Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NXT TakeOver: San Antonio - January 28, 2017 - Card & Discussion

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: NXT TakeOver: San Antonio - January 28, 2017 - Card & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    This is a correct assumption. Sorry for snapping at you, Kenneth.
    Sorry if I appeared sassy, tis my nature.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Biff versus Bate should be a fun one. Biff has been a great hand for putting of talent for the company.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Shit Into The Fire

Status
      Country                    England

For a show with very little buzz, this really delivered:

Tye/Young was a decent opener. Tye is someone you can put in the ring with anyone and you'll get a solid match and crowd interest out of it as seen by his last two Takeover matches with Roode and Young. Unless Tye's gonna go on a big match winning run and challenge Roode for the title at a future takeover, I see no point in him staying in NXT. His act is at it's peak overness, he'd do well on either brand's midcard and they have the perfect (10) opportunity to debut this weekend. Forget Shinsuke, Joe and Asuka, Tye is who the trigger should be pulled on this weekend (well Joe too because there's nothing left in NXT for Joe).

Roddy Vs Almas was very good, the heel turn really has helped out Almas but he still seems short of being a star on NXT, I think the lack of big wins really goes against him. Roddy's always going to get over through his hard work in ring, there's no question of that, but they've given him nothing to stand out like a star really.

Tag match was great and my MOTN. They played up to the strengths of AOP and their weaknesses were exposed in kayfabe for Gargano and Ciampa to have some hope spots on. Ciampa has one hell of a hot tag on him, he got a standing ovation for clearing house. The deadlift submission breakup and the running kicks into powerbomb counters were awesome. I predicted a DIY retain but as the match went on I realised I was wrong because what do you book for Orlando with DIY overcoming Revival and AOP before then.

Rollins interruption was GREAT. I didn't think of that as a possibility, but Rollins going to the one event he knows Triple H would be at was fantastic. I do wonder wtf Rollins will do tonight because he's not in any matches. Maybe another callout.

The women's match was pretty good, well laid out match, Royce and Kay teamed up to good effect and Nikki felt like the breakout star. Surprised we didn't get a spot where Peyton laid down for Billie or vice versa, because there was never any hints at turning on each other and they would of gone ahead as co-champions, so why didn't they just think of pinning each other. I felt like the end was a little rushed, think it needed an Asuka nearfall to take it to the next level. Felt a little anti-climatic.

The main event took a while to get going, there weren't doing much to win me over, basic stuff really. It improved as it went along and the closing 5 minutes were excellent and helped to crown a new champion while protecting the old one. Shinsuke's selling of the knee was flawless and really played into Roode's sick side to target the knee for the win. I feel like it's obvious they go down the Nakamura/Ohno route for Orlando but anything you come up with for Roode's opponent feels really underwhelming by comparison, probably gonna be Roddy.

Finally, did anyone see who photobombed Tyler Bate's crowd shot:
    Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Lol at Riddle.

If he ever gets to WWE, he's probably going to have to set aside a massive chunk of his yearly salary to pay weed fines.

Interesting you bring up Ohno/Nakamura, Ed. You don't see Nakamura in the title picture at all? I feel like, having lost due to injury more or less, it's set up for a rematch down the line. Maybe the story can continue on the main roster but feel like there's a thread there and it'll probably be tied up before Nakamura moves on. Then again, depends on whether you think Nakamura is a post Mania call up or not.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Shit Into The Fire

Status

Because I feel like DIY/AOP are gonna have a rematch for the tag titles, they might not double up on the rematches and maybe try to fit Roode/Nakamura for a regular episode of NXT in Feb sometime. Who knows you might be right because the injury angle can lead to a rematch, but I think they want to push the boat out for mania and will put on a first time ever match between Ohno and Nakamura and use the NXT title to elevate Roode and whoever his opponent is.

I feel like Nakamura's nailed on for a post-mania Raw callup

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Just finished watching, and whilst the storytelling wasn't the best at times, the in-ring work was pretty damn decent.

EY/Tye was a solid effort. SaNiTy worked the numbers game well, and the finish to the match was nicely done. Whilst it would have been nice to see Tye go out with a win, he's more than served his time in NXT and deserves a chance at the main roster, if it happens tonight or not is debatable.

Strong/Almas was hard hitting and I was pleasantly surprised at the match. Almas has recently started to show he is a very good worker so that's a massive plus for NXT. I liked the backbreaker to the top turnbuckle spot too.

Whilst i'm not sure if putting the titles on AOP straight away is the right thing to do long term, it was by far and aware their best showing to date. I'd like to think the rematch will have a gimmick attached to it that would conceivably give #DIY a chance at winning, but you can't win them all. AOP still need a bit of seasoning down in NXT before they hit the main roster, but they probably only need another year tops.

The womens match was fine. It wasn't brilliant but it wasn't poor either. I'm really surprised they allowed the table spot where Cross went through the table, but it certainly added to the match. It's obviously heading towards Askuka vs Moon WM weekend.

