Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TNA Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2017 (Now With More Canadian Bacon!)

HOSS MOD

Status

Impact Wrestling TNA Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2017 (Now With More Canadian Bacon!)

Quote Originally Posted by FightNetwork.com
    Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. today announced it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a majority interest in TNA IMPACT Wrestling, and has formed Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC. Anthem also owns Fight Network, the world’s premier 24/7 multi-platform channel dedicated to complete coverage of combat sports, which is IMPACT Wrestling’s exclusive broadcast partner in Canada and worldwide digital partner.

“We are thrilled to have acquired TNA IMPACT Wrestling,” said Ed Nordholm, Executive Vice President of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp., the parent of Fight Network. “As we grow Anthem’s linear, digital and mobile platforms globally, top tier content with global appeal is key to that success and this acquisition is a perfect strategic addition to our portfolio. IMPACT has been a dominant wrestling brand around the world for more than a decade and we are confident that Anthem can leverage its assets and strategic partnerships to take IMPACT Wrestling to even greater heights.”

Mr. Nordholm, who has been the managing director of the IMPACT Ventures Board of Managers since October 2016, will assume the position of President of Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions, LLC. Dixie Carter will resign from her position as Chairman of Impact Ventures and join the Advisory Board of Fight Media Group, which holds all of the combat sports-related assets of Anthem, where her focus will be on the global growth of the combat sports-related brands owned by Anthem.

“Anthem has been a great partner for many years,” added Dixie Carter. “We have worked hard to find the right company who would acquire TNA, use its strategic influence and have a long-term commitment to the brand. TNA’s incredible fans, talent and staff deserved to see the brand continue to thrive after 15+ years of incredible growth. I’m excited to move to a new position and work with Anthem on their global strategic plan, and I am confident TNA IMPACT Wrestling is going to be a huge part of their success.”

Ms. Carter will remain a minority equity stakeholder.

Yes, despite the fact that it really SHOULD have died, TNA once again dodges death. And now, Dixie's no longer in control of the company! Does this mean that TNA can actually, finally live up to even a modicum of the potential some diehard fans (i.e. HoHo) believes the company has?

I don't know...but mad props to them. I can't argue that this company is hard as fuck to kill dead.

Anyways, same as last year. Any and all Impact Wrestling show discussion goes here. Welcome to 2017, TNA. Let's see how you avoid death once again.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: TNA Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2017 (Now With More Canadian Bacon!)

Still don't have a ton of faith, but the good news is if they ever do die, the entire library is owned by one group again so it'll be easier for WWE

In all seriousness, I hope they do well and provide a ton of jobs tbh.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Goddamn it Canada! You're too kind. If TNA genuinely became a Canadian company, they would have my undying loyalty but since they'll probably continue operations in Florida, then they have nothing.

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Just drink TNA in mannnnnnnnnn.

For all the problems TNA has had as a Wrestling business, they have been some positives with talent and their ratings getting slowly keeping consistent. I hope with Dixie in her time out Chair for now, I hope this company moves forward to greatness. What I want to see is the addition of Knockouts, Tag Team Division and X-Division getting depth with talent as well and time to show what the divisions are made of. The past few weeks TNA had opportunities to improve their product, but instead choose to use the time to go through the best of what happened in TNA, and promoting the Hardys further on their history. I like the Broken Hardys, but let's start giving time to the guys like EC3, Drake and Bennett more. I heard Bennett's contract with TNA is done in February, and lately they have been barely using him to his potential. Maria and Bennett is a good couple together and really come off like douches so any talent who feuds with them, is already going to get the support of the fans. Please don't waste this talents TNA!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

SOS Brigade Member

Status
      Country                    United States

Truth be told, sounds like an exciting time to be a TNA fan right now, now with cancer nearly rid of. Who knows, maybe they'll finally be able to become a presentable product worth watching.

All I can say is, despite getting shot by several bullets over the years, this bullet finally hit Dixie Carter's jugular. Only a matter of time before she's gone for good.

