Page 7 of 95 FirstFirst ... 56789 17 57 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 1900

Thread: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

  1. #121
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scaramanga's Funhouse
    Posts
    23,713
    Rep Power
    233151
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Canada

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    I'm looking forward to the SD women's title match because Alexa is amazing, Neville-Aries, KO-Y2J, Orton-Bray solely for Bray's entrance, and Enzo and Cass' inevitable tag title win just because #YouDeserveIt
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if they saved that pop for the RAW after 'Mania. Personally, I don't think Enzo and Cass are an act that need titles but I do get how loud the pop would be if they won so I'm fine with it either way.


    Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five Movies of 2016~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis







  2. #122
    RED
    Bazingos's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Athens, Greece
    Posts
    2,685
    Rep Power
    49120
      Country                    Greece

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    No part of me wants to see Enzo & Cass become champions but then again, Gallows & Anderson have been rather lame as champions so far. Wouldn't mind if Sheamus and Cesaro win back the belts and enter a program with the Revival (who are bound to be called up after WM I guess)

    #WC4Horsemen

  3. #123
    Ace that Runs this Place
    The Golden One's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    5,867
    Rep Power
    85186
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if they saved that pop for the RAW after 'Mania. Personally, I don't think Enzo and Cass are an act that need titles but I do get how loud the pop would be if they won so I'm fine with it either way.
    That'd be fine, too. The pop will be louder the Raw after.
    TGoHo: WC's Greatest Tag Team

    "The Golden One" Devin Golden

    3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10


    Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion


  4. #124
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    52,539
    Rep Power
    192454

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Anyone who tries to argue WWE is more about celebrities now than they used to be is just an absurd troll not worth responding to. Look at the first two Wrestlemania's and compare. Don't be absurd.

    Spoiler:

    I solemnly swear I am up to no good


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  5. #125
    Positively Living
    iwasneverhere's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    2947
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dookie Sanders View Post
    Anyone who tries to argue WWE is more about celebrities now than they used to be is just an absurd troll not worth responding to. Look at the first two Wrestlemania's and compare. Don't be absurd.
    That was never the argument, the argument was about what we would prefer to see at shows like Wrestlemania. Too much celebrity involvement for my tastes. Pay attention Dookie.

  6. #126
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    52,539
    Rep Power
    192454

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    I can say Disney Channel original movies to me shouldn't be family and children movies but instead raunchy lesbian pornog, but it is what it is. Wrestlemania has been celebrity involvement from day one that has dropped it down considerably over time, if you have some warped notion on what it should be, that's on you.

    Spoiler:

    I solemnly swear I am up to no good


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  7. #127
    Jiggy's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    4,195
    Rep Power
    153532

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dookie Sanders View Post
    Anyone who tries to argue WWE is more about celebrities now than they used to be is just an absurd troll not worth responding to. Look at the first two Wrestlemania's and compare. Don't be absurd.
    Yes and no. Wrestling was more integrated into pop culture back then than it is now. But the WWE are still starfuckers when the opportunity arises. If the dudes from Big Bang Theory wanted a match at WrestleMania they would be facing The Wyatt Family at WrestleMania and then get inducted into the WWE HOF 3 or 4 years later.




    [12:14 AM] Nash: Jiggs is reaching top 5 Nash fave GOAT status in such rapid speed
    [12:15 AM]
    Nash: it'll definitely go to his head







  8. #128
    Positively Living
    iwasneverhere's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    204
    Rep Power
    2947
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dookie Sanders View Post
    I can say Disney Channel original movies to me shouldn't be family and children movies but instead raunchy lesbian pornog, but it is what it is. Wrestlemania has been celebrity involvement from day one that has dropped it down considerably over time, if you have some warped notion on what it should be, that's on you.
    Now days, Snookie and Snoop Dogg can have one of the most heavily promoted matches in wrestling history, stink out the building, and based on that night alone they are going to be inducted into the Hall of Fame a few years later.

  9. #129
    WC Hall Of Famer

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    52,539
    Rep Power
    192454

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Yes and no. Wrestling was more integrated into pop culture back then than it is now. But the WWE are still starfuckers when the opportunity arises. If the dudes from Big Bang Theory wanted a match at WrestleMania they would be facing The Wyatt Family at WrestleMania and then get inducted into the WWE HOF 3 or 4 years later.
    But it isn't about a match or two. There was much more of a celebrity focus from top to bottom.

