Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Miracle: The Cesaro Story by TWG

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Miracle: The Cesaro Story by TWG

Been following this nicely TWG.

As Stojy mentioned the struggle to be noticed by Cesaro, despite his pre-WWE achievements, is great. I must add though that if John Laurinaitus was the Talent scout before his rise to on screen figure then surely he would have signed off on Cesaro and would not ignore him bring st his disposal.

Id like to think Johnny is secretly enjoying the Cesaro/Otunga story.

Its not an issue right now but is love to hear Cesaro's thoughts on long time pal Chris Hero being signed to the WWE around this time.

Otunga needs to be smart and pit Cesaro and Ryback against each other.

Keep it up dude!!!

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Surely building up to Cesaro/Ryback which would make for some dope matches. Dont tend to follow many WWE btbs but single wrestler ones tend to be easier to follow and this is particularly well written. I look forward to more entries.

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Superb updates thus far TWG. Like yourself I plan on rolling out updates in 2017. I’m enjoying what you have going on so far, especially the Otunga effect. I was wondering if you’d be pulling the veil back too and I’m delighted to see you have. Your writing is particularly strong and it’s a pleasant format you use. Not afraid to say I have you in my top 3 BTB’s for the December awards and you’re guaranteed a follower in me due to our similarities. Cesaro is quite a good choice and I’m looking forward where you take him. Out of curiousity; is there a set end-time for this project or is it infinite? Keep up the work bro, putting solo bookers on the map.

Legit

Status
      Country                    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Been following this nicely TWG.

As Stojy mentioned the struggle to be noticed by Cesaro, despite his pre-WWE achievements, is great. I must add though that if John Laurinaitus was the Talent scout before his rise to on screen figure then surely he would have signed off on Cesaro and would not ignore him bring st his disposal.

Id like to think Johnny is secretly enjoying the Cesaro/Otunga story.

Its not an issue right now but is love to hear Cesaro's thoughts on long time pal Chris Hero being signed to the WWE around this time.

Otunga needs to be smart and pit Cesaro and Ryback against each other.

Keep it up dude!!!
    Thanks mate! Johnny not knowing who he is considering he was EVP of talent relations is a bit of an oversight but I'm rolling with that he was too busy trying to take control of Raw and Smackdown. Plus we have already seen that he is not on top of anything at all.

I've not planned to involve Hero right now but that isn't to say that he won't ever come into things.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    Surely building up to Cesaro/Ryback which would make for some dope matches. Dont tend to follow many WWE btbs but single wrestler ones tend to be easier to follow and this is particularly well written. I look forward to more entries.
    Thanks for the kind words mate. I have his next big feuds lined up but I'm not ruling out something with Ryback at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Superb updates thus far TWG. Like yourself I plan on rolling out updates in 2017. I’m enjoying what you have going on so far, especially the Otunga effect. I was wondering if you’d be pulling the veil back too and I’m delighted to see you have. Your writing is particularly strong and it’s a pleasant format you use. Not afraid to say I have you in my top 3 BTB’s for the December awards and you’re guaranteed a follower in me due to our similarities. Cesaro is quite a good choice and I’m looking forward where you take him. Out of curiousity; is there a set end-time for this project or is it infinite? Keep up the work bro, putting solo bookers on the map.
    Cheers Tig, I'm glad you're enjoying it and wow thanks! I've got concrete plans up to Summerslam and an idea of Wrestlemania but the problem I had with my old thread was getting too ahead of myself and then not enjoying what I was writing at the time and I don't want that to happen again with this thread as I'm having a whale with it at the moment. So I'll give a wishy-washy answer and say that I don't know but I don't have an end-goal just yet but I might decide to stop if I reach a year... that is a big if in itself though! I'm not alone with the solo bookers, and to be honest it helps that you're doing the same thing actually mate, a running buddy if you will and that always helps.

IN THE CAR - AFTER RAW

I've only recently signed up to Twitter as I was told that it'll help me connect with the fans some more by a couple of the other guys. I've not put anything out there yet as I don't feel the need to, but that doesn't mean that I haven't been getting a few directed at me! There are loads but only a few are standing out right now...

Quote Originally Posted by @WWE
    This Friday night on #Smackdown per orders from @DavidOtunga - @WWECesaro and @Ryback22 to team up in tag team action!
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheCurtHawkins
    @WWE @DavidOtunga @WWECesaro @Ryback22 Looking forward to it boys, see you there. #CurtHawkinsExperience
    Quote Originally Posted by @Ryback22
    @WWE @DavidOtunga @WWECesaro Feed me two.
    Quote Originally Posted by @JerryLawler
    @WWE @DavidOtunga @WWECesaro @Ryback22 Can't wait to see these two teaming up! Could be a big mistake by Otunga!
    Quote Originally Posted by @wwefan124
    What is @DavidOtunga 's problem with @WWECesaro ? Did they not teach you how to be a man at law school?
    Quote Originally Posted by @CMPunk
    @DavidOtunga 's inability to recognize the talent of @WWECesaro shows how badly things are being run around here nowadays.

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

Top stuff so far TWG and I am really digging the tandem of Ryback with Cesaro. They have huge potential and could even be a force in the tag team division as a way of getting both of them over if that's the way you choose to go.

Either way Otunga vs. Cesaro needs to happens so the Swiss Superman can get his hands on him at some point.

Looking forward to the next update and once again congratulations on winning a BTB award
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Legit

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Top stuff so far TWG and I am really digging the tandem of Ryback with Cesaro. They have huge potential and could even be a force in the tag team division as a way of getting both of them over if that's the way you choose to go.

Either way Otunga vs. Cesaro needs to happens so the Swiss Superman can get his hands on him at some point.

Looking forward to the next update and once again congratulations on winning a BTB award
    Thanks Order, I'm glad that you're enjoying the thread so far! I should hope that you'll like what you'll about to see as it is Ryback and Cesaro's first match teaming together. To be honest, having these two have a run for the tag titles isn't in my plans but it is a good idea and may happen in the future as just thinking about it I've already conceived a couple of little ideas around that and how it could fit in with my plans.

Thanks again for the award congrats and also well done to you for putting together such a good presentation, as I don't think I have already thanked you for doing so in the other threads.

But without further adieu, here is Smackdown!

FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
    APRIL 13 2012
    HAMPTON COLISEUM - HAMPTON, VIRGINIA

I was surprised to hear that in my match tonight, teaming with Ryback, our opponents aren't going to be Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks. We are going to be facing Hunico and his bodyguard, Camacho. Those two are others who haven't really done much for a while and be looking to prove a point at our expense.

In the couple of weeks I've been here, people have been good to me on the whole, aside from the obvious exceptions - mainly Otunga. He admitted that he set me up on Raw and got me jumped from behind. I'm still grateful for Ryback's intervention. It has only been in the last few days I've heard from others that Otunga has blocked him from shows too.

I've not spoken to Ryback at all since Monday night, but it isn't for the lack of trying!

No one knows how to get hold of this guy! No phone, no email address! Does he even know he has a match tonight? Although I'm sure I could handle those two in a Handicap Match anyway. I suppose that I’ll just have to find out when I get out there if he’s going to show.

It’s been great to see all of the support I have been getting from everyone, from fans all the way up to the WWE Champion himself. I’ve known CM Punk for a long time and he’s one of a handful of people that really know what I am about and what I’m capable of. To have him in my corner is huge.

***RESPETO***

We head back to the arena where HUNICO and CAMACHO are making their entrance on their lowrider bicycle, not getting much of a reaction from the fans. Hunico appears to be cursing the fans from his perch on the back but they aren’t taking much notice.

Tony Chimel: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, at a combined weight of four-hundred-and-twenty-eight pounds, the team of Hunico and CAAAMAAAACHOOO!

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown – we’ve got a packed show up ahead with our big main event between John Cena and The Miz, but right now, it is time for some tag team action, King!

Jerry Lawler: That’s right, Michael! You just have to think that somewhere backstage Teddy Long will be looking forward to this one, he loves tag team matches!

Michael Cole: That he does, partner. However this match was borne out of what we saw on Raw this past Monday night when the Assistant to the General Manager of Raw and Smackdown, David Otunga, orchestrated an attack on Hunico and Camacho’s opponents tonight, Cesaro and Ryback.

Jerry Lawler: Correct, and in doing that, Otunga aligned two of the brightest new Superstars in the WWE against him! It’s no wonder to me why he is roping in guys like Hunico and Camacho, and Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks! These guys are here for his protection!

Michael Cole: I think that they must know that too, but they’ll know that this is also an opportunity to assert themselves. If Hunico and Camacho can pick up the win tonight and hand both Cesaro AND Ryback a first defeat in the WWE, that would be huge for their own careers! It could move them into contention for the WWE Tag Team Championships, currently held by Primo and Epico.

Leaning the bike against the ring steps, Camacho enters the ring ahead of Hunico and holds the ropes open for him as the smaller man enters. The two stand in the middle of the ring and make gang signs with their hands before their music fades out.

***MIRACLE***

The Virginia fans cheer as CESARO promptly walks out onto the stage and pumps out the shoulder cannon taunt and slaps his hands together. The Swiss wastes NO time in making his way down to the ring, the bounce in his step showing that he’s eager to get the action started for his first match on the blue show.

Tony Chimel: Introducing their opponents… First, from Lucerne, Switzerland, weighing two-hundred-and-thirty-two pounds… CESAROOOOO!

Michael Cole: Cesaro has only been around for a couple of weeks now but he has already made a huge impact here in the WWE! He followed up his quick victory over Curt Hawkins last week by defeating Heath Slater in EIGHT seconds this past Monday night on Raw!

Jerry Lawler: Cole, I blinked and almost missed it!

Michael Cole: Cesaro Uppercutted Slater before the match could begin out of frustration at David Otunga for failing to provide him with an appropriate level of competition, and after a quick Neutralizer Slater was done. However, after the match, Otunga revealed he had organised a sneak attack on Cesaro which was executed by Curt Hawkins, Tyler Reks and Heath Slater.

Jerry Lawler: In David Otunga’s eyes, Cesaro had disrespected both him and John Laurinaitis and he deserved to be punished, to a greater extent than having to face people like Heath Slater. That’s punishment enough for Cesaro, the way he sees it.

Michael Cole: The WWE Universe has taken to Cesaro and they’ve decided to get behind him and we’ve been seeing all week on social media sites such as Twitter, WWE fans grilling David Otunga over his treatment of Cesaro.

Jerry Lawler: I saw! Even the WWE Champion CM Punk was seen voicing his opinion on the way that Otunga is handling all of this!

Cesaro slaps hands with the fans as he walks down the ramp and then slides into the ring, and climbing onto the second rope to do the shoulder cannons again. Once he hops down, he turns to face both Hunico and Camacho, who try their best to intimidate Cesaro, with Hunico even gesturing to slit Cesaro’s throat. The Swiss shakes his head and waves them off, turning to the ramp as he waits for his partner.

***MEAT ON THE TABLE***

The loud and heavy entrance music has the fans cheering as they now know this to signal the entrance of RYBACK. The big man walks onto the stage with the camera focussing on his feet before tilting upwards to his face, which is full of anger and aggression. Cesaro nods his head when he sees his partner and watches on as Ryback screams “FEED ME MORE!” before stomping down towards the ring.

Tony Chimel: And his tag team partner… From Sin City, weighing in at two-hundred-and-ninety-one pounds… RYYYYBAAACK!!

Jerry Lawler: Look at the size of this man! He’s almost three hundred pounds of pure muscle, Michael! He must weigh about six of you!

Michael Cole: This is another man who, in the past few days, we have become aware of being supressed by David Otunga in the same vein as Cesaro. It was this common factor which was the driving force behind Ryback’s decision to foil the aforementioned assault on Cesaro by Otunga’s associates on Raw and make a message of his own at David Otunga’s expense.

Jerry Lawler: Why David Otunga has chosen to get on the wrong side of someone like Ryback I will never understand! We saw him out here last week on Smackdown throwing big Tyler Reks around like he was a toy and I think Heath Slater has spent the last few days re-attaching his head after Ryback near knocked it off with that Meathook Clothesline of his on Monday night!

Michael Cole: From what we have seen from both Cesaro and Ryback so far, I think that these two could form quite the formidable pairing, King. What do you think?

Jerry Lawler: I couldn’t agree more, Cole. But do these two strike you as the type of competitor who will actually want to form a tag team? They both appear to have high aspirations, which is why they’ve had their respective issues with David Otunga.

As Ryback enters the ring and immediately stomps towards the Mexicans, Hunico and Camacho quickly dive through the ropes and away from the big man. This brings a chuckle to Cesaro and Ryback huffs at his opponents. The referee is on hand to get Ryback into his corner and convince Hunico and Camacho to get back into the ring. There's not much in the way of a conversation between Cesaro and Ryback and Cesaro indicates that he's happy for Ryback to kick off proceedings by stepping out to the apron.

TAG TEAM MATCH
    CESARO & RYBACK vs HUNICO & CAMACHO

Ryback breathes heavily as he waits to see who he will be up against to kick off the match but the bravado of the heels has gone as both Hunico and Camacho are refusing to leave the ring apron. The decision of who will start against Ryback is taken out of their hands as the monster from Sin City grabs Hunico by the neck and launches him over the top rope and into the ring! Hunico writhes as his back arches but he gets to his feet, only to be knocked straight back down by a huge Shoulder Block from Ryback.

It takes a little longer for Hunico to get back up but this time Ryback lifts him up into the air and allows him to fall into his front with a Military Press Drop! The big power move gets a pop from the fans and Ryback now backs away and holds his hand out for Cesaro, allowing the Swiss to tag himself in.

Hunico is almost at Camacho for a tag in the corner, but Cesaro hurries over and pulls his leg to prevent the tag. Using Hunico's leg to lift him up into the air, Cesaro catches him by his side and takes him over with a Gutwrench Suplex. Getting back to his feet and stumbling into the corner, Hunico looks beat already. Cesaro has a glance at Ryback and smirks... and then charges at Hunico with a Running European Uppercut in the corner!!

There's a chuckle from Ryback in the corner and Cesaro grins, and they understand the game that they're playing now. Cesaro Irish Whips Hunico across the ring as Camacho daren't try to intervene, before tagging Ryback back into the match. Quickly taking his position in the corner opposite Hunico, Ryback sizes him up and proceeds to crush him in the corner with a Running Splash!

(Michael Cole: I think we have a competition emerging here, King!)

As Ryback steps back from the corner, Hunico comically falls down to the mat onto his face after being crushed by the big man. Ryback motions to Cesaro if he wants to come back in, but Cesaro allows Ryback to have another 'turn'. Grinning, Ryback bends down and places Hunico's legs around his neck and hoists him up into the air... and Powerbombs him hard down onto the mat!!

Ryback releases his grip and walks over to Cesaro, tagging him back in. Cesaro seems impressed with Ryback's efforts and quizzically looks down at Hunico as he figures out how he can top it. He decides on something and pulls Hunico up and hits STRAIGHTJACKET POWERBOMB!!! Cesaro looks pleased with himself and nods his head whilst the crowd cheers him. He points to Ryback, getting another pop... but then at Camacho, getting a BIG pop!!

