Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Women of Genius

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Real Women of Genius

Arisa Nakajima & Kana vs Command Bolshoi & Kyoko Kimura [3/2/14]

I guess the feud with Nakajima/Kana made them stronger as a friendship as we see Bolshoi who I know nothing about with Kyoko Kimura who I know loads about after seeing her in Stardom. Damn as I looked at Kyoko it's only been three years since then, and made she looks totally different. Still a evil bitch, but the way she looks if someone told me that was her I wouldn't believe you. Plenty of talent rocks the Weed symbol on their outfit I'm I right lol. Is it me or does Bolshoi have the worst mask in the history of Wrestling? I mean it looks to be a mix of a Clown with a Ebessan look to it. PWG number one hehe, anyways the tag match was okay both teams got their stuff in, but nothing super special. I wonder did Kyoko Kimura and Kana ever face each other one on one? Since Shake has never seen Nakano/Madusa matches I thought next time around I going through their matches in the WWE and in Japan.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Alundra Blayze vs. Bull Nakano [Summerslam 1994]

Some people forget the rivalry that started with Blayze and Nakano, it stemmed from the heated rivalry with Luna Vachon. After Vince McMahon brought back the Women's Championship in 1993, Vince was going to make Madusa the star of the division and she was determined to wrestle the best of the best Women Wrestlers in the world or at least Vince could bring in. After Luna would become a Manager wanting every day of take away Blayze's title, she found a talent good enough to make her dream happened. Cue in Bull Nakano and she would get her first title opportunity versus Blayze at Summerslam 1994. Wrestling is about telling stories inside the ring and Bull and Alundra told some great stories not just in this match, but their rivalry as a whole.

Up to this point in Wrestling, the ladies Matches were the Bathroom break for audiences, but this night woke up Vince to show that times were changing. This match was shoot, but sweet and I can only imagine if this match was done these days it would of been 20 mins at least with these two top talents. I remember watching this match live in 94, and I was in shock at the sight of The Scorpion Crosslock during this match. Before Paige made it apart of her movement, Nakano used it as the ultimate Submission. I mean how do you get outta the move, unless the person let's it go? You can crawl all you want, but the person doing the hold is in full control. They can pull you back whenever they want yeah truly a scary hold to be in. Bull came off really damn strong in this match, she might of not of won the match, she took Blayze to her highest limits up to that point. Blayze found out that night the road to hold the Women's Championship just got harder. Next Blayze vs Nakano 2 from Japan in 1994 during their Big Egg Wrestling Universe Event.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Alundra Blayze vs Bull Nakano[11-20-1994 from AJW in the Big Egg Dome]

I know WWE had a good relationship at that time with having talent wrestle in Japan here and there, but I don't know how they booked this WWE Women's Title match in Japan and not save it later for a WWE PPV. I mean first of all big ups to AJW doing the big entrance for Madusa with the Motorcycles. I know she's said he drives Monster Trucks, and I've seen pics of her on a Motorcycle, so I bet she had fine during that entrance. It would been even better if she road to the ring Bad Ass Taker style. I know a Japan crowd can be be quiet due to respect towards the Wrestlers, but damn they were too quiet for my taste. I mean theirs a major title on the line, and it felt like the people were tired at this time during the show. Truly an eventful ending for the title shot, but I look at the card damn it was loaded Aja Kong vs. Akira Hokuto in their VTOP Finals and Great Sasuke, SATO & Shiryu vs. Gran Naniwa, Jinsei Shinzaki & Super Delfin. Madusa once again took a tremendous ass whooping, but she had less of an offense than their Summerslam bout. Thank goodness they had another title match on Raw

Real Women of Genius

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Alundra Blayze vs Bull Nakano[WWE Raw 4-3-1995]

It took Four German Suplexes to finish off Bull Nakano this night, but still another good match between these two legends. I hate Vince McMahon trimming these ladies match to 6-7 mins without time for entrances. You couldn't had at least a match that went 20 minutes plus Vince I mean you have talent use it better fool. Bertha Faye even attacked Blayze after the match, so when one feud ended, another started with Faye mugging Blayze to death looking like a female Wild Samoan.

Real Women of Genius

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

I told you guys I was going review this tournament from the AJW Doumu Super Woman Great War in 1994. Eight of the greatest Joshi talents they could together were coming together for one night to determine who is the V Top Women Japan Champion of the world. It was a who's who in the sport of Women's Wrestling in Japan, like talents like Aja Kong, Combat Toyoda, Akira Hokuto, Manami Toyota, Dynamite Kansai and even Kyoko Inoue!

