Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TNA Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2017 (Now With More Canadian Bacon!)

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: TNA Impact Wrestling Discussion Thread 2017 (Now With More Canadian Bacon!)

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Though my hatred of Jarrett as an in-ring performer is well recorded, I'd still say I'll take him owning and running a company over Dixie Carter. Not only that, I'll take him as a booker more than I will take Russo. Jarrett at least knows he needs other people to bounce off ideas from to be successful.

I'm willing to give Jarrett the benefit of the doubt on this one, especially with Dutch back.
    Yes, and I'd take Trump over Hitler. You don't validate someone by comparing them to two of the absolute worsts in the discussion.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    Yes, and I'd take Trump over Hitler. You don't validate someone by comparing them to two of the absolute worsts in the discussion.
    Straw man

Jarrett wasn't the best boss, let's be honest. But how exactly is TNA taking several steps back? Jarrett may have been a world champion more than he should have, but it's not like he's the first owner to be a multi-time world champion... (cough Verne cough). It should be noted, Jarrett's responsible for Dutch Mantell booking TNA. What happened? The TNA Knockouts had great rivalries. Not only that, the X-Division was at its peak. AND you had Angle vs. Joe, arguably the best rivalry in TNA history. Admittedly, Jarrett as world champion how many times is grating and annoying, but he still oversaw TNA's height.

I don't see how TNA can take steps back, 'specially since they can't take any more without falling off a cliff.
    Last edited by Grim Barrows; 01-06-2017 at 02:03 PM.

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I don't know but did it feel to anyone else last night's Impact show had the best Audio System they've had in years? The Sound the whether it was the Microphones with the Wrestlers talking, or the Commentary Team Headsets it sounded more professional than ever.

Mike Bennett vs Moose for the Grand Championship was damn good and probably the best match that had the Grand Championship on the line. Round 2 and 3 was very exciting you didn't know who was going to take away the win. Bennett/Moose have great chemistry together, and I hope we get a few more matches between the two with Bennett eventually taking the gold.

Hornswoggle vs Rockstar Spud. Poor Spud, he gets a partner in Hornswoggle and he was useless than he loses to that former partner in his first match of 2017. No wonder he quit after the match lol

Fact of Life with ELIIIIIII..Drake, and he's talking again? Drake it hasn't been a full year yet, but fuck timelines Drake is the one most entertaining talents in TNA and in Wrestling right now so I was glad his mouth was no longer shut. Drake never question the magic of Matt Hardy it could be the end of you if you and your partner can't win the Tag Titles at the PPV tonight.

Decay vs Helms Dynasty. So Helms completely forgets what happened when he went to the Hardy Compound, but somehow Jeff who was also bathe in Lake Hardy and remembers everything oh no plot HOLES! DCC attack Decay after the match, but for one why are they still wearing Masks, why hasn't Storm talked about why he brought this team together, and if the DCC couldn't stop The Broken Hardys, how do they expect to finish off Decay?

Sienna vs Allie. Crowds love Allie, and their character is developing by the week. The day she breaks away from this and gives us her inner Cherry Bomb with a flare she could be the top face of the Knockouts Division. I really chuckled seeing Sutter saying no no no no when Allie tried to lift Sienna who is much stronger than her. Oh lookie Moose vs Bennett No Holds Barred Match at TNA: One Night Only, Hardys vs Eli Drake/mystery partner, Sienna vs Rosemary Knockouts title on the line, X-Division Fatal Four sounds great. Goth Princess vs Punk Princess sounds like a dream, hopefully Allie doesn't destroy this match-up which she'll probably win lol.

Eddie Edwards vs. EC3 vs. Lashley. The Triple Threat was a good match, and I liked how EC3/Edwards kept Lashley from getting in the match every chance they got to double team him. I knew it wasn't last forever, and Lashley showed his dominance later in the match and was nearly close to becoming TNA World Champion again. The return of Davey Richards interests me, I know he's possibly retiring in a year so wouldn't it be smart to have him fight Eddie over the TNA World Title? Davey helps Eddie because he wants to end the reign of his former Wolves buddy sounds smart. IT BETTER HAPPEN!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Team Canada

Status

I Don't want to be that guy, but if I remember Correctly Drake Couldn't Talk until the end of the Year.Not An Entire Year

The One Complaint that I do have about last nights Reboot is that they didn't have any new talents debut aside From Hornswoggle

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    I Don't want to be that guy, but if I remember Correctly Drake Couldn't Talk until the end of the Year.Not An Entire Year

The One Complaint that I do have about last nights Reboot is that they didn't have any new talents debut aside From Hornswoggle
    Yeah hopefully that changes TCON. With a fresh start and the word of Jeff, and Dutch making rounds in Pro Wrestling the dirt might be finally coming off the company and it's been on there for quite awhile now.