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / WWE: Rewriting History / Resident Evil: Raccoon City / Humanity

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Great start to 2017 if you ask me.

#WC4Horsemen

Pain does not lie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Truth be told, sounds like an exciting time to be a TNA fan right now, now with cancer nearly rid of. Who knows, maybe they'll finally be able to become a presentable product worth watching.

All I can say is, despite getting shot by several bullets over the years, this bullet finally hit Dixie Carter's jugular. Only a matter of time before she's gone for good.
    Yup and the sad part of all this is, Corgan is not with the company anymore due to the bs he did with Dixie and TNA. I thought he truly loved TNA, and wanted to see the company succeed.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

SOS Brigade Member

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    Yup and the sad part of all this is, Corgan is not with the company anymore due to the bs he did with Dixie and TNA. I thought he truly loved TNA, and wanted to see the company succeed.
    I wouldn't be so certain in saying he's gone permanently. With Dixie out (for the most part), it looks like the door's open for him to come back.

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / WWE: Rewriting History / Resident Evil: Raccoon City / Humanity

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Corgan booked a load of shite anyway, no?
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

Pain does not lie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I wouldn't be so certain in saying he's gone permanently. With Dixie out (for the most part), it looks like the door's open for him to come back.
    That would be a true birthday present to hear that. Breaking news I'm hearing Jeff Jarrett has rejoined with TNA!

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=106913

Anthem Media has come to terms for Jeff Jarrett to return to TNA, PWInsider.com has confirmed. We are told that Jarrett will be at this week's TV tapings, as will his wife Karen Jarrett.

Jarrett, one of the original founders of TNA alongside his father Jerry Jarrett, resigned his position from the company in December 2013. At the time, Jarrett held the position of Executive Vice President of Development/Original Programming and his departure was seen as a huge shock at the time.

Jarrett would go on to form Global Force Wrestling while still a minority shareholder in TNA, which was seen as an embarrassment to TNA at the time. There was such an anger about that from Carter's end, that, at the time TNA brought back the six-sided ring, numerous sources told PWInsider.com that it was done because Carter felt Jarrett would do it within GFW, so it was TNA's way of cutting him off at the pass.

As it turned out, Jarrett was brought back in 2014 as part of a deal that saw him inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame on camera while behind the scenes, Dixie Carter acquired his shares in the company, giving her, at the time 100% ownership. It was a deal that was done so that Carter had complete control and could attempt to find new partners without Jarrett's potential interference, something that led TNA down the road to Aroluxe, Billy Corgan and finally Anthem Media.

Only, Anthem decided to turn to Jarrett.

The re-emergence of Jarrett was pointed to this morning as a sign that Carter was completely out in terms of decision-making as the pair had at times, split the loyalty within the company between their two sides and had a number of falling outs over the years, including a time period where Jarrett took time off from the company after it became public knowledge he was dating his now wife Karen (who had previously been married to Kurt Angle, at the time the top star in TNA). During that time away, Carter let go of Jarrett's entire support staff at the time, including Dutch Mantel, Savio Vega, Jim Cornette and Brian "Roaddogg" James.

"There is no way [Carter] would have allowed Jeff to return," said one source who spoke under condition of anonymity this morning. "This is proof that she is done."

The return of Jarrett makes him something of a Steve Jobs figure within TNA as like Jobs, Jarrett was forced out/walked away from something he created, only for that same entity to reach out seeking his assistance in righting it down the line. Anthem reached out to Jarrett last month and held a number of meetings with him as they did their due diligence prior to officially announcing yesterday that they had acquired Impact Wrestling.

We are also told that Dutch Mantel is already in Orlando and is expected at this week's tapings, which certainly lends credence to the idea that Jarrett will be helping behind the scenes in terms of creative as Mantel was always one of his top lieutenants in that regard in the past. After being let go by TNA, Mantel, considered a great mind for the business, had a run with WWE as Zeb Colter.

