Thread: Incubus Promise First Album in Five Years 'Soooooooon'

Status
      Country                    United States

Incubus Promise First Album in Five Years 'Soooooooon'

It's been almost five years since Incubus released a new album. But that career-long layover is about to end as guitarist Mike Einziger tweeted on Tuesday (Jan. 24) that an album is coming "Soooooooon."

While a spokesperson for the band's label said no additional details were available at press time, Einziger promised in a subsequent tweet that "this new album is not mellow," and apologized on Wednesday morning (Jan. 25) for teasing such big news without any concrete information about the follow-up to their last full-length, 2011's If Not Now, When?

Singer Brandon Boyd is a bit excited too.

The guitarist's recent Twitter action, though, offers a few more clues as to what's in store. Last week Einziger posted a picture snuggling with Skrillex, just days after a snap in which he thanked Tesla boss Elon Musk for giving the pair a sneak peek at the new Model X car.

On Jan. 16 Einziger announced that "album and tour announcements coming very soon!!," a day after he revealed that the group had finished recording and had started mixing the untitled album. "You'll hear new songs very soon!!" he wrote.
    Pretty cool news, I could go for some new Incubus. Sounds like they'll have a new sound, too.

Status

Re: Incubus Promise First Album in Five Years 'Soooooooon'

Really looking forward to this. Always been one of my faves.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Incubus Promise First Album in Five Years 'Soooooooon'

I've never been a huge fan, but this definitely catches my attention. I look forward to hearing some tasty new jams.

Thread Information