Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Real Women of Genius

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Real Women of Genius

Here's the thing about TJPW - it's very much like a Joshi DDT. But it's also really similar to promotions like Stardom and Ice Ribbon in terms of characters and matches. You're going to find that there's a drop in quality of workrate in favour of character work for most. So if you enjoy comedy promotions with some serious stuff mixed in then TJPW is for you. It's kinda fun tbh. Only way I can describe it. As I said, it's like DDT where the comedy can make up for the lack of consistency up and down the card. But even still, DDT has some solid workrate at times.

I don't think Saiki and Yamashita had ever faced for the belt before this match. I can't remember though. The match shown in the pre match package is Syoko Nakajima vs Miyu Yamashita.

The good thing about this match is that I think it pits two good prospects together. I really think Saiki and Miyu have a high ceiling and both can really carry TJPW forward. Yamashita is likely going to be the Ace though because Saiki isn't properly signed to TJPW I don't think.

This was a really solid match. I liked the start and the transition into Saiki working the injured leg of Miyu. Really good selling helped too. I feel like Reika should have kept control for longer to build into a proper Miyu comeback. Trading kicks spot was fun. The match isn't super complex or technical but it's a decent watch imo. Especially the ending stretch. They're both still figuring things out but it's solid stuff. Ending was nasty.

Maki Ito vs Danshoku Dino from the same show is a lot of fun It's good to compare to this match as you can see how there's a variety in match style.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Here's the thing about TJPW - it's very much like a Joshi DDT. But it's also really similar to promotions like Stardom and Ice Ribbon in terms of characters and matches. You're going to find that there's a drop in quality of workrate in favour of character work for most. So if you enjoy comedy promotions with some serious stuff mixed in then TJPW is for you. It's kinda fun tbh. Only way I can describe it. As I said, it's like DDT where the comedy can make up for the lack of consistency up and down the card. But even still, DDT has some solid workrate at times.

I don't think Saiki and Yamashita had ever faced for the belt before this match. I can't remember though. The match shown in the pre match package is Syoko Nakajima vs Miyu Yamashita.

The good thing about this match is that I think it pits two good prospects together. I really think Saiki and Miyu have a high ceiling and both can really carry TJPW forward. Yamashita is likely going to be the Ace though because Saiki isn't properly signed to TJPW I don't think.

This was a really solid match. I liked the start and the transition into Saiki working the injured leg of Miyu. Really good selling helped too. I feel like Reika should have kept control for longer to build into a proper Miyu comeback. Trading kicks spot was fun. The match isn't super complex or technical but it's a decent watch imo. Especially the ending stretch. They're both still figuring things out but it's solid stuff. Ending was nasty.

Maki Ito vs Danshoku Dino from the same show is a lot of fun It's good to compare to this match as you can see how there's a variety in match style.
    Nice insight there Shake. Yeah I'm glad you replied because I have their shows back going to a few months ago ready to watch and with the Real Hero Drive ending soon I need to keep all the Puro I can just for the memories. Shake question outside of Saiki and Miyu what about the other ladies on the roster?

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

It's hard to say just one name because I enjoy alot of the roster. I don't really have stand out favourites. I really like Azusa Christie, Saki-sama, Maho Kurone, Maki Ito, Yuka Sakazaki, Mizuki, Marika Kobashi and Rika Tatsumi. As I said, I like alot of the roster. I don't really like Yuna Manase or Nonoko... but you might find them funny. There's alot to like about TJPW up and down the card.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Reika Saiki vs Miyu Yamashita was a good match I thought. Didn't blow me away but it was solid enough. I'll also say you should watch the Shoko Nakajima & Yuka Sakazaki vs Azusa Christie & Saki-sama from the 03/02 TJP show. That's decent as well.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    It's hard to say just one name because I enjoy alot of the roster. I don't really have stand out favourites. I really like Azusa Christie, Saki-sama, Maho Kurone, Maki Ito, Yuka Sakazaki, Mizuki, Marika Kobashi and Rika Tatsumi. As I said, I like alot of the roster. I don't really like Yuna Manase or Nonoko... but you might find them funny. There's alot to like about TJPW up and down the card.
    Yeah I heard about Maho Kurone. She that Zombie type of character right, that tends to let's say feast and scare children

