Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 82

Thread: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

  1. #21
    @_RaiZR
    RaiZ-R's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    20,397
    Rep Power
    29272

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    It bugged the fuck out of me when, as Dean flew through air, touching nothing, electrics exploded around him. Seriously, if you can't get the time exact then aim to be late on stuff like that, rather than early; easier to sell as something that happened as a reaction to him crashing through the table next to the equipment than it is to buy that his mere presence in the air near the shit makes it blow up.

    Corbin is really hitting his stride right now though. It's the perfect time for him to be heading into a big show in a program with a midcard title on the line for sure. If he doesn't walk out of Orlando with the IC strap I'll be shocked and disappointed.

    Not sure why Alpha had so much trouble with the Ascension after they beat them while they were half dead on Sunday.

    Bray was booked to looked nice and strong, which is weird and great to see; he took a beating from Harper, went through a table and still pinned Cena to retain. Good stuff.


  2. #22
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scaramanga's Funhouse
    Posts
    22,905
    Rep Power
    167752
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Canada

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    Am I the only one getting tired of the "YOU DESERVE IT" chants? Once is bad enough but multiple times on the same show is just outright painful.

    Quote Originally Posted by In Progress
    Where the hell was The Miz?
    Just between us, I called Shane before the show and told him to take Miz off of television for the night because I knew it would make you cry in your little panties.
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 02-15-2017 at 02:05 PM.


    Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five Television Shows of 2006~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis







  3. #23
    Awesomely Phenomenal
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    5,813
    Rep Power
    21370

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    Miz not even able to get on TV now is lame. But hey it's mine and Eels fault for being disappointed that our favourite wrestler wasn't on the show, to follow up on his jobbertastic 2017 so far. Not like anyone else ever complains about stuff...Amirite.

    But I mean seriously after his fantastic 2016 he's now basically the comedy jobber he was in 2011-2015 again. If he's lucky enough to get in TV he just loses to one move or gets laid out. They've really butchered his momentum, and he was noticeably less over than he has been recently at EC because he's just filling that jobber role again.

    If they are going ahead with the Cena feud for WM then they have their work cut out for them to make Miz credible enough in just six weeks, when he's done absolutely nothing in the last 6 weeks.


    Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif


  4. #24
    Olympic Hero Smod

    Order's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bedford, UK
    Posts
    10,903
    Rep Power
    109044
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    Decent episode as always when it comes to SmackDown. Main event was constructed really nicely with underlining Harper is determined to cost Bray down the line.

    Interesting but the right way to go with holding off on Orton turning on Bray just yet with another six episodes before Mania I believe.

    Battle Royal next week should be ace and they can tell a lot of stories throughout. Harper walks out the winner and we eventually get a Triple Threat for the WWE Title I reckon.

    Will be so happy for Luke if that does happen

  5. #25
    Intensity
    Integrity
    Intelligence
    PeepShow's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Bo$$ton
    Posts
    19,055
    Rep Power
    129530
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Am I the only one getting tired of the "YOU DESERVE IT" chants? Once is bad enough but multiple times on the same show is just outright painful.
    It's been dreadful for MONTHS now. Maybe years. Can't remember when it started though. Perhaps after Bryan won at WM 30? I think. And it was fine then. And even couple times after that because they were actually held back and finally won it. But holy shit is it dreadful now because they literally do it for EVERY title change. Doing it for Naomi? Lol, k. It's up there with WHAT chants now as the 1-2 worst chants the crowd does.

    It's funny too because the crowd chants it at Bray, he's smiling and laughing coming off as a face, then Cena comes out and gets all butthurt coming off as a heel basically saying the fans don't know what they're talking about and that Bray doesn't deserve it. Uhhhhh, pretty sure he just won the fucking elimination chamber, pinning you as well. And I'm also pretty sure John was gone for a couple months and was just randomly awarded a title shot at the Rumble because he's Cena. Totally deserved that one...

    He came off as such a goof in that segment.


