Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: SmackDown Live; Take A Chance

Squash Fodder

Status

Re: SmackDown Live; Take A Chance

Thank you for the comment stojy! It's good to see you around. I'm glad you're enjoying most of the thread, I can understand some weariness with the comedy parts. I'm still getting the hang of pacing that out and writing it properly. I appreciate the honesty and the criticism with it. With this episode, I tried something a little different. This was a massive episode to me in terms of the story development from it, and most of all with the show closing segment and I figured this is one that it's best I write out instead of trying to recap and losing some of the intensity to it. I'm hoping it plays well and look forward to hearing people's thoughts on it.

SMACKDOWN LIVE
    JANUARY 3, 2017

The familiar sound of crashing boxes is how we open SmackDown Live this week. Baron Corbin is thrashing about backstage, destroying everything in his path and demanding to have WWE ChampionAJ Styles come out and face him like a man. He turns a corner and runs into Randy Orton, smirking and standing in a doorway. He tells Corbin when it comes to finding Styles, there’s a few rules to consider. Corbin starts to shrug Orton off, but Orton says if Corbin wants to find Styles, wants to get his hands on him, he may want to pay attention. Corbin pauses and thinks for a moment, giving Orton the chance to tell him to look for the people he’s closest to, he’ll never be far. Corbin shakes his head, steps up to Orton and says for the “old man” to know his role here. He says if he just wanted to stand there and insult his intelligence, maybe he’d like to be the next victim. You should know by now, after everything that happened to Heath Slater, to The Usos, you should be afraid of insulting Baron Corbin. Orton tells Corbin he’s faced much worse. He’s gone toe-to-toe with The Undertaker, he’s been face-to-face with Kane and he’s battled with the likes of John Cena. What makes Baron Corbin so special? Corbin says if he wants to find out, he’ll be happy to teach him, now stay out of my way. Corbin then walks off, and we focus in on Orton looking somewhat impressed and smirking.

The first match of the evening is The Ascension absolutely decimating The Vaudevillains with the Fall of Man. They show their strength and dominance the entire match, never really giving a chance for the Vaudevillains to gain any control. The hover in the ring for a while after winning, showing they’re in control of the yard.

Going backstage again, we see Randy Orton again in the locker room, getting prepared for his match tonight. The commentators highlight that he’ll take on Dolph Ziggler later, but we see a man in jeans walk up to Orton and he looks up to him. Dean Ambrose is standing over him, and with the unusual way he tends to speak, he starts telling Randy that he better be careful out there because, you see, this championship opportunity, it doesn’t actually belong to him. And if he were to, maybe take it, it would really make some people very, very angry. We don’t want that. Orton tells Ambrose that if he’s threatening him, he absolutely dares him to follow through. We found out at Survivor Series that you don’t have what it takes to beat me without someone helping you out, and we found it out at Backlash too. You may be lucky, you may be good, nobody knows. All we know is you’re stupid and you obviously don’t understand what’s good for you, so stay out of my way. Ambrose gives a smile and leans in and whispers to Orton that if he has to, he’ll cave Orton’s head in worse than Brock Lesnar did. He pats Orton on the shoulder, tells him to think about it, and walks off.

The camera follows Ambrose, and behind him as we pass we see Daniel Bryan talking to Kalisto. Bryan has a hand on his shoulder and both look a bit somber as we zoom in and overhear Bryan explaining that due to Kane’s recent suspension, he can’t allow the qualifier from last week to count. Kalisto is pleading with him, but Bryan insists that he’s going to be fair about this. Kalisto will defend his Royal Rumble spot tonight in a match with Tye Dillinger. Kalisto puts his head in his hands and sits down, Bryan says he has to go and walks off. We hover on Kalisto for just a moment before following Bryan out.

Walking up the hallway, Bryan seems very intent. Tom Phillips walks up and asks about his meeting with The Miz later, but Bryan says he isn’t able to comment on that at this time. Phillips asks if Bryan has seen Miz at all tonight, and he says he hasn’t. Tom is left standing there as Bryan continues on, and we spot SmackDown Live Women’s ChampionNikki Bella talking outside the women’s locker room with Alexa Bliss. She instructs Bliss to stand guard over the locker room with the weird things happening recently and Bliss agrees. A title card comes up on the lower third that says “UP NEXT” before we cut to commercial on Bliss standing outside the locker room, looking around nervously.

Getting back from commercial, Nikki Bella is in the ring and cuts a short promo on being the greatest Women’s Champion of all time, and the fact that the idiots who couldn’t figure out who the “Assassin of the Women’s Division” was are now trying to trick her and torment her is just adding to that fact. She says how there is NOBODY on the SmackDown Live roster who is able to stand up to her, NOBODY who is able to beat her, and NOBODY who is woman enough to even try. During the speech, we cut back to Alexa Bliss standing guard still, she seems very nervous and scared to be standing there alone though. Bella then introduces her opponent tonight -- La Luchadora.

During the match, La Luchadora continually outwrestles Bella, and gets a few nearfalls. This obviously doesn’t sit well with Bella, who starts trying to cheat her way to the victory all the while murmuring how she’s the champion and she’s a good person. Eventually, the titantron cuts to show Alexa Bliss has been attacked and is now inside a dark locker room with GLOW sticks hanging from the ceiling and swinging by her. Behind her, you can see a cheetah statue just over her shoulder. Bella is distracted and La Luchadora gets the roll up victory.

Bella is infuriated, but embarrassed. She rolls out of the ring and grabs her title, trying to rush away, but La Luchadora grabs a microphone and calls out to her. It’s a familiar voice, and Nikki stops dead in her tracks and looks back at the ring as La Luchadora removes her mask to reveal BECKY LYNCH!. The crowd cheers, and Nikki looks like she’s seen a ghost. Becky cuts a promo about how you can’t hold Becky Balboa down. No matter how hard you hit, no matter what you do to cheat, no matter the tricks and the traps, you can never keep me down. Unlike you, Nicole, I am not going to fight unfairly. I’m not going to hide behind a mask or keep my identity a secret. You just lost to Becky Freakin’ Lynch, and when I get my hands on you again, you’ll lose again. And again. And again. Because I’m coming for my title. I’m going to get it back. And Nicole, there is NOTHING you can do to keep me from it!

We focus in on Nikki looking stunned while Becky dares her to bring it on. We cut from that to a quick title card to say up next is Heath Slater returning to SmackDown Live, and later we have Dolph Ziggler taking on Randy Orton.

When we get back, in the ring are balloons and a table with a cheap, Party City table cover over a wood table. There’s a cake on it, and badly photoshopped pictures of Beauty and the Man-Beast. Heath Slater comes out to the ring and starts talking about how in the past few months, he has been blessed. He has done things he could have only imagined before. He’s met his best friend, he’s tag teamed with him, he was in a tournament, he earned a contract to SmackDown Live. These past few months, he’s been on Cloud 9. So tonight, he wanted to do something special. He wanted to celebrate the joy of having his best friend, he wanted to celebrate working together and winning, he wanted to be together. So without further ado, please welcome his best friend Rhyno!.

Rhyno makes his return to SmackDown Live, marching down to the ring and looking somewhat reluctant. He looks at the pictures and chuckles. He notices that on the table are crackers and cheese, his favorite. Slater tells Rhyno that if it weren’t for him, he would never have found the strength he needed at TLC. The power of his friendship has been the best thing ever, and at TLC he took on and defeated Baron Corbin for YOU, Rhyno. It was the power you have given me, and man, I just wanted to thank you and say that we did it. Beauty and the Man-Beast are back, man. Rhyno is trying to downplay everything, trying to tell Heath to stop, but Heath keeps on going, telling Rhyno that he just wanted to make him proud, he wanted to do something for his best friend and avenge him. Heath turns to the side, grabs something from the announcer and turns telling Rhyno he’s gotten him something -- AND IS HIT WITH A MONSTROUS GORE!!!

Rhyno tells Heath that is absolutely sick of having to put up with him and his stupid kids. Half of them, he doesn’t even think are actually his. Granted, it only makes sense that with a man like you, your wife would need to find someone else. Look at you, grovelling over friendship, crying over a cheap win where you got the crap beat out of you. You make me sick. Being the Man-Beast used to mean something, and now it’s going to mean something again. Without the annoying, stupid freak by my side. Heath is crawling, grabbing at Rhyno’s boots and saying he did it for him though, and Rhyno grabs him by the hair, lifts him up and pulls him in. He lifts and spins into A SPINEBUSTER THROUGH THE TABLE AND RIGHT ON TOP OF THE CAKE!!. Rhyno stands over Slater as we cut away.

Baron Corbin is backstage, he paused to see the destruction and smirks, knowing he was a primary cause of this. He keeps marching through the backstage area, calling out for AJ Styles to be a real man, and a real WWE Champion and face him like he promised. Apparently his word means absolutely nothing. He turns a corner and runs into Breezango who are stopped dead. Fandango takes the opportunity and hands Corbin a ticket for noise ordinance around here. Tyler Breeze tells Dango he’s never seen a biker without the bike, or the mystique. Corbin seems to get pissed with this, grabs both and pushes them against the wall. He tells them to stay the hell out of his way, or else. He storms off, still searching. Breeze looks at Dango and tells him that was assault of an officer, and Dango says to let him go -- he’s a free spirit, and there’s nothing we can do about him.

They go to walk off and run into Shane McMahon. He explains that he’s impressed that Breezango haven’t lost in a while, and says he’s decided he’s going to help them. Breeze gets excited, asking if they get to keep their Chief Santino. McMahon says he has other ideas. Dango says he thinks they’re going to be getting a promotion, maybe head of investigations? Breeze says that sounds good, he was hoping for something more like meter maid. I look good in a maid outfit. McMahon cuts them off, obviously confused and concerned. He tells them that next week, they get to take on the hottest team on SmackDown Live lately, The Ascension. They both seem confused as to how this is good news, and McMahon says it’s good news for him and walks off. We cut to commercial zoomed in on Breeze and Dango.

Back from commercial, Tom Phillips is outside the locker room of The Miz. He knocks on the door, and Maryse answers. Tom asks if he can speak with Miz, and Maryse says absolutely not. After all, am I not good enough? Tom says she’s fine, and asks her what her thoughts are on the invitation from Daniel Bryan tonight. She says no interviews are allowed and slams the door in Tom’s face.

We cut out to the ring where John Cena has his Royal Rumble qualifying match against NXT starAndrade ‘Cien’ Almas. Almas gets a lot of great moves in, and has a great spot where he has the ‘tranquilo’ pose, ducks down and drops Cena out then hits a flurry of high impact and high speed moves. He nearly puts Cena away a couple of times, partially due to Cena constantly showboating to try and draw out The Undertaker. Cena taunts Taker frequently throughout to no avail. Almas gets his hammerlock DDT for a two count, but by the end, Cena gets the win with the Attitude Adjustment. Almas comes out looking fantastic, though.

Backstage, Tom Phillips meets up with Tye Dillinger. Dillinger speaks to the camera telling Apollo Crews that he’s impressed with the cowardism of a man proclaiming himself the ‘Perfect Eleven.’ You hide, you come out and call yourself awesome, then you hide again. There’s nothing about you that screams “I’m better than other people.” In fact, you’re the epitome of a mediocre two. Like I’ve said, maybe I’m not the ‘Perfect Ten,’ but I am a hell of a lot better than you. At the very least, I follow through on my promises. At the very least, I give it my best damn effort. At the very least, I am going to fight and scratch and claw for the people out there, not the person back here. You call yourself an eleven, maybe you should rethink that, because all I see is a coward. A title card comes up on the bottom saying “UP NEXT”.

Out to the ring, we have Tye Dillinger take on Kalisto in a match for Kalisto’s Royal Rumble spot. They have a solid match, with Kalisto highlighting his speed and lucha techniques while Dillinger manages to get the crowd involved with his famous “TEN” chant. At the end, Apollo Crews comes out and sneaks in to hit Dillinger with a surprise superkick that knocks him clear out. Neither the referee nor Kalisto notice and Kalisto gets the pin, barely. As Dillinger gets up, he realizes what happened and jumps out of the ring to chase Crews backstage. While Crews runs off, The Revival come out and pass him and Dillinger to go get their revenge on Kalisto. They rush into the ring and start beating down on Kalisto, and we show Dillinger on the stage about to catch Crews when he stops and turns to see Kalisto being taken advantage of. He thinks, looks in both directions and the crowd starts chanting “TEN.” He looks down at his hands, giving himself the “TEN” and then runs to the ring and makes the save on Kalisto. He runs in, knocking back both Wilder and Dawson and manages to clothesline Dawson out of the ring, while Wilder ducks out to recuperate with his teammate. Dillinger checks on Kalisto and protects him as we fade off to commercial.

Coming back, it’s time for a REMEMBER THE RUMBLE vignette. In honor of the tagline of the Rumble this year, we have a pretaped interview with AJ Styles with the WWE Championship on his shoulder. He talks about the Royal Rumble last year, coming out at number three and the excitement he felt. He says how the Rumble is truly something special, something you will never find anywhere else in the world. Last year, he was debuting in the WWE. This year, he’s going to the Rumble as WWE Champion and it’s going to be just as special.

We cut away to Baron Corbin standing in front of a camera backstage. He looks into it, staring with cold, dead eyes. He screams that next week, he’s going to find AJ Styles. He’s going to find his Club. He’s going to torment them, torture them, BREAK them. And if you try to hide again, go ahead. But you can’t hide forever, and when I do find you, I will drag you to that ring and I will destroy you, I will take your precious championship, I will make you an afterthought. I’ll get what I want, one way or another. I’ll get it.

As Corbin walks away, he runs into Dolph Ziggler who looks at him strangely, and Corbin pushes through him, bumping shoulders with him. Ziggler looks into the camera, smirks and shakes his head. He says kids these days, they just don’t understand. You don’t “earn it” in a week, you don’t get to lose to Heath Slater and become special because you attack somebody. Typical Daniel Bryan era, John Cena era entitlement. Exactly what I will end here. Unlike them, the ones who are just handed it, I’ve earned everything I’ve gotten and then some. Tonight, I’m going to show Randy Orton that he isn’t entitled to anything because of his name. A card pulls up that says “UP NEXT.”

Ringside again for our main event match between Dolph Ziggler and Randy Orton. Having had this previously, they have a similar match with some key differences. Orton manages to hit an RKO early on, but Ziggler is able to kick out to the shock of the crowd and Orton. Ziggler hits the ZigZag, but Orton kicks out of it. It’s a great back and forth match, and just as Ziggler is about to hit the Superkick to end it, Baron Corbin comes out and runs him over with a massive clothesline. He sees Orton getting up and pulls him in and hits the END OF DAYS on him. Ziggler stands, turns and takes a DEEP SIX for his troubles as well. Corbin stands over both of them and screams to them that they should learn to fear him, that he’s somebody to be feared and respected. He wants his chance, he’s earned his damn chance and he’s going to take it. Do NOT stand in my way.

We cut to our final commercial break with Corbin over the two.

“FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES”

Daniel Bryan walks out onto the stage and is met with a chorus of “YES!” chants and arm thrusts from fans. He’s smiling, but you can see him growing a bit weary in the eyes. He hops down the ramp doing the “YES!” chant with his adoring fans. He’s ecstatic.Getting into the ring, he grabs a microphone, he has a clipboard with him.

DANIEL BRYAN || Good evening everybody! I hope you’ve had a great time here tonight at SMACKDOWN LIVE!

More “YES!” chants from the crowd, and Bryan laughs a bit.

DANIEL BRYAN || Considering we’ve been running an advertisement for it all night long, I’m sure you know why I’m out here tonight.

Some soft booing comes through.

DANIEL BRYAN ||Now, now. Over the past few months, there has been a steady disagreement between myself and a man named Michael Mizanin. He has enlisted agents, he’s enlisted lawyers and he’s even sent his wife, Maryse.

The boo’s begin to grow a bit.

DANIEL BRYAN || So tonight, I have decided to take it upon myself to “bury the hatchet.” Tonight, I’m letting you behind closed doors. I’ve decided to invite Miz, as he likes to be called, out here tonight to show him that SmackDown Live cares about him …

“BOOO” from the crowd, cutting off Bryan.

DANIEL BRYAN ||I’m sure you all care. And to show him how much we all care about him, allow me to welcome out here my guest at this time, accompanied by his wife, Maryse -- MICHAEL “THE MIZ” MIZANIN!

“QUIET ON THE SET … CAN WE PLEASE HAVE QUIET ON THE SET?

AWWWEEESSSOOOOMMMMEEE!!!"

“I came to play” starts playing, the lights have dimmed, and the crowd has gone on full blast for the man who has tormented Daniel Bryan for months over anything and everything he could. Bryan’s smile has dissipated as he’s met eyes with Miz, walking out in a three-piece suit with Maryse on his arm. They stand atop the ramp, kiss, the Intercontinental Championship heavily featured on Miz’s shoulder. They walk down, ignoring the fans and giving their evil smirk to show how they view themselves as better than everybody. They enter the ring, Miz holding the ropes for Maryse, and come face to face with Daniel.

DANIEL BRYAN || I’m glad to see you made it safely, Miz.

MARYSE ||Oh yes, you care so deeply about safety. I’m glad you’ve finally come to your senses.

THE MIZ || Babe, babe.

DANIEL BRYAN || It’s alright, what do you have to say, Maryse?

MARYSE ||No, my husband is right. We’re here to have a meeting, to be together.

