Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trial By Fire 2017 PROMO DISCUSSION THREAD

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

Trial By Fire 2017 PROMO DISCUSSION THREAD

Discuss them. Review them. Be unselfish.

Anyone who posts his/her promo by Wednesday, January 18th will get a review from me. Anyone who writes a match and submits it (90%, ending left off) by Wednesday, January 18th will also get a review from me. You pick: write a match or post your promo early. That's 7 days from now. You can do it. I believe in you.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: Trial By Fire 2017 PROMO DISCUSSION THREAD

Yeah no. there is no fun way of saying it, so I'll just say bluntly. I'm forcing it. it's not working I thought it was just my dad's heart attack but I've been staring at this blank page just unmotivated to write on it. I think I need to take a break from E-Fed and recharge my batteries because I'm just spent mentally. Sorry guys. I know I'm the worse. I'm just in a weird place these days.

Please don't hate me.

I'll still love you if you do.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Sorry for the short promo but it's all I have had time for. I need to try and get a head start on these and allow more time to do them so that I can do myself justice. Not happy with what I've done so far here in FWA.

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Just wanted to say that Eyesnsane's promo was amazing! Great job man. Congatulations on a successful title defense!

#WC4Horsemen

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RED View Post
    Just wanted to say that Eyesnsane's promo was amazing! Great job man. Congatulations on a successful title defense!
    I really appreciate the compliment .... Your promo certainly kept my interest not just this one either you're a pretty solid writer.

FWA Tag Team Champion x5
    FWA North American Champion
    FWA Women's Champion x2

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

The Rondo promo is going to be sent in a little over deadline I think, so I'm willing to take points deductions... or get DQed, doesn't really matter I'll still post something I wrote anyways, just too tired to finish it off now. My fault. Been sluggish. Still in holiday mode a little. Already apologised to PAJ.

edit: nvm, it's way over deadline but still putting something up.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 01-22-2017 at 04:22 AM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Sayer

you edited your promo a minute too late

dqed bud

sorry

Spoiler:

jk.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status

I apologize for that, as well, though. It posted all kinds of fucked up.

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Three male singles championship matches fucking brought it. Shout out to TJG too for that effort, you'll win against a no show but in my mind you'll be right in title contention after that performance
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    Yeah no. there is no fun way of saying it, so I'll just say bluntly. I'm forcing it. it's not working I thought it was just my dad's heart attack but I've been staring at this blank page just unmotivated to write on it. I think I need to take a break from E-Fed and recharge my batteries because I'm just spent mentally. Sorry guys. I know I'm the worse. I'm just in a weird place these days.

Please don't hate me.

I'll still love you if you do.
    dont beat yourself up m8, maybe the character has just run its course, maybe you just need more time to clear your head and generate new ideas, its all good. dont force yourself to write if its not rewarding or fun. whenever you get the next great idea or think of the next big story to tell, chances are FWA will still be here. no worries~

had some no-shows but from what was posted, a strong group of promos for sure, very pleasing to read through them all yesterday and today.

Jhunha -

Starr - good introduction piece, im looking forward to your first feud. i see potential here for Starr to be a cerebral, thinking mans heel, and i think that would be a nice fit seeing as FWA currently has a lot of bull-headed heels already. i would suggest using some kind of styling like italics or colors to distinguish between the dialogue and the scene descriptions to make it an easier read on the eyes.

Jason Randall
    - first off, i know this is secondary to the point but the lack of periods at the end of some of the dialogue threw me off a little. But main point-wise, i can get along with a Randall turn~ i dont know if there was enough focus on tearing down a legacy character like Wyoming suddenly coming in and calling out Randall, but seeing as a lot of people probbaly dont know why Wyoming is it worked out fine. one thing i wouldve liked to see more is Pennys role in the turn; previous weeks we see her moseying up to Randall and hes not completely cool with it, so to see the ending of this one seemed abrupt, like theres a chunk of the story that im missing out on.