    "It's ART. You don't need pants."
    -Chris Jericho

    -----------------



    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

    "I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

  6. #26
    Scumbag Role Model
    Darling Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
    Posts
    41,276
    Rep Power
    205737
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Peep
    It's up there with WHAT chants now as the 1-2 worst chants the crowd does.
    WE ARE AWESOME

    But yeah, the excessive amount of "YOU DESERVE IT" feels out of place. And the TEN count will never die.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus T View Post
    Nicky was right.
    Spoiler:


  7. #27
    Mid-Card Champion
    TWG's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    17026
      Country                    UK

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    It's going to get to a point where anyone who has been around for a few years and wins their first title gets the "YOU DESERVE IT!" chant. In the case of someone like Daniel Bryan it was acceptable but it's a bit of a stretch for Naomi.

    Waiting for Baron Corbin to get one when he beats Ambrose for the IC Title.


  8. #28
    Black Country Owner

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    DUDLEY, England
    Posts
    27,167
    Rep Power
    258644
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    Yep, big fat old 'THIS' reply for the you deserve it chants sucking. I mean Alexa got flustered as fuck with her Patriots lost promo on Talking Smack, but her original point about Naomi celebrating 1 night in 8 years of failure rings true, it's so stupid to chant you deserve it to Naomi essentially for just sticking out her career long enough to win a title. It promotes the idea that the title is a toy that everyone should get a fair turn in holding. Bryan made total kayfabe sense to be chanted at because he'd been screwed out of the title for about 6 months before he got to keep it, and it felt original and organic for the crowd to chant it at him. It's now just a knee-jerk reaction chant that crowds are doing as soon as they see the 'new champion' scene, just like how any returning vet wrestler gets 'You've still got it' no matter whether they do or do not still have...................(break for commercial).................IT!

    On Miz, it's a tough one to call because imo he has gone up the card because he's been in the main event of the last two PPVs and done SD main events as well, but that rise has resulted in him losing more matches. He's gone from a protected midcarder champion to kind of main eventer/world title chaser who puts over the top top stars on the brand. I can see why that'll upset Miz fans, but the bigger picture is he's gonna be in a marque match for Wrestlemania against John Cena, and if rumours are correct he'll team up with his wife for the first time ever which I'm sure personally he's gonna be proud of. Mania time is a horrible time for guys like Miz because they can easily be brushed to the side and put into a multiman match to make room for the part-timers, but his prospects for mania look a lot brighter than say Ziggler or Crews or even Dean Ambrose. Just looking at this isolated week and why he wasn't on the show, I totally get it, Cena's gotta tie up the loose ends with Bray Wyatt and the WWE Champion and Nikki's gotta finish up with Natalya before you can move onto feuding with Miz and Maryse.

    I love the ending with Orton refusing the mania match and SD now scrambling to crown a new #1 contender pronto. SD has I think 7 episodes between EC and WM so they can't just jump straight to Orton turning on Bray Wyatt and trying to keep that hot for 6 more episodes. You'd think Harper has to win that battle royal next week to progress the storyline further, and I'd be stoked as hell if Harper managed to get into the world title picture for mania but I still think it's gonna be just Orton and Bray.

    It's hilarious how Bryan can't even be cleared to split apart a brawl between Nikki and Natalya. Booking him in those situations makes him look like such a jerk that he won't even help out his sister-in-law.

    Mickie/Becky and Ascension/AA stuff was ok but nothing exciting. Really hoping it's just a straight Usos/AA build for Mania. Don't need the other geeks involved.

  9. #29
    Internet Favorite
    Sayer's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2,352
    Rep Power
    15180

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    Sean Waltman stated on a podcast this week that Cena was not booked to lose the match clean, but outright demanded that he put over Bray clean. So Miz may have been booked originally to be on the show.

  10. #30
    Awesomely Phenomenal
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    5,813
    Rep Power
    21370

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    Sean Waltman stated on a podcast this week that Cena was not booked to lose the match clean, but outright demanded that he put over Bray clean. So Miz may have been booked originally to be on the show.
    So Cenas burial of Miz has begun... half joking. Just sucks that a guy who was so damn entertaining, won over a lot of fans who previously thought he didn't even deserve to step in a ring and had so much momentum now can't get on TV or when he does he's booked like a goofball jobber.
    Last edited by ETE; 02-17-2017 at 06:39 AM.


    Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif


  11. #31
    Jiggy's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    3,607
    Rep Power
    98449

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Miz not even able to get on TV now is lame. But hey it's mine and Eels fault for being disappointed that our favourite wrestler wasn't on the show, to follow up on his jobbertastic 2017 so far. Not like anyone else ever complains about stuff...Amirite.

    But I mean seriously after his fantastic 2016 he's now basically the comedy jobber he was in 2011-2015 again. If he's lucky enough to get in TV he just loses to one move or gets laid out. They've really butchered his momentum, and he was noticeably less over than he has been recently at EC because he's just filling that jobber role again.

    If they are going ahead with the Cena feud for WM then they have their work cut out for them to make Miz credible enough in just six weeks, when he's done absolutely nothing in the last 6 weeks.
    He's already beaten Cena at WM. Making him credible for a WM match with Cena isn't going to require a miracle here.







  12. #32
    I Don't Suck
    CocksDynamite's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    2,231
    Rep Power
    48410
      Country                    Canada

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    I will add that Miz not being on TV is actually due to the fact that he's just away for a week.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.

  13. #33
    Jiggy's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    3,607
    Rep Power
    98449

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    -Guy schedules time off

    "Can you believe how badly they are burying him this time?"







  14. #34
    life is pain.
    In Progress's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,278
    Rep Power
    18013

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by CocksDynamite View Post
    I will add that Miz not being on TV is actually due to the fact that he's just away for a week.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    How are we, the viewing audience, supposed to know this? When he was filming his movie (and champion at the time) they did promos to explain his absence, but also keep his character relevant. After his horrid booking in the chamber match to being absent on SmackDown!, they aren't doing The Miz any favors. Absolute disappointment.



  15. #35

    PowerfulShake's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Independent Republic of Glasgow
    Posts
    12,277
    Rep Power
    146790
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    the viewing audience isn't supposed to view the product out of kayfabe either so if you're going down that route, you can't complain about his booking.

    plus was only just a week. could easily say he was selling the effects of the chamber or some bullshit. he's a movie star primadonna gimpbag so it fits his gimmick to be a little more protective of his body than everyone else.







    Spoiler:


    POWERFUL RANGERS

    Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo






  16. #36
    @_RaiZR
    RaiZ-R's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    20,397
    Rep Power
    29272

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    Ok, The Miz getting beat with one move in the Chamber was the absolute shits, granted... but his not being on one episode of TV means nothing and as a heel he can lose a lot and still get heat because he's a phenomenal dick and just needs to open his mouth to get boo'd. He's clearly moved up the card and I'm personally hopeful he'll be involved with the world title at some point this year. Honestly though, the biggest mistake they've made with the Miz didn't even happen this year, it happened when they took the IC title off him at No Mercy. He was on a tear, putting in consisently great performances in ring and on the mic, constantly adding dimensions to his act to ensure he stayed fresh and the more he won, the more heat he got and the more over he became. They should've never spoiled that and just left the title with him for as long as possible. I wanted him to beat Honky Tonk's reign and then just keep going until beating the Miz would really make someone. Instead we got a sad cup of coffee reign for Ziggler, a bad remix of Miz's previous excellent reign, and this nothing reign that Ambrose is on now (which could potentially be worthwhile if they continue booking Corbin well after he wins the belt at Mania - which might not happen, but should) and until that possible Corbin run, I see nothing that suggests taking the belt from Miz was the best course of action for anyone.

    ETE and IP can whine about Miz's 2017 all they want, it was the arse end of 2016 that really fucked him up.


  17. #37
    life is pain.
    In Progress's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    3,278
    Rep Power
    18013

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    the viewing audience isn't supposed to view the product out of kayfabe either so if you're going down that route, you can't complain about his booking.

    plus was only just a week. could easily say he was selling the effects of the chamber or some bullshit. he's a movie star primadonna gimpbag so it fits his gimmick to be a little more protective of his body than everyone else.
    OK... but do a video of him at home with Maryse massaging him or something. Have the announcers say something. The absolute silence was the issue. It was as if he was gone from the company. Horrible on WWE's part.



