Page 95 of 95 FirstFirst ... 45 85939495
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 1900

Thread: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Everyone lets their own biases slip in to everything, it's human nature. Just look at any debate between liberals and conservatives. Anybody that says that they don't allow biases to influence how they debate is lying.
    Not a great analogy to use, considering liberals tend to rely on information, studies, and facts, where conservatives tend to rely on emotion, feeling, and 'gut instinct.' But I get what you're saying.

The Worldwide 96 has concluded and a World Champion has been crowned,
    but we're far from finished scratching our tournament itch. Introducing...

The above image will lead you to an index for Tournament Road.
    The links below cover everything leading to these tournaments.

BIG-ASS RECAP | TRIFECTA | SHOWCASE 1 | SHOWCASE 2

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
    If anyone knows me then one things for sure, I know BTB's, and this is by far the best one.
    Spoiler:

Positively Living

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Well it's clear that some people here just won't give him any credit at all; you can't have a discussion with them, because no matter how many examples you present to support your statements and opinoins, they will never agree with u about it and will debate endlessly. That's the vibe I'm getting from Tommy Thunder.

And this is also from the same type of people that will argue that Cena was a great wrestler throughout his entire career, even from the beginning (which is not true at all. he's received a lot of criticism, even from his peers about that) .

In any event, the last 2 Wrestlemania main events have been pretty good in my books. Leave it up to Roman Reigns to finally fill that void and create a fresh presence in the main event scene.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by iwasneverhere View Post
    Well it's clear that some people here just won't give him any credit at all; you can't have a discussion with them, because no matter how many examples you present to support your statements and opinoins, they will never agree with u about it and will debate endlessly. That's the vibe I'm getting from Tommy Thunder.
    Tommy asks for examples and you don't give any, then proceed to say "no matter how many examples."

In any event, the last 2 Wrestlemania main events have been pretty good in my books. Leave it up to Roman Reigns to finally fill that void and create a fresh presence in the main event scene.
    Last two main events sucked. Please share whatever drugs you are on.

If anyone knows me then one things for sure, I know BTB's, and this is by far the best one.
    Spoiler:

When the black man talkin

Status

I'm probably the biggest Reigns mark on the forum but even I can't defend last year's main event

Positively Living

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Tommy asks for examples and you don't give any, then proceed to say "no matter how many examples."
    Just to clarify, since you took what I said out of context. Tommy Thunders hatred towards Reigns is so irrational, that Reigns could have a dozen Meltzer 5 star rated matches in 1 month and Tommy still wouldn't give him any credit. At least, that's how I perceive it. It's a pointless discussion with him.

The irrational hatred towards Reigns is getting as ridiculous as it is against Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I'm probably the biggest Reigns mark on the forum but even I can't defend last year's main event
    What was so bad about it?

God's Gift to God

Status

The irrational reigns love is just as ridiculous as the irrational cena love.

ily

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulCoxatron View Post
    The irrational reigns love is just as ridiculous as the irrational cena love.

ily
    my love for cena isn't irrational

it's true, undeniable, loyal passionate love.

hustle loyalty respect. recognize.

Positively Living

Status

I'm open minded about Reigns challenges as he improves his game. I think he needs to add a few more moves to his arsenal, stop relying on the superman punch so much and he obviously needs to up his mic game a bit. But that being said, he's still one of the best in the company. He is significantly less sloppy in the ring than Cena and Ambrose are. He has far better facial expressions and sells a lot better than Rollins. He is awesome with execution of moves. Nobody in the company has a better look, theme song and ring attire than he does.

The only person I can really see giving Reigns a run for his money is Rusev. Rusev is pretty awesome. I'd like to see a title feud between Rusev and Reigns; that would be an interesting feud.

[Blank Space]

Status

FINALLY finished up the show. Apologies if I'm repeating points but after 5 hours viewing I ain't wading through 95 pages of discussion.

Thought the show was pretty damn solid overall. Unfortunately no real stand out matches (not a star ratings guy, but if I was nothing hit 4 stars IMO), but most of the show was good entertainment.

Think my viewing really benefited from watching over 2 nights rather than 1, may have stopped the show from dragging like last years did.

Holy shit, what the fuck were they thinking with Bray/Orton? You get the feeling watching him post match that even Randy knew that sucked.

Sad to see Taker go, but unfortunately that match showed that it was time to retire. He struggled to carry his end, that should never have been booked to go as long as it did. Still , I appreciated the story behind it, just needed a condensed version.

