Legit

Status
      Country                    UK

Miracle: The Cesaro Story by TWG

MIRACLE:
    THE CESARO STORY

INTRODUCTION:

Spoiler:

So here goes with my first new project on WC, and my first new one overall for about three years. I was finding it really hard to churn out weekly shows given my work and social commitments, so I realised that I needed to scale things down. I'm not a fan of writing in a recap style, so I initially was going to pick one brand and book just that. However, I've narrowed it down even further to focus on ONE wrestler.

The wrestler I've gone for (if you haven't been able to tell already) is Cesaro.

We're going back all the way to 2012 following Wrestlemania 28, which is when Cesaro was first brought up to the main roster. Just to give a bit of context, the next post will include a summary of his first year on the WWE main roster, including his character and storylines he was involved in. From there, I'll commence my booking of Cesaro from the Raw following Wrestlemania 28. That show is most famous for Brock Lesnar's return, but my aim is to also have it remembered for the debut of one the WWE's stars of the future.

FACTFILE:
    Correct as at 27 April 2012

Name: Cesaro
    Height: 6'5
    Weight: 232lbs
    Alignment: Face

Finishing Move(s):
    Neutralizer; Very European Uppercut

Feuds/Enemies:
    David Otunga; Curt Hawkins & Tyler Reks

Allies:
    Ryback

PPV Appearances:

Spoiler:

Extreme Rules 2012

Steel Cage Match:

Cesaro vs David Otunga

Title Histories:
    TBA

Match Archive:

Last edited by TWG; 06-12-2018 at 06:32 PM.

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Re: Miracle: The Cesaro Story by TWG

Awesome. I'm doing something similar in my project but with a revolving cast. I'll keep my eye on this for sure.

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

Interesting to see this spring up after Tig's. I definitely think it's a good idea for the section to have a few of these knocking around so good luck!
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Maple Leaf Muscle

Status
      Country                    Canada

Always find these kinds of BTBs interesting, best of luck!

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Cesaro is without a doubt a man who has been wasted by the WWE. I can't wait to see you how you shape his career.

Legit

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Awesome. I'm doing something similar in my project but with a revolving cast. I'll keep my eye on this for sure.
    I saw and will be sure to keep an eye on your project too. Corbin is one of my favourites and someone who I was considering for this project.

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Interesting to see this spring up after Tig's. I definitely think it's a good idea for the section to have a few of these knocking around so good luck!
    It was quite a coincidence and almost made me regret not putting this up a week or so ago! I enjoy projects like this and it is an opportunity to improve on character development, which is something that I feel I need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Bananas View Post
    Always find these kinds of BTBs interesting, best of luck!
    Thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Cesaro is without a doubt a man who has been wasted by the WWE. I can't wait to see you how you shape his career.
    I could not agree more, Gambit. There is going to be some similarities but I want to avoid pushing him straight into the World title scene. I'm aiming to build him up slowly and give him a proper character, without having him as a rugby player or being obsessed with America. Glad you'll be reading.

Thanks so much for the comments and well wishing everyone! The next post will be a brief recap of Cesaro's ACTUAL first year in the WWE, which is effectively the bar that I'm trying to jump over in terms of where I take him.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Anxiously waiting to see where you go with this man.

NOW PLAYING IN THE "BE THE BOOKER" SECTION!

Legit

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Charlemm1 View Post
    Anxiously waiting to see where you go with this man.
    Thanks dude!

So, here is a quick summary of how Cesaro's first year on the main roster actually went down:

Cesaro appeared for the first time on Smackdown a few weeks after Wrestlemania and asked for a contract from John Laurinaitis. He was introduced as a friend of Aksana, the then-girlfriend of Teddy Long. Cesaro would make his debut the next week and kiss Aksana in the middle of the ring, ending her relationship with Long.

His gimmick at this time was that he used to serve in the Swiss army, and then became a rugby player before coming to America. He competed in singles competition against random opponents and occasionally teamed with Aksana in mixed tag team matches, both with varying results.

Cesaro scored a couple of victories against the then-United States Champion, Santino Marella, and defeated him to win the title at Summerslam on the Pre-Show. This was Cesaro’s first title win in the WWE, coming mere months after his debut.

Cesaro defended the championship against several opponents in the coming months, including Zack Ryder and Justin Gabriel at Night of Champions and Hell in a Cell, respectively. During this time, Cesaro’s association with Aksana was phased out and his character turned more towards a foreigner loving the USA.

Cesaro feuded with R-Truth throughout November and December, successfully defending his title against Truth at Survivor Series and at TLC.

Heading into the Royal Rumble 2013, Cesaro was locked in a feud with The Miz, and he also defended his championship against The Great Khali on Main Event; hitting that famous Neutralizer. Miz was beaten by Cesaro on the Royal Rumble Pre-show, and Cesaro entered his first Rumble match later that night but was eliminated by the eventual winner, John Cena.

Towards Elimination Chamber and beyond, the feud with The Miz continued, and Cesaro beat Miz by DQ at that event and then again on Smackdown in a 2 out-of 3 Falls Match to retain the title again and end the feud.

CESARO WAS NOT BOOKED ONTO WRESTLEMANIA 29.
    So overall, in my view anyway, a pretty forgettable debut year for ‘The Swiss Superman’. Whilst towards the back end of 2012, feuds with R-Truth and Miz proved to be a bit more substantial, the first 6-8 months was not memorable at all and he appeared to have little direction, even when he did win the US title. And to cap it all off, CESARO WAS NOT BOOKED ONTO WRESTLEMANIA 29. There wasn’t even a Pre-Show Battle Royal to chuck him in.

That was WWE's attempt at a debut year, so that's what I'm trying to beat with this project.

Hey-ho, on we go. The next post will be the Raw after Wrestlemania 28 where Cesaro will debut.
    Last edited by TWG; 12-11-2016 at 05:26 PM.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

You've got me on pens and needles about this man! lol. The sky is the limit with this Cesaro character, who I can imagine is going to be pretty upset that he wasn't on the WM card. I could almost see even a heel turn for him where he turns his back on the fans, the US, and the WWE as a whole. If he's still US Champion, that should also make for some interesting TV. Still looking good man

NOW PLAYING IN THE "BE THE BOOKER" SECTION!

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

This seems fun and easy to read. Good luck, I enjoyed your old thread. Don't see many single wrestler threads so it's certainly a unique thing you have here.

