Page 1 of 64 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE 205 Live General Discussion Thread

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

205 Live WWE 205 Live General Discussion Thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLdQbSrsxPs

205 Live debuts tonight and will feature Superstars that are 205 pounds and under, including: new WWE Cruiserweight Champion The Brian Kendrick, as well as TJ Perkins, Rich Swann, Noam Dar, HoHo Lun, Cedric Alexander, Lince Dorado, Gran Metalik, Tozawa, Jack Gallagher, Gurv Sihra and Harv Sihra.*

Kendrick vs. Swann for the title to headline the first show.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

Re: 205 Live Discussion Thread

Not really sure what to make of this to be honest. Will be interesting to see how the first show comes off. I worry that the crowd is going to be dead after sitting through SmackDown already though.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Re: WWE 205 Live Discussion Thread

I'm am all in on Aries being involved in the Cruiserweight Division somehow.

Sweet Meat

Status

Commentary or managing until he's healthy sounds like a good plan for a charismatic talker.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Aries on Commentary Graves hit the showers you loser, the Greatest Man that ever lived is going to teach you something.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Sweet Meat

Status

So far this is being presented well. I dig it.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Which one is Herb or Derb

Aries is going to merk on Commentary after that great comment there.

Real Women of Genius

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    Which one is Herb or Derb Aries is going to merk on Commentary after that great comment there.
    the hell did you just say, brother

Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status

I heard the Bollywood Boys slept in Bunk Beds till they were 22 Aries stop it

Real Women of Genius

Sweet Meat

Status

Okay so:

The Bollywood Boyz had their best outing yet. I know a lot of people don't like them, but this was a good slot for them. What a nightmare of a match this must be for people who dislike them and Nese though. Crowd got into it a bit by the end.

Gallagher got the crowd into him, and rightfully so. I don't love the tie up spot, but man, he's so good, different, and charismatic he just wins people over.

The main event was really good. They had a chance to lose the crowd, and seemingly were going to, but both guys are so good that they won them over big time by the end. I feel like singing their praises is pointless, as most know how good they are, but I'm very happy with this and the outcome. Also pleased with post match interviews and video packages. It wasn't a perfect show, they probably could've done with something a little spottier to kick it off, but the match was still a good one. Overall, I was pleased with it. It wasn't as good as peak CWC, but it was much better than Cruiserweight presentation on RAW. If they keep this momentum going and the characters get developed and over as a result, we have a winner on our hands. And who knows, if NXT tours with their TV, 205 Live could always..ahem.. takeover Full Sail.

Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Bollywood Boyz were gross, and their finisher being a double superkick with those tassels only serves to remind me that the best cruiserweight tag team isn't signed to WWE. Bad choice for a first match on 205 Live. Wasn't a terrible match, but a bad match to kick off the first cruiserweight show ever, I think. Felt like a throwaway. Was not a fan of their awkward attempt to dance before the match, or their even more awkward attempt to dance after the match. It's like they were waiting for the crowd to clap for them, but the crowd felt the same way I did, so they just awkwardly started dancing before the camera cut away. /r/cringe material here.

Gulak seemed nervous speaking on camera, Nese a little less so, but boy was their post-match interview rough to start. Hopefully between all the touring they find an opportunity to give these guys some promo classes.

Agreed on the Gallagher tie-up spot. Hopefully they've gotten it out of their system. Their match was otherwise solid and I am a fan of both men.

Main event was good stuff, pleased with the outcome and enjoyed the finish. On Ken's point about it being better than the Cruiserweights on RAW, it's almost as if they did a shit job with them on purpose so that this show would seem amazing. Almost.

So this is always going to be coming on right after Smackdown, yeah? Looking forward to next week's episode.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
    Bollywood Boyz were gross, and their finisher being a double superkick with those tassels only serves to remind me that the best cruiserweight tag team isn't signed to WWE.
    Oh christ no.

Spoiler:

Rusev Day

Status

Enjoyed the main event immensely and the video package on Swann they did pre-match should have aired on RAW weeks ago. CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT people!

Sad that Kendrick lost the title already but I think he is better chasing as a desperate man at the end of his career to be honest anyway.

Interested to see Gallagher, Tozawa and Metalik and which one they push the hardest first as all three are better than most of what we've seen in the division on RAW so far.

This does feel like a complete reset, and one that is needed. I would like Neville to be added along with Aries in the next few months as well as the former isn't doing anything of significance right now.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Status

Just caught the main event. Was a really good match but the last few minutes were just weird. Kendrick literally got out of like 4 finishers, one of which was an amazing Sliced Break off the freaking top rope and Swann still kicked out. I love Swann and the match was good but it could have been booked a bit better at the end. Like Yeez told me, he came off as Super Cena of the cruiserweight division at the end of the match and he wasn't exaggerating. Cool moment though, and of course it wouldn't have been complete without a YOU DESERVE IT chant.