The main event was superb. I'm not even sure if the injury is legit or just amazing selling from Nakamura either way the match truly delivered. I'd love to see them have the rematch at the next Takeover event, I don't care if that means Nakamura doesn't hit the main roster yet, as to be honest I don't see where he has a spot on the main roster at the moment.

Not the best Takeover ever, but still a good 7.5 or 8 out of 10 for me.
    I have a plan so cunning......

[Blank Space]

Status

Solid show.

Everything was good at the very least. Tye is a great opening act, I just hope those clamouring for a main roster call up remember that when he isn't winning titles left & right. Young wining was a bit puzzling with the main event result, would have been nice for Tye to finally get a big win before a call up but I guess that could be what Orlando is for.

Roddy/Almas was a great match, the lack of story & therefore heat behind it stopped it being elevated to MOTN status but that at least makes me hopeful that they've got an even better match in their future.

Tag match was MOTN easy. Love how all the big #DIY matches have interwoven stories to them. Thought Ciampa taking the fall was a nice touch too, Gargano losing would have made it too easy to bring back the tension from #DIY from before Toronto. Now it's a united front heading to Orlando to figure out how to conquer the Author's. Like the match before, I think the inevitable rematch could be even better.

The Rollins segment was a pleasant surprise & made a shocking amount of sense for WWE. Kudos.

Women's title match started well, had a great story, then just sorta ended suddenly. Needed to go longer to make it actually seem like Asuka could lose the match. Still, and appreciated the structure of what they attempted, & it saved the potentially great Asuka/Cross match for another day.

Main was another solid outing, and was better than I was expecting. Nak dropping the belt again seems weird.

Feel like the last couple of Takeover's haven't quite reached that plateau we've come to expect, but I come away from this one happier as I feel a lot of good ground work going forward was laid. I'm already looking forward to the WM weekend show, and there's not even a card in place yet.

RED

Status
      Country                    Greece

Now I get why they call Roderick Strong the messiah of the backbreaker. xD

Very solid show overall. The NXT Championship is finally GLORIOUS and this could be the beggining of a new chapter for NXT. Really impressed by The Authors of Pain as well. The tag team championship match was way better than I thought it would be.

#WC4Horsemen

RED

Status
      Country                    Greece

Also, if neither Royce nor Kaye cared who was the actual winner in the fatal 4 way match, why didn't one of them just lay down so the other could get the pinfall?

#WC4Horsemen

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

That would be too logical....
    I have a plan so cunning......

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

Finally finished the show. This show overdelivered for such little buzz it got. Tye/EY was a surprisingly fun opener. Felt like a sprint at times which I wasn't expecting at all. I thought the finish was fine as well. Tye was too wrapped up in eliminating the rest of Sanity and paid the price for it. There's a few things you can do with Tye right now. You can copy the Sami Zayn road to redemption and have him knock off Roode's reign by the end of the summer or fall. Then give him a short reign and have him pop up on the main roster by the end of the year. Or you can just go all in tonight and have him pop up on a brand's midcard this week.

Roddy/Almas was great. Almas has the feel of a superstar but the pool is a little crowded at the moment, especially with an upper card heel getting the victory the match before.

DIY/AOP was great. My match of the night and I dug the title switch. AOP have overexceled in their roles. Ciampa really shined in this match as well. I agree with whoever said #DIY tell great stories under pressure and we could see them dethrone AOP in Orlando.

That was the best use of Rollins in the last two or so years. Killer segment.

Thought the women's match was the weakest of the night but was still fine. Felt a little dumb at times and questioned a few sequences. Great coming out party for Nikki Cross though. Asukas felt a little disappointing lately.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Tranquilo!

Status

Pretty sure I mentioned it earlier in this thread but Asuka's constantly had weird Takeover matches. Outside her match with Emma at London I feel all her Takeover matches have been a slight let down, Even both her matches with Bayley.

#RIPDaryl

Status

She's definitely not been at her best in NXT. Might just be a case of her style not meshing well with the others. But from what i've seen of her pre-WWE, I think WWE might have signed her just as she had peaked. Her matches aren't overwhelmingly great, just usually solid and enjoyable.

I am confident that if she works with Moon or Cross in a one on one program, they can create a really good match. Cross in particular.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Shit Into The Fire

Status

I think it's a combination of the 2015 NXT women's matches raising the bar to such a high standard of super competitive, unpredictable matches and her booking making her a dominant champion that mean people go into matches expecting her to retain and there's not much opportunity to doubt the result or be drawn in by an upset. At no point last night did I doubt she wasn't walking out with the belt, and that's been a common theme in her matches.

None of her matches have been bad and most of them are very good, other than a couple of the Charlotte/Sasha matches, nothing else on the main roster can touch Asuka's work since she's been champion. What I really like about them is how different they are, the Bayley matches she was teetering on a heel role against the ultimate underdog, the Nia Jax match she was chopping down the monster heel, in Mickie James match she played mind games against a veteran and last night she survived three ladies at the same time. There's not many girls there that can work a hard hitting joshi style so I'll take this as the alternative.

Thread Information