Real Women of Genius

Status

So apparently this is their new logo. I like how they just have a random bird in the middle of it.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    So apparently this is their new logo. I like how they just have a random bird in the middle of it.

Oh Peep, you're underwhelming me. It is the Anthem logo, which is now EVERYWHERE It is hilarious. They even have Anthem's website going down the ring posts like IMPACT Wrestling.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status

I don't follow TNA/Anthem much at all so I wasn't aware. Apparently the logo just debuted tonight, so....

What Anthem is this though? Because the only Anthem I'm aware of is for insurance, which that definitely isn't their logo.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    I don't follow TNA/Anthem much at all so I wasn't aware. Apparently the logo just debuted tonight, so....

What Anthem is this though? Because the only Anthem I'm aware of is for insurance, which that definitely isn't their logo.
    Not that Anthem, Anthem that owns the Fight Network and now TNA or whatever.

Also those who have seen this a lot will roll their eyes, but since I'm sure plenty haven't yet, Impact Wrestling's owners Anthem is meh tna backwards.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Prince Of Joshi

Status

I don't mind the new logo, kinda need it after all the negativity associated with the old TNA. One point of advice though, why not a Phoenix bird instead? A Phoenix always rises, get it

Real Women of Genius

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I'm counting down the days until they let Russo back in...

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    I'm counting down the days until they let Russo back in...
    If they do they can kiss any semblance of interest goodbye.

That being said, I find it difficult to believe Jarrett will make the same mistake thrice. Not only that, Russo's "secret" involvement a couple years back will all but allow him to return under Anthem's authority.

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

Team Canada

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    I don't mind the new logo, kinda need it after all the negativity associated with the old TNA. One point of advice though, why not a Phoenix bird instead? A Phoenix always rises, get it
    You Hit the Nail on the Head

The New Logo is essential, because it is a very easy way to let people know that this is a New TNA (Hopefully), so fans that gave up on it might give it a 2nd Chance.

HOSS MOD

Status

I get that new owners, new logo, all that. But I think both TCON and HoHo are SORELY overestimating this. It's a new logo. It doesn't exactly erase a decade and a half of TNA finding new and exotic ways to be bad.

I do hope that TNA makes it, since ding dong Dixie's gone. But we'll see.

Team Canada

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    I get that new owners, new logo, all that. But I think both TCON and HoHo are SORELY overestimating this. It's a new logo. It doesn't exactly erase a decade and a half of TNA finding new and exotic ways to be bad.

I do hope that TNA makes it, since ding dong Dixie's gone. But we'll see.
    I agree that it doesn't erase a decade and a half of history, but as I have stated before.
    All that can be done moving forward is to improve the current product
    It is going to take a long time to reverse their fortunes, but you have to start somewhere.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

I agree that it doesn't erase a decade and a half of history, but as I have stated before.
    All that can be done moving forward is to improve the current product
    It is going to take a long time to reverse their fortunes, but you have to start somewhere.
    Yup honestly before the problems with money around the time of Bound for Glory was going to happen, and then the problems with Corgan and Dixie kept pushing them back. It was like TNA's Race Car started up ready to go and boom the engine blew out if you get what I'm saying. 2017 hopefully they finish that Race in first place.

Real Women of Genius

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I really hope they manage to overcome the terrible stigma of the brand, but they haven't done anything over the years to make me think otherwise. I'm still concerned while Dixie has a small share of the company still she'll somehow managed to fuck it up for everyone.

But Eli, EC3, Galloway, Moose, Bennett, and the Broken Hardys have been bright spots for the promotion. These guys all deserve to be big stars and has allowed the latter to maintain and rejuvenate their career.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Oh this just in TNA giving away clips for their next upcoming. I legit just saw on their Twitter EC3/Lashley talking to each other and discussing about a Last Man Standing Match. Winner gets to face Eddie Edwards for The TNA World Title. I said before towards Dixie on Twitter and TNA Wrestling Twitter not do that, because it gives away any excitement or shock value when you already know a good portion on what is going to happen. Also Wolves vs Broken Hardys for the TNA World Tag Titles, it feels like Davey and Eddie haven't together in a Match in TNA in ages, good luck to them, but I don't see them winning the titles.

Real Women of Genius

Team Canada

Status

Somebody F*ucked Up At The Fight Network Last Night
    They Aired Last Weeks Edition of Impact in Canada

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Somebody F*ucked Up At The Fight Network Last Night
    They Aired Last Weeks Edition of Impact in Canada
    Yup TCON I was talking about this last night in the Nash Box. Pop was on the ball and The Fight Network really fucked up with the wrong tape being shown. They would show this week's show later in the night, kinda late, but gave me a sour taste of my mouth I'm just watching Impact right now.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 01-13-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information