Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE NXT Discussion: February 22nd, 2017

Pony Mod

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Australia

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion: February 22nd, 2017

WWE NXT preview: Triple Threat Match to see who will challenge NXT Women’s Champion Asuka
    NXT Women’s Champion Asuka will find out who her next challenger will be when Ember Moon, Liv Morgan and Peyton Royce battle in a Triple Threat No. 1 Contender’s Match. Plus, Mark Andrews and Pete Dunne face off in a rematch from the WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament Semifinals.

NXT Women’s Champion Asuka’s record-breaking title reign is well over 300 days and counting. The question is, who will be the next Superstar to step up to try and dethrone The Empress of Tomorrow?

That question will be answered on the next episode of NXT as Ember Moon, Liv Morgan and Peyton Royce clash in a Triple Threat Match to determine the No. 1 contender to the NXT Women’s Title. All three women have put forth strong showings over recent months and have each made a case for a title match. However, only one will walk away with the coveted opportunity after tonight’s much-anticipated showdown.

Find out who will become the No. 1 contender to the NXT Women’s Championship, tonight at 8/7 C, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.

Andrews and Dunne to battle in WWE United Kingdom Tournament rematch
    Last week, WWE United Kingdom Champion Tyler Bate successfully defended his title against his tag team partner and fellow WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament participant, Trent Seven. Tonight, two more tourney competitors will battle on NXT, as Mark Andrews faces Pete Dunne.

Dunne and Andrews are no strangers to one another, having met in the semifinals of the WWE U.K. Tournament. Dunne came out on top in their previous contest, but the high-flying Andrews is a seasoned veteran, with the speed and agility to get around Dunne’s ground-and-pound style.

Dunne has quickly gained a reputation within the WWE Universe as a ruthless rebel who doesn’t listen to authority. The mean Brit has already been warned by General Manager William Regal that his behavior in the WWE Network tournament – when he unleashed multiple post-match attacks against his opponents – will not fly in NXT. But will “The Bruiserweight” listen?

See how this must-see showdown between Mark Andrews and Pete Dunne unfolds, tonight at 8/7 C on WWE Network.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Re: WWE NXT Discussion: February 22nd, 2017

Liv Morgan's doing that thing Madison Rayne does; smiling without telling her eyes about it so she looks like either a horror villain or the victim of significant psychological trauma... or both. It's creepy as fuck.

Dunne vs. MAndrews has me hyped.

Twitter | Instagram | Tumblr

Spoiler:

In Loving Memory
    Daryl Takahashi
    "The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you have burned so very very brightly"

PLUS ULTRA!!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah I have nothing to do tonight so I'll be into a LD for NXT tonight if anyone feels froggy. Triple Threat title shot to face Asuka, hopefully Ember Moon pulls out a win.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Raiz being a creep again

Solid opener. Some neat spots. Obviously Liv needs more work, and Peyton is finding herself, but good stuff.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

PLUS ULTRA!!

Status

Yeah that contendership for the NXT Women's Title was a good one, even though it's blatantly obvious they are trying to keep Moon and Asuka away from each other. It makes me think we might never get that match-up. Now we have Roode kicking No Way Jose's ass because they can only be one Jose in this world and that's me.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

It'll happen Mania weekend I think hoho

Dunne/Andrews was excellent again.

Patrick Clark! I love this guy

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

PLUS ULTRA!!

Status

Yeah Dunne I fucking love his music and way he carries himself like a young William Regal. I'm Kassius Ohno and I ain't the motherfucker to mess with. Roode vs Ohno give ME THAT TONIGHT OR NEXT WEEK OR IN THE SHOWERS GIVE ME IT!

Real Women of Genius

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Ohno is here, finally. Good stuff, this episode ruled.

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

Ohno back and Mandrews versus Dunne was great.

Can't wait for Patrick Clark to come back too.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Olympic Hero Smod

Status
      Country                    England

Good episode this week.

Mandrews/Dunne was great and I love them both. I wonder if we'll get a UK Title defence at TakeOver? Maybe a Bate/Dunne rematch? Would love to see that.

No Way Jose is a superb babyface and Roode is doing well as champ even if I think he leaves a lot to be desired in the ring. I do want that gif of Jose dancing and it going through Roode and making his arm dance, mass rep shall be given.

Ohno back is cool, I hear he's the best indie wrestler of 2016 so he should be in TakeOver main events before we know it. Also love the theme music.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Can we kill that whole, "Alicia Fox has the best bridge" bullshit now that Peyton Royce clearly has a better one?

The booking of that match was weird. Moon was barely involved, as if that was going to protect her, but it got to the point that everytime she got in the ring I felt like she'd be gone again in a minute and she had no defence from simple dropkicks and shoves. She looked like shit by the end of it. Royce on the other hand looked like a million bucks, great showing for her.