Arisa Nakajima vs Misaki Ohata[SEAdLINNNG 1/14/18]
    -So I heard from friends on Twitter that this Match was easily the best of the show which I have ready to watch, but I thought why tease myself and just watch the Match like right now right? Some people might remember Avid Rival and Best Friends had one of the best feuds of 2017 and it's great how they wrapped that leading to this Match between two top flight talents in Women Wrestling. Now from what I've seen in January alot of the best Matches I saw were multiple tag Matches, but this Match could be the best singles Match of January. It's certainly is one of the best Matches in 2018 and yeah the year just started, but I'm confident in saying I'm going to remember this Match going forward. I like how it's well paced and a great combination of pure Wrestling, while giving you the brawling sprinkled in there like Salt. I could legit watch these two ladies wrestle all day, and the feud isn't over because they have this coming!!

Best Friends vs Ohata/Matsumoto!!

Sometimes you ask yourself when watching Wrestling, did they accomplish everything they needed to get done in the amount of time they had? I would yep, the time is perfectly done and it leaves you wanting more. Ohata and Nakajima are so good and smart in their approach in this Match, to not give you the Desert rather the first course of a Meal. Wait till that Tag Team Match, it's going to be a slobber knocker in the words of Jim Ross.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Reika Saiki vs Miyu Yamashita was a good match I thought. Didn't blow me away but it was solid enough. I'll also say you should watch the Shoko Nakajima & Yuka Sakazaki vs Azusa Christie & Saki-sama from the 03/02 TJP show. That's decent as well.
    Yeah there's unlikely to be anything on a TJPW show that will blow you away but it's good fun. TJPW is basically the same sort of fed as Stardom and Ice Ribbon. Super kawaii happy go lucky gimmicks meant to make the wrestling fun. Not surprising when the dude running TJPW is Tetsuya Koda and he used to control Ice Ribbon.

Haven't seen the tag match you mentioned but all involved are fun. Saki-sama really needs to put on weight though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post

Yeah I heard about Maho Kurone. She that Zombie type of character right, that tends to let's say feast and scare children

Arisa Nakajima vs Misaki Ohata[SEAdLINNNG 1/14/18]
    -So I heard from friends on Twitter that this Match was easily the best of the show which I have ready to watch, but I thought why tease myself and just watch the Match like right now right? Some people might remember Avid Rival and Best Friends had one of the best feuds of 2017 and it's great how they wrapped that leading to this Match between two top flight talents in Women Wrestling. Now from what I've seen in January alot of the best Matches I saw were multiple tag Matches, but this Match could be the best singles Match of January. It's certainly is one of the best Matches in 2018 and yeah the year just started, but I'm confident in saying I'm going to remember this Match going forward. I like how it's well paced and a great combination of pure Wrestling, while giving you the brawling sprinkled in there like Salt. I could legit watch these two ladies wrestle all day, and the feud isn't over because they have this coming!!

Best Friends vs Ohata/Matsumoto!!

Sometimes you ask yourself when watching Wrestling, did they accomplish everything they needed to get done in the amount of time they had? I would yep, the time is perfectly done and it leaves you wanting more. Ohata and Nakajima are so good and smart in their approach in this Match, to not give you the Desert rather the first course of a Meal. Wait till that Tag Team Match, it's going to be a slobber knocker in the words of Jim Ross.
    Yeah Maho is the zombie girl. Really love her.