Legit

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Charlemm1 View Post
    You've got me on pens and needles about this man! lol. The sky is the limit with this Cesaro character, who I can imagine is going to be pretty upset that he wasn't on the WM card. I could almost see even a heel turn for him where he turns his back on the fans, the US, and the WWE as a whole. If he's still US Champion, that should also make for some interesting TV. Still looking good man
    Thanks for the comments man, I'm glad you're looking forward to it! I might not have been so clear, and this is my bad... That last post was just showing what WWE actually did with him. This project is what I'd have done with him INSTEAD of the above. So when I post the next show it will be his debut in 2012. So basically the last post was to show why I wanted to do this project because they did such a poor job in my eyes.

Legit

Status

Spoiler:

So here is where I take over. As mentioned, I am booking JUST Cesaro segments on the weekly shows. I will post a recap of each PPV, but obviously with the Cesaro matches/segments written in full. Where other storylines or matches are relevant to Cesaro, I may post an update of what is going on. But unless I mention otherwise, the rest of each show was booked exactly how it was irl. I know this will get harder as things move forward, but for now the main feuds from Wrestlemania will be continuing as normal.

I'm trying to capture Cesaro's thoughts as he goes along. These are in character.

MONDAY NIGHT RAW
    2 APRIL 2012
    AMERICAN AIRLINES CENTER - MIAMI, FLORIDA

"I’m here.

It is just crazy to think that all of this hard work I have put in for all of these years has led up to one night. Tonight. It sounds so clichéd but to think about it now, all of the blood, sweat and tears I have shed both inside and outside of the ring on my way around the world was all worth it.

I’m a WWE Superstar now.

I’ve tried my best not to let my excitement get the better of me as I don’t want the boys to treat me like some kid that is just here for the experience, because I’m not. I’ve travelled around the world doing this more times that I can even care to count. I need them to take me seriously, but I don’t want to piss them off either.

Arriving into the arena, I just tried to play it cool as I normally would. Of course I recognise a lot of these guys, not just from the TV. I’ve wrestled them!

As soon as I get out my car, I can already see and hear Daniel Bryan going crazy about losing the World Heavyweight Championship last night. 18 seconds?! What the hell was he thinking? Anyway, I ignore him, as I’m not in the mood for antagonizing him any more than everyone else already would have done. I’m here to find out who I’m facing in my first match tonight on Raw. I want to get off on the right foot and show everyone here and more importantly, everyone out there, who I am and what I am capable of…
    Well, that’s just great. I’m not on the card.

I’d managed to find David Otunga on my search for my new boss, John Laurinaitis, and it was that sweatervest-wearing kissass that told me that Laurinaitis didn’t even realise I was coming tonight! I’ve got to just “sit it out and wait for the opportunities to come to you”. That’s not how I operate. I didn’t give up everything I have just to sit In the back and watch the show on a monitor. I want to be a part of it, and I’m going to.

Luckily, I know exactly how.

As I entered the locker room, I managed to overhear Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks complaining that they were left off of Wrestlemania and that they’re going to make an impact tonight and call someone out. I can understand their frustration; I’m in the exact same position! Heck, I could do the same thing! Who’s going to stop me just heading out there with a live mic and introducing myself to the audience, and then Uppercutting someone’s jaw into the top of their head? That’d get people talking, no doubt.
    But then, I had an even better idea… after Hawkins made sure to elbow me in the back as he and Reks left the locker room, telling me that “local talent has to get changed in the hallway. This locker room is for WWE Superstars”.

An hour or so later, the show started. I sat in the locker room in my gear and watched the The Rock address the crowd and then the US Title match… wait, here they come!"

We're back after the commercial break and we get a shot of the commentary team of Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler at their table, with the fans in the background still on a high after the previous segment.

Michael Cole
    : Ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to Monday Night Raw, where we are just getting into the swing of things in the brand new era of the WWE under John Laurinaitis; the era of People Power!

Jerry Lawler: Whether he is being genuine or not, John Laurinaitis has vowed that each WWE weekly show is about giving the people what they want! As much as it pains me to agree with him, I think you can hear from this hot Miami crowd that they're having a great time - I know I am!

Michael Cole
    : Well I guess they're happy about seeing that goof Santino somehow manage to retain the United States Championship against Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger, and they're still excited about the hometown hero, The Rock, defeating John Cena last night at Wrestlemania! We heard 'The Great One' announce his intention to build on his victory over Cena and he confirmed that his next goal is to become the WWE Champion once again! We've yet to hear the opinion of the CURRENT WWE Champion, CM Punk, on that, but the night is still young, folks.

Jerry Lawler
    : Punk might have to wait to address The Rock's announcement another night, because he is going to have his hands full tonight when he defends his title against 'The World's Strongest Man' Mark Henry, as decreed by John Laurinaitis earlier on!

Michael Cole
    : That's not all we have in store for you tonight, folks, as we've yet to hear from John Cena and we're also going to see the in-ring debut of the mysterious Lord Tensai!

Jerry Lawler: There's so much to look forward to!

There's a sudden reaction from the fans, but more one of confusion as CURT HAWKINS and TYLER REKS both walk out onto the stage; Reks dressed in a smart shirt and trousers but Hawkins in his ring gear but a sleeveless jacket over his upper body. Both men are in possession of microphones and Hawkins has his trusty cane handy in his free hand. Reks motions for the fans to be quiet as both men start to walk down the ramp.

Michael Cole: Hawkins and Reks? What're these guys doing out here?

Jerry Lawler: Beats me, Michael.

Once the fans have quietened down enough, Hawkins confidently lifts his cane into the air and starts talking into the microphone as both men approach the ring.

Curt Hawkins: That's right, people at home, do not adjust your sets. You are seeing Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks on Monday Night Raw in MI-AMI BABY!

The cheap pop works and Hawkins grins as he rolls into the ring, with Reks climbing the steps and through the ropes.

Curt Hawkins: Probably a bad time to tell you all that Miami sucks then, right?

Loud boos from the fans and a "YOU SUCK" chant is quickly directed at the men in the ring. Reks assumes his position in front of Hawkins and begins to address the crowd.

Tyler Reks
    : For too long now, guys like me and Curt have been left on the wayside as everyone else seems to pass us by. Believe me when I tell you right now that we are both SICK of it!

Curt Hawkins: The night after Wrestlemania is a special night for everyone here in the WWE. It presents a chance for everyone to hit the reset button as we look all the way forward to NEXT Wrestlemania, where Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks will be the main event!

