Thread: Adrenaline Rush: Live

Hakuna Matata

Status
      Country                    United States

Adrenaline Rush: Live

As the video plays the crowd goes wild for the pyro display before the camera pans over to the commentary table.

Jim Taylor: Hello fans and welcome to Adrenaline Rush! As always I am Jim Taylor joined alongside by Tim Coleman!

Tim Coleman: The man that everyone came to see!

Jim Taylor: Whatever you say Tim, about tonight though we've got loads of action in store for tonight including that main event between LIGHTBRINGER and Krash!

Tim Coleman: The champion at ringside for the match is just the icing on the cake!

Jim Taylor: First off though we'll be kicking off the show for the High Voltage championship and earlier before the show went on the air, the champion Elijah Edwards had some words for his opponent and anyone that is doubting him

The scene opens on Michelle Kelly wearing a beautiful smile and dress.

Michelle Kelly: Good evening. I’m Michelle Kelly. Tonight, I am conducting an interview with the reigning High Voltage champion “Double E” Elijah Edwards.

The shot transitions to Elijah Edwards, holding the CWA High Voltage championship in his lap, sitting next to his agent Romeo Rollings, the sleazy grin and fancy vest being worn.

Romeo Rollings: The two time High Voltage champion, Kelly.

Michelle Kelly: My apologizes. The two time High Voltage champion. Elijah, coming up at Adrenaline Rush, you are facing Nate Savage in a rematch for the championship. Are there any nerves going into this?

Elijah Edwards: Of course not. Why would there be?

Michelle Kelly: Well… there’s no way to go about saying this…

A look of skepticism appear on the faces of both Romeo and Elijah, both awaiting to hear what Michelle Kelly has to say.

Elijah Edwards: Just come out and say, Michelle. Jeez.

Michelle Kelly: The last time you defended the High Voltage championship in your fight defense.. you lost.

Romeo is angry at this point while Elijah scoffs at Michelle’s statement. He adjusts how he’s sitting in the chair and stares directly at Michelle.

Elijah Edwards: Michelle, are you trying to say that bad luck is abound? Elijah Edwards the currently reigning, defending, undisputed High Voltage champion can’t get it done? Against Nate Savage? Right? That’s what I’m hearing? Oh, LIGHTBRINGER beat him before for the title. He’s going to choke again. Lightening will NOT strike twice, Michelle. I’m insulted- no infuriated that you would insinuate something as stupid as that.

Michelle Kelly: I’m just curious if that has crossed your mind at all. Nothing to be ashamed of… but the biggest criticism against you is that you can’t win when under high pressure situations.

Elijah Edwards: I can’t? Really? I beat Jonathan McGinnis when no one thought I could. I beat Craig Owens to win my first ever championship in my career and CWA. I dismantled the Connors when they threatened to dismantle the CWA. I’m not some scrub, Michelle. I didn’t just luck into success, I’ve created it. For you, or anybody else for that matter, to suggest that I didn’t earn this- that I don’t deserve this- is sadly mistaken. If anything, you should be thanking. You, right here and now, should be down on your hands and knees paying tribute to me for bringing this championship back from possible obscurity. For—

Romeo Rollings: I think what my client is trying to say is-

Elijah Edwards: No! You don’t speak for me right now. I’m saying what I mean and I mean what I’m saying. As I was starting to say, Michelle von Horrowitz could have destroyed this championship by walking out with it. LIGHTBRINGER used it as a pit stop before this company rolled out the red carpet for him to meet Snowmantashi for the World Heavyweight title. Nate Savage isn’t going to bring this title to new heights. Nate Savage isn’t going to give this championship prestige and the honor it deserves. I will. I am the man who entered second in the Wrestle Royale and was in the final five. As far as I’m concerned, I am the FRANCHISE of this organization. I will be the franchise player. I will show the entire world why I will go down in history as the greatest High Voltage champion in CWA history. This interview is over.

Elijah rips the microphone off and storms out, leaving Romeo Rollings and Michelle Kelly left baffled and stunned.

"Cut the Cord" begins to play and as the intro kicks in Nate Savage steps out looking angry and focused, ignoring the mixed reaction he's receiving from the fans as he walks down to the ring.

Jim Taylor: Nate Savage looks to be in a foul mood tonight

Tim Coleman: In other news, water is wet! Way to point out the obvious Jimbo! Can you blame the man? He lost his High Voltage Championship and then the following week he lost to Krash!

Jim Taylor: After trying to cheat to win

Tim Coleman: It's not cheating if you don't get caught!

Jim Taylor: Well he did Tim and it cost him, but tonight he gets a chance for some retribution as he looks to regain the High Voltage Championship

"Icky Thump" rings out and the crowd lets out a roaring, positive response for the champion, Elijah Edwards. He stands on stage and stares out at the sea of rabid fans before make his way towards the ring with his title wrapped snug around his waist.

Jim Taylor: Elijah is still looking a bit banged up after Wrestle-Royale but he's still ready and raring to go for a fight tonight

Tim Coleman: He better be ready because the mood that Nate is in, well one false move and it's over for Elijah!

Jim Taylor: Well he did show a bit of attitude during his interview before the break, so we'll see if that'll come into play during this match

Tim Coleman: He'll need it and more if he wants to defeat Nate!

Elijah enters the ring and stands across from Nate, both men eyeing each other with ill intent in mind for one another.

Lindsay Monahan: The following contest is set for one fall and it for the CWA High Voltage Championship! Introducing first the challenger from Philadelphia, PA and weighing in at two hundred & sixty-six pounds, "Nasty" Nate Savage!

Another mixed reaction for Savage as he remains in the corner leaning his back into it.

Lindsay Monahan: And his opponent from Toronto, Ontario, Canada and weighing in tonight at two hundred & twenty-one pounds, he is the CWA High Voltage Champion, "Double E" Elijah Edwards!

A roaring cheer for Elijah as he hands over his championship belt to Karl Rooney, who holds it aloft before handing it over to the ringside area and as he's doing this Nate explodes from his corner and blindsides Elijah with stiff forearm strikes to the head, giving the referee no choice but to call for the bell.

DING! DING!

CWA High Voltage Championship Match
    Nate Savage vs. Elijah Edwards (c)

Nate continues to lay into Elijah, keeping him backed into the corner as he drills several more forearm strikes that seem to have Elijah stunned. Nate backs away and comes barreling towards Elijah with intents on hitting a huge running splash, but Elijah sidesteps him and Nate crashes chest first in the corner knocking the wind out of himself momentarily and giving Elijah some momentum as he now strikes Nate with a sharp elbow to the head knocking him back into the corner now. Elijah unloads with more elvow strikes leaving the challenger with a glazed over look in his eyes, and he takes Savage from the corner and hits him with a snap double underhook suplex! Savage bounces off the mat back first and he clutches his lower spine on his knees allowing Elijah to apply a chinlock, and just as Savage tries to break free it's Elijah who strikes back with a hard fist to the face bringing Savage on all fours now. Elijah with a soccer kick that drills Savage in the gut as he falls on his side, and Savage crawls to the nearest corner where Elijah backs up some and runs in at Nate looking for a facewash but Nate narrowly avoids the attack as he rolls out of the way and finds his way back to a vertical base where he manages to grapple Elijah from behind and drives him to the mat with a sleeper suplex! Both men lay on the mat now catching their breath...

Jim Taylor: Some heavy action going on in the early goings and already Savage is getting more than he bargained for as Elijah is showing a more aggressive side

Tim Coleman: Yeah but now Nate has managed to turn the match in his favor and he looks to keep it that way

Nate stumbles a bit to his feet before running and crushes Elijah with a running senton and hooking the far leg...

One...TW-NO!

Savage keeps Elijah grounded with an STF submission hold, cranking back and keeping the hold tightly locked in on Elijah, who is desperately to reach out for the bottom rope but to no avail. Elijah manages to roll himself over and out of the hold and transitions into a pin attempt...

One..TW-NO

Savage kicks out and rolls way back to his feet but he's clobbered by a thunderous bicycle kick from Elijah and drops to the mat. Elijah then applies a heel hook submission, wrenching back on Nate's heel as he now reaches out for the bottom rope in desperation and manages to do so therefore breaking the hold. Elijah goes to pick up Nate but Nate fires back with an elbow to the midsection and hits Elijah with a double underhook DDT followed by a pin...