I already gave my thoughts on Nakajima vs Ohata in the Rec'd matches of 2018 thread. It was good fun but could've been given slightly more time. That tag match should be fun... I wonder if this might mean a future Tsukka vs Hiroyo match down the line. Can't wait for Nakajima vs Ohata II in WAVE. It'd be amazing if Arisa won the belt...

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Tsukka vs Hiroyo, I mean I dream about alot of naughty things Shake, but this is one I want to see happen for sure.

Real Women of Genius

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Rosemary[Courtney Rush] vs Cherry Bomb[Allie]
    "SNIP"
    "SNIP"

It all started when Cherry Bomb who I know her as in Wrestling, but in other circles she is called Allie in Impact decided to cut Courtney Rush's[Rosemary] Hair during a Tag Team Match in Smash Wrestling. Allie wanted to make Rosemary more appealing to the world and company, and it became the biggest mistake she could of made awakening the Demon inside Rosemary that had been hidden inside. Rosemary wouldn't leave for the Shadow Realm rather she started to haunt Allie everywhere she went, to the point Allie who wasn't medically clear at the time wanting to face her right then and now then wait anymore to face Rosemary. I gotta say watching this package alone I was really fucking into this Match, the two ladies are total opposites and it made for a great feud for Smash Wrestling. Rosemary day one has always been a talent I really loved, she's in my top ten if I had to give one with a Gun to my Head, and it's not just for her work in the ring, but her abilities as a performer when in the ring or talking. The way she talks, looks at her opponents she's pretty scary. I always thought if WWE would pick her up she would be like Nikki Cross that unique character that would get over fast with the audience, because she is a element that WWE doesn't have right now. As for Allie aka Cherry Bomb she easily one of the best Women Wrestlers in the game right now, and honestly seeing her act like the bitchy, Valley Girl Queen has me wanting to see these two face other in Impact Wrestling in the future. They are holding out on that with Taya return and feuding with Rosemary, Allie might have to wait on that unless Impact has a plan for her going forward as well.

For all the antics from both ladies, it led to the Smash Wrestling Show Any Given Sunday 4 on March 20th, 2016 where it would take place for these two ladies would face other in a Wrestling Match since the cutting of Rosemary's hair 7 months prior. The Match starts out a little slow for sure but it picked and boy did they go for it early when Allie gets suplexed on that Gym floor by Rosemary with a Thud. People don't understand you can destroy your Tailbone and you'll never be able to sit in a Chair the right way the rest of your life. These two ladies are in good company when it comes to Main Events for the Show over the years, they say it on the Commentary that they had Matches like Gargano/Owens, Hero/Styles as past Main Events for the Show for these two ladies being there in the same spot, meant they were going to be true stars outta Smash Wrestling which both of them are today. For all Offense Cherry Bomb did on Rosemary, she didn't get it that she is facing a Monster that won't do down in the same way like her former Rush self. I left this Match feeling upset, because the Match was really picking up and it ended in a DQ. I think a major positive in this Match is seeing Cherry Bomb unleashing that inner Demon of her own in wanting to end Rosemary's life. This might be a teaser of a Match, but still a quality Match. I heard later these two would have a Cage Match together later that year, boy I really want to see a Cage Match with ladies done in the right. A few years ago Rosemary and Jade had one hell of a Cage Match in TNA, over the Knockouts title I wonder if the Match was on same par of entertainment.

Real Women of Genius

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Io Shirai vs Meiko Satomura[4/26/14]
    -First of all thank you Joshicity for uploading this Match on your Youtube Account. I've seen all of Meiko vs Io's Matches together especially their recent one with Sendai Girls, but when I saw the date of this Match I had to check it out. I do remember alot of Meiko and Io's Matches together have always started off slow, more so a feeling out process and then after a few minutes you would get a section were both were trying to lock in Submission. After both would get through all this, it was game time and when these two hit that second and third gear it's amazing to watch them work. Their is a moment where Meiko has Io in a STF Submission and the people are chanting Io over and over and you see Meiko smirking and pissed at let's say her fans wanting to see the intruder of Shirai beat her in their Match together. Oh that didn't sit well with Meiko and she let her know it with her kicks moments later, but by this point neither lady was going to take a backseat to the other.