The unlikelihood of that suggestion is met with boos from the fans but with a few laughs in there too.

Tyler Reks: This year, we aren't going to just sit by and watch everyone pass us. No, we are going to meet them head on and put them back in their place and move forward ourselves! Tell 'em how we're gonna do it, Curt!

Curt Hawkins
    : It's pretty simple really. We're going to stop floating out here to have our asses kicked by the newest flavour of the month, because now WE are the ones making the challenges and WE are the ones who're going to kick some ass and take some names!

Hawkins lets out a "WOO!" off-mic and Reks pats him on the back. The American Airlines Center is not being receptive to these two AT ALL, and a "BOOOOORING" chant is dueling with the aforementioned "YOU SUCK" chant.

Tyler Reks: AND IT STARTS... RIGHT HERE... RIGHT... NOW!

Both men turn to the stage and Hawkins raises his microphone up.

Curt Hawkins: I'm challenging ANYONE in the back to come and take on The Curt Hawkins Experience! That includes you, Rocky! I know that you'd KILL to be able to share a ring with m-

***MIRACLE***

The fans are unsure of how to react as they wait for who is coming to answer Hawkins’s challenge, and after a few moments CESARO walks out onto the stage! He’s dressed to compete in plain black trunks and boots and a black tee over his chest, which he promptly rips clean in half and throws down onto the floor. There are loud cheers from the members of the WWE Universe who recognize him from his previous work, and Cesaro raises his arms in the air to pump the fans up before standing at the top of the ramp and doing his shoulder cannon taunt. Hawkins and Reks look a little confused and bicker with each other for a moment as they watch Cesaro begin to make his way down to the ring.

Michael Cole: King! That’s Cesaro! I didn’t know HE was here tonight!

Jerry Lawler
    : Oh my goodness!

Michael Cole: For those of you who aren’t familiar with this man, he’s originally from Swizterland, but he has travelled around the world and built up a reputation as one of the most gifted performers in the world.

Jerry Lawler: And here he is on Monday Night Raw! I don’t think Curt Hawkins realises what he has gotten himself into!

Michael Cole
    : All over America, Japan and Europe – there isn’t a place in the world that Cesaro has been where he hasn’t been a success. He’s chosen to bring his skills and talents here to the WWE where I’m sure that he will make an impact. Ladies and gentlemen, be prepared to watch one of the pound-for-pound strongest competitors that you have ever seen.

Cesaro enters the ring and stands in front of Hawkins and Reks as his music fades out, and the Swiss looks around the arena and nods his head. He grins at the two men in front of him look a bit concerned, before Hawkins puffs his chest out and approaches his opponent.

Curt Hawkins: That was kind of impressive what you did up there with that t-shirt, but I’m not that worried… what was your name again?

A microphone appears through the ropes and Cesaro takes it.

Cesaro: My name… is Cesaro.

Curt Hawkins: Okay Cicero, what makes you think that you’re going to be able to handle The Curt… Hawkins… Experience?

Hawkins motions out with his hands on every word and laughs to himself as he turns back to Reks and gets a nod of approval from his partner.

Cesaro: I’ve wrestled all around the world, Curt… and I’ve wrestled much better wrestlers than you. So to answer your question, I think that I’ll be just fine.

The fans cheer as Hawkins’s face drops and he starts to look a little pissed off.

Cesaro: I came to the WWE because I wanted to test myself against the highest level of competition available, so you can understand my disappointment in coming to the great city of Miami (loud cheers) and having to settle with wrestling you tonight. I’m more than happy to work my way up from the bottom, starting with the two of you.

Curt Hawkins: Listen, jackass, I don’t care who you are, where you’ve been or even where the hell you’re from with that stupid accent-

Cesaro: I’m from Switzerland.

Curt Hawkins: I DON’T CARE! Get me a referee out here so I can teach this piece of crap a lesson!

Cesaro shrugs, clearly happy to get on with things and within a matter of seconds, an official is jogging down to the ring and he enters the ring. Reks ushers Hawkins into a corner and hypes him up and then exits the ring as Cesaro is checked over by the official. Cesaro leans out of the ring to pass the microphone back down, but Hawkins charges in and jumps him in the corner! The fans boo and the referee rings the bell to officially start the match!

SINGLES MATCH
    CESARO vs CURT HAWKINS w/ TYLER REKS

Hawkins clubs Cesaro’s back several times and knocks him into the corner down to a seated position and goes to drive his knee into Cesaro’s face, but Cesaro puts his hands up and blocks it! There is a look of worry in Hawkins’s face as Cesaro keeps hold of his leg and starts to get up onto his feet and, using Hawkins’s leg he elevates Hawkins high up into the air and hits a Very European Uppercut on the way down!!

The impressive show of strength gets a pop from the fans and it becomes immediately clear that Hawkins has been knocked loopy by the massive hit to the face. Cesaro rolls his neck and clasps his hands around Hawkins’s waist and effortlessly throws him overhead with a Gutwrench Suplex, and immediately getting popping back up to a vertical base.

Cesaro watches on as Hawkins gets up and stumbles back into the corner and Cesaro charges in and hits a running European Uppercut! Hawkins drops straight to the mat as Cesaro fires up the fans by aiming his shoulder cannons towards him and indicates that he wants to finish his opponent off.

(Jerry Lawler: Cesaro! Watch out!)

Suddenly, Tyler Reks slides into the ring but Cesaro sees him coming and sends him high up into the air… and Reks eats a Very European Uppercut of his own!

(Michael Cole: Thanks for coming, Tyler Reks!)

The referee doesn’t disqualify Hawkins as Reks didn’t actually get any offence in on Cesaro, and the Swiss looks on as Reks rolls out of the ring and Hawkins barely brings himself up. Cesaro puts his Hawkins’s head in between his legs and lifts him up into a Piledriver position, but instead locks his arms around one of his opponent’s legs and hits the Neutralizer! Cesaro flips Hawkins onto his front and hooks the near leg…

ONE!

TWO!!

THREE!!!

WINNER: CESARO (2.15)
    ***MIRACLE***

Justin Roberts: Here is your winner, CESAAAAAROOOOOO!

Cesaro gets to his feet and Curt Hawkins quickly rolls out of the ring to lick his wounds alongside his partner as Cesaro has his arm raised in celebration. Once he has thanked the referee, the shoulder cannons come out again and he even climbs onto the second rope to thank the Miami fans for their support.

Michael Cole: What’d I tell ya, King? What an impressive showing for Cesaro here in front of these fans here in the American Airlines Center!

