Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: May BTBOTM - Extreme Championship Wrestling by Stojy

Demon Bunny

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Extreme Championship Wrestling by Stojy

Really enjoy the show your writing is fantastic I am all for RVD vs Corino! I really liked Rhyno promo makes him feel like a man beast threat he is.

I hope Tajri wins title im such a fan of the guy and it should be a hell of a main event.

Tag Divsion seems good and I really like york & matthews as these young bloods.

I enjoy the show def keep reading

Mid-Card Champion

Status

No predictions yet please...

ECW Hardcore TV
    March 10th, 2001
    Macon, Georgia

We get a pretty uneventful opening to the show, much like last week, as “Elevation” by U2 blares through the arena’s PA system. Of course for the viewers watching on television, the mainstream tune is accompanied by the standard ECW Hardcore TV opening video package, highlighting extremists from both past and present. Again, much like last week, there is no in ring introduction from Joey Styles or Joel Gertner, instead the cameras pan throughout the arena, as the rowdy crowd run riot with chants of “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”.

The chants continue from the fans as “Bad Influence” by Less Than Zero hits and the fans look a little confused, not really making a lot of noise. After a moment or two, a smiling young man with longish blonde/brown hair bounces out in a pair of black wrestling tights. The crowd still doesn’t know how to react so when the young man looks to slap hands with the fans on the way to the ring, they do not engage. As he continues down the ramp, looking a little shaken at the lack of response from the unforgiving ECW fans, the ring announcer announces this man as Michael Shane. Whilst nothing is mentioned for the fans in the arena to hit, on commentary Joey Styles and Joel Gertner talk about how Shane has been trained by his cousin, Shawn Michaels. Once Shane gets into the ring, he bounces on his toes; keeping warm well he waits for his opponent. “No Sleep Till Brooklyn” by The Beastie Boys gets the fans interested again, however it’s a far from positive reaction, as Little Guido makes his way out from the back, closely followed by Sal E. Graziano, Scotty Anton and Tony Mamaluke. The Full Blooded Italians revel in the insults from the fans as they always do, enjoying the spotlight, laughing them off and hurling insults back at the fans. The leader of The FBI, Little Guido looks pretty content with his opponent tonight, snickering at the determined look on Shane’s face, before stepping into the ring.

Match One
    Michael Shane vs. Little Guido w/The FBI

Despite the determined nature of Michael Shane, he’s no match for Little Guido early on, as the leader of The FBI dominates the rookie. He clearly looks a class above, not even needing to use his cronies at ringside to maintain the advantage. Guido is as arrogant as ever throughout the match as well, landing several blows but talking major trash to the debutant as he does so. Within the first 90 seconds of the match, it’s probably already over but Guido uses a few relaxed pinning techniques and Michael shows some resilience by kicking out.

As the onslaught continues inside the ring, Joey Styles and Joel Gertner talk about how with the future of ECW being up for grabs, the company hadn’t focused on bringing in any new talent. Giving youngsters an opportunity to prove themselves is something ECW has always done in the past, and this is the beginning of them doing it again. The Network have decides to give Michael Shane an opportunity perhaps because of his family connections, however Cyrus has mentioned previously that he intends to bring in an influx of new talent.

Whilst the commentators are selling what could happen in the future, Little Guido continues to have his way with Shane, not even breaking a sweat. With Shane just about finished, Guido lets his boys know that it’s about to be over, BEFORE HE DRILLS THE YOUNGSTER WITH THE KISS OF DEATH!!!

Not wanting this match to go any longer, Guido makes SURE TO HOOK THE LEG WITH THE PIN…1…2…3!!!

Winner – Little Guido @ 2:14

As the bell rings, a still relatively fresh Guido bounces to his feet, all smiles as he gets his hand raised in victory by the referee. Whilst this is happening, Big Sal and Tony Mamaluke slowly begin to step into the ring, as Scotty Anton sprints up the ramp and through the curtain.

The three Italians left in the ring don’t seem too worried about their fourth member having disappeared, instead deciding to shoot rude, Italian hand gestures at the fans. Due to their actions, the heat only gets louder for them which they smile about, seemingly enjoying themselves.

Suddenly, the heat gets even louder as Scotty Anton sprints back towards the ring and slides in. He doesn’t come alone however; in his hands are two steel chairs, one with “MICHAEL” written on it, and the other with “SHANE” written on it.

Boos are drowning out any other noise now, which is followed by a quick chant of “EYE BALLS”, “EYE BALLS”, “EYE BALLS”. Guido takes the steel chair with Michael on it, and raises it above his head, much to the annoyance of the fans. Big Sal and Mamaluke then grab an arm each, and drag Michael up… ONLY FOR GUIDO TO SMASH THE STEEL CHAIR ACROSS THE FACE OF MICHAEL SHANE!!!

“ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chants ring out for the brutal, unprotected chair shot which sends the debutant crumbling back to the canvas, With Shane down and the Italians happy with their dirty work, Mamaluke picks up the chair with “SHANE” written on it… AND SLAMS IT ACROSS THE CHEST OF SHANE!!!