One...TW-NO!

Nate is beginning to grow frustrated now and berates Karl Rooney.

Jim Taylor: Savage wasting time here arguing with the referee

Tim Coleman: He's telling that idiot how to do his job!

Jim Taylor: Well he should let the man do his job and focus on his opponent instead!

Nate turns around in time for Elijah to catch him off guard with a surprise inside cradle!

One...TW-NO!

Jim Taylor: All of that bickering with the referee nearly bit Nate in the backside!

Nate looks more irate than ever as he goes to kick a recovering Elijah in the midsection, but Elijah moves out of the way and hits Nate with a massive spinebuster! The ring shakes upon impact and both men lay on the mat in a heap. Soon Elijah begins to stir and brings himself to his feet and brings Nate back looking for what looks like From Toronto With Love, but Nate blocks it and knees Elijah in the midsection and sends Elijah crashing to the mat with a package fallaway powerbomb! Nate is about ready to end it...

The familiar theme of Christian Quinn rings out through the arena stopping Nate from what he was about to do as he turns his attention towards the entry way, and begins to yell obscenities at Quinn, who is nowhere to be seen

Tim Coleman: Where is he?!

Savage turns around where Elijah is ready for him and this time hits FROM TORONTO WITH LOVE into the pin!

One...two...THREE!

Lindsay Monahan: The winner of the match and STILL the CWA High Voltage Champion, Elijah Edwards!

Tim Coleman: That lousy bum Quinn just cost Savage the title!

Jim Taylor: Quinn obviously playing mind games with Savage, but maybe Savage shouldn't have taken his eye off the ball

Tim Coleman: Oh can it, Jimbo! This isn't right!

Elijah is handed his title and celebrates his win as he makes his exit, while Savage remains in the ring and comes to and is livid as to what just occured.

*COMMERCIAL*

Jim Taylor: Welcome back, folks! We have Shawn Summers here for the next match. The man has given some thoughts recently on women facing men and he was called out by Shannon O'Neal on the last Adrenaline Rush show.

The feed shows Shawn Summers sitting at the announcer's table with a headset on and ready to call the match. He has a dapper suit and tie on, since he's not wrestling, and sort of scoffs at Jim's assessment.

Shawn Summers: Shannon O'Neal did not call me out, Jim. I want you to stop spreading FAKE NEWS. Shannon pitched a little girlie fit and I shut her down with the first word out of my mouth. We'll see what happens tonight when she faces a male competitor, for real.

"The Ultimate Fanboy" Leo Taylor's theme music begins as the crowd rises to its feet to cheer for "Dance Dance" by Fallout Boy. Leo Taylor comes out wearing a green wrestling jacket and tights along with styling sunglasses with a green border around them. Leo Taylor heads to the ring as the announcers hype his performance in the WrestleRoyale event but mention a loss to Shawn Summers on Fight Night.

Jim Taylor: uh oh! Here we gooooo!

Shannon O'Neal sort of bounces in her walk out through the arena entrance before jumping to the "Jump, Jump, Jump, Jump" part of the song and sprinting down the rampway to the ring with a flurry of energy. Her hat is directed to the side and her black T-shirt says, "Queen of the Free."

Jim Taylor: Shannon O'Neal! The former star from, as she calls it, "Elsewhere Land." A two-time Women's Champion. Formerly called "The Queen of Diamonds." And she has come into the CWA and made an IMMEDIATE mark.

Shawn Summers: She looks like one of those hipsters I keep hearing about.

Shannon slides into the ring as Leo Taylor even bobs his head to the theme music. Shannon steps up to the bottom rope and props her knee up on the middle rope and sticks out her tongue at the thousands of fans inside the arena, which is floored with cheers for CWA's newest female addition to the roster.

Shannon O'Neal vs. "The Ultimate Fanboy" Leo Taylor

The two circle the ring for about 10 seconds before coming together in a strong grapple. Leo overpowers Shannon into the nearby turnbuckle before delivering a few body shots to the stomach. Leo then whips Shannon across the ring to the opposite corner but Shannon lands a back elbow to a charging Leo. Shannon hops up to the second turnbuckle and leaps off for a crossbody, but Leo lands a BEAUTIFUL dropkick to the mid-air Shannon's exposed ribs!

Shawn Summers: THIS ... THIS is why you don't have women wrestling men.

Leo hits a nice snap suplex and tries a quick cover, but Shannon kicks out at just before a two count. Leo brings Shannon up as he says, "OK. OK." Shannon breaks free from the side headlock and applies a back arm hold. Leo can't connect on a few forearms and elbows swung backwards and Shannon lands a swift kick to the side of Leo's shin once. Twice. Thrice! Then a nice neckbreaker in the middle of the ring! Shannon lands a few quick leg drops and elbow drops in succession, two each, before hooking the far leg!
    ....................1.........................2.Kick out!

Leo comes to his feet on his own but Shannon shoves him back into the turnbuckle with a surprising amount of power. The crowd cheers as Shannon looks at Shawn and points at him. Then she lands a flurry of right hands into the stomach of a cornered Leo Taylor! The crowd cheers as Shannon walks Leo out to the center of the ring and attempts a backbreaker! But Leo tightens around the neck and counters into a crossface submission!!!

Leo keeps Shannon in the middle of the ring and has her in trouble! Shannon reaches for the nearby ropes, hoping for a bit of salvation. She begins pushing herself up and inching closer. Closer. Closer. Leo Taylor tightens and applies more pressure but Shannon finally lunges one more time and grabs the bottom rope by an inch!!!

Shawn Summers: Shannon is spent. This is what happens when you face a male! This is why I say what I say!

Shannon struggles to her feet after taking a lot of pain in her spine. Leo lands a few stomps into that area. He finally allows her to get upright, only to quickly whip her to the ropes and land an arm drag. Then it's an enzuiguri that stuns Shannon enough to have her stumble into the ropes and bounce off. Leo finally lands a gutwrench suplex that plants Shannon into the middle of the ring! He covers!
    .....................1.......................2..............NO!

Shannon is really taking a lot. Leo stalks her a bit from around the ring and hits his comedic big boot that pushes Shannon backwards and into the nearby turnbuckle! The crowd cheers as Shannon can barely stay upright. Leo then runs to the opposite side of the ring and sprints forward, trying his cannonball maneuver! But Shannon catches him by the knees with a sudden burst of energy and strength and tosses Leo back for a snake eyes move to the turnbuckle!!!

Shannon seizes the moment and races off the ropes and hits a bulldog! Then it's a run off the ropes and a head-scissors takedown to stun Leo. Then it's a run off the ropes and a running forearm than knocks Leo Taylor down!!!

Jim Taylor: What do you think of this, Shawn?!

Shawn Summers: No one said Shannon wasn't a great women's wrestler. She has spunk. But she is in over her head. And she hasn't won anything yet.

Right as Shawn says that, Shannon races off the ropes and tries her "Paradise City" bicycle kick!!! Leo Taylor evades it by moving his head out the way and hits a Pele kick! Shannon is stunned back into the turnbuckle, giving Leo a chance to do his "Dance Dance Revolution" dance moves. He points to Shannon after, and Shannon charges for a clothesline but misses. Leo then hits a kick to the gut and attempts the "Spirit Bomb" powerbomb!

But Shannon hops off the shoulders and lands a backslide pin!

.................1....................2............NO!

Both are up, and Leo lands a double leg takedown and flips Shannon for the "Future Lock 2017!" But Shannon rolls back to her stomach and lands a swift kick right to the side of Leo's head!!! The crowd is stunned as Shannon kicks up immediately. And then lands a kick to the gut and a "Paradise City" bicycle kick!!! Shannon covers!

........3!

Jim Taylor: SHANNON WINS! What a moment! Shannon gets the pinfall victory against Leo Taylor!

Shawn Summers: I beat Leo Taylor. This proves nothing.