We are also told that this does not mean the end of Jarrett's Global Force Wrestling promotion, which has been working to establish a TV deal in conjunction with "American Ninja Warrior" production company A. Smith & Co. Productions in Los Angeles. Sources indicate that whatever Jarrett is doing with TNA, it will not impede any potential GFW business moving forward.
    DOUBLE J IS BACK BITCHES! Also Dirty Dutch coming back as well means=Knockouts Division meaning something again! Awesome Kong among others praised on the work he did with the ladies, and the want to get them move in the company back when they roster was fucking deep as hell.

Real Women of Genius

SOS Brigade Member

Status

Well that's some damn skippy news as well. Hopefully, everybody Dixie fired can come back... including the Wrestling Czar himself, James E. Cornette.

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Pain does not lie

Status

Well if you told me Jeff Jarrett and Dutch would return I would of called you drunk. With those two back, TNA is already going upward before their first Impact show of 2017.

Real Women of Genius

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Good to see people celebrating TNA taking steps backward instead of moving forward. Jeff Jarrett couldn't even get GFW off the ground, why the hell would he be a positive acquisition for TNA?

Pain does not lie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    Good to see people celebrating TNA taking steps backward instead of moving forward. Jeff Jarrett couldn't even get GFW off the ground, why the hell would he be a positive acquisition for TNA?
    Jeff is a smarter mind for the business of Wrestling, as is Dutch Mantel so theirs hope they can do way better than Dixie could ever do by herself. When Jeff and Dutch were still together TNA was do well. Dutch brought in Kong in 2007, besides him being a Writer, Producer and Agent for TNA in the past. Right now TNA is winning at craps with the additions of Jeff and Dutch in my mind.

Real Women of Genius

Pain does not lie

Status

Delete please.

Real Women of Genius

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Delete please.
    I can't, it's a very valid post in a TNA thread.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Batman Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status

Jeff is a smarter mind for the business of Wrestling, as is Dutch Mantel so theirs hope they can do way better than Dixie could ever do by herself. When Jeff and Dutch were still together TNA was do well. Dutch brought in Kong in 2007, besides him being a Writer, Producer and Agent for TNA in the past. Right now TNA is winning at craps with the additions of Jeff and Dutch in my mind.
    Jeff couldn't even get GFW off the ground. Whatever situation TNA was in before being bought by Anthem, no matter which way you look at it, he had a hand in that. Jeff Jarrett is the guy who put himself at the top of TNA time and time again when there was countless superior talent around. To a degree, he contributed in the squandering of Joe, Styles and Daniels and ultimately helped the waste of their prime. Dixie sucks but Jeff Jarrett sucks too.

Pain does not lie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    Jeff couldn't even get GFW off the ground. Whatever situation TNA was in before being bought by Anthem, no matter which way you look at it, he had a hand in that. Jeff Jarrett is the guy who put himself at the top of TNA time and time again when there was countless superior talent around. To a degree, he contributed in the squandering of Joe, Styles and Daniels and ultimately helped the waste of their prime. Dixie sucks but Jeff Jarrett sucks too.
    Yeah he put himself over more than he should, but he also gave alot to the company putting over those young stars with him before they got their feet wet and became vets and stars themselves. Joe, Styles, Daniels all have given respect for his contributions to TNA even Styles said the day Jeff left, he knew it was time go. How about let's see what the man can do in his second tour of TNA, and not send him up the river right off the bat.

Real Women of Genius

SOS Brigade Member

Status

Though my hatred of Jarrett as an in-ring performer is well recorded, I'd still say I'll take him owning and running a company over Dixie Carter. Not only that, I'll take him as a booker more than I will take Russo. Jarrett at least knows he needs other people to bounce off ideas from to be successful.

I'm willing to give Jarrett the benefit of the doubt on this one, especially with Dutch back.

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

A Pretty Solid show overall last night

I Particularly Liked How The Moose vs Bennett Match was Booked

Most Likely Richards will turn on Edwards shortly

Thread Information