Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE 205 Live General Discussion Thread

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: WWE 205 Live Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    I guess it was just WWE's way of getting that talentless woman on tv.
    If I could give you rep again I would, because I've been saying that for years. Girl needs to go, and she's just filling a spot till Emmalina takes it over and she'll fall into the Wasteland. I love it seeing Jack with a bad wheel and still being able to modify what he does in the ring and make it work. That shows the skills the guy has in that ring, to adjust to any situation in a match.

Daivari wins and I wouldn't mind a third match with these two next week!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo View Post
    If I could give you rep again I would, because I've been saying that for years. Girl needs to go, and she's just filling a spot till Emmalina takes it over and she'll fall into the Wasteland. I love it seeing Jack with a bad wheel and still being able to modify what he does in the ring and make it work. That shows the skills the guy has in that ring, to adjust to any situation in a match.

Daivari wins and I wouldn't mind a third match with these two next week!
    Well, fourth, after the RAW one.

205 Live isn't perfect yet. Could use a flippy tag somewhere in the middle, but I still have a lot of fun with it.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

I Want It All!

Status

Aries vs T.J Perkins pissing each other off, it's funny because Aries played as Suicide a character played also by TJ in TNA.

Real Women of Genius

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Oh, how far they have come.. Why does Rich Swann have the nickname "Outlandish"? That came out of nowhere.

I Want It All!

Status

Damn Swann survived he was in the Captain's Hook for like 5 mins it felt like.

Real Women of Genius

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Adrian Neville to take the title from him!

Sweet Meat

Status

205 has some flaws. They really could use a spotty flip floppy match on the show. The live aspect has positives and negatives. With that being said, it has a ton of positives overall. They are actively giving guys promo time (which isn't always great, but they're giving them a shot), something to work with in terms of a story even if its minor, video packages to highlight talent, and some quality matches. I thought the opener was a good one this week, the main wasn't as good as last week but still very solid and the story being told works, and Gallagher's match was solid too.

None of this is must-see yet. But it is setting a solid tone for when Tozawa's back and hopefully Metalik is used more.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook The Dumpster Droese View Post
    None of this is must-see yet.
    Brother, you ain't kidding. 205 Live is woefully unspectacular for the 'exciting breath of fresh air' it's supposed to be. Seems a waste to snatch up all these great indy talents and not give us any matches that replicate the exciting indy style. It will get better over time and all that but for now I'll stick to reading results.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Status
      Country                    United States

Aries commentary is awesome. Him verbally owning TJP was hilarious.

I mark out for Gallagher every time he does his headbutt.
    But I've been enjoying his character and matches overall.

Swann/Kendrick II was good but not as good as their initial encounter. Kendrick losing from being distracted was whatever. But still enjoyable regardless.

Yooooo Mang

Status

Swann and Gallagher are the best

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

General Thoughts:

- 205Live is always going to come off as inferior if you compare it to the high quality CWC because that was allowed to be a highly competitive sports-like tournament across 10 weeks that built to a crescendo, not a never ending weekly show in front of a live crowd that has to think longer term over it's booking. Honestly if some of these matches tonight were in front of a fired up Full Sail they'd feel twice as good. To me it's much fairer to compare it to the opening few months of Raw's handling of the division and see how it stacks up. btw, look how quickly people forget how unremarkable the first round episodes of the CWC were, other than Ciampa/Gargano the first four episodes were as unspectacular as it gets.

- That said, I agree with Ken, something needs to be an exciting and spotty to make it feel must see and gets fans on board early doors. We've just come off a couple of weeks in WWE where Charlotte was moonsaulting off tables and AJ was springboard 450'ing through a table, and Cederic Alexander is having his arm worked over for a few minutes. As much as I enjoyed babyface, redemption seeking Kendrick in the CWC, his involvement at the very top of this division since day one with his cliched WWE heel superstar mat based offence being apart of every title match has been a disease that has prevented these matches reaching the level we saw in the 2nd round onwards of the CWC.

- I got a little more storytelling this week, I think they're building to an obvious triple threat for the title pretty well and Aries and Perkins were pecking at each other on commentary to set something up there in the future. There's something brewing with Dar/Alexander now too, as well as the ongoing Davari/Gallagher stuff so there's 3-4 feuds going on. Mustafa Ali came off well in his interview, initially I thought they were going to go overboard on the he's from Pakistan, lets work the evil Muslim gimmick, but they steered away from that as it went on.

- I thought the opener was the best Dar has ever looked since working with WWE, in the CWC he never really clicked for me, but I thought he had the match of the night with Alexander, got good heat on himself with the post match shoutout to Foxy, and his swagger seemed to get over.

- Get Davari the fuck away from Gallagher, he's making Jack boring. Seriously did not need a rematch of the rematch, especially with the main event being a rematch.
    Last edited by ZinEdine Zidane; 12-07-2016 at 10:10 PM.

