Thread: RIP Rick Parfitt

Ole!

Status

RIP Rick Parfitt

So sad

Quote Originally Posted by StatusQuo.com
    Statement from The Parfitt Family & Status Quo Manager, Simon Porter.

We are truly devastated to have to announce that Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt has passed away at lunchtime today.

He died in hospital in Marbella, Spain as a result of a severe infection, having been admitted to hospital on Thursday evening following complications to a shoulder injury incurred by a previous fall.

This tragic news comes at a time when Rick was hugely looking forward to launching a solo career with an album and autobiography planned for 2017 following his departure from Status Quo’s touring activities on medical advice.

He will be sorely missed by his family, friends, fellow band members, management, crew and his dedicated legion of fans from throughout the world, gained through 50 years of monumental success with Status Quo.

Rick is survived by his wife Lyndsay, their twins Tommy and Lily and Rick’s adult children Rick Jnr and Harry.

No further comment will be made at this time and Rick's family, and the band, ask for their privacy to be respected at this difficult time.
    Wasn't quite the same when i saw them last weekend but still remember the gigs i was at when i saw them, 2016 sucks huge balls

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Re: RIP Rick Parfitt

Was only joking around last night that the Grim Reaper has 1 week left to cap off his haul with a bang.

RIP, they weren't The Who, but the Quo have a place in British rock and roll history.

Ole!

Status

Still couldn't believe they actually played Download a few years back and i was down the front

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    England

Clearly the reaper was annoyed with Carrie Fishers stubbornness and chose another victim instead.

RIP

Thread Information