Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Lucha Discussion Thread

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: The Official Lucha Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Calling Pagano a "wrestler" is a stretch in the first place. He's a deathmatch guy through & through who somehow got popular on the indies & got signed, imagine if WWE signed like Zandig or Nick Gage & had him be a main eventer for two years. That's what Pagano is to AAA. He has great presence/charisma/mic skills but he'll never be good. You'll get to see more of him in GFW Impact though, great call J

The backstory on the guys who celebrated with Psycho are they're former CMLL main eventers Máximo & La Máscara. Máximo is Psycho's brother & Máscara is Psycho's cousin, they're all apart of the Alvarado family, sons of Super Porky & Brazo de Oro, one of the biggest in Lucha. Máximo & Máscara were fired from CMLL 3 months ago when they, along with Psycho & another family member destroyed Ultimo Guerrero's car & video taped it as a message. (UG is the main eventer who also has booking power. Oops.) It was an emotional moment for the Alvarados & it's up in the air whether Máscara & Máximo will be in AAA full time.
    Im going to be honest, not mad at all at this.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Egypt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxgw5dJLDCY

They were mad because they thought UG was trying to take over the CMLL wrestler's union after Brazo de Oro died & sent a message. They were fired immediately.

La Máscara has since been Pentagón's main rival on the indies.
    Angels in Flight~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxgw5dJLDCY

They were mad because they thought UG was trying to take over the CMLL wrestler's union after Brazo de Oro died & sent a message. They were fired immediately.

La Máscara has since been Pentagón's main rival on the indies.
    I wish Rush's family had been the one to do it.

Seems silly of Maximo to do that considering how big he was.

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    United States

Goddamn LA Park supporting Sexy Star.

Says that if Rosemary can't defend herself then she deserved to have her arm broken. Like ***** wat.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Park has a history of craziness so it's not surprising he'd advocate for something like that.

The CMLL 84th Anniversary Show is tomorrow and the undercard features a bunch of good but meaningless Trios matches including one where ROH's Flip Gordon debuts against a team featuring Satoshi Kojima.

The two main events should be good-great, with the main event should have been great except they've had some truly awful booking with one half of the main event inexplicably disappearing for the last month. Niebla Roja/Gran Guerrero should work hard though and should be good.

The women have actually had a really well built feud and have the historical significance of the first women's mask vs mask Anniversary match. Plus Zeuxis is definitely the best wrestler of the 4 & Sugehit has the MYC appearance. I have high expectations and expect something like great. Should be a good show overall.
    Angels in Flight~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    England

Just wanted to say that the Caristico vs. Volador Jr from yesterday's CMLL Friday show was absolutely fantastic. Great main event from CMLL.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
    Here's a recommended match list for CMLL this year, heavily centered around Soberano Jr & the New Generation Dinamitas who are the MVPs of México in 2017.

*Soberano Jr vs Sansón - (Final of La Copa Nuevo Valores, a tournament based around young guys) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s90lzJL6X7g - Starts at 38:50

Rey Cometa vs Soberano Jr - National Welterweight Title - 5/12 - http://youtu.be/K6P-xTxZIbM

*CarÃ*stico & Soberano Jr.*vs*Sansón & Último Guerrero - 6/16 (The Final of the Gran Alternativa, a tournament based around teaming up a veteran with a young Luchador) - http://youtu.be/H5Tck9D-Kz4?t=01h50m17s

Drone, Soberano Jr., Titán*vs*Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón - 7/28 - http://youtu.be/m-hvQClBpro?t=00h52m40s

Rey Cometa, Soberano Jr., The Panther*vs*Cuatrero, Forastero, Sansón - 8/4 - http://youtu.be/t5vPRp_nuEM?t=00h44m47s

Cavernario vs Soberano Jr - 10/2 (National Welterweight Title - http://youtu.be/HGRakZPC6c4?t=01h41m56s

Rey del Inframundo (A cibernetico based around the king of the Day of
    the Dead in México - Soberano/Sansón/Cuatrero/Forastero -
    http://youtu.be/ouML3KDPLzQ?t=01h40m12s

*Soberano Jr/Angel de Oro/Niebla Roja vs Sansón/Cuatrero/Forastero -
    Starts at 43:00 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2bgjXw4kWA

-

Other fun stuff worth a watch:

Dragon Lee vs Niebla Roja - (5/02) - http://youtu.be/-ZvdLcrUqTQ?t=01h11m08s

Rey Cometa vs Cavernario (5/16) - http://youtu.be/GVuET41z9G8?t=01h36m18s

*Volador Jr vs Cavernario (6/20 - NWA World Welterweight Title) -
    http://youtu.be/lacAUH-C4nc?t=01h56m00s

Blue Panther vs Sam Adonis - Hair vs Hair (8/4)
    http://youtu.be/t5vPRp_nuEM?t=01h58m37s

Princesa Sugehit*vs*Zeuxis - Mask vs Mask, CMLL Aniversario 84 -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_wFCaDPZw

*Gran Guerrero vs Niebla Roja - Mask vs Mask, CMLL Aniversario 84 Main
    Event - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4lG2pxaMq4

