Thread: WWE NXT Discussion: February 8th, 2017

Pony Mod

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Australia

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion: February 8th, 2017

WWE NXT preview: Feb. 8, 2017
    The Bobby Roode era begins as the new NXT Champion revels in his TakeOver: San Antonio victory in a way only he knows how: With a glorious celebration.

There’s a new NXT Champion, and his name is Bobby Roode. The NXT Universe will revel in Roode’s greatness tonight, when the titleholder holds a glorious celebration for his memorable title victory over Shinsuke Nakamura.

Roode managed to overcome The King of Strong Style at TakeOver: San Antonio in a classic showdown that still has fans talking. When Roode made his NXT debut last August, he promised to make the brand glorious. Now that the decorated grappler has done just that, what does Roode being NXT Champion mean for the rest of the locker room? And what exactly does the new champion have in store for his glorious celebration?

Find out tonight at 8/7 C, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.

Nigel McGuinness makes his NXT announcing debut
    When the NXT Universe tunes in tonight to watch NXT on WWE Network, a new voice will be heard among the announce team. British wrestling legend Nigel McGuinness – who co-helmed commentary for the WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament last January – will join Tom Phillips and Percy Watson at the NXT announce table. He replaces Corey Graves, who will focus his efforts as a part of the Raw announce team.

Check out McGuinness’ NXT announcing debut tonight at 8/7 C on WWE Network.

SURF DUDES WITH ATTITUDES
    Hangin' ten and highin' five

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE NXT Discussion: February 8th, 2017

Really fun episode this week. Loved Damo wrecking The Bollywood Boys, loved Roddy and Jose saving Tye (babyfaces!), loved The Revival versus Heavy Machinery (I fucking love that team), loved The Revival sneak attacking the Authors, loved Roode's title celebration, and liked the main event. So much to enjoy.

Excited for Bate vs. Seven next week.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Starting this RIGHT NOW. I like me some sanity

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Hard Times

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Dook View Post
    Starting this RIGHT NOW. I like me some sanity
    True or false does that have to do with the love for Nikki Cross aka Nikki Storm if you know her work in the Indies? EY to me has been this type of character in his last year in TNA and I giving props to back then, and he seems to found his niche in NXT now. If only he can Piledrive a Wrestler on the Ramp like he did in TNA.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    True or false does that have to do with the love for Nikki Cross aka Nikki Storm if you know her work in the Indies? EY to me has been this type of character in his last year in TNA and I giving props to back then, and he seems to found his niche in NXT now. If only he can Piledrive a Wrestler on the Ramp like he did in TNA.
    Kind of the whole package. I, of course, like Cross and Dain. But I think Wolfe is pretty underrated and has potential if put in the right circumstance. And EY I probably like more than most, and a stable guy fits him.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

WHAT!?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    Really fun episode this week. Loved Damo wrecking The Bollywood Boys, loved Roddy and Jose saving Tye (babyfaces!), loved The Revival versus Heavy Machinery (I fucking love that team), loved The Revival sneak attacking the Authors, loved Roode's title celebration, and liked the main event. So much to enjoy.

Excited for Bate vs. Seven next week.
    Apparently you read my mind and posted my exacted thoughts on the show thus making my posting them repetive and pointless... I literally have nothing to add and just wanna join in with the conversation. Someone say something stupid so I can disagree with you and feel like my entering this thread wasn't a waste of time.

Oh, wait, I do have one thing to add; Nigel replacing Corey wasn't as jarring as I thought it might be. He fared well and meshes nicely with Philips. Still not getting Watson's appeal on commentary though.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

This was definitely a fun outing for NXT and you can definitely feel it's a new era in NXT following Takeover. I have to say I'm not one to every wish injury on someone or anything like that. But Sawyer Fulton being out and Killian Dane replacing him very much is a godsend for Sanity. I feel like Dane fits the group more based on look and definitely is the more rounded performer. Their ceiling definitely has gotten higher based on the switch IMO and I'm really digging what they've got going on with Dillinger at the moment. I will say though and maybe it's just me. I feel that No Way Jose should have been the one to take the fall and not Roderick Strong. Because Roddy was coming off a great win over Takeover and that kind of halts his momentum. Just a small critique there but that's just me.

The women's match was OK. Love the dynamic of Billie Kay and Peyton Royce. Think they are owning the bitchy mean girls role. Plus if it wasn't for Rosemary in TNA I'd be calling Peyton Royce my current wrestling crush. She's so hot. I will say though Liv Morgan definitely needs more work in the ring. But she's in NXT so shes developing still. Kinda interested to see who she picks as a partner. Thinking it'll be Ember Moon but they could surprise us and debut someone which would be fun. Have to say as well loved the return/redebut of Heavy Machinery. Just love those guys. Two pure hoss wrestlers who can move and I want to see more of them. But for now I am ridiculously pumped for seeing the Revival vs the Authors of Pain. That match has been on my wish list for a while now. Closing I'll just add it may have been hammy but I loved Roode's promo. His character work is on point. So many potential matches for him as well. I need more NXT asap.

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

- It’s still going to take some time for Killian Dain/Big Damo to fill the Sawyer Fulton-sized hole in my heart, especially with those plain black trunks and more hair on his chest/back than a herd of cats, abuuuuuuuut, this was a pretty good start for the healing process. A total HOSS handily winning a tag match without once tagging in his partner is something I’ve wanted to see for quite some time. If he remains a solid HOSS then I can look past him looking like a beefier Mike Knox.

Also, Bollywood Boyz sighting, ahoy. Wondered where they disappeared to.

Eric Young’s claim that Tye Dillinger belongs to Sanity feels a lot like a cult leader trying to sway and bring the one person who turned them down into the fold. Like, I get the feeling Eric doesn’t even want Tye in Sanity, but he refuses to let someone who told him ‘no’ walk away.

- I appreciate Billie Kay & Peyton Royce always coming out together, always doing the duo entrance, even if only one of them is actually fighting.

Liv Morgan’s okay, I suppose, but did we not do this ‘Morgan or Aliyah, I don’t remember which, get a fluke win over Royce/Kay, Kay/Royce challenge them to a rematch w/ a partner if her choosing’ thing? If that partner ends up being Ember Moon I’m going to assume someone accidently wrote that onto the whiteboard in permanent marker.

- Kay & Royce are so delightful even William Regal can’t keep a straight face when they’re joyfully claiming Liv Morgan doesn’t have any friends, hopping away offscreen in the process like a pair of rude rabbits.

- GET YOUR HARD HATS ON LADS, WE’RE WORKING WITH SOME HEAVY MACHINERY. Good to see this wasn’t a one-off team, there could be a fair amount of potential in Tucker/Otis as a backup face team.

Holy shit, Revival calling out the Authors of Pain, leaving, then attacking them from behind was fantastic. Hoss powerhouse heels vs trickery deceit heels, give it to me. That, or a DIY/Revival/AoP Triple-tag-match.

- Solid enough main event. I appreciate the amount of Sanity in this week’s NXT, good amount of buildup for the dudes. Roddy’s still got the Apollo Crews problem of having zero character but a lot of wrestling ability so if he can find a character hook, then he’s gold.

SURF DUDES WITH ATTITUDES
    Hangin' ten and highin' five

Spoiler:

Thread Information