Winner: Shannon O'Neal[/QUOTE]

Jim Taylor begins announcing that Shawn Summers has removed his headset and is walking out of the arena without saying anything more. The crowd cheers Shannon's victory, but she notices Shawn leaving and immediately gets a microphone.

"Yo. Yo. I gotta' few things to say to that sunovabitch walkin' out with his tail between his damn legs!"

The crowd cheers loudly as Shannon looks and points over the ropes. Shawn then turns around and gives a standing ovation, sarcastically clapping for her from the entrance rampway. Shannon looks on from the ring, a bit peeved at the reaction. Shawn continues clapping, louder and louder each time. Shawn then makes a hand motion that he's done with this and turns again and begins walking out.

"How was that? Good enuf for ya' to give me a match? Or too much and now ya' scared of me? Ya' don't wanna fight? Ya' don't wanna put ya' mouth to ya' ass? Ya' ain't got a spine, right? All ya' do is talk and talk and talk and all I see is ya' wastin' talent for nothin' and denyin' people who work for their talent real chances.

I bet if I had a World title shot, I wouldn'ta pissed it all away like ya' did!"

This statement gets Shawn to pause, stop right in his tracks, and turn his head back to glare at Shannon.

"Ya. I bet that got ya a bit, right in the gut. Pissed off. Seethin'. Well, that's how I feel every damn time I think 'bout someone like ya' holdin' up the flag as a star in CWA, as someone to look to, someone to admire, someone to consider a reason to watch every damn show! Ya' lost the World Championship 'cause ya' f*****' get everythin' easy and pick 'n' choose who ya' gotta face until ya' get to a spot where ya' can't pick anymore and ya' lose.

I'm here. Pick me, Shawn. Pick me. I'm just a frail, weak little gal. Pick me. Hell, we can do an arm-wrestlin' match. Or a home run derby. Or a 50-yard sprint. Whatever ya' want. Let me PROVE to ya' that I AM WHAT I SAY I AM ... and that YA' ARE WHAT I SAY YA' ARE, nothin' more than a scared little b**** who runs from real fights and pissed away his only chance to be somethin' MORE."

Shannon O'Neal drops the microphone as the crowd ERUPTS with cheers, watching her step back from the ropes and hold her hands up as if to say silently, "Come at me, bro" to Shawn. The hated heel stands atop the rampway silently, staring daggers into the ring where Shannon stands and taunts him.

Shawn removes his blazer jacket and unbuttons his shirt cuffs, rolling up his sleeves as he slowly begins to make his way back down to the ring. A dark almost, deranged feeling can be seen in Shawns eyes as he continues to make his way down the ramp, not breaking focus with Shannon O'Neal who continues to taunt him.

Jim Taylor: Is it me or does something look a little off with Summers right now?

Tim Coleman: Shannon O'Neal wanted to get the attention of the "God King" and now she's got it. She wanted to get under his skin, piss him off, get him to take her seriously and I think she may have gotten a little bit more than she can handle.

Shawn enters the ring and approaches Shannon O'Neal. Shannon takes a step back to create a little space between the two, but Shawn continues to get closer and closer to her. Eventually, Shawn has Shannon backed into the corner of the ring. He puts his hand out in a gesture to "ask for the microphone". Shannon laughs and drops the mic in front of Shawn before hopping up on the top turnbuckle and getting comfortable.

Shawn Summers: What's your problem Shannon? I only ask that because you come into CWA and inject your nose in business that doesn't concern you.
    Me and my world championship aspiration have absolutely nothing to do with you. The opportunities that I've EARNED here in CWA have absolutely nothing to do with you. But, even though my career has absolutely nothing to do with your career, you continue to run your mouth and bad mouth me and for what? So you can get recognized? You wanna be recognized Shannon? You want your name to be in the discussion about CWA and the wrestlers that compete for the company. Congratulations, because you got what you wanted sweetheart.

People are definitely talking and it's not
    hte type of people that you want talking because they're the type of people that can shut things down really quick. You've got the FCC talking about you. You've got them asking, why this girl...oh yea they refer to you as a girl and not
    a woman because your actions aren't something that a woman would do. A woman is much more mature and you're definitely not mature at all. The FCC is asking, why this girl is coming out to the ring and basically shouting profanity not suitable for the TV rating that our show gets. After your little speech here tonight, I'm sure CWA will be getting a nice little fine here soon. You've got the CWA board of directors asking our general manager why he agreed to sign ANOTHER GIRL to our roster after the sick beating that Michelle Von Horowitz suffered? You've got Women's groups asking why the hell you're advocating for men to legally abuse women?

You wanted a reputation? Well you've definitely got one now. And it's not the type of reputation that any girl, woman, boy, or man would want. You're pathetic, trailer park trash trying to make it in a industry where trailer park trash isn't accepted anymore. Wrestling has evolved from a side show but apparently you didn't get the memo.

Shawn backs away from Shannon and laughs at her as she continues to sit comfortably on the top rope.

Shawn Summers: You wanted my attention and you want to prove yourself to me? I'll humor your challenge just to prove a point. We'll do a best-three-out-of-five competition. I'll decide the contest and I'll let you prove yourself, since it means so damn much to you. But when this is all over, you stay out of my business and remain in the place of a little girl in a
    mans business. Oh and this little competition, it starts next week. Hope to see you there.

Shawn extends his hand with the microphone in it and drops the mic as "Cola" By Lana Del Rey blares through the arena and the scene fades to black.

*COMMERCIAL*

♫ The line it is drawn
    The curse it is cast

"I've been gone for too long...."

The slow one now
    Will later be fast

"As everything changes...."
    "CHANGE IS A CONSTANT!"

As the present now
    Will later be past

"But so is the fact that I'm THE BEST!!!"
    "PROVEN ALREADY!"

The order is
    Rapidly fadin'

"I take back my throne"
    "IT'S MINE!"

A sign which looks to be have stepped on, major foot prints all across it reads

"The God Is Alive"

"I'm The God....
    The **** God"

And the first one now
    Will later be last

For the times they are a-changin'.

THE GOD IS ALIVE!
    Singles Match
    LIGHTBRINGER w/BoBo vs. Krash

“Sword of Destiny” blasts through the P.A. system and the fans, hurried into a chorus, roar “KAIJU!” repeatedly at the top of their lungs. The CWA World Heavyweight Champion, Jon Snowmantashi, walks down the ramp with a stoic expression and makes his way down ringside where he’s given a headset alongside Jim Taylor and Tim Coleman.

Lindsay Monahan: Ladies and gentleman, the following is the main event of the night and it is set for one fall, first, from Melbourne, Australia, weighing in at 205 pounds, The White Wolf… KRAAAAASH!

The arena is dimmed into darkness, a single spotlight on Krash as the stage explodes in a series of pyrotechnics and “The Kill” echoes through the arena.

Jim Taylor: It wasn’t long ago that you, Snowmantashi, faced that very man in the main event of King’s Reign Supreme to become 2016’s Ruler of the Ring.

Tim Coleman: If I do say so myself, he hasn’t really been the same since.

Jim Taylor: Some say he hasn’t been the same since his return.

Jon Snowmantashi: Unh. I am impressed he is still fighting.

Krash takes his time to endear himself to the fans with high fives on either side of the ramp. He goes around the ring and takes a moment to stop and stare at the champion who looks back blankly. He hops onto the apron and then over the ropes onto the second turnbuckle. He scans the crowd, points at select posters, gives one last glance to Snowmantashi then hops back off.

Tim Coleman: I think he’s got his eyes set on the title, champ.

Jim Taylor: But he’ll have to wait, the first man in line for a shot is his opponent tonight!

Lindsay Monahan: And his opponent, from Tokyo, Japan… weighing in at 230 pounds… he is your 2016 Wrestle Royale winner… TOKYO-KISAI… LIGHTBRINGEEEEEEEEEER!

“Light bringer” echoes through the arena and LIGHTBRINGER himself steps through the curtains with his manager, BoBo at his side.

Tim Coleman: I hope you and that bulldog LIGHTBRINGER calls a manager can be kept apart.

Jon Snowmantashi: Unh. I don’t want LIGHTBRINGER to be distracted by his broken friend when we fight.

