Thread: WWE NXT Discussion: December 14th, 2016

Pony Mod

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    Australia

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion: December 14th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    WWE NXT preview, Dec. 14, 2016: Nakamura & Samoa Joe clash in Steel Cage showdown
    The NXT Championship is on the line, as Shinsuke Nakamura starts his second reign as champion by defending against Samoa Joe inside an unforgiving Steel Cage. See who walked out of Australia as the NXT Champion, tonight at 8/7 C, only on WWE Network!

The King of Strong Style’s second reign as NXT Champion kicks off in vicious fashion, as he defends the title against Samoa Joe inside a Steel Cage.

Last week, Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Joe in his home country of Japan to reclaim the title, leaving Joe fuming and promising to unleash caged fury in Melbourne, Australia, when they clashed this past Thursday inside the unforgiving steel structure. What happened Down Under with the NXT Title when Nakamura and Joe wrote the next painful chapter in their storied rivalry? Find out when exclusive footage of this battle airs tonight at 8/7 C, exclusively on WWE Network!

Tye Dillinger vs. Eric Young (No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Qualifying Match)
    While Nakamura and Samoa Joe settle their score, the NXT Champion’s next challenger will be determined in a tournament over the next few weeks on NXT. Four qualifying matches will take place this Wednesday on WWE Network, with the winners meeting in a Fatal 4-Way Match to determine the No. 1 Contender to the NXT Title.

The first qualifying match features Tye Dillinger squaring off with the unhinged leader of SAnitY, Eric Young. The Perfect 10 has hit a rough patch in recent weeks, feeling like he didn’t belong in NXT. However, Dillinger’s confidence received a boost when NXT General Manager William Regal asked him to be a part of this tournament.

There’s also extra incentive for Dillinger in this match, as he has craved for the chance to get payback against SAnitY. Young and his chaotic crew made their NXT debut against Dillinger & Bobby Roode in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic this past October, demolishing The Perfect 10 after Roode ditched him. Can Dillinger get retribution, or will chaos continue to reign for SAnitY?

No Way Jose vs. Andrade “Cien” Almas (No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Qualifying Match)
    The tournament to crown a new No. 1 Contender to the NXT Championship continues with No Way Jose and Andrade “Cien” Almas facing off in a qualifying match.

Since his arrival in NXT earlier this year, No Way Jose has cemented himself as a fan favorite among the NXT Universe, always ready to start a fiesta on a moment’s notice. However, the Dominican dancer has shown that he has a fiery temper and is ready for a fight if someone crosses him.

Cien has turned over a new leaf in recent weeks, showing a dastardlier side in the squared circle. Will that pay off for him and bring him a step closer to NXT’s top prize, or will No Way Jose boogie toward the NXT Championship?

Roderick Strong vs. Elias Samson (No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Qualifying Match)
    Two of NXT’s rising stars will collide in the third qualifying contest for the NXT Championship No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way, when Roderick Strong meets “The Drifter” Elias Samson.

Strong is the latest among NXT’s high-profile free agent signings, and he made an immediate impact upon his debut, joining forces with Austin Aries in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. However, it’s now “Roddy vs. The World,” and Strong’s end goal is capturing the NXT Championship.

His opponent is just as hungry for success, however. Samson had been sidelined since June with an ankle injury, only making “The Return” last month. Yet, “The Drifter” has made it clear that the NXT Title needs to be in his possession. Can he succeed in becoming the No. 1 Contender, or will Strong power his way toward the Fatal 4-Way?

Oney Lorcan vs. Bobby Roode (No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Qualifying Match)
    The final qualifying match for the NXT Championship No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way sees the upstart Oney Lorcan battling the undefeated Bobby Roode.

The hard-hitting Lorcan has made waves since his debut, showing off an array of bruising strikes which even earned him the opportunity to compete on SmackDown LIVE.

The Superstar standing across from him won’t be just any ordinary athlete, though; he’ll be glorious! Bobby Roode has yet to lose in singles competition, which may serve as extra motivation for the Boston brawler he’s squaring off against.

Will Lorcan catapult himself into the NXT Championship picture, or will Bobby Roode make sure his win-loss record in NXT remains glorious? Find out this Wednesday at 8/7 C, only on WWE Network!

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

Re: WWE NXT Discussion: December 14th, 2016

So, catching up on the few weeks of NXT I’ve missed, I’ve noticed one thing: Apparently no-one watched the December 14th edition of NXT.

Then again, opening it with another Nakamura/Joe encounter, in a cage match with atrocious editing, couldn’t have helped that much. I heard the match itself from a live perspective was great, but this was edited to hell and back. Nothing against either guy, of course, but I’ve had enough Joe/Nakamura matches to last me for a while. Thankfully, all signs point to this being the feud ender.

At least the Fatal-Four-Way qualifiers were pretty fun, for the most part, even if they all felt a bit shorter than they could’ve been. Then again, if I wanted to watch longer versions of these, that’d mean the Joe/Nakamura cage match would’ve been edited with a pair of scissors even moreso and I don’t think I want to live through that. Hell, just cut the cage match all together, give the four-way qualifiers actual time to do stuff, and maybe people would’ve actually commented on the episode. To recap:

- Dillinger/Young was going fine, all up Dillinger’s alley which is a surprising chance from the norm, then the DQ ending came about because idk, Sanity’s less sane than the name implies, and Eric Young’s apparently okay with losing a championship opportunity thanks to his own teammates. Meanwhile, Not-Bull-Dempsey Big Damo strikes again, so Sanity still have something of a story without having to be in the four-way. Yay.

- Jose/Almas was surprisingly solid, and with a fair bit of time I feel like the two could have an absolute corker of a match. I want a gif of Almas’ post-match pose, that’s smug as hell. His heel turn is working wonders for him right now.

- Elias Samson’s a godamned heat machine, even moreso now that it seems he’s purposefully playing an untuned guitar, and I love him for it. Plus he’s not working at negative twenty miles per hour anymore, so that’s a bonus. Roddy Strong’s lacking any notable character or character-like traits. Like, damn, even TM-61 have more character than Roddy Strong. Was hoping for a Samson win to take the title away from Nakamura for all the heat in the world, plus I’m pretty sure Ed would’ve kicked his door down to go beat up some buskers if that happened.

- Roode/Lorcan was also pretty alright, no surprise. I doubt anyone was surprised Roode got the win, but man do I wish Lorcan and his D&D name got a few more opportunities every now and then.

Thread Information