THE MIZ ||What I think my wife meant to say was that she’s happy to see that we were able to work something out. I assume that’s the deal in your hand?

DANIEL BRYAN || Yes, it is. I’ve worked long and hard over this, Miz, and I’m certain you’ll love it.

Miz snatches the clipboard from Bryan’s hand and starts reading over it. He flips pages furiously, his face growing red.

THE MIZ || IS THIS SOME KIND OF JOKE?!

MARYSE || What is the meaning of this, Daniel?

DANIEL BRYAN || Miz, I am …

Maryse slaps Daniel across the face, shutting him up and stands in his face as he checks for blood.

MARYSE || This is downright appalling. This is absolutely disrespectful. How DARE you treat my husband like this?! He is the INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION! You should respect him. You should honor him. He brings value to your show, he shows up and immediately brings viewers and fans and what do you do? You spit in his face? Well I spit in yours!

Maryse spits in Bryan’s face, and Bryan takes a couple steps back. Miz grabs Maryse and pulls her back, his face is red as he steps up to Bryan.

THE MIZ ||YOU HAVE DONE THIS AT EVERY TURN! I work my ass off. I push and push, I am here every single night doing what no one else will. You don’t see Roman Reigns out here. You don’t see John Cena out here. You sure as hell don’t see DANIEL BRYAN, the saviour of the masses, out here. You see me, coming out here and working my ass off. I do everything. I am the saviour of this show. I have made you millions. I have drawn the views. I am the Intercontinental Champion, I brought that back to relevance. I did something you could never do, and then I did something you did and made it better. I get it, I do, you’re jealous. You can’t handle that you’ve failed. That you’re through. So instead, you come out here, you become what you hated. You hold back the real talent. You push me back. YOU have done nothing but HOLD ME DOWN, ENDANGER MY WIFE AND TRIED TO TAKE MY TITLE. You should be honoring me, and with this you’re saying I won’t be in the Royal Rumble?

Cheers from the crowd.

THE MIZ ||OH SHUT THE HELL UP! I’m better than each and every one of you. You say I have to compete for my title every damn week, I could lose my title any time?

More cheers from the crowd.

THE MIZ || WHAT DID I JUST SAY?! Fine. Fine. I see how it is. I bet Raw will treat a champion better. I’m better than them. I’m better than SmackDown Live. I’m sure as hell better than YOU, Daniel. Come on Maryse, we’ve got better places than this to be.

Bryan shakes his head, his eyebrows furrow and his face is starting to get red.

DANIEL BRYAN || NO!

The crowd starts doing the “NO!” chant.

DANIEL BRYAN ||I AM SICK OF THIS. I AM SICK OF YOU, MIZ. YOU WALK AROUND HERE LIKE YOU OWN THE WORLD. You think you’re so important just because you’re the Intercontinental Champion? I could buy a new belt and strip you of that right now if I wanted to.

“YES!” chants start reverberating through again, and Miz and Maryse turn and stare at Bryan.

DANIEL BRYAN || You know why I gave you this offer? Because I’m done giving in to you. I’m DONE with EVERYTHING you two have put me through. I’m no push over. I’m not putting up with it. You want something, how about earning it for once.

THE MIZ ||FOR ONCE?! Have you been paying any attention?! I’ve been earning it for YEARS and I get NO RESPECT from the likes of you!

DANIEL BRYAN || YOU’VE BEEN DOING NOTHING!

THE MIZ ||YOU’RE ONE TO TALK! YOU SIT ON YOUR ASS, I’M THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION!

DANIEL BRYAN || I AM SICK OF THIS. MIZ, YOU’RE A F****** B-PLUS PLAYER. THAT’S ALL YOU ARE! YOU AREN’T WORTH THE TIME!

The Miz looks stunned for a moment.

THE MIZ || I’m a what?

MARYSE ||WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL MY HUSBAND?!

DANIEL BRYAN || He’s just a no-good, cheating, barely known on the red-carpet B-Plus Player.

And with that, Miz has snapped and tosses Maryse aside. He tackles Bryan and a brawl ensues, he starts beating on Bryan, his face red with anger. Security comes rushing out to try and break them up, and it takes six of them to hold Miz back as they check on Bryan. Miz breaks free as Bryan is starting to get up and tackles him down again, swinging wildly at him and screaming “WHO’S A B+ PLAYER NOW?!” The security finally pulls him off, adding a few more to drag him away.

We watch as they get Bryan up to his knees, holding the ropes and checking his ear for blood, and he looks up the ramp to see Miz being dragged away, foaming at the mouth and screaming at Bryan about not being a B+ Player. Maryse is following, she turns and goes to throw her hands up, and before we catch what she does the camera cuts back to Bryan. We cut one more time to Miz as he gets taken behind the curtains and fade away.

ROYAL RUMBLE
    January 29, 2017

Royal Rumble Match

Confirmed Entrants:
    Apollo Crews, Kalisto, and John Cena

Underdog

Status

Iíve really enjoyed the turn of events with Baron Corbin over the past couple of weeks. Despite the loss at the PPV, he has really taken a more serious role dealing with AJ and Orton. Corbin being furious and wanting to find AJ is fine, and Ortonís role in this was very interesting. Giving somebody like Corbin advice just leaves me wondering what happens from here. Corbinís bad attitude was written well though, and this was a fun segment to open the show with.

There is a philosophy I learned from a booker elsewhere and that was that the only time a squash match should open in ring actionÖ Is if something big happens after it or a promo is cut. Neither here so not sure I liked the placing of this, the opener is supposed to get the crowd pumped. This wouldnít have done that, imo. I guess this is a solid win for The Ascension though.

:lmao at the way Dean Ambrose speaks being called unusual. Fair point but when I read it, I found it funny. I really enjoyed this segment between Ambrose and Orton as it felt like there was proper hatred between the two, which makes the sense considering they have been joint at the hip since this thread started. That last line about the Brock Lesnar cave in was awesome as well. Good stuff.

I still donít like the way the whole qualifier scenario with Kaneís suspension has been booked. I wonder whether this was your plan all along, or whether youíve added this in based off feedback. Either way, Kalisto/Dillinger sounds like a good match but I donít agree with Kalisto being punished for something Kane did. Like last week, the situation with the booking of this angle just hasnít got me on side.

Bryan being asked about The Miz is just a smart way of hyping up what is sure to be a good segment between them later. Good stuff.

Alexa Bliss being on security guard duty sucks for her. It makes sense for Nikki to want this although Iím not sure the dynamic between Nikki/Alexa is completely there yet. Alexa is a bitch and I feel as if sheíd still struggle to take orders so easily, especially so early on in the relationship, but you havenít shown that at all.

Nikki promo was pretty standard stuff, however Bliss being kidnapped with glow sticks lying around is awesomeÖ As was the masked lady turning out to be Becky Lynch. All booked really well, and Beckyís promo was well written as well. Good stuff all around.

I really enjoyed this segment between Slater and Rhyno. It was quite obvious with those hospital segments a month ago that Rhyno would be turning on Slater. To do it in such a Kevin Owens festival of friendship sort of way was a nice touch. From here, Iím looking forward to see a Rhyno push, as you can probably tell from my thread, Iím a massive fan of his. This will hopefully give Slater a more serious edge in their feud as well, great segment.

Corbin still looking for Styles makes me think something big is going to happen when AJ finally does appear. :lmao at the biker without a bike line, brilliant stuff. The Fashion Police being put in their place by Corbin was good though, showing that heís not a joke. Iíve enjoyed the two Corbin segments tonight, hopefully there is a pay off on tonightís show.

Shane McMahon continuing his mission of torturing Santino and Breezango is something I like. Heís still a babyface, but itís just a different angle. I really like it and this segment was fun, setting up a solid match for next week, and continuing a fun angle.

Maryse not giving much away which is to be expected, and itís smart that youíve continued to hype this Bryan/Miz meeting throughout the night.

Give Almas a call up, Iím a mark for the guy. Apart from that, Iím really happy he didnít just get squashed because as we have learned over the past couple of years, Cena is actually quite good at putting over talent. A good win for Cena though and the ĎTaker taunts was well put in. Canít wait to see Cena/Taker step it up a level at the Rumble.

A very intense interview from Dillinger which is something we havenít really seen from him before. It makes sense to with the way his break up with Apollo has gone down. I wasnít completely sold on Tye self-doubting himself so hard though, trashing his own perfect ten nickname, not sure I felt it. Still, a solid, intense interview though.

Apollo costing Tye the Rumble match makes sense, and this was another good win for Kalisto. The aftermath with Dillinger wanting to go after Crews was good. The Revival are such assholes, and picking on Kalisto here was another example of that. Iíve really enjoyed your booking of The Revival thus far and this was no different. Dillinger making the save was a nice touch, and I smell a tag team match next week.

AJ Styles pre-taped interview makes me think heís not here tonightÖ This makes me upset after all the awesome stuff with Corbin so far. It makes sense as a booker to tease the pay off and deliver on a different occasion though. Very well done.

Corbinís last little bit here was intense and well written. I canít wait to see what happens here next week. Ziggler bumping shoulders with Corbin and using him as an example was sensational, because it completely proved Dolphís point. Looking forward to the main event now as well.

Ziggler/Orton would have been a pretty good match by the sounds of things. I really didnít expect Corbin to interfere with his AJ focus, but it makes sense considering his dealings with Dolph and Orton throughout the show. Iím glad three or four Corbin segments meant there was a pay off on tonightís show. Really well done and Iím intrigued to see what happens in the title picture from here. Although, as much as I love Corbin at the moment, surely heís not in the title picture after losing to Slater.

I absolutely ADORED this final segment. As much as recaps do the job and still show how great the booking is, there is just that extra something about reading a full segment. Very well written. Maryse with the slap and the spit was just crazy, added so much to this, so I applaud your use of Maryse here. Everything that was said was so intense, it was perfect. Bryan finally losing it at the end, only to get attacked was brilliant as well. The only issue I have is beeped out or not, Bryan would never be allowed to swear on WWE TV. Outside of that, this segment was perfect. Hopefully this foreshadows a match between the two at Mania, because this feud in real life, and especially in this thread, has been very worthy of a big stage blow off match. Awesome stuff.

A few minor things I disagreed with but overall another good show. By this point, itís obvious I like the direction youíre heading and a lot of characters, especially Corbin over the past few weeks. That final segment was amazing to, write more segments in full please. As always, a pleasant experience and Iíll be back for more.

Squash Fodder

Status

Thank you very much for the comments stojy. I always appreciate hearing from you, and I really appreciate that you enjoyed the full segment. I felt that was a huge moment and deserved to be written in full. Considering you asked for some more full segments, I felt maybe I'll give it a shot here again so the show today starts out with a more experimental segment written in full to see how it comes out. Personally, I enjoyed it but we'll see. Kane's scenario is somewhat rushed and something in response to some other developments, but I figured it works. I am trying to push Corbin pretty well at this stage, just seeing how it comes out. And actually the women's angle is what I'm most hoping will come out well considering the success of the mystery attacker, I feel the follow up here is important so I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it and hope it continues to be a success!

SMACKDOWN LIVE
    January 10, 2017

The show opens this week on a black Escalade pulling into the parking lot near the door. The camera swings around and shows The Usos in the front seats, Jey driving. They get out, peek around the lot a bit and duck down at the urge of someone in the back seat. The door opens and out steps AJ Styles.

AJ STYLES || Are you crazy? We have to get moving. Come on.

The three are ducked down. With AJ having been hunted by Randy Orton, Dean Ambrose and most recently Baron Corbin, The Club is understandably nervous. They open the door and AJ tells Jimmy Uso to go ahead. Heís a bit hesitant, but peeks through and nods for them to keep going. The shine of AJís WWE Championship belt is giving them away a bit, but they seem to be doing just fine. Until they get just inside the door and the camera is able to swing around behind them to show down the hallway to their right is Baron Corbin walking through, and to the left is Dean Ambrose adjusting the tape on his wrists. AJ looks ahead and spots a door and points.

AJ STYLES || Go go go. We have to move, quick.

They open the door and quickly slide in, leaving it cracked and peeking out where the camera can see Corbin and Ambrose walk up to each other. Ambrose seems to be chewing gum and smacking his lips loudly, very animated in his speech while Corbin is easily heard through the door.

BARON CORBIN || Look here, you better watch your mouth before someone -- I mean -- I knock it off your ugly face. You better hope I donít find AJ Styles, you better hope I donít find you when Iím angry.

Jey Uso whispers to tell the guys thereís something behind them. They turn and the camera continues following, turning away just as Ambrose says something else. We follow through the darkness to what appears to be another room where in the corner we see The Miz.

THE MIZ || A B-PLUS PLAYER! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?

AJ STYLES || *whispering* okay, letís sneak by.

THE MIZ || What was that? Oh great, now he has people spying on me. I swear, Daniel Bryan is the worst thing to happen to the WWE. Heís the worst manager of all time. Iím going to do something tonight, thatís what will teach him.

The Club has snuck out the door to their left, but the camera is a bit slow to follow. As we catch up, theyíre nervously turning and running to the right. The camera peeks left and spots Baron Corbin continuing up the hallway, then turns to follow. Styles opens a door, and we see Bray Wyatt and the Wyatt Family standing in a dark room around The Hype Bros. and the Man in Tweed.

THE HYPE BROS || HELP US!

They shut the door abruptly.

JIMMY USO || Wrong room.

They go to the next room over and open the door to find Heath Slater.

HEATH SLATER || Why did he do it? My best friend Ö

Again theyíre quick to shut the door.

JEY USO || Another wrong room.

AJ STYLES ||I donít care, letís get out of here.

They sneak into a locker room nearby and duck down to the side of the door. The camera pans around to see Baron Corbin just walking by, not noticing the trio. It then turns to show DIY is in the locker room.

JOHNNY GARGANO || I canít wait to our hands on those Usos. Theyíre literally what you would get if you took 3 Minute Warning and made it into 15 Minute Snooze.

TOMASSO CIAMPA ||Theyíre the background of a rap music video that was made by some 15-year-old whoís somehow still better at literally anything than they are.

JOHNNY GARGANO || They want to mess with us. They think theyíre the best. Fine, weíll show them exactly what a REAL team is. The brothers you choose.

DIY walk out of the locker room, leaving The Club there. The Usos look furious, ready to strike, but Styles holds them back.

AJ STYLES ||No, no, no. Eyes on the prize, boys. You can deal with them later. Do not draw attention to us.

Styles directs them to leave as well, they turn up the hallway in the opposite direction of Corbin was walking. However, as the camera soon shows, Corbin has just turned around and spots them.

BARON CORBIN ||HEY!

He starts to give chase, and the three of them book it down the hall. The camera is following as closely as it can, they turn a corner and duck into what appears to be a closet. You can hear Corbin running by, smacking the walls and doors to try and scare them out, but they stay put until the noise dies down. Suddenly, the lights click on from a drawstring above them and show Breezango in there with them.

JEY USO ||Not these clowns again.

TYLER BREEZE || See Dango! I told you a stake out would work!

FANDANGO ||Breeze, this isnít The Ascension though. Itís The Usos.

TYLER BREEZE || Oh, I canít tell any of those paint wearing teams apart.

FANDANGO ||Itís easy. The Usos are pudgy, and theyíre twins.

AJ STYLES ||I hope heís gone because I canít take this much longer.

TYLER BREEZE || How do you tell which one is which then if theyíre twins?

FANDANGO ||Easy, Jey has an e in his name. Left has an e in it. Therefore, Jey is always on the left.

TYLER BREEZE || Oh! I get it!

JIMMY USO || Thatís not how that works.

Fandango points to the Uso who last spoke.

FANDANGO ||See, on the left, clearly Jey.

JIMMY USO || Iím Jimmy.

BREEZANGO || No, youíre Jey.

TYLER BREEZE ||See, even they canít tell themselves apart!

The Usos give a knowing look to Styles.

AJ STYLES || Fine.

The door busts open and The Usos immediately superkick Breezango knocking them out, but alerting anyone around with the sound.

AJ STYLES || Come on, letís get moving. We can make it.

JEY USO ||That felt good, about time we shut those idiots up.

Styles guides The Usos up the hallway they were going before and they spot SmackDown Live womenís champion Nikki Bella talking to Alexa Bliss.

NIKKI BELLA || What do you think Becky has up her sleeve?

ALEXA BLISS || Look, Nikki, Iím just .. I donít want to be getting into these creepy situations anymore. What is the plan here? I thought you were supposed to have rid us of the trash of the Womenís division?

NIKKI BELLA ||Sometimes, the trash needs to be taken out a few times before it gets the hint and learns to stay gone.

Styles nods to sneak by the two, and they do before going into a locker room. The camera changes finally, inside the locker room we see Styles turn and run into Dolph Ziggler.

AJ STYLES || Just the man I wanted to see.

DOLPH ZIGGLER ||Really? Oh thatís funny, I was hoping to see you too.

AJ STYLES || Look, Dolph, I appreciate what you did last week.

DOLPH ZIGGLER || What I did? For you? Last I checked, all I did was take a beating for you without expecting it. Last I checked, Baron Corbin was hunting YOU and YOU are the coward who keeps running from him. Last I checked, YOU are putting everyone in danger because you canít swallow your pride or man up. You appreciate what I did?

AJ STYLES || Easy, Dolph.

JIMMY USO || Chill, Uce. We got much bigger fish to fry than Baron Corbin.