Jim Taylor: Any predictions on who comes out of this match with the victory.

Jon Snowmantashi: LIGHTBRINGER. He knows he has no hope of beating me if he cannot beat the broken heart of CWA. He will make sure he wins.

LIGHTBRINGER makes his way into the ring, only giving Krash a cursory glance as he stands in the dead center and spreads his arms out. The camera zooms way out at the sight of the number one contender. Krash is deadly focused looking at LB and unmoving from his corner. LIGHTBRINGER backs up to his own corner, exchanging a few words with BoBo and only a momentary glance with Snowmantashi. The referee takes care to warn BoBo to stay on the entrance ramp side of the ring.

Singles Match

Krash vs. LIGHTBRINGER

Krash circles about the ring, ready to lock up but LIGHTBRINGER approaches the dead center of it and offers a handshake. Krash is the smaller man here, and knows that if LIGHTBRINGER decides to be dishonorable, it could cost him in the long run. The fans egg him on into shaking it and he ultimately does shake it - but LIGHTBRINGER holds on before he can let go, and Krash, with all that experience in mind, saw it coming, a forearm crashes into LB’s jaw, sending him stumbling back.

Tim Coleman: What a cheap shot by Krash!

Krash doesn’t stop, backing LB into the corner, he unloads forearm after forearm. Drilling LB until the man has his arms up to try and defend himself. The referee forces Krash to back up and he respectfully does. The glare in LB is evident, he wasn’t expected to be upstaged in the match, let alone so early. Krash has the thinnest of grins. The two circle about for a more genuine start to the match. LB is quick to drop around behind Krash if they lock up and trip him up. He twists and turns atop Krash, trying to get leverage but gets an elbow straight to the face that sends him rolling away. Infuriated by it, he comes back with a dropkick straight to the head of crawling Krash. He lifts Krash up and chops him straight into the chest. Krash backs into a corner, holding onto a redenned chest. LB does it again. Krash, angered, turns the situation around to force LB in the corner and unleashes his own chop that LB grits his teeth at. Again, situation reversal, CHOP!

Jim Taylor: These two men are trying to prove to each other, who can chop the hardest.

Jon Snowmantashi: I chop harder than both.

As if hearing that, Krash gets his own chance at another chop that echoes arena wide. He wants to go for a second straight but LB blocks it, European Uppercut. He grabs him by the arm, irish whip, drops to force Krash to hop over him and on the return, picture perfect dropkick straight to the head of Krash. Hook of the leg!

ONE…

T-KICK OUT!

LB transitions seamlessly into a headlock. He takes his time wrenching at the head but a loud “KRASH! KRASH! KRASH!” chant motivates the beating heart into getting to his feet, and then hurrying back to ram LB into the turnbuckle. He stumbles a bit forward, holding his head after the headlock, but that’s a bad mistake. LB rushes forward, SNAP GERMAN SUPLEX. BRIDGED THROUGH!

ONE…

TWO…

THR-

KICK OUT!

Jim Taylor: We almost saw an early finish.

Tim Coleman: He took his eyes of the prize!

Krash rolls out of the count and onto his feet, stumbling back into the ropes and upon bouncing off, RUNNING LARIAT damn well takes LB’s head off. He falls onto the back of his head, feet up. Krash causes him to roll through onto his knees, ROUNDHOUSE KICK TO THE BACK OF LB’s head. Krash drops to his knees and pulls LB onto his back and hooks the leg.

ONE…

TWO…

KICK OUT!

Krash isn’t deterred. He hits a forearm to make sure LB is down and then goes over to the top turnbuckle. He takes a second to climb and that’s too much of a second, the fans go crazy as LB is up on his feet and hits a DROPKICK TO THE HEAD OF KRASH who is on top of the turnbuckle.

Jim Taylor: I have never in my life seen a dropkick of that elevation.

Tim Coleman: And thank God too, if Krash had hit The Kill, it might’ve been all over.

Krash fell right off the turnbuckle and at ringside. He lies writhing on the mat and a roadside agent checks up on him. The crowd roars loudly and the agent looks up to see LB telling him to move aside. LB spares a glance at Snowmantashi at the announce table behind the downed body of Krash. He pulls down on the rope and SLINGSHOT SENTON INTO THE OUTSIDE! Krash holds onto his gut in pain and even LB takes a moment to recuperate before hopping onto the announce table. He spreads his arms wide and again the camera zooms out, basking in the glory of the Wrestle Royale winner.

That’s a grave mistake. Krash, on a knee, pulls at LB’s leg and he crashes face first into the announce table. The two of them take a moment to recuperate but get up at just about the same time. LB hits a forearm that causes Krash to stumble, he hits a kick to the gut and SNAP SUPLEX INTO THE APRON! That has to hurt LB’s back. Krash lifts LB’s lifeless body into the and hooks the leg…

ONE!

TWO!

THR-KICK OUT!

But that took a lot of energy out of LB. Krash wipes his face of sweat and watches as LB uses the turnbuckle to get up, his back turned to Krash. Krash remorselessly charges, double knees into the back of Tokyo-Kisai! LB hangs there, both arms draped over the ropes keep him down. All the better for Krash, he charges, SHOTGUN DROPKICK into the back of LB.

Jim Taylor: LIGHTBRINGER has to protect his back.

Tim Coleman: I think if Krash doesn’t take advantage of it, the man right next to me has already pinpointed that weakness.

Jon Snowmantashi: Unh.

Still, LB hangs from the turnbuckle. Krash approaches slowly this time, jumps and BACKCRACKER. He holds on! REVERSE DISCORDANT SERENITY. He’s choking the life out of LB but LB is desperately moving around to avoid the body scissors. He’s blocking the legs at each Krash attempt to seal the deal. A thought seems to overcome him and he catches one leg and tugs at it viciously. Caught aback, Krash lets go and it’s a terrible mistake, LB smoothly transitiosn into the CALF KILLER! He’s wrenching at the leg, his shaking back and forth like he’s having a seizure. Krash is defiant, telling the referee he refuses to give in. He twists on his body and FOREARM into LB’s face. LB stops the submission and brings a hand to his lips for just a tinge of blood and returns a european uppercut. FOREARM. UPPERCUT. FOREARM. CHOP.

Low kick to the gut. It breaks the momentum as LB doubles over. Roundhouse kick to the chest. SUPER KICK STRAIGHT TO THE JAW. That’s a Krash Kourse into striking with The White Wolf. Krash closes in on LB but EUROPEAN UPPERCUT. Krash is backed up, LB comes at him, FOREARM! FOREARM! FOREARM! FOREARM! SUPERMAN FOREARM! LB stumbles back, Krash stumbles back. LB HITS A KNEE STRIKE WITH SUCH AGGRESSION BOTH MEN GO TUMBLING TO THE OUTSIDE. Both of these men are sprawled outside but it’s the man who dished that knee strike who gets up first. He climbs onto the apron. Measures his opponent. And then climbs onto the turnbuckle.

Jim Taylor: This doesn’t look good for either of them!

Tim Coleman: He’s going to take that high risk move knowing he has a World title match in the main event of the biggest show of the year?!

Jon Snowmantashi: Unh!

LB waits for Krash to get up - DIVING KNEE STRIKE FROM THE TOP TURNBUCKLE TO THE OUTSIDE. That hurt LB too who writhes around holding his knee but is very well aware that he has to take advantage of this now. He struggles to his feet and has to lift up Krash into the ring all on his own. He doesn’t go for the pinfall when he gets in but instead helps Krash onto his feet. He lifts him up and places him on his shoulders. He has him for the TOMBSTONE PILEDRIVER - BUT KRASH SLIPS FROM BEHIND. SUPERKICK TO THE BACK OF LB!

LB’s face is a picture of agony as he drops to his knees and then to his front.

Tim Coleman: I think Krash snapped LB’s spine! We’re gonna lose our main eventer at Five Star Attraction.

Jon Snowmantashi: UNH.

Krash walks over to the top turnbuckle and slowly makes his way to the top. His breath heaves up and down.

Jim Taylor: He’s going for The Kill straight onto the back of LB!

Tim Coleman: Literally!

Jon Snowmantashi: UNH!

