Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: The Official Lucha Discussion Thread

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Re: The Official Lucha Discussion Thread

The PWG shows were just an excuse. The Panthers wrestled on a show as the Lucha Bros last week. Lee & Rush wrestled the Lucha Bros directly like 2 months ago, both on non-CMLL.

There's a lot going on in CMLL but Sofia Alonso had people make sure she has a lot less power & now Chavo Lutteroth has it. Rush & his family were Alonso favorites. CMLL is instituting paycuts across the board despite being quite profitable. Rush announcing he was leaving was the straw that broke the camel's back & Lee was popped so they could save face with them thinking Lee was leaving with Rush.

CMLL sees everyone as replaceable & they've mostly been proven right, even this awful Aniversario (with all due respect to Microman & Chamuel, who had a great Apuestas match) they still did a great number & made a ton of cheese. So it's no big deal to them other than trying to block Lee from working in NJPW & ROH probably to spite him.

Status

So... the last few weeks have altered my view of AAA and CMLL a bit. Which isn't really a reaction to the CMLL news, but really just getting to know the companies a bit better. My view has been CMLL as the more polished company, better run, bigger stars, maybe even BETTER wrestlers. While AAA, based on some of the things I've seen, is this fun but weirdly booked chaotic company where the storylines don't really make sense and the stars are not necessarily that good, but its engaging and you get to hear Vampiro farting on the air.

But having watching some stuff over the past few weeks, I've actually taken a shine to AAA compared to CMLL. Its just been watching random matches, and watching some stuff on their Twitch channel - both live and past shows.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Status

The AAA Heroes Immortal show last night was pretty entertaining. The Omega v Fenix match for the AAA Grand title is definitely worth checking out.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    United States

I saw that show last night, it was my first time watching AAA. Omega/Fenix was incredible.

PROVERBS 3:5-6

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

I liked it. Although Kenny was very animated with his mannerisms which is always annoying but given he was in a new territory, I get why he was "projecting". I liked the early work on the back by Kenny on Fenix, although it wasn't sold very well. The wrestling was quite fluid and fast paced. The finishing stretch was good, it's not often you see someone land on their necks in a lucha libre ring which is a bit different, and the crowd seemed to like it. Fenix's nose leaking like a faucet was a cool visual. One of the better Omega performances in a year where they are lacking.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information