AJ STYLES || What I appreciate is that you disposed of Randy Orton. I get it wasnít how you wanted, and I know itís hard to be ostracized by Daniel Bryan like this. I mean, he is constantly keeping you down, constantly pushing you down. But I appreciate you, Dolph. I give you full credit for all the things youíve done. Think about it, you actually earn your opportunities and deserve them. Getting rid of Randy Orton, it benefits both of us, because we both have earned everything we got. He just gets it handed to him by Daniel Bryan, because Daniel Bryan doesnít want US to succeed. Dolph, I want you to succeed. I want to see you get opportunities and I appreciate the fight youíre putting up to get them.

DOLPH ZIGGLER ||Then how about, instead of all this bull about me facing Randy Orton and Dean Ambrose, how about you just agree to put that WWE Championship on the line against me and we just settle it there?

AJ STYLES ||Dolph, thereís a long war ahead. We canít be squabbling like this. Youíre right, you deserve the Championship match. And I will give it to you. But first, we have to keep fighting the good fight. We have to keep taking down the Randy Ortons, the John Cenas, the Dean Ambroses of the WWE. Think about it Dolph, youíll have your moment soon. We have to make Daniel Bryan recognize your moment, though. We have to make the blind see the light.

DOLPH ZIGGLER || Yeah, yeah. Fine, but remember, that Championship match belongs to me. When I decide, when I come for it, remember that.

AJ STYLES ||Of course, Dolph. I want you to have it. I believe in Dolph Ziggler. Remember that.

The camera zooms out a bit with the two smirking and nodding at each other and we cut away to the ring for our first match, and the return of the recap format.

The first match of the evening pits Heath Slater up against NXT SuperstarOney Lorcan in a Royal Rumble Qualifying Match. Oney has a great showing, hitting some very stiff shots on Heath, who seems to still be moping about Rhyno at times. Heath starts to get a bit of a roll at one point, but Oneyís stiff shots and skill pay off as he goes. Unfortunately, the match ends with a disqualification victory for Slater as THE MIZ comes running in from the crowd and starts beating on both Slater and Lorcan. He stares into the camera and with a disheveled look that makes it seem like he hasnít slept since last week screams out ďIs this what a B-PLUS PLAYER would do? Am I still just some B-PLUS PLAYER to you? I WILL TEAR DOWN THIS SHOW PIECE BY PIECE UNTIL I GET MY WAY, UNTIL I GET MY RUMBLE SPOT!Ē He hits the Skull Crushing Finale on Lorcan, who sells it well, and stands over his body for a moment. Security rushes out to grab Miz and escorts him away while medical attention is given to Lorcan in the ring.

Cutting backstage, we see Daniel Bryan in front of a television looking disappointed as we see Miz being dragged out again, eerily similar to last week, and screaming for Bryan. Dasha Fuentes walks up and recaps that itís been a tumultuous time for Bryan recently, and asks for his thoughts. Clearly exhausted and focused, Bryan says he has other business to attend to and walks off. The camera tracks him as he walks off, but itís a short trip as he runs into Baron Corbin. Bryan says that Corbin has a lot of nerve doing what he did last week and then walking around here like he owns the place. Corbin says itís because he does, he runs this place because this place isnít run on the hopes and dreams of the spunky little brats, itís run on the fear that you hope you never run into Baron Corbin on a bad day. And Daniel, today is a BAD DAY. I want AJ Styles, tonight. Daniel doesnít even hesitate, obviously thinking ahead to other things, he says if you can find him, if you can draw him out -- heís yours. Itís up to you to get him though.

Bryan continues walking off as we zoom in on Corbinís smirk then cut away. We see Becky Lynch walking down a hallway and the bottom corner shows ďUP NEXTĒ. Tom Phillips walks up and asks Becky where sheís been for the past few weeks and her thoughts on Nikki Bellaís recent reign of terror. Becky pauses and looks at Tom and says that sheís been just biding her time. Nicole was a coward at TLC. Nicole thought she could use her underhanded tactics, her dirty tricks and she could use illegal tactics to get ahead in life. Well Nicole, let this be a lesson to you, when youíre going to be hiding behind a little note, you arenít the only one who can hide a little. When youíre going to be attacking woman after woman on the SmackDown Live roster, youíre going to have a lot of enemies. Nicole, Alexa, you have your little pow-wow while it lasts. You enjoy having that title belt around your waist and pretending to be loved and pretending that youíre smarter than other people. When the time comes, and the time is coming real soon, you arenít going to be standing very long. You wonít be using that arm to choke anybody out. You wonít be using your brain to come up with silly tricks and games. Youíre going to be lying on the mat, crying and pleading and begging ďBecky, please. Becky, you win. Becky, I didnít mean it.Ē And in that moment, I will show you what true power is.

After a short commercial break, we come back to ringside where Becky Lynch is taking on a local competitor by the name of Deonna Purrazzo. Deonna gets a few good looks in, benefitting mostly by the fire of Becky Lynch and the skillset she holds. Lynch locks in the Dis-Arm-Her eventually and makes Purrazzo tap out. After the match, Alexa Bliss is standing outside the ring and twirling her hair a bit, jawing with Becky as Nikki Bella comes running up from behind and attacks Becky. She has the shoelace in her hand and wraps it around Beckyís throat quickly to try and choke her out, as Alexa is taunting her and badmouthing her. Becky is knocked out, and security hits the ring for the second time this evening. Nikki grabs the SmackDown Live Womenís Championship and raises it high, and we see her stand over Becky and say ďThe Assassin strikes again, poor wittle Becky.Ē

Backstage again, Breezango are walking down a hallway holding their jaws. Breeze remarks how ridiculous it is that they didnít see The Ascension on their stakeout. He says they must be hiding in a different broom closet. Fandango looks at Breeze, still rubbing his jaw, and asks if he was saying anything and says ďsorry, I couldnít hear you, my jaw hurts.Ē Breeze says that makes sense and the two continue walking through the hallway where they see Santino looking frantic and ecstatic to see them. He says itís good he found them, theyíre coming up soon and they have to prepare! What happened to you? Dango says it was a huge fight, big brawl, weíll write up the report when we get back to the precinct. Breeze nods along and agrees, saying it was massive, youíd never believe it, big bust, boss. Santino says well letís get to work, and walks off and Dango and Breeze look at each other kind of worriedly knowing theyíve both lied.

Behind them, we see Shane McMahon, who notices them and yells out for them. They duck their heads as if in shame and turn to respond. Shane tells them that heís expecting a good match tonight, otherwise he wouldnít have wasted the time of having Santino and his puppets on the show. They look a little bit annoyed and say they understand. He says, good, due to that, Iíve decided to spice things up a little bit and Santino is officially banned from ringside! Dango says thatís over the line. Breeze yells ďObjection, your honor!Ē Shane says overruled, anyway have a good match guys. He runs off and the two look even more worried and dejected than before.

Commercials hit, then we come back to Randy Orton walking into the office of Daniel Bryan. Daniel looks to be rearranging a bit, or just plain messy and frantic. He asks Randy what he needs, and Orton asks if he saw what happened last week. Daniel says last he checked, you were the one egging Corbin on to do something big. He says thatís true, I figure what could it hurt for the kid to get some experience targeting a big dog. Well, now heís about to find out. The kid wants to play games and act all big and bad, fine, whatever. He stepped in the way of the wrong man, so give me Baron Corbin so I can put him in his place, RKO him, get the three and show him just what heís worth in the WWE. Bryan is still scrambling through papers and tells Orton maybe he should consider making an impact himself. Orton nods along a bit and says maybe Iíll do just that.

Into the ring again for Bray Wyatt in a Royal Rumble Qualifying Match against, oddly, Simon Gotch. Itís a quick affair, with Gotch obviously no match for Wyatt, who is alone tonight. Wyatt is our latest qualifier for the Rumble match.

Immediately following, though, American Alpha make their return since being attacked by The Wyatts a few weeks ago. Jason Jordan stands on the announce table side and Chad Gable stands at the bottom of the ramp. Wyatt has a microphone and looks back and forth between the two. He asks if they think theyíve surprised him, theyíve got him. Congratulations, youíve surrounded your fears, you face them. Itís a good thing, the hubris of a few good men. You could be heroes, real heroes who fight for whatís good and right in the world. You could be something to aspire to. However, instead, you choose to stand there and sin, your pride and ego too strong for you to comprehend what youíre really doing. You think youíve caught me? Iím seven steps ahead in this game of chess. DEH!!

The lights go out and come back on to show Luke Harper and Erick Rowan beside Jordan and Gable respectively. Harper goes for his discus clothesline, but Jordan ducks down and catches him and on the other side Gable is seen catching Rowan going for a full body avalanche. Synchronized, they hit the two with massive Alphaplexes!! With the two protectors down, they focus in on Bray and slide into the ring. Bray runs and slides out the side facing the camera and backs away to the barricade, laughing his sinister laugh as his monsters regroup around him. Gable grabs a microphone and focuses in on Bray. He says youíre a great one to talk about sins, after all, you do nothing but hide between monsters and men, pretending to be a god. Youíre a false idol who causes panic and pain, well not anymore Bray. No, no. Weíre the American Alpha, weíre the heroes of the story, weíre the best wrestlers, the best people youíve ever damn met. You want to challenge us? You want to attack us? You want to haunt us? Weíve seen Scooby Doo episodes scarier than you. Weíve fought behemoths bigger than you. You fault us for wanting our championships? Jealousy is an awful color on you Bray. So sit there on your ivory throne and make your claims and order your men around. Youíre no god, Bray. Youíre barely even a man. Gable drops the microphone and Alphaís theme plays while they pace around the ring. Bray smirks and laughs, screaming that heís seven steps ahead and there is a plan for them.

Backstage, we see Rhyno walking through the hallways in his street clothes. In the corner it says ďLATER TONIGHTĒ. Behind him, we see Baron Corbin still marching around the hallways in search of AJ Styles. Finally, we turn to find Dean Ambrose stretching a little in preparation for his match. The commentators hype up Ambrose against Ziggler in the main event until Ambrose is met with John Cena. Cena tells Ambrose heís looking good, and Ambrose tells him to can it. Cena shakes it off quick, telling Ambrose you know you wouldnít be in this position if it werenít for me. Ambrose says no matter what John thinks heís done, you havenít done anything. You stand here and pretend to be the big shot while losing just about every match youíve been a part of since WrestleMania. Youíre the one that got me this position? No, I earned my place. What have you done lately? John says that he sees Dean is in a bit of a bad place, but letís face it, if he hadnít challenged for the title at Backlash, Ziggler wouldnít be after him. If Ziggler never goes after him, they never have that ladder match. If they never have the ladder match -- Ambrose cuts Cena off and tells him, Iíll repeat, can it, John. Cena says alright, fine, just saying, pay attention to whatís going on around you. Ambrose looks at Cena and tells him, shouldnít you be out chasing some ghosts or something anyway? Enjoy hunting the dead. Ambrose walks off and Cena is left standing there a bit confused.

Behind him, we see Kalisto and Tye Dillinger. We focus in on them and Dillinger tells Kalisto he canít be around to help him all the time, he has his own fish to fry. Kalisto tells him he understands, he just appreciates the help last week. Dillinger says itís what a ďTrue 10Ē would do. Just as Dillinger leaves, The Revival come walking in and up to Kalisto. We follow Dillinger around the corner, but he stops as he hears the two start bad mouthing and picking on Kalisto. They call him Rey Mysterioís dumb cousin, Ron Mystery. They say he mustíve been one of the slow ones, thatís why they shipped him out to America. Dillinger looks down, and looks back up to see Apollo Crews actually walking by down the hallway. He thinks for a moment about going to get Crews, then looks at his hands and does the ď10Ē taunt to himself then turns and goes back in to break things up a bit. He asks what the two of them think theyíre doing? They say itís none of his business, just like it wasnít last week either. Dillinger says they seem to be pretty intent on picking on the little man, how about explaining why itís so great. They say they donít need to explain themselves, theyíre Top Guys, theyíre Number One. Dillinger retorts by saying theyíre obviously just a couple of Ones, and theyíd never be a true Ten. They get a big angry with him and say itís funny how the little fella seems to make friends all over the place. Kalisto says itís mostly in the personality, you should try getting one. The Revival tell him theyíd be happy to show him just what ďpersonalityĒ they have. Dillinger steps in, and tells them next week. They nod and walk off.

Out to the ring, itís time for the Breezango match against The Ascension. Breezango is able to get a few comedy spots in, and actually start with one of Fandango going up and licking the paint on Viktorís face, then issuing a ticket to him for using lead paint. This only upsets the beastly duo, and The Ascension start taking it to the Fashion Police early. They dominate throughout the match, showing a lot of power and managing to isolate Breeze in long periods. At one point, Breezango manage to take down both members of The Ascension before coming together and staring deep into each otherís eyes. Dango looks worried, and Breeze says ďWhat would Chief do?Ē They both look off into the distance quizzically then shake their heads and looks disgusted, and Dango says ďI donít ever want to think of Beth Phoenix that way again.Ē Finally, however, Breezango gets a decent run and manages to take Konnor out of the equation before Breeze nails Viktor with the Beauty Shot and Fandango hits the top-rope leg drop to get the pinfall victory and save their police chiefís career for now.

After a brief commercial, we come back to Rhyno having a sit down interview with Tom Phillips. Rhyno is pretty elegant in his answers, seeming like the politician he is at times. Phillips asks him why he would attack his friend Heath Slater last week. Rhyno said that after everything that has happened to him, it was sickening to be associated with such a weakling like Heath. He took Heath under his wing for a couple weeks, thought alright, Iíll help the kid out, do a charity case. What he did for charity, turned out to be the worst decision he couldíve made. Heath runs his mouth, wonít shut up with his annoying West Virginia twang. He caused every kind of hell for me, from the head injury I suffered to Baron Corbin to enduring the hell of being near Heath for weeks, trapped in a hospital bed. Finally, Heath gets a win over Corbin by pure luck and he thinks heís some hero? He needs to be taught what his place is. He needs to learn to shut the hell up, put your head down, and grow up. This is the WWE, this is where the big boys rule and Heath is just some wimp that talks and talks, then hides behind someone whoís actually tough. No, Iím done with that. I used to be a star. I used to dominate television in ECW. I used to drive ratings for the WWE. I was a leader. I AM a leader. I AM a star. Iím sick of being associated with Heath Slater. Iím Rhyno, Iím the Man-Beast. Itís time I start getting the respect of one.

Rhyno walks out of the room and runs into DIY. He pushes through them and screams to get out of his way. Phillips is following, but stops at DIY. They turn and look around and ask who crapped in his cereal? Gargano makes a joke that he must have eaten Booty-Oís if heís acting like that. Ciampa says he thinks itís the Uso syndrome. The two continue through the hallway and run into Daniel Bryan. They start talking to him about the hell theyíve been putting up with around here with The Club and how theyíre getting sick of it. Bryan says heís getting sick of hearing all about it, what do you two want, AJ Styles? They say how every step theyíve taken, every time they move forward itís The Usos just pushing them right back. We get into the SmackDown Tag Team Championship tournament, and The Usos get upset they lost and attack them. We get into the Survivor Series team and The Usos are causing problems. We get a SmackDown Live Tag Team Championship match at TLC and here come The Usos to interfere. We are absolutely sick of it. We want them. We want the two of them, those cowards, in the ring. We want to show them that theyíre messing with the wrong guys. Theyíre messing with two player ones on a co-op game. Theyíre messing with the TANK and the TANK, not two healers like them. Bryan says alright, heís had enough. Fine, at the Royal Rumble it will be The Usos against DIY. Happy now? Very.

After a commercial, we come back to Dasha Fuentes with Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler talks about how ridiculous it is that we allow Daniel Bryan to have any sort of power. Obviously he canít handle it. Obviously he doesnít understand what heís doing to people. Heís decided to play favorites yet again, heís decided ďoh no, we canít let Dolph Ziggler have an opportunity.Ē Heís decided to do everything in his power to try and screw over good ole Dolph Ziggler. He saw what happened last week, he knows whatís going on around here, he HAS to. Yet when itís not safe, when Iím being assaulted out there, he says ďoh wellĒ and he still is forcing me to defend my rightfully won WWE Championship opportunity against Dean Ambrose. Dasha, you tell me, does that sound like what a sane and normal manager would do? Iíll answer for you, NO. Daniel Bryan is a man of the people, yet no one knows what people that is. Well I know. Iíve figured it out. Heís here for Dean Ambrose, here for John Cena, here for Randy Orton. Heís here for himself, his friends. Heís not here for the fans. Heís not here for The Miz. Heís certainly not here for Dolph Ziggler. So Iíll do what I do best, Iím going to go out there, Iím going to put on a show, and Iím going to walk out STILL the Number One Contender and there is NOTHING Daniel freakiní Bryan can do about it.

Dolph walks off and past Baron Corbin, who stares at him walking by. We hover on Corbin for a moment as he turns and smiles and says ďFinallyĒ before we cut away.

