Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Lucha Discussion Thread

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

The Official Lucha Discussion Thread

Though Lucha tends to not be as popular as Puro wrestling and the American/Euro Indy scenes, there's definitely a sort of rise here. CMLL is the obvious easy one to follow, and AAA as well (though supposedly it's absolute trash at the moment), and IWRG seems to be rising as a Lucha Indy (or at least I'm hearing more of it), there's of course Lucha Underground, Pro Wrestling Revolution and Lucha Forever (hardly a Lucha promotion but, eh).

http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2017/...-iwrg-results/

There's been some pretty huge announcements lately, you can find all/most of it in the link above (and if you want to keep with Lucha, that blog is the best way). Another good way of keeping up is following @luchablog on twitter.

Pentagon Jr. is now Penta El 0M, Fenix is now Fenix El Rey, and alongside Garza and Daga, they're out of AAA. They're all hopping over to Konnan's company, The Crash.

LU may be back in December 2017 but there are funding issues. Konnan is saying that they're trying to sell LU to Netflix (oh god, please, yes).

The Crash's attempts to get a TV deal has killed their relationship with CMLL who will now see them as competition.

Those were the big lines I mostly got. I'm sure Zero knows more.

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Re: The Official Lucha Discussion Thread

Any recommendations from Fantasticamania Zero?

I hate Pentagon's new name, but it is what it is.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

I don't think anyone likes Penta's new name

قلبيlهذ

Status
      Country                    Egypt

So essentially, the story about the AAA guys leaving is essentially AAA is an awful company that fucks over all their wrestlers pretty much and with Konnan in the Crash he just reached out to his boys. As to what it means for LU, we don't really know except the guy who runs AAA just got more power. It was only a matter of time really, I mean AAA put Fénix through hell, Penta wasn't just gonna ignore it.

FM was solid, no MOTYCs or anything like that, liked pretty much all the singles matches but also felt all would be much better in México.

Would recommend Zack Sabre Jr. vs Ronnie Mendoza from Martinez - https://facebook.com/story.php?story...UAR8F9mwV&_rdr

Lucha Memes is making big moves working together and has great cards, though the owner is an egomaniac I give him credit for his ability to put on good cards. For 2.50 on their YT page you get access to Ray Rowe vs Rush, Toxin and Fly Star vs Laredo Kid & Ronnie Mendoza.
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

https://twitter.com/MrGMSI_BCage/sta...16784791908353

Cage dropping some news LU with Netflix, they will be airing the first two seasons of the show with chances to air more episodes down the line. Don't worry guys the show will be still on El Rey, but getting this Netflix deal mean more people to see and want to watch the show.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Certified G

Status

I couldn't be more erect at this news.

قلبيlهذ

Status

CMLL Re: The Official Lucha Discussion Thread

Everyone needs to watch the main event of this show: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...OZjP1J4HYUHUrH

Which is the final of a tournament that has lasted the last couple of Fridays called Parejas Increibles (Incredible partners) that is built around rivals teaming together. Everyone on twitter (even Big Dave) has been raving it as a MOTYC. Though I don't have it that high (In purely North America it is though) you really should check it out. Honestly this whole show is well worth watching. The first 4 matches were all quite good, & the 5th while only eh, wasn't an embarrassment like usual with Pierroth & Diamante Azul and accomplished its goal of building to the Dos Leyendas main event of Azul/Pierroth & what many think could be the main event of the Anniversary show in September of Rush/Atlantis. Great show and a really strong main event. Am glad to see them getting buzz heading to Dos Leyendas.
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Can confirm, the match is a banger. I don't think I've ever properly watched a Valiente match and was blown away with him here from his catch of Volador's dive into the powerbomb in the first fall to his Valiente special moonsault dive in the 3rd. MVP for me, even though the other three were great in the match too.

Thanks for the rec.

قلبيlهذ

Status

Would really recommend the Reyes del Aire torneo cibernetico from this past Friday's CMLL. One of the better Lucha matches of the year I thought. There was excellent action, some low key good storytelling (Volador/Carístico continuing their years long feud which is a touch I love seeing as things don't get forgotten about in CMLL. Also Niebla Roja & Euforia/Gran Guerrero as the Guerreros kicked Niebla Roja out of their stable a week+ ago.) And there was even a complete surprise (and a pleasant one at that) of a winner to boot! Can't wait to see what is on the horizon for all these guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r9YwEo54-8
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

قلبيlهذ

Status

Some great action in Lucha Libre this week with 3 really cool & different matches that I'd recommend checking out.