As Cesaro approaches Camacho, the ineffective bodyguard quickly hops down from the apron and starts running around the ring towards the ramp to escape - BUT RYBACK CUTS HIM OFF WITH A MEATHOOK CLOTHESLINE ON THE OUTSIDE!!!

(Jerry Lawler: He's killed him, Michael! WHAT A CLOTHESLINE!)

That one even had Cesaro wincing and the Swiss now calls to Ryback to join him in the ring. Once Ryback is in, he listens as Cesaro instructs him to do the Military Press again, which he does. Ryback waits for Cesaro's signal to drop him... and Cesaro catches Hunico with a VERY EUROPEAN UPPERCUT on the way down!!

Cesaro grabs Hunico from the mat and sets him up for the NEUTRALIZER!! Both legs are hooked!

ONE!

TWO!!

THREE!!!

WINNERS: CESARO & RYBACK (4.40)
    ***MIRACLE***

Tony Chimel: Here are your winner, Ryback and CESAAARRROOOO!

As Cesaro gets to his feet and celebrates, Ryback rolls Hunico's limp body out of the ring and down onto the floor so it lands next to Camacho. Ryback then joins Cesaro and slaps him on the back and the two nod at each other to signal a job well done. They both have their arms raised by the referee and the fans applaud their efforts as they do.

Michael Cole: Cesaro and Ryback continue their dominance since arriving on the scene here in the WWE and also proving that should they wish to be one, they're a pretty formidable team, King!

Jerry Lawler: Those are my thoughts exactly, Michael. The tag team champions should consider themselves lucky that these two have their eyes on other things right now. I think we need some medical attention out here for Hunico and Camacho. These two just played around with poor Hunico like he was a toy!

Michael Cole: It was good to see a lighter side to both Ryback and Cesaro though; they were having some fun out there!

Jerry Lawler: And speaking of fun, actually the opposite of it, take a look who's just came out here, Michael.

Cesaro's music cuts out and the fans boo the arrival of DAVID OTUNGA onto the stage. Interestingly, Otunga doesn't have a microphone (but naturally still holds his coffee flask under his arm), and he waits until he has the attention of both Cesaro and Ryback. Once he does, he starts to slow clap and wears the very same smug expression that he had on Raw on Monday night… and this is the giveaway to Ryback and Cesaro, so they turn around…

…WHERE THEY CATCH CURT HAWKINS AND TYLER REKS READY TO STRIKE THEM FROM BEHIND!

Michael Cole: Hawkins and Reks! Where did they come from?! They were going for a repeat of Raw on Monday night!

Hawkins and Reks are frozen with an arm up in the air each as they were about to club Cesaro and Ryback from behind! There is a moment when no one moves and just as Ryback lunges for Hawkins, both of the heels somehow manage to slither out of the ring just in the nick of time and scurry up the ramp, back to Otunga. Cesaro holds the ropes open to invite the trio into the ring, but they aren’t budging now that they know the faces are ready for them.

Jerry Lawler: Look at them, Michael, they’re cowards! All three of them! As soon as it even begins to look like a fair fight they get the hell out of there!

Michael Cole: They’ve not fared too well so far against Cesaro and Ryback so you can hardly blame them, King!

The smug look of victory is wiped straight from Otunga’s face for the second time in a week as Cesaro stomps over to the corner and reaches down for a microphone to address the three men on the stage.

Cesaro: Curt, Tyler, what’s the matter? You don’t want to fight us anymore? Now that we’ve seen you coming?

If looks could kill right now, Cesaro would be a dead man from the look David Otunga is giving him right now.

Cesaro: David, you look angry up there. What? You DIDN’T think that Ryback and I would work well as a team tonight? I got a little competitive I suppose, but I had a great time.

Ryback smirks and nods his head, signalling that he agrees with Cesaro’s sentiments and the fans cheer.

Cesaro: I had such a great time, that I’d actually like to team with you again, Ryback!

Loud pop, and Cesaro puts his hand on Cesaro’s shoulder and turns to Hawkins and Reks on the stage.

Cesaro: Which gives me an idea, actually. You two seem to want to fight me and Ryback, and I think that I can speak for the both of us when I say that we would quite like to fight you as well. So I don’t see why we shouldn’t! So Ryback and I are challenging the two of you to a match next week on Raw!

The fans cheer loudly again for that and Hawkins and Reks desperately shake their heads and look to Otunga for help, but he looks like his hands are tied. Cesaro turns to Ryback and offers him the microphone…

Cesaro: Ryback, anything you’d like to add?

…which he takes.

Ryback: Feed… Me… MORE! FEED! ME! MORE! FEED! ME! MORE! FEED! ME! MORE!

The crowd are quick to join in and Cesaro even hypes them up as the “FEED ME MORE!” chant booms around the arena, as Ryback glares at the men on the stage and holds the mic back out to Cesaro, who almost has to shout over the fans to be heard.

Cesaro: Come on, David, I think you know that these people want to see it! We are in the era of People Power, aren’t we? Make it happen!

***MEAT ON THE TABLE***

The crowd’s chanting continues as Otunga starts to shake with rage between Hawkins and Reks, and he turns around to leave the arena area, with a scared-looking Hawkins and Reks quickly following him to plead their case. Cesaro chucks the microphone over his head so it lands with a clunk and does his shoulder cannon taunt in the direction his rivals left in. Ryback nods his head along to his music and in conjunction with the chanting of the fans, who are showing a lot of love to the new Superstars on the scene.

Jerry Lawler: Would you listen to these fans?! They’re going crazy for these two!

Michael Cole: I think it has been some years since we have had not one, but TWO brand new WWE Superstars arrive in the WWE and make such an instant connection with the WWE Universe!

Jerry Lawler: If I haven’t already said it, I’ll say it again. I predict big things in the futures of both of these men! They’re both young, talented and they’re hungry for success and competition and if you combine those attributes, you have the formula for a long-term success in this business.

Michael Cole: I agree entirely, partner. It doesn’t matter to them that they’ve got on the wrong side of the powers that be so early on, but it hasn’t stopped them getting such a following already and they’re moving up the ladder and a win in this match on Monday night would be another step in the right direction. If the match is on, of course.

Jerry Lawler: Listening to this reaction? Not even John Laurinaitis can ignore this. This is People Power at its strongest, Michael!

It felt good to get backstage, even though I was enjoying myself out there with the fans. I’m surprised that they’ve taken to me so well after such a short amount of time, although there was that support there when I first debuted because of my history before I came here.

I wasn’t lying out there either when I said that I enjoyed myself teaming with Ryback. I wasn’t sure how it would work before it started but once we were out there the competitive streaks inside of us came out and we ended up hurting Hunico badly. I can see Camacho helping him to the back now, and the guy can barely walk after what we did to him. I don’t feel bad though, the guy played tough and then proved he couldn’t hang with us. My only problem with that match was that it was too easy… AGAIN.

At least Hawkins and Reks will be a bit more of a challenge. They’ve worked together before and Otunga will have them out there with a point to prove. I don’t doubt for one second that the match will go ahead. Otunga has already been harassed about what he’s doing to me so he won’t make the mistake of leaving me off of the show again, especially after what happened out there.

I still can’t help but feel that I’m above all of this, though. I’m better than Hawkins and Reks, but it is looking like I’ve got to get past these guys before I can go anywhere else. Ryback helping me out will speed things up with those two clowns, although he will obviously be looking out for his own interests at the same time, just like me. I’m honestly interested to see what would happen if I wrestled him, but maybe I should think about that another time.

Let’s get Hawkins and Reks out of the way and then I’m willing to put my goals to one side to get my hands on Otunga. All this crowd support or not, he’s still cost me a better start to my career and I’m not letting him get away with that.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Otunga's plan has back fired on him. I wonder how Reks, Hawkins, and Otunga will bounce back on RAW the next week. The pairing of Cesaro and Ryback is great and very smart for both men. Ryback, if I remember correctly about this time period, is slowly starting to pick up steam. With two very strong men as a team, there's not many duos that can stop them... but maybe a couple of hounds of justice? Maybe a story for another time, but I can't wait for the inevitable split and feud between these two which I'm sure will come somewhere down the line.

Legit

Status

MONDAY NIGHT RAW
    APRIL 16 2012
    O2 ARENA - LONDON, ENGLAND

This weekend was an interesting one to say the least. I became the first person in the WWE to actually spend some time with Ryback once we landed in London yesterday morning. Funnily enough, we were sat at the back of the plane next to each other in standard class whilst the majority of the other guys were up in first. That was apparently Otunga's idea but I'm not so sure as Hawkins and Reks were also in our section. Either it wasn't a move to get into our heads or Otunga is already trying to distance himself from those two ahead of what is going to happen in our match with them tonight. Ryback and I got to know a few WWE fans on the flight which was great as it showed how well received the two of us are being. We also enjoyed watching Hawkins and Reks glaring at us as no fans even recognized them.

I spoke with Ryback on the flight (even though it was a pretty one-sided conversation) but I got to know him a bit more and I think it will help us in our match tonight. We're both very competitive and I think that we've understood how to make that work to help us in the ring. Also we have the fact that David Otunga is trying to halt our careers before they've properly off of the ground in common, too.

As much as I enjoyed Friday night's match and that I will tonight... I told Ryback that I'm not looking to form a proper tag team with him. Obviously nothing personal, but I've done that before and I want my time in WWE to be for me. Thankfully, he agreed and told me he wants the same. We agreed that we'd show Otunga his mistake and then focus on our own careers in singles competition. It's a win-win for both of us; we get what we want and keep an ally when all is said and done.

It's been nice to be in the UK again and the crowd out in the arena has been great so far. It should be almost a hometown crowd for me, which will be nice.

Unlike our match on Smackdown, Ryback has actually came looking for me beforehand to go through anything and we are just in the middle of discussing how we are going to do the Military Press/European Uppercut move again tonight when we see Josh Matthews approaching us and asking for a quick interview before our match.

Following the handover from the commentary team, JOSH MATTHEWS is backstage in the locker room area. Standing with him are CESARO and RYBACK, and the appearance of two of the rising stars in the WWE gets a pop from inside the O2 and a small "FEED ME MORE!" chant breaks out, causing both Ryback to grin a little.

Josh Matthews: I'm here standing by with Cesaro and Ryback, ahead of their tag team match up next against Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks. Cesaro, I'll ask you my first question. How does it feel knowing that you're about to go out there in front of the British WWE Universe for the first time?

Cesaro: I've wrestled around the world and in the UK plenty of times before, and I think it's great being here. The crowds are supportive but aren't afraid to let you know what they think of you. I'm really excited to get out there.

The crowd cheers Cesaro's pleasing response and Matthews turns to Ryback.

Josh Matthews: How about you, Ryback? Same question.

Ryback: I'm looking forward to going out there and satisfying my hunger.

Matthews looks a little uncomfortable after that response from Ryback, and chooses to turn back to Cesaro.

Josh Matthews: Cesaro, much has been said about your relationship with the Assistant General Manager David Otunga. Do you have any further comments?

Cesaro nods and thinks about it for a second.

Cesaro: I've made it clear that I believe that David Otunga is holding new WWE Superstars such as Ryback and myself back for his own personal gain. I know that I'm not alone in thinking this.

Ryback nods to signify his agreement.

Cesaro: Someone such as myself? I feel that I am capable of facing the top Superstars here in the WWE, which is why I made the decision to come here. David Otunga has been responsible for me either, not being on the show, or facing competition much below the quality that I need in order to test myself and improve.

It's becoming clear that Cesaro is getting a little heated.

Cesaro: So me and Ryback are stuck facing guys like Heath Slater and Camacho, whilst Otunga is giving himself a United States title shot tonight? That doesn't sit too well with me.

Josh Matthews: Cesaro, if I may, you said yourself that your opponents tonight, Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks, were below your level... But it was you who challenged them to the match tonight?

Cesaro: We wouldn't have even had a match at all tonight if I didn't. Whilst I'm not pleased with who I have been facing, it is better than facing no one at all.

Cesaro checks with Ryback, who nods again.

Cesaro: I said last week on Smackdown that I'm willing to put my ambitions to the side in order to make David Otunga regret what he has done to us since we have arrived here and show him his mistake. Tonight, we're going to get show his boys why they're going to regret trying to take the two of us out last week.

Josh Matthews: Then what happens?

Cesaro stands back and allows Ryback to step forward and he takes the microphone from Matthews, and starely unflinchingly down the camera.

Ryback: FEED! ME! MORE!

Ryback stares at the camera with a raged expression and the fans in the arena immediately begin to chant “FEED ME MORE”, and both men nod their heads along to the chants as the camera fades away.

It isn't long until we're on now, so Ryback and I decide to head over to Gorilla. We don't talk that much as we do, but then Ryback points in the direction of a TV monitor showing the action in the arena at the moment...

It's Otunga's US Championship Match.

We decide that we'll hurry over to ringside during the next break when we are due to be out there and catch the rest of the match. I already have a reason to want to get my hands on Otunga, but if he's the United States Champion then all the more reason. I don't see why it wouldn't make for a good first championship in the WWE.

It is actually surprisingly back and forth, considering how much of a roll Santino has been on lately, and Otunga is putting in one of the best performances that I've seen from him... but JUST like that Santino hits the Cobra and it is over. We can't see much of Otunga after the defeat as the cameras are focussed on Santino, and then The Miz coming through the crowd and attacking him and raising the title in the air. This makes Ryback chuckle, as already we have been told that no one takes The Miz seriously and people actively try to avoid talking to him.

Once the match is over and the show goes to a break, we realise that it is time to get ready to head out there so we walk over to the Gorilla position and we can see that Hawkins and Reks are already there and they're talking with Otunga, who is complaining that they didn't help him. I then thought I heard Hawkins reply that he didn't help them because they didn't want the match with us tonight. Looks like that partnership won't be lasting very long, but it won't be splitting on good terms like myself and Ryback.

They see us head over and quickly head out into the arena to make their entrance during the break. Before he can be left alone with me and Ryback, Otunga walks in the other direction after casting us a dirty look. We agree that I'll head out there first and I take my position as the break ends.

***MIRACLE***

We return from our commercial break and the fans in the O2 are on their feet as CESARO walks out onto the stage in his black wrestling trunks, which are this week stylised with a white 'C' at the side. As Cesaro does his signature shoulder cannon taunt, the camera cuts to his opponents, already in the ring, CURT HAWKINS and TYLER REKS.

Justin Roberts: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, already in the ring, weighing a combined four-hundred-and-sixty-nine pounds, Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks! And their opponents, first, on his way to the ring, from Lucerne, Switzerland, weighing two-hundred-and-thirty-two pounds… CESAROOOOO!

Cesaro has the crowd doing his taunt along with him as he slaps hands with fans on his way down the ramp, as his opponents glare at him from in the ring.

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Monday Night Raw, live from the O2 Arena in London, England! If you have just joined us you've missed a great show so far but there is plenty more still to come! John Cena is going to face the mysterious and dominant Lord Tensai in our main event and we're trying to organise an interview with The Miz to explain why he just attacked the United States Champion, Santino Marella!

Jerry Lawler: Santino was celebrating his successful title defence against David Otunga, and then The Miz came out of nowhere and hit poor Santino with the Skull Crushing Finale ONTO the United States Championship belt!

Michael Cole: A move possibly organised by Otunga, King, if Otunga's recent actions are anything to go by.