KRASH JUMPS AND HITS THE KILL! But LB had enough energy to roll onto his back. Make no mistake, it minimizes the damage to his back but The Kill has put many people away the ordinary way. Krash hooks the leg.

ONE!

TWO!

THREEE- ROPE BREAK.

LB holds onto the rope with one hand and Krash is quite sincerely heartbroken at the sight.

Jim Taylor: You have got to wonder, if LIGHTBRINGER would have had the presence of mind, or even the energy, to reach over for that rope, if he had taken The Kill straight to his back.

Krash grabs the ropes to get himself back up and must be wondering at what he’ll need to do to put away the Wrestle Royale winner. He stumbles over to LB who is taking all too long to get back up and LB’s go wide when Krash’s arm wrap around his waist and he’s slowly lifted up, RELEASE GERMAN SUPLEX! Krash has the face of a man at war as he gets back up, but that face turns into sheer face. LB HAS GOTTEN BACK UP INSTANTLY, BRIDGING GERMAN SUPLEX!!!

ONE!

NO, LIGHTBRINGER’s BACK DOESN’T HOLD UP!

Jim Taylor: I think Krash may well have been saved by his earlier efforts. With his neck, I wager he would not have kicked out of a pin like that.

LIGHTBRINGER and Krash are both on the mat sprawled out and the referee begins the count to see if he will have to render this a double knock out.

Soon however both men begin to stir with Krash being the first to stumble to his feet and soon it's LB rising up with a stumble as well. LB out of instinct grabs Krash by the wrist looking to end the match with the LIGHTBRINGER LARIAT but Krash senses it and ducks underneath and drills LIGHTBRINGER with a pele kick that drops him back to the mat. Krash heads up top now and soars off hitting THE KILL! He drops down on top of LB for the pin while on the outside it's BoBo placing LIGHTBRINGER's foot on the rope yet the referee doesn't notice...

One...two...THREE!

Lindsay Monahan: The winner of the match, Krash!

Tim Coleman: His foot was on the rope!

Jim Taylor: Put there by BoBo!

Tim Coleman: It doesn't matter!

Jim Taylor: The referee never saw it Tim!

Krash has his hand raised in victory and goes to leave as LB is helped back up by BoBo. LB rushes over to the referee and says his foot was on the rope, but referee Yamaguchi cannot reverse the decision as he did not see it.

Jim Taylor: LIGHTBRINGER obviously frustrated but he lost the match

BoBo begins to berate the referee and LIGHTBRINGER allows it to happen, soon chiming in with BoBo when Snowmantashi enters the ring and breaks it up and stares down LIGHTBRINGER. BoBo keeping LIGHTBRINGER held back as the two warriors stare each other down as the show comes to a close.

*END SHOW*

Match credits
    Jimmy King: Savage vs Edwards, finish to the main event
    TGO: Shannon vs Leo
    Jon Legend: LIGHTBRINGER vs Krash

Promos
    Gambit
    TGO
    Comeback Kid
    Willis

Graphics
    Jon Legend
    Pizza Dog
    Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Re: Adrenaline Rush: Live

Opening Segment: Good way to get Elijah over right away. I enjoyed him taking the lead at the end and shutting down Romeo. Also that hinted at future divisiveness down the road between the manager and wrestler. I do think there should've been more time between this segment and the match itself. Should've had more time to settle in versus getting everything related to Elijah done right off the bat in the first two segments. But that's a small gripe.

The match itself was fine. Back and forth action with Elijah mostly controlling it. Christian Quinn's theme music hitting does the job, distracting Nate enough to take the L without looking terribly weak.

Shannon has the best theme music in wrestling right now.

The match with Leo was good but Shawn's commentary did boost it a good bit. Solid back-and-forth match with Shannon looking really strong at the expense of Leo. After the earlier match with a dirty finish, you needed a clean finish here. And with the angle, it's good Shannon got a W against a male. But Leo is gonna need some rehab after this show. It can be done, but it's still the downside of it. I think a #HEELTURN is in order here.

The segment after was great and one of the show's highlights. Easily. Not saying it cause I did it but it was really good and this is a great feud. And nothing else on the show had the same initiative. It's different, not the usual "I hate you, you hate me, let's bust knuckles" feud. This has a bit of moral/ethical/personal-beliefs depth to it. Shannon is really the aggressor in terms of engaging and starting the arguments. She seems like "the attacker," but it's attacking questionable views or at least polarizing ones. Shawn is more the attackee so I can see some siding with him for that reason. To make it a bit more clear, I think Shawn might need to become more of an instigator in this feud in the next few segments to become a clearer "heel." He could become one of the greatest classic heels I've seen in e-fedding. He's got potential to be the best heel across CWA or FWA. Just needs to be a bit more aggressive in instigating and starting shit. The "competitions' idea is good, unique, outside the box.

Don't know this "God is Alive" thing or CWA history but it's intriguing. Not much else to say.

The main event was exciting and clearly the MOTN. Good showing for both wrestlers and the ending did enough to put Krash over without completely putting down LB. Still think Krash comes out of this looking great. I think the post-match stuff was a great opportunity for LB and Snow to do more than an innocent staredown. But I think that's more due to the rest of the show being a bit too tame across the board.

Overall: Decent show for what it was. The matches themselves were good. Two of three finishes being dirty was ... let's just say it would be a problem, to me, if all three were dirty. The show just didn't have any real fire behind it aside from the Shannon-Shawn segment and that wasn't enough on its own to give the show the proper "punch." No post-match scuffle. No brawl. Nothing that makes me feel anything here is "personal." Although Shawn-Shannon is at least crossing that bridge at a pretty good pace. Biggest complaint for the show, the CWA as a whole, and the people in the CWA is to add more fire behind your involvement here. Add more spice to your characters, their feuds, etc. If you don't have a feud, then find another person without a feud and build a hot angle that can elevate the fed. Again, this is the first CWA show I've read in full in quite some time, so maybe this is a HUGE anomaly, but from reading this, there's nothing about the CWA aside from Shannon-Shawn and Elijah's own efforts to get himself over that makes me think anyone is going the extra effort to help the mods make a well-rounded, balanced, in-depth, fun, exciting show. Right now, very little has any flair or excitement. Look in the mirror to fix that.
    Last edited by The Golden One; 02-02-2017 at 11:38 PM.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Overall: Decent show for what it was. The matches themselves were good. Two of three finishes being dirty was ... let's just say it would be a problem, to me, if all three were dirty. The show just didn't have any real fire behind it aside from the Shannon-Shawn segment and that wasn't enough on its own to give the show the proper "punch." No post-match scuffle. No brawl. Nothing that makes me feel anything here is "personal." Although Shawn-Shannon is at least crossing that bridge at a pretty good pace. Biggest complaint for the show, the CWA as a whole, and the people in the CWA is to add more fire behind your involvement here. Add more spice to your characters, their feuds, etc. If you don't have a feud, then find another person without a feud and build a hot angle that can elevate the fed. Again, this is the first CWA show I've read in full in quite some time, so maybe this is a HUGE anomaly, but from reading this, there's nothing about the CWA aside from Shannon-Shawn and Elijah's own efforts to get himself over that makes me think anyone is going the extra effort to help the mods make a well-rounded, balanced, in-depth, fun, exciting show. Right now, very little has any flair or excitement. Look in the mirror to fix that.
    On two fronts with this. On one hand, the "no post-match scuffle. no brawl." thing, my reply is easily: that's unnecessary. You can tell stories within the ring, you don't need to go outside of it. In the main event, Krash is facing the Wrestle Royale winner and one of the best young guys in the business, Krash himself is almost a broken down veteran. The story alone here is Krash trying to keep up, and keeping up with the Five Star Attraction headliner. This match alone (not the writing itself) has the "punch", the "fire" that you need out of a wrestling show. Going forward, you now have Krash knowing he got one over on LB, you have LB knowing he had to cheat to even try to win (albeit failed), you now have people keeping an eye out on BoBo who unlike Himawari, isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, you have Krash back into the title picture with a win against arguably the #2 guy against CWA, you have LB's upcoming PPV match looking very uncertain after he couldn't beat Broken Krash. All of that, one match, no significant shenanigans as a result.

