Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Ready For Asuka

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

@Postman Dave

Spoiler:

That is what I thought that those guys are the Knights of Ren, or they could of trained night and day by Phasma so that could be a possibility. Luke did say he burned his Training Temple, but took a few students with them so maybe some of those students who were there come to play in the third film who knows. Their is so much they can put into Episode 9, it makes me want to see a Episode 10 just cause

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Spoiler:

The only trouble with that is a musical Ewok interlude would probably ruin what's supposed to be a sombre moment.

I also toyed with the idea of keeping Leia alive but off-screen and unhealthy, like the toll of dragging herself back to the ship through space took too much out of her. Then they can have her die partway through the movie and use it to inspire the resistance to win the big final battle and then they can do the grand celebratory finale during her funeral. The trouble with that is how you handle what would again be a pretty sombre moment while also trying to say "hey, yay for us, we won and the Ewok's are playing the Glub Glub song again."
    Spoiler:

I wasn't thinking Glub Glub. I was thinking something soft and sombre, just giving us a new flavour for the Ewoks. Not the party time Ewoks, the sad "we just lost someone special" Ewoks.

...but I do, in general, always want the Glub Glub song.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Saw this finally last night. Was able to avoid spoilers all the way which made the experience all the more enjoyable. Personally don't get the hate for the movie. I really enjoyed it. I wouldn't class it as my fave star wars but by no means was it the worst.

Status
      Country                    United States

Domestic: $531,511,829 49.1%
    + Foreign: $551,400,000 50.9%
    = Worldwide: $1,082,911,829 [/quote]

Here are the updated numbers, and another poster. My God.
    Last edited by Necro; 01-03-2018 at 03:05 PM.

[Infinite Warfare]

Status
      Country                    UK

Not quite the right poster there buddy

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Status
      Country                    United States

So close, yet so far.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Saw TLJ last week at last. Not sure if it's appropriate to not use spoiler tags yet, so I will use them just in case!

Spoiler:

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I like that they took a few risks with this movie. I enjoyed TFA despite the fact that it was basically a rehash, but I was ok with that since it served the purpose of introducing the original Star Wars to a new generation of fans. I thought that TLJ was going to be a rehash of Empire but was glad that it wasn't. There were some parallels, but nothing major.

Adam Driver was excellent in his role as Kylo Ren though I kind of wish that they would have put off unmasking him until this movie (though his confrontation with Han Solo in TFA perhaps wouldn't have been the same).
    Mark Hamill was excellent as Luke Skywalker. I was ok with them 'killing' him off here as I'm certain that he'll return as a force ghost in Episode IX. Especially with Carrie Fisher gone then I think it's kind of a given that he'll be in that movie now. The way they wrote him out was very cool IMO. I do wish that the duel between Skywalker and Kylo would have been longer but alas. I did suspect that there was something up with Luke since I noticed that Kylo was leaving red footprints while Skywalker had nothing, so I knew something was up there. I liked that he wasn't there in person as it was a one last final f*** you to Kylo and one last lesson that light > dark.

I'm very torn on one thing, and that's the very anti-climatic (IMO) and quick death of Snoke. Why build this guy up to be a supposedly supremely powerful force user only for him to be killed so easily by his untamed apprentice in such a manner? You'd think that such a powerful force user would have sensed the betrayal coming?

I do think that getting killed, or seemingly killed (I'll get to that in a moment), was all part of Snoke's plan. His last quote from TFA was that he ordered Kylo Ren's body be brought to him as it was "time to complete his training". Could goading him into killing him be Snoke's idea of Kylo completing his training? Snoke was pretty much belittling Kylo calling him inferior and berating him for being constantly upstaged by Rey and allowing himself to be manipulated by him. He was essentially making fun of Kylo as if he was taunting him to do something about it; striking him down and taking his place. So perhaps sacrificing himself in this manner was Snoke's way of making Kylo fulfill his destiny and becoming the leader of the First Order and all powerful Sith that Snoke knew he could be.
    Another theory I have is that perhaps Snoke isn't dead. I said that he was seemingly killed. Now that we've established that powerful force users can force-project themselves into scenarios, is it possible that Snoke wasn't actually in the throne room here? Is it possible that the person we saw sliced in half was in fact a force projection of Snoke? When we saw Snoke in the throne room he did not look as withered and mangled as he seemed to be in the holograms that we've seen of him in TFA or at the beginning of TLJ. In a similar vain, Luke's force projection was a projection of a younger version of himself, so could it be that the reason Snoke looked less ugly (for the lack of a better word) in the throne room was because it was actually a force projection of a younger version of him? Possible I think.
    Most people seem to want Snoke to remain dead and not want him to return, but I'm on the fence. I think there are some scenarios where him not being actually dead could work.

Whether he's dead or not really dead though, what his apparent death has done is that it's made Kylo Ren a freaking bad ass. Everybody is scared shit-less of him now! And there's seemingly no return to the light for him now. Or is there?...

Leia saving herself flying through space Superman style was strange. Not sure what else to say about that lol.

It'll be interesting to see how they work around Carrie Fisher's death. Apparently they didn't want to change the film to accommodate it and they also have already said that they won't CGI her in. Rumors are that the next movie will take place several years down the line from TLJ, so I think Leia will already be dead when Episode IX starts. I think addressing it in the opening crawl as Fuji(?) suggested is a good idea.

Lots of great things done in TLJ and it sets up Episode IX very nicely. 2 Years is too long! Was this better than TFA? I'd say it was as good for sure. Empire is still my favorite of all time though.

I'm looking forward to the Han Solo film, though I'm worried it won't be ready for it's May release that they're aiming for.
    speaking of the Anthology films, I think there's a lot of scope for plenty more of those. An Anthology movie based on what happened between Episode XI and XII would be good. Showing what Luke was up to (they've shown that they can make Hamill look younger so it's more than possible), how Ben Solo was corrupted by Snoke and became Kylo Ren (which would give fans the much wanted background story of who Snoke is perhaps), a movie focusing on what Obi Wan and perhaps Yoda was doing between Episode III and IV (which opens up the possibility of an appearance from Liam Neeson to appear as a force ghost of Qui Gon).

Lots of ideas. There's a lot of scope with the Anthology films since so much things could have happened between certain Episodes and between trilogies (given how much time lapses between each of the trilogies). Apparently they're also teasing that there's going to be another trilogy of movies after Episode IX? It's unclear if that's going to be a continuation of the saga or not but it'll be interesting to follow what they're going to do with regards to that.

Thread Information