Jerry Lawler: Especially towards this man, Cesaro! This guy burst onto the scene a couple of weeks ago and has amazed us already with what he can do in a wrestling ring, but Otunga is doing everything he can to clip his wings and keep him back. I suppose it is so he can give himself all of the title shots like he did tonight!

Michael Cole: We know that David Otunga hasn't acted alone in blocking Cesaro. His opponents tonight, Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks, have been there with Otunga the entire time! They even attacked Cesaro last week after he defeated Heath Slater. They were trying to get some revenge after Cesaro embarrassed the two of them on his first night here two weeks ago.

Jerry Lawler: But luckily for Cesaro, he had some back up…

***MEAT ON THE TABLE***

Within seconds, “FEED ME MORE” is heard over the music of the man-machine RYBACK, as he stomps out onto the stage. The camera pans up to go into a close up on his face and he exhales loudly and intensely says “Feed. Me.” and then shouts “MORE!”.

Justin Roberts: Introducing his tag team partner… from Sin City, weighing in at two-hundred-and-ninety-one pounds… RYYYYBAAACK!

Cesaro waits for his partner at the bottom of the ramp and the two of them slide into the ring together, causing both Hawkins and Reks to duck out of the ring.

Jerry Lawler: Hawkins and Reks getting the hell out of there as soon as Cesaro get into the ring! With their record against these two guys I understand why they’ve done that!

Michael Cole: We know that they saw what Cesaro and Ryback did to Hunico and Camacho on Smackdown this past Friday! They even tried a repeat of their post-match assault on Cesaro but were unsuccessful on this occasion.

Jerry Lawler: They were hardly successful last week on Raw. They might have got a couple of shots in on Cesaro but that’s it! Ryback came out here and together he and Cesaro cleaned house!

Michael Cole: That was much to the annoyance of David Otunga, who has had to watch from the stage each time these two have worked together to clear out his lackeys, for lack of a better word.

Jerry Lawler: I don’t think Hawkins and Reks would agree the usage of that word, Michael. They weren’t out here to help Otunga become the United States Champion just now and I think they weren’t best pleased with being forced into accepting this match tonight. But Otunga is right on board with People Power with John Laurinaitis, and the people definitely wanted to see Ryback and Cesaro team up tonight. They probably also want to see them get their hands on Otunga himself! I know I do!

The referee has to ensure that Ryback and Cesaro stay in their corner in order to encourage Hawkins and Reks to get into the ring so the match can start. Tyler Reks bravely volunteers himself to start the match off for his team, but as soon as Ryback steps forward to commence the match with him, he says that he wants Cesaro and refuses to start the match unless it is against Cesaro and not Ryback.

Michael Cole: Tyler Reks trying to argue that Cesaro should start the match with him instead of Ryback; that’s like choosing to be hit by a truck instead of a bus! It’s still going to really hurt!

Cesaro duly steps forwards and put his hand on Ryback’s shoulder to appease him, and the big guy eventually agrees to start the match on the apron.

TAG TEAM MATCH
    CESARO & RYBACK vs CURT HAWKINS & TYLER REKS

Once the bell rings, Reks approaches Cesaro with a head of steam, but Cesaro simply sidesteps him meaning Reks has to quickly put on the brakes to stop running right into where Ryback can grab him from the apron. He smirks at Ryback, completely forgetting about Cesaro behind him, that is until he turns around and is met with a Dropkick to the chest from the Swiss! Cesaro’s athletic turn gets a pop from the crowd and he springs back up to his feet. Reks tries to strike Cesaro from down on one knee as he tries to get up, but Cesaro is ready for it and takes Reks over with a Side Suplex.

Reks brings himself to his feet using the ropes and stares at Cesaro and tries to initiate a grappling sequence with him but Cesaro quickly gets the go-behind and runs Reks into the ropes. Reks holds onto the ropes to block the pinning attempt as Cesaro rolls backwards and Reks goes for a Big Boot as soon as Cesaro pops back up but it is swiftly ducked. Cesaro grabs Reks’s standing leg and takes it through with him, landing Reks down onto his front and Cesaro keeps hold of the leg to trap Reks in a Boston Crab!

The quickness of Cesaro gets a nice pop and Reks struggles on the mat whilst Cesaro cranks back on his leg. The referee is down on the floor to check whether Reks wants to continue, and it looks like he may even tap out - but Hawkins comes into the ring and breaks the hold!

(Michael Cole: Curt Hawkins comes in illegally and breaks the hold with a clubbing blow to Cesaro!)

Hawkins doesn't have much of a chance to help Reks capitalise, as Ryback enters the ring and chases Hawkins out! Hawkins desperately runs around the ring away from the chasing Ryback, until he slides back into the ring and Ryback abates. Although that proves to be another mistake on Hawkins's part as Cesaro drops him with a European Uppercut! Hawkins goes down but the distraction allowed Reks to recover and he drills Cesaro with a Big Boot!

The fans boo and Ryback is pissed off in the corner and can only watch as Reks now puts the boots to Cesaro before reaching across to the repositioned Hawkins on the apron and tagging him in. Hawkins puts the boots to the Swiss some more and drapes his neck across the middle rope, choking him but making sure to release it by the count of 5. Before Cesaro can even get his breath back, Hawkins kicks him in the ribs and tags Tyler Reks back into the match. Once Reks is in the ring he repeats Hawkins's move and kicks Cesaro in the ribs once again.

This is the furthest we have seen anyone dole out some damage on Cesaro since his debut and Reks aggressively brings him back up to his feet and Scoop Slams him down onto the mat. Hawkins is tagged back in and Reks holds Cesaro down on his back by putting his foot across his throat and Hawkins drops an elbow across Cesaro's chest and goes for a cover, but it only gets a one! This angers Hawkins, who tags Reks back into things and he rolls Cesaro onto his front and drops both knees down across his back and ribs. It is Reks's turn to try the cover but Cesaro kicks out at one again!

There is a building crowd support as Cesaro finds himself in trouble and is being well isolated by Hawkins and Reks, with Ryback on the apron shouting that he wants a tag, with Cesaro trying to reach him at any opportunity. Reks puts Cesaro in an Abdominal Stretch and tags Hawkins back into the match. Hawkins takes his time to line up his shot at Cesaro's exposed ribs, but he takes far too long to take it and Cesaro frees himself to Hip Toss Reks into Hawkins's path! Cesaro tries to make it to Ryback but his mini-comeback only served to delay Hawkins slightly and Hawkins charges at him from behind and takes him down with a Running Bulldog!

This is greeted with loud boos as the fans were excited for Cesaro to make the tag to Ryback. Hawkins knows it and taunts the crowd, but then makes the error of taunting RYBACK right in his face - and he's floored with a right hand! THIS is what gives Cesaro the opportunity to get to his partner... and Ryback is in the match!

'The Big Guy' wastes no time getting in there and he knocks Reks down with a Shoulder Block which sends him into the corner! Hawkins is back up and clubs Ryback from behind but it is no-sold, and Ryback takes him over with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex!! The match has completely broken down and Cesaro gets back to his feet and shares a nod with Ryback as Hawkins uses the corner opposite to Reks to get back up to a vertical base. Cesaro and Ryback go back-to-back in the ring and charge at their opponents, with Ryback hitting a Running Splash in the corner on Hawkins and Cesaro delivering a Running European Uppercut to Reks!!

Both Hawkins and Reks stumble towards each other in the middle of the ring and lean on each other to keep in place and Cesaro grabs Reks from behind and placing him up on his shoulder with Ryback doing the same to Hawkins... slamming them down into the mat with Running Powerslam, paying tribute to the British Bulldog! This gets a loud pop from the London crowd and Cesaro grabs Reks and tosses him out of the ring and takes his place back on the apron. Ryback meanwhile, stands in the corner and thrusts his shoulder forward and the "FEED ME MORE!" chant picks up in time with it. Once a loopy Hawkins gets back to his feet, Ryback mows through him with a MEATHOOK CLOTHESLINE!!

Hawkins is done, but Ryback and Cesaro are not. Sharing another nod, Ryback tags Cesaro in before plucking Hawkins from the mat and lifting him up into the air in a Military Press... and he drops him down into a European Uppercut from Cesaro! Hawkins has barely hit the mat coming down before Cesaro has picked him back up and put him in position for the NEUTRALIZER!! Cesaro hooks the leg!

ONE!

TWO!!

THREE!!!

WINNERS: CESARO & RYBACK (6.35)
    ***MIRACLE***

Justin Roberts
    : Here are your winners, Ryback and CESAAAROOO!

Ryback joins Cesaro in the ring and bumps him on the back to congratulate him. The fans already start another booming "FEED ME MORE" chant and join in with Cesaro when he climbs up onto the second rope and does his shoulder cannon taunt. Over the scenes of celebration from within the arena, we briefly cut to DAVID OTUNGA backstage watching on a monitor, with an extremely vexed expression on his face.

Michael Cole: Well, ladies and gentlemen, there you can see the man who's actions have brought Cesaro and Ryback together to become this force, which is to be reckoned with! For all of their sins, Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks did make a decent account of themselves but in the end it was the power moves of both of their opponents which made the difference.

Jerry Lawler: I'm surprised that these two are so in-sync after such a short time teaming with each other! I don't even think we can class these two as a permanent pairing anyway, Michael.

Michael Cole: I'm sure both men do have their own ambitions in singles competition, and I think they'll both find a lot of success along the way. But the question remains whether they'll be able to make that progression with David Otunga helping John Laurinaitis call the shots!

Jerry Lawler: I do hope that they find a way to. These are two exciting Superstars for sure and I've enjoyed watching them so far in the short time that they have been with us. We could be looking at two future champions here in the WWE, and performances like tonight must show even knuckleheads like David Otunga just how good these two can be.

Michael Cole: They've beat Hawkins and Reks, but what else can these two do to show Otunga and John Laurinaitis that they're deserving of the opportunities?

Jerry Lawler: I'm a firm believer in giving someone first hand experience.

The faces continue to celebrate in the ring as Hawkins and Reks struggle up the ramp together, both scowling at the men in the ring. Cesaro even holds the ropes open for them and asks if they want to go again but quickly gives up and diverts his attention back to the crowd. He has a quick chat with Ryback before both men climb up the turnbuckles and celebrate as we fade away.

The quick word I had with Ryback in the ring was both of us agreeing that we're done with the tag team matches. I enjoyed both of them and it does feel good to say we're undefeated as a team. Hawkins and Reks did even surprise me a little bit with their work in the ring. Hawkins by himself two weeks ago was a breeze but together as a team I was almost in trouble for a moment or two. I suppose Hawkins is a former tag team champion.

It wasn't until after the show that someone told me what Jerry Lawler said on commentary about showing Otunga first-hand what I can do in the ring and getting him to properly come around to my way of thinking. I need to get him in the ring, in a match with me. He'll never agree to it though.

I do need this match because tonight's win is going to mean nothing unless I am given the chance to follow it up with another. I don't want to go around picking fights at random backstage; that isn't my style. I do my work in the ring and nowhere else.

There's no point in just asking him for a match, but if I am able to get him in front of the cameras like I did last week on Raw then he'll again be left with no choice but to give in because it is what the people will want to see. Smackdown is in the O2 again on Friday night but everyone who's going to be on the show has already been told. Everyone else, which obviously includes me, has been told to fly back to the states for Raw next week in Detroit. I suppose I could hang around in London for a few more days...

Legit

Status

Just a bit of news and notes now following Raw, before Smackdown will be posted either tomorrow or at the weekend. I've been enjoying writing this so far and I'm working away for a couple of weeks from next week so will hopefully be able to write a few more shows whilst I'm there. Thanks to those reading

Quote Originally Posted by wwe.com
    BREAKING NEWS

CESARO FINED $5,000
    April 17 2012

wwe.com can report that WWE Superstar Cesaro has been fined $5,000 for failing to board a flight this morning from London Heathrow Airport back to the USA following last night's episode of Raw which came from The O2 Arena in England's capital.

The Swiss Superstar was informed after the show that he would not be appearing on Smackdown this Friday night, also from The O2, and was instructed that he would be flying back home with other Superstars not scheduled to appear. It was when the WWE contingent went to go through passport control that they realized Cesaro was not with them.

Cesaro has been ordered that he is now not to fly back to America until Friday night after Smackdown, and travel with the remaining WWE Supertars and crew, and further action in the form of a suspension will be taken should he fail to board this flight as well.

WWE will be taking no further action at this time and advises the WWE Universe, that despite still being in London, Cesaro will not be making an appearance on Smackdown, and has been asked not to attend the arena, instead meeting the WWE party at Heathrow after the show.

Legit

Status

FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
    APRIL 20 2012
    O2 ARENA - LONDON, ENGLAND

I've decided to ignore all warnings and accept my fine, and I may have bent the truth a little when I said that I wasn't able to get to the airport in time due to the London traffic. On top of the fine, WWE told me that I had to arrange my own accommodation for the rest of the week and if I wasn't on that plane with everyone else after Smackdown tonight that I'd be suspended for a month without pay. I have a sneaky suspicion that people knew what I was up to when I wasn't on that plane with Ryback and the others. It is serious what I have done but I have a point to prove and I don't want to waste any more time in making it.

I was also told to stay in my hotel, which was actually a friend's living room, for the duration of tonight's show and not to come to the arena under any circumstances and be ready at Heathrow for when everyone else arrives. My argument for when I arrive at the arena will be that this is the best way for me to ensure that I'm at the airport at the same time as everyone else - if I'm already with everyone else.

In the cab on my way back to the O2, I think about what I'm going to say to Otunga and how I can convince him to give me the match that I need.

The show has already started when I arrive at the arena, as there aren't very big crowds outside the arena. I start to walk over to the doors and I notice a camera crew waiting at the main entrance of the arena... along with some men in black shirts and trousers, and a much smaller man standing in the middle of it all in a sweatervest...

Michael Cole: Sorry for interrupting you, partner, but we're receiving word of an altercation of sorts outside the arena. We - we have a camera crew already out there.

The feed cuts immediately from the commentary table to outside the O2, where a heated discussion can be heard as the cameraman steadies himself to we can see who it is between. DAVID OTUNGA is standing amongst a group of arena security guards and CESARO is the man standing in front of them, in street clothes!

Michael Cole: Cesaro! You would have seen on wwe.com during the week that Cesaro was told to head back to America for Raw next week, but missed his flight and we also were under the impression that he wasn't going to be here tonight! Remember, King, he challenged Otunga to a match at Extreme Rules next Sunday night!

Jerry Lawler: It looks like he's taken matters into his own hands! His issues with David Otunga have reached boiling point and Cesaro is trying to force his way in! He wants this match and he’s going to risk getting suspended to get it!

There is no physical conflict yet as Cesaro listens to the guards tell him to leave – which he obviously ignores.

Cesaro: Please, can you all just be quiet and let me speak to Mr Otunga?

The guards aren’t having any of it and keep calling Cesaro “mate” which is starting to irritate him. Otunga clears his throat loudly and moves forwards, but still behind the guards.

David Otunga: What do you want, Cesaro?

Cesaro: You know exactly what I want, David. I want you in that ring! It is about time that I show you what I can do and after that you won’t be leaving me off the shows again!

