Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: TNA Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2017 (Now With More Canadian Bacon!)

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Re: TNA Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2017 (Now With More Canadian Bacon!)

The ending helped.

Pain does not lie

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Puerto Rico

ACH/Everett was a fun sprint from Impact this week. I didn't understand why Everett dominated the majority of this match towards the ending really, because I thought it would be more 50/50 when a new guy is debuting like ACH. Still ACH gets the upset win in a sense, because he's not a known name in the company versus Everett who's been extremely close to winning the X-Division title before.

They completely wasted Marufuji skills to be in a match with Moose this week for the Grand Championship and shouldn't be Champion? EC3 came into the Ring and clocked him with the title ending the match, that makes Fuji Man the winner doesn't it? I rather see him in the X-Division or Tag Team Division than just trying to hold the man down with Moose.

Lashley/Patron vs LAX was solid, I find it funny Lashley left him there getting his ass kicked again. I wouldn't be shocked to see Patron lose the GFW/Impact World Title sooner rather than later when it's time to do new tapings and it could be with Lashley gaining it back, and LAX feuding with Patron probably getting his family in a match with them.

Everything else felt meh to me, and is it just me or do I see Gail Kim when she returns to action the division is going to be all about her, forgetting about the other talent? One of the last Gail Kim reigns she had the title and she was having the same matches, never really putting over the talent, that's more so Impact's booking at the time, but I thought if you bring Gail back it was going to be versus Rosemary. Now with Sienna people are not as invested in her vs Rosemary heel wise, and I think this is my problem with the division when is the problems with the lack of talent, and depth going to be fixed?

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I really can't wait to see Low Ki vs Cuerno vs Sydal tonight. Sydal is pretty much the number one contender to for the X-Division Championship and with Trevor Lee holding the title hostage don't know when he'll get that title shot.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

The Franchise.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I've just caught up on the last 3 Impacts.

How things have greatly improved. When impact first moved to pop I couldn't stand it. Now that booking team is consistent so is the storylines and show in general. Because we get it on spike over here don't know if they're producing it slightly differently to pop tv but we seem to get a lot of replays on segments but apart from that I'm really digging GFW Impact.

The Lax/Patron feud is great but I feel LAX need a newcomer that's almost at Patrons level because although they're heavy on numbers they're light/non existent on a main player wrestler.

Pain does not lie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Franchiser View Post
    I've just caught up on the last 3 Impacts.

How things have greatly improved. When impact first moved to pop I couldn't stand it. Now that booking team is consistent so is the storylines and show in general. Because we get it on spike over here don't know if they're producing it slightly differently to pop tv but we seem to get a lot of replays on segments but apart from that I'm really digging GFW Impact.

The Lax/Patron feud is great but I feel LAX need a newcomer that's almost at Patrons level because although they're heavy on numbers they're light/non existent on a main player wrestler.
    Yeah we get the replays on matches and segments to fill time with GFW Impact as well. I have really liked how they replay in slow motion especially with the X-Division matches nice touch. I also agree LAX does need a member for Patron to truly feud with going forward or this is going to get boring fast for me. I really liked the segment all parties had together, Konnan trying to get him to join by any means necessary and him buying it into till the last second attacking all of them.

Low Ki vs Matt Sydal vs El Hijo de Fantasma might of been the match of the night for me. It really locked in and delivered, and it was good to see time being given for guys to entertain the fans. I didn't like what they did to Sydal after the match he wants a title shot, and Lashley says fuck the X-Division and I want a title shot too before spearing him.

Grado and Van Ness's date segments were funny as hell to watch, girl loves Salt and Pepper and huge Burgers. If only she can fix her Makeup maybe she could be a great girlfriend for something not named Grado. He seemed totally creeped out by her, but he choose her over everyone else.

Sammy Guevara vs. Drago was a good match as well, hopefully we get to see more of these guys going forward after the Super X CUP is over. Don't forget Last Knockout Standing Match with Sienna and Rosemary that should be groovy.