Replays of Cesaro’s big moves in the match are shown, for the commentators to talk over.

Jerry Lawler: I didn’t doubt for one second that Cesaro was going to make an impact as soon as he walked out here! The problem for Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks was that the impact he made was on their faces!

Michael Cole: And not only that, then we saw him put away Hawkins with a move that Cesaro likes to call The Neutralizer. Even though I suspect that Curt was neutralized way before he hit it!

Jerry Lawler: I’m just in awe of the strength that this man possesses; he elevated Tyler Reks, not a small guy by the way, at least six feet into the air and could have shattered his jaw with that Very European Uppercut on the way down.

Now outside the ring and having watched the replays on the TitanTron, Cesaro is still in a positive mood as he slaps hands with fans in the front few rows on the aisle.

Michael Cole: Cesaro has arrived here in the WWE and will have no doubt sent shockwaves through the locker room with a performance as dominant as that one!

Cesaro stands at the top of the ramp and gives us one last blast of the shoulder cannons before we fade away on a shot of a rueful Hawkins at Reks, both holding their jaws.

"Well, THAT was FUN.

The crowd loved it! It felt so good shutting those two jackasses up and even better when I rearranged their jawlines.

I’ve made my introductions to the fans and I even caught bits of Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler talking about my background and experience – at least they knew who I was.

There’s no way that Laurinaitis will keep me off the next show – the crowd loved watching me out there and they’ll know I have a lot more to offer. But as much as I enjoyed that last match, and winning always feels good, I’d have liked to have faced more of a challenge.

That can be discussed with Laurinaitis. In fact, I’m going to go and talk to him and introduce myself... once I’ve had a shower."

LATER THAT NIGHT

The camera is zoomed in on a door and it pans up to show the wording "RAW AND SMACKDOWN GENERAL MANAGER" and this naturally gets boos from inside the arena. Zooming out, we can see that CESARO is standing outside the door, now in casual clothes, and he gets a large reaction from the fans. He reaches for the door handle...

???: You can't go in there!

Looking to his left, Cesaro looks unimpressed as DAVID OTUNGA, trusty coffee flask in hand, quickly slides into frame and stands between Cesaro and the office door.

Cesaro: And why can't I?

David Otunga: Mister Laurinaitis is incredibly busy, with it being his first night as General Manager of both Raw and Smackdown. Therefore I'd advise that you come back another time or make an...appoint...ment.

Otunga trails off as Cesaro looms in on him, dwarfing the legal advisor.

Cesaro: I think he can spare a minute.

Cesaro SHOVES Otunga aside!

David Otunga: HEY!

We follow Cesaro into the office and Otunga scuttles in behind him where we can see JOHN LAURINAITIS at his brand new desk, fumbling around with papers and essentially flapping about, with a very stressed look on his face.

Cesaro: Yeah, he's busy alright.

Having not noticed Cesaro, Laurinaitis cocks his head and marches towards his newest Superstar.

John Laurinaitis: (Motioning to Otunga) I thought I said no appointments?

David Otunga: I tried, Mister Laurinaitis. He just barged in!

John Laurinaitis: It doesn't matter, he's in here now! Who are you and what do you want?

Cesaro: Well I take it you didn't watch my match earlier on then? Because if you did, I think that you'd know who you were talking to.

Laurinaitis motions to the office around him.

Cesaro: Well, I thought it appropriate that I came and introduced myself in person. I'm Cesaro.

Respectfully, Cesaro holds his hand out to his new boss, but Laurinaitis waves it away.

John Laurinaitis: That's it? Get the hell out of here, can't you see I'm busy?

The fans boo but Cesaro doesn't seem too bothered about being snubbed, clearly taking it in his stride. He turns around and shoots a stern look at Otunga as he leaves the office and chuckles to himself as he does, hearing Laurinaitis groan to himself and Otunga desperately trying to calm him down.

“HE DIDN’T WATCH THE MATCH?!

So now all I am to him is some Swiss guy – actually, he probably doesn’t even know where I’m from – so some foreign guy, who made him look like an idiot and revealed to the world that he’s actually not in control of the company. I didn’t realise that the camera followed me in until it was too late.

This status in my boss’s eyes will most likely mean that I’m not going to be booked for a match on Smackdown this Friday – let alone Raw next week. I need to show Mr Laurinaitis what I can do, because it won’t matter what he thinks of me personally once he sees what I am capable of in between the ropes. Just look at CM Punk, Laurinaitis can’t stand him but he’s still on the show each week. Hell, he’s the WWE Champion! People give Laurinaitis a lot of abuse – I don’t like him - but I’ll admit that he knows when someone is good in the ring and is appreciated by the fans and he makes sure the fans get to see them. He could easily just fire Punk or Santino, but he hasn’t.

The best I can hope for to make it onto Smackdown this week is that those two clowns decide to pull the same stunt again and call someone out. I can keep myself known if I go out there and beat Reks this time, maybe. I’m going to try and speak to Laurinaitis again, and I think it’ll be better this time if the cameras are off. I’ll try and catch him before the show starts this time, as he’ll have the chance to put me on the show if there are any spaces. “

That's the first show. Smackdown will be posted in the coming days. Hope everyone enjoys, and I'll also make an effort to spread some feedback around too.

Cutest Gay in the Room

Status

You've captured Cesaro really well on Monday Night RAW. WWE didn't really show off his personality to the fullest possible extent which makes capturing his personality difficult for any booker. You've rised to the challenge well. As you appear to be hyping his "international wrestler" gimmick, I'd like to see the return of him speaking different languages.

Rusev Day

Status

Really enjoyable first update and I dig the asides Cesaro gives us of how he felt the situation went and what his next move should be.

Having him in a mini feud with Reks and Hawkins is a sensible way to introduce him and one that you can make him look like a serious threat as well. Wondering if we then get Cesaro vs. Otunga after the foreshadowing in that first post.

Formatting and style was pleasant, I'd maybe just put a picture at the top of each update. Nothing major at all though. Intrigued to see where this goes for sure.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Legit

Status

Quote Originally Posted by James Enigma View Post
    You've captured Cesaro really well on Monday Night RAW. WWE didn't really show off his personality to the fullest possible extent which makes capturing his personality difficult for any booker. You've rised to the challenge well. As you appear to be hyping his "international wrestler" gimmick, I'd like to see the return of him speaking different languages.
    Thanks for the feedback, mate. I think the "personal thoughts" sections of each show are a good way to get his personality across. The fact that he has all of this experience is a huge strength for him and something that can help him stand out is helpful. I'll get back to you on the languages - it may come in handy for him at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Really enjoyable first update and I dig the asides Cesaro gives us of how he felt the situation went and what his next move should be.

