Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Playoffs Thread - Super Bowl 51

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

2017 NFL Playoffs Thread - Super Bowl 51

The Playoffs start this week with the regular season in the rearview (mercifully for Panthers fans in this heartbreaking season) and here we go with the first step on the road to the Super Bowl starting here.

Saturday:
    AFC:
    #4 Houston Texans (9-7) vs #5 Oakland Raiders (12-4) - 4:35 EST
    NFC:
    #3 Seattle Seahawks (10-5-1) vs #6 Detroit Lions (9-7) - 8:15 EST

Sunday:
    AFC:
    #3 Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5) vs #6 Miami Dolphins (10-6) - 1:05 EST
    NFC:
    #4 Green Bay Packers (10-6) vs #5 New York Giants (11-5) - 4:40 EST

BYES:
    AFC:
    #1 New England Patriots
    #2 Kansas City Chiefs
    NFC:
    #1 Dallas Cowboys
    #2 Atlanta Falcons

-

Love how 3 of the 4 teams in the AFC have injured or terrible QBs (though I've long thought Moore was better than Tannehill anyway) This is honestly a really lackluster opening weekend to me, can't say any of these games are lighting my world on fire. Am much more interested in the Raiders with Cook than McGloin though.

Picks:
    Raiders, Seahawks, Steelers, Packers
    Shoot Shoot Punch Punch Kick Break Your Limbs And Your Face

The soul of Billy Robinson lives on~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

Man of 1,000 Holds

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2017 NFL Playoffs Thread - Wild Card Weekend

So sick of the lack of respect for the Texans man, defense gets absolutely no love whatsoever, #1 in the league for fewest yards allowed, 2nd I believe in passing yards allowed. It's like the highlights for the Texans vs Titans game they played on the NBC Sunday night pregame and halftime show, they just kept showing that last duck pass by Brock in the end while Hopkins had 2 excellent catch and run plays they never showed. They said in those highlights how Brock played terribly but he actually played damn well, over 250 yards with 1 touchdown pass and 1 pretty tough touchdown run that almost brought us back there after trailing like 21-7 at one point. For somebody that hasn't missed a play for the Texans all year long I got to say the hate for Brock is overrated, he's struggled for sure but he's not as bad as analysts make him out to be at all, we're 9th in the NFL for dropped passes. There have actually been some moments through the season where Brock actually played really fucking well, nobody wants to see or hear about it though because it doesn't fit the narrative that they are selling. I'm actually glad he's going to start over Savage, I think Texans got a legit chance to shock the world this year, the loss to Raiders was a fucking screwjob if I've ever seen one, the loss to Tennessee in the end was a meaningless game coached like it was a preseason game with most of the key starters on the bench, no doubt about it we would have won that game if we needed to. The fucking Patriots played the easiest schedule in the NFL this year, KC lost at home to the Titans who are the inferior AFC South team, Pittsburgh had a way easier division to win in the AFC North, Texans are an 11-5 team disguised as a 9-7 team, we can make a fucking run, fuck all these bitch ass fans fuck all these analysts talking out of their ass pretending like they know something. I'm truly sick of it.

But I am gutted that Derek Carr is out. He's my favorite player that doesn't wear a Texans uniform. I truly think the Texans are the better team and we could take the Raiders head to head with everybody healthy. Now if we win I got to listen to all the bullshit excuses for another week.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-06-2017 at 08:51 PM.

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

No doubt The Texans have a Defense that can keep them in the game with the best in the league, but do you trust Savage or Brock to handle their business when it matters? I see the Texans winning versus the Raiders, who knows maybe the Raiders really come together in the wake of Carr's injury and blows your team away. Texans should win like I said before, but the party ends the following week because winner of that match-ups plays the Patriots at home. They are clicking on everything they do, with even Gronk not there they get Floyd come in and kills it. Great teams find ways to win.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    I think Texans got a legit chance to shock the world this year.
    By 'shock the world' do you mean beat the Raiders without Derek Carr? Because if you actually think they can beat the Steelers or Pats on the road then loooooooooool.