Real Women of Genius

Pain does not lie

Status

Lolz Patron vs LAX yeah Patron's family is going to be involved somehow and give him the win because right now it's all about making him into the face of GFW. That Last Knockout Standing could be really good, Rosemary is always great in matches that aren't just straight up single matches ask Jade. We will see if Sienna can retain it's not going to be easy, she shall be taken further than she has before tonight. Oh lookie Taya and Mundo locked in for August shows hopefully we get a true deal with them, but don't know how that effects their relationship with LU. I know Taya works for AAA so she should be cool, but is Mundo's contract coming up soon then?

Real Women of Genius

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

I'll check this show out. As said above, GFW has been overall a pretty presentable product for a while now, I just still think they need something or someone big to make a wave in the roster. Someone hot and fresh that everyone wants to see right now. I mean an indie guy.

In the mean time, I like that they are bringing Low Ki and Matt Sydal up a bit. I would like to see more of those guys mixing it up with Lashley and Patron.

I also think that they need to focus their midcard and tag divisions a little more. The booking hasn't been bad it is just lacking direction.

Pain does not lie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    I'll check this show out. As said above, GFW has been overall a pretty presentable product for a while now, I just still think they need something or someone big to make a wave in the roster. Someone hot and fresh that everyone wants to see right now. I mean an indie guy.

In the mean time, I like that they are bringing Low Ki and Matt Sydal up a bit. I would like to see more of those guys mixing it up with Lashley and Patron.

I also think that they need to focus their midcard and tag divisions a little more. The booking hasn't been bad it is just lacking direction.

You're going to get what you want sooner rather than later RobyD. Sydal vs Lashley winner gets the title shot they want!

Lashley will probably win though, but with the name Destination X why not give Sydal the huge win making Lashley go even more nuts and put some momentum into Sydal getting that X-Division title shot. Speaking about that where's Sonjay Dutt been the past month? Trevor Lee stole his title and up to the recent show he was doing nothing. When it comes of Lee don't get the stupid shit he's doing with Wrestling with the title on, he just seems goofy as fuck and it's not getting over with me.

Taiji Ishimori vs Davey Richards was a good match with two veterans, but the fans weren't into it as much I thought they should of been, but when you have Davey who is a heel and Taiji who is unknown to many fans hard to pick who they want to win I'm I right lol

Rosemary/Sienna was a good Last Knockout Standing was good even with the interference of KM, but he needs to go and let Sienna handle her own business, because his actions provided nothing for this match. Sienna retains which means next in line Gail Kim and I not really looking forward to that. Rosemary said she's not done with Sienna so you never know what she'll be up to.

The Gauntlet with Patron and LAX is downright horrible. Homicide legit got beat it felt a minute into the match, and LAX losing after getting beat by Patron and Lashley as a team, and now this week yeah not a smart decision to do. Even with the ending of Patron's family and VOW coming out it made me worse, thank goodness the show ended because I don't want to see anymore of the VOW team.

Real Women of Genius

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Not had the chance to see Imapct for a few weeks now....I will be able to watch this weeks effort soon though, so hope I haven't missed out on too much in the previous 2.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Mid-Card Champion

Status

6 Man Tag - Very good opening contest. Not a big fan of the low blow into finisher finish between EC3 and Moose, but I suppose it does setup the Grand Championship match whenever that takes place.

Lashley can actually cut a semi decent promo when he wants to haha...so we're getting Lashley vs Sydal...I assume in a #1 contendership match but with Bertie being suspended and in trouble...could it be for a vacant title?

Richards/Ishimori - Was expecting more from the match to be honest. It was good but I felt like it was lacking something, maybe i'm just being picky.

Last Knockout Standing was good. It was a different finish, but one that was also kind of expected. It wasn't as good as the NXT offering from a couple of weeks ago though, but top effort nonetheless.

Lee/Octagoncito was just silly, I suppose they got what they wanted from a storyline perspective though.