With an arrogant look on his face, Guido claims that there is “ONE MORE THING TO DO”. The leader of The FBI heads up to the top rope, a pompous look on his face… BEFORE HE LEAPS OFF OF THE TOP… LANDING WITH LE CANNONBALL RIGHT ON TOP OF MICHAEL SHANE!!!

Massive heat from the fans for the use of Pierre Carl Oulette’s move but it simply doesn’t matter. The FBI continues to celebrate in the ring with Shane looking lifeless now, looking like the victim of an Italian Mafia hit.

They finally leave the ring and head backstage, as the referee and some EMT’s check on Michael Shane and this break in action allows Joey Styles and Joel Gertner to have a discussion on commentary.

Joey Styles: The FBI have been mimicking Eye Balls every since they have been suspended, but tonight was too far, destroying a man making his debut. The FBI better enjoy it well they can because they have a lot of payback coming their way tomorrow night at Living Dangerously when Eye Balls return from their suspension.

Joel Gertner: I can’t wait for them to come back; I still can’t believe that they got suspended in the first place. It was a farce of a suspension to begin with.

Both men look pretty fired up however not wanting to get in trouble, and seeing the aggressive look on his colleagues face, Styles changes the subject.

Joey Styles: Believe me; I understand your grievances however moving on…

Gertner looks a tad annoyed for a moment, before nodding and accepting that moving on is the best thing here.

Joey Styles: As it was announced last week, we have a huge tag team main event tonight which will see the ECW Champion Rhino and Steve Corino going up against Rob Van Dam and Yoshihiro Tajiri!

Styles pauses for a moment, letting those words sink in.

Joey Styles: But we’ve also got an announcement for the future, as one more match has been signed for Living Dangerously!

Joel looks a little confused so this is clearly something that has only been communicated to Joey.

Joey Styles: As we mentioned earlier during Michael Shane’s debut, ECW has always given the spotlight to stand outs that can’t get a shot anywhere else.

Gertner nods in agreement with what Joey is saying.

Joey Styles: Look at some of the previous examples, Malenko versus Guerrero…

Joel Gertner: Lynn versus Credible…

Joey Styles: Awesome versus Tanaka…

Joel Gertner: And Tajiri versus Super Crazy…

Joey Styles: And we will be doing the same thing at Living Dangerously. We’re going to give the shot to the two most talked about independent wrestlers in the world as of March two thousand and one.

Both commentators have that excited look in their eyes, ready for the big announcement.

Joey Styles: Living Dangerously is going to be one of the greatest pay per views in wrestling history, because not only would it see the return of Christopher Daniels to ECW…

Gertner is impressed with the first competitor, nodding in approval.

Joey Styles: But we will also be seeing the ECW debut of yet another wrestler, because at Living Dangerously, Christopher Daniels will be facing the debuting Low Ki!!!

Holy crap! What a match that will be!!! Both Joey and Joel talk about how much they are looking forward to seeing two of the best wrestlers in the world go at it tomorrow night in ECW. They continue to sell that match and the rest of the pay per view, before sending us to our first commercial break of the evening.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Before getting back to in ring action, straight after the break, we get a video package…

ECW Living Dangerously
    March 11th on PPV
    From Nashville, Tennessee

Now that the video package is complete, we head back to ringside where “Super Bon Bon” by Soul Coughing signals the arrival of the ECW Tag Team Champions Danny Doring and Roadkill. The cheers from the fans are ENORMOUS as the tag champs slap hands with the fans, however both are visibly limping after being destroyed by Rhino last week. Roady is in casual clothing which all but confirms that Doring will be the man competing in singles action tonight. One thing that is clearly noticeable and paints a bullseye for this match is that Doring has his ribs taped up after last week’s assault. “Electric Molecular” by Chemlab plays next and the ovation isn’t quite as loud, but it’s still very positive as Joey Matthews makes his way towards the ring. Being a member of a tag team means Christian York is right behind him, giving him a pep talk as they slap hands with the fans and step inside of the ring. With the baby face portion of the competitors already in the ring, they share a respectful nod whilst waiting for the final piece of the puzzle. They don’t have to wait long as “Simon Says” by Drain STH gets a MASSIVE negative reaction from the fans, as the Georgia natives clearly aren’t fans of Team Me. For Team Me it’s Simon Diamond who’s dressed for action tonight, whilst Johnny Swinger is in a pair of jeans. The two teams in the ring don’t look happy at the arrival of Team Me, as the fans continue to boo them, yet Swinger still gets into the ring confidently, ready to do battle.

Match Two
    Three Way Dance
    Danny Doring w/Roadkill vs. Joey Matthews w/Christian York vs. Simon Diamond w/Johnny Swinger

Initially the match had all three men going at it at a break neck pace, however even with his injured ribs, Danny Doring begun to get on top. Putting their hatred aside, and despite how the much the fans disliked it, Diamond and Matthews formed an unholy alliance, and began double teaming Danny. As soon as Doring started to get hit in the body with some strikes, the match took a turn for the worst for him. The tape on his ribs were a big target and Diamond was doing all he could to target them.

Having softened up Doring, Matthews wanted to begin wrestling Simon; however Simon instead shoved Joey away, and ripped the tape off of the injured ribs of Doring. With no protection for his injuries, Doring was in even worse shape now, but he still kept trying to get up. Joey Matthews had a conscience though and had seen enough, so he began fighting with Diamond; however Simon was able to take down Joey.

