Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: February 2017 NBA/All Star Weekend Thread

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: February 2017 NBA/All Star Weekend Thread

I guess Jahlil Okafor isn't going there now, besides that's all I heard about him going there or Portland, but the Trailblazers made a trade recently as well. Noel is a FA after the Season is over and he fits Brett Brown's system better than Okafor. For me though I'm iffy about trades for him especially with Embiid with the injury problems again and organization keeping everyone in the dark for Simmons or whether he'll play this Season it's getting a little frustration to watch as a fan. Did anyone like the All Star Weekend I didn't watch Saturday's competitions maybe their was nobody there I grabbed me to watch it especially the Dunk Contest. It's always been my fav of the night and I've heard it was boring? Anyways the All-Star Game tonight was okay, Davis with 52 points damn and their was a shot by Westbrook off the glass during the game that made me go nuts when I saw it.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status
      Country                    United States

Best part of this trade has to be that Tyreke is going back home!

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Honestly, New Orleans has fucked up a lot of stuff in the last few years, starting when they fired Monty Williams. The players loved that dude and if anyone could get Boogie to genuinely like his coach, it would've been Monty. Now he's got Alvin Gentry as his coach. lol. I kinda feel bad for Boogie but Gentry ain't gonna make it out of this year if the Pelicans don't make the playoffs — and I don't think they will. Jrue Holiday is a solid PG, though. Interested how he meshes with two star bigs. Pick-n-pop for days, mannnnnnn.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

stressed but chillin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Honestly, New Orleans has fucked up a lot of stuff in the last few years, starting when they fired Monty Williams. The players loved that dude and if anyone could get Boogie to genuinely like his coach, it would've been Monty. Now he's got Alvin Gentry as his coach. lol. I kinda feel bad for Boogie but Gentry ain't gonna make it out of this year if the Pelicans don't make the playoffs — and I don't think they will. Jrue Holiday is a solid PG, though. Interested how he meshes with two star bigs. Pick-n-pop for days, mannnnnnn.
    Boogie did have a coach he loved, and then the Kings fired said coach before even telling Boogie they were going to do so

I do seriously hope this pans out for New Orleans and even Sacramento to a lesser extent for numerous reason. Boogie and AD really deserve steady success at the NBA level, so this could possible be a turning point for them and the NO franchise. I'm not in love with what the Kings have, and I don't love the package they got. I obviously have no clue as to what they've been offered for Cousins, but given their roster as is and their decision making I can't say this puts them in a good position moving forward. This also may not be the most ideal situation, but it will be interesting to see if a lot of the negative stories about Cousins and bad attitude stories fade. I feel like a lot of the issues were 50/50 between him and the Kings organization. O

To answer "Who starts where?", I'd guess Davis at the 4, DeMarcus at the 5 for the starts and majority of the minutes, but you occasionally let them switch or specifically get Davis small minutes at the 5. I really love their front court threesome of Cousins, Davis and Jones now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainC View Post
    Boogie did have a coach he loved, and then the Kings fired said coach before even telling Boogie they were going to do so

I do seriously hope this pans out for New Orleans and even Sacramento to a lesser extent for numerous reason. Boogie and AD really deserve steady success at the NBA level, so this could possible be a turning point for them and the NO franchise. I'm not in love with what the Kings have, and I don't love the package they got. I obviously have no clue as to what they've been offered for Cousins, but given their roster as is and their decision making I can't say this puts them in a good position moving forward. This also may not be the most ideal situation, but it will be interesting to see if a lot of the negative stories about Cousins and bad attitude stories fade. I feel like a lot of the issues were 50/50 between him and the Kings organization. O

To answer "Who starts where?", I'd guess Davis at the 4, DeMarcus at the 5 for the starts and majority of the minutes, but you occasionally let them switch or specifically get Davis small minutes at the 5. I really love their front court threesome of Cousins, Davis and Jones now.

Rumors were the Pels were trying to trade Jones and move Josh Smith into that spot. Why, I don't know. But that was the rumor.

My only concern with the pairing is defense/rim protection. If they commit to it, solid. But the Pels specifically brought in Asik to relieve AD of that. And Cousins wasn't spectacular at it last year — I think Koufos was the main dude for it (http://nyloncalculus.com/stats/rim-protection/). Monty Williams, a D-first guy, would've sold that hard. Alvin Gentry? Not sure.

But the Pels are just waiting for John Wall and John Calipari to join in 2017-2018 anyway.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

stressed but chillin

Status

Ugh, Asik.

I expect Boogie to step it up on defense with another star to lighten his load, he's a beast on both ends when he wants to be. Gay has had a solid run as a King and Isaiah Thomas was good too, but now that Cousins has someone of AD's caliber to help on defense and assume another large chunk of the offense, it should give him more energy to work harder on the defensive end.

Spoiler:

Pain does not lie

Status

Ugh not too happy my Sixers traded Noel to the Mavericks Anderson, Bogut and a first round pick. I mean that pick could be high who knows not sure on the year, but geez you get rid of Noel and possibly Okafor and Embiid is still injured with a possible March 3 return. Also Ersan Ilyasova to the Hawks in a trade as well, which means the 22 year old Saric is going to be the man the PF spot. Never seen my team make so many moves like this.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Status

Bulls trade Taj and McDermott and a 2nd-rounder to the Thunder, according to Chicago Tribune, for Anthony Morrow and Cameron Payne and some other jobber.

