Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam Sales and Discussion

God's Gift to God

Status

Steam Sales and Discussion

I'm not sure how many people here actually play PC games (just got my rig a month ago) but I figured this could use its own thread. Steam launched the Autumn sale yesterday and put over 13,000 games on sale. For me this was my first experience with a big Steam sale and I was blown away by how much I ended up spending. I didn't think there would be enough to entice me to go balls out but by the end of it all I spent something like $120-$150 on Steam alone. If you factor in my Origins purchases and physical copies of Fallout 4 and Battlefield 1 my total haul was somewhere around $200. I went HAM since I didn't have much of a library and I figured the prices on these games wouldn't ever get drastically cheaper than they are now. Some of the games I passed on that I want (The Witcher 3 and GTA 5) will more than likely be cheaper by the time I'm ready to play them or at least fairly close.

So that being said, if you participate in the sale and burn your savings in the name of gaming feel free to share what you purchased here along with your general thoughts on the game or feedback. Also pass along any hot tips on games that others should look into.

My loot:

80 Days
    Battlefield 1**
    Crysis
    Deus Ex: Game of the Year
    Deus Ex: Invisible War
    Deus Ex: The Fall
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
    Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition
    Dragon Age 2*
    Dragon Age: Inquisition - Game of the Year*
    Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
    Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
    Fallout 4**
    Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition
    FTL
    Grim Fandango Remastered
    Half-Life
    Half-Life 2
    Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
    Half-Life 2: Episode 1
    Half-Life 2: Episode 2
    Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
    Half-Life Deathmatch: Source
    Half-Life: Blue Shift
    Half-Life: Source
    Jade Empire: Special Edition
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Special Edition
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2: Digital Deluxe
    Mass Effect 3: Digital Deluxe*
    Portal 2
    Psychonauts
    Sir, You Are Being Hunted
    Sunless Sea
    Team Fortress Classic
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

*EA Origin
    **Physical Disk

The Mass Effect, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age and Fallout games were all on my wishlist as soon as I got my PC. But I waited for a sale like this before buying them and I'm glad I did. All games I intend on completing and modding and if the tools are still out there I'd love to mod Mass Effect myself. There's a lot of really cool shit in here that I can't wait to dive into and a lot more that I decided to put off for now. My intention was to fill out my library and focus on playing a lot of games that I'm basically catching up on and not purchasing anything for a very long while. Mass Effect: Andromeda is the only game I can think of at this moment that I'm looking forward to even a little so I don't have any new purchases on the horizon. So to say I'm fully stocked now is an understatement.

Having said that I'll probably hop back on next week and buy all the stuff I'm telling myself I'll wait on. The idea of purchasing The Witcher 3 GoTY and just saying I have it makes me happy.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Re: Steam Autumn Sale - 2016

A Lot of great games. Most of them I have and picked up on sales myself. FTL is probably my favorite of the list minus the Elder Scroll games of course.

Also, I've never put my hours into a Online game than TFC. I remember my 8th grade summer i woke up and started playing that game until it was time to go to sleep. Loved playing as the Medic and Engineer.

People's Champion

Status

CRYSIS 1 is amazing. The add on campaign Warhead is also worth it. I loved both of them.

Wolfenstein New Order is fantastic. Awesome storyline and amazing gunplay. Its fun to shoot in this one. Some stealth but really just action.

You may want to check out Mad Max. It's s super smooth game and pretty fun

And really get Shadow Warrior 1 for 5.00. It's my favourite fps. Sword play is insane.

Shadow Warrior 2 is about 30.00 and well worth it. Sword play is even better.

These two games are under the radar games and seriously better than most FPS from triple A companies. Shadow Warrior 2 is the first game to use hdr if your monitor or tv supports it.

I'm buying Crysis 3 from Origin for 5.00. But I'm finishing Crysis 2 first. I may buy Farcry 4 but I'm sure the Christmas Sale will be better than 50% off right now.

I'd also recommend Satellite Reign. Awesome strategy game based in cyber punk future. Basically Deus Ex but in a strategy game. Hijack citizens or guards and hacking atm machines. Researching cyber body parts to give to your agents.
    Last edited by indyfan; 11-25-2016 at 12:11 AM.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

It's not Steam but I bought some games off the PSN black friday sale.

Terraria 2.99
    MegaMan Collection 5.99
    TellTale's Game of Thrones 3.99

All for PS4.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I went ahead and grabbed:

So far I've only had the chance to play EARTH DEFENSE FORCE 4.1 co-op with a buddy but it was a blast. Well worth the money. Reminds me of Lost Planet mixed with Rampage World Tour. Sheer chaos, getting really hard even on normal difficulty. Not for those with insect-related phobias.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

God's Gift to God

Status

Ugh. Didn't even make it a week. Said fuck it and got Witcher 2 Enhanced, Witcher 3 GoTY, Borderlands and Borderlands 2 GoTY and South Park Stick of Truth. Now I'm done for real.

I think.

To be continued...

ily

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Not really a huge sale but Skyrim: Special Edition was 29.99 on PSN so I bought a digital copy for my cousin.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Coxatron View Post
    Ugh. Didn't even make it a week. Said fuck it and got Witcher 2 Enhanced, Witcher 3 GoTY, Borderlands and Borderlands 2 GoTY and South Park Stick of Truth. Now I'm done for real.

I think.

To be continued...

ily
    Just start playing Witcher 3 and you won't have to worry about anything else in the entire world even breathing.

