Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Silk Loves Video Games (Ask Silk?)

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Silk Loves Video Games (Ask Silk?)

Frackychan, what are your favorite PSP (original, not vita) games if you have/had one? And what are some of your favorite games based on movies?
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vayne View Post
    Frackychan, what are your favorite PSP (original, not vita) games if you have/had one? And what are some of your favorite games based on movies?
    Birth by Sleep is probably my go-to, since it's one of the best games in the series, if not THE best. Motorstorm: Arctic Edge was also one I went back to a lot, I feel like that series is really underrated as a whole. And Daxter was really good too.

Best games based on movies, I mean, Spider-Man 2 is definitely in that conversation. Aladdin on the SNES is one I revisit pretty frequently, big fan of that one. Oh and I probably like the LOTR games significantly better than I do the movies

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Jobber

Status
      Country                    Canada

Will you be hopping on the Paragon train when it goes competitive?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by mK Reign View Post
    Will you be hopping on the Paragon train when it goes competitive?
    Unlikely, I played a few games and it didn't hook me. I'm out of the MOBA game.

WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Birth by Sleep is probably my go-to, since it's one of the best games in the series, if not THE best. Motorstorm: Arctic Edge was also one I went back to a lot, I feel like that series is really underrated as a whole. And Daxter was really good too.

Best games based on movies, I mean, Spider-Man 2 is definitely in that conversation. Aladdin on the SNES is one I revisit pretty frequently, big fan of that one. Oh and I probably like the LOTR games significantly better than I do the movies
    The Hobbit on Apple II was a brilliant game, also there have been many many amazing LOTR games. Though, one I never got into, was LOTRO.

These are my two favorite LOTR games. Then again, they predate the movies..so..I guess it's not really entirely "Movie based". But there's a movie of it, so...shh.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J.R.R....90_video_game)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ho...82_video_game)

As for PSP, agreed entirely. And I would argue, it is indeed the best of the series.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

People's Champion

Status

I have been checking out Binding of Issac Rebirth. It looks a lot like a zelda game. I'm thinking of buying it.

Would you recommend it? It's 6 bucks on steam what kind of game should i expect?

Ever play Ys Oath of Felghana? (Or any of the Ys games for that matter) If not, you should check it out. I'd like to hear your thoughts on it

No One

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    I have been checking out Binding of Issac Rebirth. It looks a lot like a zelda game. I'm thinking of buying it.

Would you recommend it? It's 6 bucks on steam what kind of game should i expect?

Ever play Ys Oath of Felghana? (Or any of the Ys games for that matter) If not, you should check it out. I'd like to hear your thoughts on it
    Not to hijack Silks but Binding of Isaac is a roguelite. Randomly generated dungeons appear and you go around killing enemies in a top down twin shooter esque way, grabbing items that will give you different "boosts" to help you beat bosses/enemies and move on to the next level. The fun is the gameplay evidently, the different power combos you can build and actually beating the 5 or so randomly generated level. Ive seen youtubers with series of 500+ 40 minute playthroughs so if you get addicted you could really get into it. And by randomly i meant procedurally above.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Positive Jon View Post
    Not to hijack Silks but Binding of Isaac is a roguelite. Randomly generated dungeons appear and you go around killing enemies in a top down twin shooter esque way, grabbing items that will give you different "boosts" to help you beat bosses/enemies and move on to the next level. The fun is the gameplay evidently, the different power combos you can build and actually beating the 5 or so randomly generated level. Ive seen youtubers with series of 500+ 40 minute playthroughs so if you get addicted you could really get into it. And by randomly i meant procedurally above.
    So the game is 40 mins long?

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=9782

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

No One

Status

Its a game you endlessly replay. How long to beat type stuff doesnt appropriately work with this game since its not meant to be a game you complete once and do away with. Furthermore, 40-60 minutes might be the time it takes to complete it but youll probably doe a bazillion times before you actually beat it. Theres no saves so you restart with a completely new dungeon and fresh character when you die.

People's Champion

Status

Hmmm. I'm either going to buy Issac or Ys Origin. Both games look great but Ys has cooler bosses it seems. But Issac is cheaper. Maybe I'll get both.

Thanks for the HLTB link and in depth description.

I highly recommend Ys Oath in Felghana. Described as zelda on crack. From what I have played so far is pretty great. I haven't done crack though but it does resemble zelda
    Last edited by indyfan; 06-18-2017 at 02:49 PM.

Status

Rebirth is one of my favorite games of all time and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Tap Tap Tap

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Rebirth is one of my favorite games of all time and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Tap Tap Tap
    I'll buy it tonight. I have 2 hours to try it anyway if it ends up not being my cup of tea

You should check out the Ys series.

Status

I'm gonna bump my own stupid thread just to say I've been playing a bit if Sea of Thieves and I can confidently say it is the worst AAA first party game from either of the big three in a long time. Genuinely awful mess of a game that makes No Man's Sky look like a damn masterpiece.

Okay that might be pushing it. They both exist in the same realm of big empty disappointing shit games.

Taptalmatic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

Nms is decent

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    Nms is decent

Don't say that, you'll summon Natty to ruin my thread with an impassioned, overlong response about why it sucks.

Tbh both games suffer from by and large the same problem. An initially exciting bit of exploration before you realize every inch of the game is identical, the gameplay loop is tragically boring, and even with a friend you'd quickly realize there's really nothing to do and no reason to do anything.

But I like No Man's Sky a bit more because you can at least see that they TRIED to be ambitious. Sea of Thieves is so clearly just a lazy, lazy fucking game that they figured they could get away with it because HEY BE A PIRATE WITH YOUR FRIENDS. Sadly that very thing has bought it a little more goodwill than it deserves but time is gonna turn on this shitty game.

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

God's Gift to God

Status

Nms wasn't what everyone thought it would be and there was definitely some awful misleading from the developer. As presented it was still a unique little title. The boredom factor sets in within a few hours and when I revisit the game I always start over because there isn't any tangible progress being tracked.

But hopping planets and exploring is fun for what it is before the tedious stuff sets in. This next update is going to be huge and I'm optimistic.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    Nms wasn't what everyone thought it would be and there was definitely some awful misleading from the developer. As presented it was still a unique little title. The boredom factor sets in within a few hours and when I revisit the game I always start over because there isn't any tangible progress being tracked.

But hopping planets and exploring is fun for what it is before the tedious stuff sets in. This next update is going to be huge and I'm optimistic.
    whats the next update big dog

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

God's Gift to God

Status

They haven't said yet. They announced it for Xbox alongside the update.

I'm going to guess actual co-op elements alongside a more cohesive narrative with actual progression on top of enhanced visuals. That's strictly my guess and not based off anything. Probably some better building as well.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

No Man's Sky wasn't what it was supposed to be because all the original work put in on the game was lost in a flood and they had to start from the ground up. I don't mind NMS but it was a tad overhyped, but fans should have taken into account that starting over from the ground up is not a fun experience for a dev.

You can hate the game, but cut the devs a lot of slack for unfortunate circumstances.

Thread Information