We couldn't have sent Mirotic instead? Jesus.
    Last edited by The Golden One; 02-23-2017 at 05:27 PM.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Pain does not lie

Status

I like Taj one of those road dogs you want fight with you in a middle of a Alley way it's for sure him. Good pick up for the Thunder there.

Real Women of Genius

stressed but chillin

Status

February 2017 NBA/All Star Weekend Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Bulls trade Taj and McDermott and a 2nd-rounder to the Thunder, according to Chicago Tribune, for Anthony Morrow and Cameron Payne and some other jobber.

We couldn't have sent Mirotic instead? Jesus.
    It'd be hilarious if Morrow finally starting draining 3s again now that he's left OKC

I love the deal Dallas made (who looks like Travis Scott now), and the Wizards getting Bogdanovic.

Spoiler:

Status

The Bulls traded their best shooter on a team with no other shooters and their most beloved player and didn't even get a pick. Awesome.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status

Payne's worth a lot more than a second rounder. ...if you didn't have like a crapload of guards already. >.>

I thought being paired with Davis is Cousins' best bet to cover his awful defense. I don't know what to think of the Kings because you'd have to think the Celtics dangled that Nets pick for him and that would have been perfect for both teams, way better than Hield & Evans & the NO pick, though I'm a fan of Evans. (Amir Johnson matched up perfectly and you could throw in anyone else)

Not a fan of Noel but Dallas getting a younger guy was really smart. As for the Sixers, can't wait to see them try to convince Okafor everything's peaches & cream after all that buildup.

Phil Jackson is legit one of the worst GMs I've ever seen. Should surely be fired. So should Scott Layden for even thinking of a Rubio/Rose swap. What a disaster all around.

Hope it works out for Denver holding on to lameduck Mudiay & Chandler and Gallo who may not re-sign.
    Last edited by Zero; 02-24-2017 at 07:12 AM.
    Shoot Shoot Punch Punch Kick Break Your Limbs And Your Face

The soul of Billy Robinson lives on~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Celtics and Brad Stevens were adamant Cousins was not a player they wanted. Most reports say they never even approached Sacramento for him.

Status

Vlade told reporters he had a better deal for Cousins two days before he traded him to the Pelicans. I guess that was Detroit, which I believe offered Drummond

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status

Quote Originally Posted by GIROOOOUUD!!! View Post
    Celtics and Brad Stevens were adamant Cousins was not a player they wanted. Most reports say they never even approached Sacramento for him.
    Not surprising, because they're smart basketball people. Still think there had to be someone who offered better for Sac though.

Vlade told reporters he had a better deal for Cousins two days before he traded him to the Pelicans. I guess that was Detroit, which I believe offered Drummond
    I read that Detroit offered up Drummond early in the season but I probably would have taken it then tbh. At the same time I can see the appeal of not doing a trade like that due to kind of leaving them in the same spot on the court, though with less headaches. That said the fact that he would make those comments publicly is crazy in and of itself, way to bury your own players you got back. Really makes the organization look good.
    Shoot Shoot Punch Punch Kick Break Your Limbs And Your Face

The soul of Billy Robinson lives on~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

Pain does not lie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Payne's worth a lot more than a second rounder. ...if you didn't have like a crapload of guards already. >.>

I thought being paired with Davis is Cousins' best bet to cover his awful defense. I don't know what to think of the Kings because you'd have to think the Celtics dangled that Nets pick for him and that would have been perfect for both teams, way better than Hield & Evans & the NO pick, though I'm a fan of Evans. (Amir Johnson matched up perfectly and you could throw in anyone else)

Not a fan of Noel but Dallas getting a younger guy was really smart. As for the Sixers, can't wait to see them try to convince Okafor everything's peaches & cream after all that buildup.

Phil Jackson is legit one of the worst GMs I've ever seen. Should surely be fired. So should Scott Layden for even thinking of a Rubio/Rose swap. What a disaster all around.

Hope it works out for Denver holding on to lameduck Mudiay & Chandler and Gallo who may not re-sign.
    Yeah for months now Okafor was the guy gone in my eyes, even know Noel had trade rumors for months too. Difference is Noel was killing it and Okafor was giving the same amount of effort as before. Don't see how you can have Okafor/Embiid on the floor together, Noel you could of swung him at PF or C or even SF don't like that trade at all. I wouldn't say it's one of the worst I've seen for my team the trade for Barkley and AI were worse, but I trade will backfire. I wouldn't be shocked to see Okafor gone in a trade in the Offseason, but he doesn't fit Brett Brown's system and I don't see him really liking being behind Embiid off the bench.

Real Women of Genius

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

And then there were none.

Spoiler:

In other news, Tony Snell just became only the second player in NBA history to put up a 0/0/0/0/0 stat-line while playing 25 or more minutes in NBA history.

Classic Snelly Cat.

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Pain does not lie

Status

For those who missed the All Star great moments with the Inside the NBA crew last week. This shit had me rolling, and it isn't good to laugh when you have the flu, but fuck it lol.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information