The fans would continue to decide who they wanted more to win, as these two ladies kept killing it for nothing but pride. Damn this Match was a goodie.
    Last edited by Sadio HoHo; 05-10-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Akira Hokuto vs Shinobu Kandori[4/2/1993]

Sunday boys and girls and it's been past the time for a update and I'm bring you two great..and I DO MEAN GREAT Matches with Hokuto and Kandori from 1993. I never seen before going into these Matches Kandori fight, but I can see how much I love in Meiko in her style in Kandori. Kandori's face could burn melt, you're not going to intimidate this lady, she'll punch you in the mouth and knock out all your teeth and put them in a Paper Bag and send you on your way. Early on Akira wanted to use that same tactic and mere seconds later Akira is screaming on the outside because Shinobu put her in a world of hurt on her Arm. I don't know if it was a legit injury, or her really selling it like a Champ because the fans took it as I did, and it was that Akira was really hurt. These Matches are extremely physical, you won't see that type of style outside of Kairi and Asuka in the WWE to be honest and I say Kairi because alot of people see her pretty face and bubbly attitude and haven't seen that evil to her like I have.

You aren't going to see a girl wallop another girl in a Match and not complain about it. Their alot of crazy spots in this Match especially early with Shinobu Tombstoning Akira on top of a Table is that LADY NUTS OR WHAT!? I'm not going to call either of these ladies nuts unless I'm a State away and due to the Tombstone Akira is busted open! It's a scary sight when you watch this Match, it's pouring down her face and I've seen victims in Car Accidents who had better injuries than the way Akira looks as the Match goes on. It wasn't too long after, with Akira pissed at her opponent to where opens up Shinobu and now both ladies are bloody in this Match and aren't even second gear yet! I like how even these ladies were both hurt and bloody they went back to the injuries each other had especially Shinobu who when she puts in Submissions they are scary to look at. She puts them in so deep obviously I bet her MMA background she could legit snap limbs if she wanted to, but you believe she was really hurting Akira when she locked in a Submission.

The blood lost started to tear apart the energy of both ladies especially Akira who at one point after getting to the ropes in a deep Sleeper from Shinobu, she is slapped on her back by the Referee to make sure she is still in this world mentally. The last 5 minutes of this Match had my heart pumping wondering who in the hell was going to win this, and were their going to be a winner because both seemed like they left a piece of themselves in that Ring after the Match. I can't believe that last punch was the final blow to beat Kandori, but you look at what happened it made sense that a surprise shot could of easily of beaten the other day, if the tables were turned. The rivalry with LLPW vs AJPW continues!

Akira Hokuto vs Shinobu Kandori[12/6/1993]

REMATCH TIME..HOW ARE THE KIDS

WHAM this Match started where their last Single's Match left off with them trying to murder the other. I read that Akira after winning over Shinobu, she would later lose a Tag Team with this same opponent on the other side leading to this Match with these two greats. You know what's crazy is that the blood from these two happened way later in their Singles Match in the past, but in this one these two go for a Knockout blow and that happens a minute into the Match and you see it when Akira is bleeding from the mouth I THINK I'M GOING TO BE SICK! I love it theirs a moment early on when Shinobu gets the Armbar in and she let's go of it and tells Akira no...no I know you're going to get out of it, I'm going it when you are tired and bloody and then I'm going to punish you!