Having him in a mini feud with Reks and Hawkins is a sensible way to introduce him and one that you can make him look like a serious threat as well. Wondering if we then get Cesaro vs. Otunga after the foreshadowing in that first post.

Formatting and style was pleasant, I'd maybe just put a picture at the top of each update. Nothing major at all though. Intrigued to see where this goes for sure.
    Thanks Order, much appreciated. I thought that I would start him off with something small in the first few weeks. After Extreme Rules we are going to see him move up the card and I already have his first big feud lined up. I'll look into the pictures as well, I'm unsure whether I should ask one of the graphics guys to just knock up something simple for each show but I might look into making some myself as I don't need anything too complicated.

I hope that everyone enjoyed Raw and thanks again to those who read and commented. Smackdown will be coming either later today or tomorrow.

TWG.

Legit

Status

FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
    6 APRIL 2012
    AMWAY CENTER - ORLANDO, FLORIDA

I don't believe this. He's not even here this time.

I did what I set out to do; I went looking for John Laurinaitis and ask him whether I could be on tonight's show, but I was again stuck with David Otunga, who told me that Laurinaitis wasn't here and I haven't got a match tonight. For all of his knowledge behind the scenes, Laurinaitis has really had trouble being in charge of everything around here.

He reminds me of a swan. Very graceful in front of everybody; he's looked the model professional speaking in public or when he's been seen backstage during the show (aside from my first meeting with him on Monday). But under the surface, the legs are going crazy and he doesn't appear to have any direction at all. Otunga's expression gives this all away when he relay my theory to him, and I'm warned that my "insubordination" will be fed back to Mr Laurinaitis.

At least he might know who I am that way.

One of the road agents told me that Hawkins and Reks are planning the same routine as they did on Raw, but tonight's lucky winner will be facing Tyler Reks instead. I know it isn't much, or anything close to the level of opponent that I want to be facing, but it's going to have to do whilst I'm still invisible in John Laurinaitis's eyes.

I think that's the quickest that I have ever changed into my ring gear when I notice that they've decided to go out there just after the opening promo. However, by the time I've made it to the Gorilla position, I can see that I'm not the first person to have this idea.

Ryback.

I don't know much about this guy but then again no one does. He's absolutely huge and doesn't talk at all from what I've seen and heard from others. He's in the same position I was on Monday night; this is HIS debut.

I debate whether I'm going to confront him and tell him that this is my opportunity and I'm not going to let him take it from me, but I don't. As far as I know, he could have been wanting to do this on Monday night but I beat him to it. He might have been here all evening so far just to make sure that no one takes this chance from him. I know I wouldn't appreciate it if someone tries to take my spot for themselves.

But then again, I don't owe this guy anything. I'm doing it. I want this more.

Too late. Just as I open my mouth to get his attention, he stomps out of the curtain and I hear the fans scream in joy as Hawkins and Reks have been mocking their hometown.

Fine, Ryback, you get your shot tonight.

I don't have anything else to do so I suppose I might as well see how this guy measures up to my performance on Monday.

The camera turns from a shot of Ryback celebrating as Hawkins and Reks both lay wasted in the ring, to the same shot but showed on a monitor backstage. Zooming out we can see that CESARO is the man watching the TV. He looks impressed at what he has just seen, nodding his head and slightly grinning. All of a sudden JOSH MATTHEWS appears out of almost nowhere, but Cesaro isn't startled and shakes the interviewer's hand.

Josh Matthews: Cesaro, mind if I could have a couple of minutes of your time?

Cesaro: Not at all, Josh. I don't have a match tonight so all I am doing is sitting back and enjoying the show. How can I help you?

Josh Matthews
    : We saw you make your impressive debut on Monday Night Raw at the expense of Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks. How did that feel for you?

Cesaro: Josh, it felt great. I can't even begin to describe it. Finally being able to take the opportunity to be a part of Raw and the WWE is something that I've been working my entire career towards.

Cesaro looks down and then nods his head.

Josh Matthews: You said you've been watching tonight's show, and I've just caught you watching Ryback's match against Tyler Reks - were you impressed?

Cesaro: Look at this guy!

He points to the monitor, where Ryback is still in the ring stomping around after his win.

Cesaro: How can someone not be impressed by that?

Matthews pulls a face to say it is hard to argue with Cesaro's statement.

Josh Matthews: Would you ever get into the ring with Ryback?

Cesaro: Of course, if the opportunity came around. I made it clear that I'm looking for the highest calibre of opponent here in the WWE and if Ryback carries on like that I could definitely see our paths crossing at some point in the future, Josh.

Cesaro pauses.

Cesaro: But right now? I'm focussing on showing everyone what I can do in the ring because I didn't get to show everyone what I am truly capable of doing on Monday night.

Josh Matthews: So there's a lot more in your locker that we haven't seen?

Cesaro: We barely scratched the surface.

Matthews puts his hand to his ear and nods, before extending his hand to Cesaro.

Josh Matthews: Cesaro, thank you and I'm sorry but we're out of time here - this was kind of an impromptu interview. Thanks for your time, and back to you guys at ringside!

Cesaro nods understandably as the camera fades away.

Matthews apologised to me once the cameras were off as he didn't mean to cut me off, he'd just received an instruction from the production truck. Otunga, most likely. It appears that I've managed to antagonise my boss's right hand man within my first week on the roster.

There was something that Matthews did say at the end there, that it was an "impromptu" interview. So I wasn't scheduled to be on Smackdown tonight at all!

How can I go on like this?!

Thinking about it, there's no point in blaming John Laurinaitis for being left off of the shows, because from the looks of things, it is Otunga that is blocking my path. I can understand why he has a problem with me; I’ve been around the world and I am highly regarded because of what I can do in the ring and it isn’t a secret that he’s not the best wrestler in the world and is only here because of his partner. He’s barely wrestled in the past few months because I think that he knows that if he stands across the ring from someone like me that he wouldn’t last five minutes. I think that he’s threatened by me and I’m going to prove it.

On Monday night, I’m not asking for a match from him… I’m MAKING him put me in one.