Negro Navarro vs Zack Sabre Jr. - ZSJ's debut in México vs one of the best submission and mat based wrestlers walking this planet. Currently in my top 10 for 2017. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDXmDP4aHpM

Dragon Lee vs Niebla Roja - Quietly one of the best in-ring feuds of the year takes another step forward with a mano y mano match here, and this all but signals Roja will be returning to the técnico side very soon. They had a really strong match yet again and very happy to see Roja get this chance. Lee is a great great wrestler. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEerK0BpZ1A

Zacarias el Perico & Mije vs. Microman & El Gallito - MASCOTS TAG MATCH! 4 of the shortest wrestlers alive go at it with a surprisingly sound match between these minis. Also some subdued and clever comedy that never went as far as I thought it would. Worth watching for the spectacle alone but legit good stuff - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH8Okhhozjc
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Zero if you didn't tell me who Negro Navarro was before hand, I would of said who's this quién es este hijo de puta lol. I found out quite fast you better respect Negro or he'll turn you into a Human Pretzel. How old is Navarro he looks somewhere in hsi 50's? He kept with Sabre the hold way, even with all the Submissions he locked in on him. He even surprised Sabre JR at times in this match, getting him in, with his own holds. Anyone think that Sabre relies on his Mat work too much, and rather see him more balanced with his Striking? I mean I love true Wrestling, but even me at times I get frustrated at times to see him work and I like come on Sabre let's get this going already. Hey Sabre why do you need to do the Genie pin, just get it done stop playing around and that playing around costs him more often that not. Good match other wise between these two Technical Wizards.

Dragon Lee vs Niebla Roja. I forgot Dragon Lee has the body of the God, wished I had that body. I might need to start clanging and banging and getting in shape till I start looking like my Dad. I thought Lee was going to win in the end, but Roja got the win and I want to see more of these two work, because it's a treat to watch. Don't worry Dragon Lee will use his inner Bruce Lee and come back stronger next time.

Zacarias el Perico & Mije vs. Microman & El Gallito. Oye son enanos, goodie! I always get in such matches, because their always going to bring the comedy, while giving the action you need to be entertained throughout the match. Some of these outfits thought are funny to look at more so their Masks, did they kids create them in Art Class days before hehe. Why was the Ref allowing their partners to be in the ring forever? I mean Microman was taking a beating and El Gallito was just standing there, damn you Ref..damn you lol!

Still Microman & El Gallito have the will to win and the challenges couldn't break their wills and they went home losers in that match.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

قلبيlهذ

Status
    I would really recommend checking out this past Friday's CMLL show since it was a really good, eventful show with almost a grab bag of what CMLL is as well as setting up multiple storylines that could play right into the biggest month of the year next month.

Drone, Fuego, Pegasso vs Disturbio, Sagrado, Virus - The least important thing on the show being a random opener but you get some nifty Virus/Fuego matwork. Not bad but skippable.

El Gallito & Microman*vs Mije & Perico Zakarías - The micro stars make their Super Viernes debut & rock the house. The rare spectacle that is legit good.

Rey Cometa, Soberano Jr., The Panther vs Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón - The 2017 Lucha MVPs Soberano & the New Generation Dinamitas go at it again & deliver really good stuff. I actually like the NGD's trios match last week vs Soberano/Titán/Drone even better but this was well worth watching.

Ángel de Oro, Diamante Azul, Marco Corleone vs Hechicero, Pierroth,*Rush - Hechicero/Oro tried their best but everyone else? Zzz. On the bright side the Diamante Azul/Munoz Family feud finally took a step forward. Diamante Azul/Rush is an extremely possible Aniversario main event.

Carístico, Niebla Roja, Volador Jr. vs Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero - Good match and the mask match between Niebla Roja & Gran Guerrero is finally confirmed. Another main event possibility but two midcarders.

Blue Panther vs Sam Adonis (Hair vs Hair) - The atmosphere for this was extremely special as the USA/México feud comes to a head and it's likely BP's last big match of his career and he was excellent. The finish was unfortunately horrible but I really liked it. Worth checking out for a spectacle as well as an awesome nod to BP's first big feud 25 years ago against Love Machine Art Barr after Barr lost his mask via using the tombstone.

