Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Official Lucha Discussion Thread

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Re: The Official Lucha Discussion Thread

If you have a spare 10 minutes, check out one of the spotfests of the year.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

Problem with Hechicero is his gimmick is "King of the Lightning Matches" so all his singles matches are 10 minutes or less, but he's always great and gets good matches. He was on Friday 2 weeks ago and had a good one against Stuka.

LA Park vs. Rush had an insane brawl even by their standards. As a match it still has the same issues and holes as the rest but as an angle and buildup to the Apuestas match it was absolutely phenomenal. Really good Trios with the Panthers (Blue, Blue Jr. & Black) on the undercard too. CMLL Friday is the best show weekly and LA Park is the biggest singular draw anywhere in wrestling right now.
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

What was I supposed to do? It's only natural that I'd fall in love...

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I may check it out because it’s a hot thing right now in wrestling, but previously it’s not been my cup of tea.

Are they still going to have a big match at the anniversary show?

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZinEdine Zidane View Post
    I may check it out because it’s a hot thing right now in wrestling, but previously it’s not been my cup of tea.

Are they still going to have a big match at the anniversary show?
    It's not my favorite either & as I said as a match it almost reaches comical levels of being a clusterfuck. But as a buildup I definitely want to see the big match. These guys hate each other! The Panther Trios was a better match though.

The mask/hair match should happen in September but never lock it in until the day of the show & it happening.
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Didn't like it, Park/Rush continues to be one of those things in wrestling that I just don't get.

What I did get was Fenix/Cavernario, a great match from last week, I can't imagine anyone not thinking this is a good match:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I loved LA Park vs Rush myself. Three messed up finishes but I felt they all worked within the story and I loved the brutality of the match. Especially at the end with Park smashing Rush's head into the barricades.

King Fenix vs Bárbaro Cavernario was also very good.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

As matches I really have to side more with Ed on Park/Rush. I liked it at first but I'm kind of over that style, or at least how they've executed it. But like I said, if you look at it through the lens of a feud it's probably better in the grand scheme of things that they're like this because they get across how much they hate each other.

Friday's show was awesome. 3 good matches, a great one, and a super hot angle after the one bad match on the show.

King Fénix vs Cavernario was great but I also loved the atmosphere of the show itself. Loved Arena México turning on Fénix to cheer on Cavernario. Hot take, thought Cavernario was the better of the two in the match, such a unique style in-ring.

Interesting to the hot angle after the (dreadful, please go away Hell Brothers) main event when Penta and Carístico had a great brawl and Penta was super over. I'm way more interested in Penta/Carístico than Park/Rush. I don't think there'll be a mask match, this year anyway though.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Dat Fenix/Cavernario Match though woof. I've always been a fan of Fenix and to me he's a better version than any Luchador WWE has on their 205 Live Roster in my opinion. Fenix can play up the role of the underdog watch his Match with Mil Muertes in Lucha Underground dude nearly died or at least felt that way during Grave Consequences. When I saw this Match I was like oh hey this jobber Cavernario then I found out really damn fast that he is a star and one sick man! Dude is doing Splashes on the Outside and doing the Worm during Matches to stop the effect of Moves from his opponents. He made me a fan of his work with Fenix with the Resources I should be watching more Lucha, but it's so hard to fit in another Company with what I watch in a week.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Interesting card for the Crash show in August:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I'm really getting into watching the Friday night CMLL show. I really enjoyed Caristico, Mistico and El Hijo de LA Park Vs Sason, Cuatrero and Forastero and the LA Park/Rush 6 man featuring Briscoes CMLL debut I believe. CMLL are really in a tight spot with this Park/Rush match and not being able to announce a mask match until Triplemania has happened in case Park screws them over with AAA outbidding CMLL.

Taven/Volador was pretty shit though I thought.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I agree. The Super Viernes show was pretty good. The Trios match with Caristico, El Hijo de LA Park & Mistico vs. El Cuatrero, Forastero & Sanson was nutty. Really good match. I enjoyed Volador Jr vs Taven but admittedly my focus drifting in and out of the match so it wasn't great match by any means. The Negro Casas trios match was decent for what it was, Octagon was still pretty sprightly for his age.