Main event was just to setup the aftermath...which i'm ok with...So are we going to be getting a 4 on 4 match at the PPV then? Seems likely at the moment doesn't it?

Pain does not lie

Status

Konnan just dropped LAX is getting a new member not named Patron okay, so why waste weeks of TV to try to get him?

Anyways I'm interested who the new member is going to be, because whoever it is he shall be feuding with Patron for the next couple of months.

Real Women of Genius

Pain does not lie

Status

We are 7 days away from Destination X, no not on PPV, but on the Fight Network next Thursday. When I look on what's going down in the GFW Impact hood the X-Division is getting alot of shine this week. ACH vs Ishimori is going to be hopefully a good match and that Tag Team Match could be the best match of the night like Slammiversary like with the same competitors. Sydal vs Lashley has me really hype to see their match-up next week, and oh Trevor Lee vs Sonjay Dutt in a Ladder Match for the X-Division title as well!

Real Women of Genius

Mid-Card Champion

Status

So... this promotion is still making horrible decisions? Got it!

Backyarder

Status

Haven't caught up with the last few episodes, but was looking forward to El Patron vs Low Ki, so bit disappointed by the news, even if it was probably the right thing to do. Interested to see what they do with the title on Thursday, hoping they have someone lined up to replace El Patron.

Pain does not lie

Status

http://impactwrestling.com/alberto-e...sion-update-2/
    GFW has concluded its internal consideration of the events surrounding the suspension of Alberto El Patron. While it is apparent that initial reports unfairly characterized El Patron’s involvement in the incident in the Orlando airport, we are nonetheless disappointed with the manor in which he dealt with this situation; we expect more decorum from all on the GFW roster, especially the World Champion.

We have communicated with El Patron our decision to strip him of his championship title. No decision has been taken as to the date on which he will be reinstated to the roster, the conditions of which are a private matter between the company and El Patron.
    Yeah no shock to see Patron be stripped of the World Title, but wasn't he found innocent via the problems he had with Paige a month or so ago? GFW is smart though to strip him, probably should of done it sooner after the news of all chaos dropped. I can't see GFW putting the title on Low Ki, but they might have to now till you find a guy worth rocking with it. I wouldn't be shocked to see Lashley if he beats Sydal this week he's in line to get a title shot so they could go back to him if they want? Lashley two reigns have been great, and a third would be more of the same.

Real Women of Genius

Mid-Card Champion

Status

They can just make Lashley vs Sydal for the title now surely? I'd actually prefer to see Sydal getting a short reign, at least it would be fresh, plus the likelyhood is whoever is holding the title will only be doing so until GFW re-instant Bertie anyway.

Pain does not lie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    They can just make Lashley vs Sydal for the title now surely? I'd actually prefer to see Sydal getting a short reign, at least it would be fresh, plus the likelyhood is whoever is holding the title will only be doing so until GFW re-instant Bertie anyway.
    Yeah they could do that, not sure if this week's show is live or taped though. Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Sydal get a run and I would trust the GFW Staff vs the old crew before JJ came in not building up new talent. Poor Sabin was one of those guys I've waited to see win the World Title, and when he did they didn't book him like one and his reign is forgotten by many people.

Real Women of Genius

Backyarder

Status

This weeks is a live episode, which is why they did it now. Had to really wait until the last set of tapings were shown until stripping him of the title as wasn't possible without it becoming confusing on screen, or at a huge cost to tape new shows.

All up for a Low Ki title run. Not sure how it would go down, but think he's good enough for them to at least give him a short run.

Pain does not lie

Status

Is it now well then just put Low Ki in the match with Sydal and Lashley then and winner becomes new champion. GFW doesn't have the luxury of having the PPV coming up soon to put over the new champion in the right way, so it's best to have one set by this week or the next.

Real Women of Genius

The Franchise.

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I for one would love to see the return of the bound for glory series to crown the next Champ.

Thread Information