Give it a watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5vPRp_nuEM
    Last edited by Zerohamed Salah; 08-09-2017 at 05:34 AM.
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

قلبيlهذ

Status

Also now would be a pretty nifty time to get into Lucha a good bit since there'll be a good amount of building to big shows and it is in fact crunch time for the company, as well as the fact with G1 ending you might have a little extra time to squeeze some of this stuff in. This 8/4 show is the first in a series of big shows. Up next is the Gran Prix on September 4th. That features a team of Méxicans vs a World team and will probably have at least one big match on the undercard. (speculated to be Niebla Roja vs Gran Guerrero or Zeuxis vs Princesa Sugehit) The World team features Satoshi Kojima, Juice Robinson, Big Mike Elgin, as well as King Haku & Matt Taven, as well as CMLL Heavyweight Champion Marco Corleone & Johnny Idol in a completely random but mostly alright team. And the crowd heat will be insane with Sam leading the charge.
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Peru

Just watching re pre show of triplemania 25 and the math is amazing, everything look so impressive and yet it looked effortless. If this what this show carries on to be then this may be a very good show
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Heard we had another Triplemania for the ages on our hands. Botches galore, an Aerostar highspot, an emotional finish to the show, horrible English commentary, stream issues, Sexy Star being awful and apparently legit injuring Rosemary, etc.

I'll have to watch
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Sexy Star being awful couldn't possibly be true could it?

This does sound pretty hilarious though, I'm definitely going to give it a shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Pixar Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

قلبيlهذ

Status
    The good was good, the bad was absolutely atrocious. It's on Twitch for free and did more than NJPW World's subscriber base in viewers so it was very successful. It is still available on demand on Twitch in both English & Spanish.

First Llave de la Gloria (a contest built around rookie Luchadores) match, the women's match, Pagano/Mesias and the Torneo TripleMania were offensively bad. And it wasn't just that Sexy injured Rosemary it's that she was a gigantic and unprofessional bitch. Lady Shani stiffed Sexy for being awful (it's known Shani thinks Sexy Star is a bad wrestler & doesn't deserve to be there) and Sexy rolled out of the ring & checked out for a good 8 minutes, no-sold a trash can shot & for reasons nobody knows shot on an unsuspecting Rosemary and wouldn't break her Armbar until the ref got it off, attempting to shoot break her arm. Way worse than Rachael Ellering. Worthless, POS, cunt. All synonyms to Sexy Star.

The 2nd Gloria match, the tag titles, the TLC triple threat, & the main were all pretty good, though Vampiro's stupidity in the TLC match made me not like it. The main event was the best match and the aftermath was among the best and most important moments of the year worldwide in wrestling. Máximo & La Máscara actually had the guts to show their faces to celebrate with Psycho Clown. Rey Escorpión debuted too which is an awesome signing and my favorite part of the night.
    Last edited by Zerohamed Salah; 08-27-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Peru

That women's match. Just wow, what can you say but absolutely atrocious.
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

The women's four way and the Pagano/Mesias match were shit shows. After last year's main event and this match, Pagano seems walking Wrestlecrap in the little I've seen from him. That match was hilariously bad.

Jarrett heeling it up big time I had to bail on that match.

That tag title match was a fun ass spot fest.

More people need to talk about the main event. Or at least the finish and the post match. The match was good itself. The finish and post match was great. That was pro wrestling at it's finest. I don't know the backstory too much about Psycho Clown's friends at the end (Zero?) but the unmasking of Dr. Wagner Jr felt like a really big deal and proved to be extremely emotional. Loved the image of Psycho Clown celebrating while DWJ and his son consoled one another. I guess now the story is his son will avenge his loss to Psycho Clown. Really moving stuff and it's a shame it was overshadowed on social media by the biggest cunt in pro wrestling.

Also a pretty big deal that Dr. Wagner Jr turned out to be the Most Interesting Man In The World from the Dos Equis commercials
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

قلبيlهذ

Status

Calling Pagano a "wrestler" is a stretch in the first place. He's a deathmatch guy through & through who somehow got popular on the indies & got signed, imagine if WWE signed like Zandig or Nick Gage & had him be a main eventer for two years. That's what Pagano is to AAA. He has great presence/charisma/mic skills but he'll never be good. You'll get to see more of him in GFW Impact though, great call J

The backstory on the guys who celebrated with Psycho are they're former CMLL main eventers Máximo & La Máscara. Máximo is Psycho's brother & Máscara is Psycho's cousin, they're all apart of the Alvarado family, sons of Super Porky & Brazo de Oro, one of the biggest in Lucha. Máximo & Máscara were fired from CMLL 3 months ago when they, along with Psycho & another family member destroyed Ultimo Guerrero's car & video taped it as a message. (UG is the main eventer who also has booking power. Oops.) It was an emotional moment for the Alvarados & it's up in the air whether Máscara & Máximo will be in AAA full time.
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

Thread Information