Thread: Star Wars: Legacy

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Star Wars: Legacy

Star Wars: Legacy is an upcoming television tri-series that will be available worldwide and be made by the Walt Disney Company. The series be be comprised of three different timelines; The Old Republic, Rise of the Empire & The New Jedi Order. The intention of the tri-series is for a season from each time period to be released each year, although the number of seasons commissioned by era is dependent upon creative control. For fans of the science fiction genre, the project has drawn comparison to Roland Emmerich's Stargate Universe. What has been confirmed is that the opportunity of retelling the entirety of the Star Wars' story will mean that characters previously used in the Star Wars may experience major changes in both their character set-up and their story. Head Writer G.S. Millar made it clear that the Star Wars Universe coming to television screens gives the franchise to achieve the same heights that have been achieved by the likes of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Dan Maskell's Gotham City Stories. The first season of the tri-series will come from the The Old Republic era, with casting announcements expected to be revealed promptly.

|| The Old Republic (Episode Guide) ||
    N/A

|| Rise of the Empire (Episode Guide) ||
    N/A

|| The New Jedi Order (Episode Guide) ||
    N/A

|| Star Wars Legacy (Cast) ||
    Saben "The Revanchist" Cthulhu - Peter Mensah (The Old Republic)
    Belth Allusis - Sir Ian McKellen (The Old Republic)
    Jedi Crusader #1 - Andy Biersack (The Old Republic)
    Jedi Crusader #2 - Ashley Purdy (The Old Republic)
    Jedi Crusader #3 - Jeremy "Jinxx" Ferguson (The Old Republic)
    Jedi Crusader #4 - Jake Pitts (The Old Republic)
    Jedi Crusader #5 - Christian "CC" Coma (The Old Republic)
    Ven Zallow - Matt Damon (The Old Republic)
    Aryn Leneer - Emeraude Toubia
    (The Old Republic)
    Malak - Colin Morgan (The Old Republic)
    Agent Theron Shan - Robert Buckley (The Old Republic)
    Supreme Chancellor Dorian Janarus - Stephen Dillane (The Old Republic)
    Overlord Fury - Kristofer Hivju (The Old Republic)
    Sith Emperor Lord Vitate - Jonathan Pryce (The Old Republic)
    Darth Nihilus - Lorenzo Richelmy (The Old Republic)

Last edited by Millar; 02-27-2017 at 09:32 AM.
    The BTB Section Only Improves If We All Improve Together.
    I am willing to review your work as much as I can and if you ask nicely I will even make graphics for you. Be The Booker 4 Life!

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Re: Star War: Legacy

:: CASTING ANNOUNCEMENT ::

Peter Mensah (known for his roles in Tears of the Sun, Hidalgo, 300 and the Spartacus series) has become the first cast member to revealed to be part of the Star Wars Legacy - The Old Republic (T.O.R.) Season One Cast as he will take on the role of Jedi Master Saben "The Revanchist" Cthulhu. Mensah was very frank when questioned why he had taken on the role, making it clear that he had been a massive fan of all of the Star Wars films although had very little knowledge in regards to the video-games and the large volume of books that had previously made up the Star Wars Universe prior to the Walt Disney Company buying the right to the franchise. However, Menah made it clear that he was effectively working with a blank canvass and therefore had no expectations or personal desires in regards to the character's eventual narrative, which in many ways was a blessing rather than a burden. Mensah ended by making it clear that he was slightly disappointed he would never get to cross lightsabers with Darth Vader.
    I am willing to review your work as much as I can and if you ask nicely I will even make graphics for you. Be The Booker 4 Life!

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Sir Ian McKellen has officially been revealed as the second member to join the Star Wars Legacy cast, with the acting legend taking on the role of Jedi Master Belth Allusis. An accomplished actor of the stage who has become a cult icon to a new generation with his role of Gandalf (Lord of the Ring/The Hobbit trilogies)and Magneto (X-Men) has resulted in this being a very popular casting. The involvement of Allusis has all but confirmed a change within the timeline of the Star Wars Universe, although at the moment this is nothing more than speculation. McKellen went on record in saying he very much looks forward to playing a character whose nickname is the 'Badass Grandpa'.

