It is the start of the NBA 2016/17 season. A new team has been announced for this season by the NBA CEO Adam Silver. He said at the press conference "Us here at the NBA are proud to announce an expansion of the NBA. 4 New Teams will be joining us here at the NBA. Those teams include The Cincinnati Lions, being coached by Declan Dimi. This is where I stopped listening. I was so excited about coaching this team to possible glory. I have had no previous NBA or even basketball coaching experience, but I knew the ropes. I could add a whole new dynamic to this organisation, and that excited me. The other 3 teams being introduced were The Pittsburg Force, Vancouver Ravens and The Nashville Stars. I knew that we would struggle in the league, knowing that we are a newer and much smaller team, but what excited me was the force that we could possibly become.

I spoke to Barry LaVergne, our manager. He welcomed me to the club with open arms, and we gelled immediately. He set a long-term goal for me. To win the NBA in my first 5 seasons. I responded, telling him that it is a hard challenge, and I will do my best, but I cannot guarantee that we will do it within the time frame. He told me that he bought this club to be a winner, and demanded that I make the playoffs in my first 3 seasons, before storming out of my office.

We have a good mix of experience and youth in our squad, which is vital for our team to succeed!

Squad

Tony Allen - #9 - SG
Nene #42 - C
James Johnson - #16 - SF
Ramon Sessions - #7 - PG
Raymond Felton - #2 - PG
Mike Muscala - #31 - C
Thomas Robinson - #15 - PF
Shabazz Muhammad - #5 - SF
Rodney Stuckey - #23 - SG
TJ McConnell - #1 - PG
Jordan Mickey - #55 - PF