Yumiko Hotta (AJW) vs Combat Toyoda[FMW][Round 1]
    -Now I never heard of Hotta from AJW, but I know a good amount of Ms.Toyoda. I remember her being the WWA Champion while having great feuds with Akira Hokuto and Bull Nakano, as well as Eriko Tsuchiya and Yoshika Maedomari. In 86 she was given the honor of rookie of the year, this chick wasn't the girl you wanted to mess with that ring. She's like Aja they are cut from the same cloth. This match was a battle of the Power vs Technical Wrestling with bits of Striking from Hotta. Combot employed a great battle plan going into the match, what does a great Striker do if you take away their ability to walk? The second half of this match is damn good Hotta kicking outta Combat's Power Attacks especially her Powerbombs, while Hotta showing her fighting spirit. Hotta did a back double hook suplex off the top rope damn that was dangerous to watch. Hotta after finding out Combat's strategy she kicked into high gear, but her anger was the death of her in this match.

Akira Hokuto (AJW) vs Eagle Sawai (LLPW)[Round 1]
    -Yes Akira Hokuto was in this Tournament this night. The same Akira that many fans would see in WCW to which she would later hold the WCW Women's Title after the Tournament final with Madusa. She made her name in CMLL and AJW holding titles in both companies over the years like the CMLL Women's Championship over La Diabólica. It was crazy to see Eagle nearly finish Akira in the first few minutes with her power, did Akira not watch some VHS tape on her before hand? I mean she tossed around Aja, pretty sure she was going to have a field day with you babe. Hokuto's persona probably scares alot of Wrestlers, but it didn't seem at all Eagle was afraid of her, she couldn't worry about that their was too much on the line! I'm happy these ladies all got time to work, and Eagle agility and Akira trying to kick her off her feet was good to see.

Aja Kong (AJW) vs Manami Toyota (AJW)[Round 1]
    -I mean how in the hell did they get those great talents to face off in Round 1? This could of been the finals, but this match has been rated by Dave Meltzer and many others as one of the greatest matches from 1994. If you don't become fans in interested in Women's Wrestling after this match, what is wrong with you lol. I don't think anything else needs to be said in this match, just watch it and you'll enjoy the hell out of it.

Kyoko Inoue (AJW) vs Dynamite Kansai (JWP)[Round 1]
    -First all what was Dynamite wearing to the ring? Surely it's something outta Super Sentai I'm I right lol. Two ladies are on the thicker side displaying that we can go just as a fast and good as the smaller girls. We don't need to rely on our power all the time, we can find other ways to win. Another good first rounder to end the round between these ladies.

I'll probably post the Semi-Final matches in the coming days and give my thoughts on that enjoy all the matches people.

Real Women of Genius

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Akira Hokuto (AJW) vs Combat Toyoda (FMW)[V-TOP Semi-Finals]
    -This match was way too damn short for my taste. I'm glad they let the NO DQ to be used in this tourney, because Combat would of been gone since her first match. She went to the Well too many times and Akira made her pay for it. I mean this is a Semi-Finals match it should of went 25 mins, with the winner being broken going into the Finals. The winner get a warm up match pretty much, how disappointing to see with these two ladies.

Aja Kong (AJW) vs Dynamite Kansai (JWP) [V-TOP Semi-Finals]
    -A way better match then Akira/Combat that's for damn sure. It was amazing to see Dynamite lift up Aja with all that weight and carry her around, and AJ was point blank with her Spinning Back Fists and she took them like a champ. That staredown before the match started made me know this was going to be a good match, and it didn't disappoint. It wouldn't be the last these two ladies would be facing each other down the road love it.

Real Women of Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Kassius HoHo View Post
    I know WWE had a good relationship at that time with having talent wrestle in Japan here and there, but I don't know how they booked this WWE Women's Title match in Japan and not save it later for a WWE PPV.
    The easy answer is that the WWE didn't care about women's wrestling. Just look at the date, it's just a few days before Survivor Series 1994. So there was an easy PPV they could have booked the Bull/Blayze PPV rematch. Not to mention their 1995 match took place just after Wrestlemania 11. Much like in the 80's, the women's division in 1994-1995 suffered because it wasn't a proper division. It was just Alundra Blayze and a few heels brought in to take turns feuding with her for several months.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The easy answer is that the WWE didn't care about women's wrestling. Just look at the date, it's just a few days before Survivor Series 1994. So there was an easy PPV they could have booked the Bull/Blayze PPV rematch. Not to mention their 1995 match took place just after Wrestlemania 11. Much like in the 80's, the women's division in 1994-1995 suffered because it wasn't a proper division. It was just Alundra Blayze and a few heels brought in to take turns feuding with her for several months.
    Yeah that's so true, but Vince wouldn't be so stupid and saw what he had we could of had something truly special. Imagine if Vince brought in someone like Aja Kong and had her feud with Alundra that would of been amazing to see, but he thinking about other things in the company and that wasn't a priority to him at that point yup.