On the outside of the ring, Johnny Swinger went under the ring and grabbed a steel chair… BEFORE HE THROUGH THE STEEL CHAIR TO SIMON DIAMOND…

SIMON CATCHES THE CHAIR… AND ROADKILL GETS UP ONTO THE APRON… THIS DISTRACTS THE REFEREE… AND ALLOWS SIMON TO STAB THE STEEL CHAIR STRAIGHT INTO THE RIBS OF DORING!!!

The fans are shitting all over Team Me, as Doring is down on his knees, clutching his ribs in agony. Roadkill gets tripped off of the apron by Swinger, and the referee turns in time to see SIMON ROLL UP DORING WITH A PIN…1…2…3!!!

Elimination #1 – Danny Doring

Roadkill is fuming on the outside and he chases Swinger around the ring, however Swinger slides inside of the ring and out of harm’s way. At the same time as Swinger gets into the ring, the referee helps Doring get out, and Roady decides to fight another day, and instead heads to Doring, and begins helping him to the back. Swinger lands a couple of cheap shots to Joey Matthews, before the referee admonishes him and gets him to leave the ring. Once he steps outside of the ring, annoyed with the ref, HE GETS HIT WITH A RIGHT HAND BY CHRISTIAN YORK!!!

CHRISTIAN YORK AND JOHNNY SWINGER ARE TRADING SHOTS AT RINGSIDE!!!

The action is still going on inside of the ring; however York and Matthews brawl throughout ringside, and all the way up the ramp. They end up backstage and that leaves us with just Simon Diamond and Joey Matthews in the ring. Diamond dominated for a little bit but Matthews showed his resilience, avoiding a few pinfall attempts, before actually taking down Diamond. With Simon down, JOEY GETS UP ONTO THE TOP ROPE… AND LEAPS OFF LOOKING FOR THE FROG ELBOW… BUT SIMON ROLLS OUT OF THE WAY AT THE LAST SECOND!!!

Matthews eats nothing but canvas and holds his elbow in pain after the initial impact. Diamond pulls himself to his feet and shakes out the cobwebs, before dragging Matthews up… AND HE NAILS HIM WITH THE SIMONIZER!!!

DIAMOND MAKES THE COVER…1…2…3!!!

Elimination #2 – Joey Matthews

Winner – Simon Diamond @ 8:15

The bell rings to signal the end of the match and with ringside cleared and Joey Matthews down, Simon Diamond is the last man standing. The referee attempts to raise Diamond’s hand however he is quick to shove the referee away.

Diamond raises his hands in the air himself, before signalling that the tag team titles will be coming around his waist. The fans boo the hell out of Simon but he pays them no attention, because tonight he is a winner.

Simon continues to celebrate, before slowly heading out of the ring and gloriously walking up the ramp and to the back…

Before we cut to another commercial break, we get a video package which highlights the finish to last week’s show…

The video begins with the ECW Tag Team Champions Danny Doring and Roadkill getting inside of the ring, only to be brutally attacked by Rhino. Rhino gores both of them before ramming them both through a table that is set up in the middle of the ring.

Rhino begins talking about being unbeatable, until Rob Van Dam interrupts and talks about Rhino losing a tag match the previous week. RVD and Rhino look set to fight when Steve Corino and Jack Victory attack RVD and Bill Alfonso respectively.

Rhino and Corino beat on Van Dam until Yoshihiro Tajiri makes the save, and Tajiri and Van Dam end up clearing the ring of Rhino and Corino.

To end the show, Cyrus made his way to the top of the ramp and announced RVD versus Steve Corino for Living Dangerously. He then announced tonight’s main event, which will see Rhino and Steve Corino team up to take on Rob Van Dam and Yoshihiro Tajiri.

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

Returning from the commercial break and it looks like it’s time for some PULP FICTION~! However instead of the usual theme music starting, instead we see a smug looking Cyrus sitting in his office.

Cyrus: Ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, with a brand new theme song and all, this week’s Pulp Fiction is brought to you entirely by The Network!

Simple yet effective gloating from Cyrus to get people to hate him even more. He continues to smile into the camera, before it cuts away…

Before heading to the next scene, “Miserlou” by Blue Grass plays and it’s just a different version of the song that sounds terrible. The audience isn’t happy inside of the arena as they boo the hell out of the new theme song, but these are all taped, so we cut to the first promo with the wrestler’s not being able to hear the annoyed fans…

The first wrestler we see tonight for Pulp Fiction is Jerry Lynn. Jerry is in casual clothing, in his own comfortable looking locker room, however despite The Network’s perks, Lynn still seems to be in a pretty intense and distressed mood.

Jerry Lynn: I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again because it’s the story of my life. I’ve been making people my whole career.

Lynn shakes his head, clearly a little bitter that he hasn’t had the success he feels he deserves.

Jerry Lynn: At one point I enjoyed making people, I enjoyed putting on a good show and being respected by all the fans, but not anymore. I’ve made a conscious decision to do what’s best for me for a change and the past month has shown much better results. But at Living Dangerously…

Jerry pauses with a slight glint in his eye talking about Living Dangerously and his opportunity to become TV Champion.

