mid-life" crisis. If you are a kid your parents say you are "in a funk". However people describe it... its very real and can really suck the color out of life.

A few things I'd reccomend to help-

1) setting up an appointment to talk to a counseler or shrink about how you are feeling. They are trained to help you work through this. You may need some medication to help you along. Whatever they do, they have years of training and techniques to help you through this

2) Exercise- I know you mentioned getting gassed playing sports, but try jogging or riding a bike. Maybe weights or body weight exercises.... Anything to help you work through some of that negative energy. Sports are great, but results based. Losing can have the opposite effect on what you are looking for. Find something that can help you calmn down.

3) Helping people- I hesitate to say this one, but it helps me. Volunteer, reach out and elp a friend struggling, open the door for a stranger, give a beggar a dollar..... Spreading love has a positive effect and even a little one can help chip away ta whats bothering you.

4) Stay busy Sitting around the house grousing is only going to sink you further down in your funk. Find a way to get active and get your mind occupied

I hate to diagnose anyone, but it sounds like you are depressed. That is not something uncommon and can be treated. Just know, you aren't alone in it and you have a support group here that wants to hear you when you struggle. We aren't much, but its better than sitting there tearing yourself apart.

I'm wishing you the best and hope this passes soon. Reach out if you need anything

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Love seeing so many people reaching out and others in here offering advice, this is what makes peoples lives a bit easier, people offering support and advice to show they are not alone in times of need. I appreciate every singles one of you that has contributed to this thread so far. I hope you all continue to do so and I hope everyone that is struggling at the moment feels better soon...and that includes me.

I have been struggling the last few days but it's to be expected with a family bereavement and being told another family member is potentially "shutting down" due to dementia (She is 97 now so it's been coming tbh) however it's so much to contend with, especially when people are already grieving, adding another one to the mix isn't going to be good. Fingers crossed it's just doctors being over-cautious but time will tell.
    I have a plan so cunning......

#ShadeWinsLOL

Zoom E | Szumi | Old Man

Status
      Country                    Poland

Hope things are going okay, Baldrick. I know what you mean about your family member with dementia. I watch both my grandparents go through that, especially my mother's mom, as she lived with her for over a decade, and I was either there for the first two years or living nearby for the final 4ish. It's always so difficult to watch them slowly lose themselves. I know you're supposed to try and remember the good times and take happiness when they're no longer suffering, but it's never that easy. PM is open for you if you need it

WCW 99: The Fingerpoke of Doom
    Now Playing in BTB Section!

Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread Information