When the black man talkin

Status

What was so bad about it?
    Their match made no sense in the context of the feud for starters. They were having a blood feud and set up for a violent brawl, but like HHH vs Orton at WM25 they had a tame wrestling match (and not a very interesting one at that, lots of meaningless and boring submission moves, etc). It was a terrible, lifeless main event.

At least WM33's main event, while a bit lifeless, made sense and there was a clear story there.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Just to clarify, since you took what I said out of context. Tommy Thunders hatred towards Reigns is so irrational, that Reigns could have a dozen Meltzer 5 star rated matches in 1 month and Tommy still wouldn't give him any credit. At least, that's how I perceive it. It's a pointless discussion with him.
    I didn't take what you said out of context. You mentioned examples and how no matter how many of them are given people will never be satisfied, then you went on to disparage Tommy Thunder. Well Tommy Thunder asked you to give some fucking examples and it's time for you to put up or shut up.

Spoiler:

Indy Talent

Status

I'm a Reigns hater now? Even though I've given him credit in previous posts (from today no less) and have said countless times that I think he's good? Ok then...

Just because I don't think he's as good as you think he is (and I have no problem with how good you think he is, I'm just trying to have a discussion) doesn't make me a hater of him.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    I'm a Reigns hater now? Even though I've given him credit in previous posts (from today no less) and have said countless times that I think he's good? Ok then...

Just because I don't think he's as good as you think he is (and I have no problem with how good you think he is, I'm just trying to have a discussion) doesn't make me a hater of him.
    No. I'm sorry Tommy, but just no. If we enjoy him but don't absolutely love him, we are a bunch of hatters, papi.

Spoiler:

Die By My Hand

Status

WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

No. I'm sorry Tommy, but just no. If we enjoy him but don't absolutely love him, we are a bunch of hatters, papi.
    Are we mad hatters?

Team CD | Lurk & Jurk | Ribs & Salsa | Team Cyrus T
    Spoiler:

Better than Perfect

Status
      Country                    nz=New Zealand

None of the matches really blew me away TBH. Shane vs. AJ, the tag team ladder match, and Rollins vs. Triple H were good. Taker's last match was pretty underwhelming for a main event and what's reported to be his last match, although it's understandable given how old and beat up he is.

It was more a show for moments than for wrestling quality; the Hardys returned to the show and the match type that made them household names, Roman became the 2 in 23 and effectively turned heel, Taker hung it up, the snake slithering down the ramp during Randy's entrance looked fucking awesome, Naomi won the title in front of her home crowd, and Jim Ross came back.
    Yeah... nah.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Tommy Thunders hatred towards Reigns is so irrational, that Reigns could have a dozen Meltzer 5 star rated matches in 1 month and Tommy still wouldn't give him any credit.
    Why would Tommy care about Meltzer's ratings? Meltzer isn't the authority on what's good amd what isn't. Tommy could have a completely different opinion on wrestling and what he enjoys.

This isn't r/squaredcircle where Meltzer's word is gospel.

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

Maestro of Mayhem

Status
      Country                    Australia

I'm open minded about Reigns challenges as he improves his game. I think he needs to add a few more moves to his arsenal, stop relying on the superman punch so much and he obviously needs to up his mic game a bit. But that being said, he's still one of the best in the company. He is significantly less sloppy in the ring than Cena and Ambrose are. He has far better facial expressions and sells a lot better than Rollins. He is awesome with execution of moves. Nobody in the company has a better look, theme song and ring attire than he does.

The only person I can really see giving Reigns a run for his money is Rusev. Rusev is pretty awesome. I'd like to see a title feud between Rusev and Reigns; that would be an interesting feud.
    iwasneverdickridingreigns

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    Meltzer isn't the authority on what's good amd what isn't.
    Alright Shake you can stop trolling, we get it.

Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Alright Shake you can stop trolling, we get it.
    He only is when he's praising Omega, Okada or The Bucks OBV

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Australia

Well I am super late in watching WM but I've been working a crazy amount this week and when I'm off hours I've constantly on standby in case I get called in which I did, I deliberately avoided the board and any spoilers so it wouldn't be ruined for me, anyway my two cents are

I knew Neville and Aries would be awesome
    The Corbin/Ambrose match seemed like a lot of the energy got sucked out of the match when it got bumped to the pre-show.
    I'm pissed Sammy Zayn didn't win the battle royal

I feel like WM this year needed more Rusev and Lana everywhere as they are gold.