Olympians - was this one substantial enough to beat Eyesnsane? i would have to say i doubt it, but this got real interesting real fast~ i was just thinking to myself last show that theres gotta be some kind of twist in this gimmick, and in this promo we get not one not two but three twists looooooool. what i really like though is that this promo sets the table for three very distinct and unique personalities in the group, and that mix can go a long way towards keeping this team and the promos fresh. it couldve benefited more from a bigger focus on the belts and on Eyesnsane as the opponent outside of just the first segment, but for a new act it was very enjoyable and intriguing work for sure.

Cyrus Truth
    - just excellent, a promo that takes the strengths of Cyrus promos and doubles down on them. its not like we havent heard this line of logic from Cyrus before in this other defenses, but the build up encapsulating everything thats happened over the past few months leading into the pointed "fuck you FWA" was just great. not only that, byy saying he will possess and destroy FWAs history, youve both raised the stakes even higher and also built up the main event narrative post-TBF whether Cyrus wins or loses. an excellent promo and an excellent example of how to 'peak' an angle into a great promo while still laying the groundwork for the future in a way that is compelling story-wise and inclusive of other FWA characters.

KAIZEN -

Zachary Kazadi - you nailed down the podcast format pretty will in this one, so while parts of if dragged, it was also in keeping with like how an actual transcript would read. it was good too that you finally addressed some elephants in the room stemming from the FWA twitter thread. i still feel as though Kazadi lacks in some of the focus that other characters bring to the table but its fine since the journey is still in its early stages.

Eyesnsane
    - in the past i havent been a huge fan of when Eyesnsanes backstory story got too noir-like and all, i didnt think that route plays into the characters strengths, but here you play to your strengths very well without that background. the smarmy insults on the Olympians and the continued build on just how historic what Eyesnase is made this a strong package, also two nice touches of showing some research on Greek mythology and the return of Alana.

Tommy Thunder
    - basic stock promo, good to see the character is going to get a win on the PPV. since you already said this was more of a filler promo, ill keep waiting for your actual full-length debut lol

PAJ - this had all the hallmarks of the typical PAJ promos, something that longtime FWAers are familiar with by now. while the logic is sound and you give Rondo a pretty comprehensive wringing in the promo, i cant help but get the feeling that across all the segments it felt a little rushed, like the psychology couldve been fleshed out way more. aside from that though, solid concept and execution.

Sanada
    - writing a promo in a one-segment blog post form has its weaknesses and i feel as while the concepts and the body of the promo was good, the execution left it a little flat. its a shame too, as Sanada was able to hit Bell pretty hard for not caring about the womans division while focusing on other people in FWA. one thing i guess i should point out is that when people mispronounce things in their spoken english, they probably would type it correctly in blog/written format.

Tristan Gallowa
    y - this was a step off of your great promo on FN, i suppose a little more generic. however, im glad to see that the elements of the story you started telling are still there, and hopefully will be expanded upon in the future. i wasnt even aware that there was a CWA connection but adding that is a good twist, and you did good work in threading the first scene to involve both Trenton York and also showing Galloways current disposition aside from his past. good steady work, keep it up~

Mike Parr
    - This one wasnt my favorite Parr promo but it does the job, like a couple of other promos for the show it felt a little rushed, good concepts and ideas that couldve used a show or two more to cook a little. the focus on Garcia while not ignoring whats happened over the past two months in regard to Parr and the main event is a good touch. even though it wasnt your best work, the premises of the first two segments has a lot of potential in them imo

Michael Garcia
    - i understand that the first segment is serving a purpose of turning Garcia towards a new direction, but i cant say im digging that bit. i suppose that kind of stuff should be left for the FN promos since i dont think the two segments connected well. besides that, i thought the meat of the promo was very good, and that this promo showed a level of awareness that hasnt always been present in Garcia promos in the past, almost veering into face territory for a second. the characterization as Garcia as a 'taker' and Parr is the newest anointed one is good, and this one also did a better job weaving Garcias history into his current feud. but since you mentioned Jason Gryphon more than once i award you -100000000000000000 points
    Last edited by KAIZEN; 01-23-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Status

Yeah, I figured as much. I guess I tried to imply it was being translated though from Japanese and so I just went literally with what the katakana would be for the most part. Then again, there's probably a ton of words in there that would be katakana that I didn't so I guess it was an attempt to make it slightly more unique if unrealistic.