Jerry Lynn: I continue to do what’s best for me and I really reap the rewards. I forget about stealing the show, I do what I need to do to win and I become the ECW Television Champion. At Living Dangerously, I make myself.

He nods with his words, but he seems to be a little frustrated again now.

Jerry Lynn: It has taken far longer than it should have for me to realise what I need to do, and that kills me inside. Two years ago…

Lynn pauses, grimacing a little with what he’s about to say.

Jerry Lynn: I had the opportunity of a lifetime and I got in the spotlight, heard the fans cheer and I blew it. I put myself on the map and I was stupid enough to want to win the TV Title the right way.

Jerry scoffs at being morally correct.

Jerry Lynn: I’ll never make that same mistake again because I’m older now and I’m smarter.

He points at his temple as if to show he’s smarter, before he stands up out of the chair he was sitting on… AND HE KICKS THE CHAIR ACROSS THE ROOM!!!

Jerry Lynn: FUCK THE RIGHT WAY…

Lynn is letting out years of frustration, red faced in anger.

Jerry Lynn: I JUST WANT THE TITLE…

Another pause as he catches his breath, not quite at Rhino level, but still pretty angry.

Jerry Lynn: I’VE MORE THAN EARNED IT…

He pauses one more time, now dead panning the camera, a twisted look on his face.

Jerry Lynn: AND NO FLASH IN THE PAN IS GOING TO STAND IN MY FUCKING WAY!!!

Having said his bit, Lynn storms out of the locker room, his mind on bigger and better things for tomorrow night at Living Dangerously…

In another locker room backstage, we see Team Me hugging and high giving, celebrating their momentum building win just one night before Living Dangerously. Simon Diamond still looks pretty sweaty whilst Johnny Swinger looks fresh, as they hoot and holler, making noise for probably the whole arena to hear. They clearly want everybody to know that they were victorious tonight.

Simon Diamond: I don’t think we have to spell it out for anybody, Johnny but I just beat half of both teams we have to face tomorrow night.

Team Me continue to be all smiles, as Johnny nods along with Simon.

Johnny Swinger: It’s looking like those tag titles are finally coming to us tomorrow night at Living Dangerously. It makes sense, I mean we’ve been beating Doring and Roadkill and York and Matthews nonstop for the last six months.

The two share another laugh together, confidence can be a great thing.

Simon Diamond: It just helps that this company is finally in good hands, and thanks to this righteous Network…

The fans are losing their mind in the arena for hearing the compliments for The Network. Team Me are oblivious to it though, continuing to just be happy.

Johnny Swinger: Thanks to having the right people in charge, we’re finally going to get everything that we’re owed.

With no words left to be said, Team Me share another celebratory hug, and it’s likely the celebration will continue for awhile yet as we cut away…

Next we cut a random, rough looking alleyway, which is bathed in dark, barely any lighting being provided by the street lights. In the middle of the alley, just in front of a wall covered in graffiti stand Da Baldies. Angel and Tony DeVito both mean mug the camera, standing with arms crossed, looking to be in foul moods.

Angel: Just in case you all have forgotten, we are the kings of the streets!

Short and sharp as their demeanour doesn’t change at all, continuing to stand in the exact same stance as when the scene opened…

Now we are back inside the arena in a small, dingy looking catering area, where all there really is to eat are a couple of pieces of rotten fruit. Sitting as a group at one of the tables is Chris Hamrick, Elektra, EZ Money and Julio Dinero, collectively known as Hot Commodity. It seems they are in the middle of a pretty serious group discussion, heads all huddled together, when they all stick their heads up and Hamrick begins to speak.

Chris Hamrick: As usual, everybody doubts our ability to get the job done, nobody believes in us getting the job done tomorrow night.

The quartet looks disgusted at the fact that nobody thinks they have a chance of winning their six man tag match at Living Dangerously.

Chris Hamrick: Actually, let me rephrase that, it’s not entirely true as throughout all the negativity there is one shining light. The Network believes in us.

Mentioning The Network changes the mood of the faction, as they all look proud at being in cahoots with the group that controls the company.

Chris Hamrick: As long as we have the support of the people who really matter, that’s all we need!

Hamrick chuckles after his last statement and they all share some nods and pats on the back.

Chris Hamrick: HOT COMMODITY OVER EVERYBODY!!!

As easy as that, they all huddle their heads back together, ignoring the camera, potentially discussing strategy for their match tomorrow night so we cut away…

Getting prepared for the main event by himself tonight is none other than the ECW Champion Rhino. Instead of being in the locker room with his tag partner for the evening, he in a dark area backstage which is surrounded by a steel fence. The camera is on the other side of the see through fence to what Rhino is, so as Rhino paces back and forth, it almost looks like he is in jail. Suddenly, the ever intense champion RIPS the fence to the floor with his bare hands, letting out some pent up aggression.

Rhino: RHINO… RHINO… RHINO… RHINO… RHINO…

Yelling at the top of his lungs, Rhino is already struggling to breathe, completely worked up with the main event only a few moments away.