Elijah Edwards & Nate Savage is a High Voltage Championship match, on its own, again, it carries a story. Now beyond this being Elijah Edwards first means of redemption, we get a lot more, though part of this is thanks to Christian Quinn's interference. First we get a Savage/Quinn possible setup (I'll admit Shake, I don't know if you can handle that many characters), next we have the Savage/Edwards rematch way down the line because Edwards knows he didn't win clean, after that we also have the fact that Edwards will be uncertain of his win and his second title reign already, and wonder if he can win it next time.

Shannon O'Neal vs. Leo Taylor is Shannon's debut, on its own it carries a story.

I wish I had more time to volunteer for more matches and get those stories across more, it's something I tried to do in the WWC where there aren't many angles or promos, and exclusively clean finishes, but each match (at least the ones I've written) has a story, a fire all unto themselves without those extra shenanigans and as pointed out just above, there's so much you can gleam for each match without having to look for those extra stuff. I admit, for a lot of people that doesn't seem as glamorous as more sports entertainment-esque tactics. I guess it's just my mindset in wrestling right now where I'm fine with three clean matches and no brawls or whatever in a show.

We've definitely had a drought of talent but I actually do enjoy considering CWA as a worker's show with three good matches each show. And I'd like to continue volunteering each week to ensure that one of those matches 100% stands out. The thing is, that's not really how the show tends to portray itself so while I'd like to see it go that way because of the talent drought, it's unlikely to do it.

I do think there is 100% a disconnect between the talent, I hate to say it but again, we never see each other's RPs so all we're seeing at this point is what's on the show which is largely match related. Now, I'm fine with a card full of matches and only one or two segments, but that only works if we're seeing the promo work. Those promos need to be posted on a regularity as opposed to having to bring it up every now and then that they should get posted up. I love CWA a great deal, if there's any single thing I would prefer from FWA's function is that there's an open thread for all the RPs so we don't have to hope the other guy posts it or that you (Jimmy) post it. Too many RPs go unseen and character development is entirely lost. You can't rely on matches to tell a story in an efed environment if there's no RP to go off. I know that if I'm writing a match for an efed, I tend to like to see if there's anything to go off of from the RP to add something to it, was LB worried about one of Krash's move, was Krash checking up on his leg, etc. I think it's an absolute MUST that either these RPs go up on a regular without having to be periodically asked or that we simply get a thread to post the RPs in as opposed to PM'ing but there just needs to be a way to tell when people RPing and what their RP is.

Small gripes with the main event is that I would've had Krash win with The Kill on LB's back (it was hinted at for that purpose that doing The Kill that way would assure his win and left there in case thats the way the win was going) instead of just going for a second regular one. Also, LB should be holding BoBo back, not the other way around. LB has been magnamous towards Snowmantashi at this point and wouldn't have a real reason to be going after him, plus its proper continuation from what happened last show's segment.

Shannon O'Neal vs. Shawn Summers is definitely the most interesting feud in terms of easy to catch. Snowmantashi/LB hasn't had any sort of physical interaction, and maybe we could've forced it but I don't know. Snowmantashi has pretty much 100% never started a fight/brawl/whatever in CWA, he settles his stuff in a match, he's been the victim of some for sure, but outside of headbutting Summers, he's been very restraint, it would be uncharacteristic to have him step out of there. Up till now, LB has been arrogant but a face up and comer, for him too, it might not quite make sense to attack Snowmantashi. So they've exchanged bitter words, and now LB finds himself unable to meet Snowmantashi's expectations (cited earlier on commentary that LB had to win to prove he stood a chance). Snowmantashi/LB has more subtle layers that make it an interesting story without having to go to the very simple mechanics of forced brawling scenarios (lord knows the standard thing would've just had LB accidentally thrown into Snowmantashi during the match to cause some DQ finish and a brawl).

Uh. Done rambling now

Status

That's fine from the LB front but I think there is more that could be done in other parts then. Could we have seen something from Krash before the match where he is putting over the things you said? How about something from Nate after his loss where he is demanding answers and demanding Quinn next week? Or something from Elijah after since he did sort of answer the question of not winning defenses even if he won dirty. It seems a few of these stories start and end on the show, with the match. Not exactly but with Elijah and Shannon-Shawn the stories before or after were told just before or after. I get that there is so much you can do spacing wise with 3 matches on a card but I think when you have such a tight card and roster that gives you the chance to make every character have a story within the show. A story leading into that match. A story leading out that match and into the next show. Something not relied on for commentary but something beyond the match itself. I think Shannon and Shawn accomplished it, at least going into the next show. I will trust you on LB and Snow. I think Krash is still coming away from this as a bit of an afterthought going to the next show. I think Elijah's win happened so early and nothing happened after that -- while I loved his pre-match segment and lead in -- he really needed something else after. And I think more was needed to keep the Nate-Quinn heat high going to the next show. Tl;dr, I see your point but I think more could've been done for a few characters. And that's not Jimmy or the mods' fault. That's the handlers. Maybe the public RPs helps.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

That's fine from the LB front but I think there is more that could be done in other parts then. Could we have seen something from Krash before the match where he is putting over the things you said? How about something from Nate after his loss where he is demanding answers and demanding Quinn next week? Or something from Elijah after since he did sort of answer the question of not winning defenses even if he won dirty. It seems a few of these stories start and end on the show, with the match. Not exactly but with Elijah and Shannon-Shawn the stories before or after were told just before or after. I get that there is so much you can do spacing wise with 3 matches on a card but I think when you have such a tight card and roster that gives you the chance to make every character have a story within the show. A story leading into that match. A story leading out that match and into the next show. Something not relied on for commentary but something beyond the match itself. I think Shannon and Shawn accomplished it, at least going into the next show. I will trust you on LB and Snow. I think Krash is still coming away from this as a bit of an afterthought going to the next show. I think Elijah's win happened so early and nothing happened after that -- while I loved his pre-match segment and lead in -- he really needed something else after. And I think more was needed to keep the Nate-Quinn heat high going to the next show. Tl;dr, I see your point but I think more could've been done for a few characters. And that's not Jimmy or the mods' fault. That's the handlers. Maybe the public RPs helps.
    I would be inclined to agree with you. Obviously there's the issue of spoilers and knowing victories ahead of time but one thing I think would make a wrestling focused show better is definitely post match interviews. It's what I was doing with WWC (keep going back to that well aren't I) but the recent NOAH show which is pretty much exclusively wrestling had post match interviews too, it doesn't have to be long, just a paragraph or something from the winner, or maybe both the winner and the loser backstage but again that's hard if we don't know the result. Other option is a one question interview before the match or something of that sort. And again, drawing from that puro well, Krash could've stood out if instead of just having that Snowmantashi/LB staredown we had Krash close off the show with a poignant message and a farewell to the fans. Alternatively if we want to avoid spoilers again, we could follow up shows with - not necessarily a Talking Smack thing but a sort of press conference. Drawing this from EgoFantastico's BTB which is exclusively matches on the show, but the press conference add a layer and further the story. Within the next one or two days try to get the 6 wrestlers or whatever who competed in the show to briefly address their match and story that way you avoid them knowing the result and it isn't too much effort on their part (what like ten minutes max for each wrestler to write it). So there's definitely room for a wrestling focused show but to also enable wrestlers to talk whether thats pre/post match mini-interviews or a post-show press conference (that would give it a more sports-like feel).

A post-show presser would consist of Elijah questioning his victory but promising to win on his own next time, Nate Savage wanting another chance and raging about Quinn, LB reflecting on a huge defeat, Shannon her debut, Leo on where he goes from here, and Krash on a big time main event win and how this is a bit of a redemption. Would further everything and add to characters for sure.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

LB/Snowmantashi are both faces and the pair have never met one on one. Having any sort of physical violent confrontation is wasted because, I feel, there needs to be a part of the story that makes sense for it to happen. I am working on building the story and getting something across. There's a small detail I would change about the match in that LB shouldn't be getting held back by BoBo as my promo made it clear that BoBo can't stand Snowmantashi and there's hints towards some unexplained story between the trio.