Real Women of Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Kassius HoHo View Post
    Yeah that's so true, but Vince wouldn't be so stupid and saw what he had we could of had something truly special. Imagine if Vince brought in someone like Aja Kong and had her feud with Alundra that would of been amazing to see, but he thinking about other things in the company and that wasn't a priority to him at that point yup.
    The thing is, Vince wasn't stupid. Sure, Bull and Blayze had some good matches, but it's not as if it "Mattered". You need time to recondition the fans into understanding that women's wrestling matters and it's not just filler like it actually was for women's wrestling during this time period. Even if Aja Kong would have been brought in sooner to get in the Kong/Blayze feud, it wouldn't have changed things. It still would have been Blayze vs some heel, just as it had been for the second half in 1994 with Bull and had been in the summer of 1995 with Bertha Faye. As long as McMahon was only going to bring in one babyface for the women's division, it was never going to be anything other than filler, even if the matches were good. Literally the same thing can be said about the Jumping Bomb Angels' brief run with the WWE in 1987-1988.

WCW ended up doing the same exact thing once they brought Madusa back to feud against Bull, Luna, or Akira Hokuto. Granted, Madusa's second run with WCW was awful and minus the shockingly great match with Akira Hokuto at Great American Bash 1997, she didn't do anything of value.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Aja Kong (AJW) vs Akira Hokuto (AJW)[V-Top Finals]
    -This is for all the marbles, way before HBK was coming from the Ceiling as if he was God Aja Kong and Akira Hokuto with their bad ass themes were doing it, and doing it better. I mean Akira comes out with a freaking Samurai Sword, and that alone would intimidate everyone except Aja Kong. My God I never seen two ladies slap each other to start off the match, then shake hands da fuck

Aja saw early in the bout right wheel problems with Akira and took advantage of it like only she can. She worked and worked till the moment where Aja missed on a Suicide Dive and hurt her Right Knee/Leg. For Aja doing such a move and missing is alot of body weight, I wonder if that was a worked into the match or Aja really did get hurt in that spot there. What I find funny is minutes before Akira was in pain screaming, then Aja is in the same spot and Akira somehow can stand on her injured leg and not be totally be in pain as well logic please?

As the match goes on, Aja is really selling the hell outta the move. She can't lift up Akira, and at times you see her on the ground smacking her injury and wanting to come to tears. I've never seen Aja in pain like this, showed how great a Wrestler she is truly is to watch. All of sudden we get the finish, don't want to give it away, but I didn't see it ending in such a way. I guess the injuries built up, and it was hard for the person to stand up. I feel you gotta have patience in this match, because it's starts off slow and both ladies tell a great story before the end of the match. After the match I really wished to see know what the ladies were saying to each other, but both ladies were in tears. The last time I felt this way, was when Apollo Crews was still in Japan with Dragon Gate and it was his last night and everyone said good-bye to him still come to tears when I see the whole thing. This Ceremony got me there, and I think the next time I'll feel that way when Kairi/Io leave Stardom and perform on their final dates for the company. Prepare people for the tears, wonderful tournament!

Real Women of Genius

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

FMW- Combat Toyoda vs. Megumi Kudo (No-Rope Electrified Barbwire Deathmatch)
    -This was Combat Toyoda's Retirement Match, but damn what a way go to in such an insane type of match. I don't know too many ladies in the Wrestling business that would have their last match in such a way what guts! Let's not forget if Combat is going out on her Shield, she's going to go out with the song Wild Thing which fits her character all the way. I know it was a honor for Kudo have Combat's last match, but I bet that went out of the window when she was trying to make her make love to the Electrified Barbwire Ropes during the match that's for sure

Jesus this is so much drama in this match, with Combat and Megumi trying to keep away of the horror of meeting the ropes. When does happen for the first time I thought Kudo was dead, she took a direct shot into the ropes and she looked gone[still real to me dammit] How Kudo weathered the storm after that, and was able to not be totally destroyed by Combat is a feat itself. Oh Kudo wasn't the only one hitting those ropes, their is a moment when Toyoda's hits and collapses and the Camera Pans to someone in the crowd shedding a tear. I believe it was Toyoda's Husband, what a horrible thing to see. If my Wife was going through that, I would be tears and people need a Doctor because I wouldn't be able to handle it. This match is one of those matches that you're happy to see it end because you don't want to see these ladies destroy each other any further.

Real Women of Genius

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Amazing Kong & Meiko Satomura vs. Ayako Hamada & Nanae Tanahashi[8/26/2015]
    -Hooray for me 50 plus posts in this thread, thank you all for at least looking at the thread wished people would open their eyes though and comment, but love doing so this will never stop suckers. When I was Youtube I just came about this out of no where and when I saw the four ladies involved, I had to watch it for sure. I mean Meiko/Kong have that I'm going to kill you type of style and Hamada/Tanahashi are all around great Wrestlers and can go with anyone you put them in the ring with for sure. I really like the structure of this match, Kong/Meiko dominating with Meiko getting in her Submissions and Kong beating up Hamada with an Umbrella and being evil. Let's not forget Ayako/Nanae played up the underdog well in this match and while showing how good they are in the ring. A fun match all around, with a good back and forth all the way till the end.

Real Women of Genius

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Kairi Hojo vs Meiko Satomura[6/4/2015]
    -You know when I first started watching Stardom I never got to see all of this matches with two great talent sin Kairi Hojo and Meiko Satomura. I never got to see Kairi as the Red Belt Champion, and I wanted to see how good she was back then compared to 2017 Hojo. You know Kairi must of been on a real high by this time, she's number 1 in the company, and then a Train called Satomura is coming into town to take what she earned to get. I know these ladies had a match at Fortune Dream a year before this, but I never knew they had future matches. Going into the match, you gotta think it's going to be good mainly for the contrast in styles. Kairi is more the one using her Speed to set up her own moves, and Meiko is more of a ground and pound type of Wrestler.

What I saw early on is how serious Kairi Hojo was in this match. Today she plays around and almost tries to make her opponent look like fools, but Kairi was all business and that how you treat a person with all that momentum Satomura had going into this match. Around the 20th minute of the clip you see Meiko start to turn it up trying to use her strength and striking abilities to start to wear away at Kairi, but I guess the training in the Gym kept Kairi from being totally mugged from the challenger. Kairi has always been a Pitbull in that don't let the pretty Face and Makeup fool you, girl is deadly in the ring and she'll send you home with a loss if you think she's soft and is a easy win any night. You know though at some point for all the toughness Kairi was trying to display in this match, you knew somewhere in this Match, Meiko size and weight advantage was going to be in her favor. It's easy to carry Kairi and that's what Meiko did and DAMN THAT DEATH VALLEY DRIVER ON THE STAGE THOUGH! Meiko was smart it follow it up with a Suplex on her head, her bells were already ringing like the Huckback of Notre Dame so it's no shock to see her do that there. Meiko just kept putting on the pressure on Kairi and it was amazing to watch the Champion barely kick out. So intense during this match Kairi goes for the best Elbow in the business, and Meiko knows her well and blocks it to lock in the Armbar Submission what a transition. I was highly upset at the Time Limit draw, this isn't the NWA days we like to see decisions ending the right way. Still a great match and this match would eventually get Meiko a rematch mawith Kairi Hojo. Time is ticking Kairi..MEIKO IS THE GRIM REAPER IS IT'S TIME TO COLLECT HER PRIZE!

Real Women of Genius

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Kairi Hojo vs Meiko Satomura 2[7/26/2015]

-After the Time Limit Draw in their last bout, you knew one way or another Meiko was going to get another shot. Let me say one thing this Video Package of Kairi/Meiko with No Easy Way Out had me hype going into the match even before the Bell rang. What I always thought about Kairi as a talent, is that she lovable to the fans, but her abilities to connect with the Audience in the crowd. When she gets dropped on her head or neck, you feel for her seeing the pain she goes through with her matches. I think when she comes to WWE, that is going to carry over and people are going to jump on her ship because of it. You can't help but to love Meiko's style she's going to destroy to the point where you forget your name. Meiko in this bout wanted to give Kairi the beating worse than their previous bout and I think she did it easily. What worked for Kairi in the first match, Meiko was ready for it and she not letting the champion get off like she wanted to.

Pretty much everything was going Meiko's way up to this point till Kairi unleashed her Flying Forearm on the challenger. I've seen Kairi and Io do a Flying move off that Ramp before and I want to close my eyes and not watch, because they can easily put themselves on IR because imagine if you slip and fall oh my just the thoughts have me very afraid for Kairi. We got to see by this point the Champion dish out damage and being the evil bitch I want to see in Bayley. It's all good being nice, but when someone is coming for your title and wants to legit hurt you, you gotta raise your game and Kairi does it. Shake I would say the previous bout is better yes agree with that totally, but this match gave us some new stuff while getting in their moves they love to use in all their matches. What I found funny is Kairi kept doing things that in their first bout Meiko reversed and instead of doing something different, she did it again like the Diving Elbow. It took multiple Death Valley Drivers, but Meiko beat Kairi Hojo and became the new World of Stardom Champion for the company. One great reign ends, another begins I guess I'll need to find Io Shirai vs Meiko Satomura now!

Real Women of Genius

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Meiko Satomura vs. Io Shirai on [12/23/15]

-After Meiko Satomura winning the Red Belt from Kairi Hojo months before, her dangerous run was on a roll after defeating Mayu Iwatani. Kairi and Mayu couldn't handle the power, the strength, and intensity she brought to the ring and their last hope get the title away from Meiko was in the hands of Io Shirai. Both ladies have faced each other before and had no non-sense, drag out matches and this match wasn't any different! I found it funny the fans were booing Io because she didn't want to shake Meiko's hand while also wanting the match to just start already not really caring about taking pictures like all talent does before the match starts. People must of forgotten Meiko utterly destroyed Io's two best friends, so she isn't going to be happy go lucky with a person who not just wanting to beat those ladies, but to put them on the shelf. You know when you get into watching Joshi Wrestling you find very quickly how the talent in the States just can't hold a Candle to these lades overseas. You find out when Io takes a direct shot to the face from Meiko and I thought damn their goes a concussion for her! Most girls in the States would be asking for a Doctor and wanting to the match to end, Io is the type of person to take that pain and beat up any person who wanted to treat her. In the words of Jim Ross, she's tougher than a T-Bone Steak Io is for sure.

Early on you could see Meiko wanted to use the tactics she used on Mayu and Kairi, but Io seeing her friends from the sidelines was ready for all that and took it in stride. When I look at Meiko, that strong style of Wrestler I want Konami to become that. I can see that evil side waiting to come out, hopefully for Stardom's sake they pull the trigger on her and make her a Champion sooner rather than later. It's the old term taking to school, Meiko had been in the game longer than Io and I feel she had to go through all this pain to show her toughness to have a chance to win. She calls herself the Ace of Stardom, and Meiko wanted to test that in this match. In Io's mind the Ace term isn't a nice nickname to rock for a T-Shirt or Attire, she believes she is the Ace of the Stardom which she is, but not just that but in Wrestling itself. I believe that because I plug in any Io Shirai match since I started watching the product and be entertained, not sure I can say that night in and night out with too many Wrestlers in the business today.

When people say this match was one of the best of 2015, you take it with a grain of salt because sometimes matches don't meet the hype for people. I've been holding out on this classic for the longest time to see for the first time and I fucking happy Zero and Shake got me into Joshi Wrestling. I can say between Kairi/Io and Meiko/Io these two matches could of be in my top 10 favorite Wrestling Matches of all time. What made the ending even sweeter is Io doing her own Elbow Drop in honor of her friend Kairi Hojo to set up the final blow with the Moonsault what a friend. Beautiful match between the two, hopefully you guys watch it and have your minds blown!

Real Women of Genius

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Meiko vs Io is probably gonna end up being my favourite Joshi match ever just cause it was the first 'big' match that happened as I got into it.

As for Io being booed - well, she was technically behind Kairi in line for a title shot at the time and Meiko had the good grace to give her one over Kairi. Obviously it factors into why Kairi vs Io happened a couple of weeks later - since Kairi was still owed a title shot. But showing disrespect to Meiko + getting a title shot over super babyface Kairi probably played into it. Kairi will forever be more over than Io.

Konami being like Meiko would be fun but I suspect that she will float closer to Asuka/KANA as time goes on. But she's definitely a good striker. Dunno if they will give Konami belts because shes not exclusively signed iirc. But she seems to be considered good looking.... Or at least can get the target male audience interested since she already has gravure out. So I guess if Stardom got her exclusively then they know they can push her using the methods they push Kairi/Io when it comes to looks.

Io's "Ace" moniker is also just a ripoff of Hiroshi Tanahashi since she idolises him. She wasnt anywhere near being an Ace here I think but shes quite clearly Stardom's Ace nowadays since shes the poster girl and hasnt lost a red belt match in what... 2 years almost?

I don't think Io doing the elbow drop was in honor of Kairi but actually mocking her tbh. Pretty sure Kairi was offended at it and it played into their matchup down the line as Io would hit elbow drops in other matches too to piss her off.

Great match minus the shitty balcony spot. Satomura is so very good at almost everything but Io stands out more due to the moveset, attire and looks. This version of Io is miles better than today's shitty attempt at a female Naito. Watching this match just reminds me how much I liked Io and got behind her til Stardom's formulaic booking and portrayal of her just totally butchered her title reign/character.

Kairi vs Meiko matches are good stuff also but I enjoyed Io vs Meiko the most. Kairi's always been second to Io for me in terms of in ring performance. Recently, she's been doing some good stuff though whilst Io's stagnated. Kairi is definitely way above Io as a character/personality though. But I still view Kairi as being below her and some other Joshi.

Now that I think about it... Kairi really should've been the one to beat Meiko. Or Mayu. An actual Stardom gal should've done it to seem as if they'd fought off the 'Invader'. Io not being proper Stardom seems weird for it. But I guess it fits into how she wanted to be the Ace of Stardom and stuff and prove herself as the person to take Stardom forward. Which she, arguably, has to some degree.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 04-19-2017 at 09:46 PM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    Meiko vs Io is probably gonna end up being my favourite Joshi match ever just cause it was the first 'big' match that happened as I got into it.

As for Io being booed - well, she was technically behind Kairi in line for a title shot at the time and Meiko had the good grace to give her one over Kairi. Obviously it factors into why Kairi vs Io happened a couple of weeks later - since Kairi was still owed a title shot. But showing disrespect to Meiko + getting a title shot over super babyface Kairi probably played into it. Kairi will forever be more over than Io.

Konami being like Meiko would be fun but I suspect that she will float closer to Asuka/KANA as time goes on. But she's definitely a good striker. Dunno if they will give Konami belts because shes not exclusively signed iirc. But she seems to be considered good looking.... Or at least can get the target male audience interested since she already has gravure out. So I guess if Stardom got her exclusively then they know they can push her using the methods they push Kairi/Io when it comes to looks.

Io's "Ace" moniker is also just a ripoff of Hiroshi Tanahashi since she idolises him. She wasnt anywhere near being an Ace here I think but shes quite clearly Stardom's Ace nowadays since shes the poster girl and hasnt lost a red belt match in what... 2 years almost?

I don't think Io doing the elbow drop was in honor of Kairi but actually mocking her tbh. Pretty sure Kairi was offended at it and it played into their matchup down the line as Io would hit elbow drops in other matches too to piss her off.

Great match minus the shitty balcony spot. Satomura is so very good at almost everything but Io stands out more due to the moveset, attire and looks. This version of Io is miles better than today's shitty attempt at a female Naito. Watching this match just reminds me how much I liked Io and got behind her til Stardom's formulaic booking and portrayal of her just totally butchered her title reign/character.

Kairi vs Meiko matches are good stuff also but I enjoyed Io vs Meiko the most. Kairi's always been second to Io for me in terms of in ring performance. Recently, she's been doing some good stuff though whilst Io's stagnated. Kairi is definitely way above Io as a character/personality though. But I still view Kairi as being below her and some other Joshi.

Now that I think about it... Kairi really should've been the one to beat Meiko. Or Mayu. An actual Stardom gal should've done it to seem as if they'd fought off the 'Invader'. Io not being proper Stardom seems weird for it. But I guess it fits into how she wanted to be the Ace of Stardom and stuff and prove herself as the person to take Stardom forward. Which she, arguably, has to some degree.
    I wouldn't of had a problem with that as you know I'm a huge Kairi fan. So Kairi was upset of the use of the Elbow Drop wished I had Subtitles she would get jealous of that ha. Yeah Io is approaching 500 days as Red Belt champion and that's crazy to think about. Punk holding the title for a year was great, and Io holding it is great, but not sure she's really being given the great feuds they deserves. Like she should be feuding with Mayu, Kairi hard right now with them retiring or possibly leaving, and months before they were giving shots to other ladies who come in, then leave. In the word of Ric Flair it's going to take a real great Women to beat Io Shirai for her title.

Real Women of Genius

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Well the story was that Meiko beat Kairi for the belt then beat Cinderella Mayu down the line then Kairi won the GP and was the rightful challenger... But Meiko chose Io. So I guess Kairi fans might have been upset Io got picked over Kairi. Idk how much of it was Stardom's booking and how much was Meiko's but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Stardom wanted Meiko vs Kairi to end the year and Meiko wanted to drop the belt to Io. Kairi fits better imo but I guess Io being viewed as Ace of Stardom helped sell the match plus Io being out of the main event picture for quite a while.

There was no subtitles for me either but I recall that Io started doing elbow drops frequently. It's possible she did it to honour Kairi but idk. If I was Kairi, id get offended that the person who skipped the line for a title shot used my move to beat the person that took my belt. To make matters worse, Io was the person Kairi beat to win the red belt originally so that had to be disappointing also. Of course, it all plays well into the story.

They botched Io's title run by giving her Mayu too early and by having her crush jobber Gaijin. But other factors like Mayu/Kairi holding other belts, the pointless trios titles and injuries have hindered it too. Stardom have pretty much taken everyone down to keep Io strong. Her reign isnt going to end in a satisfactory way unless they actually build someone else up to her level. That person should've been Mayu, tbh. There's no one else that fits the story as well as Mayu. Unfortunately, Io has been pushed above her and Kairi to the point shes out of their sights now too, really. And right now I dont think Io is interesting outside of her matches which is why her reign is floundering.

I really dunno who will beat her. I hope it isnt Toni Storm.

edit: got something wrong with the Mayu/Meiko stuff. Totally forgot that Mayu won the Cinderella and faced Kairi She got her title shot against Meiko in November. Was when Stardom vs Sendai was happening and Mayu won an elimination match and got her title shot that way. Meiko still beat her though then skipped over Kairi for Io.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 04-22-2017 at 07:12 PM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    Well the story was that Meiko beat Kairi for the belt then beat Cinderella Mayu, then Kairi won the GP and was the rightful challenger... But Meiko chose Io. So I guess Kairi fans might have been upset Io got picked over Kairi. Idk how much of it was Stardom's booking and how much was Meiko's but I am pretty sure I read somewhere that Stardom wanted Meiko vs Kairi to end the year and Meiko wanted to drop the belt to Io. Kairi fits better imo but I guess Io being viewed as Ace of Stardom helped sell the match plus Io being out of the main event picture for quite a while.

There was no subtitles for me either but I recall that Io started doing elbow drops frequently. It's possible she did it to honour Kairi but idk. If I was Kairi, id get offended that the person who skipped the line for a title shot used my move to beat the person that took my belt. To make matters worse, Io was the person Kairi beat to win the red belt originally so that had to be disappointing also. Of course, it all plays well into the story.

They botched Io's title run by giving her Mayu too early and by having her crush jobber Gaijin. But other factors like Mayu/Kairi holding other belts, the pointless trios titles and injuries have hindered it too. Stardom have pretty much taken everyone down to keep Io strong. Her reign isnt going to end in a satisfactory way unless they actually build someone else up to her level. That person should've been Mayu, tbh. There's no one else that fits the story as well as Mayu. Unfortunately, Io has been pushed above her and Kairi to the point shes out of their sights now too, really. And right now I dont think Io is interesting outside of her matches which is why her reign is floundering.

I really dunno who will beat her. I hope it isnt Toni Storm.
    Well I had Toni Storm or Mayu taking away Io's Red Belt till I saw her at WWE Axxess. I would imagine she's in the Women's Tourney and is going to be NXT so that is changed. To me if Stardom doesn't have Mayu win the Red Belt I will be so pissed, because she's been such a great talent and she deserves it. Problem is as you know reports are she's retiring, so Stardom people in charge might be going through Bottles of Advil with all this happening to them back to back the past few months. You talked about the GP Kairi one was it good, and how does it compare to Mayu first Cinderella win? I might want to see Kairi/Io when Kairi won the belt, but not sure if I'll be able to find it anywhere. I asked Joshi City if he can upload the Mayu/Io vs Meiko/Kairi tag match from I think 2015 so I'm crossing my fingers he finds the match so I download it and enjoy it like no other. If nothing comes up I might check out the other Joshi companies, Joshi City always has a great list of matches uploaded from recent shows.

Real Women of Genius

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

sendai4.6.jpg

Sendai Girls 4/6 Korakuen Hall Review

I've heard great things from this show, and I thought if I were ever to watch a Sendai Girls show this might be the start of a beautiful relationship with another Joshi promotion that isn't Stardom.

Mika Shirahime vs Konami
    A solid opener, but damn Mika took the win poor Konami she needs a hug I got her. I thought Mika was as crazy as Kalisto is to challenge Strowman in a match that favors him, but I thought she was just as crazy trying to go to the ground with a Submission Specialist like her. She worked her leg over, but he didn't matter since Mika's fighting spirit gave her the strength to get a roll up on Konami.

Mio Momono vs Hana Sexy time Kimura
    -First of all what the hell were these two ladies wearing? Are we back in the 70's with these outfits? Also Hana actually Wrestling, that isn't something we see in Stardom that's for sure. Girl was using Missile Dropkicks, Muta Locks I was highly impressed on how good she could be if she isn't a toy to make the boys and girls go oooh la la. She has some potential I would like to see more of going forward in Stardom that's if people in charge ever break up Oedi Tai which could happen since members are retiring and taking a break from Wrestling.

Nyra Rose, Big Bang Nicole & Eiger vs KAORU, Alex Lee & Emi Sakura
    -What the hell was the little spot where all those ladies were in the middle of the ring with Arms over the Shoulders? Then one of the ladies break away form the Conga Line and scares the crap outta the lady in green what I think the show I downloaded seems edited, I hate watching shows like that. Negative Nancy here hehe.

Meiko Satomura vs Hiroyo Matsumoto
    -When I first looked at the card, this was the first match that grabbed my attention in wanting to see the show. I have a high regard for Meiko and Hiroyo as talents, and they are both easily in the top 5 Joshi talents in the world right now. If you were to say a dream match for me to see these two in the ring together, going against each other I would pay all the money I had to see it and I got in this match. Man I fucking loved this match, Meiko and Hiroyo had a brawl of all brawls in this one. Both of these ladies proved why they are the best, and and damn I was shocked Hiroyo got the win! Striking, proving to the other you ain't that tough, while carrying each other like Children yeah this match stole in the show in my eyes. Ms.Godzilla gets the huge win over Meiko, not it's time for her to feast on some gold the Sendai World Championship that is.

Hana Kimura vs Mika Shirahime
    -So I didn't know whoever won this match got to team with Meiko Satomura for a future Tag Team Title Match versus Hikaru Shida & Syuri well that's a way to have a tourney. If I were the champs Meiko gives their team the advantage, expect alot of double team on Hana so Meiko never see's any action in the ring. I ragged on Hana on what she was wearing in the first match she had on this show, then she goes full Stripper with this one? I mean I've seen some revealing outfits cough cough Io Shirai, but this is a plain old look at me people I'm sexy outfit

It's funny because this is another example that Hana can go in the ring, and she isn't a stump in there. I mean she's no Meiko, or Hiroyo in there, but she can handle her own which I can't say from some of the ladies I see in the states. I'm almost starting to think she has a Twin, or this is an alternate universe where Hana can wrestle

Hikaru Shida & Syuri vs Cassandra Miyagi & DASH Chisako
    -Oh I see why you guys want me to watch Sendai Girls it's because of Shida right? I mean she's quite pretty, but I've got enough Women to try and satisfy my body can't handle it lol. I don't mind the short girl on the other team sticking out her tongue for that matter, I've got good tastes hmmm. As I listened to the champs come out did I hear that Street Fighter theme for them? I think it's from SF 2 and it sounded great in the background me hype to see the hype surrounding Shida and Syuri. Did anyone do the oh shit face when Meiko and Hana showed up and especially Meiko staring down Syuri? Meiko's face could burn Metal, she wants gold..try to stop that lady! Another good match for this show, both teams threw the Kitchen Sink at the other, but the champs just had more when he counted..KNEE OF DEATH for the motherfucking win! After the match Meiko trying to intimidate the champs like only she can, interesting future bout there.

Aja Kong vs Chihiro Hashimoto
    -What an amazing battle, from the clips they showed before the Match this isn't the first these two have crossed paths. Past Kong or current Kong, she's evil as hell and you're going to be taken to school. What part of the body Aja didn't try to break I'm I right? It took three German Suplexes to finish off the legend Aja Kong in this match. A great story was told in this match, pain and punishment was worth it to tire out Kong to the point where youth, and heart of Lioness was going to win out this time around. After you beat a legend like Aja who is going to stop her? Well people did come out to challenge the new champ, and boy I'm locked and loaded for Hiroyo vs Chihiro!!

Three Great Matches in this card between the Tag Title Match, Hiroyo/Meiko and the World Title Match this show is a must watch!

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information