If I had to say what changed between these two ladies since their last Match, I would say Shinobu got more arrogant as a Wrestler. You see it first hand when she kicking Akira across the head repeatedly, something Jericho still loves to do to this day during his Matches. Both of these recklessness got worst it seems and as the Match continues you see these ladies taking straight shots from the other and somehow standing up asking for moment. I don't know if it will get to others who ever watch this Match, but theirs a moment where the Camera pans to friends of Akira from AJPW who are scared for her and are in tears seeing what is happening to her..THAT'S HOW REAL IT GOT! You see the Camera pan back let's say a few seconds later and Akira is down and you see those same friends standing up NOT WANTING TO SEE SHINOBU END HER AND SHE GETS IN THE UPPERCUT AND THANK GOODNESS IT'S DONE! I thought Shinobu wanting to continue her assault on Akira, but all she wanted is the win what she wanted in the end and she got it over Akira this night. Does anyone know what Akira said after the Match it almost felt like she said I'm retiring, but whatever it was that she said it was serious enough to have Akira's felt run over as she was leaving the ring!

Real Women of Genius

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Hiroyo Matsumoto vs Meiko Satomura vs Io Shirai[Fortune Dream 5, 6/11/18]

-Three of the best Women Wrestlers in the fucking game right now going at it at the most recent Fortune Dream show. I haven't seen this Match till today so it's fresh in my mind as I'm writing up my thoughts on the Match. One of the things I remember that caught my eye early one is Mio Shirai, Io's big Sister being the Referee for this Match. You know Mio has to be proud of her younger sister, I never seen any of Mio's work but if Mio is half as good as Io then damn those two ladies have great genes.

I'm not gonna post anymore on the Match, just watch it people. It's lonely in this Cave when no one wants to get involved in a Project you are doing

Real Women of Genius

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Watched this back few months ago. This was a very well worked triple threat match with a good enough ending. they did pull off some tremendous work in the match. Io pulled off this nutty spot where she did a springboard double foot stomp on Meiko Satomura who was on Hiroyo’s knees. Just a tip of the iceberg. Loads of spots, both single and double team moves, that looked great and never felt forced or planned. Probably just missed MOTYC level for me but an enjoyable match nonetheless..
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Watched this back few months ago. This was a very well worked triple threat match with a good enough ending. they did pull off some tremendous work in the match. Io pulled off this nutty spot where she did a springboard double foot stomp on Meiko Satomura who was on Hiroyo’s knees. Just a tip of the iceberg. Loads of spots, both single and double team moves, that looked great and never felt forced or planned. Probably just missed MOTYC level for me but an enjoyable match nonetheless..
    Thanks for commenting MC 16, something I see rare of when it comes to my Threads. I can't wait to see Io vs Meiko in the Mae Young Classic 2 because it always seems when they wrestle, the Matches feels different and unique. Earlier today I watched the Sendai Girls Show from 4/19 which had three good to great Matches in Hana Kimura/Mika Iwata nearly knocking each other out, Io and Meiko going to a draw again in a good Match, and Ayako Hamada vs Chihiro Hashimoto being a good battle to end the Show. Recommend it to any fans of Joshi or Women's Wrestling in general.

Real Women of Genius

Sangre por Sangre

Status

AJW Wrestlemarinepiad I - The Day the Music Died[6/05/1989]

Did someone say BATTLEBOWL!? I looked for the cast of Wrestlers who is involved in this, and for the life of me with all those ladies I can't see who's who outside of a young Bull and Aja merking girls in there. I also find it weird Pinfalls being allowed in a Battle Royal of this kind takes me back when I used to allow KO's and Pinfalls in WWF No Mercy for N64. I know one thing I might need to find the rest of these Matches because we have Matches from this Show like

Manami Toyota & Mima Shimoda vs. Etsuko Mita & Toshiyo Yamada
    Akira Hokuto & Mitsuko Nishiwaki vs. The Crush Gals (Chigusa Nagayo & Lioness Asuka)
    Chigusa Nagayo vs. Bull Nakano, Itsuki Yamazaki, Lioness Asuka, Noriyo Tateno, Suzuka Minami, Yumiko Hotta & Yumi Ogura
    Lioness Asuka (c) vs. Madusa Miceli

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information