Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What Culture Pro Wrestling Thread (WCPW)

Cutest Gay in the Room

Status
      Country                    England

WCPW What Culture Pro Wrestling Thread (WCPW)

For those who don't know, What Culture Pro Wrestling is a fairly new promotion that is streamed online Youtube, they've already managed to have stars such as Kurt Angle, Matt Hardy, Bully Ray, Cody Rhodes, Drew McIntyre, Bret Hart and Jim Ross make appearances as well as having a rather talented roster in Joe Hendry, Primate, Prospect, Joseph Conners, Jay Lethal and El Ligero to name a few.

Just wondered who here watches the show and what your thoughts are towards the show?

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: What Culture Pro Wrestling Thread (WCPW)

WCPW is terrible and it has nothing to do with their talent. I don't wish them out of business though.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status
      Country                    United States

It has its moments.

Most of the names you mentioned are established workers who did one or two shows. The people they have on a regular basis aren't really all that interesting.

Many of the people that they have doing silly YouTube videos are a part of the shows as characters. This is both good and bad. Some of it has a DIY ethic and ingenuity, but then those same things can make it appear bottom of the barrel, amateurish, and sloppy.

Cutest Gay in the Room

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook The Dumpster Droese View Post
    WCPW is terrible and it has nothing to do with their talent. I don't wish them out of business though.
    WCPW certainly isn't as good as I thought it would be. I don't think terrible is fair, I know you said it has nothing to do with their talent but they can put out the occasional good, if not great match.

Quote Originally Posted by BenWah View Post
    It has its moments.

Most of the names you mentioned are established workers who did one or two shows. The people they have on a regular basis aren't really all that interesting.

Many of the people that they have doing silly YouTube videos are a part of the shows as characters. This is both good and bad. Some of it has a DIY ethic and ingenuity, but then those same things can make it appear bottom of the barrel, amateurish, and sloppy.
    Yeah. Pacitti Club vs. BX shouldn't have spiral'd over to the main show - or at least it should have died out quite soon. That appears to be the general consensus of the show.

Ole!

Status

Looking forward to seeing it in Feb in MK, Del Rio v Angle as the main event should be good.

RIP Bradley

Cutest Gay in the Room

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mikk View Post
    Looking forward to seeing it in Feb in MK, Del Rio v Angle as the main event should be good.
    Ahh that's the True Legacy event right? No one can question the quality of some of the matches!

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    UK

MK is really close to me so I'm considering going to see them. I find their Youtube videos entertaining so not too fussed about the Adams being on the shows as characters.

Ole!

Status

Just gotten back from True Destiny and it was a very good show indeed.

Ospreay vs Ricochet was severely hampered by the top rope breaking 2 mins or so in and them not fixing it till after the match, still a very good contest though.

Angle vs Del Rio was great too as was the ladder match.

RIP Bradley

BTB Legend

Status

Comments

Just gotten back from True Destiny and it was a very good show indeed.

Ospreay vs Ricochet was severely hampered by the top rope breaking 2 mins or so in and them not fixing it till after the match, still a very good contest though.

Angle vs Del Rio was great too as was the ladder match.
    It was a good show. I thought Ospreay and Ricochet kept very composed when the rope broke and they did well to work around and even make the broken ring part of the match. And you could feel the tension in the crowd whenever anyone hit the ropes again because they fully expected the ropes to break again. I wouldn't go so far as to call Angle and Del Rio a great match but it was pretty good, and they both worked hard.

BTB Newcomer of the Year 2012
    BTB of the Year 2012

SAY MY NAME

Status

How was Hendry/Galloway? that was the match I had the most interest in seeing, never seen Hendry in anything so serious.

Ole!

Status

In all fairness, for the amount of talking and promo work before hand, it felt like the first time they'd met not the last, was 0 intensity and when the pin happened it was like "Was that it?"

RIP Bradley

Status

I checked out the Ospreay/Ricochet match. Definite bummer the ropes broke. Will seemed convincingly pissed off about it, but he was also heeling it up. I liked the way Striker and JR played through it. Still enjoyable.

BTB Legend

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    How was Hendry/Galloway? that was the match I had the most interest in seeing, never seen Hendry in anything so serious.
    The best way to describe that match would be the best way to describe most of the matches; everyone involved decided they were going to work hard enough to hit the *** mark or thereabouts but no harder. Nobody slacked off at all, and everyone worked fairly hard up and down the card, but it was very clear that nobody was busting their tail to have the best match they could.

