Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Westside Xtreme Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Westside Xtreme Wrestling General Discussion Thread ft. 16 Carat Gold

I love Starr but that sounds infuriatingly stupid. An organically long match can be great but they're setting themselves up to fail.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Rebel Heart

Status
      Country                    England

So this week I decided to jump back in on wXw because I've barely been watching it and needed to justify my monthly subscription to wXwNOW. I've found myself loving this promotion all over again. Losing Axel Dieter Jr. to NXT and presumably fucking up their long term plans for the year with Ringkampf was a bit of a hit to them, but I think they've really recovered well with the introduction of the RISE stable that is largely made up of talent that weren't regulars in wXw, plus their leader Bad Bones who now hold all the titles. There's no way I'd have ever been a fan of all these RISE wrestlers without the stable angle, and because of it it's now given wXw 5 fresh heels on their roster. Their weekly show Shotgun does a great job in telling stories and building to these monthly big shows.

Their latest big show, FAN appreciation Night 2017, I thought was really fucking good from start to finish and that's saying something considering they didn't have their MVP WALTER on the shows because he was doing the Evolve weekend. MOTN for me was a street fight between Iija Dragunov and AVALANCHE that showcased Dragunov's incredible fighting spirit yet again and I'm tipping that guy to have a breakout 2018 on the indies, most likely in the UK. The shotgun title match was a lot of fun too with 'Being The Elite's' Flip Gordon debuting in Germany taking on David Starr and Ivan Keel of RISE. Timothy Thatcher, who I think everyone knows I'm a critic of, has been great for wXw this year and had another impressive match with Bobby Guns who almost always never impresses me.

There's 2 tournaments coming up in October that look really good, the tag league especially:

Tag League 2017

Block A:
    wXw Tag Team Champions The Real Lions (Lucky Kid and Tarkan Aslan from RISE)
    A4 (Absolute Andy and Marius Al-Ani)
    MASSIVE PRODUCT (Jurn Simmons and David Starr)
    and sigh....Spirit Squad (Kenny and Mikey)

Block B:
    Ringkampf (WALTER and Timothy Thatcher)
    Dem Briscoe Brothers
    The Rottweilers (Low Ki and Homicide)
    EYFBO (Angel Ortiz and Mike Draztik from Impact Wrestling)

Block B sounds awesome.

Femmes Fatales: (single elimination women's tournament)

Toni Storm Vs Jinny
    Melanie Gray Vs Viper
    Laura Di Matteo Vs Killer Kelly (Laura's opponent was supposed to be Alpha Female who has cancelled the booking )
    Alex Windsor Vs Pauline

Also during this bumper week is Dragunov challenging Bad Bones for the title, and another Ambition show, but they aren't advertising the 2 hour ironman match anymore so maybe they've had a change of heart over that one.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

I cant say the idea of a Bad Bones lead stable interests me but holy shit at Block B. I imagine the champs go through but Id love Massive Product vs. The big three from Block B.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Last year's Global Tag was pretty good and this year's has a pretty good line up. Marking for MASSIVE PRODUCT!

Don't really get the appeal of Flip Gordon yet the guy's having a breakout year debuting in Mexico and Europe.
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Rebel Heart

Status

Notes from a huge weekend for wXw:

- The tag league was ultimately for the wXw Tag Team Champions so Ringkampf now have gold again after they overcame Massive Product in an awesome finals match. Timothy Thatcher has come on leaps and bounds with adding personality and aggression to his matches this year, he was awesome this weekend. WALTER wants to defend against Chosen Bros and Sekimoto/Okabayashi lol. The whole weekend was wrestled at a high quality outside of the Spirit Squad matches. Really would recommend these 3 shows to people.

Spoiler:

- Low Ki injured his knee right at the end of a great match against Ringkampf (think I heard torn ACL). Hell of a shame because he impressed this weekend and I definitely think he would of got called back for more wXw shows in the future if it wasn't for the injury. Because of that injury some shuffling around happened; Homicide faced Bobby Guns in a hardcore match after he mocked Low Ki's injury, and the Briscoes made an open challenge that was answered by two young guns of wXw's developmental because they couldn't wrestle their scheduled match against the Rottweilers.

- Da Mack has finally turned heel and aligned with RISE after he screwed over Iija Dragunov in his title match with Bad Bones on Night 2. This lead to an unexpected, but natural reunion of Cerberus as they all have a common enemy in RISE now (AVALANCHE was also screwed out of the Shotgun Championship on Night 1). Rise Vs Cerberus had an 8 man tag on night 3 that was pretty good. Dragunov is one of the best babyfaces in the world right now.

- In their final tag league match, Absolute Andy turned on Marius Al-Ani so A4 is no more.

- Toni Storm continued to add to her trophy cabinet by winning Femme Fatales. I haven't watched the show yet, and might not because the tournament was ravaged with injuries and pullouts, but her match with Viper I'll probably check out. She's now due a wXw Women's title shot, but that probably won't happen until 2018 because they haven't crowned the first champion yet.

- The first 3 names for the 2018 16 Carat tournament have been announced as Jeff Cobb, Travis Banks and Pentagon Jr.

- CMJ announced that on 16 Carat weekend there's going to be a special show where he has invited other promotions in Germany to come to wXw and work some matches to show what they have to offer. Cool initiative, although I'm not confident the German wrestling talent pool is that deep given how many top stars in wXw aren't German.