Feedback is appreciated though. I initially was going to do a full scene etc as we discussed but when AON said he wasn't going to promo, I kind of decided to hold off on it and just extended the blog post. If I didn't need to go big then I thought I'd just get my character's points across at the very least.

I will review promos shortly (for real this time) and they should be edited in here.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Thanks for the feedback Kaizen. I wasn't really interested in having my team win the titles at Trial by Fire, I am more interested in how their story will evolve. I mean of course I'd like my team to win but there is no need to rush things. The Olympians could become champions at TBF or on the next PPV, or in six months from now. The longer it takes for them to achieve their goal the more intriguing their story will be. Thanks for the kind words though

#WC4Horsemen

Status

KAIZEN

woooo boy. This is gonna be one hell of a review, because I'm bouncing all around the damn place after reading this one.

Let me start from the ending, which I NEVER do. I loved the "Brazil is watching. Minoru is watching. Kacey is watching." Etc. I thought that was a great addition, a SUPERB way to build suspense up to a singular moment using words rather than images. That is so so so difficult. To build up a reader's suspense (maybe it's the champagne). But you did it. So great job there.

And now I'm going to jump to the beginning.

The Alison scene was fantastic. I thought it was touching, heartfelt, and down-right perfect. I really thought that was the gist of the promo, and if so, I think that would've been perfectly fine, honestly. You put Kaizen in a very unorthodox setting, in a very unorthodox situation, and you had him seem very very very realistic. Like a Make-A-Wish moment. But it fits what Kaizen is portraying right now, as this character and in this promo. It tells a very appropriate story both about where Kaizen has come and where Cyrus Truth is. From Alison's perspective, Kaizen and Cyrus aren't really very different, are they? What Cyrus is doing now? Kaizen did it a year ago. And since Kaizen has reverted back to his true self, maybe Cyrus can, too. Maybe he isn't "so bad." Yes, I get this. And I think this is a perfect use for the Alison character.

But man, that scene really halted abruptly.

And man, there was A LOT more to this promo.

You didn't need the scene with Luis and Shane. You just didn't need it. It did nothing for you.

I get that you like to have Kaizen in a lot of dialogue situations. That's fine, and it fits your style. But when you have three separate scenes involving five non-Kaizen characters interacting with Kaizen, man, that can become an overload. And while the Kacey scene had its sweet moments, it seemed to revert into a different direction than what you had Kaizen and Alison discuss. In that scene, it was about how Kai was so similar to Cyrus. In this scene, it's about fear. And about Shannon O'Neal — that reference felt out of place. And about being the average underdog who can rise up. And about how you aren't afraid, even though you said 3 minutes earlier you were.

What is this promo about?

My main gripe with this promo is that it feels — to me — like it was two promos stitched together in one. The two scenes felt very disconnected from one another. Kaizen was still a likable, unselfish underdog in both, but the scenes themselves and the messages they were portraying felt very divided. You didn't need Alison AND Kacey. You didn't need Kaizen comparing himself to Cyrus as the main crux of one scene and Cyrus talking about fear and being the underdog versus Cyrus having the arrogant mentality in the next one, which shows they aren't so similar at this moment. I just don't know what the story is here. Aside from Kaizen trying to win the World title, I don't know what the central message is behind that quest. I don't know which scene holds the priority message. And, to me, that's a problem.

This promo was two amazing promos that work perfect separate but together feels awkward. I was ready to crown a new champion 75% of the way through the Alison part. But the drastic change in mood and "feel" in the second scene just seems so "off" when I take a step back and view the entire thing.