Aj/Shane was super fun and enjoyable

I liked Jericho/Owens for the most part, it seemed like WWE was running with the whole 'these guys know each other so well, they can predict each other's moves' hence all the countering of spots and moves in the match. I wasn't surprised that Owens won, also I laughed at Jericho's huge list, and light up scarf seriously.

The Ladder match was dope, also Hardy's return I heard the rumours and knew there was a good chance of them showing up in wwe so that was fun. I enjoyed Cesaro wearing a kilt lik Shaemus ^^ and I kind of wanted Shaemus and Cesaro to win the match but it was a nice moment anyways

The raw women's match was okay certainly not great but decent enough, I think I would have preferred it if was just Sasha, Bailey, and Charlotte and if it had gone on a little long. I thought Bailey would retain and she did.

The mixed tag was meh I enjoyed the promo segment, I found Miz and Maryse super entertaining, I liked their outfits, especially Maryse's they looked like a mix of super villains/bosses from a video game so that was fun. I didn't like that Miz and Maryse were made to look weak in the match. The end was whatever, and the proposal was a proposal so I didn't really have much of an opinion on that other than Cena looked like it was awkward to be speaking that way in front of everyone, and Nikki is a Bad actress.

Triple H/Rollins - Oh wow that entrance, I like to imagine and really hope, Triple H thinks he's hilarious and that these entrances are badass. I was very confused by Rollins choice of colour scheme, it was excessively yellow-gold and it had feathers for some reason. The match seemed to go for a really long time. I willl say feud felt super pereonal between them. I loved Stephanie's resting bitchface on the back of the bike though that was a nice touch, I also liked her just pulling the sledgehammer out of Rollins hands and chucking it out of the ring, also Steph went through the table at the end which was unexpected but I enjoyed it, I feel like Triple H should have gone through one as well but whatever. Also seemed like Rollins forgot to sell the injury at certain points.

Bray/Orton - What the fuck, yeah I don't even know whose idea that was but they need to be fired immediately. Also what especially pissed me off was when the match begun Bray had all this aggression and intensity, and I thought yeah this feud should be personal he burnt down your house, defaced and desecrated your holy sacred corpse thing, that should have brought a brutality and fury out of Bray that we'd never seen before. To the point that it completely threw orton off his game and him having to pull out his entire arsenal and all the stops to beat Bray. But oh boy did wwe like ruin everything here. Instead we get footage of maggots, worms and roaches, wow way to go WWE you have entirely dropped the fucking ball here, like I don't know how this was even in your ball park of good ideas, just wow, also of course Orton won too. It amazes me they could book a character like Bray so stupidly.

Lesnar/Goldberg - This was much better than I expected and it certainly seemed to awaken the crowd somewhat after the previous two matches put everyone to sleep. I thought it should have gone longer. It had intensity though, and whoa Lesnar can jump, but that's all I've got to say on it.

The smack down women's match was also okay for what it was I liked Mickie James new ring attire, I was happy for Naomi given she was in her hometown and hometown victories usually don't work out well in wwe. I think Alexa Bliss should have won the match personally but whatever.

Undertaker/Reigns with the story they were telling made me a bit sad, watching undertaker not be able to keep up with the much younger wrestler, also the match had a few noticeable botches in it, but given Undertaker's condition and his hip it's understandable, besides the places where Undertaker is lacking, Reigns just hasn't got the experience or the know how to carry Undertaker to a better match than this, I also still feel it should have been Cena/Taker for Undertakers last match and it would have received a far better response, I'm not bothered either that it was ended by Reigns though, I feel more so that it is what it is, and I'm more taken up with the fact Undertaker has left the building ^^

Not gonna lie guys, Undertakers retirement made me super emotional, it feels so bizarre like a part of me just walked away with him, given that ever since I was a child I've been watching Undertaker, he's been this constant staple and presence in my life of being a wrestling fan, and to know he's officially packing it up gave me chills and I'm sure Undertaker knows, and is so very proud of everything he has given to, and sacrificed for the fans over the years. He is the iconic character, the hero and idol to so many, he is one of a kind and his presence will be felt within the wrestling business for years to come, and won't be forgotten. I'd say more but I haven't got the profound words, or the coherent ability to say more than that right now.

Thank you Dead Man,
    Last edited by Lisette; 04-08-2017 at 06:17 PM.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

Thread Information