    Spoiler:

    I solemnly swear I am up to no good


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  10. #130
    #ThankYouTaker
    CGS's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    22,870
    Rep Power
    41467
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    The main event of Wrestlemania 1 itself featured a celeb so yeah there is defo less focus these days that there used to it. Really hard to argue against that. I would argue that Wrestlemania didn't become about the wrestling itself until post 2000.







  11. #131
    WHAT!?
    RaiZ-R's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    20,623
    Rep Power
    43152

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Nah, he got fired for something he did in his leaked sex tape.
    He got fired for being a massive racist fucking scumbag. How that came to light sucked, sure, but it didn't change the fact that he is a massive racist fucking scumbag. Nothing Paige, Xavier or any of the other hacked parties have done deserves punishment in the way what Hogan said did. That useless, old, racist fucking scumbag will be back on TV within the next few years with fans cheering for him and that sickens me. Hulk Hogan is a racist. Being a racist deserves punishment. Never forget that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    Wrestlemania wasn't created for five star classics.
    If it were, it failed. Miserably. I'm up to the main event of WrestleMania XIV as I type this and I've yet to see a single match in fourteen events that I would classify as a five star classic. The majority of matches are under two-and-a-half stars and there's only five matches I'd put over three-and-a-half stars thus far... that all said, it's subjective and WWE/F would've been moronic to base the concept of WrestleMania around a subjective thing like match quality. What they did was base it around creating objective spectecle and that's something that's been consistent since the very first show.

    This year, please correct me if I'm wrong, there's zero celebrity involvement. There's the theme, like there has been for years, as some chick singing "America, the Beautiful" in case y'all forget where you're from and that's it. The hosts are a wrestling tag team, the matches all feature wrestlers or part-timers who are (arguably) best known for their time spent in the wrestling ring. To my knowledge there's no celebrity aspect to the show at all... so why is this a discussion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    There is balance. There's only been two recent Wrestlemanias where a celebrity was the major focus of an angle* and that was WM 23 and 24 with Mayweather and Trump. And both of those were pretty great and unbelievable successes for WWE. Snooki, Snoop Dogg, Shaq were all very very minor parts of the show and completely inoffensive.


    *you could maybe add Mickey Rourke into this too, but he worked himself into a shoot so his involvement was not as intrusive as originally planned.
    Recent? Dude! Those events are a decade old. You're stretching the definition of recent to argue against a point that can be argued against by pointing out that it's been a decade since celebrities had involvement in Mania's matches in any real way.



  12. #132
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scaramanga's Funhouse
    Posts
    23,713
    Rep Power
    233151
      Country                    Canada

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    That useless, old, racist fucking scumbag will be back on TV within the next few years with fans cheering for him and that sickens me.
    It's cute that you think it's going to take years when he may very well be back at 'Mania this year. Hope you don't blow a gasket if he shows up but please post more vitriol if he does because it makes me laugh.


    Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five Movies of 2016~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis







  13. #133
    Jiggy's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    4,195
    Rep Power
    153532

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    He got fired for being a massive racist fucking scumbag. How that came to light sucked, sure, but it didn't change the fact that he is a massive racist fucking scumbag. Nothing Paige, Xavier or any of the other hacked parties have done deserves punishment in the way what Hogan said did. That useless, old, racist fucking scumbag will be back on TV within the next few years with fans cheering for him and that sickens me. Hulk Hogan is a racist. Being a racist deserves punishment. Never forget that.



    If it were, it failed. Miserably. I'm up to the main event of WrestleMania XIV as I type this and I've yet to see a single match in fourteen events that I would classify as a five star classic. The majority of matches are under two-and-a-half stars and there's only five matches I'd put over three-and-a-half stars thus far... that all said, it's subjective and WWE/F would've been moronic to base the concept of WrestleMania around a subjective thing like match quality. What they did was base it around creating objective spectecle and that's something that's been consistent since the very first show.

    This year, please correct me if I'm wrong, there's zero celebrity involvement. There's the theme, like there has been for years, as some chick singing "America, the Beautiful" in case y'all forget where you're from and that's it. The hosts are a wrestling tag team, the matches all feature wrestlers or part-timers who are (arguably) best known for their time spent in the wrestling ring. To my knowledge there's no celebrity aspect to the show at all... so why is this a discussion?