Cesaro finds himself having to shout over the security guards, who insist on trying to tell him to leave. Otunga steps through them and holds his hand up and finally the security shut up. Cesaro’s demeanour also relaxes, and he holds his hands up to show that he isn’t going to attack Otunga.

David Otunga: I know that you want a match with me at Extreme Rules. Let me tell you now that that’s not going to happen.

Cesaro: You can’t duck me or hide behind security guards forever, David. We are going to have this match, one way or another!

David Otunga: Now here is where I think that you need to understand something, Cesaro.

Showing some uncharacteristic bravery, no doubt in part to the burly men backing him up, Otunga steps forward and gets in Cesaro’s face. He pokes him on the chest and does so again with every syllable.

David Otunga: You don’t make the matches here.

Cesaro looks down at Otunga’s finger disapprovingly, and then back at his rival with an extremely angered expression.

David Otunga: I know that you haven’t been in WWE for that long and English isn’t even your first language, but I assumed that you had at least some semblance of logic, respect or decorum. Your behaviour towards me has been unacceptable and you have already been penalised for improper conduct because you are supposed to be on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean right now! So I suggest, to avoid further punishment, you leave immediately!

Otunga glares in Cesaro’s face and then turns around before Cesaro can say anything else, motions to the guards.

David Otunga: Take him to the airport now.

Just like that, the guards try to apprehend Cesaro under Otunga’s supervision but Cesaro isn’t going quietly, rocking the first security member with a European Uppercut, dropping him to the ground immediately! We can hear loud cheering in the arena as the fans are shown watching the developing scuffle on the TitanTron, as the other three security try to bundle on Cesaro, but he tees off on them one by one and drills another one with another European Uppercut!

Michael Cole: Cesaro has had enough of David Otunga’s excuses! He didn’t want to fight his way to Otunga but his hand has been forced tonight outside the O2 Arena!

Another guard is taken overhead with a Back Body Drop and he lands hard on the concrete floor and the fourth is finally taken down defiantly with a Headbutt! Cesaro steps away from the small mound of humanity he has left lying in his wake and advances on Otunga, who’s escape route is blocked by members of the WWE Universe who have come to see what all of the commotion was about!

Jerry Lawler: Look, Michael! Otunga has nowhere to run this time! Go on Cesaro, get him!

Cesaro pauses before he properly approaches Otunga, who holds his hands out and tries to plead with him, even offering him the match that he wants. A “CE-SAR-O!” chant booms inside of the arena and even the crowd of people watching joins in. Suddenly, there is a ruffle in the mass of people watching the fight and eventually JOHN LAURINAITIS himself emerges and stands next to Otunga. Laurinaitis is understandably pissed off, and he stands tall and points to Cesaro.

John Laurinaitis: Cesaro, ENOUGH! Stop this right now or you’re fired, do you understand me? If you put your hands on me or David then that’s it!

Booing ensues in the arena and Cesaro finally adopts a less-aggressive stance and Laurinaitis steps towards him.

John Laurinaitis: This obsession with my assistant and legal adviser has to stop immediately, or you can wave goodbye to any chance of a match on WWE television ever again, let alone a title shot! You and your friend Ryback have been a thorn in my side because you’ve stopped David doing his job, and that cannot continue any longer.

Cesaro: You know what? I agree with you, Mister Laurinaitis! Now you’re going to tell me what you’re going to do about it.

John Laurinaitis: I-

Cesaro: Let me tell you what you SHOULD do about it, then! You’ve said it yourself a hundred times now to the point where I’m tired of hearing it, the show is about these people, right?

Laurinaitis nods and the fans cheer.

Cesaro: They want me versus him at Extreme Rules! (Turning to the surrounding fans, arms outstretched) That's what you all want to see, huh? Me versus Otunga?

A “YES!” chant breaks out around Cesaro, Laurinaitis and Otunga and inside the arena as well, which has Cesaro grinning and nodding.

Cesaro: So why don’t you give them what they want?

John Laurinaitis: I see what you’re trying to do, Cesaro. You’re trying to blackmail me using People Power and it isn’t going to work, not that easy! Especially after what you’ve done this week and tonight. No, if you want this match with Otunga, then you’re going to earn it the hard way! This Monday night on Raw, you’re running the gauntlet! If you beat three opponents of David Otunga’s choosing then you’ll get your match at Extreme Rules!

Cesaro slaps his hands together in glee and enjoys the cheering from the crowd after getting his opportunity, as Laurinaitis leads a shaken Otunga away from the scene.

Jerry Lawler: Cesaro gets his opportunity to face Otunga, Michael! Who’d have thought that JOHN LAURINAITIS of ALL people would be the one that gave Cesaro this opportunity!

Michael Cole: All Cesaro has to do to earn his match is defeat three Superstars in one night when we’re in Detroit on Monday night!

Jerry Lawler: The only catch is that Otunga is the one who gets to decide on Cesaro’s opponents! Who do you think he’ll choose, Michael?

Michael Cole: You’re guess is as good as mine at the moment, King! I don’t think Cesaro is worrying about that now as he’s too busy celebrating with the WWE Universe!

After ten minutes or so of signing autographs with the fans who had gathered, I headed to the back in the arena. Security let me straight through without any question after seeing what happened to their colleagues.

I had no intention of getting into a physical confrontation but Otunga made it clear that he wasn’t going to give me what I was asking for, and I was actually stunned when John Laurinaitis did. I’ve got what I wanted in the first place: competition. Running a gauntlet is never easy and I’m even excited that Otunga is going to serve me up three of the toughest guys on the roster – no Hawkins or Reks.

Some of the boys in the back congratulated me for what I’d done and even CM Punk, the WWE Champion himself, told me I did the right thing when I briefly spoke to him in the corridor.

I even spotted Otunga speaking to some of the Team Johnny members from Wrestlemania, so I have some sort of idea who it is I’ll be facing on Monday night…

Apologies for another Smackdown without a match, but I'm going to make up for it with three matches on Raw... if Cesaro is able to win the first two gauntlet matches. Going to drop a couple of bits of feedback before doing a bit more writing on this. Hope all enjoy!

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

I’ve been commended on my portrayal of Mauro and JBL but right out the bat I can see that your command of Cole and King is really, really aces. Otunga is such a prick, you write him really well and I’m loving the lengths Cesaro is going to to get him in the ring. It’s like after all the huffing and puffing, Cesaro finally made it on the big stage and now there’s this dickhead still standing in his way. Popped hard for the European uppercut. I actually thought Cesaro was going to get his hands on Otunga here but I love how you’re drawing this out, it’s going to make the inevitable payoff that much sweeter when it happens. If you had have said when you started this thread that you were planning on Otunga being Cesaro’s first main rival I would’ve silently thought you were crazy but really at this point, I cannot wait until the Swiss Superman gets his hands on Otunga. The gauntlet is going to be tough but I wonder if you’ll use this as a platform to showcase Cesaro’s peak conditioning and endurance early on in the project.

You have me invested, I’m eliciting real reactions when I’m reading – cheering when Cesaro uppercut the security guard, genuinely being annoyed when Laurinitis stopped Cesaro getting at Otunga – and to me that’s the true sign of a top quality project. Again, this is easily my top 3 project on the site alongside ECW on Netflix and THRIVE. Charlemm and Natty are top of the range writers so you’re keeping very good company atm. 2017 is going to be a big, big year for you TWG. Keep at it.

Russo Knows Best!

Status

I have really enjoyed reading this project, and it is 100% the best single star project that I've read. I can't wait to see how this all develops.
    The BTB Section Only Improves If We All Improve Together.
    I am willing to review your work as much as I can and if you ask nicely I will even make graphics for you. Be The Booker 4 Life!

Legit

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    I’ve been commended on my portrayal of Mauro and JBL but right out the bat I can see that your command of Cole and King is really, really aces. Otunga is such a prick, you write him really well and I’m loving the lengths Cesaro is going to to get him in the ring. It’s like after all the huffing and puffing, Cesaro finally made it on the big stage and now there’s this dickhead still standing in his way. Popped hard for the European uppercut. I actually thought Cesaro was going to get his hands on Otunga here but I love how you’re drawing this out, it’s going to make the inevitable payoff that much sweeter when it happens. If you had have said when you started this thread that you were planning on Otunga being Cesaro’s first main rival I would’ve silently thought you were crazy but really at this point, I cannot wait until the Swiss Superman gets his hands on Otunga. The gauntlet is going to be tough but I wonder if you’ll use this as a platform to showcase Cesaro’s peak conditioning and endurance early on in the project.

You have me invested, I’m eliciting real reactions when I’m reading – cheering when Cesaro uppercut the security guard, genuinely being annoyed when Laurinitis stopped Cesaro getting at Otunga – and to me that’s the true sign of a top quality project. Again, this is easily my top 3 project on the site alongside ECW on Netflix and THRIVE. Charlemm and Natty are top of the range writers so you’re keeping very good company atm. 2017 is going to be a big, big year for you TWG. Keep at it.
    Cheers mate, it is honestly great to hear that you're enjoying it so much, it really means a lot. Thanks for the comments re Cole and King, as they were initially there just for effect but I quickly realised that they're also a device to help put things over, which is what commentary should be used as in a project. Plus, I enjoy writing those two getting along.

I'd have been the same to be honest with you; I can't ever recall reading a project where David bloomin' Otunga was a focal figure and actually booked in something. (would be interested in reading if anyone is able to hit me up with a link) so using him in some prominence was another challenge for the project, but I'm glad it has been received the way that is has.

Thanks for the support mate, and just a heads up to be expecting some points from me as well at the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Millar View Post
    I have really enjoyed reading this project, and it is 100% the best single star project that I've read. I can't wait to see how this all develops.
    Cheers, Millar - I know that you've got a good eye for a project so it is much appreciated that you're enjoying what I've got going on here.

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

All caught up with this TWG and I must say it is really taking shape nicely.

I enjoyed Cesaro tagging with Ryback and picking up the win against Hunico and Camacho and then fighting off Reks and Hawkins one more time on the following RAW. And the Swiss Superman taking things into his own hands and turning up on SmackDown unscheduled was a good way of getting him over. Everyone loves a rebel. Intirgued to see which three superstars you have him go up against in the gauntlet. I'm thinking maybe Reks, Hawkins and one other. Or as a complete swerve you could have him face Ryback. I'm intrigued regardless and hope he gets his match against Otunga at Extreme Rules.

Also the presentation and layout looks clean and I agree with Tig, the way Cole and King come off in your dialogue really adds to the story. Props on this and keep the great work up!
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Legit

Status

MONDAY NIGHT RAW
    APRIL 23 2012
    JOE LOUIS ARENA - DETROIT, MICHIGAN

I'm surprised that I wasn't fined again after my actions on Friday night in London but I was quick to apologise to the arena staff for attacking them, but they understood why I did it. In fact, I'm still surprised that John Laurinaitis was the one that gave me my opportunity for a match with Otunga, but I know it won't be as easy as it sounds - and a Gauntlet Match doesn't even sound that easy!

It will probably be three of the biggest and meanest guys on the roster as they've only really seen me against people smaller than me; only really Tyler Reks has been around the same size. They obviously aren't aware of my strength, and I'm confident that I can deadlift anyone on this roster including the Big Show. But he's a public critic of John Laurinaitis so I doubt he'll be one of the three Otunga pulls out of the woodwork.

My instructions are to head out there after the opening promo which is the contract signing between Cena and Lesnar, so Otunga will already be out there when it is time for me to go. I've spoken to a few people backstage and have been told to expect people Laurinaitis has already been associated with in the past as well as any of Otunga's old allies - it could be a Nexus reunion!

Ryback has offered a few words of encouragement too; I'm doing this just as much for his benefit as it is for mine as Otunga has put us in the same position. He also told me that he'll be watching and ready to stop any shenanigans, but told me that in a fair fight I could probably take all three guys at once.

There's the nod - just as Cena gets F5'd through the signing table. I have a few minutes to prepare to make the biggest step in my WWE career so far.

After the commercial break, we return into the arena where the ring has now been cleared of John Cena and the table wreckage, and even John Laurinaitis has headed to the back. DAVID OTUNGA is standing in the middle of the ring and he paces around and asks for a microphone. The fans boo loudly as Otunga tries to talk; a loud "YOU SUCK!" chant booms around the arena, but this doesn't dent Otunga's mood or confidence one bit. He is in total contrast to how we ast saw him on Smackdown after his close call outside of the arena.

David Otunga: If you would all give me the opportunity to speak for one moment-

BOOOOOOOOO! Otunga snarls but presses on anyway, ignoring the Motor City faithful.

David Otunga: For those of you who are not aware of what is about to happen... I am about to invite Cesaro out to the ring and he is going to participate in a challenge set out last week on Smackdown by the General Manager of Raw and Smackdown, the esteemed Mister John Laurinaitis.

The initial cheering for the mention of Cesaro is drowned out by boos for Laurinaitis.

David Otunga: Should Cesaro be successful in this challenge, I have agreed to face him in a match this Sunday at Extreme Rules in Chicago!

Loud cheers, but Otunga wags his finger, shaking his head.

David Otunga: I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is not going to happen. As good as Cesaro thinks he is, he will not complete this challenge and subsequently will not be facing me this Sunday. You see, Cesaro's actions of late have been far from satisfactory and Mister Laurinaitis assured me that the reason for him being offered this match with me is under the guise of being an opportunity to give Cesaro something he wants. Let me be crystal clear so even all of you here tonight can understand me... Cesaro, is being punished.

Loud boos from the fans, and Otunga screws his face up as if he is disgusted by something.

David Otunga: Cesaro skipped a flight and tried to blame it on traffic, he trespassed into the arena and then assaulted several members of staff in an unprovoked attack! Five thousand dollars? He's lucky he didn't get FIRED! He embarrassed the WWE and John Laurinaitis with his actions last week in London and John Laurinaitis wants him to pay for it. Firing him would be too easy. If he wants this match with me, he has to beat THREE of the top Superstars here in the WWE - three former World Champions to be precise! He has to beat them one after another and then, and ONLY then, will he get me in the ring with him this Sunday!

The scowl stops and he calms down a little, and smirks among the booing from all sides around him.

David Otunga: So I'm quite confident that I won't be needing to bring my ring gear to the Allstate Arena on Sunday night, because I have been granted permission by Mister Laurinaitis to award the person who pins Cesaro tonight a WWE Championship Match next Monday night on Raw!

There is a mixed reaction for that, as it means a Cesaro defeat, but a WWE Title Match is a WWE Title Match after all.

David Otunga: But I am not going to have it be said that John Laurinaitis is not a fair man. So in the interest of fairness, and after obtaining my consent, Mister Laurinaitis has allowed Cesaro to choose the match stipulation for our match at Extreme Rules, should he survive the gauntlet tonight.

The fans pop loudly for that and Otunga nods along with them.

David Otunga: Still not gonna happen though... Anyway, Cesaro, please come on down.

***MIRACLE***

To a loud amount of cheers from the WWE Universe, CESARO walks out from behind the curtain and does the shoulder cannon taunt for the fans who respond with it back to him in kind. He has a red vest on over his trunks with the white cross of the Swiss flag on it, which he impressively rips apart and throws into the crowd for a memento for a fan, before making his way down to the ring.