Rhino: I’m getting the night off at Living Dangerously because tonight Tajiri is a dead man.

Having broken the fence, the champion walks straight up to the camera, and yells at it causing a bunch of spit to soak the lens. Rhino then pie faces the camera fan, which clearly falls to the floor with the camera awkwardly facing the roof, as noises that sound like Rhino breaking more stuff can be heard…

The final segment of PULP FICTION for tonight heads into what looks like a rather lavish personal locker room, where ‘The King Of Old School’ Steve Corino is getting his wrists taped up for tonight’s main event by Jack Victory. Standing next to them, hands on hips, a sultry look on her face is the ever lovely, barely dressed Dawn Marie. Dawn and Jack both remain silent, letting Corino own the mood in the locker room, when he begins to shake his head as he exhales in annoyance.

Steve Corino: Can you believe this crap? Rob Van Dam wants a title shot…

Corino looks in disbelief and so does the rest of the crew, as they all shake their head at the ‘ludicrous’ idea.

Steve Corino: He’s out injured and hasn’t been seen for months and he just waltzes back in and says… Rob Van Dam wants a title shot?

He clearly doesn’t believe that RVD deserves a title shot, and Dawn and Jack agree with him.

Steve Corino: I’ve put my body on the line over the past few months and I’ve had the best results of my career. I’m not even here asking for a title shot, but Rob Van Dam wants Rhino.

‘The King Of Old School’ pauses, mulling over his next words carefully.

Steve Corino: Maybe he should pick a more realistic request next time… BECAUSE NOT EVERYBODY GETS EVERYTHING THEY WANT!!!

Steve lets out some aggression which seems to startle Victory a little, as he drops the wrist tape. Despite the seriousness of the situation, Marie bounces up and down with a smile, wanting to input something into the conversation.

Dawn Marie: I do. I get what I want all the time.

Dawn speaks with confidence and then stops. Victory snickers at Dawn’s comment, whilst Corino basically no sells it.

Jack Victory: It’s different for you; you get what you want all the time because you’re hot.

Marie enjoys the compliment and Jack smirks at her, however Corino decides to get things back on track.

Steve Corino: We’re going to find out just how good RVD is at Living Dangerously because I’m the foundation of The Network.

The other two are back to nodding in agreement with everything that ‘The King Of Old School’ says.

Steve Corino: We got a great group of guys in The Network, but I’m the cornerstone!

As he says this, he pokes his own chest, really trying to get his point across.

Steve Corino: I’d go even one further than that to say that I hold everything together. I’m the backbone…

Steve pauses as Dawn and Victory continue to nod along with him.

Steve Corino: And having that responsibility means that I have the ability to make one thing crystal clear right now. If Rob Van Dam wants to take the World Title…

All three of them cringe at the thought of Van Dam being champion.

Steve Corino: If he wants to just waltz back into this company and try and steal from The Network. If he wants to try and take our crown jewel away…

Another pause as he starts looking a little meaner and a little more focused.

Steve Corino: Then he’s going to be in for the fight of his life because he is going to have to go through me!

Corino is up and moving now, slowly pacing through the locker room as Marie and Victory watch on intently.

Steve Corino: Let me put it in a way that you would understand, Rob. The Whole F’ing show is going to have to stop THE BEST PART OF THE FUCKING SHOW!!!

‘The King’ is happy with his play on words and so are Victory and Dawn, as they clap with glee.

Steve Corino: THE KING OF OLD SCHOOL!!!

Corino finally gets a confident look back on his face, no longer angry at this point in time.

Steve Corino: AND I DON’T THINK YOU HAVE IT IN YOU ANYMORE!!!

Big time smiles from the trio now as Corino lets it be known that he doesn’t respect his opponent for tomorrow night anymore.

Steve Corino: JACK…

Corino turns his gaze towards Victory.

Steve Corino: THROW UP THE V…

On command, Victory puts his arms in the air, throwing up the proverbial V.

Jack Victory: HIGH SPOT!!!

They all look to be in pretty good spirits, believing that Corino is in a position to defeat Rob Van Dam tomorrow night at Living Dangerously. As Corino signals that he needs his wrists taped one more time, Victory runs over to him and PULP FICTION is finished for another evening…

-COMMERCIAL BREAK-

The final commercial break of the evening is over and it’s now time for tonight’s massive main event. “Dope” by Debonaire hits and gets an ENORMOUS response from the fans as the ECW Champion, and the scariest man on the roster, Rhino storms towards the ring. An initial pop went out for the champion however he now gets booed, yet he gets into the ring as if he doesn’t care, rips off his title from around his waist, and paces back and forth. “The Old School Style” by Boner is the next song to play, as ‘The King Of Old School’, Steve Corino struts through the curtain. The self proclaimed ‘backbone’ of The Network seems to be in good spirits, all smiles, as he cheered adoringly by both Dawn Marie and Jack Victory. That is the only positive ovation he receives as the rest of the barbaric ECW fans give him hell, which seems to frustrate him and his friends. Once inside of the ring, Corino wearily nods at Rhino, who continues to pace as if Corino isn’t even in the ring. With the heels all ready to go, “Walk” by Kilgore damn near BLOWS THE ROOF OFF THE BUILDING as arguably the most popular man on the roster, Rob Van Dam makes his way into the arena. An automatic “RVD”, “RVD”, “RVD” chant starts, which the confident Van Dam likes, nodding along with the fans. Van Dam stops in the middle of the ramp and directs his thumbs to his shoulders to go along with the ring announce saying “ROB…VAN…DAM.” Eventually, the relaxed RVD makes it to the bottom of the ramp, slapping hands with the fans, yet he ignores the cat calls from his opponents and remains outside of the ring. The cheers are deafening throughout the arena, they just don’t stop as “Smack My Bitch Up” by The Prodigy signals the arrival of the number one contender for the ECW Championship, Yoshihiro Tajiri. Tajiri stalks towards the ring, accompanied by The Sinister Minister and both men look extremely focused ahead of tonight’s challenge. When Tajiri and RVD meet on the ramp, they share a respectful handshake, before sliding into the ring to begin the match.