Ultimately, the loss is slightly damaging but that's my fault for being late. It's not a totally clean loss and of I get the chance to avenge it next week then you can bet your ass I will go 100 percent to do so. The LB character is very much about avenging losses. I am very careful to not have the character hinged on wins/losses and instead have multiple paths depending on an outcome. It fits the story that LB had a small win in their first confrontation but now Snowmantashi has ammo too.

On the booking of Krash - all he was, in this match, was definitely somewhat of an afterthought. The character COULD claim he deserves a chance at the FSA main event but doing so and not acknowledging the nature of his win might make him slightly heelish and out of character. Ultimately, he was either there for LB to put down and continue messing with Snowmantashi or to win and make LB look stupid and give Snowmantashi something to use.

I don't know if we are one or two shows from FSA but I will PM Jimmy and sort something out. Me and Jon have discussed an idea that will add heat to the match eventually. I do think Snowmantashi should face a big opponent next week also but can understand if theres something else.

Post fight press conferences and stuff are fine but I don't think an American mainstream wrestling audience would buy into them so much in all honesty. Small interviews throughout the show are easily done though - just take snippets from promos and paste them in or something. But we know full well how tiring it is to chase people up for segs and shit. If you're not willing to get your character over by yourself then leaving it to me isn't going to be great either. Idk what to write for some characters cause the handler knows them best.

But a show with pure wrestling is never going to work in getting a character over with mainstream fans and make them a star. The audience needs promos and the like for sure. It's the same with readers - hard to get into a character based solely on their matches, I find.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    LB/Snowmantashi are both faces and the pair have never met one on one. Having any sort of physical violent confrontation is wasted because, I feel, there needs to be a part of the story that makes sense for it to happen. I am working on building the story and getting something across. There's a small detail I would change about the match in that LB shouldn't be getting held back by BoBo as my promo made it clear that BoBo can't stand Snowmantashi and there's hints towards some unexplained story between the trio.

Ultimately, the loss is slightly damaging but that's my fault for being late. It's not a totally clean loss and of I get the chance to avenge it next week then you can bet your ass I will go 100 percent to do so. The LB character is very much about avenging losses. I am very careful to not have the character hinged on wins/losses and instead have multiple paths depending on an outcome. It fits the story that LB had a small win in their first confrontation but now Snowmantashi has ammo too.

On the booking of Krash - all he was, in this match, was definitely somewhat of an afterthought. The character COULD claim he deserves a chance at the FSA main event but doing so and not acknowledging the nature of his win might make him slightly heelish and out of character. Ultimately, he was either there for LB to put down and continue messing with Snowmantashi or to win and make LB look stupid and give Snowmantashi something to use.

I don't know if we are one or two shows from FSA but I will PM Jimmy and sort something out. Me and Jon have discussed an idea that will add heat to the match eventually. I do think Snowmantashi should face a big opponent next week also but can understand if theres something else.

Post fight press conferences and stuff are fine but I don't think an American mainstream wrestling audience would buy into them so much in all honesty. Small interviews throughout the show are easily done though - just take snippets from promos and paste them in or something. But we know full well how tiring it is to chase people up for segs and shit. If you're not willing to get your character over by yourself then leaving it to me isn't going to be great either. Idk what to write for some characters cause the handler knows them best.

But a show with pure wrestling is never going to work in getting a character over with mainstream fans and make them a star. The audience needs promos and the like for sure. It's the same with readers - hard to get into a character based solely on their matches, I find.
    On Krash, there's nothing about his win that wasn't clean though. BoBo was the one who put the leg on the rope so no matter what, Krash still won fair and square. There's nothing heel'ish about boasting, in fact, it's a kharmic situation that the ref did not notice. In such a fashion, this was an absolute victory for Krash who is back on a pedestal after stalling.

I'll always be up for weeks off I do actually enjoy Snowmantashi feeling like he's mostly a big match fighter (but also because thank God this is great for my schedule).

American mainstream wrestling audience in a world where WWE exist maybe but... this is an alternate world. Real world rules won't apply in a non-WWE/WCW/whatever world. So to use that as an excuse is invalid.

Again pure wrestling with regards to getting a character over and mainstream fans -> it's a fictional world. A reader won't get into a character during matches because 99% the characters are written pretty generically and don't really stand out. Would be great if more people volunteered to write their own matches to get their characters out because otherwise, the matches feel like you could interchange names because the characters feel vanilla in those matches. In that sense, yeah, promos would help throughout the show because the characters look vanilla the way they're portrayed in those matches. And this isn't a shot at anyone writing matches because write enough matches and you just want to get through with it and obviously you can't understand a character as much as the handler. It was the same criticism I had for Trial by Fire where only three of the matches felt like the characters genuinely came off the screen.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Legend View Post
    On Krash, there's nothing about his win that wasn't clean though. BoBo was the one who put the leg on the rope so no matter what, Krash still won fair and square. There's nothing heel'ish about boasting, in fact, it's a kharmic situation that the ref did not notice. In such a fashion, this was an absolute victory for Krash who is back on a pedestal after stalling.

I'll always be up for weeks off I do actually enjoy Snowmantashi feeling like he's mostly a big match fighter (but also because thank God this is great for my schedule).

American mainstream wrestling audience in a world where WWE exist maybe but... this is an alternate world. Real world rules won't apply in a non-WWE/WCW/whatever world. So to use that as an excuse is invalid.
    It's an alternate world within the show but it's still a WWE/WCW/mainstream-influenced world for the readers and handlers who participate in the "e-fed." WWE still influences most of us heavily, so while Front-Row Fan A doesn't know what WWE is, TGO/Shake/Cereal Killer/Gambit/new-member A does. From that standpoint, there needs to be something fitting within the mainstream mold to make the show feel "exciting" for a lot of people. I get this is sort of a fluffy way of saying the show needs to be less PURO and more "dumbed down," but it's kinda true.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

It's an alternate world within the show but it's still a WWE/WCW/mainstream-influenced world for the readers and handlers who participate in the "e-fed." WWE still influences most of us heavily, so while Front-Row Fan A doesn't know what WWE is, TGO/Shake/Cereal Killer/Gambit/new-member A does. From that standpoint, there needs to be something fitting within the mainstream mold to make the show feel "exciting" for a lot of people. I get this is sort of a fluffy way of saying the show needs to be less PURO and more "dumbed down," but it's kinda true.
    To be fair, I'm not saying turn this show into PURO and this show is nothing like PURO to begin with so it's not even a legit comparison to make (I'd say it feels closer to a major Indie show than anything, a mix of match focus and the occasional segments to highlight the more notable feuds). Even considering the presence of LIGHTBRINGER and Snowmantashi, Snowmantashi has been involved in a ton of major segments (pretty much at least one per feud, and at best with MvH a lot more), some brawls, obviously that headbutt with Summers in the build up to last PPV, LIGHTBRINGER had his very sports entertainment like feud with MvH, etc. So puro doesn't really come into question in this being anything like it. When I mentioned Ego's BTB or NOAH, I was mostly just drawing easy ways to get the roster involved in segments without having them write a whole lengthy interview or segmenet or whatever.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Legend View Post
    To be fair, I'm not saying turn this show into PURO and this show is nothing like PURO to begin with so it's not even a legit comparison to make (I'd say it feels closer to a major Indie show than anything, a mix of match focus and the occasional segments to highlight the more notable feuds). Even considering the presence of LIGHTBRINGER and Snowmantashi, Snowmantashi has been involved in a ton of major segments (pretty much at least one per feud, and at best with MvH a lot more), some brawls, obviously that headbutt with Summers in the build up to last PPV, LIGHTBRINGER had his very sports entertainment like feud with MvH, etc. So puro doesn't really come into question in this being anything like it. When I mentioned Ego's BTB or NOAH, I was mostly just drawing easy ways to get the roster involved in segments without having them write a whole lengthy interview or segmenet or whatever.
    When I said PURO, I was just tossing out a non-mainstream company as a comparison. It could've been any company, really. I don't know anything about PURO. I just threw out the first non-mainstream fed that came to mind. I should've just said "indy." My point is still that this show didn't draw enough of that mainstream feel for the reader. That's all. If it's an anomaly, then I accept that and look forward to the next AR.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Well PURO (it's not even capitalized so I'm not sure why I did capitalize it) is just wrestling pretty much. If you were even to limit it to just Japan as opposed to wrestling as a whole then it can still be as mainstream as WWE (see NJPW) or as hammy as it (see DDT). Would've been better to draw an exact comparison instead of just using random words Because even Indies are booked differently from one another.