Justin Roberts: The following contest is a Gauntlet Match! This match will be over once the challenger has defeated all three opponents one after the other or when the challenger himself is defeated. Introducing first, the challenger, from Lucerne, Switzerland, weighing two-hundred-and-thirty-two pounds… CESAROOOOO!

Michael Cole: Some very strong words there from David Otunga before Cesaro began to make his entrance, King.

Jerry Lawler: That could be the understatement of the year, Michael! I will admit that I was initially suspicious when I had thought about the reasons why John Laurinaitis would give Cesaro this opportunity to face David Otunga, but now we've had it set out for us, I can completely understand why he's done this; he wants to punish Cesaro for his actions last week whilst we were in London!

Michael Cole: That's right, Cesaro's match tonight is designed to take him out of commission! Five thousands dollars clearly not enough compensation for his actions in John Laurinaitis's eyes and these three former World Heavyweight Champions, whoever they are, will be even more motivated to be the guy that beats Cesaro because they'll be rewarded with a WWE Championship opportunity next week live on Monday Night Raw against either CM Punk or Chris Jericho!

Jerry Lawler: That's if they're able to beat Cesaro. He had motivation enough with the match against Otunga waiting for him if he can pull this off tonight, but he will now get to choose the match type he has with Otunga if he wins? If that won't help him make sure he wins tonight the I don't know what else will!

Michael Cole: What happens if Cesaro loses tonight though, King? He loses his match with Otunga - but does he also say goodbye to any more opportunities in the WWE?

Jerry Lawler: Only time will tell if he doesn't pick up the win tonight, but I can imagine that David Otunga will have something in mind should Cesaro not be successful.

As Cesaro enters the ring, he warily keeps an eye on Otunga in case any pre-match attack is going to take place. In truth, he needn't worry, as Otunga is more afraid of being left in the ring with him rather than it being the other way around. Although the Assistant GM is doing everything in his power not to show it - the small twitches in his stone-faced expression tells the story that he isn't comfortable. Cesaro's music cuts out and the fans show their support for the Swiss with a "CE-SAR-O!" chant, which he thanks them for.

Justin Roberts: And his opponents...

All attention diverts to the stage.

"CHECK ONE, TWO... AWWW YEAH!"
    ***GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES***

It is a largely negative response from the fans as JACK SWAGGER stomps out onto the stage, roaring out to the fans and slapping himself in the face to warm himself up. He's accompanied by his manager VICKIE GUERRERO, who thankfully doesn't have a microphone with her. Interestingly, Vickie's other charge is not with them and she beams in Otunga's direction as Otunga applauds her and Swagger as they make their entrance. Cesaro seems moderately impressed with Otunga's selection and cocks his head as he sizes Swagger up.

Justin Roberts: First... Accompanied by Vickie Guerero... From Perry, Oklahoma, weighing two-hundred-and-sixty-two pounds, he is 'The All-American American" Jack SWAAAAGGGERRRRR!

Michael Cole: Well, Jack Swagger certainly fits the bill as a former World Heavyweight Champion; he held the belt two years ago after winning the Money in the Bank briefcase at Wrestlemania Twenty-Six!

Jerry Lawler: I think he also fits the bill as someone who is a close ally of John Laurinaitis and David Otunga, having been one of Otunga's teammates on Team Johnny at Wrestlemania a few weeks ago. I think that we might see a pattern emerging tonight with who the remaining opponents for Cesaro are.

Michael Cole: Yeah, no prizes for guessing who might be out next should Cesaro make it past Jack Swagger.

Jerry Lawler: I’m interested to see just how Cesaro gets on against Swagger – this is by far the biggest challenge we will have seen him face since he arrived here in the WWE! I’m excited!

Michael Cole: This match looks great even on paper, but both men have something to gain from this match; Cesaro is a step closer to facing Otunga this Sunday and we could see Jack Swagger in the main event of Monday Night Raw next week competing for the WWE Championship!

Jerry Lawler: If that isn’t motivation for Swagger to get the job done for Otunga tonight, then I don’t know what will is!

Swagger shakes hands with Otunga and shares a quick chat with Vickie before he enters the ring and stares intensely at Cesaro. The Swiss nods his head and emerges from the corner and meets with Swagger in the ring. The two share words briefly and Cesaro feigns going for a pre-match European Uppercut, but then chuckles as Swagger flinches back.

Michael Cole: Oh! We’ve seen Cesaro do that before, and he would have caught Swagger out as well just then!

In his corner, Swagger gets some last minute words from Guerrero and Otunga as Cesaro watches on intently. The referee calls for the bell and both men step forward, ready to go.

GAUNTLET MATCH:
    MATCH ONE OF THREE:
    CESARO vs JACK SWAGGER w/ VICKIE GUERRERO & DAVID OTUNGA

The match starts and both men grapple in the centre of the ring in a collar and elbow tie-up and are evenly matched, with Cesaro’s experience and Swagger’s amateur wrestling background. Swagger drops to a knee and goes for a Single Leg Takedown, but Cesaro grips him around the waist and takes him over with a Gutwrench Suplex! The fans cheer as Swagger rises back to his feet with a shocked look on his face and he darts at Cesaro, who sidesteps him. Swagger lunges in again but Cesaro is again able to dodge and he hits a European Uppercut to Swagger!

The impact sends Swagger into the corner and Cesaro charges in and drives his shoulder right into Swagger’s ribs! Cesaro lifts Swagger up in the corner and hoists him onto his shoulder before slamming him down onto the mat below!

(Michael Cole: Cesaro is manhandling Jack Swagger! I thought this would be more of an even contest!)

A look of worry comes across the faces of Otunga and Guerrero as Swagger grimaces on the mat as he lays on his back. Cesaro smirks in Otunga’s direction and stands over Swagger and jumps into the air, looking for a Double Foot Stomp onto Swagger’s ribs, but Swagger reacts quickly and grabs Cesaro’s right ankle… springing up to his feet and having Cesaro caught in the ANKLE LOCK!!

The mood in the arena flips on its head as Cesaro is the one in trouble with Swagger twisting his ankle and screaming for him to tap out. David Otunga and Vickie Guerrero high-five at ringside and gleefully watch on as Cesaro struggles in the hold and tries to claw himself towards to the ropes to get the break but Swagger pulls him back further away from them into the middle of the ring. Cesaro tries to roll onto his back to negotiate himself out of the submission, but Swagger thinks ahead and releases the hold as Cesaro turns onto his back and drops an elbow down across Cesaro’s chest.

Swagger repeats this several more times, and after EIGHT consecutive elbows crashing down onto Cesaro’s chest, ‘The All-American American’ finally relents and stands up over Cesaro to catch his breath.

(Jerry Lawler: Now we’re seeing Cesaro in a position that we have never seen him in before! Jack Swagger is being ruthless, and this shows you how much he wants that WWE Championship shot!)

Cesaro tries to pull himself back up but Swagger holds onto the ropes and stomps down onto Cesaro’s chest some more to stifle him. The force of the stomps ultimately send Cesaro underneath the bottom rope and to the outside of the ring, where Swagger quickly follows him to. He drives his knee into Cesaro’s midsection and pulls him over to the ring barricade. Swagger tries to slam Cesaro face-first into the ringside barricade but Cesaro gets his arms out and blocks it, elbowing Swagger in the midsection and then rolling him back into the ring!

There are cheers as Cesaro gets things back onto his side and he climbs onto the apron to get back into the ring, but Vickie Guerrero grabs hold of his foot!! The fans boo loudly as Cesaro tries his best to shake her off and looks to the official for help, but Vickie has hidden herself by crouching at ringside to the referee cant’s see! In all of his attempts to pry Vickie from his boot, Cesaro is left open for a cheap shot from Swagger!

After punching Cesaro in the jaw to stun him, Swagger quickly hooks the Swiss up and impressively Suplexes him from the ring apron into the ring!! Otunag applauds Swagger’s move and shouts for Swagger to finish Cesaro off. Understanding the instruction, Swagger backs away into the corner opposite to where Cesaro is downed, and he looks for the SWAGGER BOMB – KNEES UP!!

All of Swagger’s force comes crashing down onto the knees of Cesaro and the Oklahoman is left rolling around on the mat clutching his ribs. Cesaro gets back to his feet and cracks his neck out before measuring the now-sitting Swagger, and running through him with a vicious boot to the head! With Swagger now laid out, Cesaro steadies himself next to Swagger and this time he is able to perform a Double Foot Stomp onto Swagger’s ribs! Swagger groans in agony, and Cesaro wastes no time whatsoever in bringing him up and putting him in position for the NEUTRALIZER!!! Otunga’s head is in his hands and he can only watch as the referee counts the pin!

ONE!

TWO!!

THREE!!!

WINNER: CESARO (5.14)
    No music plays as the Gauntlet is not over, but Cesaro rises to his feet and nods his head at the cheers from the fans as Swagger rolls out of the ring and lands at Guerrero's feet.

Michael Cole: Cesaro wins the first match against a very game Jack Swagger! He targeted the ribs of Swagger right in the early goings of the match in anticipation for the Neutralizer to put Swagger away.

Jerry Lawler: It was a great example of thinking ahead by Cesaro, but I will give some credit to Jack Swagger for his performance. The counter of the stomp into the Ankle Lock was smart and the way that he thought to break the hold himself before Cesaro could showed some smarts. Although he did fail to get the job done, even with Vickie Guerrero's help.

Michael Cole: The incentive was there for both men but it was Cesaro that prevailed, and now he progresses to his next opponent...

Jerry Lawler: With Vickie Guerrero out here, there are no prizes for guessing who this might be!

David Otunga looks in the direction of 'The Cougar' and nods, and she looks out to the stage and nods herself. Seeing this signal, Cesaro turns to face the Titantron in anticipation for his next opponent.

"I'M HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD!"
    ***HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD***

There are indeed no prizes for guessing the identity of Cesaro's second opponent of the night, being Vickie Guerrero's OTHER client. Cesaro looks on eagerly as the music plays and the camera zooms in on the curtain where Dolph Ziggler SHOULD be emerging from, but no one comes out for several seconds...

Justin Roberts
    : Introducing his second opponent, from Hollywood, Florida, weighing two-hundred-and-eighteen pounds, he is 'The Show Off'... DOLPH ZIGGGLERRRRR!

Jerry Lawler: We've got Dolph Ziggler's entrance music, Dolph Ziggler's entrance video up on the TitanTron, Dolph Ziggler's introduction... but no Dolph Ziggler! Where is he, Michael?!

Michael Cole: You're guess is as good as mine, King!

Frustrated by the lack of appearance on the part of his opponent, Cesaro turns around to Guerrero and Otunga with his arms out and asks them what the deal is, but the two are as clueless as to Ziggler's whereabouts as Cesaro himself is. Cesaro turns to the stage and points out, shouting for Ziggler to "GET OUT HERE!" but still no one emerges. A commotion can be heard in the crowd over the music all of a sudden....

AS DOLPH ZIGGLER IS IN THE RING BEHIND CESARO!!

'The Show Off' had slid in behind Cesaro after coming through the crowd! He wills Cesaro to turn around and face him with his leg cocked, but Cesaro is still facing the Tron waiting for Ziggler to enter onto the stage.

Michael Cole: ZIGGLER IS IN THE RING! TURN AROUND, CESARO!

Looking to confront Otunga and Guerrero again, Cesaro DOES turn around... BAM! ZIGGLER FLOORS CESARO WITH A SUPERKICK TO THE JAW!!! The fans boo loudly as Ziggler's music cuts out and he quickly leaps on top of Cesaro and hooks the leg, screaming for the referee to ring the bell to start the match so he can count the pin.

GAUNTLET MATCH:
    MATCH TWO OF THREE:
    CESARO vs DOLPH ZIGGLER w/ VICKIE GUERRERO, JACK SWAGGER & DAVID OTUNGA

Once the bell has rang, the official drops to the mat instantly and goes to count the pin, with Otunga and Guerrero counting along cockily at the same time, neither even bothering to watch...

ONE!

TWO!!

CESARO KICKS OUT!!!

(Jerry Lawler: The plan backfired, Michael! Cesaro kicked out! I can't believe it!

Michael Cole: Could the damage has been done though? How many more of these big moves can Cesaro take to keep this match alive?)

A ROAR from the fans at the kickout booms around the Joe Louis Arena, and Ziggler is almost tearing his hair out in the middle of the ring as he sits next to Cesaro, who is now trying his best to get back to his feet. At ringside, Swagger has now recovered from his match with Cesaro, and he is joined in absolute shock by Guerrero and Otunga, who is now profusely sweating. In the ring, Ziggler springs to his feet and starts windmilling away on Cesaro as he gets up to prevent him from doing so, but Cesaro is able to push him away from him into the corner. Ziggler charges back at Cesaro from the corner and leaps onto his shoulder, hoping to send him down with a DDT, but Cesaro stays strong and carries Ziggler to the corner where he places him onto the top turnbuckle.

Ziggler tries to kick Cesaro away, but Cesaro easily blocks it and rocks Ziggler with a European Uppercut which renders Dolph almost limp in his whole body, and Cesaro places him on his shoulders in a Fireman's Carry position, but with Ziggler on his side, to drop him with a Side Death Valley Driver, which Cesaro likes to call the Swissblade! Cesaro presses down on Ziggler's chest for a pin...

ONE!

TWO!!

ZIGGLER GETS THE SHOULDER UP!

A look of brief relief comes across the face of David Otunga, as Ziggler keeps his chances alive, and Cesaro gets to his feet and brings Ziggler up with him, putting his head in position for the NEUTRALIZER - but JACK SWAGGER JUMPS UP ONTO THE APRON! Cesaro immediately drops Ziggler and goes to strike Swagger, who jumps down just in time to avoid a European Uppercut. Cesaro turns around to see a charging Ziggler and sends him over the top rope, but Ziggler lands on both feet on the ring apron. Thinking that he send Ziggler down to the floor, Cesaro turns around but is caught by a stinging right hand from 'The Show Off'.

Ziggler pulls himself up to springboard back into the ring at Cesaro, but he is caught with a European Uppercut, which knocks him back down and he falls into the arms of Jack Swagger at ringside! Swagger is left looking confused as Ziggler is almost unconscious in his arms and he dare not drop him, but what he doesn't realise is that this makes them both sitting ducks for Cesaro... who wipes them both out with a Suicide Dive!! The sight of the strongman charging across the ring and flying through the ropes gets a reaction of awe from the crowd, who loudly cheer. Cesaro easily plucks Ziggler from on top of Swagger and places him on the ring apron, and Dolph rolls himself into the middle of the ring.

As Cesaro tries to enter the ring to continue the match, Vickie Guerrero AGAIN hides and grabs onto his foot and tries to prevent him from doing so! This gets loud boos from the fans and Cesaro shouts down at her to get off of him, but he's aware to the trick this time and moves his head out of the way from Ziggler's oncoming Superkick, causing Ziggler to comically crotch himself on the top rope!