The Franchise.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

This looks fucking great! I can't wait to read this. Bit of a question though. Will previous events from the films be taken into context for the story or is this completely different?

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    This looks fucking great! I can't wait to read this. Bit of a question though. Will previous events from the films be taken into context for the story or is this completely different?
    Some major changes are going to take place.

Russo Knows Best!

Status

American rock band Black Veil Brides have been announced as joining the Old Republic Cast where they will all be taking on the roles of Jedi as part of 'Jedi Crusaders' group. The band's lead singer Andy Biersack stated that the costume department had contacted the group and although nothing had confirmed it would seem that all five men would be wearing elaborate costumes as they would be portraying some of the more unique species found in the Star Wars Universe. Biersack would also add that no talk as of yet had been heard in regards to the band providing any music for the series, although that they wouldn't have any problem with providing something if it came down to it.

Russo Knows Best!

Status

:: CASTING ANNOUNCEMENTS ::

Matt Damon joins the Old Republic cast to take on the role of Jedi Master Ven Zallow. The actor who is one of the highest grossing of all-time and also has an Oscar to his name. It is claimed that Damon's performance in The Martian and the Bourne Series were the most pivotal roles that led to the casting director wanting to bring Damon into the fold. Although Damon wasn't available to comment, it is rumoured that he has penned a deal for a minimum of two seasons., which might suggest the longevity of Damon's time in the Star Wars Universe.

Emmeraude Toubia has joined the Old Republic cast as the first actress and she will take on the role of young Jedi Knight Aryn Leneer (who will be Ven Zallow apprentice). Toubia who has played limited roles and mostly known for playing Isabelle in Shadows Hunters made it clear that she was absolutely delighted to be part of such a massive project and that she was particularly looking forward to getting to spend a lot of time on set with Matt Damon who she stated was one of her favourite actors of all time.

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Re: Star Wars: Legacy

Colin Morgan known predominately for his time British TV shows Merlin and Humans has been cast to play the role of Jedi Knight Malak in the upcoming Old Republic Series. Morgan made it clear that he was an avid fan of Star Wars and was fully aware of who Malak was or rather who he had been in the previous adaptation of the series, but none the less was looking forward to getting to play a character whom he described as 'challenged'.

Relatively unknown actor Robert Buckley had been picked to take on the role of Agent Theron Shan, in what writer G.S. Millar has gone on record in stating will play an instrumental part in strengthening the Star Wars Legacy universe where a lightsber is not present. This is a clear indication that the upcoming Old Republic series will not just focus on the goings on of the Jedi Order.

Stephen Dillane perhaps most famouly known for his role as Stannis Baratheon in the Game of Thrones Series revealed himself as the man that will be playing Supreme Chancellor Dorian Janarus. Dillane would make it clear that it was no secret that he had hated his time spent as a cast member for GoT and was very much looking forward to be part of a series where people would recognise him as Dorian Janarus instead of some fool-hardy idiot living in a stupid world of dragons and zombies.
    Last edited by Millar; 02-26-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Stannis 3:16 says I just subscribed to this thread.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Kristofer Hivju joins Stephen Dilliane as another GoT cast member to sign up as part of the Old Republic Series. Hivju has been cast to play a brand new character within the Star Wars Universe who will be known as Overlord Fury. Hivju made it clear that he was honoured to be involved in such a massive project and relished the opportunity get to take on a character that had previously been part of an extensive Star Wars universe.

Russo Knows Best!

Status

Esteemed actor Jonathan Pryce; an accomplished actor who has played major parts in both high budget films and popular TV shows had been revealed as the man that will be playing the role of Sith Emperor Lord Vitate. Pryce surprisingly informed interviewers that it was his role as villain Elliot Carver in the James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies that was the film that cast directors talked to him about the most.

Lorenzo Richelmy known for his role as Marco Polo in the Netflix series of the same title had found himself in the role of Darth Nihilus head of Lord Vitate Dark Council. Richelmy stated that he was shocked to be offered such a major role in what he described as a career changing moment not only for himself, but for Italy as a whole. The casting of Richelmy was also the last major cast announcement that 'The Old Republic' team would make before the first episode of the first season. The point would be made though that further announcements were likely to be made throughout the first season.

Last edited by Millar; 02-27-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Thread Information