A+ for effort here. Because no one on the show put forth as much effort in their promo, from what I can tell.

A- for creativity, especially in the Alison segment. People don't go for the super-softy approach too often, so it's a nice change of pace to see it from someone who can produce such realistic dialogue.

A for the character portrayal, because we REALLY get to know a lot about Kaizen and get reaffirmed two things: who Kaizen is to other people; and who Kaizen is to himself. Others think of him better than he thinks of himself. And that's fine. As long as its properly portrayed. Which it was.

But the struggle here is the disjointedness from one scene to the next, and the inability to properly construct design the promo where the reader can see what the central story here is and what Kaizen wants ME to take from this promo most of all.
    Last edited by The Golden One; 01-23-2017 at 11:25 PM.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Status

Not a review yet but I gave both Cyrus and KAIZEN grades over 70 so that's how good I thought both were. Won't make a habit of giving my public grades out but should mention that. It's a really close match.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

@TGO

thanks a lot for the long review. feedback from whats working or not working from the reader perspective is invaluable and im really happy you took the time to do so when you didnt have to.

the scene with luis and shane was just there to show what KAIZEN wouldve been doing had he not gotten the phone call. perhaps it didnt work or was a distraction to the main premise, ill admit. and others have told me before to rein in the NPC use and i constantly keep indulging myself in it anyway, so thats a very valid point as well.

ill admit that i actually was going for somewhat different feels in between the two main segments. the central message behind the quest, and how (in my mind) the segments tied together is that KAIZEN wants to know what it means to really be 'strong'. ive always thought of KAIZENs as someone who despite being a good wrestler doesnt know a lot about real life because he grew up in a dojo, where hes been taught all about physical and technical strength, but nobodys ever taught him about EQ or emotional strength. Alison and Kacey, each in their somewhat separate ways, are stronger than KAIZEN, and KAIZEN is trying to get to where they are despite the fact they both look up to him. what i as the writer wanted the reader to hopefully take from both segments is that KAIZEN is becoming someone who is willing to finally face his shortcomings and open his heart up to the world around him, and that he represents the ideal of people can be stronger together as opposed to someone who is seemingly happy with being strong alone (Cyrus). in regards to the 'i am not afraid' bit, i meant to imply that KAIZEN wasnt afraid of the challenge, not that he isnt afraid of Cyrus per se. that was poor word choice on my part.

again, thanks for the in-depth review and thanks for bringing these critiques to my attention. my goals as a writer are to convey the ideas in my head to the reader in an entertaining and engrossing way. if there are disconnects or disjoints that are pulling the reader out of the story, then thats on me, and ill work fix those blind spots in my writing.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Kaizen, thank you for the kind words.

Heel Champion

Status

Jhunha - You know, the similarities between Jhunha and Garcia are quite staggering at this point in their career. Both willing to do whatever it takes, whoever they want, to make a point. Both sort of controlled, or at least reigned in, by a few puppeteers behind them. Both jealous in a way of people being handed things that they feel they have to earn. Both tired of the anointed golden boys. I kind of felt though, that this didn't fit MY personal vision of who Jhunha is and that was a bit disapponting, but Jhunha is your character, after all. Just that, I kind of imagined Jhunha to be something akin to Umaga and so when I heard him start to complain almost about Kazadi, it was a bit jarring to me. I kind of see how Wolf felt when he called me out on it for doing it with Garcia. But everything else about this promo was top notch. Your strength is in your dialogue, as you seem to know. I've never been one for extensive amounts of description myself, but I have do have to ask why you go with the seperate sentences instead of condensing evertyhing into paragraphs? It wouldn't make a difference in grading to me, just curious about it.

Starr - Solid introductory promo. You're definitely going to want to read up on some FWA style promos before Fight Night and check out things such as the formatting, length, and presentation. The important stuff though, such as story-telling, sentence structure, background, description, and general grammar was good for a starting RP. Just need to see more. Can't wait to see more of Starr's story though!

