Thread: WWE NXT Discussion: December 21st, 2016

Pony Mod

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Australia

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion: December 21st, 2016

WWE NXT preview: Fatal 4-Way Match to determine NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura’s next challenger
    A new challenger to the coveted NXT Championship will be determined this Wednesday in a No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Match as Bobby Roode, Andrade Almas, Roderick Strong and Tye Dillinger battle it out in a highly-anticipated showdown.

With NXT Champion Shinsuke Nakamura having successfully defended his title against Samoa Joe inside a Steel Cage in Melbourne, Australia, the search is on to see who will step forward as the title’s newest No. 1 contender.

Last week, Bobby Roode, Roderick Strong, Andrade Almas and Tye Dillinger all advanced in their qualifying matches and will be competing in this Wednesday’s No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Match. One of these Superstars will be given a golden opportunity to challenge The King of Strong Style for the NXT Championship. But, which of these highly talented Superstars will win the right to face Nakamura for the prized title?

Roode, Strong, Almas and Dillinger all are enormously talented and would make a worthy challenger to Nakamura’s title, but only one will advance to NXT’s main event stage.

See who will become the new No. 1 Contender to the NXT Championship, this Wednesday at 8/7 C, only on WWE Network.

Daria Berenato looks to hurt Billie Kay in a head-to-head showdown
    To say Daria Berenato is not happy with Billie Kay and Peyton Royce would be an understatement. The former MMA grappler is looking for payback after the mean-spirited Australians turned their backs on her a few weeks ago amid their Six-Woman Tag Team Match.

Now, as she put it last week, Berenato wants to hurt them. The determined fighter will get a chance to do just that when she collides with Kay in what is sure to be a heated fight. Despite Berenato’s readiness to bring the pain, Kay is not an easy opponent. The leggy former basketball player has been on a roll as of late in singles competition, plus there’s always a good chance Royce will be standing at ringside, ready to interject herself into the fray.

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Re: WWE NXT Discussion: December 21st, 2016

TEN TEN TEN TEN TEN

PLS

But for real, any of the 4 would be good/great
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Canada

Bet The House on Roode.

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by TCON View Post
    Bet The House on Roode.
    The House is going to win hopefully tonight. Roode vs Nakamura could be some damn special entertaining matches and promos against each other. I mean Roode dealt with Joker Sting in TNA, I can think he can handle Nakamura and his antics.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Really good main event, I thought.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status
      Country                    Canada

Very good show overall

Women's match helped to continue a storyline.
    Rezar & Akam continue to look unstoppable
    The Main event was very good.Despite it being obvious that Roode would win going in, Dillenger actually made be believe for a few fleeting moments that he could have won.

Still Kicking It

Status
      Country                    United States

Seeing the bigger picture where Tye is concerned. He's already had two losses to Roode so if Tye does fight him for the NXT Championship, there's already had that strong storyline going in. Tye could win that title around WrestleMania weekend or MITB weekend. His build couldn't have gone more perfectly, starting innocently enough with Roode asking him to be his partner for the Dusty Rhodes Classic, then leading to that breakout match at Toronto.

The Fatal 4 way did surprise me though. You usually don't see four guys work together to create that much storytelling or psychology. Usually it breaks down into a spotfest, which is a testament to all four guys, including Almas and Roddy, who I hope find their place in NXT.

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

Still catching up on NXT. Look at me, a week behind. Ain't I cool.

- Man, I godamned love Daria’s music. I make sandwiches to this music and it feels majestic. Green or not – and don’t get me wrong, she’s greener then wet grass even if she did show some signs of improvement here – I still want her to succeed, a bit due to the music, and due to how differently she presents herself.

That said, Billie Kay & Peyton Royce’s New-BFFs are the best. And they’re calling out Asuka, too! Man, that Royce/Kay/Asuka triple-threat shouldn’t be too far away, I hope.

- I’m pretty sure one of the guys Authors of Pain are facing here is Pre-American Alpha Jason Jordan. He even has the same tights. Ouch on the referee stoppage finish, looks like one of the dudes landed awkwardly on the other. On the plus side it does make the AoP look all that more dominating, so… yay?

- I don’t think anyone was notable surprised with Roode winning, but damn was that four-way a fun way to get there. Everyone looked great, everyone worked together, and it worked perfectly. Bummed that Tye lost again, but at this point they’re playing the long-game Sami Zayn route with him, I’d hope.

Thread Information