The main event tonight is Dean Ambrose challenging Dolph Ziggler for his WWE Championship Number One Contendership. Itís a solid match in the early goings as Dolph challenges Dean to outwrestle him, but Dean fails to do so and resorts to brawling after a while. Dolph gets the upperhand over time and nails a Satellite DDT that nearly secures the victory. As he starts charging up and taunting for Dean to get up to take a Superkick, we cut to the stage where The Usos get tossed out like rag dolls and go rolling down the ramp a bit. Baron Corbin walks out with an evil smirk on his face then sees one of The Usos getting up on his knees and runs and hits a big boot to his head that knocks him off the stage entirely. He continues marching down, and Dolph seems to get prepared to face off with Corbin and challenges him to come on down. Dean sneaks up on Dolph and rolls him up for a two count, but Dolph just manages to get out. Corbin gets into the ring as Dean almost hits the Dirty Deeds, but Dolph pushes him into Corbin who hits him with a Deep Six! Dolph then runs at Corbin who hits him with a Deep Six as well!

Corbin destroys both men, throwing Dean out of the ring and grabbing Dolph by the arm, pulling him up and hitting him with yet another End of Days! He stands tall in the ring and screams out ďOne by one, they continue to fall AJ, until you come out. Every damn day. Every damn day, AJ.Ē The camera fades on an image of Corbin looking strong and badass standing overtop of all his victims sprawled out around the floor.

ROYAL RUMBLE
    January 29, 2017

Royal Rumble Match
    Confirmed Entrants:
    Apollo Crews, Kalisto, Bray Wyatt and John Cena

Tag Team Grudge Match
    DIY v. The Usos

Underdog

Status

Hmm. Iím happy to see a full segment making an appearance for the second straight week, and I think for most things this was brilliant. Firstly, I feel as if this is the pinnacle of what youíve been doing since you started this thread. The world doesnít stop when one wrestler is cutting a promo, everybody has their own stuff going on, and this was used again brilliantly here. I think Iíve said it before but itís one of my favourite parts of the thread, it just makes things feel so real. So many different wrestlers involved was an interesting risk and I enjoyed it for the most part. Corbin and Ambrose hunting for The Club, and the way The Club were sneaking through everybody was brilliant. The only real negative I had was that Ambrose was forgotten about after the initial interaction with Corbin, where I think things would have remained more exciting if both guys were still looking for The Club. Secondly, I had to read the part about sneaking in and out of Mizís locker room before it made sense to me. It initially felt a little confusing when I read it. Despite this though, was an awesome segment. The Club being scared, a bit of comedy with Fandango being dropped, the reappearance of the prisoner Hype Broís, and of course the perfect manipulation of Dolph by AJÖ Which I guess is the biggest point of this. Very well written all around, and Iím intrigued to see how the potential partnership of Dolph and AJ works.

Slater/Lorcan a very fun opening match for a spot in the Rumble. The Miz interfering and looking dishevelled is brilliant development from last week. I guess this is what you meant when you were referring to development and last weekís segment having to be in full. Miz has been one of your best booked characters from the start, and I canít wait to see how he continues to try and get himself in the Rumble. Great development/booking here, and wow this show is off to a hot start.

Daniel Bryan being distracted makes sense after what occurred last week. Iím disappointed Bryan didnít give us an answer about his thoughts, however I assume that will come later. It just HAS TO really, so Iíll withhold judgment for now. I like how you mentioned heís a little distracted so he basically gives Corbin permission to fight Styles. Very good segment again, Iím pumped to see if Corbin eventually has Styles. Also, a request, can you please book Corbin in a match with Slater to retract that fluke loss? Thanks.

Damn Becky was intense here. Itís good to finally hear from her though as besides those notes, the womenís division has been all Nikki and Alexa the last two weeks. Iím intrigued to see how this continues to develop as Becky clearly has a plan. Another well written segment, showing off some real intent from Becky.

Becky was obviously always going to squash the jobber. With everything that has been happening over the past few weeks, I thought Becky might have had some back up tonight with either Naomi or Nattie. Obviously, I was wrong. This wasnít necessarily a bad thing though, as the heels look good tonight, using their numbers advantage. Womenís division continues to be a highlight, which I seem to be repeating week after week. Good work.

As Iíve mentioned last week, Iím not really feeling the whole Breezango/Santino thing anymore. The idea of Breezango lying to their boss, Santino is kind of amusing though. Shane continues to hold this vendetta, barring Santino from ringside. Decent enough progression here I guess.

I canít wait to see the outcome of Daniel Bryan now that heís in this distracted state. Randy Orton wanting a piece of Corbin makes sense, and again, Bryan is dismissive here. Orton wanting to make an impact should be fun, and I canít wait to see this place pretty much implode with Bryan basically egging everybody on because heís distracted.

Bray Wyatt was always going to be the winner of this one. Another squash. I donít really like jobbers getting Rumble qualifier opportunities though.

About time we see American Alpha again as it has been awhile. I enjoyed them trying to surround Bray, only for Wyatt to have a plan and Harper and Rowan to show up. Since itís their return, Alpha needed to get the upper hand here so you made the right call. I thought Alpha being fired up on the microphone was good, although I wasnít a huge fan of that scooby doo line. It made me cringe a little. Only thing I felt was missing was some sort of challenge from Alpha. Iím sure this will come about in the coming weeks though, looking forward to it. Solid stuff.

Weird that it feels like it has taken three quarters of the show and then we hear about the Ambrose/Ziggler main event, which is kind of a big deal. Ambrose/Cena banter was interesting although Iím not sure what impact it has on anything, just seems like a random conversation. Still fun to see two big names interact though, and Ambroseís call about chasing ghosts at the end as brilliant.

Kalisto and Tye not really being a team makes sense. Not really sure if helping Kalisto makes Tye a perfect ten though, didnít really agree with the logic there. Tye leaving only to return when The Revival picked on Kalisto was good. It shows what type of personal Dillinger is, ignoring Crews to help Kalisto. The Revival picking on Kalisto is pretty standard these last few weeks, and LMAO at Ron Mystery. Great call. Whilst I do feel The Revival are above this, the tag division is stacked so Iím glad youíre still giving them something to do.

Another big win for Breezango. Poor Ascension. A solid win for Breezango though, especially without Santino. LMAO at the Beth Phoenix spot as well. Breezango keep winning though so I guess this angle I dislike will be continuing for the future.

Rhynoís explanation is basically written perfectly here, as it needed to be. Everything is set up for him to destroy Slater when they eventually meet. Good stuff here though, and I canít wait to see Rhino getting a push, you know I love him by my thread. Looking forward to thisÖ A lot.

DIY and The Usos sounds like a damn good Rumble match to me. The Usos have put DIY through a lot, youíve booked this feud quite well. Really looking forward to seeing this one play out. Also, noticed that Bryan is still in the worst mood of all time.

Dolph Zigglerís promo running down Bryan was written well. Everything he said hit the nail on the head. The pay off with this Bryan stuff is going to be awesome.

Corbinís little bit of input was interesting. Looking forward to this main event.

The main event would have been a fun contest between two guys who can legit go in the ring. Obviously, with your booking over the past few weeks, I loved Corbin taking out The Usos and Dolph and AmbroseÖAnd itís all because he wants a crack at AJ Styles. Awesome ending.

Honestly, looking at this as a one-off show, at any time of the year, Iíd probably say this is close to the best weekly show youíve written. I really enjoyed this from start to finish. Your promo writing seems to have improved heaps, and this show didnít have the comedy aspect overdone. Hot start and barely anything I disagreed withÖ

However, in mid-January, only a couple of weeks out from the Royal Rumble, I have a problem. Despite a couple of throwaway unimpressive Rumble Qualifier squash matches, there has been no Rumble hype. Where are the guys claiming they are going to win, where are the guys feuding over the Rumble match??? There has been nothing. One of the biggest matches of the years and it simply feels like an afterthought at this point. I think you need to work on that in the coming weeks.

As always though, enjoying this thread immensely. My favourite project here, so Iíll be reading.

#WEARENXT

Status
      Country                    Canada

Hey man! I missed a couple shows so I might not know all the storylines , but I read your newest show on my lunch break last night.

- The whole opening segment had me laughing. Seemed strange for a wrestling show though. Seemed more like a SNL skit or and episode of Being The Elite how it kept moving past a certain person and going to another if the segment was changing instead of cutting...and it did that all throughout the night. Not that it was bad, just different.

- Wouldn't it be a no contest if Miz attacked both men? Either way, Angry Miz is the best Miz. Hope you actually go through with a Miz Bryan match.

- Alexa twisting her hair on the outside reminded me of AJ Lee lol.

- Damn!!! Awesome beatdown by Nikki.

- You have Breezango nailed. Loved everything you did with them on this show.

- Missed what made Bryan so distant, aside from Miz being Miz earlier in the night. I sense an Orton interference happening.

- Wyatt with the squash. The right man won.

- American Alpha vs The Wyatts seems like a cool feud.

- Dillinger seemed like a heel in the segment, in my opinion. Revival Vs Dillinger and Kalisto should be good though.

- RHYNO!! Seeming like a politician..you're funny. Awesome to see Rhyno getting a push, I've liked him since waaay back in the Invasion days.

- Ziggler is, and has been one of my favorites for awhile. Glad you're actually using him in a good way, unlike current WWE.

- Loved their match at last years Summerslam so I would have been into this main event. Corbin with the interference..which I'm assuming(like at the beginning of the show) led to a no contest..4 way at rumble?!?

Enjoyed the show a lot. Definitely going to keep reading, and I'm gonna go back and catch up on the last couple shows tonight at work!!
    Last edited by ranthellacious; 09-17-2017 at 09:08 AM.

People's Champion

Status

SMACKDOWN REVIEW

- Opening was a bit long but I enjoyed parts of the Styles sneak. Breezango was the best part for me and actually made me laugh out loud at how smoothly they were funny. You've got me rooting for Baron Corbin which is odd considering he's associated with being a heel. Hopefully AJ Styles gets into a situation where he has nowhere left to run or hide.

- Miz is a lunatic!!! Not much else to be said although I can envision another moment where Miz puts Bryan on the shelf forcing him into out of retirement. No continuation of the Slater/Rhyno story here, maybe later though.

- Corbin gets his wish, I'm guessing the hunt is on now.

- Good interview with Becky. I can't see her getting the better of Nikki just yet however.

- I think Breezango is my favourite part of your work. Always making me laugh no matter how much or how little they say. Keep up the good work.

- I'd be surprised if Bryan isn't temporarily relieved of his duties. He;s way too distracted. Orton will certainly be looking for Corbin now so the merry go round will begin. I can envision Styles, Ziggler, Corbin, Orton and Ambrose all going at it later tonight.

- Nice little segment between The Wyatts and Alpha. With spaces limited in the Rumble I can see Alpha/Wyatts on the undercard of the Rumble match. Keeps everyone occupied. A good momentum swing for Alpha here as they one-up Rowan and Harper before letting Wyatt know what they think of him. Good stuff.

- Nice line from Dillinger. Kalisto and Dillinger against The Revival should be interesting. I'll be looking out to see what Crews thinks and does about it.

- Good win for Breezango. Glad they saved Santino for now but long term I don't think they need him to be relevant and comical as they are.

- Awesome interview with Rhyno. The guy should have an interesting little feud with Slater. I don't know who should come out on top. The revitalised veteran or the plucky rock star. Personally I'd prefer to see Rhyno run right over him.

- Nice!!! DIY vs The Usos at Rumble should be another big culmination of a lengthy storyline. Got to feel that DIY will go over. The Usos will always have Styles to make them relevant. A defeat for DIy could knock them down the card and out of the title picture.

- Great finish to the night with Corbin obliterating The Usos and Ziggler and Ambrose. Ziggler gets another taste of Corbin after last week and my big problem would be if Ziggler doesn't call out AJ Styles next week for not helping him out. Would love for Corbin to be named # 1 contender to Styles title. Either that or he's been built up well enough to win the Rumble. AJ Styles continues to hide. Surely he has to come out of hiding soon. The 4 way does look promising though if that's the route you take.

Overall a good show again. Loved the starting segment as well as Corbin's search for Styles. Only negative I can give is that like Stojy said there wasa distinct lack of Rumble hype. Rumble always interrupts storylines and I'd love to see you integrate that into your next show.
    But as always keep up the awesome work mate. I'll continue to to check you out and hopefully give plenty more reviews.

Squash Fodder

Status

Thank you so much for all the comments everyone! I really, really appreciate it. I find it amazing how people can view a storyline so differently, people loving and hating Breezango both. It'll be interesting to see what people think of everything moving forward. Another one where I decided I'd write a segment just to try and see how it could play. I don't think the next episode will have one, but I thought it fit here for one more go. This episode is one I'm not the most proud of, it worked for the stories I wanted to have play, but I could feel my writing waning as it went so look forward to seeing what people think. Again thank you for all the comments, you guys are fantastic.

SMACKDOWN LIVE
    JANUARY 17, 2017

We open with a video package reminding everyone of the carnage and destruction of the past couple weeks. It specifically highlights Baron Corbinís hunt for AJ Styles heavily and The Miz making his return and the assault on Daniel Bryan and SmackDown Liveís Royal Rumble Qualifying match last week. Straight out of it, we go to Daniel sitting in his office surrounded by a complete mess with his hair looking like heís been near tearing it out. He stares, looking empty, downward as Shane McMahon comes barging in screaming at him. He asks what heís done to his show, what has been going on in here for the past couple weeks. Daniel looks at him angrily, stands up and then screams back ďWell I donít know, maybe if you werenít out tormenting just a couple of people for mistakes done on your watch, we might be working together instead! We might have sussed it all out earlier instead!Ē Shane is taken aback, and Daniel looks a little remorseful, obviously having the stress of the job getting to him.

Shane sits down and immediately has a calmer tone of voice. He seems to be a bit remorseful himself and tells Daniel that he hired him as his General Manager for a reason. When he made this decision, he thought he would be the one to give the people what they want and deserve. He thought heíd be different. Now everything is just chaos around here, we need to take back control. Daniel throws his hands out and says heís trying, to which Shane says there is no more ďtryingĒ itís just doing here on SmackDown Live. He tells Daniel that he wants to see this show cleaned up by the end of the night. Daniel says heíll take care of it tonight. Next week will be a whole different show. Shane says thatís the guy he hired, letís get to work.

Going to ringside, our commentators talk about what may be in store for cleaning things up here on SmackDown Live. They then talk about later tonight the tag team match between The Revival and the team of Kalisto and Tye Dillinger which they say is going to be for the spots in the Royal Rumble that Kane and Kalisto won just a few weeks ago. First, though, we have a match to decide our next Royal Rumble Qualifier between Randy Orton and the final NXT Star appearance by Kassius Ohno who recently returned to NXT.

After a short break, we come back to Ohno in the ring and preparing to face Orton. Ortonís no nonsense for this match, as heís still upset with not having his shot at the WWE Championship in the near future. He seems to be caught off guard by the stiff strikes of Ohno, however, as he gets rocked with a few elbow strikes. Ohno manages to look pretty strong here, using his size and striking ability to get back into it when Orton tries to pull away. An eventual RKO spells disaster, though, and Ohno is pinned here. Just before pinning, Orton turned to the camera and mouthed ďIím saving one for you, Baron.Ē

We go backstage to Daniel Bryan walking through a hallway, a man on a mission. Heís encountered by The Usos who seem worried. They say, hey man, look, have you seen whatís been going down around here lately? Weíve been hiding, weíve been running because of all the people hunting us down. You really gonna do that to some of your top stars? Daniel says heís getting things under control, and whether they like it or not, thatíll take some work. What is it that they need? The Usos say AJ Styles is on his way, he needs protection when he gets here. We canít have people right, left, north, south, hidiní in the bathrooms, hidiní in the trash cans, hidiní in the ceiling tiles. No, no. We need guards, we need safety. Daniel says not to worry, after all, arenít you guys pretty protective of him anyway? And shouldnít you be more worried about what you have coming up now?

The Usos seem confused as we pan around to see DIY standing behind them looking absolutely livid. They turn and smirk, as Daniel walks away. ďWhat yíall here for, another ass whoopiní courtesy of the better tag team?Ē No, no, weíre here because unlike you, we arenít going to just sneak up behind someone and attack them. We arenít here to sneak around like a bunch of, oh whatís the word? Infants? No, thatís too juvenile. Cowards? No, despite how simple it is, they probably donít even understand. ďHow bout yíall just shut the hell up and get out of our ways, last we checked yíall were the ones cowering in fear when you heard The Usos were on the way. Last we checked, yíall were the ones who couldnít finish a match because The Usos came around. Last we checked --Ē finally it seems DIY has had enough of their mouth and starts hauling off on The Usos! Daniel Bryan has again created some chaos unintentionally. DIY tackles The Usos down, a brawl ensues, throwing each other around until the security runs in and grabs them to drag them off of each other. The Usos are fine leaving things unsettled, their clothes ripped up now, but DIY are fighting back. We turn to leave and find that Baron Corbin has been standing off to the side the whole time, listening and enjoying.

Before going to a commercial to get away from this, we have a quick vignette using the tagline of the Royal Rumble to help things along -- Remember the Rumble. This one is Rhyno talking about his experience in the Rumble. Being the Man-Beast is all about dominating competition. Unlike someone like Heath Slater, Iím not about to hide in the corner trying to catch my breath for 20 minutes. Iím here to dominate, and the first time I went into the Royal Rumble I GOREíD Mark Henry so hard, it eliminated Tajiri. A quick clip plays of Rhyno nailing Henry with the GORE, not quite showing the miss from just earlier. Thatís what happened to those little freaks like Tajiri, like Kalisto, like Slater. Itís total domination by the Man-Beast. We go to commercial.

