Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo (2018)

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo (2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Christ, I hope not. First of all, it kind of defeats the purpose of an anthology film if they're just going to spin it off into another trilogy. Second, with Johnson's new trilogy, Episode IX, the proposed Kenobi movie, the live action television show that's coming for the Disney network and the just announced Benioff/Weiss trilogy it's just way too much Star Wars. I know they're not going to stop milking the name for all it's worth but the more they over-saturate the market the more they'll make each successive film feel less important and less must-see.
    OH yeah I forgot about the live action show to come. If they don't do a sequel then where do you see this film ending then? I would say this vs the Obi-Wan Movie that will to me be a Star Wars version of Logan, this is more prime and ready for a sequel, but you might be right on that. Personally I don't mind all the Star Wars since it's getting me to want to read the Comics.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Eh, who knows? There's a myriad of places this movie can end without having to tell another story to get Han to the point he's at in A New Hope. Maybe he's just about to meet with Jabba about the shipment that he ends up ditching? I'm pretty sure the final shot will be from behind Han and Chewie's backs in the falcon cockpit as it goes to hyperspeed since that just makes sense.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Pixar Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

This so far has been the least Ibhave bee. Hyped for a new Star Wars film and I love Star Wars. I was so excited at first but with the lack of anything and the amount of re shoots for it has me worried that this won't be very good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung View Post
    This so far has been the least Ibhave bee. Hyped for a new Star Wars film and I love Star Wars. I was so excited at first but with the lack of anything and the amount of re shoots for it has me worried that this won't be very good.
    It sounds terrible to say and I certainly don't want it to be the case but perhaps this movie being bad, getting poor reviews and under-performing at the box office could be a good thing. If that happens, it MAY convince Disney that they should dial back on the Star Wars stuff for awhile and make the movies feel more important. I cannot overstate enough how odd it is to me that I feel like this is way too short of a time between Star Wars movies and I honestly think that's a major reason why I'm having trouble getting behind this.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Was I the only one who was taken out of the trailer when Harrelson appeared?
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Nah, I felt that way too and I love Woody. I don’t want to sound like a negative Nancy though so I’ll just leave it at that.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Nah, I felt that way too and I love Woody. I don’t want to sound like a negative Nancy though so I’ll just leave it at that.

I’ll happily take the Nancy name tag then, sir. He’s fine but it just doesn’t feel like a world he would somehow exist in. Just feels like Harrelson being Harrelson in a fantasy galaxy and it’s funny to be.

But then again Ford has a certain aura and style to him that feels unenthusiastic and it worked to the franchise so who knows.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    I just saw Kingsman last night and it was one of the few times Samuel L Jackson actually contributed more than he took away by virtue of having too much "presence," so my immediate reaction was to think maybe Woody won't be so bad. But he and Sam L and a few others definitely exist in the category of actors who ruin immersion for me regularly. Oddly, I felt this way more about Donald Glover's appearance than Woody's, for whatever reason.

Fuji's gotta be a Toxic Thomas, apparently but I'm cautiously optimistic, this looks fun, and more Star Wars Universe is never really a bad thing. Unless we're talking Christmas Specials.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Fuji's gotta be a Toxic Thomas, apparently but I'm cautiously optimistic, this looks fun, and more Star Wars Universe is never really a bad thing. Unless we're talking Christmas Specials.
    I disagree. It can certainly be a bad thing if they bombard us with so many movies that they don’t feel special or important anymore, something I fear we’re on the cusp of seeing happen with all this stuff that’s been announced. Star Wars used to be an event that we all waited with anticipation for, now it’s just a thing that we’re going to take for granted when a new movie comes out every 6 months.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I disagree. It can certainly be a bad thing if they bombard us with so many movies that they don’t feel special or important anymore, something I fear we’re on the cusp of seeing happen with all this stuff that’s been announced.
    That sounds like a personal problem, Finicky Fuji. If it's over-saturated, just skip 'em, or space them out more. I haven't seen the newest Episode and am in no rush, probably for the same reason.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Status

Here's a new poster.

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

New Trailer for the film. I actually like the vibe going on in this Trailer than the previous one.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

I already knew that Donald Glover was gonna steal this film but that trailer all but confirms it. Not sure about whether the film itself is gonna be any good but Glover is definitely gonna be a highlight.

Status

here's a new poster.

and new Lando trailer

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

I just really want a Lando movie to be honest. Gimme Donald Glover as the loveable rogue in his very own trilogy and I'll be happy.

Status

New Posters.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

I'll be going to see this opening day. I've got my expectations lowered enough that I'm now of the mindset that I'm going to be pleasantly surprised by how it all turns out.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I am of the opinion that it will suck so I will be going into it with very low expectations. I am hoping I am wrong but most of what I have seen doesnt give me much hope besides Woody. To many reshoots has me nervous and the trailers came out really late tells me that Disney is worried about this film.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

[Rock Me Amadeus]

Status
      Country                    Germany

I've done the whole "avoiding trailers" thing, the whole reshoots business and as Wang said the late marketing push doesn't have me too excited

However, a lower bar to hit is a nice chnage for a Star Wars film. And my brother is quite excited for it and that's sorta wearing off onto me a bit.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

The re-shoots don't bother me all that much because at least they brought in Ron Howard to handle them. Even though he's never made this particular type of sci-fi movie he's still responsible for both Cocoon and Apollo 13. Plus he's Ron Howard. If he can't fix it basically nobody can.

I don't think it's going to suck or anything but I agree with the Postman that lowering the bar is actually a good thing for a Star Wars movie. There's really nowhere for this to go but up at this point.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

​​​

Thread Information