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

It might be too early to comment on that but I think that it was a mistake to place this show right after SmackDown. It should air on some other day like Thursday or Friday. So far the Cruiserweight experiment has fallen flat imo.

#WC4Horsemen

Rusev Day Smod

Status
      Country                    England

I think 205 Live is a lot better than anything we've seen in the division on RAW and I think with the introduction of Gallagher and Swann as champion as well as Metalik, Tozawa, Kendrick and Perkins all leading the division this time next year we could be talking in a very different light.

Compare to what has happened with the women, it takes time to establish new stars and make them be taken seriously. And now at least they have the platform to add a lot more depth to characters and eventually crowds will start to appreciate it and be hot for the show in my mind.

On last night's show I think it was really bad to have Gallagher beaten as it defined him down massively, especially as Daivari literally hasn't won a match since debuting.

Main event was fine but they were never going to top last week's match with the buzz of a title change.

Agreed with Ed on Noam Dar. That was the best he's looked since appearing in WWE including the CWC. With his age I really do think he could be a major player if he can stay healthy and get the right advice from the right people.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status

While some of the talents are great, I have to agree with what everyone is saying about the show. I hope something changes soon because as of right now crowds are dead for the crusierweights and it sucks because there are vastly talented individuals.

People's Champion

Status

While some of the talents are great, I have to agree with what everyone is saying about the show. I hope something changes soon because as of right now crowds are dead for the crusierweights and it sucks because there are vastly talented individuals.
    They should put the show on at 8-9 and then have smackdown go 9 -11 pm.

Putting it on after is mistake. I wouldn't be surprised if the show doesn't last. And I'm not trying to be negative about it either.

And I'm not that huge a fan of Gallagher. He's actually annoying me

Mid-Card Champion

Status

That's interesting. Why is that?

People's Champion

Status

That's interesting. Why is that?
    Maybe I just haven't seen enough of him. He's obviously a huge Mcguiness fan.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

205 Live Re: WWE 205 Live Discussion Thread

WWE 205 Live preview, Dec. 13, 2016: End of the line for “The Outlandish” Rich Swann?
    Before he battles TJ Perkins and The Brian Kendrick at Roadblock: End of the Line in a Triple Threat Match for the Cruiserweight Championship, “The Outlandish” Rich Swann has to go one-on-one against Perkins on WWE 205 Live.

Set to defend the WWE Cruiserweight Championship in a Triple Threat Match against TJ Perkins and The Brian Kendrick at Roadblock: End of the Line, “The Outlandish” Rich Swann faces his most formidable challenge to date. Yet, before he defends the title this Sunday, he has to face his friend TJ Perkins tonight on WWE 205 Live.

Perkins, of course, was WWE’s inaugural Cruiserweight Champion, and after being defeated by his arch-nemesis – former Cruiserweight Champion The Brian Kendrick — on Raw, he’s willing to do whatever it takes right his course and to win back the title. Battling Swann in a non-title match on WWE 205 Live presents the victor of the Cruiserweight Classic with a unique opportunity to deliver a message to both his friend and The Brian Kendrick before their Triple Threat Match.
    Gallagher defended his honor, but will he reclaim his momentum?
    Jack Gallagher made quite the impact when he debuted on the inaugural episode of WWE 205 Live and defeated Ariya Daivari, and did so again on Raw the following week. However, after a post-match attack on Raw that left him with an injured knee, The Extraordinary Gentleman was unable to best his nemesis a third time on WWE 205 Live last Tuesday.

Seeking retribution, Gallagher interrupted Daivari’s match with Lince Dorado on Raw Monday night, announcing his intention to interfere in the contest. Keeping his word, The Extraordinary Gentleman attacked Daivari and got an assist from Dorado, even though Gallagher’s actions cost the lucha libre sensation the match. Gallagher undoubtedly defended his honor, but can he regain the advantage he had inside the ring?
    Will more Cruiserweights arrive on WWE 205 Live?
    WWE 205 Live has already seen high-caliber championship matches and the debuts of exciting Cruiserweights like Cedric Alexander, Noam Dar, The Bollywood Boyz and Jack Gallagher. However, there are still a number of Superstars 205 pounds and under that have yet to make their WWE 205 Live premieres — or their Cruiserweight division debuts, in some cases.

The home of the Cruiserweight division on WWE Network is the perfect place for Superstars to make their presence felt. Who will be the next Cruiserweight to stun the WWE Universe?

Be sure to watch WWE 205 Live tonight at 10 ET/7 PT, immediately following SmackDown LIVE, on the award-winning WWE Network.

Sweet Meat

Status

205 has its flaws (smd meatwad) but they're actually working to give guys stories and character development, which is refreshing.

Spoiler:

I Want It All!

Status

Gallagher vs Gulak to start off 205 Live fuck yes!

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information