Back from the break, we have American Alpha standing in a dark room. Jason Jordan is doing some laps, pacing back and forth behind Chad Gable. Gable speaks into the camera, a dim light behind them to illuminate them. He says Bray Wyatt, you and your ďFamilyĒ have been terrors on good people for far too long. Youíve been going around SmackDown Live claiming to guide people to the light, claiming to release them from their sins. Anyone with eyes can see what youíre doing, anyone with a mind can tell what you want. You think you can use scare tactics, you think you can dominate people. No sir, no way. Bray Wyatt, your Family is a bunch of fake hillbillies who couldnít tell the difference between a circle and a square and you made them that way. You want to torture people? You want to hurt people? We want to hurt you. So Bray, weíre challenging your Family, weíre going to dominate your Family, weíre going to show you that WE ARE THE LIGHT. The lights come up brighter around them, and continue to grow. AND YOU CANíT RUN FROM THAT.

A harsh cut from the now bright and intense faces of American Alpha, we go to Apollo Crews in front of a velvet curtain, itís unclear where he is as he stares into the camera and starts talking about Tye Dillinger. He says how itís very telling how heís in the Royal Rumble but Dillinger isnít. Itís very telling of them as people, because you see while Dillinger is out there being a ďgood personĒ and trying to pretend to be a ďPerfect Ten,Ē here I am being an actual ďPerfect ElevenĒ and being better than anything heís ever been before. Here I am being the Apollo rocket to the Moon, shooting into the stars because Iím the best in the world. Because I am the Perfect Eleven, and you are just NOT good enough.

Out to the ring for the next match, SmackDown Live Womenís Champion Nikki Bella has a quick and simple match with Deonna Purrazzo who faced Becky Lynch last week. Nikki continually referred back to the match, saying how sheís better than Becky in every conceivable way. Alexa Bliss was at ringside being a distraction at points to aid in the cause, as Purrazzo almost stole the win at a couple of points if not for her, but Nikki of course takes the win away with a rear naked choke hold.

Following the match, Becky Lynch comes out to confront the two celebrating in the ring about how much better than are than her. Becky says how the two of them are some of the best sheís ever seen at making enemies. In fact, itís almost like itís their pastime. The problem of making a lot of enemies, is that then you never know what youíre in for next. You never know whoís after you, whoís going to get you. You just live in this state of fear, and when youíre afraid, you do stupid things like flaunt around like a peacock pretending to be a cheetah. You act like a queen, but have the strength of a jester without heart. You try to glow bright, but youíre really no more than a night light. You two, you like this idea that youíre big and bad and scary and tough. You can be as mean as you want, after all, you never had to look a victim in the eyes. Nicole, I will look you in the eyes when I make you tap out. When I break your arm in half, when I crush your spirit into pieces. But thatís for another day. You two try to be inseparable, fine. At the Royal Rumble I challenge you two to a tag team match. I have my partner, she has my back, do you? Becky drops the microphone and her music plays to the roar of the crowd. Nikki and Alexa look annoyed, though a little nervous.

Backstage, we find Daniel Bryan still walking with purpose and driven to his next path. Heís encountered with Dean Ambrose who says that heís pissed with Baron Corbin. That stupid kid thinks heís tough because he can go out and attack a bunch of people? I had Ziggler right where I wanted him, I was about to win that contract and instead that punk comes in and attacks us. I demand a fair shake, I demand retribution, and I demand representation -- wait, thatís a different one. Daniel shakes his head, heís a bit annoyed but fine. He tells Dean he has an idea, you just have to work with me on this, you have to do the first thing that comes to mind and weíll be alright. Dean says alright, Iíll go kick his ass! Dean then runs off and Daniel nods, then his eyes get wide and he turns and screams ďNot that!Ē Dean is long gone, though. Daniel looks disappointed with himself and marks something on the papers in his hands then walks off a bit dejected.

We go to the ring and Kalisto makes his way out for the tag match alongside Tye Dillinger against The Revival. Thereís some stunningly great tag action from Dillinger and Kalisto to start out, isolating Scott Dawson and letting Kalisto show his great lucha moveset with frequent rope-assisted moves and having Dillinger throw him around a bit as well. Eventually, The Revival start to isolate Kalisto though and hit him with a litany of tag moves after a big Clubberiní that completely destroys him. Kalisto is resilient, though and able to make it for a hot tag to Dillinger eventually. Dillinger hits a bunch of superkicks, clotheslines, gets the crowd pumped up and looks to set up Dash Wilder for the Perfect 10 when -- Apollo Crews gets in the ring and grabs Dillinger from behind for a spinning powerbomb!! The referee sees it and calls for the bell, awarding the win to Dillinger and Kalisto, as well as the spots in the Royal Rumble match!

Crews realizes what heís done and starts arguing with the referee, but he wonít be changing his mind on this. The Revival seem pissed they wonít make the Rumble match and are confronting Crews as well, backing him into the corner and yelling at him, asking what the hell that way. Dillinger grabs Crews leg and pulls him down and out of the ring and they two start brawling around the ring a bit, into the crowd and out. The Revival turn and recognize that Kalisto is still in the ring. They look to set him up for the Shatter Machine and ďWEEEEOOOO, WEEEOOOO!Ē Breezango comes running out with microphones in their hands screaming like a police siren into them as they run to the ring. The Revival immediately drop Kalisto, and start laughing and backing up and shaking their heads. Fandango says you are under arrest for fashion violations in the highest regard. Breeze says not only that, but also just not being cool, man, picking on the little dudes. Revival seem to just not give a damn about this, and Fandango steps up into their faces and looks back and forth between the two for a bit before saying ďHandlebar mustache, nice. Bald head, not so nice. Thatíll be a misdemeanour.Ē Revival shake their heads, looking annoyed for a moment as Breeze then says ďDonít forget the mean scowls, those are some real mean scowls. Honestly, we should issue the bag on this one.Ē ďNot the bag, the bag is too harsh, even for them.Ē ďThey need it.Ē As they argue back and forth, you can see the annoyance come over The Revivalís faces and they decide to just haul off on Breezango, nailing them with the SmackDown Live Tag Team Championships and knocking them out before leaving in a huff.

We cut backstage to find the escalade from last week pulling into the parking garage here. The Usos are standing by in their horribly battered look. AJ Styles gets out with his WWE Championship in his hand and asks what the hell happened to them. They say not to worry about it. He says come on, letís get inside quick, but before they can Baron Corbin is standing at the door waiting for them. Styles tries to run, but Corbin beats his way through The Usos, throwing Jimmy into the car and Jey into a dumpster as he grabs Styles by the hair and pulls him in for a punch. He throws him into the door so hard it opens up and he goes flying down the hall! Corbin turns to the camera behind him, smirks, then storms into the building while we see The Usos left a mangled mess in the garage and we cut to commercial.

Before we get back, we cut into the commercials for another Remember the Rumble vignette. This one is Dolph Ziggler talking about the time he was the first entrant in the Royal Rumble with AJ Lee and Big E by his side. He talks about controlling the match, controlling the crowd, being the man that he has always been. And this year, this year I wonít be in the Royal Rumble, this year I will be competing for the WWE Championship, this year I will bethe main event. Iím done with Rumble matches, Iím done being in the crowd, Iím done with it. Iím the star, just like I was back then. Now Iím getting, Iím taking, what I deserve.

We cut back from commercial to find Baron Corbin walking out onto the stage to a rare cheer from the crowd as heís dragging AJ Styles by his ripped up ďPhenomenal OneĒ t-shirt thatís barely hanging on his torso anymore. He has the WWE Championship in his other hand as he drags Styles forward a bit and throws him down the ramp! He rolls down the ramp to the ringside area as Corbin stomps his way down with the championship in hand looking menacing. He grabs Styles by the head and throws him into the ring steps making them go flying, then grabs him and throws him into the ring, throws the championship at him and rolls in after him. He grabs a microphone and grabs the title again.

BARON CORBIN || This is my championship match. The one I deserve! The one heís been running from. He had a reason to be afraid, the whole damn locker room should be afraid of me. Whereís my referee?! GET OUT HERE!

Corbin stomps on Styles a bit, grabs at the shirt and completely tears and rips it off of him. Styles looks weak and decimated as he rolls away in fear. Corbin grabs him by the arm, pulls him up and spins him around FOR A DEEP SIX!Styles appears to be just about out cold there as Corbin stands over him and screams out again.

BARON CORBIN || GET ME MY REFEREE!

Just as he screams for it, we see Randy Orton run in from the crowd and behind Corbin. The cheers seem to tip off Corbin, but he isnít sure what it is until he starts to turn AND IS HIT WITH A DEVASTATING RKO!!Orton jumps to his feet and screams out, raising his arms and pounding at his chest. He seems to be in full control as he turns and TAKES A SUPERKICK FROM DOLPH ZIGGLER OUT OF NOWHERE!!Ziggler is the man in control of the ring as Dean Ambrose comes running out from the back, as does John Cena to tackle Ziggler down. Corbin gets back up and runs and attacks all of the standing men, hitting Ambrose and Ziggler over the back and then turning and catching Cena running at him with THE END OF DAYS!!!Corbin is standing tall as The Usos come out, but before they can make it, cheers are heard and DIY start running out after them! Corbin turns and Ambrose tackles him down and starts brawling with him! Ziggler gets up and is tackled down by Randy Orton! Itís absolute chaos!!

VOICE || ENOUGH!!!!

The voice is easily recognizable -- Itís Daniel Bryan!

DANIEL BRYAN || ENOUGH! STOP! EVERYBODY STOOOOPPPP!!!!

None of them seem to be paying attention as Bryan gets closer to the ring.

DANIEL BRYAN ||Fine, fine, fine -- FINE! YOU DONíT WANT TO LISTEN TO YOUR BOSS, ENJOY THE DAMN UNEMPLOYMENT LINES. IíM SICK OF IT! IíM DONE WITH THIS!

They seem to be starting to calm down a bit, but still brawling as security runs out and starts tackling people down and keeping them from continuing. A team of medics check on AJ Styles.

DANIEL BRYAN || Huh Ö alright. Alright, Iíve got a plan. Iíve got an idea. I know what Iím going to do. Starting with Baron Corbin.

The crowd cheers and Bryan goes up to Corbin, whoís trying to throw security off of him.

DANIEL BRYAN ||You have been a thorn in my side, you have been the catalyst of chaos around here. Iím not putting up with it anymore. You are going to learn your place around here, and itís starting next week. Next week, you will be facing Randy Orton, one-on-one.

The crowd cheers in approval of Bryan starting to take control of the situation.

DANIEL BRYAN || The Usos, DIY! I get it. I understand that you hate each other, you feel slighted by each other. But you are just weeks from the Royal Rumble. If you want to have a chance at each other, then you cannot attack each other, cannot touch each other again until the Royal Rumble.

The crowd seems less excited about that one.

DANIEL BRYAN ||Finally, Dolph ďIím so damn specialĒ Ziggler. You think youíve been held back? You think Iím actively trying to keep you from getting opportunities, think of who gave you the damn opportunities in the first place?! I drafted you, I got you a WWE Championship match at SummerSlam, I gave you the matches with John Cena. I am the biggest catalyst youíve had here! You want to sit there and blame me for you being a shitty person? FINE! Next week, youíre defending that Number One Contendership against Dean Ambrose, and to make sure none of these piece of something I canít say on television people interfere itíll be in a STEEL CAGE MATCH!

Ziggler starts kicking and screaming to let him go, trying to break from the security, pissed at Bryan. The crowd start chanting ďYES! YES!Ē as he does. The camera cuts to in the ring and Bryan gets up close to it.

DANIEL BRYAN ||And you. THE MIZ Ö

The crowd screams out a cheer!

DANIEL BRYAN ||YOU have been the absolute worst of them all. YOU have been causing so many problems, you donít even have to be involved to cause it. YOU are the reason this show has been so horrid. YOU! You want to attack your general manager? You think youíre so damn special and deserving of a spot in the Royal Rumble match? I have something for you, Miz. Next week, I have something really special for you. And if you manage to make it out alive, maybe, maybe Iíll consider giving you another god damn chance to not screw everything up like you have your entire god damn life!

The crowd cheers loudly again.

DANIEL BRYAN || Iíll see you next week, Miz. Come prepared.

As the camera moves back a bit, we realize that THE MIZ IS IN THE RING BEHIND BRYAN NOW! HE GRABS HIM FROM BEHIND AND HITS HIM WITH THE SKULL CRUSHING FINALE! HE HITS THE GENERAL MANAGER WHO RETIRED FROM HEAD INJURIES WITH THE SKULL CRUSHING FINALE!! THE CHAOS IMMEDIATELY GETS BACK AS THE SECURITY GOES TO TACKLE MIZ AND INSTEAD GET CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE OF EVERYONE ATTACKING EACH OTHER.

THE MIZ ||I screw up?! Iíll show you screwing everything up. Iíll show you what youíve done. I will end more than your career, Daniel. I WILL END YOU!

Miz looks to be fuming, frothing at the mouth as he grabs Bryan one more time and sets him up, hitting ANOTHER SKULL CRUSHING FINALE ON HIM!!Miz stands over Bryan, hovering over him angrily with chaos surrounding him as the show fades to black.

ROYAL RUMBLE
    January 29, 2017

Royal Rumble Match
    Confirmed Entrants:
    Apollo Crews, Bray Wyatt, John Cena, Kalisto, Randy Orton and Tye Dillinger

Women's Tag Team Match
    Nikki Bella & Alexa Bliss v. Becky Lynch & Mystery Partner

Tag Team Grudge Match
    DIY v. The Usos

Backyarder

Status

I don't do many reviews because I am not the best at expressing my words but I had to leave a review for this show as your Bryan vs Miz feud is so good to read and has been building up so well. Miz being a total cunt and Bryan slowly losing it with the chaos that Smackdown has become has been written so well. I want to see where this feud goes now. Another thing I liked was the way things seemed to intersect with each other in backstage segments and made it feel like a connected world with all the feud intersecting.

#WEARENXT

Status

Been looking forward to this since the last episode!

- Shane and Bryan are going to fix the chaos! That sounds very promising.

- Randy getting the win over Ohno, I'd expect nothing less. Loved the threat to Baron at the end.

- Damn...would love to see DIY Vs The Usos. Good backstage segment.

- Really like what you're doing with Rhyno. Giving him more time to speak, hopefully when he gets back in the ring he can dominate there too.

- Alpha cutting a Wyatt promo on the Wyatts was interesting. Not sure if I liked it, just couldn't picture it happening.

- Ambrose Bryan segment was hilarious.

- Crews' plan backfires and he gets Dillinger and Kalisto entered into the rumble..good twist.

- You write the Fashion Police perfectly. Always makes me laugh.

- Finally Corbin gets his hands on AJ, shits about to go down.

- Nice!! Ziggler gets a Rumble promo.

- ANARCHY IN THE RING!! Had to read it twice just to see everybody that was coming from everywhere.

- DIY Usos at Rumble is a good call.

- Next week looks like it's gonna be awesome with Corbin Vs Orton and Ziggler Vs Ambrose in a cage.

- Shit!! Miz with the attack, didn't see that coming.

Another awesome show. Really looking forward to the cage match next week, as well as the royal rumble event. I wonder if you're gonna write the whole rumble match, or just the parts that feature smackdown superstars ...

Underdog

Status

Opening with a video package of the main two storylines of the past few weeks makes perfect sense, so all good on that note.

Cutting straight to Daniel Bryan is a good option, as his character was so interesting last week. Bryan looking dishevelled is awesome symbolism, showing just how much the job as Smackdown GM is getting to him. I didnít really know what to make of Shane barging in and being all angry. I mean Shane has been at the Smackdown the past couple of weeks, why hasnít this conversation already happened? It doesnít make sense that heíd just be angry now, regardless of how distracted he may have been with torturing Smackdownís resident comedy act. Bryan fighting back, followed by the pep talk and the plan all makes sense from a booking standpoint. I thought maybe the two resolved their issue a little too quickly, but still, I look forward to seeing what this means for the rest of the show. A fun start here.

Iíve really enjoyed some of the NXT stars getting an opportunity in these Royal Rumble Qualifier matches. After my concern last week, Iím glad to see a Rumble Qualifier that isnít a complete squash either. Ohno on Smackdown would be awesome, but obviously Orton just had to win this one. Smart decision, good start to in ring action for the show. Oh and also, Ortonís message to Corbin has been well and truly noted.

The Usos confronting Daniel Bryan and whinging about support makes sense. Bryan just leaving The Usos to deal with DIY didnít really seem like a smart way to keep Smackdown under control. What a terrible decision by Bryan. What interests me the most about this bad decision though is the fact that Bryan didnít seem overly stressed like last week when he made it. Even despite the beginning to this show, Bryan had a cool demeanour here. Iím not sure if that was intentional or not. Using the quotation marks and writing bits of conversation without telling us who was speaking was a little annoying to read. I got the point of it, but I needed to read it a second time to do so. A fun little feud brewing between DYI and The Usos though, good segment. And as my fanboying of the last few weeks continued, I marked for the Corbin appearance.

Another good, intense Rhyno promo to continue his budding push. Not only that, but Iím happy to see more hype for the Rumble.

Their return last week and now here as well, Iíve really enjoyed the promo work youíve done with American Alpha. Again here, with the challenge laid out to The Wyattís and the whole we are light stuff, all written exceptionally well. The only line that I thought came off a little lame was the fake hillbilly one, but still, this was sensational.