Spoiler:

I thought that I would just get this out here now. A shorter post than you can normally expect from now on, but this was only because Cesaro didn't have a match. That will be a rare occurrence going forward as he is going to get booked more often than not now. Raw hopefully coming at the weekend but don't hold me to it as I have been working lates due to the busy period and obviously this weekend is Christmas and I've not bought any presents yet. Oops.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Only problem is that his name was Antonio cesaro. Just nit-picking

Legit

Status

Quote Originally Posted by bmo20 View Post
    Only problem is that his name was Antonio cesaro. Just nit-picking
    I didn't like the Antonio part, and they changed it anyway irl. I prefer him without it. Thanks for commenting.

MONDAY NIGHT RAW
    APRIL 9 2012
    VERIZON CENTER – WASHINGTON, D.C.

As soon as I walked into the arena and checked the card for tonight’s show my suspicions were confirmed - I’ve not been booked for a match again. Normally, this would be put down to an oversight or coincidence, but the sight of David Otunga smirking at me as he pretended to talk to one of the production crew let me know that this was done on purpose.

When I approached him to confront him, he quickly made his excuses and left the area in the direction of John Lauirnaitis’s office. As much as I wanted to go in there and kick the door down and force the issue, I didn’t. I can’t afford to annoy Laurinaitis any more than I already did after last week. Plus, it is Otunga blocking me from the card and not the boss, so there’s no point making things harder for myself.

Otunga has been effectively running things around here backstage, with Laurinaitis making all of the public announcements. I sat in the back and watched as he, accompanied by Otunga of course, announced that Brock Lesnar will face John Cena at Extreme Rules and CM Punk will defend the WWE Championship against Chris Jericho. I laughed to myself as Otunga stood in the ring with Cena and Lesnar, trying not to turn his pants brown every time Lesnar looked in his direction. He also swerved a potential match with Cena in the main event tonight and nominated Alberto Del Rio to take his place.

I’m currently finding myself sitting in the locker room when I can hear voices from the corridor… it is Otunga and Laurinaitis! I don’t care if the cameras are on, in fact I hope that they are – this could be the only time that I’m on screen tonight!

After the commercial break, we can see that JOHN LAURINAITIS and DAVID OTUNGA are walking side by side down a corridor backstage and both appear in good spirits as they talk, and the feed starts to pick up their conversation.

John Laurinaitis: David, I will commend you on that excellent decision out there for John Cena to face Alberto Del Rio in tonight’s main event. You’ve got a great eye for what the people want to see, and you gave away the chance to further your own career by facing John Cena to give the fans a huge main event between two former WWE Champions.

David Otunga: Sir, you said it yourself – what we do is about giving the people the best show that we can.

John Laurinaitis: David, I'm impressed.

Otunga grins as he holds his coffee flask to his chest.

David Otunga: I'm just buying into People Power, sir. It's all about the people.

Laurinaitis extends his hand to his legal adviser/assistant, which Otunga gleefully accepts and shakes.

John Laurinaitis: I need to take care of things in my office. I can leave you to handle anything out here.

David Otunga: Of course, Mister Laurinaitis... Sir. I'll be glad to.

As Laurinaitis walks away, Otunga's smile transitions into a cocky smirk as he realises that he's got the power now. There are rumblings in the arena however and these turn into cheers when CESARO appears over Otunga's shoulder! The Swiss clears his throat and this causes Otunga to jump and he recoils when he sees who has approached him and leaps back against the wall, almost dropping his flask.

David Otunga: You! Did-didn't I make it clear last week that you can't disrupt Mister Laurinaitis during the show?!

Cesaro smiles and steps closer to Otunga.

Cesaro: David, I'm not here to talk to Laurinaitis. It is you that I want to talk to.

The non-response from the panicked Otunga is enough of an invitation for Cesaro to continue.

Cesaro: I've only been around a week, David, and already I'm getting the impression that you don't like me. I don't know why that is. I mean, I did almost knock you on your ass last week and exposed John Laurinaitis's mess of an office to the world, but does that really justify leaving me off of Smackdown last week and Raw tonight?

Otunga puts his hands up.

David Otunga: Cesaro, I-I d-don't know what you're talking about!

Cesaro: That's funny, because a couple of the guys were saying how you were punishing me for my (gestures quotation marks) "insubordination". Is that not true, then? Do I have to go and check that I heard them correctly?

David Otunga: Look, Cesaro, I'm sorry. I thought that you needed to be taught a lesson-

Cesaro: So you are purposely keeping me off the show?

David Otunga: I didn't say that! The booking schedules are complic-

Cesaro: Okay, so why aren't I in a match tonight? David, I made it clear from my performance in my match with Curt Hawkins last week that I am ready for some competition, and I want some tonight.

With a worried look on his face, as Cesaro looms over him, Otunga exhales and straightens his tie.

David Otunga: Leave it with me, okay? I'll get you a match tonight.

Cesaro tuts loudly and wags his finger in Otunga's face, to cheers from the crowd.

Cesaro: I don't want a match. I want to face competition suitable for someone like me. You understand me don't you? I know that my accent can be a little hard to understand sometimes.

Cesaro's hand moves onto Otunga's shoulder and the assistant GM gulps and looks at the much larger man standing right in front of him, and slowly nods. Seeing this, Cesaro grins and walks away out of the shot. Otunga composed himself and looks in Cesaro's direction with disdain as the camera fades away.

I think that got the message across, as within a few minutes I was approached backstage by one of the road agents and told that I was going to be on just before the main event between Cena and Del Rio.

The speed of Otunga finding my opponent tonight proves how obvious it was that he was the one blocking my path.

I'm excited to know who it is that I'll be facing as I want to build on what everyone saw last week. I touched on it in my interview on Smackdown that there is still plenty to come before Otunga ordered the interview be ended. The entire time I have been here getting ready, I have been thinking of everyone and anyone on the roster who he might have picked to face me.

Although it doesn’t matter who it is going to be, because I know that whoever they are, I’m better than them. They won’t have my experience or skill and they probably won’t have seen anything else apart from my match with Hawkins last week.

***MIRACLE***

As we return to the arena following the commercial break, the fans cheer as CESARO walks out onto the stage in his ring gear and he pumps out his shoulder cannons and screams out to the crowd. As he makes his way down to the ring, he slaps hands with the fans, but has a focussed look on his face.

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Monday Night Raw coming to you live tonight from the nation’s capital, Washington D.C.! We still have our blockbuster main event to come where two former WWE Champions will face off, as John Cena goes one-on-one with Alberto Del Rio in a bid to build up some momentum ahead of his Extreme Rules match with Brock Lesnar at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view in three weeks’ time!