I'll maintain, the show doesn't need to draw that mainstream feel. That isn't to defend the show, only to support that mainstream isn't the flaw of it.

Status

Not going to go into a long response.

I agree Krash's win is clean for the most part but for a logic twisting brash face like LB it isn't. It's a plot thread for a future feud though if LB beats Snowmantashi. Ultimately, the win keeps LB in check during this feud. As for LB-Snowmantashi story, I'm not sure if the next AR is the final AR before FSA but if not, I will post some stuff to get the reader invested in why LB-Snowmantashi is a big match.

Regarding real world rules - in universe, yes, you don't have to follow them. But the readership is mainly used to the psychology and format of stuff like WWE so presenting it in a format that's completely different is going to alienate readership/not make it as interesting. You can write bomb ass matches but you've got to have more promos and storylines. A post fight press conference would be a fine idea but ultimately, it'd get repetitive and wouldn't draw in enough. It's barely enough for puro in Japan nowadays - all the bigger characters are shining outwith the typical post match promo/post fight press conferences compared to the 90s/early 00s. Ring work is not enough to get you over in Japan anymore. There doesn't even need to be a typical in ring promo/segment, just taking a small part of the submitted RP and making it a 'video promo' or something would work. Ultimately though, I think if promos were posted in a thread and people made a conscious effort to read then yes the characters would get over a lot more -- and the post fight press conference idea becomes alot more viable.

It's difficult to write matches for characters you don't fully understand or know all the motivations for. I agree that people could do more to write matches or at least send match writers how they want their character portrayed. Or something down those lines.

Ultimately, it's difficult because e-fed is not like real life wrestling at all and you have to find your own way of presenting it to satisfy everyone and still make it an enjoyable show. For the most part, I do think Jimmy could use some help in alot of segments as alot of the time, it feels like CWA is mainly a 'main event' show where the attention goes to the main eventers for the most part. I think lessening the PPV schedule might help CWA at this point too.

On Quinn - there was interactions with Savage at the Wrestle Royale and so I think, logically, him distracting Savage with his music and stuff is a fine advancement in their story and is a definite indication that they're going to feud. I'm cool with that. It also confirms that Quinn is working with CWA rather than being a one off appearance.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    Not going to go into a long response.

I agree Krash's win is clean for the most part but for a logic twisting brash face like LB it isn't. It's a plot thread for a future feud though if LB beats Snowmantashi. Ultimately, the win keeps LB in check during this feud. As for LB-Snowmantashi story, I'm not sure if the next AR is the final AR before FSA but if not, I will post some stuff to get the reader invested in why LB-Snowmantashi is a big match.

Regarding real world rules - in universe, yes, you don't have to follow them. But the readership is mainly used to the psychology and format of stuff like WWE so presenting it in a format that's completely different is going to alienate readership/not make it as interesting. You can write bomb ass matches but you've got to have more promos and storylines. A post fight press conference would be a fine idea but ultimately, it'd get repetitive and wouldn't draw in enough. It's barely enough for puro in Japan nowadays - all the bigger characters are shining outwith the typical post match promo/post fight press conferences compared to the 90s/early 00s. Ring work is not enough to get you over in Japan anymore. There doesn't even need to be a typical in ring promo/segment, just taking a small part of the submitted RP and making it a 'video promo' or something would work. Ultimately though, I think if promos were posted in a thread and people made a conscious effort to read then yes the characters would get over a lot more -- and the post fight press conference idea becomes alot more viable.

It's difficult to write matches for characters you don't fully understand or know all the motivations for. I agree that people could do more to write matches or at least send match writers how they want their character portrayed. Or something down those lines.

Ultimately, it's difficult because e-fed is not like real life wrestling at all and you have to find your own way of presenting it to satisfy everyone and still make it an enjoyable show. For the most part, I do think Jimmy could use some help in alot of segments as alot of the time, it feels like CWA is mainly a 'main event' show where the attention goes to the main eventers for the most part. I think lessening the PPV schedule might help CWA at this point too.

On Quinn - there was interactions with Savage at the Wrestle Royale and so I think, logically, him distracting Savage with his music and stuff is a fine advancement in their story and is a definite indication that they're going to feud. I'm cool with that. It also confirms that Quinn is working with CWA rather than being a one off appearance.
    The major characters in Japan have always been memorable for me because they genuinely feel like they stand out. The promos don't matter to me obviously because I don't understand Japanese, I can't tell how much of an impact that has or doesn't. But Tetsuya Naito never said a word the first time I saw him, he came in a suit, lazily got into the ring, took his time taking off his suit, irritated his opponent, wasted time, was indifferent. His character came out in the match vividly. Katsuyori Shibata was an ultra serious, gives no shit guy, who took all you gave and gave more, was dressed very simply to match that, and simply felt bad ass. But even going to the American Indy scene. Matt Riddle's UFC gear, chill perpetual smile, "bro" moniker make him stand out, promos be damned. Fred Yehi's hand/foot targetting, yelling out "You're in trouble" or just confidently screaming out his opponents name as he's about to murder them. That's what I'd like to see out of all these matches. I want to see them stand out beyond having to talk in a segment too.

Status

Not going to derail the thread with a discussion on why I think the examples you've used are actually crucial as to why making the audience care about the character outwith the ring work. Just know that Naito and Shibata didn't get over huge solely because of their in ring work. Ultimately, they got over because they made the people care about seeing their matches through promo work and having a story that the audience was interested in. Basically, I think the story needs to come across first before you start to take in ring work into account, you need a personality inside and outside of the ring to fully connect. Just standing out in the ring might be fine for you but you've openly admitted that's what interests you -- it might not be the case for many more and there needs to be more to appeal to everyone. People like to buy into stories, characters and their motivations and ultimately, if not enough of that is on display then the wrestling, no matter how good, will become meaningless.

Simply put, if people are going to stand out in this e-fed then there needs to be a good combination of both. Solid promos/character work that's backed up by how they act in the ring. If you don't have one then the other suffers. Nobody's going to care what you have to say if you're crap in the ring. Nobody's going to care much about your journey in the ring if you can't connect with them outside of it.

Basically, I think both things should be done. Jimmy can't be expected to write for everyone in their matches but it'd be nice for people to let him know specific quirks or things that should happen. In the meantime, people should be doing more to get their character over on the show outside of just being in a match.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Young Gunz

Status

To make it a bit more clear, I think Shawn might need to become more of an instigator in this feud in the next few segments to become a clearer "heel." He could become one of the greatest classic heels I've seen in e-fedding. He's got potential to be the best heel across CWA or FWA. Just needs to be a bit more aggressive in instigating and starting shit. The "competitions' idea is good, unique, outside the box.

First I would like to say, thank you for the awesome compliment. Next Shawn Summers T-Shirt "(Front) Shawn Summers / (Back) The Heel CWA Needs". Seriously bro I appreciate the compliment.

I read through the messages in the thread and I thought I'd add my two cents to the conversation. I've read through numerous CWA cards and found myself saying........what's the motivation behind this feud. I've found myself participating in feuds and saying well that was kind of pointles feuds in CWA that I enjoyed working were the ones where I actually had some input on where it went / progressed and it wasn't just "Match, Match (post match staredown/ interfernce), Match, Feud Ending Match). I thought that my feud with Cyrus Truth a couple of years ago was pretty good but my two World Title Feuds were pretty pointless. Neither me or the champion 100% contributed to make the feud meaningful, aside from the last feud with Snowmantachi and the whole "Shawn picks his championship match segment". This feud with Shannon is actually pretty entertaining and actually has some interest from people (I hope).

I'm happy this discussion is happening as we get closer and closer to FSA because hopefully it will bring more interest to the big show and create a shift in CWA.....making it great again (I couldn't resist).

Thread Information