My only real complaint was that there were an awful lot of spots in the matches where it was made very obvious that the wrestlers had literally practiced the match out and one guy was left waiting in position for the other guy to catch up. Surprisingly enough, the match with few if any instances of that was the Will Ospreay vs. Richchet match. Those guys were on point for just about everything, which is especially impressive given they had to work around a broken top rope.

BTB Newcomer of the Year 2012
    BTB of the Year 2012

Ole!

Status

Oh also, Bullet Club are coming to WCPW in March

RIP Bradley

Status

Oh also, Bullet Club are coming to WCPW in March
    I get booking 'them'. It'll bring in the ducats. Good call. But what a troll-bait way of announcing it. No way in hell did they book all 13 whatever members. We'll just assume Cody will be there.

SAY MY NAME

Status

I have to say, Will Ospreay Vs Rey Mysterio from WCPW World Cup round of 16 was pretty darn great. It's free to view on youtube:

head to about 2:55:00

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Mysterio/Ospreay was a surprisingly fun match. Mysterio got into the way back machine and had a fantastic performance with a fellow agile high flyer, which is never Mysterio's strength. Very good stuff. Probably the best match that territory has ever ran. I also thought the post match promo shined in an era of putting people over after matches.

Also quite liked Kushida/ZSJ from the quarterfinals.

Watched both the semi-finals and the final. WCPW, a promotion that will make you say "What If" and not "What's Next" after every show they do.

Kushida/Connors wasn't too bad but I just don't see the appeal in Connors in a major tournament like this and it's hard to ignore the fact that we could have had the 'Battle For Japan' in Takahashi versus Kushida instead of having a plank get carried into a decent match. Don't know why you wouldn't treat these fans to two popular series to open a show. Connors just feels so out of place talent wise though I was surprised with how over he was.

I never want to see a Ricochet/Ospreay match again. They feel parody at this point and bring out the worst in Ricochet and Ospreay, both of whom I've always struggled to grasp with. With that being said, Ospreay selling the kicks and the neck damage at the end and into the beginning of the final was a nice touch.

Final was pretty good. Better than the Super Juniors final. Still a bit ridiculous at times and the finish felt a tad bit underwhelming, but it was still pretty good. I felt like the biggest story of this entire tournament was that this was Ospreay's redemption song. He's turned face again recently and all of his performances leading up to the final put the weight of a country on his shoulders more than anyone else, so I liked Will's resiliency in this case and small things like stopping Bea from ending a tournament with a belt shot. With that said, I think they kind of missed out on cashing in on the most interesting and consistent Ospreay's has been in months and a part of me feels like he should have won this tournament. I won't argue against Kushida because Kushida rules and Will still leaves with a great tournament, but I feel like Ospreay winning could have been one of the biggest moments on the year in pro wrestling. Once again, "what if".

WCPW showing off their budget with a the biggest, shiniest cup you could find
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

I was watching the Mysterio vs Ospreay match and it was alright but what annoyed me was the crowd. They did the yes chant. First, why do the yes chant when Daniel Bryan nor the Yes chant has any affiliation with the company? Why don't this crowd make their own chants and stop trying to be WWE UK, the same with the company itself. Nothing about this company is original. They try and recreate old WWE storylines despite the youtube channel often criticising WWE for doing that. It just annoys me and they have limited interest in building thier own stars just to bring in foreign exports and when they try they don't do anything other then book them to win. They only guy I know that is a star or someone because of WCPW is Marty Kirby.

--Sorry for the rant---
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

The promotion is very flawed but I think a I can put criticism aside for once and say it's actually very impressive that they were able to organize a tournament of this magnitude and for 97% of it to be a success. My hats off to them because they had big time matches, their streams were spot on, and in the end it actually felt like a big achievement that Kushida won. I mean, the only issue is that Elgin got double booked and the qualifying rounds had guys booked while other contracts were being handed out. If those were your only issues and they were long forgotten about in the end, sounds like a success.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

[Infinite Warfare]

Status
      Country                    UK

Re: The Official British Wrestling Discussion Thread

Something to keep an eye on:

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Thread Information