The games this week don't scream great but they have the ability to be entertaining. Really looking forward to the Pack/Giants game. Could be great.

My picks:
    Raiders over Texans (20-17)
    Seahawks over Lions (27-16)
    Steelers over Dolphins (28-17)
    Packers over Giants (24-23)

edit - Btw, my SB pick is Pats over Falcons.

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Patriots beat the Texans 27-0 earlier this year with their third string quarterback so I can't say I like their chances at getting revenge against Brady. Also, the media isn't selling that Brock Osweiler sucks, it's obvious to anyone that's watched film of the guy. Then again, I suppose if a completion percentage under 60 and a rating of 72.2 are signs that he played "really fucking well" then I guess you may be on to something.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five MCU Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status

Yeah, I appreciate team loyalty and all but let's just say I'm not putting a huge bet on them if they win. And IF they win. Actually agree with all 4 of Peepshow's picks.

I'm going with Steelers & Packers in the SB.
    Shoot Shoot Punch Punch Kick Break Your Limbs And Your Face

The soul of Billy Robinson lives on~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

Beer Lives Matter

Status

I believe the Raiders-Texans game will be low-scoring. The Texans wasted a lot of money on Osweiler, he can barely put up points in his first year in Houston. And the Raiders are without Carr for the seasoon.

If I have to pick one of them to win, I have to go with Raiders winning by a field goal, 16-13.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Aside from Packers-Giants, it really feels like a shit wild card weekend.

Man of 1,000 Holds

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Patriots beat the Texans 27-0 earlier this year with their third string quarterback so I can't say I like their chances at getting revenge against Brady. Also, the media isn't selling that Brock Osweiler sucks, it's obvious to anyone that's watched film of the guy. Then again, I suppose if a completion percentage under 60 and a rating of 72.2 are signs that he played "really fucking well" then I guess you may be on to something.
    They beat us earlier in the year with 2 rookie receivers a brand new quarterback and a brand new running back all in only their 4th game with the team, a defense that hadn't quite come together yet with JJ Watt playing hurt. I think things could go differently in a rematch next week.

I'm not denying Brock had major problems this year, he deserved to be benched in the Jaguars game but I think it did him some good. You misread my post I think, I didn't say he played really fucking well as far as an overall season performance(the stats you are mentioning), I'm saying he had moments where he played really fucking well, we did win 7 games with him, he didn't win the games for us but he didn't lose them either, some of the throws he made in this highlight video were examples of moments where he played really fucking well, I'd say he played really fucking well with that throw against Indy that put it into overtime, the game where we came back from 14 point deficit in the final 3 minutes. He also played really fucking well in the game last week against the Titans, despite what the media was selling, so maybe being benched did him some good.

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    By 'shock the world' do you mean beat the Raiders without Derek Carr? Because if you actually think they can beat the Steelers or Pats on the road then loooooooooool.
    Howwouldthatbeshockingtheworldandwhydoesn'tspacebarworksometimesonyall'sforum?

Beer Lives Matter

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    I believe the Raiders-Texans game will be low-scoring. The Texans wasted a lot of money on Osweiler, he can barely put up points in his first year in Houston. And the Raiders are without Carr for the season.

If I have to pick one of them to win, I have to go with Raiders winning by a field goal, 16-13.
    Damn, got that one incorrect. :/

It sucks that the Raiders' hopeful season has come to an end. I was hoping that they can go deep in the playoffs, but without Carr, it's basically the same Raiders team as they were before. I hope they get back in it next season.