Dunne/MAndrews was tremendous. I could watch Dunne wrestle for days and never get bored.

The best part of the Roode/Jose match was seeing Jose dancing to Roode's theme.

Makes me laugh that Ohno got dumped for not dropping a few pounds and he's got rehired in the worst shape I've ever seen him; legit looks like someone's beer swilling, lay-about dad.

Spoiler:

In Loving Memory
    Daryl Takahashi
    "The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you have burned so very very brightly"

BOW DOWN TO RECYCOCKS

Status
      Country                    Canada

Definitely going to check this out for Mandrews/Dunne alone.

[07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Makes me laugh that Ohno got dumped for not dropping a few pounds and he's got rehired in the worst shape I've ever seen him; legit looks like someone's beer swilling, lay-about dad.
    The company's standards have clearly changed considering they've got KO wearing one of their world championships right now. Though the irony is certainly palpable, it's just goes to show that WWE has thankfully gotten a lot more open-minded and decided that if you can put on a brilliant match, it doesn't matter what you look like.

Was surprised Peyton pulled out the win in the triple threat since I figured Ember and Asuka are on a collision course but my girl might just be a roadblock on the way to Takeover. Either way, happy for more Iconic Duo action.

Loved the two Brits for the second week in a row. Didn't get around to watching the tournament but I'm okay with stuff like that leaking into my NXT.

And Roode is still awesome.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread | Alexii Kavanagh
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

C_MI_G SO_N

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

He wasn't hired for being out of shape anyway, that's a weird myth that a lot of us on here bought into even though he was in the best shape of his career when he was let go.

Spoiler:

Shit Into The Fire

Status

If only he'd of lost a couple of pounds.

Status
      Country                    United States

Show was solid.

Royce winning was the right call. I could only see her winning against Asuka with interference from Kay, but Liv and Ember still need work.

I'm loving Pete Dunne. Great matchup with Mark. I hope Pete wrestles Tyler soon.

Robert Roode

POWERFUL
    RANGERS
    Zero/Silk/Shake
    BlackTiger/HoHo/
    Rogue

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    The company's standards have clearly changed considering they've got KO wearing one of their world championships right now. Though the irony is certainly palpable, it's just goes to show that WWE has thankfully gotten a lot more open-minded and decided that if you can put on a brilliant match, it doesn't matter what you look like.
    About damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Dook View Post
    He wasn't hired for being out of shape anyway, that's a weird myth that a lot of us on here bought into even though he was in the best shape of his career when he was let go.
    I remember arguing that it was stupid at the time and half a dozen different people telling me that WWE were in the right because they hired him as a certain body type and he was beginning to put on weight and not be that body type any more. I was utterly baffled.

If he wasn't fired for that, what was it? I heard their were attitude issues as well, but if that was the case surely he wouldn't be back already?

Whatever it was, it was stupid. They could've had him on the main roster and in main events by now and instead he's retreading the path he walked already (although, admittedly in a seemingly better spot this time around) for whatever reasons they've come up with to have him down in NXT for the next few months/years this time around. Fingers crossed he gets fast-tracked and doesn't need to jump through as many hoops to get a call up as he did previously.

Spoiler:

In Loving Memory
    Daryl Takahashi

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Womens triple threat match was fine. Expected Moon to go over given she's about the only one Asuka hasn't destroyed so far, but i'll give Peyton another shot haha.

Dunne/Mandrews delivered like it did in the UK Championship Tournament. I like that WWE is giving some of these guys more exposure in the US market as it'll only help them going forward. So now we've had Bate, Seven, Dunne & Mandrews appear in NXT, awesome stuff.

Two title matches next week, the show is going to be watched just for that.

Roode/Jose was a perfectly fine main event. I love the fact Roode played possum to get the win too haha. Jose probably looked as good as he ever has in this match so they still got a chance with him. Ohno turning up post match? OK I can live with that. Ohno vs Roode down the line? Even better.
    I have a plan so cunning......

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

The general perception is that Demott hurt his rep quite a bit, not liking how Ohno carried himself (wanting to help teach others at the PC, etc). Either way, glad he's where he should be.

Spoiler:

Shit Into The Fire

Status

Why would people want Hero on the main roster right now? Samoa Joe's had a killer debut and it seems unlikely he's going to be in an important match at Wrestlemania. Would rather have him as a highlight of the NXT Takeover show where he'll be able to have a great match than in the Andre The Giant Battle Royal or the 7 man ladder match.

His new music is dope, love that he's got another rap theme.

Dunne/Mandrews was great, might have enjoyed it as much as the UK tournament version in fact.

Thread Information