And oh, Kazuchika Okada is showing on next weeks Friday show (the 17th).. No big deal.
    Last edited by MC 16; 08-08-2018 at 06:29 PM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

WAKE UP

Status

holy shit, Villano III just died.

RIP one of the best Mexican wrestlers ever, what a legacy

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I watched Villano III/Atlantis because it was getting pimped about on Tuesday. I enjoyed it but perhaps it didn't come of as some MOTYC because I'm not used to either guy, it's hard to get really invested in the stakes of two people in a mask match you aren't familiar with and already know the result of.

So after so many Friday night shows building to it, CMLL aren't doing Rush Vs LA Park hair vs mask at the anniversary show. Good news for me who hates that rivalry and how overrated their matches are, but it's disappointed a lot of lucha fans. Also not a great look for the company who have been selling tickets for the show this whole time leading fans on.

Naito and the LIJ boys are going to be on the Friday CMLL show next week.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Watched Atlantis vs Villano 3 last month, I really enjoyed it. In fact, I almost picked it for the MOTY for 2000.

I think the saying goes "The match, no matter how much buzz and promotion it has been given, is guaranteed to happen until they sign the contract." - I guess this is a perfect example of that.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Okada's match was a lot of fun. It's great to see Okada actually doing something different and cool for once instead of his stale crap we see in NJPW, it felt like he had a lot of fun too. I don't get these Japanese imports one after another with seemingly little reason but I guess it's apart of some vacation time plan. Audaz vs. Forastero from last Friday's show was well worth watching. Really everyone should give the lightning matches a watch and honestly the show every week is easy to watch although the openers are boring and the Rush/Park stuff has begun to border on unwatchable (honestly especially because of Bestia as much as the rest). Everything else is a breeze for the most part and there are a ton of hidden gems.

On the aniversario main event, my hunch is that the plan was for Park to drop the mask when he came in and later on like a couple of weeks ago he decided that it was time for Rush to drop his hair and CMLL wouldn't go for it. I really don't blame them if that's the case, but that is an incredibly weak main event. They should have just went ahead and set something up with Atlantis if this was how it would be. Taven isn't a star at all, and I'm not really a huge fan of Volador at all. Rush can be amazing or awful depending on his mood but he should bring it. Cavernario rocks and by far the best part of all this is him getting elevated to this status. Along with Oro/Roja/Soberano & NGD along with Audaz & Templario to a lesser extent, yet another successful young star getting pushed and still so many more that could be just as great. The Chavez Brothers/Audaz Trios match could be the show stealer on Aniversario.

The Gran Prix team for the world got announced too for their next big show after Aniversario on October 5th so it's cool they're building to that. Would expect Jarochita vs. Reyna Isis Apuestas match as the secondary big match on that show.

David Finlay - NJPW/Ireland
    Michael Elgin - NJPW/Canada
    Jay Briscoe - ROH/USA
    Mark Briscoe - ROH/USA
    Flip Gordon - ROH/USA
    Gilbert El Boricua - LU/Puerto Rico (Mil Muertes)
    Okumura - CMLL/Japan
    Dark Magic - IWRG/USA

I would absolutely flip my ship if Finlay actually won, he seemed to be the one they hyped up the most because of his dad and stuff. I have sparingly seen Dark Magic but it's cool that an IWRG talent gets a spot here. Boricua coming in makes sense with the atrocious Klan Kaoz wasting everyone's time in main events. I hope it isn't a sign of any kind of bigger push for them.

I would predict México's team to look something like: Rush/Mistico/Caristico/Volador Jr./Soberano/Cavernario/Ultimo Guerrero/? (Dragon Lee if he's back from his reality show but it's unlikely, I figure it'll be someone bad like Bestia, Azul, or Ciber but let's stay positive and say Negro Casas)

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Vampiro is so stoned on this English feed just threatened to attack ACH with a chair, dropping f bombs.

Thread Information