Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deadpool 2 (2018)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Deadpool 2 (2018)

I liked it a lot, just as much as the first film. If you’re a fan of the first film like I am then you’ll like this, same humor.

Spoiler:

No after credits scene but there is mid credits stuff
    Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy King View Post
    I liked it a lot, just as much as the first film. If you’re a fan of the first film like I am then you’ll like this, same humor.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Deadpool killing Origins Deadpool and Ryan Reynolds was priceless

- I am Black Tom Cassidy
    - I am white Wade Wilson

Black Tom was probably the best running joke of the movie
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post

Spoiler:

- I am Black Tom Cassidy
    - I am white Wade Wilson

Spoiler:

Yeah, killing Origins DP was hilarious as was killing Ryan Reynolds for being happy about Green Lantern. I also loved the references to Logan.
    Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post

Spoiler:

- I am Black Tom Cassidy
    - I am white Wade Wilson

Spoiler:

Yeah, killing Origins DP was hilarious as was killing Ryan Reynolds for being happy about Green Lantern. I also loved the references to Logan.
    Spoiler:

I about died laughing when he started using the Cable's device to fix mistakes in his past. Get Green Lantern the fuck out of here and bye bye Barakapool.

I'm so happy he saved Vanessa as well. That bummed me out when she died.

Two things I have to note is is he was using a time displacement unit to travel through time and technically Days of Future Past erased that time-line, so Deadpool has an entirely new origin story now because of it, right?

And, I don't think he "killed" Barakapool since even in that time-line he had the same healing factor. Here's the end credits of Origins.

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

Yooooo Mang

Status

Spoiler:

Hey big guy sun’s getting real low.

Favorite Easter egg by far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Pain tells us who we are is so right.

Spoiler:

Just so everyone knows were are the 90's right after Beast is shown closing the Doors from a X-Men meeting as Colossus and Wade were talking right?

I might need to see this film a few more times, but I really loved this Movie and the Easter Eggs and Meta Scenes was so fucking great which I'll talk about later. It was nice to see Deadpool have that Character progression from a person who didn't really care about anyone outside of Vanessa, to now having a new family to fuck around with. They got my boy Cable right..THANK THE GODS..because if they fucked him up, it would of bummed me out for sure. Cable with all his Weapons and Powers he's pretty much a Terminator and it was awesome to see him take on Deadpool and honestly with all the blowups and chaos it caused only Superman could of done more damage to a City than these guys for real. Firefist that little shit, you can't help but love the kid and understand his reasoning to see that guy in the Orphanage DEAD!

I like how they wrapped together Cable's story with this, him wanting to see this kid dead, but Cable you do know that if you go back in time to kill the kid, it doesn't change yours at all!? That is how Time Travel works watch Dragon Ball Super and other Anime and Movies/TV have gone with that notion. I mean I gotta put that out there, but did anyone laugh and GO WHAT THE FUCK when the majority of X-Force 1.0 dead in such horrible ways or what? I wasn't expecting that, as well as Juggy in this Movie but they made it work in the end. Cable used one of his charges to save Wade, and after Deadpool did some Time Traveling of his own he fixed the Timelines in a sense, because Deadpool from X-Men: Origins should still be alive only now he wasn't killed via Wolverine, now from a future version of himself. I really got a kick seeing him off Ryan Reynolds, that Scene poking fun at yourself for making a bad Acting Decision of what makes this franchise so damn great.

Before I end this, my favorite Scene not didn't involve Cable or Deadpool and his banter, had to be when Cable showed up asking for Wade's help. Wade sitting their with a Baby Dick, Baby Legs and everyone is trying to keep serious and not stare at that horror was great. I don't know where franchise might go, Vanessa could be still alive and all so we can get happy Wade again, but I see a X-Force film happening way before Deadpool 3 and it could take part in the future or some kind of Time Traveling.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Spoiler:

Saw this today. Smoked a bowl and then saw the audience and immediately lost my high. So many guys that look like they’re about to shoot up a movie theatre.

I thought it was fine. I have some issues with it but it’s super reference heavy in a cool way (Gerry Duggan Street), very entertaining, and pretty rewarding. I think it might have some problems holding up just like the first one does, but I probably enjoyed this one at first watch more than the first one at first watch. Felt like the character was definitely presented better.

Rob Delaney was great and the Matt Damon/Alan Tudyk cameo was great.

The young New Zealand kid from Hunt For The Wilderpeople was whatever. I think the character was a good abused victim at times, but then a really annoying Rebel Wilson type.
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 05-20-2018 at 07:59 PM.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Caught this last night. Absolutely loved it. Thought the references and the meta scenes were awesome. Defo one of my fave films this year.

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    England

Caught this over the weekend. A lot of fun, I'm not a big Deadpool guy but I certainly enjoyed it.

Didn't make me want an X-Force film though. I dunno if I'd want a Deadpool film that isn't tonally the same as these movies (an admitted assumption on my behalf).

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Caught this over the weekend. A lot of fun, I'm not a big Deadpool guy but I certainly enjoyed it.

Didn't make me want an X-Force film though. I dunno if I'd want a Deadpool film that isn't tonally the same as these movies (an admitted assumption on my behalf).

I mean the last act felt like a X-Force film, and everything blended together fine to me. If I was the powers at be for Deadpool, Green lit X-Force stat because you already have great momentum and a great team so why not do it sooner rather than later. Strike when the Iron is Hot in my opinion.