  18. #38
    Mid-Card Champion
    TWG's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    17026
      Country                    UK

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    Them not mentioning him at all might have been intentional? He can now come back next week and complain that no one talked about him, which is something his character would do.


  19. #39
    Awesomely Phenomenal
    ETE's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    5,813
    Rep Power
    21370

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    He's already beaten Cena at WM. Making him credible for a WM match with Cena isn't going to require a miracle here.
    That was what seven years ago? And for six of those years Miz was a low card jobber. You can't just slap two people together for a WM match, or at least you shouldn't. It should feel important, as it is it feels like a waste of Cena, that instead of a big match he's facing some goof who can't beat anyone anymore and just lost to a single move.

    Quote Originally Posted by CocksDynamite View Post
    I will add that Miz not being on TV is actually due to the fact that he's just away for a week.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's the sort of thing WWE needs to state, as it just kills momentum. Corbin recently had a week off to go to an awards show, but got no mention of why he was absent until Talking Smack the next week. It was just weird that this guy in a big push is randomly not on the show and gets no mention. With the Miz it's just dumb that he doesn't get to follow up on looking like a Chump at EC. Maryse was still at SDL though.

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Ok, The Miz getting beat with one move in the Chamber was the absolute shits, granted... but his not being on one episode of TV means nothing and as a heel he can lose a lot and still get heat because he's a phenomenal dick and just needs to open his mouth to get boo'd. He's clearly moved up the card and I'm personally hopeful he'll be involved with the world title at some point this year. Honestly though, the biggest mistake they've made with the Miz didn't even happen this year, it happened when they took the IC title off him at No Mercy. He was on a tear, putting in consisently great performances in ring and on the mic, constantly adding dimensions to his act to ensure he stayed fresh and the more he won, the more heat he got and the more over he became. They should've never spoiled that and just left the title with him for as long as possible. I wanted him to beat Honky Tonk's reign and then just keep going until beating the Miz would really make someone. Instead we got a sad cup of coffee reign for Ziggler, a bad remix of Miz's previous excellent reign, and this nothing reign that Ambrose is on now (which could potentially be worthwhile if they continue booking Corbin well after he wins the belt at Mania - which might not happen, but should) and until that possible Corbin run, I see nothing that suggests taking the belt from Miz was the best course of action for anyone.

    ETE and IP can whine about Miz's 2017 all they want, it was the arse end of 2016 that really fucked him up.
    Putting the belt on Ziggler for no reason just to then put it back on Miz and pretend nothing happened was dumb, and it hurt Miz and it hurt Ambrose as well because Dean beating Miz wasn't a big deal when Ziggler had already done it. At least though he came into 2017 as a big deal midcard Champ getting booked great as a weasel heel cheating his ass off and cutting epic promos. Since he lost the IC Title though at the start of 2017 he's just not the same; no great matches, no cheating to win and get heat because he doesn't win at all anymore. No great promos, he gets a couple minutes if he's lucky.

    Quote Originally Posted by TWG View Post
    Them not mentioning him at all might have been intentional? He can now come back next week and complain that no one talked about him, which is something his character would do.
    That makes sense, but I'm still waiting on them to follow up on all the material he got from when he lost the IC Title. Just on that one night, he lost his Title, Dean coerced the referee, Maryse got fined, and Daniel said he sucks which made Miz flip out on Talking Smack. But it all went nowhere and was quickly forgotten. He should have got to open the show next week and just lay into everyone with a brutal promo. But he didn't, all that material went unused and meaningless, I don't see this being any different. He'll be on TV next week (maybe) and it'll just be business as usual.

    I know I'm probably overreacting but I can honestly say Miz is the only reason I still watch wrestling, there's other acts I enjoy but none aim in invested in as much as Miz. He was on fire not that long ago, but they squandered it all.


    Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif


  20. #40
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    52,014
    Rep Power
    150242

    Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - February 14th, 2017

    oh my god, someone misses one show and people have fucking heart attacks

    hilarious ineptness, i love it. at least you're passionate
    Spoiler:

    I solemnly swear I am up to no good


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •