Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 NFL Playoffs Thread - Super Bowl 51

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: 2017 NFL Playoffs Thread - Wild Card Weekend

Anyone watching The Giants/Packers game? I know Silk and Booty are, Nelson still on the Bench maybe Broken Ribs? Giants Defense playing lights out so far against The Packers Offense, and if Nelson can't go back in, the it's going to be even harder for them. Honestly The Giants Offense should be up 14-0, but lucky The Packers Defense are coming to play so far.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

stressed but chillin

Status

Jesus. What a touchdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainC View Post
    Jesus. What a touchdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Literally just said the same thing about the second one.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five MCU Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One
    But even I went too far when I said my character didn't have a penis

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status
      Country                    United States

They should just rename the Hail Mary to The Aaron Rodgers.

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. Im trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

You know, I had resolved in my head many moons ago that the Hail Mary, much like the half-court buzzer beater, is more luck than it is skill, but between Godgers and Curry, I'm beginning to think I was very wrong.

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

I think it's time to bring this one back...

http://manningface.com/

-----------------

Pain does not lie

Status

It really was a tail of two halfs really, yeah that Hail Mary was awesome, but The Packers really unleashed their fury in the second half. Rodgers is money he made it look easy when it mattered, and I can honestly see Green Bay beating The Cowboys next week. Hopefully Nelson can play, but if Cobb is tearing it up like he was, they'll be fine.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Man of 1,000 Holds

Status

Watching my tape of the Texans vs Patriots game from week 4 now, up to the first half just about. Man we were hanging right there with them until the end of the first quarter when NE finally put together a drive. We held them to a field goal but then fumbled the very next kickoff, defense then gave up a 27 yard TD run just a few plays later. Lamar Miller was running surprisingly well there early even though we didn't have Duane Brown in there, he had a few 5-6 yard runs and even a 9 yarder there earlier on. Was moving the chains there early in the 2nd quarter until illegal formation penalty set up 1st and 15, the very next play is Brock's first interception of the game. Defense gets it back. Brissett's speed was a problem for this defense, dude was actually pretty damn fast here. Texans get the ball back and it's a 7 yard throw to Miller, then later that same drive a 10 yard run, he's been really good in the first half of this game. Defense played better than I remembered, Blount only had like 11 yards rushing up to this point. You could see JJ Watt was playing in pain.

Wow, Blount really gets going there in the Pats first drive of the second half, he takes them down the field but we held them to a field goal, 13-0. Then we fumbled the very next kickoff return. Pats make the most of it and carry Blount into the end zone, 20-0. Patriots ate up the whole first 10 minutes of the third quarter without Texans offense even touching the field. Texans abandon running game from this point on and Brock lays an egg as Texans have no answer for blitz. They go for it on 4th down and don't get it, giving up field position. Blount runs in a 41 yarder to put it up 27-0. Nothing happens for the rest of the game.

From what I've seen from rewatching this game, seeing the way these Texans have improved on defense in the absence of Watt, I absolutely think the Texans can pull off a major upset in this rematch. I really liked what I seen of Lamar Miller here and our best o-lineman wasn't even in the game, he was breaking some 8-9-10 yard runs, catching balls, had a nice 15 yard run there late. Texans abandoned the running game after giving up that second fumble, they only ran the ball like 5 times in the second half and Patriots put the heat on Brock. Texans offense at this point had only played 3 regular season games together for this team, a lot has changed since this game. I think we can take them for sure.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiMusashi View Post
    Watching my tape of the Texans vs Patriots game from week 4 now, up to the first half just about. Man we were hanging right there with them until the end of the first quarter when NE finally put together a drive.
    Damn, if not for the other 45 minutes, you guys really might have had those bastards.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Man of 1,000 Holds

Status

They were given 2 touchdowns on fumbled kickoffs, took a huge lead quick that forced us to play a 1 dimensional gameplan that gave them additional field position in the second half(constantly throwing the ball, going for it on 4th down and not getting it). From what I've seen I think we can handle Blount and put some heat on Brady and I think Miller can run the ball against that defense now that we have Duane Brown in there playing at a high level, Miller ran for 80 yards without Brown and Texans only ran the ball 5 times in second half. I just think this game could play out a little bit differently.

I think 2 key guys that did not play in that game are going to make a big difference in this one: Duane Brown and Brian Cushing. All I'm saying is don't sleep on the Texans. This is going to be huge for us, they got a chance to really do something special here.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-08-2017 at 11:32 PM.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

There's nothing the Texans CAN'T do.

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

Damn son, I don't think even Snoop Dog has had a taste of the stuff you're smoking.

-----------------

Man of 1,000 Holds

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    Damn son, I don't think even Snoop Dog has had a taste of the stuff you're smoking.
    I need you to get me a sack of what you are smoking bro, picking the Raiders to come down here with QB3 and beat #1 defense in his debut. Brock could have thrown 4 interceptions we still would have won last night.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

The line is 16 on the Texans/Patriots game right now, lol.

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

I'd still take it. If it goes up any more I'd be a bit weary, but that still seems somewhat safe.

-----------------

Man of 1,000 Holds

Status

What does that really mean? I'm not being salty I'm just genuinely curious, I don't know anything about lines and gambling stuff. What does "The line is 16" mean, is that good or bad? Normal? Does that mean the Texans are like a historically big underdog? Peepshow what would you be worried about and what do you mean about "safe"? It's like the movie marathon man with the dentist, "is it safe?", what is he talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP-Nlb549J8
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-09-2017 at 12:20 AM.

Heel Champion

Status

So you hung in there with the Brady-less Patriots for a Quarter. A quarter. They started JACOBY BRISSET and hung 27 on your defense. You can try but there's no defending that. As for your offense, Osweiller has managed to Hopkins a complete non-factor in games, The Patriots put 8 in the box and your offense isn't doing shit.

Man of 1,000 Holds

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sayer View Post
    So you hung in there with the Brady-less Patriots for a Quarter. A quarter. They started JACOBY BRISSET and hung 27 on your defense. You can try but there's no defending that. As for your offense, Osweiller has managed to Hopkins a complete non-factor in games, The Patriots put 8 in the box and your offense isn't doing shit.
    I don't know if you made it past the first sentence of that post but I'm not really defending them for that performance or really putting much stock into that first quarter, but yes there were some things in that game and some circumstances surrounding that game that made me think we got a way better chance than people are giving us in the rematch.

And really if you want to be technical about it we held them to just 10-0 lead at halftime, Blount had like 11 yards in the first half so we were kinda hanging with them throughout the first half with all new offense and without 2 of our key players, the bedrock of the offensive line Duane Brown and the quarterback of the defense Brian Cushing. That second fumble early in the second half was the backbreaker that opened up the floodgates, it's like they laid down after that.

The Patriots put 8 in the box and your offense isn't doing shit.
    Miller had 80 yards rushing without Duane Brown in the first game, 80 yards ain't setting the world on fire but it's not quite "isn't doing shit". Duane Brown owned Khalil Mack whenever they went head to head last night.
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-09-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Pain does not lie

Status

Belichick's teams over the years have always taken away teams best Weapon and make them find other ways to win the game. If Hopkins is put outta the game with great Defense, who's gonna step up for that team and really dominate?

Real Women of Genius

Man of 1,000 Holds

Status

He did a pretty great job of eliminating both Hopkins and Will Fuller from that first game. Like I said Miller had 80 yards rushing on 21 carries in the first game without our best offensive lineman, that's 3.8 yards per carry they gave up the running game after falling behind to the kickoff fumbles converted to touchdowns by NE, they only ran the ball 5-6 times in the second half. Lamar Miller, Alfred Blue, CJ Feidorowicz will have to step up and Akeem Hunt is another guy that really came on strong there in the second half of the season, had a huge catch and run against Cincy that helped us win that game and has been playing huge on special teams since they called him back up on practice squad.

Just seen that the 16 point underdogs is like 4th for biggest underdogs in playoff history, behind Chargers vs 49ers in 94 Super Bowl, Jets in Super Bowl III, I can't remember the 3rd one(edit: Cardinals vs Vikings in 98 playoffs was #3). Wow, this is crazy, goes to show you how little respect this team gets and how little these experts know about them. Unbelievable. If I were ya'll I'd put money on Houston. You are going to get paid. Just listen to me!
    Last edited by ShinobiMusashi; 01-09-2017 at 01:23 AM.

Thread Information