The shock from the plan backfiring is enough to cause Vickie to let go of Cesaro's leg and she screams as Ziggler winces in his discomfort on the top rope. Cesaro now lines up the trapped Ziggler and connects with a Big Boot to the side of the head, and Ziggler limply drops down into the ring at Cesaro's feet. Cesaro slowly brings him up and shoves him into the ropes to allow Ziggler to come back to him... and Cesaro elevates Ziggler WAY up into the air and cracks him with a VERY EUROPEAN UPPERCUT on the way down!! Cesaro now drops to his knees and hooks Ziggler's leg, smirking at David Otunga as he does so...

ONE!

TWO!!

THREE!!!

WINNER: CESARO (4.02)
    Due to the lack of music once again, all that can be heard once the pin fall has been counted, aside from the cheers of the WWE Universe, is a shrieking Vickie Guerrero, as both of her men have been defeated by Cesaro. David Otunga paces at ringside, but he calms down and has a quick word with Vickie with them both appearing to agree on something. Cesaro celebrates in the ring and holds up two fingers to signify the number of victories that he has amassed tonight.

Michael Cole: Nothing that Vickie Guerrero could do was enough to prevent Cesaro from defeating both of her clients one after the other and earn either of them a WWE Championship opportunity next Monday night on Raw!

Jerry Lawler: The mistake that Vickie's crew made was trying the same trick in both matches, Michael. It almost paid off for Swagger, but Cesaro knew to expect that Superkick from Ziggler the second time around. On another note, I do not think I have ever seen a harder European Uppercut in my entire life than the one that Cesaro just gave Dolph Ziggler to end that match! Has Dolph Ziggler even moved yet?!

Michael Cole: I wouldn't blame him if he doesn't! Well, with both of Vickie's boys out of the frame, who do you think will be Cesaro's third and final opponent; the only man standing in his way to a match with David Otunga this Sunday at Extreme Rules?

Jerry Lawler: I'm looking at the rest of Team Johnny from Wrestlemania - HEY! WAIT A MINUTE!

The fans boo loudly, as Jack Swagger has reentered the ring and he takes out Cesaro from behind!! Swagger stomps away on Cesaro at David Otunga's behest, and then reapplies the ANKLE LOCK!! Swagger has the hold cinched in tightly as Cesaro screams out in pain on the mat, and Ziggler grins as he stumbles back to his feet. Swagger drops down and grapevines the leg, giving Cesaro no way of breaking the hold, as the referee tries to stop this assault.

Michael Cole: Jack Swagger has the Ankle Lock locked in and there's nothing that anyone can do about it! He's going to break Cesaro's ankle if no one comes out here and puts a stop to this!

"FEED ME!"
    ***MEAT ON THE TABLE***

The crowd EXPLODES as RYBACK COMES MARCHING OUT ONTO THE STAGE!

Michael Cole: IT'S RYBACK! Cesaro's ally in this whole issue with David Otunga - he's out here to make sure that this assault stops and the match can continue!

Seeing Ryback charging down to the ring is enough for Ziggler and Swagger to make a quick exit; both managing to escape just before Ryback can get either of them. They quickly regroup with Guerrero at the base of the ramp and she instructs them to get out of there, with the damage done to Cesaro and Ryback looking like he wants to kill them. Otunga looks nervous at ringside with Ryback's appearance, but the man machine is only concerned with helping Cesaro to his feet. The Swiss hobbles over to the corner and Ryback talks to him as a doctor rushes down to the ring to assist Cesaro.

Jerry Lawler: Michael, I'm concerned about the state of Cesaro's ankle. I can tell you from experience that the Ankle Lock is an excruciating move to be on the receiving end of, especially when it is someone like Jack Swagger putting it on you.

Michael Cole
    : It is lucky that Ryback came out here when he did, otherwise Cesaro could have been on the end of a serious injury at the hands of Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. Their opportunity at the WWE Championship had gone, so I think what we just saw was a case of the two of them being sore losers after being defeated by Cesaro. It looks like this match is going to continue after the commercial break, when we will find out who is standing as the final obstacle in Cesaro's way as he looks for his match with David Otunga.

***COMMERCIAL BREAK***

Once we have returned from the commercial break, the scene in the arena is of Cesaro still being treated by the doctor in the ring, who has managed to bandage up Cesaro's ankle, who is insistent on seeing the match through. There is no longer any sign of Vickie Guerrero, Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler or Ryback and David Otunga is arguing with the referee in the ring, as he desperately wants the official to call the match off; feigning concern for Cesaro's well being as his reason.

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Monday Night Raw, live from here in Detroit, where Cesaro is only one win away from earning a match with the Assistant to the General Manager of Raw and Smackdown, David Otunga. Here we can see Otunga, desperate to not have to face Cesaro in a match, trying to plead with our official out here that Cesaro is not in a fit state to compete after being attacked by Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler before the commercial break.

Jerry Lawler: Give me a break! Otunga will take any excuse not to face Cesaro like a man this Sunday and it is getting ridiculous if you ask me! Let's get on with it!

Resigned to the fact that the third and final match in the gauntlet is going to take place, Otunga starts to depart from the ring and motions for the final man to come out as he does...

"AAAAAAAAWESOMMMMMMMME!"
    ***I CAME TO PLAY***

VERY loud heat from the fans is exactly what THE MIZ thrives off, and the number one contender for the Unites States Championship walks out onto the stage in sunglasses and a long black jacket with his arms raised in the air. Cesaro shoves away the doctor and pulls himself up to his feet when he sees the former WWE Champion emerge. Miz has a smirk on his face, and his gaze is directed straight at the bandages over Cesaro's ankle.

Justin Roberts: Introducing Cesaro's final opponent... from Cleveland, Ohio weighing two-hundred-and-twenty-one pounds... THE MIZZZZZZ!!

Michael Cole: A smart choice by David Otunga; The Miz is a former WWE Champion and has a reputation for being one of the craftiest Superstars in WWE history. He doesn't see a bandage on Cesaro's ankle, that is a target.

Jerry Lawler: The Miz is an opportunist, that's for sure. He's already challenging for the United States Championship this Sunday against Santino Marella, but he already has his eyes on that WWE Championship opportunity up for grabs next week against CM Punk or Chris Jericho!

Michael Cole: I wouldn't be surprised if that is what The Miz intends on doing, and he would be able to pick up some huge momentum if he could be the first person to defeat Cesaro since his arrival here in the WWE!

Jerry Lawler: That is true, but I think that it would still be unwise to count out Cesaro, injury and all.

Michael Cole: I'm not suggesting that at all, partner, but we've never had to see Cesaro dig down this deep before since his debut. I can think of several occasions where we have seen The Miz scavenge and thrive when presented with this kind of opportunity.

Miz throws his shades out to the crowd and removes his jacket before he enters the ring. There is a look of glee on his face as he nods his head in David Otunga's direction before climbing up onto the second rope to posture for the fans. Cesaro gingerly moves towards the centre of the ring to meet Miz when he gets down. The referee is assured by Cesaro one more time that he is able to continue, before he calls for the bell!

GAUNTLET MATCH:
    MATCH THREE OF THREE:
    CESARO vs THE MIZ w/ DAVID OTUNGA

As expected, as soon as the match has started, The Miz drops down and goes straight for Cesaro's ankle - clubbing it with swift right hands until Cesaro reaches down and pushes The Miz back. With a bit of distance between the two men, Cesaro has enough room to try and grab Miz, but Miz ducks under Cesaro's grasp and gets behind the Swiss, and stomps down hard onto his Achilles tendon! The targeted stomp from Miz causes Cesaro to drop to a knee and hold onto the ropes as he grits his teeth, but it doesn't spare him from another stomp in the exact same place! Cesaro falls onto his back and Miz grabs hold of the foot attached to the injured ankle, and twists it, causing Cesaro some severe discomfort.

Before Cesaro is able to kick Miz away, 'The Awesome One' drops down to the mat on top of Cesaro's ankle and starts viciously elbowing it relentlessly, and fails to stop once the official has initiated his count of five, but does so once Cesaro uses his good leg to kick The Miz in the back of the head! Miz gets to his feet with an enraged look on his face as Cesaro pulls himself up, and walks straight into a big elbow from Cesaro. Cesaro limps a step closer to Miz as he approaches him again and takes him over with a Hip Toss, but the fresh Miz is straight back up and blocks a second Hip Toss by poking Cesaro in the eyes!

(Jerry Lawler: Typical Miz! Blatant cheating!)

This gets him a lot of boos and a scolding from the referee, but Miz naturally doesn't care... instead dropping down for a Chop Block to the injured ankle! Cesaro crumples back down onto the mat and Miz grabs the injured ankle and yanks it, pulling Cesaro towards the ropes. Miz props Cesaro's foot on the bottom rope and then jumps up from the middle rope to stomp down hard onto the outstretched ankle! There is no time-wasting whatsoever from Miz as he proceeds to repeat the move, and Cesaro cries out in pain.

Keeping hold of the ankle, The Miz slides underneath the bottom rope and outside to the floor, where he slams Cesaro's ankle down onto the ring apron! David Otunga loudly applauds standing nearby. The Miz ignores all of the negative reaction and "MIZ SUCKS!" chants being hurled at him, as he drags Cesaro along the ring apron and places his ankle in front of the steel ring post. Cesaro sits up and tries to grabs Miz through the ropes but Miz is able to strike a couple of right hand punches to Cesaro's head to knock him back down. There is an air of concern around the arena as Miz backs up with a smirk whilst he measure Cesaro's ankle up, and then approaches... Cesaro moves his ankle and The Miz boots the ring post!!

The fans pop loudly as they see this as the opportunity that Cesaro needs to get some breathing room. The referee starts to count The Miz out, but the Cleveland native is forced to walk off a limp of his own whilst Cesaro sits up in the ring and gets himself back to his feet. Once The Miz climbs onto the apron, Cesaro limps over to him and fights off being caught up on the top rope to grab The Miz and throw him into the ring! The Miz's back arches on impact, but he is quick to get back to his feet, where Cesaro meets him with a European Uppercut! A second one follows to a stunned Miz, which sends him into the ropes! Cesaro approaches Miz and blocks a right hand, and pulls him in for a Short Arm Clothesline!

Miz now takes a bit longer to get back to his feet and Cesaro uses this time to try and walk his limp off a little more, and once Miz is back up, he puts him down onto the mat with a big Scoop Slam, which is followed up by a Single Foot Stomp across Miz's chest, as one foot has been taken out of commission for the time being.

(Michael Cole: Cesaro is somehow finding his way back into this match, King! The Miz has done a real number on that injured ankle, but Cesaro is still able to come back and even pick Miz up for a Scoop Slam!

Jerry Lawler: He's like a Swiss Superman, Michael!)

A winded Miz pulls himself into the corner and gets up to his feet, a little groggy from the European Uppercuts and Clothesline. Cesaro shakes his ankle out some more and looks a bit more comfortable putting some weight on it as his adrenaline levels build up, and he points to Miz in the corner to a cheer from the fans... and charges at Miz as fast as he can for a Corner European Uppercut, but Miz hits a Low Dropkick to the ankle! Cesaro drops down onto his knees and Miz quickly grabs him around the neck and plants him with a Low DDT! As Cesaro fell on his back, Miz goes down to make a cover!

ONE!

TWO!!

CESARO POWERS OUT!

The Miz stays focused and doesn't allow his temper to get the better of him, and gets straight back up to his feet and stalks Cesaro as he starts to get to his feet. It takes Cesaro at least 15 seconds to get back up and by this time The Miz is almost frothing at the mouth to get him. Once Cesaro is up, Miz goes for the Full Nelson which would normally lead to the Skull Crushing Finale, but Cesaro drops a shoulder and The Miz rolls through. Miz gets back up and Cesaro boots him in the midsection with his good leg and tries to get him set up for the Neutralizer - but Miz grabs Cesaro's ankles and does a Double Leg Takedown and with Cesaro on his back, The Miz locks him in a Figure Four Leg Lock slap-bang in the middle of the ring!

(Jerry Lawler: A Figure Four Leg Lock!? When did The Miz learn how to do that?)

Miz has a devilish look in his eyes as he screams for Cesaro to submit, but having survived the Ankle Lock twice already, Cesaro vehemently shakes his head and refuses to submit. To try to alleviate some of the pain, Cesaro lays flat on his back but has to keep putting his shoulders up when the referee starts to count for a pin fall. Using his supreme strength, Cesaro begins to edge himself closer to the ropes and is almost within a finger tip of them, but David Otunga starts to pull the rope away from Cesaro! The referee yells for Otunga to stop, but Cesaro instead uses the referee's shirt to pull himself to the ropes and force a rope break!

The Miz is forced back by the official as Cesaro catches his breath once again. An argument breaks out between the referee and The Miz over the way that the hold was broken, and the distraction allows Otunga to choke Cesaro across the ropes behind the official's back! This gets more booing from the fans and Otunga does eventually release the choke, but then clocks Cesaro across the head with his coffee flask!!! Luckily, it appears to be empty, but the strike with the foreign object is enough to knock Cesaro down, and now The Miz releases the referee and gets down for the cover... but stops once the fans start to cheer...

AS RYBACK AND SANTINO MARELLA BOTH WALK OUT ONTO THE STAGE!!!

(Michael Cole: Ryback is back, and this time he's brought some company in the shape of The Miz's Extreme Rules opponent, the United States Champion!

Jerry Lawler: I think they're here to make sure that the rest of this match goes down fairly!)

Miz is at the ropes screaming for Ryback and Santino to leave, but they do the opposite and start to walk down towards the ring! David Otunga scuttles away over to the commentary table and hides behind Jerry Lawler, fearing that his involvement in the match will see him physically targeted.

(Jerry Lawler: Get the hell away from me, you coward! Face them like a man!)

Ryback and Santino continue to ignore The Miz and he eventually gives up and turns around... to face a recovered Cesaro! 'The Swiss Superman' is pissed off after being struck with the flask and he powerfully kicks The Miz in the gut again... and HITS THE NEUTRALIZER! Detroit pops hard and Cesaro makes the cover for a third time tonight!

ONE!

TWO!!

THREE!!!

WINNER: CESARO (6.38)
    ***MIRACLE***

Justin Roberts: Here is your winner.... CESAAAAROOOOOOOO!!!

The fans cheer loudly and Cesaro is joined in the ring by Ryback and Santino, who both help him to his feet as The Miz rolls away into the corner. The camera gets a shot of David Otunga, who slowly stands up and looks desperately around the arena until his eyes lock with Cesaro's.

Jerry Lawler: He did it! Cesaro has earned himself his match with David Otunga this Sunday at Extreme Rules!

Michael Cole: That's not all, Jerry - Cesaro gets to choose the match stipulation as well! Otunga was so confident that his three choices would get the job done that he included that clause!

Jerry Lawler: I completely forgot about that! He said that! This is great!

Cesaro fights through the pained look on his face to grin at Otunga and thank both Ryback and Santino. He asks Justin Roberts for his microphone and it is passed to him. The music fades out and Cesaro holds his free arm out in Otunga's direction.

Cesaro: There, David... I did it. I doubt that you'll let it be said that John Laurinaitis is not a man of his word and that you will keep true to his promise and face me this Sunday at Extreme Rules, because I have earned it!

The fans cheer loudly and Otunga looks like he could be on the verge of tears as he realises what is waiting for him on Sunday.