People's Champion

Status

Finished watching and honestly thought it was pretty good!! Great packages introducing the wrestlers. Two first matches were good enough for a TV show. The main event ruled!!!

I still can't wrap my head around why they would put this after smackdown. I read a report of someone who attended and 1/4 of the fans left before the CW show even started and some started leaving before the main event.

I just honestly hope WWE understands that it may take some more shows to keep the fans there.

And Jack needs to get rid of the tie up spot. Props to Kendrick and Swann for giving the remaining fans something to tell the others, who left, they should of stayed!!!

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    Finished watching and honestly thought it was pretty good!! Great packages introducing the wrestlers. Two first matches were good enough for a TV show. The main event ruled!!!

I still can't wrap my head around why they would put this after smackdown. I read a report of someone who attended and 1/4 of the fans left before the CW show even started and some started leaving before the main event.

I just honestly hope WWE understands that it may take some more shows to keep the fans there.

And Jack needs to get rid of the tie up spot. Props to Kendrick and Swann for giving the remaining fans something to tell the others, who left, they should of stayed!!!
    Honestly, its probably better that they put a show like this last. If people don't want to be there, they can leave. Otherwise, we may get hostage situations and the crowd takes over because they don't have interest in the talent.

Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Show was alright, but nothing that's gonna knock your socks off and I'm not convinced this show is going to work out. I know they probably wanted to make the main event seem like a big deal and don't want anything to upstage it, but to kick off the show with the fucking Bollywood Boys....ugh. Natty's right, that Bollywood Dance came off so cringey, nobody was interested in doing it or seeing it. To me the show still had the problems that Raw has had with this division, promising this unbelievable, never before seen, exhilarating style of wrestling, but what we're served up is smaller guys working the existing WWE style. How was this any more exciting or athletic than what Seth Rollins or AJ Styles do already? They had Alexander, they had Metalik, they had Dorado, they had Tozawa and instead they carted out Gulak and Nese who we always see and the average Bollywood Boys for an 'ok' tag match to kick start 205 live baby! Other than bringing out HoHo Lun, this was an awful decision for first ever 205live match.

Jack Gallagher's squash was alright and his act seems to be over with crowds. Love that he's got his march of the toreadors music again.

Main event was good and I'm in favour of the title switch, but I'd agree with Peep's point that Rich survived too many big moves and now I'm not really interested in a rematch because I don't think there's too much more to see of them. Gallagher and Swann do counter the point about will crowds be dead after SD because the fans were behind them both, but I'd rather see it before SD.

Austin Aries was the highlight of the show to me and was at least the only thing that gave the show a different feel to how Raw presents them. Enjoyed his old school heel jokes and slams and I was excited when he threw out there that he's coming for the title when he's healthy.

They have GOT to tape the backstage promos with these guys, no excuses not to. TJ Perkins didn't execute his awful lines very well at all. We could be in for a few dry weeks if using the CWC style interviews is the only form of character development and angles they want to shoot because they want to debut and establish acts first. I'm gonna need more than contextless matches to tune in every week. Prepare yourself for a rant if Gran Metalik and Tozawa don't have subtitled promos.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Decided to check out 205Live. Coming in at an odd place as I still have yet to watch the Cruiserweight Classic Series, so aside from a few guys I’ve seen make appearances on NXT or in the unfortunate Raw six-man tags, I essentially know no-one and nothing. First impressions, ahoy!

- The into is fucking awesome and masterfully done. Feels like I’m settling in to watch some sort of superpowered wrestling anime. The Purple/Orange coloring is a nice touch that sets it apart from the Red, Blue, and Gold of Raw, Smackdown, and NXT respectively. And that song too is absolutely bangers. Off to a good start.

- The commentary team is Corey Graves and Mauro Ranallo? Oh, I’ve died and gone to heaven, this is too lovely of a possibility to be real. Joined by Austin Aries, who is probably only temporarily there until the crater in his eye socket heals back up, after which he’ll most likely join the Cruisers on 205. Sneak attack the Champion or something.

- Having the entire CW roster standing in an orderly line on stage being introduced one by one feels like an amateur move. Surely you’d want to keep those unseen greats in your back pocket to get that surprise pop, aye? Don’t introduce all sixteen guys if you’re only going to use eight of them. Save some for future surprises.

