Thread: NJPW Honor Rising - February 26/27 2017

Status
      Country                    United States

NJPW NJPW Honor Rising - February 26/27 2017

Honor Rising in Korakuen Hall - February 26th
    David Finlay, Juice Robinson, & KUSHIDA vs. Gedo, Jado, & Silas Young

NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Championship
    BUSHI, EVIL, & SANADA(c) vs. Delirious, Jushin Thunder Liger, & Tiger Mask

Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, Tanga Roa, & Yujiro Takahashi vs. Hirooki Goto, Kazuchika Okada, Will Ospreay, & YOSHI-HASHI

Hanson & Raymond Rowe vs. Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson

Dalton Castle, Hiroshi Tanahashi, & Ryusuke Taguchi vs.Hiromu Takahashi, Punisher Martinez, & Tetsuya Naito

Cody & Hangman Page vs. Jay Lethal & Katsuyori Shibata

Adam Cole & Kenny Omega vs. Mark Briscoe & Jay Briscoe

Honor Rising in Korakuen Hall - February 27th
    David Finlay, Henare, & KUSHIDA vs. Gedo, Jado, & Silas Young

Dalton Castle, Delirious, Jushin Thunder Liger, Ryusuke Taguchi, & Tiger Mask vs. BUSHI, EVIL, SANADA, Hiromu Takahashi, & Tetsuya Naito

Tama Tonga & Tanga Roa vs. Hanson & Raymond Rowe

Bad Luck Fale, Hangman Page, & Yujiro Takahashi vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Jay Lethal, & Juice Robinson

NEVER Openweight Championship
    Hirookie Goto (c) vs. Punisher Martinez

ROH World Championship
    Adam Cole (c) vs. YOSHI-HASHI

Cody, Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson, & Nick Jackson vs. Jay Briscoe, Mark Briscoe, Kazuchika Okada, & Will Ospreay

Last edited by BlackTiger; 02-13-2017 at 10:40 AM.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: NJPW Honor Rising - February 26/27 2017

No Cheeseburger = I'll pass

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

I'm sure some of the match participants will change around a bit. I was surprised at some of the people potentially not involved, like Cheeseburger, Elgin, and Ishii.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Punisher Martinez getting a NEVER Openweight title match is so out of the blue to me.

Interesting that Kazarian joined a Japanese based stable and yet isn't scheduled on a big BC heavy show for his debut.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

This doesn't look too appealing. YOSHI-HASHI getting the ROH title match is cool, kinda wish that was the main event but understand why it isnt.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    Punisher Martinez getting a NEVER Openweight title match is so out of the blue to me.

Interesting that Kazarian joined a Japanese based stable and yet isn't scheduled on a big BC heavy show for his debut.
    I feel the same way. I've seen matches with him and he seems fair for a heel hossy, big man, monster guy. But aside from the top prospect tournament and him teaming with Whitmer, he hasn't done much? Just seems really random. I'll be really shocked if he wins. I won't know what to believe then.

Especially considering this is the joint show for ROH & NJPW which heavily features almost all of BC. I understand why Chase Owens isn't on the card But I would've thought Kaz would have been there, and maybe even Daniels. Guess not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Legend View Post
    This doesn't look too appealing. YOSHI-HASHI getting the ROH title match is cool, kinda wish that was the main event but understand why it isnt.
    A lot of the match ups seem by the numbers. Hashi is set to appear for Supercard of Honor as well, I also get why it isn't a main event, but I wish it was treated as such with more importance.

Status

Re: The Official Puro Discussion Thread

Honor Rising Night 1 was good. Great crowd and just tons of fun overall. Not disappointed by any match and some really great moments here and there. I even enjoyed Adam Cole (BAYBAY!) even though I usually can't stand him. Though I get the feeling he's leaving BC soon... Or Omega's turning face. They teased something during that match.

Highlights being Omega's return, Shibata/Cody interactions as well as Taguchi and Tanahashi being Castle's boys.

Also, I have to say, Juice Robinson is becoming a favourite of mine. Unbelievable.

Edit: bollocks. I see theres a thread for the show. Can someone move this comment there plz
    Last edited by RainShaker; 02-26-2017 at 08:26 AM.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

BTB Legend

Status

Comments on Night One

I thought it was fine event overall with nothing really good or bad about it. I had forgotten that Rocky Romero was doing commentary, so when I first tuned in I wondered what Matt Hughes was doing commenting for ROH. Romero sounds very much like him. I did hate seeing Tanahashi playing one of Dalton’s boys. I don’t like the gimmick to begin with and seeing them saddle Tanahashi with it, even for one night, was just mind boggling. It was the equivalent of WWE put a wig on Goldberg to ‘add layers to his character’, either not realizing or caring that they’re destroying his aura. I haven’t seen Jay Lethal for a while, and never really paid attention to him when I did because he’s just so bland, but when did he ‘hit the weights’ and bulk up so much? I thought Okada looked to be in a lot of discomfort just walking to the ring, and not because he was selling. There’s a price to pay for putting your body through so many great matches and it looked to me like we’re starting to see Okada pay that price. It was my first time seeing Punisher Martinez in action. If it’s my last time, I won’t shed too many tears. The Adam Cole ‘bay bay’ is fine midcard fare but top of the card? No thanks. I’ll be watching tomorrow in English but then switch to Japanese commentary for the main event because that’s the only match I’m really interested in.

BTB Newcomer of the Year 2012
    BTB of the Year 2012

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

I think Tanahashi's just moved into a stage of his career now where he wants to have fun and be hidden in tags if it's not a big show, I don't see it anymore aura destroying than doing Taguchi's butt thrusts as Never 6 man champion at New Beginning. Can't say I'm a huge Dalton fan, DDT feels more like the crowd for him than New Japan.

doesnt seem anything that tempting on the show but I am interested to see the reaction to Omega being back.

Status

Omega got a good pop. Him and Cole were basically face in terms of crowd reaction. Bucks too. It was weird.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Watching this right now. Opening match was pretty fun. I like Silas Young, and him heeling it up with Jade and Gedo. I'm glad Finlay is back. Holy crap at Juice busting his nose. Looked sick.

I laughed when Rocky referenced the Festus gimmick. That match was acceptable.

Status

Silas Young looks 20 years older than he is, wow.

Another fun show. These shows compared to last year are night and day I feel.

Highlights: Taguchi and Castle touching tips, YOSHI HASHI BAYBAY and the main event.

Kenny Omega and Naito are unreal right now. Also Cody has been enjoyable, enjoyed his backstage promo. Lmfao at Omega dissing Tanahashi.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    Silas Young looks 20 years older than he is, wow.
    Yeah I'm watching Night 2 right now and searched his age and couldn't believe he's only 37. But I was on a forum with a guy who's 2 years older than me (29) and looks like he's in his late forties so it happens.
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Have to say, the main event of night 2 (the 8 man tag) was pretty good. My only reservation is Omega being too goofy considering he was in the ring against the IWGP Champion and if he took things more seriously he might of scored a pinfall over him and earned a title shot but that's creating an alternative narrative for myself. Hopefully back in a singles environment in the Cup he'll be more focused on winning. Bullet Club seemed to be effectively babyfaces in that match, and LIJ seem that way too now, surely one of those stables is gonna shift into being babyfaces soon when Suzuki-Gun need something else to do.

Thread Information