God's Gift to God

Status

Should I play Witcher 2 first or is jumping into 3 then coming back around on 2 kosher

ily

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Should I play Witcher 2 first or is jumping into 3 then coming back around on 2 kosher

ily
    I've been told 3 has like a little video that shows what happened in the previous games that matters. Part 2 also has that but I've told that each game has gotten better and makes it hard to play the older ones. I'd start with 2 if you plan to play them both.

God's Gift to God

Status

Guys I'm contemplating getting no man's sky for 35. It's the last day of the sale and they're finally starting to move the game out of pre-alpha with patches.

Help me

ily

People's Champion

Status

Guys I'm contemplating getting no man's sky for 35. It's the last day of the sale and they're finally starting to move the game out of pre-alpha with patches.

Help me

ily
    The game is apparently terrible. Don't buy it.

There, I helped you!!!

Plus the Steam Autumn sale is over. No Man's Sky is still on sale but from reviews..it looks like shit.

Buy Darksiders: Warmastered Edition. It's 80% off for people who don't own the previous edition.

Do you like RTS games?
    Last edited by indyfan; 11-29-2016 at 05:47 PM.

God's Gift to God

Status

Nms is getting updated to hell and back and a lot of recent reviews say that the game is vastly better. I'm sure the game was very underwhelming but steam reviews are full of butthurt idiots most of the time. Dishonored 2 got killed for optimisation issues but people like me that reviewed the game and had 0 problems got criticised for it.

ily

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Help me

ily

A turd coated in fresh grated parmesan is still a turd. And now the parmesan is all shitty.

It's just not worth it unless you have some sense of morbid curiosity and/or masochism.

It's not a game. None of the game elements to it make sense, and the stuff they're adding is shit nobody asked for but was easy for them to implement. Thematically doesn't make any god damn sense. You are constantly moving and exploring the universe and reaching different places, why would you need to base build? It's just content for content's sake. Fuck these developers and their shitty cash-grab game.

God's Gift to God

Status

Damn son did the developers kill your family :0

The game was the reason I almost bought a ps4 so I'm glad I dodged the bullet. But I can't lie and say I'm not curious to play it myself. I don't see the update as a random update for no reason. Many outlets have praised the update and flatly stated that the improvements to the game have made it better. It still feels like they released the game knowing it wasn't done but at this point everyone knows what's to expect. That's why I was so interested in getting it because the response to the new patch is overwhelmingly supportive.

ily

People's Champion

Status

Nms is getting updated to hell and back and a lot of recent reviews say that the game is vastly better. I'm sure the game was very underwhelming but steam reviews are full of butthurt idiots most of the time. Dishonored 2 got killed for optimisation issues but people like me that reviewed the game and had 0 problems got criticised for it.

ily
    I'd trust people who can't play a game when they were supposed to over any game review site. Obviously if the game is brand new and their gpu is 10 years old..they have no right to bitch but that is hardly the case. Also some do bitch about not getting the 60 FPS on ultra settings which is also ridiculous.

If the game is suppose to work on the minimum requirements then its supposed to. The Devs fucked up.

Avoid the game and buy Darksiders. It's 4 bucks.

And at this point in a few months No Man's Sky will be reduced in price like Arkham Knight was because the devs fucked up
    Last edited by indyfan; 11-29-2016 at 06:38 PM.

God's Gift to God

Status

I reviewed the game on steam since I had 0 issues just so people knew how good the game was once they got it running. Went in depth and even said for like 3 paragraphs that anyone affected has the right to be upset but that the game was amazing once they get the chance to play it.

1 out of 5 helpful COME ON LOVE ME

and pass on darksiders it's not my thing

ily

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
    The game is apparently terrible. Don't buy it.

There, I helped you!!!

Plus the Steam Autumn sale is over. No Man's Sky is still on sale but from reviews..it looks like shit.

Buy Darksiders: Warmastered Edition. It's 80% off for people who don't own the previous edition.

Do you like RTS games?
    Lol why mention a completely unrelated and different game as a rec?

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Damn son did the developers kill your family :0
    No but as someone who both loves the space-faring genre and also thinks false advertisement and scams are bullshit, it might as well have.

I take it you haven't seen any of the videos where they go over all the things the developer Sean Murray (I think his name is?) said were in the game but were definitely NOT in the game. They sold a lie. And none of that "everybody exaggerates" bullshit - they blatantly lied about what was in the game to sell copies and then hid from the public afterwards. Go watch. Go learn. You will probably hate them with a seething rage the same way that I do afterwards. In all honesty, I would be surprised and somewhat concerned if you did not feel similarly.

Don't trust gaming media. They loved the game before it came out and got shit on by everyone who isn't paid to love it. As for the update improving the game, it's hard not to improve on a grade F- by adding anything that isn't utter shit. Still doesn't make it a proper game experience.

Nothing but disdain for No Man's Sky. There were some among the gaming media who questioned the lack of objectives and content and they were laughed at as though they were crazy people. It was disgusting and that's not hyperbole.

Here, watch this video.

People's Champion

Status

I reviewed the game on steam since I had 0 issues just so people knew how good the game was once they got it running. Went in depth and even said for like 3 paragraphs that anyone affected has the right to be upset but that the game was amazing once they get the chance to play it.

1 out of 5 helpful COME ON LOVE ME

and pass on darksiders it's not my thing

ily

That's hardly criticizing your review though. And I'm sure once people get the game running properly, they will enjoy it. Your review might of just have come to early while the bitching was going on.

Check outvthe reaction when Arkham Knight came out compared to now especially since it's been fixed. If you wrote a positive review now compared to on release, fans would react differently. PC players do expect a lot from game devs. That I can agree with.

Also Coxy...don't forget you have the best gaming system.

Thread Information