Match Three
    Rhino and Steve Corino w/Dawn Marie and Jack Victory vs. Rob Van Dam and Yoshihiro Tajiri w/The Sinister Minister

Despite the volatile nature of the four men involved, this match does start off as a pretty standard tag team match. Considering they have never really teamed before, there are some teething issues for Van Dam and Tajiri, which causes them to actually have a quick team conference in their corner. To help them out, The Sinister Minister gets onto the apron and gives them some further strategy advice. It’s clear that Tajiri is all ears; however Van Dam feels a little weird about this, as RVD is normally receiving his advice from his own personal manager, Bill Alfonso. On commentary, Joey Styles and Joel Gertner talk about the fact that Bill Alfonso isn’t out here tonight because he’s recovering from a concussion after being knocked out by Jack Victory last week.

Once the action picked up again it was a pretty even match for the next minute or so, until all hell broke loose. The hatred between the four guys could not be contained, and this match got crazy really quickly. The referee is basically just in this match to count the fall, as outside of that, no rules, let alone tag specific rules were able to be upheld in this one.

With his client’s opponents not being above putting their hands on him, The Sinister Minister maintained a pretty passive role throughout, just cheering on when appropriate. On the other side of the ring, every time it seems as if Tajiri was really getting on top of Corino, or Van Dam was really getting on top of Rhino, Victory or Marie would interfere. On FOUR separate occasions one of them interfered to get Rhino and Corino the advantage, and the final time worked a treat.

Now that the heels are well and truly in control, the pairings changed and Corino began focusing on Van Dam, whilst the ECW Champion Rhino turned his attention to punishing his challenger this Sunday at Living Dangerously. Tajiri has copped a brunt of the punishment so far in this match so he’s barely moving as Rhino slowly drags him across the ring by the hair, before rolling him underneath the bottom rope and onto the apron. As Corino continues to stomp on RVD in the corner, Rhino gets onto the apron and puts Tajiri between his legs, before pointing at the time keeper’s table and yelling “THERE ISN’T GONNA’ BE A CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH TOMORROW NIGHT”! After gloating… RHINO LIFTS TAJIRI UP FOR THE PILEDRIVER OFF OF THE APRON… BUT TAJIRI FIGHTS IT... HE REFUSES TO ALLOW HIMSELF TO BE LIFTED AND MANAGES TO SHOVE RHINO AWAY FROM HIM!!!

Rhino is shocked for a moment as the fans cheer the defiance by Tajiri, and Rhino then walks into a kick to the gut… BEFORE TAJIRI GRABS HIM AND LEAPS OFF OF THE APRON AND THROUGH THE TIME KEEPER’S TABLE WITH A HUGE TORNADO DDT!!!

Both men aren’t moving as the wooden table is in shambles, whilst the fans chant “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”. The Sinister Minister immediately hurries over to attempt to check on his client, however inside of the ring, the action continues. The tide has changed as Van Dam has managed to get another couple of near falls on Corino, again only stopped because of the interference by Dawn Marie and Victory. RVD is determined though and he manages to drop Corino with a Mule Kick, before pointing towards the corner. ‘The Whole F’n Show’ looks to feeling froggy, as he heads towards the corner… WHEN JACK VICTORY GETS INTO THE RING AGAIN WITH A STEEL CHAIR… AND CHARGES AT RVD… BUT VAN DAM TURNS AND LEAPS INTO THE AIR… SENDING THE CHAIR INTO VICTORY’S FACE WITH A VAN DAMINATOR OUT OF NOWHERE!!!

The fans mark out for one of their favourite moves, as even RVD looks down at Victory, smirking, as another “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA”, “ECDUBBYA” chant breaks out. With Rhino and Tajiri still down on the outside and Dawn Marie frozen in shock, there is only one thing left for Van Dam to do now, so he turns to head towards the corner… AND TURNS STRAIGHT INTO AN OLD SCHOOL KICK FROM THE RECOVERED STEVE CORINO!!!

Boos ring throughout the arena as they realise that Van Dam is now in some serious trouble. With a determined look on his face, Corino wastes no time, dragging Van Dam up by his ponytail… BEFORE SENDING HIM CRASHING BACK TO THE CANVAS WITH THE OLD SCHOOL EXPULSION!!!