- Thoughts on the roster from what little I may know of them, first impressions may apply:
    Rich Swann: Happy smiling dancing black guy who is an actual happy smiling dancing black guy, no forced gimmick needed.
    TJ Perkins: Cursed by a vengeful witch to only speak with video game references. Dabs, unfortunately.
    Jack Gallagher: Never saw him before but godamn, look at that mustache! Look at those tights! Look at that smile! I’m falling in love already.
    HoHo Lun: I don’t know wether that’s a mole on the center of his chin or the smallest waft of facial hair known to man, and the lack of answer is genuinely distressing me.
    Bollywood Boyz: *AWKWARD DANCING INTENSIFIES*
    Noam Dar: Scottish. Only recently discovered jackets can zip higher than nipple level and is delighted to share this discovery with as many people as possible.
    Tony Nese: Elias Samson if he was shrunk in the wash and quit drifting.
    Drew Gulak: I’m pretty sure I saw that jacket at a medival costume store yesterday.
    Ariya Daivari: Not THAT Daivari. He’s not from here, look at his craaazy passport.
    Cedric Alexander: OUR BOY
    Lince Dorado: Mask, cape, I can smell the merchandise opportunities already.
    Akira Tozawa: ??? I like his haircut.
    Mustafa Ali: I remember being impressed with him on one of his NXT appearances. I admire his Power-Ranger-esque suit.
    Gran Metalik: ??? Definitely looks like a lucha libre star.
    THE Brian Kendrick: Voted WC’s Hottest Person back in 2014. There’s a thread floating around here somewhere about that. It’s a thing of beauty and so is he.

So, of these, the only ones I have not seen in action, even just small snippets in NXT during the Dusty Rhodes Tag Classic, are Jack Gallagher, Akira Tozawa, and Gran Metalik.

- Love the Bollywood Boyz vignette, explain who they are and why they’re here. That’s great, I’m behind these two by default with that backstory.

I hear this was filmed after Smackdown, so probably a quarter of the crowd already left and another quarter were burnt out. I say this because the crickets that chirped during the Bollywood Boyz’s entrance were louder than any single audience member, unfortunately. Bit of a shame after that very well-done package piece explaining the Bollywood Boyz that they had to come out to almost no reaction.

Are Tony Nese and Drew Gulak an actual tag team or are they just the go-to ‘heels thrown together for a multiman match’? I don’t think I’ve actually seen one be without the other at all.

So, for all intents and purposes: This felt more Just Another Raw Match TM. If this was placed at the tail end of Hour Two of Raw I wouldn’t be surprised. That’s not to say it’s a bad match, just maybe not the perfect opener for the first show after a two-hour Smackdown Live in the same arena. I dunno, maybe I went into it wrong, expecting an explosive risk-all affair like I’m been told the CWC was more like. I do like the Bollywood Boyz and Drew Gulak, Tony Nese not so much, and they did seem to get the crowd into it during the second half of the bout, so maybe it was just some mistiming.

- Solid interview with THE Brian Kendrick. TJ Perkins brings up a good point though, if Brian does lose the belt before TJ can cash in on his rematch clause, would that mean TJ’s clause is null and void? Similarly, if he does have that rematch clause, why on earth did he have to fight – and lose – in that number one contender’s match a while ago with Swann & Dar? He mentioned he still has that clause so was he just competing in that contender’s match for shits and giggles, or was he competing to ensure only he himself would fight Kendrick? If that’s the case, why not just cash in that rematch clause before the whole kerfuffle? I have questions.

- Guys, I think I’m in love with Jack Gallagher. I was giggling like a schoolgirl, watching him escape and apply holds in the most showmany way possible. Dude woke that crowd the hell up, bless his delightful heart. <3

- Aaaand now that vignette’s got me super emotional about Rich Swann.

Swann/Kendrick was fantastic, exactly what I was hoping it would be. Bit of a bummer to see Kendrick lose the title already but I can’t say I’m entirely unhappy. Needed that first kick on a debut show and the title change’ll do. Plus I’m just super happy Rich Swann’s a champion now.

So, overall, it started off okay, nothing special, then ramped up as the hour went by. Love the vignettes, love the post-match interviews, love Jack Gallagher, loved the main event. This might not quite inject the life back into the CW division but it’s certainly a step in the right direction.

No One

Status
      Country                    Canada

Do Smackdown & Raw tour together? If they're going to have Akira Tozawa on the post-Smackdown show, I hope they end up tossing him in with Apollo Crews and have them team on Smackdown. Smackdown's tag division is pretty robust but it would fulfill half of my Ricochet/MOOSE/Crews/Tozawa dream.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Cage View Post
    Smackdown's tag division is pretty robust but it would fulfill half of my Ricochet/MOOSE/Crews/Tozawa dream.
    One of these things is not like the other...

But seriously, why MOOSE?
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Thread Information