Deadpool 2 (2018)

Release date: May 18th, 2018
    Studio: 20th Century Fox
    Director: David Leitch
    MPAA Rating: N/A
    Screenwriters: Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick, Tim Miller
    Starring: Ryan Reynolds
    Genre: Action
    Official website: Deadpoolwebsite.com| Facebook| Twitter| Instagram| Pinterest

Plot Summary: 20th Century Fox has confirmed that the "Deadpool" sequel is a go!
    Last edited by Necro; 01-12-2018 at 05:35 AM.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Deadpool 2 (TBA)

Exclusive: Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead Will Return in ‘Deadpool 2’

As Deadpool pointed out, “It’s almost like they couldn’t afford another X-Man,” when all they could muster was Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Brianna Hildebrand) and Colossus (Stefan Kapicic). And yet those two characters left a positive impression on the movie, and were great foils for Deadpool’s personality.

We know when it comes to Deadpool 2, the Merc with the Mouth will be joined by Domino and Cable, but there’s been no word yet on other supporting characters. However, earlier today Steve Weintraub had an extended interview with writers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick and learned that Negasonic and Colossus will be returning for the sequel:

PAUL WERNICK: I can’t say how much they are…

RHETT REESE: I think we can say. Yeah, they’ll be in the sequel.

WERNICK: Yeah, they’ll make at least an appearance.

While we don’t know how large a role the two characters will play in the sequel, I can see Deadpool 2 being irreverent enough to kill them both off immediately or seriously bulking up their roles in an attempt to lead the way to an X-Force movie.

Personally, I hope we’ll be getting more of these two characters. While we obviously don’t want Deadpool to become a secondary character in his own movie, we know from the first one that the chemistry between Deadpool, Negasonic, and Colossus works wonders. Of course, no one wants a retread, but I definitely think there’s room to build on these relationships and have a lot of fun doing it. Yes, there’s the risk of making the movie overcrowded, especially when you’re introducing Domino, Cable, and other new characters, but I trust that the screenwriters won’t lose sight of Deadpool and his sense of humor.
    Seems like it might be a much smaller role. Hopefully they don't overcrowd it.

Cider 'I' Up

Status
      Country                    England

The original was absolutely quality and im not the biggest Marvel fan going at all, it was something so good and best of all I wasn't expecting it, please don't over do it with the second I'm remaining open minded but it has a lot to do to get on the same sort of level as the first one last year.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.
    2017 Movie Log

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I can't wait to see this film, not just because I love Deadpool and the direction of this franchise, but my love for Cable. Wolverine and Cable could be in my top 5 favorite Comic Book characters his history is so rich and has so many layers to it. I just might cry when I see him on screen in Deadpool 2.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Teaser Trailer for Deadpool 2 lolz with the Superman dig hehe. I'm still wondering who's playing my homie Cable in this movie though have they gotten a Actor for him yet?

Real Women of Genius

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Re: Deadpool 2 (2018)

Superman dig, Logan on in the theatre behind him and Firefly and Logan posters all over the walls. I wonder what the significance of the Firefly posters is? If any. Might just be there to pop nerd boners.

Yooooo Mang

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Superman dig, Logan on in the theatre behind him and Firefly and Logan posters all over the walls. I wonder what the significance of the Firefly posters is? If any. Might just be there to pop nerd boners.
    Or Fillion as Cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Kevin Nash would make a perfect cable tbh.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

I'm hearing David Harbour could be playing Cable as well. Cable needs to be a smart, intelligent, and strong while being a intimidating son of a bitch. I was pulling for Perlman or Jeffrey Dean Morgan to play the role to be honest, whether they want to go old Cable or a younger version of him in Morgan.

Real Women of Genius

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kassius HoHo View Post
    I'm hearing David Harbour could be playing Cable as well. Cable needs to be a smart, intelligent, and strong while being a intimidating son of a bitch. I was pulling for Perlman or Jeffrey Dean Morgan to play the role to be honest, whether they want to go old Cable or a younger version of him in Morgan.
    For what it's worth, he's listed as Nathan Summers on the Deadpool 2 IMDB page.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Horror Comedies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DakYourBooty View Post
    Or Fillion as Cable
    That's one way to pop a nerd boner... but as much of a Fillion fan as I am I don't see him as the stoic and serious Cable, he's more of a wise-cracker, even as Mal he wasn't afraid to crack a joke and everything I know about Cable makes me feel like he'd be a little bit too much for that role.