Randall - You've never been one for long promos but this was short even for you. I know that you've got a lot going on with running CWA, so I'll try not to harp too much on that. Still, what was there was good stuff as always, and I enoy reading Randall's off-color view of things. I can't tell if this quite a heel turn or just Randall being Randall, but I hope it is a heel turn because I think the character is much better suited for a heel run. And if Jason Randall has even a hint of Jimmy King in him, character-wise, I'm sure we'll all be praising heel Jason Randall. I love the venom that was presented here and if you can tap into that just a little bit more and emphasize the unpredictability of Randal's character, you could have a NA contender right here. Randall is a rising star, but if and only if, his presence becomes a bit bigger than what it is.

The Olympians - Just a minor note, but I can't imagine anyone saying the word Grand fifteen times in succession on live TV. Really good stuff from the Olympians and I actually liked the fact that you focused more on telling the story here because I believe that's more important than any championship win right now. Even if Eyesnsane wins here, I think the Olympians will still come out smelling like a rose because this was a quality promo for someone just starting out. This one took several twists and turns which is always nice. I wasn't a fan of the fact that this was 95% dialogue and 5% setting. I feel that there should have been more descriptive writing in the setting, especially in the second half. It felt almost sort of rushed. I do feel that had you expanded on things that you could have actually taken the belts from Hughes here. Loved the cliffhanger at the end.

Cyrus Truth - Wow. What a promo. I'm not going to lie, I've been slightly critical of Cyrus promos in the past as having a very distinct format and getting repetitive. This one was different and quite honestly, one of, if not your best since joinging the FWA. I love the implication that Cyrus has to be "reeled in" by the FWA brass. It's the angle I wish that had been taken when Cyrus first arrived. That FWA felt threatened by having the CWA come in and take over it's championship. Cyrus being a face made very little sense to me.Cyrus coming in and basically laying down the law was exactly the type of Cyrus Truth that I was hoping to see from the start. Bringing up the long list of Hall of Famers he toppled just made cyrus look like a God that FWA couldn't take the title back from. There's just not enough good things to say about this promo. It singlehandedly made me a Cyrus Truth fan, which ironically, was the opposite of what it was supposed to accomplish. And I love it.

KAIZEN - And then we follow it up with this gem. Such good stuff here from KAI. KAIZEN's strength....what sets him apart from literally everyone else in the FWA, is his ability to put you right into KAIZEN's world. You literally feel like you know all of the characters from KAIZEN's story, not just KAIZEN. Allison in particular, is a really intriguing character. She sees similar qualities in KAIZEN and CYRUS, doesn't she? KAI's monologue I felt was good, but might have lacked just a little bit of venom, especially considering with what Cyrus has done as of late, trying to set Ashley on fire. He got really fired up at the end, and extremely passionate but not necessarily as angry as he should be.I just felt he was a smidgen short in that department. Having said that, you really NAILED KAI's best quality which is always that little bit of self-doubt that lingers in him because it's what makes him human. This is going to be extremely close.

Kazadi - I get it. I get the format. You nailed it, for what it was. But I felt like it was a lazy route to take, especially since you just did it last week and it just seems as ameans of having to not come up with a backdrop or a setting that fits the situation Kazadi is in. I'm not a fan of doing interview type, podcast setting repeatedly. You have a knack for dialogue though, so it does suit Kazadi's strengths. I can't knock anything in that department, but it does feel like Kazadi has sort of lost a bit of that passion. Sort of feels directionless at the moment. It was a fine promo for covering what it needed to cover and Kazadi's words make it a good enough promo on his own, but a lack of true planning is shining through in this one for sure and that's something I never thought I would say about a Kazadi promo.

Eyesnsane: You have really embraced "The Eye in Team" and forced me to enjoy an angle that I didn't think I would enjoy. Whether this leads to Alana becoming his partner or not, i enjoy the fact that James now has a story outside of just being the one man tag team champion. This was one of your best peices to date and solidifies to me that you DO have what it takes to be in the conversation of main event guys. I love how James touches up on history, I love how well you write the soft-core stuff at the beginning without going too far into it. Leaving it up to the imagination is far better than over-explaining it. Although you lied about carrying the Garcia's, I'll let you slide for that.