- Zack Sabre Jr will return to wXw at their 17th Anniversary show in December. Mad to think wXw have had such a great year, yet one of their elite talents hasn't been on any of their shows this year. Hopefully he'll make many more appearances in 2018.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I think I’ve only seen three of his matches and I think Ilja Dragunov might be the greatest pro wrestler of all time.

Resumed watching the Tag League.
    -------
    -------

Rebel Heart

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    I think I’ve only seen three of his matches and I think Ilja Dragunov might be the greatest pro wrestler of all time.

Resumed watching the Tag League.
    I think he's the most unique wrestler in the world, such an awesome babyface. His finisher is literally him just charging himself headfirst into his opponent After watching tag league and his battles against RISE, I went back and watched his 16 Carat all over again and I enjoyed every match even more, especially the Thatcher Quarter Final.

I think he'll be a breakout star on the indies in 2018, he just needs Progress or someone to bring him over to England.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I think he's the most unique wrestler in the world, such an awesome babyface. His finisher is literally him just charging himself headfirst into his opponent After watching tag league and his battles against RISE, I went back and watched his 16 Carat all over again and I enjoyed every match even more, especially the Thatcher Quarter Final.

I think he'll be a breakout star on the indies in 2018, he just needs Progress or someone to bring him over to England.
    The Walter match too, just very very good. I liked the Bad Bones match too even with the Da Mack turn. He’ll be in some bigger places in no time. His wrestling is infectious.

EYFBO and Massive Product have been the MVPs of the Tag League from what I’ve seen so far.
    -------
    -------

Rebel Heart

Status

What night are you on?

I had Massive Product/A4 neck and neck with Ringkampf/Briscoes for MOTN on night 1, but by the tournaments end Ringkampf had pulled away with MVPs because Massive Product's group is weaker.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I’ll be starting Night Three tomorrow. Ringkampf have been great as well and had a good match with Ki and Cide. I just think Massive Product are killing it in a weaker block.

Spirit Squad stick out like a sore thumb
    -------
    -------

Rebel Heart

Status

This was a sell out show for wXw in London yesterday. Cannot wait to see it, especially Massive Product Vs Ringkampf and Dragunov Vs Haskins.

Rebel Heart

Status

So in a change from the card in my previous post, Jurn Simmons was ill last weekend so couldn't make it over to London. Instead, Timothy Thatcher beat Mark Davis in an ok match, but the big news was David Starr continued his quest to finally defeat Walter by challenging him to a match on this show. Watched it this afternoon and I have to say it's right up there with some of Walter's best work all year against Dragunov and Riddle. Unless they totally edited it out, there was no David Starr long intro, it was super serious, down to business stuff from the product. Really clever match that played off their previous matches and their in-ring styles - case in point, Starr worked extensively on Walter's right hand so that Walter couldn't combo up chops, he'd hit one in desperation and then sell for 5 seconds which gave Starr a foothold in the match he's never really had before. They stole each others moves at the end of the match, and while Starr put up a great effort, he fell to a lariat from Walter. While not a blood feud, their rivalry from match to match is incredible and reminds me of Puro booking where the up and comer has to go like 10 matches with a particular guy before they score a pinfall over them. Starr is either gonna beat Walter in a 16 Carat tournament final, or he's gonna beat him to win the Unified title one day.

Also Nicky, you're gonna love Dragunov Vs Haskins if you ever get around to watching it. Very good match that would of been MOTN any other night.

Chris Brooks won the opener and declared after the match that while he hasn't been in wXw so much this year, management have invited him to be apart of the 16 Carat Tournament next March so that's entrant #4 confirmed with PENTA, Banks and Cobb.

I have no idea how this came about but Thatcher wrestled with an eye patch:

Spoiler:

Rebel Heart

Status

idc if it's just me who posts in here, wXw is great:

Status

I like wXw but I gots nuthin to post.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Mark Haskins is a great addition to the tournament. Mark Haskins is probably one of the must underrated on the Indies. Looking forwards to see how he does.

Calling it 2018 is the year of Haskins
    Kazuchika Okada "Tokuniarimasen"

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Just watched the WXW World Tag League Final. It was fantastic, the story was great, the layout of the match was good, the exchanges between WALTER ans Starr throughout the match was very good. The match just built and built to a great crescendo. One of the best tag matches I've seen this year.

Rebel Heart

Status

^ Yep, very good tag match.

I just cherry picked my way through their November pay-per-view and chalk up another great match for WALTER. Ringkampf took on Bobby Gunns and Jaxon Stone in a hardcore elimination tag team match, not the sort of match you'd expect for Ringkampf, but Bobby put a cigarette out in Thatcher's eye weeks ago (hence the eyepatch) and they're out for revenge. Thatcher shows so much aggression in the match I love it, he gets curb stomped into tacks and rises out them, tacks sticking in the bridge of his nose and screams before uppercutting Bobby Gunns to death. He's showing so much personality now.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

I saw the gif of Thatcher pull the pin out of his face. WTF, nasty but I have to admit I marked out at it. Thatcher is just great, very underrated in my opinion.

Rebel Heart

Status

6 months away, but Emma's coming to Europe. She's announced a bunch of indy dates so it looks like she's sticking with wrestling in 2018.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Good for her. Should be super interesting to she how she translates. wXw in particular is a very interesting environment for her.
    -------
    -------

Thread Information