    Recent? Dude! Those events are a decade old. You're stretching the definition of recent to argue against a point that can be argued against by pointing out that it's been a decade since celebrities had involvement in Mania's matches in any real way.
    Letting someone jizz on a WWE championship belt is definitely an offense worthy of termination. C'mon now.




    [12:14 AM] Nash: Jiggs is reaching top 5 Nash fave GOAT status in such rapid speed
    [12:15 AM]
    Nash: it'll definitely go to his head







  14. #134
    God's Gift to God
    PowerfulCoxatron's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Suplex City, Bitch
    Posts
    15,394
    Rep Power
    154210

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    I think there's a difference between openly being racist and possibly drawing unbelievable negative pr and a private sex act that is relatively tame.

    ily

  15. #135
    WHAT!?
    RaiZ-R's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    20,623
    Rep Power
    43152

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    It's cute that you think it's going to take years when he may very well be back at 'Mania this year. Hope you don't blow a gasket if he shows up but please post more vitriol if he does because it makes me laugh.
    I was being conservative in my estimation of Hogan's return. Trust me, I'm well aware he may turn up at Mania and it's a gross possibility. I'm glad that my inability to put up with racist bullshit amuses you but it's also kind of sad really.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Letting someone jizz on a WWE championship belt is definitely an offense worthy of termination. C'mon now.
    Why? In what way? Hogan dehumanised another human being and believes he's a better person than them purely based on the colour of his skin, what Paige did can be cleaned with a wet-wipe. Really not the same thing. At all.

    Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulCoxatron View Post
    I think there's a difference between openly being racist and possibly drawing unbelievable negative pr and a private sex act that is relatively tame.

    ily
    ^This.



  16. #136
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Scaramanga's Funhouse
    Posts
    23,713
    Rep Power
    233151
      Country                    Canada

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    I was being conservative in my estimation of Hogan's return. Trust me, I'm well aware he may turn up at Mania and it's a gross possibility. I'm glad that my inability to put up with racist bullshit amuses you but it's also kind of sad really.
    Hey, I'm not excusing the guys behaviour or anything like that, just saying you ranting about it made me laugh. There's really no need for insults there.


    Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five Movies of 2016~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis







  17. #137
    Still Kicking It
    strange brew's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ong's Hat, NJ
    Posts
    666
    Rep Power
    1865
      Country                    United States

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post



    If it were, it failed. Miserably. I'm up to the main event of WrestleMania XIV as I type this and I've yet to see a single match in fourteen events that I would classify as a five star classic. The majority of matches are under two-and-a-half stars and there's only five matches I'd put over three-and-a-half stars thus far... that all said, it's subjective and WWE/F would've been moronic to base the concept of WrestleMania around a subjective thing like match quality. What they did was base it around creating objective spectecle and that's something that's been consistent since the very first show.

    This year, please correct me if I'm wrong, there's zero celebrity involvement. There's the theme, like there has been for years, as some chick singing "America, the Beautiful" in case y'all forget where you're from and that's it. The hosts are a wrestling tag team, the matches all feature wrestlers or part-timers who are (arguably) best known for their time spent in the wrestling ring. To my knowledge there's no celebrity aspect to the show at all... so why is this a discussion?
    Good point about the main events. It wasn't until Mania 20 where the Benoit/HHH/HBK match was held in high regard and some fans rating it five stars. In terms of celebrity involvement, Shaq appeared at the Andre the Giant Battle Royal last year, and Big Show and Shaq teased on Twitter about them fighting each other at Mania. Even if there's not a match, they might put them in a segment.

  18. #138
    Pony Mod

    Smooth Jazz Wolf's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Pillow Fort, Down Under
    Posts
    4,638
    Rep Power
    75619
      Country                    Australia

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Been a while - last one was around Summerslam, I think - but who's up for a Wrestlemania Roundtable?

    SURF DUDES WITH ATTITUDES
    Hangin' ten and highin' five

    Spoiler:





  19. #139
    I Think I'm Cool

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    27,780
    Rep Power
    321535
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    I could write something for it, sure.

  20. #140
    The Baby-Faced Assassain
    Michael Carrick 16's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    8466
      Country                    England

    Re: WWE WrestleMania 33 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Smooth Jazz Wolf View Post
    Been a while - last one was around Summerslam, I think - but who's up for a Wrestlemania Roundtable?
    Whats a roundtable?


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •