Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Real Women of Genius

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Women of Honor

Quote Originally Posted by PowerfulShake View Post
    I think it is. It was clearly done to set up the tournament and set up a grandstand finish to the year for RibbonMania. Though I didn't quite expect Tsukka vs Tsukushi to be the semi finals of the tournament, it should have been the final and Tsukushi should have went over. Tsukasa Fujimoto is the ace of Ice Ribbon, also a trainer there now too. I think she's reaching the point where she's passing the torch. Tsukushi, however, is quite young - she made her debut when she was 12 (she's now 19) and she's been a mainstay in Ice Ribbon ever since. Just to put that into perspective for you: Tsukushi debuted before Stardom even existed, before Mayu Iwatani and Kairi Hojo even debuted. It's pretty crazy. But I don't think she's ever going to be the new ace which is a shame. I really thought she would win the tournament but seems like Risa Sera is going to be the new ace which is fine with me - she's got a good look and will be fantastic once she gets some more experience under her belt. The big drawback on Tsukushi is that she is incredibly small - even for a Joshi - and so she's a little bit limited. Some people might find it hard to believe in her offense but she tries her best.

Funny you mention the commentators. The show is filmed with no commentary but Ice Ribbon like to have some of their girls watch the show and speak about it. The two commentators you see are actually Mio Shirai (Io's sister) who is a referee in Ice Ribbon and Tsukasa Fujimoto herself These shows aren't taped for TV, they're streamed on the Ice Ribbon nico nico (japanese streaming) channel and so they have them provide commentary so they can give insight/tell stories/keep kayfabe alive or whatever.

Timestamp the move for me and I'll tell you what it is, drawing a blank right now
    Oh yeah that small little picture at the bottom you can't tell really and I never seen too much of Mio outside of you talking about her career like the few months I started watching Stardom I asking about Io and you brought up her older sister. I'm sure those ladies are saying some good stuff, just wished I could understand what it was they were saying.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I apologize for not being in here sooner, I thought this was a thread about the actual WOH in which case they're almost all not very good.
    Yeah, this thread title sucks. It's purposely misleading to use a title of a division in one company, without this topic actually being about that division. The funny thing is that this is actually an interesting thread in contrast to what a forgettable thread it would have been had it just been dedicated to ROH's Women of Honor.

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Yeah, this thread title sucks. It's purposely misleading to use a title of a division in one company, without this topic actually being about that division. The funny thing is that this is actually an interesting thread in contrast to what a forgettable thread it would have been had it just been dedicated to ROH's Women of Honor.
    Well Jim if any of you guys have a better title I'm willing to change it. I never been that damn good at making titles that didn't have Women of Wrestling or Celebs in Photo Shoots of some kind

Real Women of Genius

Status

Even something like "HoHo Watches Dope Ass Women's Wrestling" would be better than purposely causing posters to initially ignore this thread because they (Myself included) figured it was just dedicated to the ROH women division.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Even something like "HoHo Watches Dope Ass Women's Wrestling" would be better than purposely causing posters to initially ignore this thread because they (Myself included) figured it was just dedicated to the ROH women division.
    Got it with the help of the legend Silk she came up with the perfect title for what I consider these ladies geniuses. Real Women of Genis fits better on what I'm doing and will bring more people in hopefully. Can someone change it so it still won't say Women of Honor I guess that's Jon now.
    Last edited by HoHo; 01-28-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Powerful Red S-Mod

Status

Yeah buddy Tsukushi v Fujimoto.

I just think that it's the best match of the year in Joshi. Tsukushi actually has been a long-term favorite of mine, of all the young girls wrestling which I'm not necessarily a huge fan of, she actually "got it" and from the start was a really good wrestler. Unfortunately I don't think she's aged a day since age 12 with her size and features. In theory she could be the ace because she's a great wrestler and such a likable personality but she suffers for the same reason Mayu does. Nobody would think she's an idol or anything like that. But Ice is not AS cheesecake driven as Stardom so there's still a glimmer of hope. That said Risa Sera is a fine wrestler as well and a good champion. I just have to echo Shake. Tsukushi should have ended up with the title at that tournament.

Ice and Sendai Girls are two really strong companies in Joshi.
    Go Go Powerful Rangers~

POWERFUL RANGERS

Silk
    Zero
    Shake
    BlackTiger
    HoHo
    Rogue

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZero0615

Status

Re: Real Women of Genius

Kong & Nakano vs Sawai & Saito (02.04.1993)

From foe back to friend. Kong and Nakano by 1993 were back as friends and Sawai and Saito would be the victims of their assault in this match. What brought me to want to see this match was mainly due to a spot you'll see during the match were we have a Nun-Chuck battle with Harley Saito who passed away at the age of 48 in December of 2016. I knew this match was going to be a good one after I saw Sawai matching strength with Aja and hitting a back suplex on her imagine that! Aja no sold the shit outta that and said bitch I can do better than that wham suplex on Sawai hehe.

I'm still wondering how in the hell did the Ref not DQ either lady for using the Nun-Chucks till I found it, it was probably a No DQ Match especially after Aja brought a Metal Mini Trash Can it looked like into the fight Another amazing spot in this match is not only did Nakano do some flying, Kong did a fucking Suicide dive onto Saito and Sawai YES AJA DID THAT WITH EASE! This lady has the fountain of youth, she is just as good then as she is now ask anyone about that and they'll tell the same thing about Kong. Sawai and Saito had their moments, they just couldn't handle Nakano and Kong in the latter part of the match. At least Kong went on the mic and put over Sawai for her busting up her lip, and bringing out blood too from her impressive. Can WWE put Aja and Kong at least one of these ladies in the WWE Hall of Fame this year please? Why not have Madusa induct Bull and Bull next year induct Aja I mean make it happen PLEASE!

Real Women of Genius

Status

Bull Nakano vs Yumi Fukawa (Subway Train Match)

I mean how angry do you have to be to attack someone on a Train while it's moving I'm I right? Yumi was afraid to even move and attack her till she thought fuck it I've come this far, why not go after Bull. I found it funny they dubbed in sounds of punches and forearms as if this was this a 70's Kung Fu flick. Lol at the people on the Train not knowing what the fuck do while this was going on. Yumi found out that day, never in your motherfucking life you ever..ever attack Bull Nakano on a Train!

Real Women of Genius

Status

Arisa Nakajima vs Io Shirai Stardom Year-End Climax[For the JWP and World of Stardom World Titles(12.29.2013)

After Io Shirai won the Red Belt for Stardom in 2013 over Alpha Female Io became the best lady in Stardom hands down. After defending her title and holding her status she would put her title against another top Joshi talent Arisa Nakajima. We all know the history on Io, but let me talk about Arisa Nakajima before getting into the match. Arisa was trained by the Major Girl's Fighting AtoZ promotion. She made her debut in 2006 before leaving for JWP taking her crafts to new heights. She would hold the JWP Junior and Princess Championship twice each before retiring in 2009. She came back in 2012 and eventually would win the JWP Openweight Championship for the first time in her career over Emi Sakura. All roads led to her bout with the Ace with Stardom I imagine for a match to not just boast her stock in the Wrestling world, but to bring JWP's promotion up as well.

This my second time watching this match and Shake thank you for giving me the link for this match months ago, because it's a good match. You can say both of these ladies were and still are the Joshi ladies to lace up their boot over the years and you find this out in this match. Now I knew Io would bring the fire, she always does no matter the place or arena, hell she'll fight in in the street if it's needed. I learned alot more on who Arisa is as a Wrestler and a talent in this match. I like that the match starts out going amateur style and not just a sprint, which was unique seeing both of these ladies get in submissions and try to dominate the other early on. The submission exchange might annoy some people, but personally I like it if makes sense for these two ladies to tire the other out and not let the other get into that second gear.

Speaking about second gears, Io why..just why

How did Io not KO herself completely after this Suicide Dive? She was just lucky I guess and she turned the momentum back in her favor when she dived from one set of ropes to another and splashed on top of Arisa and it was a beautiful sight. It's about around the 15 minute mark when these ladies really start to turn it up on each other and want to dish out everything they've got to show like a great Magician. I thought it was all over at the 20 minute mark when Io was going for her Finisher the Moonsault and Arisa put the knees up just in time. Arisa you were hit with two Angel's Wings, how can you get up and react that fast hmm? Why first you don't succeed try try again and Io did with multiple Moonsaults minutes later and Arisa kicked out barely. I'm not sure if I ever see a talent kick outta more than one Moonsault from Io, but theirs a first for everything. Can someone please tell me how you get headbutted multiple times like Arisa and Io did to each other and somehow get outta pins? I wasn't too disappointed with the draw between the two, this usually happens with two titles on the line from separate promotions come to together. I do wish though these two would of had another match with a true decider on who is better than the other.

Real Women of Genius

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Will give all the matches a watch tomorrow after New Beginning in Sapporo.

But just commenting on Io vs Arisa - it's pretty much essential viewing for a Joshi fan. It's kind of rare to see that sort of matchup come about nowadays with Stardom not really working with other promotions. Arisa is my favourite Joshi wrestler atm and I'd go as far to say that she's the best. If she had as many eyes on her as Io does, she'd get a lot of hype. Her style is certainly not as flashy as Io's but she's super fucking stiff and she certainly comes across like she 100% wants to kill her opponent. I've never been bored by her. In 2017, this match is a dream match in the Joshi landscape. But it may never happen. Especially with the promotions the pair of them are in as I'm sure there's probably some sort of frosty relationship between the two.

Really good match, Io bumps like mad and Arisa is stiff as usual. Really weird to think that was almost four years ago and the pair of them are still going super strong. The faceplant Arisa takes is brutal. Sasha Banks would have died a thousand deaths working this match.

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

Status

Will give all the matches a watch tomorrow after New Beginning in Sapporo.

But just commenting on Io vs Arisa - it's pretty much essential viewing for a Joshi fan. It's kind of rare to see that sort of matchup come about nowadays with Stardom not really working with other promotions. Arisa is my favourite Joshi wrestler atm and I'd go as far to say that she's the best. If she had as many eyes on her as Io does, she'd get a lot of hype. Her style is certainly not as flashy as Io's but she's super fucking stiff and she certainly comes across like she 100% wants to kill her opponent. I've never been bored by her. In 2017, this match is a dream match in the Joshi landscape. But it may never happen. Especially with the promotions the pair of them are in as I'm sure there's probably some sort of frosty relationship between the two.

Really good match, Io bumps like mad and Arisa is stiff as usual. Really weird to think that was almost four years ago and the pair of them are still going super strong. The faceplant Arisa takes is brutal. Sasha Banks would have died a thousand deaths working this match.
    Yeah theirs only a few girls on the Main Roster who could work in Japan and keep up with them to me. Charlotte, Natayla, Mickie would be the three, but girls like Sasha, Becky, Bayley the rest would try their best in a losing effort for sure. Also yeah I do like Arisa's stiffness makes me want to see a bout between Arisa/Yoko personally. Don't worry I'm spreading the days out till the next update, don't want to put too many to the point people's minds might blow up.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Manami Toyota (c) VS Kyoko Inoue[07.05.1995]

Here's another that was suggested I see from the legend and Moderator here Shake. Manami Toyota is one of those ladies that when you talk about Joshi, she is one of the first names to be brought up because of her dedication to the sport of Pro Wrestling. I guess she had the fountain of youth like Aja Kong because from what I hear she's still Wrestling my God how good is she now Shake? You know sometimes when people tell you check out this match especially a long match, I'm iffy on them because of course the you fear if the match meets the hype given to you by the person. Well Shake landed on the black with this match, the moment the bell ring I was into this bout.

It's crazy because when you look at Kyoko Inoue you see well she must be strong and stiff as fuck, but you see to see that she quite agile for her size. Even with Kyoko Inoue trying to dominate the match Manami wasn't fucking haven't it especially when a 3WA World Championship is the line. Damn as you watch this you see 20 minutes in these ladies start to go at it hard, and damn Manami with the one Arm Suplex on a Kyoko where the fuck did you get that strength?! Toyota looks like she could barely pick up her Suitcase, but she picked up Kyoko with ease and nearly took away her title just like that. Suplex City didn't start in the WWE, it started with Manami.

Can someone explain to me though the guy saying the count in English and not in Japanese? Everytime I heard him talk and say one..two..three it made me chuckle. It was amazing to watch Inoue continuously run up the Turnbuckle and dropping the Diving Elbow, the conditioning of that lady. Also Manami as the match went one I became a fan of more and more, girl was slapping her opponent and laying in three Moonsaults, but Kyoko wasn't giving up tonight!

Around the 36 minute mark Manami wanted to go Hardcore and I was like wait title shot, and that's allowed? Either way Inoue was splashed, but the damn table didn't break. What do they make those tables in Japan outta, surely not just Wood hehe. What made this match just great to watch is the importance of every move hitting it's mark. What I mean is, when Manami or Kyoko unleashed a move on the other it meant something, it had a purpose to tell the great story within the match. You know as you watch this match and these two ladies keep kicking out barely in the latter stages of the match, you wonder do these ladies even know where they are at that moment? Are they running on fumes at this point, because these two ladies were hitting it hard like that the moment the bell rang.

I didn't say it before I talked about the match, but in 1995 this was rated as one of the best matches in Pro Wrestling and that's saying alot. This in the same year we had matches like HBK/Razor Ladder Match Part 2, Mitsuharu Misawa/Akira Taue and Misterio/Psicosis in that 2 outta 3 falls classic for ECW. Some people forgot those two guys fought each other during the WAR Super J Cup in that same year and killed in that match woof.

What I love in these type of matches is seeing the challenger so desperate to get that final pin fall over the champion and the fans behind them to get it done. The drama gets me everytime in such a situation one of the many reasons why I love Pro Wrestling and probably be buried with all my Wrestling merch

Shake did Inoue ever win the title in a future bout with Manami because how can you top this I'm I right? Well guys if you go through this match viewing you might feel more appreciative towards Women's Wrestling, maybe even feel more POWERFUL???
    Last edited by HoHo; 02-08-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Io Shirai vs. Nikki Storm on[5/17/15]

Yes Nikki Storm was in Stardom way before she came to know her in WWE as Nikki Cross with Sanity, she was doing her thing in Stardom as Nikki Storm. WWE fans haven't seen the best of her work in NXT just yet, hopefully that might change in the future. This night Nikki got the opportunity of a lifetime to face the Ace of Stardom Io Shirai for the White Belt! The same evilness Nikki displays during the weekly NXT show, she was using it this night versus the champion. Nikki was possessed to hold the title, she could go to any length to hold it and that's something I think some Wrestlers can't translate the same way like Io and Nikki can with ease. It's all in the eyes, the eyes tell the story ask Sting who went for a full year and a half I believe not saying a word. He used his eyes to show how serious he was in taking out the NWO, in the same way Nikki shows versus Io wanting her title.

I like how Nikki spams the shit outta her Spinning Neckbreaker from various parts of the ring, it makes sense considering she worked on Io's neck earlier in the bout with that snap Neckbreaker on the outside floor! Eventually Io got her second wind, and when this lady gets that get the fuck outta the way! You want my title bitch come and get it, and that's the feeling I get with girls like Io, Kairi, Yoko, Toni and Mayu in every match I see from them. I mean I love the Comedy we get in Stardom, the ladies are beautiful and confident, but the Wrestling in the company top to bottom is quality stuff which is why I've been a fan of the Company since Zero and Shake sent me links on where to see the show.

I don't know what WWE's plans are for Asuka who is still the NXT Women's Champ right now, but if they were to give Nikki a run with the title to feud with Moon or vice versa I think people will give Nikki higher praise other than she's a crazy bitch who gives us great faces. Even though Nikki was unsuccessful this night, it showed Nikki can be a champion. Let's not forget you get to see Io in this very revealing outfit, Shake I bet wants to see this return asap huh?

Real Women of Genius

Status

I'm going to fire through these when I get home later but just gotta say that's a good choice of match. Personally think it displays LOLIOWINS perfectly though.

I liked that outfit from Io for sure yes. As far as wearing revealing stuff I care more about the wrestling when I'm watching the match but it is, indeed, very difficult to ignore Io and her outfits when she's basically naked most of the time. There's a time and a place to ogle these women.

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

Status

Yeah you can't stop and stare with her outfits. Shake how many Gaijin has had runs with the titles, I know Santana Garrett, Alpha Female held titles within Stardom, where they anymore ladies who are Gaijin that held any of the titles just wondering? Hey after going through some Io matches I think it's time to GO THROUGH A TOUR OF KANA MATCHES! Send me some matches through pms on some great Kana matches I should check out please.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Kana vs. Ayumi Kurihara (WAVE - 08/28/2011)

Well I wanted to take a tour of Kana, inside and out from his days before arriving in NXT. Kana Red Haired and all was taking Ayumi Kurihara who I know nothing about. I'm sure Zero will give me info on her in this thread, but the match itself was a nice one to watch. I thought for sure Kana would whip the floor with these lady, but Ayumi really took it to Kana throughout the match. Did it seem to me, that Kana in her Joshi days wanted to kill her opponents or what, because she was really laying in those kicks and back elbows towards Ayumi during the match.

Kana is going to kill you is what I thought when Kana would strike Ayumi and everytime I thought she's done her opponent would back strong. I guess that what happens when you face a respected Women Wrestler in Kana, it ups your game when you're in the ring with her. Their was alot of fighting spirit in this match, when one hit the other instead of showing weakness, instead a headbutt would do in such a situation, completely forgetting that it could backfire on them later in the match. I like Kana and how she carries herself like a Monster who's not gonna be killed like Godzilla. You're going to have to bring the best career performance of your life to beat her when she gets rolling. GOOD LUCK LADIES!

Real Women of Genius

Status

Ayumi Kurihara's retired now. She's the wife of YOSHI-HASHI from NJPW. She's legit as fook. Quite an interesting person too. First match I saw of hers was against Yuzupon. Some good shit. Pretty sure she knocked out one of Yuzupon's teeth. Definitely fucked her up though.
    Last edited by PowerfulShake; 02-17-2017 at 12:33 AM.

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

Status

Ayumi Kurihara's retired now. She's the wife of YOSHI-HASHI from NJPW. She's legit as fook. Quite an interesting person too. First match I saw of hers was against Yuzupon. Some good shit.
    Oh really how did that match go?

Real Women of Genius

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    Oh really how did that match go?
    have a watch for yourself and you tell me, I thought it was good. I don't even think Yuzupon was 20 matches into her career yet at this point either Stardom had only debuted around 4-5 months earlier.

Spoiler:

POWERFUL RANGERS

Zero
    Silk
    Shake
    Benwah
    HoHo

Status

Arisa Nakajima vs Kana[JWP Openweight Title Match][ [8/18/13]

Best Friends make the Best Enemies match it seems. What I'm waiting for for Yoko Bito and Kairi Hojo to have happen to them down the line as Tag Team Champs, it was done here. From the clips they showed me you see both ladies were friends and somehow their egos got in the way. As for most teams or friendships it comes down to which lady was the better Wrestler for the team. I was a little shocked to see Kana come into the Ring with Clown Makeup is it like the Great Muta to where the Makeup shows I'm going to be more evil than my normal self like with Kana? Let's talk about this right now why I love Joshi Wrestling so much, yeah I'm attracted to some of the ladies in Joshi, but the main reason why I love it is the real Wrestling. I mean in this match you feel the anger between Kana and Nakajima both are slapping the shit outta each other with great pleasure. You won't see this stiffness in America to this degree which is why I love it so much. If either of them would of knocked the other's teeth out, it would of been even better for the business in the words of Bully Ray.

I would for Arisa being the JWP Opeweight champion at that time, she must of felt like I'm the damn champion and I want to prove I'm one of the best as well. I would imagine Kana was one of her toughest challengers she ever had to face not just in her career, but for the title itself. Their was a spot where Arisa had Kana in a heel hook type of submission similar to what Styles's does and damn if I didn't believe Nakajima could of snapped Kana's foot in pieces. I didn't see that ending coming, made me think of Asuka'a match with Bayley for the NXT Women's Title if you get my drift, but I imagine they had future matches with each other? Hey guys theirs a gif of Kana spitting out blood during a entrance for a match, anyone know that match I'm talking about?

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information