Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WC's Fave Five Albums of 2016

stressed but chillin

Status

Re: WC's Fave Five Albums of 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    It took me a while to get used to the jarring production and voice of Danny Brown but I'm finally sold. It probably could've gone in above Vic or Vince's EP's but I'm glad to see it get some love. A Tribe Called Quest is obviously pretty great too, so another album I'm happy to see up there.
    Listen to XXX and Old if you haven't already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler:

stressed but chillin

Status

Time to reveal the three albums that tied for the 4 spot.

4T. David Bowie - Blackstar - 70 points (Cocksatron #1, Peepshow #4)

4T. A Day To Remember - Bad Vibrations - 70 points (Peepshow #2 Jimmy King #3)

4T. Frank Ocean - Blonde - 70 points (CaptainC #1, Cocksatron #4)

I'd link another Frank video, but there's really none on YouTube, and I think Nikes was the only thing uploaded to Vimeo. The album as a whole is worth several listens though and I especially recommend the tracks Ivy, Nights, Solo (Reprise), and Solo.

Also, as we begin to wind down and I go through all of my favorite albums from this past year, I'm actually mad that I left off Blank Face.

Spoiler:

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Solo (Reprise) and White Ferrari are my favorite from Blonde. Another great album from this year. No shame putting it first.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Danny Brown with the rap album of the year imo.

Blackstar was good but there honestly isn't much re-listening value to it to me. Blonde is okay, a bit disappointing to me.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Jimmy King knows what's up as usual. Bad Vibrations is probably my favorite ADTR album since Homesick. So good. Paranoia rocks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    Jimmy King knows what's up as usual. Bad Vibrations is probably my favorite ADTR album since Homesick. So good. Paranoia rocks.
    Yeah, this album is really good, I like it a lot. Naivety is another good track from it. Homesick is pretty rad too, and I also like What Seperates Me From You.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

stressed but chillin

Status

I will reveal number 1 and 2 later, our third place album from 2016 is....

3. Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels 3 - 80 points (Booty #1, CaptainC #3)

There isn't much to be said about RTJ that hasn't already been said. They gifted us RTJ3 on Christmas and fucking killed it again.

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I like RTJ3 but I think it might be the weakest of the trilogy so far.

Still great though.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

stressed but chillin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    I like RTJ3 but I think it might be the weakest of the trilogy so far.

Still great though.
    I'm still not sure on how I'd rank them at the moment. I may have a recency bias for it, so that may be why I not be willing to have it as a the lesser of the 3 right now. I'll probably settle on it in another month or two.

Time to reveal our top 2 albums that you (and me) all voted or didn't vote for.

2. Childish Gambino - Awaken, My Love! - 110 points (Luke Cage #1, Nicky #2, CaptainC #4)

1. Metallica - Hardwired... to Self-Destruct - 150 points (Mikk #1, Ed #1, Jimmy King #1)

Really nice to see Gambino's first non-rap album get plenty of love. I wasn't sure what type of album to expect up until he released the first two singles and I loved it immediately after the first listen. I technically had it listed as my 4th, but 2, 3, and 4 were all real toss ups for me between this project, RTJ 3, and Atrocity Exhibition.

As for the Metallica album, I didn't get it a ton of attention which is unusual because of how much of a Metallica mark I am. Still, it's nice to see them return to form after that Lulu album.

Thanks to everyone that participated in this and if I'm alive and still active at the end of this year I'd like to do this again. Here's to hoping we get another year filled with an abundance of great music again.

Spoiler:

Ole!

Status

Atlas, Rise! is by far the best song on that album and overall is a great album.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I actually enjoyed Awaken, My Love probably more than every other Gambino album. Redbone might be my song of the year too. The only song I wasn't really into on the album was California. Other than than, really good composition.

Wasn't too impressed by the production of Hardwired. Their mixing guy for their last two albums deserves to be sent to a deserted island.
    -------
    Spoiler:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status

It took a few listens but Hardwired really grew on me and it instantly became my album of the year. Am I Savage and Now That We're Dead are other solid tracks from the album that I really like.

I'm not sure how I feel about Gambino's album. I like him but I wasn't sure about this latest one, maybe I'll give it another listen before I fully judge it. Top notch job on running this Cap, thanks!

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Ambidextrous Birdcatcher

Status

WC's Fave Five Albums of 2016

Big to Ed, Jimmy and Mikk!

Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

YES. Thought Metallica had a good chance of winning what with recency bias and being a big release in the year. I love the album (got the 3 CD set naturally) and have loved the new songs, Spit Out The Bone is awesome. Dream No More is probably the only song I'm not that keen on. The last two albums have been mixed a lot better than St. Anger, not sure what Nicky's on about there.

Deftones had a strong chance of being my #1, but I didn't fancy it's chances of getting voted by anyone else. deftones are one of the few bands from that nu-metal era of late 90s/early 00s that evolved and are arguably better than they were back then. Gore and Koi No Yokan certainly push White Pony for best Deftones album, plus they have Jerry Cantrell on Phantom Bride.

I really didn't like 'I'm with you', so The Getaway was a nice return to form for RHCP I thought.

I actually liked Sinnergod's album more than The Getaway, probably should of put that at #3. They're a gothic, synthy band from Wigan in England that Tommy introduced me to and I enjoyed their release more than any other from these shores in 2016. CaptainC actually listed my least favourite track from the album, give The Endless or Supernatural a listen if you're interested.

I wanted to show a bit of love for instrumental music at #5, and after Russian Circles didn't rock my socks off this year I thought I'd pop in one of Buckethead's more chilled out pikes.

The closest anything from someone else's lists came to mine was Thrice that I think Peep had down. Black Honey was certainly one of my favourite tracks of the year.

Ole!

Status

Thats right, me, Ed & Jimmy are the realest g's in the room, how you doin'

Thread Information