Man of 1,000 Holds

Status

Anyone who legit thought the Raiders would come down here and beat this defense with QB3 hasn't been paying much attention to the Texans this year. They didn't have all their starters in? Well guess what, neither did we, no Watt, no Newton, no Martin, WR 3 and WR 4 on IR, we still would've smoked them with all their starters, I just watched the tape of the MNF game in Mexico 2 nights ago there was no way Oakland was going to win this game, they shouldn't have won the last one. We would have kicked anyone's asses with this defense fired up like that tonight, Chiefs, Broncos, anybody would've came down here and got their ass kicked tonight. Brock didn't light the world on fire but that's 2 weeks in a row he's shown some improvement. Watch out for this team. We didn't get a pussy ass schedule like the Patriots did this year, we didn't play in a pussy ass division like the Steelers did this year, we damn sure didn't get our ass whooped by the Titans in our own house like the Chiefs did this year. Watch out for this fucking team.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-07-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Anyone who legit thought the Raiders would come down here and beat this defense with QB3 hasn't been paying much attention to the Texans this year.
    They could have assumed your QB would self destruct like he's done before this year and throw the game away. Not taking anything away from the Texans play today mind you, Osweiler in particular looked good and the D is definitely for real, but good against the demoralized Raiders does not mean all that much. As a fan, you've got to be pretty happy about the poetic justice in some of those fucked up penalties on Oakland though, if they'd messed up a few ball spots it would have really been redemption for the shoddy officiating in the Mexico game.

On the bright side, with the D looking as dominant as it did, maybe we'll get lucky and get a Patriots -6 line to jump all over next weekend.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Pain does not lie

Status

They could have assumed your QB would self destruct like he's done before this year and throw the game away. Not taking anything away from the Texans play today mind you, Osweiler in particular looked good and the D is definitely for real, but good against the demoralized Raiders does not mean all that much. As a fan, you've got to be pretty happy about the poetic justice in some of those fucked up penalties on Oakland though, if they'd messed up a few ball spots it would have really been redemption for the shoddy officiating in the Mexico game.

On the bright side, with the D looking as dominant as it did, maybe we'll get lucky and get a Patriots -6 line to jump all over next weekend.
    It should be higher just most of the time the Home team especially the Patriots get a high line so I wouldn't be shocked to see it at 10 or close to it by game's start. Congrats to The Texans winning today, you're going to need that D play lights out to beat Brady at home, and I don't see you guys stopping them consistently to win the game. Should be a interesting game though.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

The Pats are going to curbstomp that team into oblivion.

I'd take anything less than -17 personally.

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Pain does not lie

Status

^Lol Peep'

Seahawks now up 10-0 over the Lions. Hey Lions anytime you feel like playing just go ahead and try please.

Real Women of Genius

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    It should be higher just most of the time the Home team especially the Patriots get a high line so I wouldn't be shocked to see it at 10 or close to it by game's start.
    Hence why I said we might get lucky. I'm sure it'll be more like -13.5 but even that seems like a relatively safe number to me. Don't know if I'd go all the way to -17 but then again it's not like I have much faith in Osweiler tossing a back door cover at Foxboro.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Beer Lives Matter

Status

The Texans' defense will have a tough time against the Patriots, cause Brady is playing with fire in his eyes. I say the Patriots will win by 13 points.

Pain does not lie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Doom View Post
    The Texans' defense will have a tough time against the Patriots, cause Brady is playing with fire in his eyes. I say the Patriots will win by 13 points.
    Brady wants Roger Goodell there if the Patriots win the SB, so he can smile in his face and headbutt him like plenty of us want to do over that suspension he was given

Real Women of Genius

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Hence why I said we might get lucky. I'm sure it'll be more like -13.5 but even that seems like a relatively safe number to me. Don't know if I'd go all the way to -17 but then again it's not like I have much faith in Osweiler tossing a back door cover at Foxboro.
    -13.5 is rough. I would probably bet my house on -6 though.

stressed but chillin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    Brady wants Roger Goodell there if the Patriots win the SB, so he can smile in his face and headbutt him like plenty of us want to do over that suspension he was given
    And ruin Brady's gorgeous face? Are you mad?

Going into today I'm a bit more intrigued than I should be in the Dolphins/Steelers game than I should be. It would be a bit entertaining to see Matt Moore and Jay Ajayi pull an upset, but I doubt they're overcoming this Steelers team even if Rapistburger has another shaky game.
    Last edited by CaptainC; 01-08-2017 at 09:43 AM.

Spoiler:

Thread Information