Sensing his opportunity, Corino leaps onto the cover, hooking both legs tightly…1…2…3!!!

Winners – Rhino and Steve Corino @ 17:32

Rather than heat, there is a hush that has come across the arena, as the fans seem to be in utter shock that Steve Corino has just pinned Rob Van Dam. Outside of silence, all that can be heard is the ringing of the bell and some applause from Dawn Marie on the outside of the ring.

Outside of some EMT’s and The Sinister trying to attend to them on the outside, there isn’t a lot of movement from Rhino or Tajiri after their huge table spot.

Corino has a shit eating grin on his face as he gets up, and jumps up and down in happiness. Even with his best friend Victory down on the canvas, Corino ignores him and climbs up to the top rope, letting all the fans know that “THE SAME THING IS GONNA’ HAPPEN TOMORROW NIGHT”!!!

Now that the gloating has started, the heat begins from the fans, but it doesn’t matter. Dawn Marie is in the ring now, and she slowly helps Jack Victory up, and they both applaud their hero, the victorious Steve Corino.

We get one final shot of the carnage at ringside, Van Dam down on the canvas and Steve Corino with a smile on his face, ready for Living Dangerously before we fade to black…

END OF SHOW

Current Card for ECW Living Dangerously
    March 11th, 2001
    Nashville, Tennessee

ECW World Heavyweight Championship Match:
    Rhino (c) defends against Yoshihiro Tajiri

Grudge Match:
    Rob Van Dam vs. Steve Corino

ECW Television Championship Tournament Final:
    ??? vs. ???

ECW Television Championship Tournament Semi Final:
    Jerry Lynn vs. Mikey Whipwreck

Three Way Dance Match:
    Justin Credible vs. Kid Kash vs. Super Crazy

ECW World Tag Team Championship Match:
    Three Way Dance Match:
    Danny Doring and Roadkill (c) defend against Christian York and Joey Matthews and Team Me

Eye Balls vs. Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke

Hot Commodity vs. Spike Dudley, The Sandman and Tommy Dreamer

Christopher Daniels vs. Low Ki

Main Eventer

Status

Great stuff as always Stojy.

Seemed to be a lot of people trying to prove their worth with Team Me and Hot Commodity both acting like they need to win to prove themselves.

Loved Jerry Lynn sort of explaining why he’s changed.

Poor Michael Shane got obliterated but it is awesome to see two other former TNA guys in Daniels/Low Ki get an opportunity to put on what will surely be a classic.

Back to FBI and Guido sent out a huge message to Eye Balls with his victory.

Finally the main event was eventful and Corino picks up a big pinfall victory over RVD! Although I guess this shadows RVD getting the win at Living Dangerously. Also the spot between Tahiti and Rhino was great, although might have been better saving it for LD, although I do get the reasoning behind doing it here.

Looking forward to the first post-death in reality PPV for ECW!! Keep up the great work mate.

Just give me the damn wooden spoon already!!!

Be The Booker : WWE 2012 A New Direction

Upcoming PPV

Spoiler:

Chikara Trainee

Status

i really enjoy the way you write your shows. just enough details to get a great picture but not an overbearing read that makes me not want to read the entire show. i really enjoyed Pulp Fiction, you have pretty much mastered that approach. i feel like Corino's promo was the best out of them, but i really enjoyed the reasoning behind the Lynn turn. I like that Corino went over on RVD which makes the intrigue great going into the PPV. I am looking forward to how you return EYE BALLS into ECW, b/c FBI has it coming to them. Good work sir...very good work sir.

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    Europe

Another great show bud, I think you got the balance of PPV hype and putting on an entertaining show just right.

I was disproportionately pleased to see Michael Shane turn up, just because I’m so intrigued to see what happens with this next generation of guys coming in. Turns out he’s just a jobber... but the real next generation comes up later. I do like how big a deal Eye Balls feel in this thread. I can’t say I’ve ever really given a shit about Carl Oulette or Balls Mahoney, but you have made them a real thing here. That’s exactly what ECW used to be about. Sure you had hardcore wrestling, and you had technical exhibitions and spotfests, but really ECW was about creating an environment in which anyone can be a star. That’s what you have done too.

The three way dance did its job. Not much to it, but not should there be with a PPV coming up. Keeps things ticking over nicely.

I liked you messing with Pulp Fiction just a little bit. It’s one of those things that ultimately doesn’t mean anything for the presentation, and yet somehow is infuriating. I hope you never stop taking classic parts of the ECW aesthetic and rip it up. Cyrus4Life

Daniels vs Low Ki is a great shout. Like I said above, I’ve been really excited about the next generation coming in. You can make an argument that ROH was the spiritual successor to ECW, so seeing guys like that come in is great. Low Ki would be a massive star in ECW I think. He has that badass credibility that’s get him over, while you can simultaneously hide his weaknesses. Perfect ECW guy. I hope they tear the roof off and immediately become an important part of your roster. I hope this continues as well. Samoa Joe in ECW?!

As we are coming up to the point where WCW goes out of business, I’ll be interested to hear what happens to them. Are they still going to disappear? If so, your roster could be about to get very interesting.