Tommy Thunder: Not much to say here. Good for what it was, glad that youre going to get the win but I really wish you would have taken the opportunity to just introduce the character better.

PAJ: Honestly, I was a bit disappointed here. PAJ's first big match back, against Ryan Rondo, on a PPV...I expected this to on the same level of Cyrus and KAI. Maybe you knew Shake was going to no-show, so Ill consider that but even still...Length was way short for you, and it feels like you just wanted to touch on every point without taking the time to fully explain your motive. WIsh there was more. Always a PAJ fan, though, just a disappointed one today.

Sanada: Again, not a fan of blogs or podcasts being used as promo settings for big matches, but since you don't do it every week with Eimi, I won't harp. I kind of want to go into Eimi's personal life, meet the people that she's met,and be brought into her world. i'm that invested into the character. I want more. That's why I don't like blog promos or diaries or podcasts. This didn't feel lazy to me though because it felt very focused, very poignant, very in-depth. You know you're a great writer, so I'll just leave it as this....I really liked what was written. I just want to see her world.

Galloway: I've not seen the Rollings character from CWA, but I can tell already that I really love him. I felt this was a bit of a drop from your earlier FN work, and that had this been on a FN, I would feel a lot fdifferent about it. For a PPV, I felt that Galloway should have had a lot more to say. Whether it's about FWA, what his direction is, what his plans are...I just feel like there should have been more meat to this then there was. I'm excited for Galloway's future int he FWA though, definitely going to be in the NA scene VERY soon.

Status

The Olympians: I will echo those before me in saying that while you might not win the belts — no spoilers — you still did A LOT to distinguish your characters and that will benefit you in the long run. I'm 45% more interested in the Olympians' individual parts now after reading this promo, whereas before reading it I was only interested in the team as a whole and their potential in a thin tag team division. Now there is waaaaay more meat on the bones of the individual characters, if that makes sense. You could've focused more on Eyesnsane and winning the tag titles, and in that sense, this promo PROBABLY could've been used on a FN when the stakes aren't so high. But it still was a necessary promo for this group. It's great storytelling; a great job of explaining the mental states of how these two became followers of this Zeus person. It's important to explain this because once they build themselves up on their own, you won't need Zeus anymore for them to be over. And that's important. This was a big first step on that road.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Status

Tristan James Galloway: It wasn't as good as your first two promos, but it was still solid. It shows TJG's personality, especially the first scene where he denies help from Romeo. I think that stresses the fact that Galloway wants to do this on his own terms; and doesn't want to associate with anyone sleazy (?). Both reinforce his face-ness. That's good. The scene in front of the fire place was ... a bit cliché for "Trial By Fire." Let's just say it's been done before, but you couldn't have known that. So I won't dock ya harshly there. The backstory with Peter O'Malley was interesting and, again, we got a bit more insight into Tristan James Galloway's backstory and his character. How he got to this point in life, etc. And finishing by saying that while he couldn't defeat the demon that was Peter, he can defeat Trenton York. I found that to be a pretty good ending. I do wish you did more with the matches you all have had so far, but The Grange has been AWOL for a week or so now, so maybe you knew this would be a no-show win. Solid promo and you've now shown you can go balls-out and also can save yourself and still give a solid, character-building, story-progressing promo. That's a big plus.

2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Heel Champion

Status

I do think it's imperative that we all devote a little bit more time to feedbackinf both the promos and the shows. As elders in the FWA, it should fall on people like myself, KAI, Eyes, PAJ, Shake, Cyrus, Jimmy and Jon to commit to doing a better job in letting the newer guys and each other know where to improve. I'll be the first one to say I need to change in that regard, so can we all make a better commitment to feedback the hard work that we all do to make the FWA great?

Thread Information