Jerry Lawler: Cole, as I said earlier on when that HUGE match for Extreme Rules was announced, I’m feeling like I could explode with excitement! I can’t wait to see Cena and Lesnar go at it!

Michael Cole: John Cena’s match is still to come, Jerry – let’s talk about this man, Cesaro!

Replays from Cesaro’s debut on Raw last week play in the arena and Cesaro is seen nodding his head as he watches.

Michael Cole: Last week on Monday Night Raw, Cesaro made quite the impression when he made his debut at the expense of Curt Hawkins AND Tyler Reks.

Jerry Lawler: It has been a long time since I have seen someone use European Uppercuts to such great effect in their matches. I think that Curt Hawkins was knocked unconscious for part of his match with Cesaro last week.

Michael Cole: Cesaro has already made it clear why he is here in the WWE; he wants competition and he knows that this is where the best competitors in the world ply their trades.

Jerry Lawler: You can’t blame Cesaro for wanting to challenge himself, as he is clearly more than capable of making a huge impact here in the WWE, but this eagerness for matches and to be tested has caused him to find himself on the bad side of the Assistant to the General Manager to Raw and Smackdown, David Otunga! There has been all sorts of talk going around backstage that Otunga is the reason that Cesaro didn’t have a match last week on Smackdown!

Michael Cole: But as we saw earlier on tonight, Cesaro took matters into his own hands and he, for lack of a better word, persuaded Otunga to find him a suitable opponent. And judging by the fact that Cesaro is out here now, I think that his search was successful.

In the ring, Cesaro paces up and down and does some last minute stretching. His music fades out and he gets his game face on as the fans start booing when David Otunga’s music starts to play.

***ALL ABOUT THE POWER***

With a microphone in one hand and the flask in the other, DAVID OTUNGA walks out onto the stage and motions for his music to be cut out as he does. He waits for the fans to die down a little bit before addressing Cesaro in the ring.

David Otunga: Cesaro, I thought about the little talk that we had in the back earlier on. I thought about it, and to be honest with you, I think that you’re actions and demands were very disrespectful.

Boos from the crowd and Cesaro waves of the claims, shouting for Otunga to get on with it.

David Otunga: Not just disrespectful towards me, but you also showed disrespect towards John Laurinaitis. Such… insubordinations… would not usually go unpunished. However, I am feeling generous tonight so I decided to fulfil your request for a match tonight on Monday Night Raw.

Small cheers.

David Otunga: After our conversation I scoured the backstage area looking for an individual who I believe has the experience and skill at a level similar to yourself so you will face the level of competition that I believe you have been looking for.

Cesaro nods his head in the ring, but still presses Otunga to reveal his opponent to the match can be started.

David Otunga: Patience, please, Cesaro. Your opponent tonight is someone who has travelled around the world and has also been a champion here in the WWE.

This causes Cesaro to raise an eyebrow, hopeful. Otunga looks out to the fans.

David Otunga: He is someone who I know that the WWE Universe is very fond of, and also an old friend of mine from The Nexus.

After a couple of moments of thinking time, the fans suddenly burst out into a HUGE “YES” chant! Also realising who Otunga must be talking about, Cesaro slaps his hands together.

David Otunga: Cesaro… your opponent tonight in WASHINGTON, D.C.!

Otunga holds his arm out and motions to the stage…

???: IT’S THE ONE MAN BAND, BAYBAAAAAY! WOO!!

LOUD BOOS engulf the arena as HEATH SLATER walks out onto the stage with a microphone of his own, and shakes hands with Otunga, who laughs to himself. Cesaro shakes his head in anger and kicks the bottom rope in his frustration.

Jerry Lawler: Heath Slater?! Otunga thinks that THIS GUY is on Cesaro’s level? Give me a break!

Michael Cole: I have a feeling that I wasn’t the only one who thought that David Otunga was going to reveal someone else as Cesaro’s opponent tonight.

Jerry Lawler: Yeah, he had this whole arena fooled.

Slater struts down to the ring, and Otunga looks as if he is going to hang around on the stage and watch the match, and the ‘One Man Band’ keeps talking as he makes his way to the ring.

Heath Slater: That’s right, people, I’m BACK from my world tour an’ I’m ready to show everyone why I am the ONE MAN BAAAAND, BAYBAAAAY!

Slater laughs to himself and climbs into the ring through the ropes and stands in front of Cesaro, who shakes his head at the insult of an opponent he has been presented with.

Heath Slater: Cesaro, you made a huge mistake callin’ me out-

BAM! EUROPEAN UPPERCUT TO SLATER MID-SENTENCE!

The fans cheer loudly and Cesaro screams at the referee stationery in the ring to “START THE MATCH!” and within a couple of seconds the bell has rung!

SINGLES MATCH
    CESARO vs HEATH SLATER

The European Uppercut knocked Slater all kinds of loopy and sent him into the ropes and Cesaro wastes NO time in grabbing him by the scruff of the neck and putting his head between his legs and hitting Slater with the NEUTRALIZER!! Cesaro flips Slater onto his back and hooks both legs!

ONE!

TWO!!

THREE!!!

WINNER: CESARO (0.08)
    ***MIRACLE***

Justin Roberts: Here is your winner-

Cesaro: NO!

The music abruptly cuts out and Cesaro puts his hand towards Roberts at ringside, having picked up Slater’s microphone which he dropped when Cesaro jumpstarted the match. The Swiss turns his attention to a smug Otunga on the stage.

Cesaro: Otunga, you knew before that match that I’m worth one hundred Heath Slaters, and that I’d probably be able to beat one hundred of him at once! You want to punish me? Fine. Put me in matches with Heath Slater. All that’s going to happen is you getting these people, who know who I am and want to see me perform, knocking on your door and asking you why you’re treating me like this… and you won’t be able to give them a proper answer. I’ve travelled the world and built a reputation for myself and you’re threatened by that. You’re threatened by me, David, and that’s why you’re doing this, but you’re not going to admit that. I walk into the arena earlier on and try to talk to you and you run away. You almost wet yourself earlier on in the back when I DID talk to you.

The fans laugh and Cesaro motions up to Otunga on the stage, who still looks proud of himself.

Cesaro: And look at you now! I’m here and you’re all the way up there. That’s why you’re looking so pleased with yourself!

Otunga shakes his head and raises his microphone.