*My fave five in CMLL
    Angels in Flight~

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Thanks for the recommendation. Surprised Volador Jr. vs. Caristico wasn't on your list. I loved that match.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Thanks for the recommendation. Surprised Volador Jr. vs. Caristico wasn't on your list. I loved that match.
    I tried to list stuff not mentioned already, but that is up there along with ZSJ/Navarro that I mentioned up there. Definitely worth watching.
    Angels in Flight~

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

I tried to list stuff not mentioned already, but that is up there along with ZSJ/Navarro that I mentioned up there. Definitely worth watching.
    Ah cool. I think I watched ZSJ vs Navarro match earlier in the year, it was good from what I remember. Got to give that a rewatch.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Just watched Cavernario Vs Soberano Jr from March 27th which I thought was pretty damn great.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Soberano also had another great Lightning Match vs. Negro Casas Friday. Really good stuff. Soberano & Hechicero seem to be heading towards something with Hechicero calling himself the King of the Lightning Matches.

Have you seen Ángel de Oro vs Cuatrero's mask match? I thought it was a heck of a match.
    Angels in Flight~

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

The main event of Friday's CMLL show was absolutely phenomenal, either Lucha MOTY or 2nd best behind Oro/Cuatrero. It felt like a huge night for the company overall because they made two bona fide new stars with it being the Gran Alternativa final and set up what could be one of the biggest Aniversario main events in the company's history with the post match angle and LA Park's return to have an Apuestas match with Rush. Flyer/Volador vs. Templario/Ultimo Guerrero. Give it a watch.

Also at the Crash show Penta teased coming to Arena México for his mask which might be the only match in Lucha bigger and there are rumors CMLL is going through a company overhaul and will be trying to modernize soon with how they book. It's kind of a hoot.
    Angels in Flight~

Sweet Meat

Status

The main event of Friday's CMLL show was absolutely phenomenal, either Lucha MOTY or 2nd best behind Oro/Cuatrero. It felt like a huge night for the company overall because they made two bona fide new stars with it being the Gran Alternativa final and set up what could be one of the biggest Aniversario main events in the company's history with the post match angle and LA Park's return to have an Apuestas match with Rush. Flyer/Volador vs. Templario/Ultimo Guerrero. Give it a watch.

Also at the Crash show Penta teased coming to Arena México for his mask which might be the only match in Lucha bigger and there are rumors CMLL is going through a company overhaul and will be trying to modernize soon with how they book. It's kind of a hoot.
    hows business in mexico these days

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

I was confused by the main event, that last hour and a half is a blur for me. Enjoyed the rest show though.

Also, La Park returning!!!!!!
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

@Dook: Great for CMLL, and probably getting better with Park in. If they get a real TV deal they'll be really kicking. AAA doing good, but not great and can dip when they screw up especially bad. Crash is good but their dream match model kind of hampers them. Very dead for most everyone else.

@MC: What were you confused by? Also I really loved the Dinamitas vs Angel de Oro/Soberano/Mistico Trios. Arguably a top 5 cmll match for me too. To me Oro & Soberano both have to be in my top 15-20 wrestlers this year. They're both on fire.
    Angels in Flight~

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Nevermind, I was confusing the 11/05 Show for the last Friday show. Will have to watch that later.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

There was a great match on yesterday's show with Cuatrero defending the Middleweight Title vs Angel de Oro. Amazing creative use of an inverted Bearhug & Oro continues to be one of México's best this year. Not as good as their mask vs mask match in March which was one of the best of the year but still strong, comparable to BOSJ's high end stuff.

Take some time to check out next week's show too since Rey Fénix makes his CMLL debut teaming with Carístico & Místico vs. Cavernario, Negro Casas, & Ultimo Guerrero as well as an undercard match with Soberano, Audaz, Titán, & Soberano Jr. vs. NGDs & both of those matches could be phenomenal. Fénix coming in is great, can't wait to see how his debut goes in terms of fan support.
    Angels in Flight~

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

I actually thought that the Cuatrero vs Angel de Oro was better than their mask vs mask match. Well, the more entertaining of the two anyway. Much more fast paced which would appeal to someone like me who isn't exactly the most loyalist of lucha watchers. Great match nonetheless, probably up their in my top lists. Loved the Oro's triangle moonsault to the outside from the set up, to the execution. Lovely spot. Also, I love the inverted bear hug. Looks so painful and I could buy it as a finisher. Wonder why more people outside of the lucha setting use the move more often. Someone like Lars would be perfect for it because he would help that move get over in the US due to his size.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Good match that from Cuatrero/Oro. I need to see their mask stuff too.

Forgot to bump this last week but I watched the highly rated Los Vs Volador, Flyer and LA Park trio match from the week prior to this one. It's a good match but man alive is LA Park the most overrated thing in wrestling. I know they get great reactions but I really can't get into this Park/Rush rivalry, especially towards the end of matches where Park is blown up and everything he does looks weak. I also watched Oro/Soberano/El Hijo de LA Park Vs
    Cuatrero, Forastero and Sanson from the same show and thought that was a lot of fun too.

Excited to see Rey Fenix in CMLL, plenty of fresh matches there for him.

Has Hechicero done anything worth seeing this year?

Thread Information