Cesaro: I wanted this match with you because I wanted you to understand what a real wrestler is and because I was tired of you holding back people such as myself, Ryback and Santino Marella. You refuse to recognise our abilities in this ring and that is why I needed this match with you. But I don't want our match to be like tonight. I don't want to get attacked from behind, or have to deal with interference interrupting the lesson I'm planning on teaching you, David. I don't want to be hit with a damn coffee flask from behind! And as grateful as I am to these two, I don't want anyone else involved other than me and you, David.

Cesaro pauses and the fans cheer.

Cesaro: But most importantly, Otunga... I don't want you to be able to run from what you've got coming to you this Sunday. You deserve everything that I am going to do to you for what you've tried to put me through since I debuted. David, this Sunday, you'll have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide... because our match at Extreme Rules is going to be a STEEL CAGE MATCH!

WOAH! The fans pop loudly and Otunga drops down to the floor and sits against the announce table, with his mouth open in shock and fear. He holds onto his coffee flask with both hands and shakes his head.

Cesaro: On second thoughts, DO bring that little flask of yours... so I can shove it up your ass.

***MIRACLE***

Cesaro defiantly throws the microphone over his head and stares down at the petrified Otunga through the ropes, before lightening up a bit to celebrate with the fans as well as his buddies in the ring. A "CE-SAR-O" chant breaks out and he does his shoulder cannon taunt as Santino plays his fake trombone and goofs around. Ryback motions to Cesaro's ankle and he helps him out of the ring as Otunga is still coming to terms with what is awaiting him.

Michael Cole: OH MY! Cesaro will be getting his opportunity at vengeance against David Otunga and he will be doing it inside the barbaric Steel Cage!

Jerry Lawler: I can't wait! Like Cesaro said, Otunga won't be able to run, or hide, or have anyone interfere to help him! It is going to be a true one-on-one match. Thinking about it, with back up in the shape of Ryback, I can't see anyone else jumping up to help Otunga against Cesaro and the rest of these guys!

Michael Cole: Me either! Folks, we still have a huge show lined up for you tonight, be sure to come right back after these short commercials!

When I got in the back, I was actually met with a huge applause from some of the guys. That was a great feeling, as now I felt like I was doing this for them even more so than before. Once the commotion calmed down a bit, I thanked Ryback and Santino for the back up out there and as I did, the show came back on air and Michael Cole announced a notice from the office of John Laurinaitis that the three of us will be teaming up on Smackdown against my three opponents from tonight, and that Ryback needs to find a partner to face Swagger and Ziggler this Sunday, too. He said that he'll figure that out after Smackdown, or that he might go it alone.

After all of that, I headed to the doctors and they told me to just rest my ankle in the meantime and an initial assessment showed that I don't have any lasting damage that won't be gone in time for my match this Sunday. As I thought about what happened tonight, I can't help but wonder how those matches would have gone down without Vickie Guerrero's constant interferences, the blindside attacks and being hit with a coffee flask... I think I would have still won.

For now though, it is time to kick back and rest until Friday night. Until then I can enjoy hearing about David Otunga pleading to get out of this match.

Apologies for the delay on this show. Hope all enjoy, and thanks for reading in advance.

Legit

Status

Quote Originally Posted by wwe.com
    BREAKING NEWS

CESARO VS OTUNGA THIS SUNDAY AT EXTREME RULES
    APRIL 24 2012

After prevailing a Gauntlet Match against Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler and finally The Miz, WWE's 'Swiss Superman' has earned his opportunity to face the Assistant to the General Manager of Raw and Smackdown, David Otunga, this Sunday in Chicago at Extreme Rules.

Cesaro's choice of match: a Steel Cage Match.

He told Otunga that he will have nowhere to run and nowhere to hide and that he will get his retribution for the way that Otunga has treated him since arriving on the scene a few weeks ago.

There's a small matter of a blockbuster Six Man Tag this Friday night on Smackdown to go through first, though. Cesaro will team up with allies Ryback and the United States Champion Santino Marella to face Swagger, Ziggler and Miz just two nights before all six men are involved in matches this Sunday.

Not the best graphic you'll ever see, but it'll do the job. Hopefully won't be too long until Smackdown.

Backyarder

Status

My thoughts...

I really enjoyed Cesaro's debut. I'm not sure how he was like backstage when he first arrived or how he is now, but the way you had being so ambitious was refreshing and different. Not going to lie, I kind of wanted Reks and Hawkins to 'pull an upset' over Cesaro in his debut, but that probably would have sent readers in a frenzy!

The first Smackdown show seemed to be more of Cesaro's character. More respectful and polite, just a nice guy. However, he did show some confidence at the end, stating he would for sure get a match on the next RAW.

Nice development on the second RAW. I expected Cesaro's opponent to be Hornswoggle tbh...haha! Anyways, I wonder how much of Ryback we'll see before he gets his own story. :P

Really liking the development on the second Smackdown. Poor Hunico, haha. And when will Hawkins, Reks and Otunga learn about those sneak attacks?! Also, sucks to see Reks jobbing, as I was a big fan, but enough with that. I'm ready to see what happens in the supossed tag match on RAW. And the first one-on-one match with Cesaro and Ryback? I wonder how the finish would go...

I didn't really get into the second RAW that much, kind of expected the results that occurred. However (Stephen A. Smith voice), I am interested as to why Cesaro missed his flight?! First thing I thought was he was drugged and overslept. Then I thought a bit more rationally and expected Otunga had something to do with his passport being stolen? Hmmm..

Cesaro went a bit of "Austin 3:16" style on the third Smackdown! Haha! I'm wondering when did Cesaro initially ask for the match at ER with Otunga? Was it during his absence? Anyways, I look forward to his upcoming Gauntlet Match!

On the third RAW, business sure picked up! I'm glad Cesaro made it through the Gauntlet--as I expected. And Santino got a showing...yay? Haha. Anyways, looking forward to Cesaro vs Otunga, one-on-one!
    Last edited by AverageAtBest; 02-03-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Legit

Status

Quote Originally Posted by AverageAtBest View Post
    My thoughts...

I really enjoyed Cesaro's debut. I'm not sure how he was like backstage when he first arrived or how he is now, but the way you had being so ambitious was refreshing and different. Not going to lie, I kind of wanted Reks and Hawkins to 'pull an upset' over Cesaro in his debut, but that probably would have sent readers in a frenzy!

The first Smackdown show seemed to be more of Cesaro's character. More respectful and polite, just a nice guy. However, he did show some confidence at the end, stating he would for sure get a match on the next RAW.

Nice development on the second RAW. I expected Cesaro's opponent to be Hornswoggle tbh...haha! Anyways, I wonder how much of Ryback we'll see before he gets his own story. :P

Really liking the development on the second Smackdown. Poor Hunico, haha. And when will Hawkins, Reks and Otunga learn about those sneak attacks?! Also, sucks to see Reks jobbing, as I was a big fan, but enough with that. I'm ready to see what happens in the supossed tag match on RAW. And the first one-on-one match with Cesaro and Ryback? I wonder how the finish would go...

I didn't really get into the second RAW that much, kind of expected the results that occurred. However (Stephen A. Smith voice), I am interested as to why Cesaro missed his flight?! First thing I thought was he was drugged and overslept. Then I thought a bit more rationally and expected Otunga had something to do with his passport being stolen? Hmmm..

Cesaro went a bit of "Austin 3:16" style on the third Smackdown! Haha! I'm wondering when did Cesaro initially ask for the match at ER with Otunga? Was it during his absence? Anyways, I look forward to his upcoming Gauntlet Match!

On the third RAW, business sure picked up! I'm glad Cesaro made it through the Gauntlet--as I expected. And Santino got a showing...yay? Haha. Anyways, looking forward to Cesaro vs Otunga, one-on-one!
    Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

I'm glad you like the inner narration parts, as I was unsure about doing these but I was hoping they would help flesh the character out a bit and explain his actions when he's on camera a bit more.

The story so far is Cesaro's frustration that he hasn't been tested by the scrubs Otunga has laid out for him so far, and once Otunga was put in the position of having to protect himself, that's when he ditched the jobbers (I get you're a fan of Reks, and I think he was underused as well, but he was a glorified jobber around this time - maybe he could be my next project if I ever get done with this one ) and he brought out the bigger guns.

He missed the flight because he wanted to confront Otunga on Smackdown and couldn't if he was in the US. Cesaro is about getting shit done.

Cesaro didn't actually say he wanted a match but Laurinaitis could have probably been able to tell that is what he wanted and used that as a reason to stop Cesaro battering them both like he did to the guards.

Ryback came out the first time as he's Cesaro's ally and then Santino also came out when it was just Miz because they're feuding over Santino's US Championship, much like they were irl. I had dropped in a couple of little mentions of their feud along the way using Cesaro backstage or with the commentators, otherwise I get that Santino appearing woould have looked completely random

Smackdown is coming along nicely, so hopefully should be getting that up in the coming days!

Backyarder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by TWG View Post
    Thanks for the comments, much appreciated.

I'm glad you like the inner narration parts, as I was unsure about doing these but I was hoping they would help flesh the character out a bit and explain his actions when he's on camera a bit more.

The story so far is Cesaro's frustration that he hasn't been tested by the scrubs Otunga has laid out for him so far, and once Otunga was put in the position of having to protect himself, that's when he ditched the jobbers (I get you're a fan of Reks, and I think he was underused as well, but he was a glorified jobber around this time - maybe he could be my next project if I ever get done with this one ) and he brought out the bigger guns.

He missed the flight because he wanted to confront Otunga on Smackdown and couldn't if he was in the US. Cesaro is about getting shit done.

Cesaro didn't actually say he wanted a match but Laurinaitis could have probably been able to tell that is what he wanted and used that as a reason to stop Cesaro battering them both like he did to the guards.

Ryback came out the first time as he's Cesaro's ally and then Santino also came out when it was just Miz because they're feuding over Santino's US Championship, much like they were irl. I had dropped in a couple of little mentions of their feud along the way using Cesaro backstage or with the commentators, otherwise I get that Santino appearing woould have looked completely random

Smackdown is coming along nicely, so hopefully should be getting that up in the coming days!
    Oh, I get the Santino part as I remember the feud he had over the US title with Miz. I just joked because it's "Santino"..another misused guy. He should've been "Daniel Bryan" before "Daniel Bryan." I was just a little unclear on the airport incident because of skimming through that episode.. sorry... anyways man keep it up! I wanna see Cesaro win the IC belt and defend it globally!
    Last edited by AverageAtBest; 02-04-2017 at 04:03 PM.

Legit

Status

FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN
    APRIL 27 2012
    VAN ANDEL ARENA - GRAND RAPIDS, MICHIGAN

It has been very frustrating waiting for my ankle to heal over the week after my matches on Monday night. It was only yesterday that I was able to run on it again. I'll give some credit to Jack Swagger and The Miz; they both gave me something a lot closer to the level of competition that I'm after. Aside from the Superkick before the match, I don't recall Ziggler doing too much lasting damage.

I've got to be careful in this match tonight, not to re-aggravate my ankle injury ahead of this Sunday. That's what Otunga is hoping for, which is why he's putting me in the ring with Swagger again. It is all well and good being locked in a cage with Otunga but if he's just going to be able to climb out straight away with me barely able to walk I'm not going to be able to achieve what I want to in the match.

Whilst I was resting my ankle in the hotel, I spent some time watching some old cage matches for some inspiration. Whilst the cage is of course a weapon in its own right, I'm not really planning on using it as one. The reason I picked a steel cage was to keep it a fair contest, so hopefully no one is expecting me to jump from the top like Jimmy Snuka! I've watched some Otunga matches as well and it's ever clearer to me now that I am a much better wrestler than him. I don't think that anyone is doubtful of me beating him on Sunday.

I've spoken to Ryback and Santino a couple of times and they're both looking forward to the Six Man Tag tonight too, as it is a chance for them to scout their opponents on Sunday in advance. I'm glad that I'll be able to do them both a favour by softening up their opponents a bit as a thanks for their help on Monday. Ryback hasn't tried to look for a partner yet to face Ziggler and Swagger. I'm actually sure that he's going to have a Handicap Match against them.

I was told that David Otunga isn't at Smackdown tonight, which is a shame as I would have loved the chance to gloat and mess with him ahead of Sunday night. But at least it will let me focus on the task at hand and pick up the win in my match tonight. I'll go 8-0 in the WWE if we win tonight.

I meet up with Ryback and Santino just before we have to go out for the match. I was told to report to the trainer before I went out there to make sure that I could compete tonight and he was happy with my movements but told me to stay out of the Ankle Lock tonight. Ryback and Santino tell me that they'll do most of the work if I want them to; I had to bite my tongue and try not to take that as an insult.

Swagger, Ziggler and Miz walk by with Vickie Guerrero and they all glare at us as they go past. Ryback feigns attacking Swagger and he flinched just like he did with me on Monday. They move on after Swagger says that he wants Ryback at the start of the match.

"I'M HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD!"
    ***HERE TO SHOW THE WORLD***

Following the commercial break, the fans start administering heat towards the entrance of DOLPH ZIGGLER, JACK SWAGGER and VICKIE GUERRERO. The trio pause on the stage to pose, Guerrero standing in between Swagger folding his arms and Ziggler turning his back and shaking his hips. They start making their way down to the ring, ignoring the negative reaction being received from the crowd and conversing amongst themselves in what appears to be a serious tone.

Tony Chimel: The following Six Man Tag Team Match is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, accompanied by Vickie Guerrero, at a combined weight of four-hundred-and-eighty pounds, ‘The All-American American’ Jack Swagger and ‘The Show Off’ DOLPH ZIGGLERRRRR!!

Michael Cole: Welcome back to Friday Night Smackdown, where we are getting ready for some Six Man Tag action. Making their way down now is a very serious-looking Vickie Guerrero along with her clients Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger, who could do with a win tonight to build some much-needed momentum ahead of their match this Sunday night at Extreme Rules.

Jerry Lawler: That’s right Michael, both of these guys lost to Cesaro in the Gauntlet Match on Raw and will need all the momentum they can get heading into this match with Ryback and whoever his partner is going to be!

Michael Cole: As for the identity of Ryback’s partner… we have no idea who it could be! Usually Cesaro would be Ryback’s go-to partner in this situation but we know that he already has his hands full with David Otunga inside a steel cage!

Jerry Lawler: Do you think that David Otunga might have had a word with these two and asked him to do him a favour ahead of the cage match? We already saw the number Swagger did to Cesaro’s ankle on Monday night.

Michael Cole: I don’t think they’ll need much motivation to target Cesaro tonight; they aren’t receiving WWE Championship opportunities because he beat them!

Swagger slides under the bottom rope into the ring and Ziggler holds the ropes open to allow Vickie to get into the ring. The three of them continue to talk and Guerrero gives Swagger a pep talk as Ziggler looks on, disinterested.

"AAAAAAAAWESOMMMMMMMME!"
    ***I CAME TO PLAY***

The intensity of the booing only increases once the theme music of THE MIZ plays through the sound system and ‘The Awesome One’ himself cockily swaggers out onto the stage with his arms raised into the air. He snarls at the Grand Rapids crowd and starts to stride down the aisle in his sunglasses and black trench coat.

Tony Chimel: Introducing their partner… from Cleveland, Ohio weighing two-hundred-and-twenty-one pounds... THE MIZZZZZZ!!