Typical arrogance from Apollo Crews here. As usual, heís running down Dillinger. Iíve enjoyed Apolloís heel turn though, but I want to see some more Tye/Apollo interactions after a light on last week.

Nikki squash. No issues with making the champion look strong, and promoting her relationship with Alexa at the same time.

For the second week in a row (I think it was last week), or at least the second time in a few weeks, we get some killer mic work from Becky Lynch. I think along with some small booking nuances; your biggest improvement has been your segment writing since the beginning of this thread. Youíve become very good at it. Beckyís words were perfect, really questioning Nikkiís whole act and getting inside of her head. Tag match for the Rumble should be interesting to, Iím hoping Beckyís partner is somebody unexpected. Another good segment.

This Ambrose/Bryan segment was good, but a damn fun read. Ambrose wanting a piece of Corbin makes sense, but for the second time tonight, Bryan accidentally sends a wrestler to go cause some trouble. Iím really looking forward to see what repercussions Shane may have for Daniel.

I guess I canít complain too much because I said I wanted more Apollo/Tye interactions, but Crews literally just came across as the dumbest man on your roster. He just finished bragging about Tye not being in the Rumble, and now he hands Tye a spot in the match on a platter. Surely this couldnít have been intentional? A bit of an error booking wise from your end I feel. The Dillinger/Crews brawling afterwards was perfectly fine, as was the Breezango appearance. As much as Iíve hated on them a bit lately, I didnít mind thinking about giving The Revival the bag. I thought that was pretty funny, but I was glad the more serious act ended up on top as well. Fun stuff here, with only the Crews stuff hurting this piece of the show.

AJ Styles finally showing up is a good thing. I get the running story of him being afraid, but it seems strange that two weeks in a row we would barely see your WWE Champion. Anyway, I marked for Corbin finally getting his hands-on AJÖ Great stuff.

Based off of my feedback last week, the more Remember the Rumble segments the better, although in this one Dolph wasnít really setting his sights on the Rumble match, which almost defeats the purpose of this segment. You probably could have chosen somebody else to have a Remember the Rumble segment, and have Dolph do this elsewhere.

The ending with everybody brawling was awesome because it finally felt like some Rumble hype, but again, it isnít really Rumble hype, itís more about Smackdown being in anarchy because of Bryan. Still, fun stuff with the brawling and Daniel Bryan finally unleashing on everybody was brilliant. Although it seemed weird where he said Ziggler was a shitty person, but then a sentence later, said he couldnít call somebody a piece of shit on television. Weird and inconsistent. Besides that though, the passion was good and the attack from The Miz was epic. He one ups Bryan againÖ I canít wait to see what Bryan has in store for Miz next week. A hell of a way to end the show.

A decent enough show on the road to the Rumble. Storyline wise, everything seems to be running along smoothly, but I still have some issues with some of the booking. The Rumble still feels underhyped, and unless I missed something, we only had three matches on the show. Unless these were all REALLY LONG tv matches, it wouldnít have been anywhere near enough. Iím still loving the thread and all of the angles, but it almost feels as if attempting to build to a Rumble is giving you some issues. Hereís hoping next week delivers the goods, Iíll be reading.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    UK

I should start off by saying that this is becoming one of my favourite threads in the section and it has been great to see how you have progressed as a writer and booker since this got up and running. I am a big fan of the full segments that you have been doing recently, especially the one that opened last week's show. It was really creative and gave a unique perspective to show that there are other things going on even when the camera is off.

The slow unraveling of Bryan as the pressures of the job starting to get to him has been great reading. It started off with him just letting something slip out by barking back at Shane and then fully losing it at the end of the show, which sandwiched the bad decision to just leave The Usos and DIY to just go at it. I do think he was justified in what he said to Shane about not having any support, but once this had set in for Shane I liked how the segment took a different tone and the friendship between these two came through. They are a great pairing and I'm hoping that Shane doesn't lose patience and tries to help Bryan through the tough time that he is having at the moment. Him using the closing segment to clear everything up in one go was nice and gives us a huge amount to look forward to.

For obvious reasons, Miz looks like a total dick for attacking Bryan given the state he is in physically and mentally. I am intrigued to what, or who, the surprise was supposed to be for Miz next week but I doubt that we will see Bryan again for a while to sell the injuries. Perhaps he'll be back just in time for Wrestlemania? It was a really enjoyable closing segment that punctuated the general theme of chaos taking over the brand that has happened in the past few weeks.

Everything else on the show bubbling towards the Rumble and into Wrestlemania season is nice to see as well. My highlight of the show was Breezango giving The Revival their punishments and the comments made towards Dawson. Keep it going mate, I'll be reading.

Squash Fodder

Status

Thank you everybody for all of your comments! I really appreciate all of them! I'm glad people enjoyed the descent to madness for Daniel Bryan. I've been enjoying him slowly getting more and more insane from the pressure over the months, so I'm glad it's really starting to come out well. TWG, I do have to thank you, it's your idea with your thread to keep Triple H and Edge off that gave me the idea of how to make Miz's attack a bit more meaningful. I'm hopeful you all continue to enjoy the Miz's insanity and women's storylines, and hopefully we can keep the run into the Rumble looking good. Thank you all for all of your comments, and for reading this. I hope you enjoy what's next. This week is a bit more docile since Bryan set things straight before being attacked....

SMACKDOWN LIVE
    JANUARY 24, 2017

The last show before the Royal Rumble opens with Shane McMahon in his office talking on the phone. He’s surrounded by the mess created by Daniel Bryan and by how he’s talking, you can deduce he’s talking to Daniel himself. He says for Daniel to just take a break, relax and let yourself heal up so you get back quicker. I can hold down the fort while you’re gone, and don’t worry, everything you’ve set in motion is going to stay in motion, no problem. Look, just trust me here, I’ll hold up my end as long as you hold up yours. It’s showtime, I have to go, just relax. Don’t worry about it.

Shane hangs up the phone, grabs a paper and looks at it confused then tosses it down and walks out of the office. He runs into Breezango alongside Santino, and by runs into, I mean literally opens the door into them. Tyler Breeze has a glass cup to his ear against the door, and is thrown across the hallway when the door swings open. He realizes he’s seen with the cup in his hands, so he holds it behind his back. Fandango asks Shane if he has anything uh, important to tell them. Shane says he actually does. He’s been impressed, surprisingly. You’ve been resilient over the weeks, beating The Usos, the Ascension. Last week actually gave me an idea. You want to play the police and make the saves, be the big tough guys, go for it. At the Royal Rumble, you’re going to challenge for the SmackDown Live Tag Team Championships against The Revival! Dango and Breeze look at each other excitedly, but Santino looks worried as he realizes what Shane really means by that, as he could lose his job if they don't win the championships. Shane has a smirk and nods at Santino as he walks off. Dango says “Breeze, do you know what this means?” Santino goes to cut him off, but Breeze excitedly screams out “No Dango, what is it?!” “We’re on the case!!” “Freeze frame!” Breeze and Dango do a freeze frame high five, and Santino just looks at them somewhat frustrated and walks away.

The camera zooms in through the arms of Breeze and Dango to show Baron Corbin walking by adjusting his elbow pads and walking with a purpose. In the corner it says “UP NEXT.”

Out to the ring, Baron Corbin makes his entrance for his match with Randy Orton. Once Orton makes it out, he turns to talk to the referee and immediately Corbin attacks him from behind and starts beating him down. He knocks him out with a jab to the jaw which highlights the golden glove boxer’s striking ability. He hits Orton with an END OF DAYS and leaves him completely decimated in the ring, with the match having never started and Orton having never gotten anything going. Corbin storms up the ramp and turns back to see Orton starting to crawl to his feet, staring up at him. Corbin smirks, looking back, and walks off. We cut back to Orton crawling and reaching out, but not able to do anything as the camera fades.

Backstage, we go into Dolph Ziggler’s locker room where he’s talking with WWE Champion AJ Styles. They both look at the television in the corner and see Corbin’s dominance over Orton, and Styles seems to be getting nervous. He tells Ziggler he has to get out of here, but to remember what he said. Ambrose can’t hang with him, he’s not a wrestler, he’s nothing special. He just brawls, he fights like a drunk. Take it to him, keep the pace and you’ll be fine and then at the Royal Rumble it’ll be you and me, the match that deserves to happen. Ziggler says he already knows exactly what he’s going to do, he knows exactly what he needs to do. He says that what he’s focused on is finally getting the chance that he deserves. The chance that Daniel Bryan has been trying to take from him over and over and over again. Now it’s a steel cage, and when he wins it, it’ll turn into something worse. That’s all Daniel wants, keeping the hard workers down. Styles agrees and says to keep that fire, and you’ll have exactly what I believe you deserve, what I believe Dolph Ziggler should have.

The Usos walk in from outside the frame and say they’re going to check if the coast is clear for Styles, it’s time to go. They head out the door and we follow, where they come face-to-face with Dean Ambrose. Ambrose asks where their boss is, they say he can deal with them. He says he doesn’t want to see the cronies, he’s here to tell Styles to clean that championship real well this week, keep it away from the snot-nosed kids of his, keep it out of the bedroom and prepare for a war. Because after I beat Dolph, I’m coming right after him and I’m taking back my title that I never lost. The Usos tell him it’s real great, he talks big, he thinks he’s some stud or something. You think you’re such a badass, act like you think you’re Jason Statham with the leather jacket and the chewing, constantly. What are you even chewing? Like, gum? Nothing? While they continue on, we can notice in the corner that Styles is sneaking out and away. Dean notices after a moment and screams out, interrupting. The Usos step up to him and ask if he has a problem, if he wants to throw down. Dean puts his hands up and says, easy gentlemen. You don’t want to know what the lunatic part is in the lunatic fringe.

Dean walks off, and ahead of him we can see Nikki Bella and Alexa Bliss talking up the hallway. We cut to be nearer and hear them talking strategy about Becky Lynch. They’re discussing who could be Becky’s partner, considering every friend she’s ever had has turned on her when they realized how annoying and “pristine” she is. They run down the list of everyone they took out -- Natalya was first, before a number one contendership match, the one that started everything; Carmella was next, just after losing to Alexa Bliss at No Mercy; then Naomi at TLC when we framed her for the attacks so Nikki could win the title. Nikki says for Alexa to go out for her match, and she’ll take care of everything back here and we’ll be sure of who it is well before Sunday. It shows in the corner “UP NEXT” as the commentators say Alexa will be facing Becky Lynch. They do a quick cut away to a graphic that shows “LATER TONIGHT” is Ziggler against Ambrose in the Steel Cage.

Before we head to commercial, we go to another Remember the Rumble vignette, this time with Baron Corbin. Corbin says he hasn’t been in the Royal Rumble just yet, instead he debuted under a year ago at WrestleMania in the Andre the Giant Battle Royal. It’s similar to the Rumble in that he was completely dominant, he was larger, better, stronger than every single other man in that ring. Just like this year, I am better than anybody out there. Within a year, I’ve already challenged for the WWE Championship. I’ve dominated AJ Styles. I’ve destroyed careers. At the Rumble, I am going to take my main event spot. And every single person in that Rumble should fear having to face Baron Corbin.

Back from commercial, there’s a match between Becky Lynch and Alexa Bliss. They put on a pretty fantastic match, with Lynch hitting a lot of hope spots with Bexploders and Pump-Handle Suplexes. Alexa manages to torture Becky at times, pulling her up while standing on her hair or cheating to take control. Becky knocks Alexa out with a harsh Bexploder into the Dis-Arm-Her that has Alexa tapping out quickly.

After the match, we see Becky walk around the ring and stalk Alexa bit. She goes out of the ring and to the timekeeper area and grabs a massive GLOW stick from there and slides into the ring. As Alexa starts to get up, Becky starts whacking her with the GLOW stick like it’s a kendo stick and knocks her right back down hard. Alexa tries to get away, but every time she does, Becky just pulls her back and hits her hard with the stick again. Finally after seemingly knocking Alexa out cold in the ring, Becky pulls out a cheetah print cloth of some sort and shoves it in Alexa’s mouth, and holds her up in a choking position with the GLOW stick, staring into the camera.

We cut backstage to Nikki Bella standing by the interview space watching everything go down. Dasha Fuentes comes up and asks what her thoughts on Becky’s display, and she says not to bother her, she’s busy and storms off.

The camera remains steady and finds walking across the interview area, Apollo Crews is following the referee from the Tye Dillinger match last week. He’s begging the referee not to allow Dillinger to keep the victory and go into the Royal Rumble match, but the referee says his decision is final and he needs to stop following him. Apollo stops there with his hands on his hips and Dasha asks why he wants Dillinger out of the Rumble. Crews says this is exactly what Dillinger wanted, and being that he’s just some regular guy, just some five or just some ten, he’s no ELEVEN like me, he doesn’t deserve to get what he wants. He doesn’t deserve to be in the Royal Rumble. But don’t worry, I have an idea. I know what to do. Crews nods and smiles with his massive smile and then hop-skips a bit and walks away looking confident.

Remaining on the steady cam there, we continue having people walking through the busy area. Breezango walks in wearing detective garb in the way of Sherlock Holmes. Breeze has a magnifying glass in hand and walks ahead of Dango. Breeze walks just past Dasha, looks where Crews was standing and turns to Dango and says “Someone has been here, Dango.” Dango’s jaw has dropped though and he’s silently staring at Dasha. Breeze turns, sees Dasha and jumps as if he hadn’t seen her before. He looks her up and down, stares at her breasts for a moment until she coughs and both jump and look away. She asks if she can ask them a question, and Dango says isn’t that one? Breeze says we ask the questions around here, and Dango agreed. Dango says, tell me something -- are you uncontrollably attracted to me? Breeze smacks him and says, Dango, wrong question. Dango says, right, um, Darlene, could you tell us -- WHY are The Revival so boring? Breeze adds on, have you seen their t-shirts? They have one, and it’s black and white and says no flips, just fists. Like, what? Stupid. Dasha shakes her head, sighs and walks away. Dango stares at her walking away, and Breeze smacks him on the shoulder and says come on Dango, no leads here. Dango says, yeah, Dora didn’t know much but man has she grown up.

We have another Remember the Rumble vignette that we fade over to, this time for Dean Ambrose. He says how this year is going to be an interesting year. See, last year I pulled what you call double duty. I went out, I won a Last Man Standing match against Kevin Owens and then I had to limp my way out, fight my way through the pain for the Royal Rumble match. This year, I don’t have to do that. This year, I don’t even have to think about the Rumble. I’m going to walk in there, I’m going to tear that stupid Club apart, rip them to shreds, give AJ Styles the dirty deeds and take back MY WWE Championship. I can guaran-damn-tee that.

Out to the ring, we have the Last Chance Battle Royal for a Royal Rumble spot. It features NXT StarsNo Way Jose, Andrade Almas, Oney Lorcan and Kassius Ohno. It has tag teams The Ascension, American Alpha, The Wyatts and The Vaudevillains. It also has Rhyno and Heath Slater. Before the match even begins, Alpha are after the Wyatts and an all out brawl ensues. Rhyno takes it to Slater, getting his hands on him again after a while. He’s attacked by The Vaudevillains, however and has to change his focus. Viktor of the Ascension is the first one to go, followed by Oney Lorcan eliminated by No Way Jose and Kassius Ohno respectively. Alpha and the Wyatts manage to eliminate each other and guarantee neither will show up in the Royal Rumble match. They continue to brawl outside the ring, however, until the man in tweed shows up again and distracts Alpha asking who he is until they’re taken out by The Wyatts, who leave shortly thereafter, leaving Alpha knocked out on the outside and not showing the man in tweed. Rhyno eliminated both of the Vaudevillains in a great show of strength, and Konnor of the Ascension manages to take out Ohno until he’s taken out himself by Almas doing the “Tranquilo” lay on the middle rope and gets Konnor out by pulling down the top when he charges at him. Almas and Jose both attack Rhyno, hoping to get him out as the big man left, however Rhyno is able to fight back and get both Almas and Jose out in that order, leaving only him and Slater. However, as he stands over the ropes screaming down at Jose, Slater sneaks up behind and eliminates him!

Slater celebrates in the ring as Rhyno looks absolutely furious outside. The referees all are charging around him to hold him back from attacking Slater as The Miz runs in from the crowd and into the ring, grabbing Slater from behind and throwing him out over the top. As Slater gets up and looks around, he spins and Rhyno NAILS HIM WITH A GORE!! The referees force Rhyno to leave as they check on Heath, and Rhyno raises his arms in “victory.”

Miz grabs a microphone and announces that he’s won the Royal Rumble spot, the one that he rightfully deserves. The one that Daniel Bryan has been refusing him unjustly. The one that Daniel Bryan has been trying to hold him back from because he knows, he knows that I am the greatest superstar on SmackDown Live and if he so much as gives me an opportunity I will be the next WWE Champion, and Daniel -- I know you’re watching. Daniel, it just eats at you inside, doesn’t it? It just tears you up to know that you can’t wrestle anymore because of the stupid things you’ve done, the dangerous things you’ve done while I’m out here busting my ass and fighting for every last inch. It just tears you the hell up, doesn’t it? Well Daniel, get the hell over it. This “B-Plus Player” is on the rise, this Intercontinental Champion is on the move and I’m about to show you that I am no B-Plus Player. I am not just any Intercontinental Champion like you were. I am the GREATEST of ALL TIME. You’ve made the biggest mistake of your life, Daniel. I am going to end your career, I am going to end you as a person, I am going to destroy EVERYTHING! Mark my words.