Also, I'm just now realising that this franchise already has a Firefly connection so I'm gonna hide in a dark corner and feel ashamed about forgetting her.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Rewatched the trailer and I just got the boner, it might be nothing, but the word Hope on the Window of the Phone Booth is a possible nod to Dragon Ball Z involving a character named Future Trunks. He was also from the future coming back to the past to save their timeline from the horrors in his timeline get the connection with Cable hmm.

Real Women of Genius

Prince Of Joshi

Status

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1646...ound-its-cable

Cable has been a longtime favorite in the X-Men world, and Deadpool 2 will have the honor of adapting him in live action for the first time. Ever since Wade Wilson teased Cable's introduction in the Deadpool post-credits scene, there's been no shortage of rumors and reports about who will play him, but that mystery has finally been solved. The coveted role will go to an actor who has plenty of experience in the world of comic book media, Josh Brolin.

After more than a year of searching, 20th Century Fox as selected Josh Brolin to play Cable in Deadpool 2. Some of the competition Brolin beat to snag the character included David Harbour from Stranger Things and Man of Steel veteran Michael Shannon. According to THR, Brolin's Cable deal is for four movies. This will be his fourth comic book movie role, following Jonah Hex, Sin City 2 and Thanos in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, who will finally snag the spotlight next year in Avengers: Infinity War. Actually, if you take Men in Black 3 into account, since the first Men in Black movie was based off the Malibu Comics series, this is comic book role #5 for Brolin.

Few details have been released about what to expect from the live action version of Cable. Just like in the comics, he's expected to be overly serious and determined, essentially serving as a new "straight man" while Deadpool handles the comic relief, fourth wall-breaking duties, as per usual. Deadpool 2 co-writer Paul Wernick also said that the movie won't delve too deep into the character's "convoluted origin story," so don't expect to see the apocalyptic future where he grew up. As for what other movies we might see Brolin play Cable in, it's practically guaranteed that he'll show up in X-Force, the militaristic mutant team that has counted Deadpool and Domino among its members in the comics.

Josh Brolin is the second new actor to be added to Deadpool 2. Atlanta actress Zadie Beetz was cast as Domino last month. Along with Ryan Reynolds obviously reprising Wade Wilson, the returning cast also includes Morena Baccarain as Vanessa Carlyle, Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead, Stefan Kapicic as the voice of Colossus and Karan Soni as Dopinder the cab driver. John Wick's David Leitch is taking over directing duties, while Reynolds, Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese are tackling the sequel's script with assistance from The Martian's Drew Goddard..
    Finally the casting of Cable is finally done, four Movies involving Cable holy shit. I guess another Deadpool movie after this one, and crossing fingers they can get him in Avengers somehow down the line, if not a stand alone film for himself of the tragic future he lives in. So happy to see my favorite Comic Book character coming to life, hopefully Brolin kills in the role.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Last edited by Necro; 07-05-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Status

First picture of Domino with Deadpool.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Well that's a different look for Domino than the Comics, but she's rocking that fro. Hopefully she does a great job at Domino, can't wait to see a picture of what Cable is going to look like in this film more though.

Real Women of Genius

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Looks good. Can't wait for it.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status

First image of Josh Brolin as Cable.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1646...ound-its-cable

Finally the casting of Cable is finally done, four Movies involving Cable holy shit. I guess another Deadpool movie after this one, and crossing fingers they can get him in Avengers somehow down the line, if not a stand alone film for himself of the tragic future he lives in. So happy to see my favorite Comic Book character coming to life, hopefully Brolin kills in the role.
    I only got problem with Brolin in 2 roles unless he dies in infanty war part 1 but im sure there will be jokes in tgis movie of it

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Holy shit Brolin looks great as Cable in that shot. I need to see him in a Picture in Action!

Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 08-07-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information