Jerry Lawler: We talked about the damage Jack Swagger did to Cesaro’s ankle with the Ankle Lock, but it was The Miz that systematically targeted it in his bid to defeat ‘The Swiss Superman’.

Michael Cole: The Miz showed his opportunistic mean streak in that match but it was the distraction at the hands of Ryback and the United States Champion, Santino Marella. Miz, of course, is challenging Marella for this title this Sunday, and we have seen some real bad blood develop between the two of them in recent weeks.

Jerry Lawler: Miz has taken every available opportunity to attack, insult and belittle Santino and it was great to see Santino get some retribution on Raw by helping Cesaro defeat Miz – and it was great to see The Miz get a Neutralizer from Cesaro, ha!

Jumping onto the apron and hanging off of the ropes, Miz chucks his shades to the floor takes his coat off. He climbs through the ropes and stands with his partners. He arrogantly tries to talk over them and tells them to “follow his lead”. Guerrero, Ziggler and Swagger ignore him and shake their heads and continue with their conversation. Attention turns to the stage as the music cuts out…

***MIRACLE***

Here’s our boy. The fans cheer loudly as CESARO enters the arena onto the stage. He is walking, but not as comfortably as usual as evidenced by the visible bandaging poking out from the top of Cesaro’s boot. He’s still able to bust out the shoulder cannons to the fans and the people in the ring. A camera catches Swagger’s face and he smirks at the sight of the damage sustained to Cesaro on Raw.

Tony Chimel: Introducing their opponents… First, from rom Lucerne, Switzerland, weighing two-hundred-and-thirty-two pounds… ‘The Swiss Superman’ CESAROOOOO!

Michael Cole: Jerry, on Monday night you called this man 'The Swiss Superman', and I can't think of a better name for Cesaro. He managed to successfully run the gauntlet set out by John Laurinaitis and earn his match with David Otunga this Sunday. What's better you ask? It is going to be inside of a sixteen foot high steel cage!

Jerry Lawler: Cesaro said it himself; Otunga has nowhere to run and nowhere to hide this Sunday! But there's one thing that you can't help but to notice - that taped up ankle of his. We've already said how we suspect Otunga to have told these three guys, his opponents, to target it and do him a favour going into Extreme Rules. There's even a possibility that Otunga might SURVIVE if Cesaro goes in at less than one hundred per cent.

Michael Cole: Cesaro was trapped in Jack Swagger's Ankle Lock for a sustained amount of time in their match on Monday night and then The Miz viciously targeted Cesaro's ankle once it was his turn. They'll be looking to finish the job tonight!

Jerry Lawler: Well, Cesaro has had a few days to rest and relax, and even though he doesn't looks hugely comfortable on that ankle of his, he looks a lot better than he did on Raw.

Michael Cole: I think that Cesaro just needs to play it smart tonight and try and keep out of harm's way as much as he can. Although from what we've already seen from this guy, I doubt that will be the case.

There is a slight pained expression on Cesaro's face as he climbs up the steel steps and enters the ring, but he shakes his ankle out once he's through the ropes. He notices his opponents eyeing the bandages up as a sign of weakness and bravely tries to approach them before his partners are even out, but the referee keeps the Swiss at bay. Cesaro settles for firing the shoulder cannon in their general direction before standing back to wait for his partners.

***LA VITTORIA E MIA***

As usual, there is a very loud reception for the United States Champion SANTINO MARELLA, as the Italian walks out onto the stage, waving to the crowd. He does his trumpet taunt on the stage before putting a serious look on his face and power walking down the ramp. The cameras catch The Miz rolling his eyes at his rival's antics, and he loudly mocks Marella to Ziggler, who cracks a small smile.

Tony Chimel: His partners... First, from Calabria, Italy, weighing in at two-hundred-and-thirty-three pounds.... He is the United States Champion, SANTINO MARELLA!

Michael Cole: That expression on the face of The Miz tells you everything that you need to know about his feelings towards the United States Champion.

Jerry Lawler: I wish it was all he told us, so we wouldn't have to hear him talk! Miz has shown nothing but disrespect towards Santino these past few weeks and I hope that Santino successfully defends the United States Championship against him this Sunday.

Michael Cole: It has been a stellar run as champion for Santino, defending his title multiple times. Tonight is a chance for him to get some payback on The Miz for all of the sneak attacks that he has been a victim of.

Santino enters the ring and stands alongside Cesaro, and the two shake hands, before the Italian unbuckles his championship and holds it by his side. The arena goes quiet as everyone waits on the third member of the face team, and the "FEED ME MORE" chant which is growing in popularity starts booming around the arena, and the three heels start to look a bit intimidated.

"FEED ME!"
    ***MEAT ON THE TABLE***

The chanting evolves into a solid block of cheers from the arrival into the arena of RYBACK. The camera trains his feet and then tilts up into his face, showing the intensity in the eyes of the man mountain. Once the music picks up some more, he starts to march down towards the ring, his eyes set on the three men in the ring.

Tony Chimel: From Sin City, weighing in at two-hundred-and-ninety-one pounds… RYYYYBAAACK!

Michael Cole: This man is like nothing we have ever seen before, King. The raw power and intensity that Ryback shows is nothing close to anyone who has come before him. It's no surprise that this man, like Cesaro, is yet to taste defeat here in the WWE.

Jerry Lawler: If looks could kill, those three men right there in the ring would be pushing up the daisies, Michael! Ryback is set to face two of them, Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger, this Sunday at Extreme Rules, but he hasn't found himself a partner to face them from what I've heard. Looking at what we've seen so far from this guy, I don't think that he even needs one!

Michael Cole: No disrespect to Swagger and Ziggler, but I agree with you, partner, even though we saw those two take out 'The Funkasaurus' a couple of weeks back. Here Ryback comes, into the ring... and straight for his opponents! Ryback not wanting to waste ANY time here tonight!

Cole is correct, as as soon as Ryback has slid into the ring, he's straight up and he charges at Swagger, flattening him with a Shoulder Block! The other four combatants quickly get involved, and pair off with each other! The referee, confused, decides to call for the bell and kick this match off from within the chaos!

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH:
    CESARO, RYBACK & UNITED STATES CHAMPION SANTINO MARELLA vs JACK SWAGGER, DOLPH ZIGGLER & THE MIZ w/ VICKIE GUERRERO

Swagger holds onto the bottom rope as Ryback drops his knee down across his chest several times as Santino trades blows with The Miz in one corner and Cesaro and Ziggler are going at it in another. The fans are cheering loudly for the quick start by the faces and watch whilst Santino lands a few quick jabs to Miz's jaw, causing him to lean back against the ropes, and the United States Champion comes in and Clothesline his #1 Contender over the top rope and down to the floor! Meanwhile, Ziggler has started to get the better of Cesaro by stomping on his ankle and Cesaro staggers into the middle of the ropes and Ziggler charges at him, but Cesaro elevates him over the top rope, causing Ziggler to crash down on the floor as well!

(Michael Cole: And there goes Ziggler too! What a start by these guys!)

The three faces pause for a moment to absorb the cheers from the fans and the referee tells Ryback he's the legal man with Swagger now and orders Cesaro and Santino into the corner and out of the ring. Swagger is back to his feet but he finds himself walking into the path of a waiting Ryback, who takes him over with an impressive Belly-to-Belly Suplex! Ryback roars out to the fans to show his dominance, whilst both The Miz and Dolph Ziggler clamber up onto the apron in their team's corner. As soon as Swagger is back to his feet, Ryback flattens him once more with a running attack to his chest, and another when Swagger gets straight back to his feet. Swagger gets back up again and Ryback effortlessly lifts him up into the air and into a Military Press!

With Swagger lofted into the air, Ryback walks over to his team's corner and Cesaro reaches over to tag himself into the match... and Ryback drops Swagger down right into a European Uppercut from Cesaro! The double team move we have seen a few times from these guys causes Swagger to stumble back and luckily for him, he falls into his team's corner where Ziggler can tag himself into the match. Ziggler charges in towards Cesaro and goes straight for his ankle, but Cesaro catches him with a boot to the face with his other foot! This sends Ziggler scrambling into the corner and Cesaro lines him up for a Running European Uppercut in the corner! Ziggler slumps down to the floor in the opposing corner, and Cesaro reaches out for Santino to tag himself into the match, to some loud cheers from the fans.

Ziggler is still seated against the bottom turnbuckle, and Santino lines him up... for a Cannonball against the turnbuckle! Santino pulls Ziggles into the middle of the ring and goes for the first cover of the match...

ONE!

ZIGGLER POWERS OUT!

Remaining calm, Santino gets to his feet as Ziggler does following the cover, and he jabs him with a swift left hand and starts winding his arm up for a big right, but Ziggler leaps into action and Dropkicks him in the chest! The US Champ drops to the mat and Ziggler grabs him, pulling him over to his team's corner to tag in his challenger this Sunday, Miz. 'The Awesome One' steps through the ropes and drills Santino with a right hand as Ziggler holds him still, and shoving the Italian into the corner after that. Miz viciously boots Santino in the gut until he stops resisting, and backs up to line him up for his Seated Corner Clothesline, which he connects with! Santino stumbles into the middle of the ring and is stalked by The Miz, who tries to hook him up for the Skull Crushing Finale, but Santino Snapmares Miz over his head! Both men return to their feet at the same time, but it is Miz who reacts quicker, flooring Santino with a Big Boot to the face! This time it is Santino who is being pinned...

ONE!

TWO!!

SHOULDER UP!

On the contrary to Santino, Miz is infuriated with the kickout, and he gets him onto his knees and drops him down onto the mat with a Basement DDT! Santino flops over onto his back and Miz reaches up to tag Swagger into the match, who glares at Ryback as he enters the ring. Swagger watches as Santino rolls near to a corner and smirks, charging in and dropping down with a Swagger Bomb! Swagger is now the one going for the pin...

ONE!

TWO!!

THE PIN IS BROKEN UP - BY RYBACK!!!

There are loud cheers around the Van Andel arena as Ryback yanks Swagger away from the pin and ignores the referee's scalding and Swagger tries to go at Ryback, but the busy official prevents him from doing so. Swagger tags Ziggler back into the match, and 'The Show Off' gets into the ring and gets into the corner opposite Santino, starting to stomp his foot on the ground!

(Jerry Lawler: What on earth is Ziggler doing?! Who does he think he is?)

Ziggler smirks at the jeering crowd around the arena as he edges closer to Santino whilst he tries to get to his feet, but Santino ducks the incoming Superkick! There's no chance for Ziggler to react as he turns around into a series of left-handed jabs by Santino and a big right hand which sends him flying into the ropes, and Santino catches him with a Hip Toss on his way back off of the ropes! The crowd and his partners get right behind the United States Champion as he then proceeds to drop Ziggler with a Santino Stunner once he has made it back to his feet! This now seems like the opportune moment for Santino to make a tag, but instead he elects to taunt over Ziggler before running off of the ropes and going for his Diving Headbutt - but Ziggler rolls out of the way.

In typical Santino style, his comeback is comically cut short just like that and Ziggler is afforded the time to make the tag to The Miz, who charges straight over to the US Champ and boots him in the side of the head. Miz proceeds to then mock Cesaro and Ryback, who try to enter the ring but are prevented by the official. Miz slowly brings Santino back to his feet and drops him down onto his knee and quickly transitions into a Neckbreaker, and shouts abuse down at Marella on the mat, calling him a "JOKE!". The Miz starts raining down heavy right hands onto Santino's forehead in a fit of aggression, and locks him in a Reverse Chinlock in the middle of the ring, yanking back on Santino's facial features. The fans start to clap to encourage Santino a way out of the hold and eventually he starts showing signs of life!

He gets to his feet and elbows Miz in the midsection several times and takes him over his shoulder with a swift Judo throw and drops to the floor, and both men manage to make tags... Jack Swagger and Ryback are back in the match! Ziggler charges in towards Ryback but gets instantly mowed down by a HUGE Meathook Clothesline!!! Swagger runs in to try and attack Ryback as he gets to his feet but Cesaro is there to have his pal's back and boots Swagger in the gut... and hitting him with the NEUTRALIZER!!! Swagger rolls out of the ring and flops to the floor at the feet of Vickie Guerrero as both Ryback and Cesaro get to their feet and stand in front of The Miz. 'The Awesome One' tries to talk his way out of it, and actually turns to LEAVE - but Santino strikes him with THE COBRA!!

The Miz also rolls out of the ring and Ryback turns back around to Ziggler and plucks him from the mat and up onto his shoulders in one swift motion! 'The Big Guy' marches around the ring a few paces and then hits Ziggler with SHELLSHOCKED! Ryback jumps on top of Ziggler for the cover!

ONE!

TWO!!

THREE!!!

WINNERS: CESARO, RYBACK & SANTINO MARELLA (6.24)
    ***MEAT ON THE TABLE***

Tony Chimel: Here are your winners, the team of Cesaro, Ryback and the United States Champion, SANTINO MARELLAAA!

Ryback gets to his feet quickly and stands in a line with his partners and the winning trio have their arms raised by the referee, following a hotly contested match. A very groggy and battered Dolph Ziggler is pulled out of the ring by Jack Swagger, who joins Guerrero in frowning at the men celebrating in the ring.

Michael Cole: What an impact player Ryback is! Santino looked like he was in a world of trouble but in comes 'The Big Guy' and the match is over in a flash!

Jerry Lawler: Don't forget Cesaro, too. He may have been trying to stay away from trouble to preserve his ankle but when he did get involved in the match he made sure that their opponents knew all about it!

Michael Cole: Jerry, you gotta tell me, what will a victory like this do to the confidence of these three men heading into their respective matches this Sunday at Extreme Rules? It's gotta be huge for Ryback and Santino in particular, as they've just picked up a win against the men who they'll be facing.

Jerry Lawler: A win in what we can call a near-enough dress rehearsal is huge for these guys. Ryback could have probably won this match by himself so I don't doubt his chances this Sunday where there will be only two opponents.

Ryback leads the crowd in a loud “FEED ME MORE!” chant as Cesaro and Santino perform their own taunts, being the shoulder cannon and trombone respectively. The Miz trudges up the ramp in anger after being punked by Marella and Vickie Guerrero and her clients scowl at Ryback as we fade away.

Even though I didn't really do much in the match to make sure that my ankle held up, I still went to get it looked over by the medical staff in the back afterwards. It was good news as they told me that I have recovered well so far and should be back to 100% by the time Sunday rolls around as I am near enough there already, and that I did the right thing out there. Whilst I was with the medics I was told that I have been asked to do a short sit down interview for wwe.com tomorrow ahead of my first WWE Pay-Per-View match. The chance to be featured on the website is huge and I even decided to tweet about it which is even more surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by @WWECesaro
    Great win tonight @Ryback22 @milanmiracle. I have been asked to do a live sit down interview with wwe.com tomorrow morning to talk about Extreme Rules and @DavidOtunga. Don't miss it! #SwissSuperman

We have a couple of short updates (including Cesaro's sit down interview) to come before Extreme Rules is posted, however I can confirm that the match is written, and I hope to get it up next weekend so long as real life commitments do not get in the way. I'm toying with the idea of doing a prediction contest for it, but I don't have any ideas what the prize could be so I might just accumulate any points system. I don't know, give me some suggestions

Thread Information