The tag main was good. Standard booking really. Tajiri and Rhino write themselves out with a big spot, leaving Corino, who no one really thinks has a chance of going over Van Dam, to show he’s a worthy opponent. I still don’t think this means he will win at Living Dangerously, but it makes sense to give him some shine before he jobs.

All in all, solid show, and I’m excited for Living Dangerously!

Demon Bunny

Status
      Country                    United States

Excellent show

I am looking forwarded to Living Dangerously heres to hoping Tajri walks out champion.

Corino vs. RVD Should be a classic and could be a show stealer the ending to the main event def gets me thinking that.

Daniels Fallen Angel Gimmick could work nice in ECW especially if he joins The Unholy Alliance.

Jerry Lynn promo was good though I don't know much of him to be honest like I know he's won plenty of titles

very well written matches as well as always you kill it.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Re: May BTBOTM - Extreme Championship Wrestling by Stojy

Predictions time. Show to probably come by next weekend or so, and thanks again for all of the votes for the monthly awards.

Predictions Contest

March 11th, 2001
    Nashville, Tennessee

Grudge Match:

??? vs. ???

Three Way Dance Match:

Three Way Dance Match:
    Danny Doring and Roadkill (c) defend against Christian York and Joey Matthews and Team Me

Bonus Questions

1. Predict the longest match
    2. Predict the shortest match
    3. Any surprise appearances?

Main Eventer

Status

Predictions Contest

March 11th, 2001
    Nashville, Tennessee

Grudge Match:

Super Crazy

Three Way Dance Match:

Three Way Dance Match:

Bonus Questions

1. Predict the longest match Rhino/Tajiri
    2. Predict the shortest match Lynn Whipwreck
    3. Any surprise appearances? CW Anderson perhaps. Maybe Sabu.

Kind of wondering if there will be any influx of talent once WWF purchases WCW in the next two weeks. Good luck with this, looking forward to it.

Just give me the damn wooden spoon already!!!

Be The Booker : WWE 2012 A New Direction

Upcoming PPV

Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    UK

Predictions Contest

March 11th, 2001
    Nashville, Tennessee

Grudge Match:

Jerry Lynn vs. Kid Kash

Three Way Dance Match:

Three Way Dance Match:

Bonus Questions

1. Predict the longest match Three Way Dance
    2. Predict the shortest match Lynn vs Whipwreck
    3. Any surprise appearances? CW Anderson

Chikara Trainee

Status

Grudge Match:

Jerry Lynn vs. Super Crazy

Three Way Dance Match:
    Justin Credible vs.
    Kid Kash vs. Super Crazy

Three Way Dance Match:

Bonus Questions

1. Predict the longest match? Daniels vs Low Ki
    2. Predict the shortest match? Eye Balls vs. FBI
    3. Any surprise appearances? CW Anderson

I <3 This Man

Status
      Country                    Australia

Predictions Contest

March 11th, 2001
    Nashville, Tennessee

Grudge Match:

Jerry Lynn vs. Super Crazy

Three Way Dance Match:

Three Way Dance Match:

Christopher Daniels
    vs. Low Ki

Bonus Questions

1. Predict the longest match - RVD/CORINO
    2. Predict the shortest match - LYNN/WHIPWRECK
    3. Any surprise appearances? YES (This question does not say 'If so, who?' therefore I will answer yes and take my bonus points)

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    Europe

Finally we’re at the fireworks factory! Feels like we’ve been building towards this for ages. If this show is half as good as the build that went in to it it’s going to be tough to overthrow you as BTBOTM...

Champ retains here. The build has been great and Tajiri is coming across as an absolute star, but this isn’t the culmination of the story. Tajiri comes close, but falls short.

Grudge Match:
    Rob Van Dam
    vs. Steve Corino
    Corino has been a great douchey heel, but he’s just someone to keep RVD preoccupied as he makes his way through the Network

Jerry Lynnvs. Super Crazy

Jerry Lynnvs. Mikey Whipwreck

Three Way Dance Match:
    Justin Credible vs. Kid Kash vs.Super Crazy
    Putting these three together as they obviously bleed in to one another. I think Crazy has to get to the final after beating Van Dam, and Lynn has to as the Network representative. I think Lynn wins the whole thing on the basis of “its always darkest before the dawn” theory of storytelling.

Three Way Dance Match:
    Looking at the division as it is at the moment, I think it makes most sense to switch the belts and have the few babyface teams you have doing the chasing

Eye Ballsvs. Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke
    Eye Balls are coming back after suspension and in the process have gotten way more over. I fancy them to win and then take the lead chasing the new Network-approved champs

It would take one hell of a screwjob for two of the biggest names in ECW (and Spike!) to lose to Hot Commodity...

Really, it doesn’t matter too much who wins this, but Low Ki is the more immediately stand out talent for me, and Daniels can always get his gear back through his gimmick

Bonus Questions

1. Predict the longest match - I’m going to throw a curveball and say Daniels/Low Ki are given the time to show what they can do
    2. Predict the shortest match - Expecting a quick and screwy Lynn/Whipwreck match
    3. Any surprise appearances? I’m going to go with a surprising WCW defection, either to help someone like RVD win, or to join the Network and help Jerry

Looking forward to it!

Thread Information