David Otunga: That’s not what I’m pleased about, Cesaro, because you’re wrong. I’m pleased, because I know what is about to happen.

There’s a commotion in the crowd and Cesaro looks a bit confused…

…CURT HAWKINS AND TYLER REKS JUMP CESARO FROM BEHIND!!!

The two men that Cesaro embarrassed and beat up last week stomp away on the Swiss as Otunga grins and starts to saunter down to the ring.

Jerry Lawler: Cesaro has been set up by David Otunga!

Michael Cole: I’m sure that it didn’t take too much persuading from Otunga to encourage Hawkins and Reks to come out here and do his bidding for him and attack Cesaro from behind! Cesaro is good, but I don’t think he can overcome this two-on-one assault!

Jerry Lawler: You mean three-on-one, Michael. Look, Heath Slater is back up as well!

Slater joins in with the mugging and starts to stomp away on Cesaro, and Otunga enters the ring and starts directing traffic by instructing the heels to put Cesaro up in the corner. Slater and Hawkins hold Cesaro down as Reks backs away and lines him up…

***MEAT ON THE TABLE***

The very loud and heavy music instantly distracts the men in the ring and Cesaro is dropped down to the mat as everyone can only watch as RYBACK stomps out onto the stage!!

Michael Cole: It’s Ryback! He’s another who we’ve been hearing that Otunga has a problem with and the man that demolished Tyler Reks on Smackdown this past Friday!

Jerry Lawler: Those guys need to get out of the ring now!

Ryback marches down towards the ring and he jumps onto the apron and flattens Hawkins with a right hand as he charges at him before getting into the ring and then runs through Heath Slater with a Meathook Clothesline!! Tyler Reks tries to jump onto Ryback after he almost decapitated Slater, but Cesaro is back to his feet and he knocks Reks back with a European Uppercut!!

Hawkins and Reks roll out of the ring and both Cesaro and Ryback turn their attention to Otunga, who cowers in the corner for a second – but then slides out of the ring and scampers up the ramp, being joined by Hawkins and Reks. From inside the ring, both Cesaro and Ryback invite the three of them back into the ring.

Michael Cole: Ryback and Cesaro standing tall and now seemingly united by common adversaries!

Jerry Lawler: Thank goodness for Ryback coming out here, because Cesaro looked like he was going to be in all kinds of trouble! But look at those cowards, running out of the ring as soon as Ryback came out here and they realised that the playing field was even. Although Heath Slater wasn’t as lucky!

Michael Cole: David Otunga’s plan tonight has backfired in a major way as not only did Cesaro beat Heath Slater inside ten seconds, his attempted post-match assault on Cesaro fell through. Now he has to be concerned as to whether Cesaro and Ryback will respond in kind. Otunga may have created a road for his own back with his treatment of the new Superstars arriving in the WWE.

After coming to terms with the fact that none of the heels will be re-entering the ring, Cesaro and Ryback give up with their attempts and turn their focus to each other. There is a clear respect between the two, and Ryback nods at Cesaro and slaps him on the back. Cesaro nods in kind and the two return their gaze to David Otunga, whose face speaks a thousand words as the realisation that he has caused two powerful adversaries to join forces against him.

After the camera went elsewhere and Otunga, Hawkins and Reks quickly ran into the back, Ryback and I had no further interaction with each other, and he simply left the ring and walked to the back. I had no idea that he was having the same problems with Otunga as I have been.

I could have been in trouble out there had he not came out and cleared them off, as I was taken by surprise by those two jumping me and it doesn’t matter who you are, being stomped on by three guys at the same time hurts a lot and it is very hard to escape.

It is crazy thinking now that I almost stopped Ryback from heading out there on Friday night and that if I had done that before he made it out there, he certainly would not have had my back tonight. At least I slightly repaid the favour when I stopped Reks from piling on him, but I’m pretty sure Ryback could have handled it himself if I hadn’t.

This whole issue with Otunga has been blown into the open and all of a sudden loads of different people are involved, when I had no idea that they were at first. I know that I’m not the only person Otunga is gunning for, at least now. I’m about to get showered and start getting ready to watch the Cena match, but then I get a text from one of the bookers… I have a match on Smackdown this week… and I’m teaming with Ryback.

One of my resolutions this year was to be more consistent... let's see how this goes.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

I’ve never really read and gotten into an individual diary before. I LOVE the concept though and a Cesaro diary seems like a pretty good one to start with.

I just love the concept of this diary.The way you capture Cesaro’s actual thoughts before you write out his segments and matches is a nice touch as well. I don’t know if that’s a standard thing that happens with these types of threads, but it’s pretty enjoyable to read.

As for the segments itself, I think the push Cesaro is getting is clever. Whilst it’s clear he is a high level talent and he’s getting some good microphone time, he’s not necessarily rubbing hands with top talent straight away. The issue with Otunga and a potential battle against authority is the perfect/easiest way to get the fans on his side though.

Definitely thought the confrontation with Otunga was written well as was the aftermath of the Slater squash. I’m interested to see what develops on Smackdown, good work on this so far for sure.

Legit

Status

Quote Originally Posted by stojy View Post
    I’ve never really read and gotten into an individual diary before. I LOVE the concept though and a Cesaro diary seems like a pretty good one to start with.

I just love the concept of this diary.The way you capture Cesaro’s actual thoughts before you write out his segments and matches is a nice touch as well. I don’t know if that’s a standard thing that happens with these types of threads, but it’s pretty enjoyable to read.

As for the segments itself, I think the push Cesaro is getting is clever. Whilst it’s clear he is a high level talent and he’s getting some good microphone time, he’s not necessarily rubbing hands with top talent straight away. The issue with Otunga and a potential battle against authority is the perfect/easiest way to get the fans on his side though.

Definitely thought the confrontation with Otunga was written well as was the aftermath of the Slater squash. I’m interested to see what develops on Smackdown, good work on this so far for sure.
    Thanks for the comments mate, I appreciate it. I've been putting in his thoughts as I'm hoping that they help people understand the logic behind his actions when he is on camera but I'm very glad that you're enjoying them.

After Extreme Rules he will be getting involved with some of the guys much higher up the card than Slater but as you said, this first few weeks are about introducing him and getting him some support.

Thanks again mate

Also I did just want to say another thank you to everyone who voted for me in the awards - I'm very grateful. Congratulations to everyone else who picked one up and here's to an even better 2017.

Will be posting some Twitter reactions and news later on today and Smackdown will be coming at the weekend hopefully.

Thread Information