Suddenly, *BOOM!* fire bursts out on the stage and the ring posts. Kane makes his return to SmackDown Live and marches his way down to the ring. Miz doesn’t even seem scared or nervous anymore, he’s challenge Kane to come take him on. Shane McMahon comes out after Kane and announces this is Daniel’s surprise and that Miz is officially scheduled to compete, NOW, against Kane.

The match is pretty decent as The Miz takes it straight to Kane from the get-go and doesn’t let up. He hits him with every Daniel Bryan move he knows, the dropkicks in the corner, the “YES!” kicks, and goes to finish him with the running knee to the face, but Kane is able to counter and grab Miz by the throat and hit him with a monstrous chokeslam! Kane takes the victory, barely, as Miz does kick out just as the referee counts three. He is in a lot of pain though, and doesn’t get up right away. Shane walks to the ring during this time and stands over Miz and tells him that Daniel sends his regards and has made an executive decision that Miz, this is only the start of what he calls a “living hell” for you. You get your wish, you’re in the Royal Rumble match, Miz. As is Kane. However, Miz, you’re in the match -- starting it as the FIRST OVERALL ENTRANT. The crowd cheers, gives the “YES” chant, as Miz fights back to his feet and gets red in the face with anger. Shane leaves, and as Kane tries to go, Miz attacks him from behind and pulls him dead center and hits the SKULL CRUSHING FINALE on him then stares into the camera, screaming at Daniel Bryan that he did this, he’s the one that screwed everything up, it’s his fault.

We cut to commercial, but before we do we have yet another Remember the Rumble vignette, this time with Randy Orton. Randy calls back to 2009, when he won the Royal Rumble match. Coming in at number eight, fighting his way through for nearly 50 minutes and having to outlast every single person in that match trying to come after him the moment they stepped in the ring. Helping to eliminate behemoths like Kane and the Big Show, then finally eliminating my former friend and mentor Triple H. I went on the main event WrestleMania 25 against the man I last eliminated and I was unsuccessful. This year, this year is going to be different. This year I am going to go on to main event, and I AM going to walk out of WrestleMania as the NEWWWE Champion. I am after all the viper, and I’m just waiting in that tall grass for my moment to strike once more.

Once we come back, we’re following SmackDown Live Women’s ChampionNikki Bella up the hallway where she walks into the women’s locker room. As we follow in, she’s met by a mess all around the floor of playing cards sprawled out like 52 pick-up. She bends over and grabs a card, it’s the Queen of Hearts. She grabs another, and it’s the same. It seems all of them are the Queen of Hearts. She screams, runs over to grab her bag and realizes it’s been pinned in by a steering wheel lock device strung across her locker through the straps of her bag, that is a GLOW stick as well. She screams and runs out of the locker room where we run into Breezango! She turns and runs up the hall, as we stick with Breezango.

Dango asks what happened with her. Breeze says she probably just saw Dash Wilder of The Revival. Dango asks if that’s the bald one? Breeze says, of course it is. The other one is at least mildly attractive. Dango nods and agrees, saying he has trouble telling those two apart also. Breeze says he understands, after all, they have probably the most boring names of all time. Honestly, why even call themselves The Revival when they should just be the uh … uh …. The Snooze Buttons? Yeah, yeah. Dango says “good one, Breeze” and the two continue walking. Breeze seems unsure of himself, but nods a bit and gives himself some credit.

As they walk off, we turn to see The Usos had ducked behind a corner to avoid seeing Breezango. They look around, make sure the coast is clear and say “man, those nerds need some help.” They turn and find DIY standing near them. Speaking of nerds needing help, excuse us. Gargano says they are absolutely sick of everything that you two have done. The Usos respond in kind with saying this has all been brought on themselves. If you hadn’t been in the SmackDown Live Tag Team Championship tournament, we wouldn’t have attacked you. If you hadn’t been in our way, stealing our spotlights and our opportunities, we wouldn’t have to take them. Honestly, you should be thanking us. You should be hiding, happy you didn’t have to face us. Instead, what do you do? You stand here and demand a match with us? Stupid, that’s all you are. DIY says you think it’s stupid, you think you can beat us? You haven’t been paying attention then. You’ve been so far up your own rear ends that you’re probably thinking it smells like roses, when to quote Outkast it smells like “pooo-ooo-ooo.” So how about you both shut the hell up, because right now all you look like is the Hamburglar’s ugly step-cousins and when we’re done with you on Sunday, you’re going to look like Super Meat Boy. You’re going to look like Roman Reigns turned into a Goomba from Super Mario and got jumped on by Mario. You’re going to regret every single thing you’ve done. The Usos shake their heads and say good luck with that, kids, you have no idea what you’re getting yourselves into and walk through them, remembering the no-contact clause Bryan put in place last week.

Before the main event, we have our final Remember the Rumble vignette and this one is The Miz. In 2007, I made my debut in the Royal Rumble. I lasted seven seconds. SEVEN seconds. This year, I’m going to last a lot longer than that. This year, I’m going to show everyone that I am not some B-Plus Player. I am an A-List Star and I demand to be treated as such. I will outlast every single person if I have to! I will go in there, I will eliminate every single one to step in the ring. I will go for an hour, and every step of the way I will do exactly what Daniel Bryan has never done. I will show what a so-called B-Plus Player is truly capable of. I will prove every single person wrong. And I will win the Royal Rumble.

Out to the ring for the Steel Cage Match in the main event, between Dolph Ziggler and Dean Ambrose for Number One Contendership for the WWE Championship. It’s a very strong match, with both men proving their toughness and grit. Ziggler hits the ZigZag and makes it to the top of the cage, but Ambrose gets him back in. Ambrose realizes he can’t hit the Lunatic Lariat and instead goes high risk, climbing halfway up the cage to hit his flying elbow to Ziggler for a nearfall, going for the pin at that point. Near the end, The Usos come out and attack the referee holding the key to the door! They take the key and unlock the door, opening it and calling for Ziggler. DIY come out to even the playing field, but The Usos step to the bottom of the ramp to meet them and challenge them to come down. They say they can’t touch them, or they lose their match, so bring it on. We dare you! While DIY debate with themselves of what to do, the right thing or the selfish thing, we see Ambrose catch Ziggler with a low blow! Ambrose just managed to get there and kick Ziggler right between the legs! Ambrose walks out of the cage door that The Usos opened and the bell sounds. The Usos turn to realize what happened and look pissed as Ziggler is down in the ring and Ambrose has an evil smirk on his face.

DIY seem pretty pleased and The Usos go to attack them, only for Ambrose to run at them and chase them off out through the crowd. Ambrose gets the contract from the referee and walks up the ramp, joining DIY and celebrating atop the ramp. He raises the contract high, and both men of DIY surround him and raise his arms in victory on the stage for the crowd as we take a look at Ziggler dejected and angry in the ring, staring up at them. We show one last show of Ambrose with the contract before we begin to fade away.

Before the camera is able to fade out, though, Baron Corbin comes running out from the back and hits Ambrose over the back! Ambrose goes rolling down the ramp, exhausted and out from the match he just had. Corbin grabs Ciampa, throws him into the stage set up! He grabs Gargano and throws him into it as well! He storms his way down the ramp where Ambrose is up to his knees and trying to fight back, but Corbin grabs him and knees him in the gut and THROWS AMBROSE HEAD FIRST INTO THE OUTSIDE OF THE CAGE!

Ziggler sits inside the cage, watching it all unfold and seems pretty happy with it all until Ambrose is grabbed and thrown inside the cage with him! He realizes then what’s coming, as Corbin slams the door shut and walks around to the side where he grabs a microphone. As he comes back around, Ziggler is trying to make a break for it. CORBIN RUNS AND HITS A BIG BOOT INTO THE CAGE DOOR, SWINGING IT INTO ZIGGLER’S HEAD AND SENDING HIM TUMBLING BACK INTO THE RING!

Corbin smirks, looks into the camera and then climbs up into the ring. Standing at the doorway, looking down at the two who were just in a hellacious battle, he pulls the microphone up.

BARON CORBIN || It appears on this show, opportunities are GIVEN to those who whine and complain. They aren’t earned, they aren’t won. So I’ve come to understand that if I want something, I’m going to have to come take it. YOU TWO are in my way. YOU TWO have gotten all the opportunity lately. Obviously, YOU TWO can’t be allowed to continue.

Corbin sees both Ambrose and Ziggler getting to their knees, he reaches back and grabs the door, looking them in the eyes and SLAMS IT SHUT!He runs over and smashes Ambrose’s body into the cage with a clothesline! He kicks Ziggler in the head, then grabs him and pulls him to his feet, throwing him into the cage hard and making him bounce back through the ring!

“HERE COMES THE MONEY!”

Shane McMahon comes storming out onto the stage where paramedics have checked on DIY and are running down to the ring.

SHANE MCMAHON || HEY! HEY! What the hell do you think you’re doing?! This is taking an opportunity to you? No, no. This isn’t what SmackDown Live is all about.

BARON CORBIN || No? Then enlighten me, Shane. What the hell is SmackDown Live all about other than screwing over the guys like me?

SHANE MCMAHON || Now Baron, we can talk this over.

BARON CORBIN || I’m done talking. I’m done putting up with any of this!

Corbin grabs Ziggler and pulls him into position for the End of Days!

SHANE MCMAHON || HEY! HEY! NO! WAIT! GET HIM!

Shane screams out to the paramedics and the security at ringside. Corbin throws Ziggler down, and just as they open the door and start to come in, he KICKS A PARAMEDIC IN THE HEAD! JABS A SECURITY GUARD AND KNOCKS HIM RIGHT OFF THE APRON INTO THE OTHERS! HE SLAMS THE DOOR SHUT AGAIN! AND SCREAMS OUT NOT TO TRY TO STOP HIM AGAIN!

SHANE MCMAHON || BARON! WAIT!

Shane is rubbing his forehead, frustrated and seemingly starting to feel the pressures that Daniel Bryan was feeling. Corbin stares out at him, then turns to see Ziggler getting up. Ziggler goes for the SUPERKICK! CORBIN DUCKS IT, CATCHES ZIGGLER AND SPINS HIM AROUND FOR A DEEP SIX … BUT SLAMS HIM INTO THE CAGE WALL!!!

SHANE MCMAHON || STOP! EVERYBODY STOP!

Corbin grabs Dean Ambrose, who’s throwing wild haymakers to try and fight back but just doesn’t have the strength to. He pulls him in, lifts him and HITS THE END OF DAYS INTO THE CAGE WALL!!! AMBROSE IS BLEEDING JUST ABOVE HIS RIGHT EYE FROM THIS!

SHANE MCMAHON || FINE! Baron, fine. Please, just stop. Just, stop.

BARON CORBIN || What’s fine?! Huh, Shane? Can’t handle it?

SHANE MCMAHON || Alright, Baron. You win. It’s over.

BARON CORBIN || I win what? Come on, big man. You’re the guy in charge around here. What have I won?

SHANE MCMAHON || Look, Dean Ambrose won the opportunity fair and square to face AJ Styles at the Royal Rumble.

Corbin shakes his head and screams wrong answer, starts charging at Dolph Ziggler!

SHANE MCMAHON || BUT WAIT! He won his opportunity, now you get yours. He has his match at the Royal Rumble. You get yours, two nights later. NEXT WEEK on SMACKDOWN LIVE, Baron Corbin will face the WINNER of the WWE Championship match for the title! Alright? Alright?!

The fans cheer a little, and Corbin smiles and nods his head, leaving Ziggler and Ambrose be. Ziggler drops to the mat, looking completely exhausted as Ambrose is grabbing at the cage but can’t seem to get himself up. Corbin allows the medics to grab both men, dragging them out of the ring while Corbin stands in the middle of the cage looking absolutely dominant.

SHANE MCMAHON || Oh, and by the way, Baron. Before that, this Sunday, YOU and Dolph Ziggler are officiallyIN the ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH!

The fans cheer, and Shane waves. Corbin looks pissed about this, understanding this could be a way out for Shane giving him his opportunity. He stands in the ring still looking huge and monstrous as we focus in on him. The announcers talk about how huge that announcement is, next week, Baron Corbin faces the WWE Champion, but first this Sunday, he’s in the Royal Rumble!

ROYAL RUMBLE
    January 29, 2017

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH
    Confirmed Entrants:
    Apollo Crews, Baron Corbin, Bray Wyatt, Dolph Ziggler, Heath Slater, John Cena, Kalisto, Kane, Randy Orton and Tye Dillinger

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
    AJ Styles (c) v. Dean Ambrose

SMACKDOWN LIVE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS; If Breezango Loses, Santino is Fired
    The Revival (c) v. Breezango w/ Santino Marella

WOMEN'S TAG TEAM MATCH

TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH
    DIY v. The Usos

Last edited by JayWhy75; 10-01-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Underdog

Status

Continuing with the trend of the past few weeks, it makes sense to open the show with the mess that is Daniel Bryan. Whilst this time itís Shane, clearly talking to Bryan on the phone and telling him to take a bit of a break is awesome. It just really sells how big of a thing this whole angle has been, and Shane O in charge should be a fun change of pace. As usual, a good opening to the show.

The Revival havenít really been feuding with anybody other than Kalisto, so I guess it kind of makes sense that they will fight Breezango. As you know, I havenít been the biggest fan of this angle but obviously they lose and Santino finally leavesÖ Plus, itís The Revival and they are great. It seems like a basic throw away tag title Rumble matchÖ But it will do as long as it means Santino will be leaving.

Jesus Christ. Talk about putting Corbin over here. Because he got attacked from behind, Orton doesnít really lose face, but this was huge for Corbin. One of the biggest names in the whole WWE, and he simply dominated. Really good stuff here, keeping Orton look strong and Corbin looking awesome. Like a beast.

A not as interesting segment but still a good segment as Styles and Zigglerís somewhat working relationship continues here. This hypes what could be ahead tonight and in the Rumble. Good stuff. AJ is manipulative as though, and I marked for AJ being shit scared of Corbin.

The Usos playing security to Styles continues and has been entertaining as hell over the past few weeks. Ambrose giving them some attitude before realising that Styles was trying to escape was entertaining too. Another nice segment here, furthering the situation where it feels like everybody is after Styles.

Nikki and Alexa wondering who Beckyís partner is makes sense, because I wonder the exact same thing. Iím hoping itís not one of the three girls mentioned though, because that would feel very anti climatic. Still, a solid segment hyping up the current angle.

Awesome Baron Corbin segment, as I felt like this actually felt like proper Royal Rumble match hype. Using Corbinís Andre the Giant battle royal triumph is just clever as well. Good stuff.

Becky Lynch was always beating Alexa here, but thatís fine, it suits the angle thatís happening. The aftermath with the glow stick beating would lean towards Naomi being the partner, but Iím still not sure. The aftermath of Nikki not saving Alexa is noted as well. Still, just a match really, but some great progression with the womenís angle.

Iíve really enjoyed the character development of Apollo Crews in this thread and that continued here. The idea of him chasing down the ref because he is that obsessed with being better than Dillinger is quite the story. Having an idea and seeming positive at the end of the segment, leaves me wondering exactly what he has in mind. More great stuff here.

Initially it was more comedy stuff that I wasnít feeling, but I must admit, I did enjoy the part where they stared at Dashaís boobs. That was funny. The little bit of running down of The Revival was good to attempt to create some heat between the teams, but letís be real, there is not a lot. Segment was okay for what it was, didnít dislike it like I have some of the comedy segments over the past few weeks.

Remember the Rumble segments should just be for the Rumble match itself at this point. Taking away that complaint, everything Ambrose said about Styles was great, really in character. Looking forward to their final encounter at the Rumble.

The last chance Battle Royal did the job of including quite a few feuds in the one match. Whilst we didnít get a lot out of The Wyatts/American Alpha, at least they are still involved with each other somewhat. Awesome for Slater to outsmart Rhyno, although considering weíve only just started to see the Rhyno push, I thought this was completely the wrong option. Now Slater has beaten a man Rhyno couldnít beat (Corbin), and beat Rhyno. Not sure what the idea of the booking is there. Outside of that though, awesome to see The Miz basically enter himself in the match and claim to be the winner. Typical Miz.

The Miz running down Bryan as per usual is awesome. The booking of this angle, I just canít complement it enough. Another great promo from Miz, and hereís hoping this actually does lead to a match at Mania between the two. Screw realism.

Kane being Bryanís surprise is an interesting one. It doesnít have the same effect with Bryan not being there, but I felt like you covered this well enough, with Shane telling Bryan at the start of the show that he wouldnít mess with what he had planned. A very good win for the returning Kane here.

The aftermath with Miz being announced as first into the Rumble is brilliant. Itís about time the authority figures start fighting back. Miz attacking Kane in frustration was a nice touch, and everything to do with The Miz here tonight has been brilliant. Well played mate.

Randy Orton segment was solid. Good hype for the Rumble and his intent on winning it.

Nikki Bella freaking out because of all of the signs of women she has screwed over was awesome. This has happened few times now, and each time it has been great. This one may have been the best though. Despite not really enjoying the comedy segments too much, I think you missed an opportunity by having Nikki not interact with Breezango here. It would have been perfect for them to try and investigate what had happened. Instead they just threw some lame insults at The Revival. Didnít dig Breezango this time my man.

A very good segment between The Usos and DIY. Their feud has been building well for a while now, and this segment was written with some good banter throughout. I canít complain at all, really good stuff.