Spoiler:

I mean with Cable apart of the team you can do a Time Travel X-Force film, or hell with Shatterstar dead they could do a Movie involving the Mojo World.

Real Women of Genius

[Your Name]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean the last act felt like a X-Force film, and everything blended together fine to me. If I was the powers at be for Deadpool, Green lit X-Force stat because you already have great momentum and a great team so why not do it sooner rather than later. Strike when the Iron is Hot in my opinion.

Spoiler:

I mean with Cable apart of the team you can do a Time Travel X-Force film, or hell with Shatterstar dead they could do a Movie involving the Mojo World.
    I think my problem is if it's the same sort of movie as the Deadpool's, it may as well just be Deadpool 3. If it isn't, then Deadpool is wasted in that environment. Feels like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

I think my problem is if it's the same sort of movie as the Deadpool's, it may as well just be Deadpool 3. If it isn't, then Deadpool is wasted in that environment. Feels like a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" scenario.

Yup I can see that fear and alot of people said they wanted to see more Cable and Domino so if they were to do a X-Force film, it would be very smart to build up the rest of the team like you did in the Deadpool films, so that doesn't happen for sure.

Real Women of Genius

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

I couldn't disagree more. I'm all for a film that only uses Deadpool's fourth-wall-breaking-fuckery (in a good way) sparingly. His own movies are one thing but he's a character that can be added to any story in other franchises - be it X-Force, X-Men or (and this is me hoping beyond hope) Avengers - and become the comic relief and the voice of the audience when something crazy happens. I think, done right, he's perfect for films that are tonally opposite from his own because his character has no filter and is just ridiculous on every level. Utilised correctly, I think Deadpool outside of Deadpool films could be even funnier and cooler just because he's so out of left field. I've said this before and I can't even remember at this point if I stole it from someone else, but imagine him in a PG/12A where there's only a certain number of swears and he's watching his language the whole way through, waiting for the perfect moment and then it's someone else dropping the F-bomb; his reaction would be worth the price of admission on it's own.

Now, for my thoughts on this film itself - easily as good as the first, maybe better. No faffing around waiting on an origin, just right into action and awesome nonsense.

Spoiler:

Very funny, I was legit crying with laughter during Pool's death scene. I was so sweet and emotional that I think I probably would've been crying anyway, but it was that Family Guy joke that never ends; it stops being funny for a little bit and then is all of a sudden even funnier the longer it keeps going - fucking killed me. I was laughing so hard.

Killing Vanessa was shit. Hated it. Not just because it's a tired trope but because it wasn't even necessary. Ryan Reynolds said on the Empire Podcast they needed something to get Deadpool to that emotional place but for the longest time they tip-toe'd around him actually saying she was dead and I legit thought it was going to turn out that she survived the shooting but then dumped him because she was fed up of the blowback from his shit and he was just being overdramatic about it and telling everyone she'd died. That would've been so funny and totally in character for Wade but they just fridged her instead. It was lazy writing... and given the amount of times Wade pointed out lazy writing moments in the film, it felt weird he never pointed out how lazy killing the main characters girlfriend in the first act was. Saving her after the movie was over was funny though.

The addition of Yukio was another example of lazing writing - it was "Hey guys, look, lesbian's! Aren't we progressive?" with nothing outside of having a canonically gay couple in the franchise to go for them. Thankfully Yukio and Wade's cute "Hi's" and "Bye's" to each other kind of made up for that to me... and having canonically lesbian (or maybe bi, I don't know) characters that a) don't die and b) represent the community positively and not in an unrealistic/stereotypical way is better than not having them at all or using them as negative stereotypes; so that's a step forward I guess.

Really seems like I hated it, doesn't it?

I didn't. I loved it, those two parts just bugged me.

Domino was badass and Zazie Beetz was (unsurprisingly) excellent in the role. Luck is both a superpower and very cinematic Wade.

Cable was great. Collosus was great. Teenage Negasonic Warhead was great. X-Force was great and I loved the Brad Pitt cameo.

A lot of the jokes and references left me scratching my head after the fact to the timeline (past X-Men in present day, killing Barakapool even though Days of Future Past cancelled out that timeline, etc...) but unlike the MCU or other X-Verse films, I'm less bother by those things in a Deadpool film because the whole point is that it's self-referencial and a little bit silly, so the chronology isn't really as important here.

Status

Total Lifetime Grosses
    Domestic: $207,407,352 42.6%
    + Foreign: $279,738,196 57.4%
    = Worldwide: $487,145,548
    With a 110 million dollar budget, this movie is killing it.

Status

Just saw this tonight, was a fun watch. Like some have said I'm not sure of the replay value of this, but was worth the price of admission.

Cider 'I' Up

Status

Watched this the day after it came out in the cinema, really impressed with the follow up from the first Deadpool, still laughed my head off at the famous one liners, and the brilliant puns at other Marvel films.

Don’t think the cinema stopped laughing which was great, I do think a third one would be too much though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DD View Post
    Cyber bullying just made me 12 bucks. Sweet.
    2017 Movie Log

On Vacation

Status

I still haven't seen this. I haven't seen a character get so many commercials (products) in a long time. Looks like everyone has been enjoying it so far.

Thread Information