The Miz hyping the Rumble was done really well. Loved that he still managed to sneak in a dig at Bryan as well, brilliant stuff.

Steel cage main event would have been massive. The Usos trying to help Ziggler makes sense considering Ziggler and Stylesí interactions recently, but it didnít go down that well. DIY getting involved made things incredibly interesting. Ambrose getting the win and The Usos interference backfiring keeps things very interesting. Will Ziggler now be after Styles as well? Either way, a very good main event.

Oh geez, this booking of Baron Corbin is the thrill of my life right now. The brutal attack on both men and basically holding them ransom until Shane caved was done amazingly well. Corbin getting into the Rumble and a title match is an awesome outcome. Perfect way to end the show.

I didnít really feel last weekís show was up to your usual standard, but boy did you ever come back in a big way. This was probably my favourite show in the month of January so far. I commend you on the effort, really great work.

Iím wondering if youíll be posting a predictions contest or if Iím supposed to leave predictions now? Let me know.

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by stojy View Post
    Iím wondering if youíll be posting a predictions contest or if Iím supposed to leave predictions now? Let me know.
    I'll be posting a contest here on Wednesday or Thursday. I'm still finishing up the show, and this contest is going to be very important in terms of the prize for it so I'm trying to figure out what all will be predicted. Most likely up Wednesday, could be pushed, but most likely then.

SMACKDOWN LIVE NEWS AND NOTES

Creative pleased with responses thus far, debating plans of action moving forward

After weeks of chasing down AJ Styles for the WWE Championship, Baron Corbin has found himself in the midst of a war with a lot of top stars from beating on Randy Orton, to holding Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler ransom in a cage. There is plenty of talk backstage about his performance over the last few weeks, with the primary response being that he's on the up and up. Corbin is expected to become a major player in SmackDown Live and this is his coming out party of sorts for the build up to WrestleMania. The biggest problem with Corbin at the moment is, creative doesn't have a set path for him yet.

Rumor has it that Corbin is currently being batted around for two matches at Elimination Chamber, either being involved in the Chamber match itself or an angle that may lead to a singles match with an established star. With the audience reactions recently, he's started to have his name thrown around for a surprise Rumble win as well, though time will tell where he may end up in that as the WWE is hesitant to try and establish two monsters in this Rumble. With Braun Strowman already slated to be a major player in the Rumble, this may stunt Corbin's growth in the event. After Elimination Chamber, there's talk of a multi-man match at WrestleMania involving Corbin to highlight his strength, or a one-on-one that could give him a better showing of all his tools. One rumor even has him potentially being an opponent for Shane McMahon.

This is a great problem for Corbin to have, as he's consistently been placed around the upper midcard in every situation discussed backstage. If he's able to keep up the momentum and get these crowd reactions, he could find himself a champion in no time.

NOTES:

• Daniel Bryan is expected to take a few weeks off to sell the injuries from The Miz. In his stead, Shane McMahon is going to be trying to keep everything in order on SmackDown Live. How well he'll do, only time will tell. His first night on the job ended in a ransom situation with him handing out opportunities at the WWE Championship. Bryan will be back after Elimination Chamber, and is expected to make a huge impact in the lead up to WrestleMania.
    • The women's attacker angle is wrapping up nicely at this point, with the aftermath having brought in a tag match at the Royal Rumble. Creative has been high on this story since it started, believing it to be their greatest experiment and greatest success. The hope is for this to lead to a few big matches down the line, as they feel the title's importance has grown well over the course of the story. Becky Lynch has been the backbone of it all with her all around skill set, but Nikki Bella has shocked the backstage and wasn't even expected to become the Women's Champion at any point but worked her way into the role due to crowd reaction.
    • The tag team division is continuing to grow well. With big time feuds in DIY/Usos and Alpha/Wyatts, there's hope that The Revival have the ability to bring another team to prominence at the Rumble as well. The original plan was actually to build up to Kane and Kalisto challenging together, but that has been put on the backburners as Breezango had begun to gather enough steam to usurp them and take that spot. They've been a second-tier team for the majority of their time together, but since starting to team up with Santino in late November have only had one loss. Creative hopes for them to become established enough as a competitive team to make the division that much more difficult for the champions to navigate, thus highlighting the prestige and importance of that title. With mixed reactions thus far, it's unclear how this may unfold.
    • Speaking of the tag division, there's talk about revisiting the Wyatt Compound in the near future. The question will be who will go, and why? Bray is slated to start a new story with a few main event stars in the build to WrestleMania, but the Wyatts are still at it with American Alpha at this time as well.
    • While on the Wyatts, we've seen in recent weeks the tortured Hype Bros coming into the spotlight. This is to keep them fresh in people's minds as they undergo a slight transition. They're expected to return full time after WrestleMania.
    • Tye Dillinger hasn't had the full reaction that has been hoped for, and neither has Heath Slater. Overall, the midcard has felt relatively stale to the creative team. They see Rhyno generating a larger reaction, and there's an expectation he may be next in line for a push, though at his age and with his career in politics there is talk of building him up for a big moment down the line to put over a name they hope to be a strong upper midcarder.
    • Discussing the midcard, there's talk of reinventing the Intercontinental Championship. With The Miz expected to move on to bigger and better things following the conclusion of his story with Daniel Bryan, creative has discussed a change to the championship design and allowing The Miz to take the white strapped belt. A few are very high on the belt, however, and the discussion is very heated back and forth. Talk is potentially making it similar to other belts with the giant faceplate and the logo overtop of a globe. Others are to make the globe the entire plate, and have the name of the title wrap around it. At this time, it's unclear what the next step may be.

#WEARENXT

Status

SMACKDOWN LIVE!!!!!!!!

The opening segment was good. As always, Breezango were the highlight. I feel like I've said it before but you capture their humor perfectly. Look forward to their segments on each one of your shows, glad to see they are getting their shot at the championships at Rumble.

Corbin attacking Orton after the RKO last week out of nowhere made sense, but would Orton really have turned his back to Corbin, knowing he would definitely be out for revenge? Did the job though, Corbin is a beast and I am enjoying the build up to his inevitable championship reign.

I sooo wanted Ambrose to attack the Usos and AJ to attack him in the chaos.

Hmmmm, definitely teasing Naomi with Becky beating Alexa with the GLOW stick. I don't think it will be her though, seems too obvious.

Really enjoying heel Apollo. Glad you are giving him some personality, something I think he has always been lacking on actual WWE TV.

Another great Breezango segment. I was laughing the whole time.

Alright a lot happened next. Battle royal was good, was expecting Rhyno to get the win, but Slater winning was a pleasant surprise. Miz "eliminating" Slater fit what Miz has been doing lately perfectly, then continuing to call out Bryan. I think Shane should have came out first and then Kane, but that's minor. Surprised Kane got the win over Miz, with the run Miz has been on lately, even with the last second kick out.

Miz being made number one entrant is great, and I can see you keeping him in there till at least the final four, maybe a D-Bry return to get him eliminated.

A Natalya tease, I honestly think it may be no one from Smackdown, maybe a debut!?!

Another Breezango segment. My only complaint about their segments, is this was their third segment of the night, on the last show before Rumble, and the champions The Revival didn't make a single appearance. Not even an interview about having a number one contender named for rumble.

On the other hand, good tease to the Usos DIY grudge match.

The rumble vignettes were all good, but the final one with The Miz was definitely my favorite.

Steel cage match seemed like it would have been great. The Usos attempting to cheat Ambrose out of the victory only for it to backfire was great. Ambrose getting the win hitting a low blow and then walking out made me laugh, only cause I can totally see it happening.

Corbin. Again, I am loving the build you are doing with Corbin. Glad he will get his shot next week.

Another good show. The build to the grudge match, and Corbin continuing his path of destruction were great. Adding a few more big names to the rumble match definitely has me excited for the match. The only thing I question, is with you only finally announcing the confirmed Tag and WWE Championship matches on this, the last show before Rumble the last chance to build to the matches, there was no interaction between the champions and challengers. But that is the only complaint I had. Pumped for Royal Rumble!!!

Oh, news and notes.

I could totally see Corbin winning the rumble, losing the match next week and then having to defend the mania opportunity at
    Chamber. On the other hand, it seems like a chamber match between Styles, Ambrose, Ziggler, Orton, Corbin and maybe a surprise entrant could be in the cards as well.

Damn, there goes my idea of Bryan costing Miz the rumble...excited for him to return asap though.

Squash Fodder

Status

Thank you for the comments again, rant. I really appreciate that you're liking Breezango, as it really is the biggest hit-or-miss story to me that I've done, which is surprising to me considering my women's story. With everything that has been stated in comments, I am actually considering changing a decision for the Rumble, so we'll see where it goes. Considering that, good luck with predictions as there's one thing I don't even know the answer to now.

ROYAL RUMBLE PREDICTIONS
    January 29, 2017

It's that time again for a PREDICTION CONTEST! I am very much ecstatic with the responses that I've had thus far, and I'm hopeful the Rumble goes over well. It was a grueling match to write, but it worked out. The undercard, to me, is what could make or break the show so I'm very hopeful for some good responses. As I stated, one decision is in the midst of potentially being changed if I can find the right way to do it, so we'll see. In the meantime, here they are. These have quite a few parts attached to them as this is a VERY important prediction contest. The winner here decides something that will change the entire booking, and be extremely dangerous to my current plans without even knowing it. So this could be huge and just to be sure, I've decided to make it a massive contest. This one is worth 22 Points!

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH
    Confirmed Entrants:
    Apollo Crews, Baron Corbin, Bray Wyatt, Dolph Ziggler, Heath Slater, John Cena, Kalisto, Kane, Randy Orton, The Miz and Tye Dillinger
    Winner:
    Most Eliminations (For either brand, allowing two correct answers here):
    Final Four (Between both brands, total final four) (4 points):
    Correctly Predict the Entry Number for any Superstar OTHER than The Miz: (ex. Superstar Name - Entry Number; 2 Points)
    Who will be the surprise legend entrant? (Referenced only once prior, though decided by a previous prediction winner):

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
    Winner:
    Will there be Interference?:
    If Yes, Who will interfere and who will they attack?:

Winner:
    What will be the finish? (Ex. Shatter Machine, Top Rope Leg Drop, Cheating Pin, Countout):

WOMEN'S TAG TEAM MATCH
    Winners:
    Who will be Becky's Partner? (2 Points):
    What will be the finisher used to end the match?:

TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH
    DIY v. The Usos
    Winners:
    Which two will start the match?:
    How many superkicks (doubles count as two) will be done? (2 Points):

As I stated earlier, good luck to all. The Rumble is expected to be posted sometime between Sunday to Thursday, dependent upon changes being made and predictions input at the time.

Underdog

Status

ROYAL RUMBLE PREDICTIONS
    January 29, 2017

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH
    Confirmed Entrants:
    Apollo Crews, Baron Corbin, Bray Wyatt, Dolph Ziggler, Heath Slater, John Cena, Kalisto, Kane, Randy Orton, The Miz and Tye Dillinger
    Winner: Baron Corbin
    Most Eliminations (For either brand, allowing two correct answers here): John Cena and Braun Strowman
    Final Four (Between both brands, total final four) (4 points): Barcon Corbin, Randy Orton, Braun Strowman, Seth Rollins
    Correctly Predict the Entry Number for any Superstar OTHER than The Miz: (ex. Superstar Name - Entry Number; 2 Points) Baron Corbin - 21
    Who will be the surprise legend entrant? (Referenced only once prior, though decided by a previous prediction winner): Mick Foley

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
    Winner: AJ Styles
    Will there be Interference?: Yes
    If Yes, Who will interfere and who will they attack?: The Usos attack Ambrose, Dolph Ziggler attacks Styles

Winner: The Revival
    What will be the finish? (Ex. Shatter Machine, Top Rope Leg Drop, Cheating Pin, Countout): Shatter Machine

WOMEN'S TAG TEAM MATCH
    Winners: Becky Lynch and Mystery Partner
    Who will be Becky's Partner? (2 Points): Trish Stratus
    What will be the finisher used to end the match?: Becky's submission finish, for the life of me can't think of the name

TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH
    DIY v. The Usos
    Winners: DIY
    Which two will start the match?: Jimmy and Campiano
    How many superkicks (doubles count as two) will be done? (2 Points): 7

Beyond excited for this one!

#WEARENXT

Status

Oh God. I am probably going to suck at this mostly because I instantly think of how I would do it and go off on that instead of actually thinking about how someone else would book things haha.
    But here goes nothing. Extremely excited for Rumble!!

ROYAL RUMBLE PREDICTIONS
    January 29, 2017

ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH
    Confirmed Entrants:
    Winner: If anybody from Smackdown, its gotta be Baron Corbin
    Most Eliminations (For either brand, allowing two correct answers here): Braun Strowman and The Miz
    Final Four (Between both brands, total final four) (4 points): Baron Corbin The Miz Braun Stowman Goldberg
    Correctly Predict the Entry Number for any Superstar OTHER than The Miz: (ex. Superstar Name - Entry Number; 2 Points) Undertaker - 30
    Who will be the surprise legend entrant? (Referenced only once prior, though decided by a previous prediction winner): No clue. Kurt Angle

WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
    Winner: AJ Styles
    Will there be Interference?: Yes
    If Yes, Who will interfere and who will they attack?: Usos will attack Dean.

Winner: The Revival
    What will be the finish? (Ex. Shatter Machine, Top Rope Leg Drop, Cheating Pin, Countout): Shatter Machine

WOMEN'S TAG TEAM MATCH
    Winners: Becky and Mystery Partner
    Who will be Becky's Partner? (2 Points): Damn, I like stojy's Trish idea...Ima say Lita!!
    What will be the finisher used to end the match?: Dis - Arm - Her

TAG TEAM GRUDGE MATCH
    DIY v. The Usos
    Winners: DIY
    Which two will start the match?: Gargano and Jimmy
    How many superkicks (doubles count as two) will be done? (2 Points): 6

* Shit forgot to put final four! Fixed it now
    Last edited by ranthellacious; 10-05-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Squash Fodder

Status

ROYAL RUMBLE PRE-SHOW SEGMENT

The pre-show crew cuts to the tumbler balls going with Shane McMahon in place for SmackDown Live, and Mick Foley and Stephanie McMahon there for Raw. Baron Corbin walks in and grabs a ball out.

BARON CORBIN ||This rigged too, Shane? This another one of your tricks?

SHANE MCMAHON || Baron, now is not the time. Youíve got what you want.

BARON CORBIN || No, I donít think I did. I think you came up with a ploy, a trick, to try and get what you wanted and stop the mayhem. Shane, itís never going to stop, not as long as youíre around, not as long as I am here.

SHANE MCMAHON || Youíve got your number, is there anything else?

BARON CORBIN || Just what I thought. Everybody should be nervous about tonight, because WHEN I win tonight, WHEN I win on Tuesday night, there wonít be a single, stupid soul willing to step in my way, willing to try and take my title.

SHANE MCMAHON || I wish you luck, Baron. I really do.

BARON CORBIN ||Save your breath, luck is for the losers. Iím just that good.

Tye Dillinger walks in and steps by Corbin lightly. Corbin snarls at him as he grabs a number out.

TYE DILLINGER || Aw man! Shoot. Hey, uh Ö whatís your number?

BARON CORBIN || Screw off.

Corbin leaves.

TYE DILLINGER || Man, I got number twenty-seven! I need to find the guy with ten to trade!

MICK FOLEY || Uh, Tye, you do know that number is Ö

TYE DILLINGER || Mick, please. I need to think of how Iím going to convince someone to make this trade.

SHANE MCMAHON || But, you donít want Ö

TYE DILLINGER || To keep this number, of course not. Iím the Perfect Ten, I need my number. I need my lucky number tonight.

MICK FOLEY ||*sighs* Alright, I can tell itís important to you. I know who has number ten.

TYE DILLINGER || Who is it, Mick?! Please!

Foley whispers in Dillingerís ear, and Dillinger smiles and thanks him and runs off.

STEPHANIE MCMAHON || Quite the interesting crew you have over on your side, huh Shane?

SHANE MCMAHON || Youíre one to talk. At least my show is competitive.

STEPHANIE MCMAHON || As is mine, and weíll show you tonight just how much better Raw is.

SHANE MCMAHON ||Good luck, Steph. Iím sure youíll need it.

The camera zooms out and we cut away to the panel again.
    ROYAL RUMBLE COMING UP .... SOON

Plans have been changed in relation to the show and some of the pieces in it, so I've been rewriting a bit but figured I'd give a little taste with a quick Pre-Show segment to hype things up. You still have time to get predictions up if you haven't yet, so please do. The winner will be having a MAJOR effect on my project moving forward. It should be posted within the next couple of days, if not tomorrow even.

Underdog

Status

Pretty standard Royal Rumble type segment here. I loved these back when they were a constant part of the Rumble every year. Corbin and Shane having this new found feud is nice, although I'm hoping Corbin/Shane isn't the direction you go, because I'm not sure you can maintain that and Bryan/Miz on the same brand.

Still, fun to see Corbin's attitude.

Dillinger wanting to get the number ten was okay, although I don't like him coming across as looking a bit silly. I get the perfect ten thing and it's a bit of laugh but he's been booked as a very serious act.

Finally, the banter between Shane and Stephanie was good fun. I enjoyed that a lot.

As you know, I'm always following and I'm really excited for the Rumble.

Thread Information